Ain't no party like a Risan party (Open to new roster)

Started by Malik Grippen, February 01, 2019, 01:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malik Grippen

[Deck 4 - Enlisted Crew Mess Hall]

It was day 1 of life aboard the Challenger, but that would never stop a Risan from throwing a party. As for Risans, there was a party to be had everyday. The Tempest chapter in his life was over and a new one was now beginning. None of his former Tempestians had been assigned with him and so he felt much like he had on his first day aboard the Tempest, new, but not so fresh given the insane joyride of assignments the Tempest had been through.

Malik along with a small group of other new arrivals had gathered in the enlisted crew mess for a welcome aboard social, for everyone knew this was where the real stuff happened unlike the stuffy officers mess where he was expected to be. They had wasted no time in clearing the tables away to maximise the social and dancing space and had setup a side table for drinks. Malik had spent the past half hour mixing a number of Risan cocktails of various colours, ingredients and sizes. All shared the same lethal potency of genuine alcohol.

The chatter of conversation was light and jovial, relaxed and informal as more people arrived and the social lubrication of deadly alcohol worked its magic. The music was old, but upbeat. Malik began to mingle and introduce himself to his new crewmates, dressed in the traditional Risan white silk informal attire.

Species: Risian | Age: 29 | Profile | Personal Log | Character Images

Alexa Costa

"That one?" Lex Costa pointed at a tall glass with an amber, sparkling liquid inside it. Her eye had been drawn to it immediately of course, due to the sparkly adornments on the rim of the glass.

"Golden Shower."

She narrowed her eyes at Hammond Oftex, her fellow Ops officer and some-time nemesis. She normally wouldn't trust him as far as she could throw him, which wasn't far because he was quite rotund for a Saurian, but he'd assured her that the alcohol at this party would be legit and he'd been right. After her performance at the New Year's party she'd been trying to give everyone a wide berth. She'd been absent from almost every social event since and had managed complete, successful avoidance throughout their entire stop at DS9.

There'd been talk about reprimands, something said about dereliction of duty... But she couldn't remember any of that, and if she didn't remember it, then it didn't happen. Lex deserved a break. Trying to fit in with the crew had been difficult. Besides, this shindig was being thrown by a Risian. She'd been to Risa several times with the old Presto crew. They'd had a tendency to offer Lex things before she'd even decided to steal them.

Special people.

"An' this one?" She gestured toward a small tumbler, filled with a green liquid and green leaves that she thought might look like mint. She and Oftex were standing at a table laden with beautiful looking concoctions. She was still somewhat sober, and so she couldn't yet allow herself to take a sip from every glass in order to find her new favourite, which would leave her germy remains for the next unsuspecting reveler. That wasn't very classy.

"Mucus Mambo."

Lex wrinkled her nose with distaste. "You're lyin', Pinky."

"Would I lie to you, Costa? Trust me, I used to moonlight as a mixologist, and I'm telling you, that's the translation." The Saurian had the gall to pretend offense. Lex decided to take the plunge and plucked the green tumbler from the table. She spotted a man in white silk making some mingling rounds and she waved at him to capture his attention. She thought he looked very regal.

"How'ya," she began by way of greeting, before holding her glass aloft and pointing at the cocktail, "Can ya by any chance tell me what this is called?" She moved a little bit closer to be heard better over the sound of some wan caterwauling about fireworks. Then she hastily added, as though just remembering her manners, "Oh. Welcome to the Challenger. Ya must be very brave." Or crazy. She eyed him casually.

Bio: Lex Costa
Alt of Felicity Ellis

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Deck 4 - Enlisted Crew Mess Hall]

Rumour spread quickly about a group of new transfers starting up a party in the Enlisted Mess.  Security had been informed to keep tabs on it.  Lahr grinned as he entered dressed in his casual attire.  Oh he'd keep tabs alright - undercover.

The Andorian glanced over the room, noting the mix of familiar and unfamiliar faces.  Unsurprisingly, Lahr spotted Costa.. along with Oftex.  Lahr gave a nod to both before selecting stemmed wine glass with a pale blue alcohol.  He didn't need to know the name of the alcohol he was drinking.  The names of those he was drinking with was another matter.

Hearing Costa welcoming one of the new guys, a man in a Risan white silk outfit, Lahr piped in as well.  "Yeah, welcome aboard. I'm Lahr... this is Lex and the big guy is Hammond. "

Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Malik Grippen

Quote from: Alexa Costa on February 01, 2019, 02:44:16 PM

"Would I lie to you, Costa? Trust me, I used to moonlight as a mixologist, and I'm telling you, that's the translation." The Saurian had the gall to pretend offense. Lex decided to take the plunge and plucked the green tumbler from the table. She spotted a man in white silk making some mingling rounds and she waved at him to capture his attention. She thought he looked very regal.

"How'ya," she began by way of greeting, before holding her glass aloft and pointing at the cocktail, "Can ya by any chance tell me what this is called?" She moved a little bit closer to be heard better over the sound of some wan caterwauling about fireworks. Then she hastily added, as though just remembering her manners, "Oh. Welcome to the Challenger. Ya must be very brave." Or crazy. She eyed him casually.

Malik gave his customary easy smile to the young human woman, who appeared to be of a similar age to himself. "That's one of the Grippen family's own creations, the Green Goblin. We named it that due to the hallucinations of little green monsters it will give you." The drink shared the same appearance as another popular cocktail, but was in fact unique. He extended his hand in greeting to the woman and her large eyed companion.

"Malik Grippen. Disregard for my own safety is part of a pilot's job description."

Though her comment was curious, things couldn't be as chaotic here as they were on my last ship, could they?

The two unnamed officers were quickly introduced by the straight-laced Andorian security crewman. The Risan raised an eyebrow at the petty officer's choice of beverage, "Blue Steel. Nice choice. Fermented from the Vithi plant. It'll have your antenna spinning in no time."

For his own choice, Malik had of course opted for the Risan Mai-tai, which was his go-to drink, at least for starters until the real party started.

"It's great to meet you three, is there anything I need to know to help me integrate with the rest of the crew?"

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr snorted.  Go figure he'd pick an Andorian drink.  But at least it was one he'd never had before.  He took a sip of the Blue Steel, and sucked in a breath at its potency.  Lahr gave an appreciative whistle. "Nice!"

At Malik's question, Lahr gave a shrug. He motioned to the activity going on around them.  "Seems to me like you transfers know exactly how to fit in.  We here on Challenger like to drink lots, drink often and blow stuff up."

Alexa Costa

"Green Goblin, eh." She smiled as she glanced from her glass, to the Risan in the toga. Marginally better than the Mucus Mambo. Lex rolled her eyes in the Saurian's direction, though she was delighted he'd been caught out.

She took the man's offered hand and shook it, just as Lahr stepped in with the introductions. "Nice ta meet ya." She dropped the man's hand and took a testing sip of her Goblin, which she decided she very much liked and hoped it would eventually live up to its name. "In my experience pilots are usually a bit different, y'know?" Lex said it like she said most things, with the confidence of a storyteller used to serious embellishment. She had known a few kooky pilots in her time though. "We had a pilot on the Presto once that used ta collect those Russian doll thingies from Earth. Ya know, the wooden doll inside a doll contraption." She frowned, thinking hard but unable to recall exactly what they'd been called. "D'ya collect dolls, Malik?"

Beside her Hammond Oftex was staring at her in a combination of disbelief and embarrassment. "Please excuse Costa here, Mr. Grippen, she doesn't get out often."

Instead of arguing with the Saurian, Lex surprisingly just nodded her head in agreement. "I don't. S'really in everyone's best int'rest."

She thought maybe she'd like to try a Blue Steel next; Malik the Togaman was making it sound most intriguing. The effects sounded particularly interesting if one had antennae. She looked at Lahr, her head falling to one side as she watched him test the concoction. "Mm, 'tis true," she agreed with the Andorian's assessment. "Ya can't really know someone 'til ya get greased with 'em, or see somethin' get exploded ta bits together."

Bio: Lex Costa
Alt of Felicity Ellis

Malik Grippen

"Yes, the bonds we form in battle are often the strongest and most enduring"

Malik was pleased Lahr was enjoying the drink of his people, perhaps he belonged to the few Andorians that could let their antenna down and partay. The Risan chuckled at the young ops ensign's increasingly slurred speech. That was the Green Goblin, it sneaked up on you and before you knew it, you were swinging from the light fixtures.

"Dolls no. But sex-bots are quite popular on Risa. The variety available is practically endless in order to cater for the sexual tastes of the Federation's bountiful species. There was even a sex-bot uprising in the distant past, not long after Risa had joined the Federation. A rogue AI deemed the gratification of carbon based lifeforms to be degrading and so initiated a killing spree, many thousands died, some in more pleasurable ways than others."

Malik continued to sip his Mai-Tai as he told the story. He then suddenly remembered to add one piece of crucial information, "Oh and I don't own one personally, in case you were wondering. Most of my spare time is spent in the company of others or practising Risian-Yoga as much as I can. I even teach it if you guys would be interested?"

Rhorran

The small heels of Rhorran's strappy silver sandals hit the deck plating in a graceful staccato rhythm, barely discernible in the clatter and din of the ongoing party. The heels didn't add much to his diminutive 5'5" stature, but made him feel taller and that's what mattered to him. The lights danced off the sequins of his silver and royal blue smoking jacket and the many belted chains that hung from his kilt. He snagged a fairly enticing violet colored drink topped with a hot pink amaryllis from the bar and waded into the fray. An interesting snippet of conversation caught his attention.

Quote from: Malik Grippen on February 05, 2019, 04:33:21 PM

"Dolls no. But sex-bots are quite popular on Risa. The variety available is practically endless in order to cater for the sexual tastes of the Federation's bountiful species. There was even a sex-bot uprising in the distant past, not long after Risa had joined the Federation. A rogue AI deemed the gratification of carbon based lifeforms to be degrading and so initiated a killing spree, many thousands died, some in more pleasurable ways than others."

Malik continued to sip his Mai-Tai as he told the story. He then suddenly remembered to add one piece of crucial information, "Oh and I don't own one personally, in case you were wondering. Most of my spare time is spent in the company of others or practising Risian-Yoga as much as I can. I even teach it if you guys would be interested?"

"A colleague of mine owns one of those sentient sex-bots. Best [spoiler]damn[/spoiler] security officer I've ever met. Nasty temper though, but he plays a mean game of poker." Rhorran lifted his drink, in a half salute at the Risan man. He had to hand it to Risa, he'd never met one native who wasn't blindingly attractive. This man was clearly no exception, and he took a sip in admiration. Definitely some sort of tulaberry blend in this, not unpleasant.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time.

BIO

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr snorted a laugh at Costa's comment about 'dolls' but that laugh was nothing compared to stunned look the Risan received at the oh-so-casual mention of sex-bots and their AI uprising.  What a way to go..

"Do I want to know how flexible one has to be to do Risan-Yoga?"  It did sound intriguing though... might be a good pick-up line - offering to practice yoga together.  Lahr grinned.

Malik Grippen

Malik noticed the white and black furred Caitian giving him the once over, but what really caught his eye was the crewman's dazzling silver and blue jacket. Malik had to squint his eyes as one of the party-lights caught the broadside of sequins and lit up Rhorran like a furry disco ball.

"Oh really? There were rumours a small group of the sentient-bots had escaped the great purge. Very interesting. Your friend must have caught one of the good ones, otherwise he'd have died through snu-snu long ago. Malik, a pleasure to meet you."

He offered a hand in greeting to the shiny caitain. This was one feline that sure knew how to dress for a party.

In response to Lahr, Malik downed the remnants of his mai-tai and set the glass to one side. "It only takes a few sessions before your body loosens up and you can stretch really far, I aim to have students achieve this by the 3rd session." Malik dropped to the floor and went into a handstand before arching his feet forward until they touched his head, it was called the 'scorpion pose'.

He hopped back to his feet, "But the real purpose of Risan Yoga is to open up the pleasure centre of the brain and work those muscles used in sexual stimulation. This, used in conjunction with Jamaharon is how to achieve nirvana my friends."

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr's eyes widen appreciatively at the demonstrated pose.  "Oh, sign me up!". He raised his Blue Steel drink in salute towards Malik and took a sip, giving another whistle afterwards.  That stuff was potent!

Lahr's gaze then turned to Alexa.  He smirked, it seemed he saw her more often with a drink in her hand that anything else.   Then he frowned, because the same could be said about him.

"So what was the Tempest like? That is the ship you got transferred from, right?   Tell us one of her stories!"

Malik Grippen

"It was, hmm a good story..."

In the background one of the younger crewmen, fresh out of the academy took a turn for the worse with their 'alcohol to remaining vertical' ratio and tumbled over into one of the tables scattering drinks across the dance floor. The result was a loud cheer from the gathered audience.

"This one mission, we time travelled back to ancient Earth to the time of the pharaohs through a slingshot maneuver around the sun. Whilst perusing the markets of ancient Memphis, I managed to accidentally inhale some deathsticks and experienced a harrowing, hallucinogenic trip involving centipedes crawling out of people's eye sockets."

Malik grabbed another Mai-Tai. "How about you, any good stories from the Challenger?"

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr glanced over as one of the revelers passed out with a cheer from the crowd.  He took another sip of his Blue Steel while listening to Malik's story about time travel to ancient Memphis.  He hadn't even known there was a Memphis that wasn't in Tennessee or involved the King of Rock 'n' Roll.

"Sounds cool."

When asked about good stories from Challenger, Lahr seemed pensive.  Did he know anything that didn't involve alot of death and mayhem?  He thought back over the year  or so that he'd been aboard... kidnapped by and escaping from an ancient AI that called itself the Gravekeeper, evacuating an undersea lab only to have to make an emergency rise to the surface with an ancient ship, a temporal anomaly,  standing guard at a Admiral's meeting and having it infiltrated right under their nose with the Captain under suspicion.  None of these seemed to paint the ship and crew in good light.  Hmmm.

"Oh..  there was the time the Rocinante was attacked and ended up leaking trllithium isotopes with the ship in a failing orbit and about to chaos havoc on an entire gas planet. But Challenger managed to save the day."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.