Personal Log - Malik Grippen

Started by Malik Grippen, October 05, 2018, 03:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malik Grippen

Log Entry I - 5th October 2512 bc

If you told me a month ago that I'd have escaped a shuttle explosion, had a chinese with an Orion princess and travelled back in time to ancient Earth, I'd never have believed it. My first month assigned to the Tempest has been a rollercoaster of experiences. My first official flight ended in near disaster and a frozen, but thankfully brief excursion to northern Canada. It was all down to a plot involving some wayward cadets, Starfleet intelligence and a bunch of other players. I still haven't found out who was behind it all and likely never will given my clearance.

After that ordeal, I caught up with some Orion cadets and had a really enjoyable night, especially with Volinna who turned out to be Princess of Ayirn. My second near-death experience of the day came shortly after finding out that nugget of information, choking on a piece of schezwan chicken.

A week later I was invited to Judy Eastman's ballbase party. A few Romulan ales and a massage later and Judy and I almost gave her son permanent mental scarring. Volinna made an appearance and after a few stern words from Commander Wu, the party was over. Then came the call from captain Hawk and how I ended up in the year 2512 bc.

Now I have time to reflect on it, the slingshot maneuver was the highlight of my flying career so far. The crew all came together and pulled it off, a real team effort. Now we need to track down a time travelling Ferengi pirate, which I have the feeling will be a lot harder than simply tracking life signs. Then we need to repeat the slingshot back to our time, hopefully Saya can hold the ship together long enough for the trip back home.

Species: Risian | Age: 29 | Profile | Personal Log | Character Images

Malik Grippen

Log Entry II - 3rd February 2397

The Tempest chapter of my career is over and now a new one begins aboard the Challenger, a class fresh out of space-dock. Starfleet Command had their reasons for reassigning the Tempest crew across the fleet I'm sure. Now I've had time to reflect, I'm glad the Tempest was my first posting as I feel it's prepared me for the future better than anything else. I'll bring all I've learnt to bear on this new ship and hopefully enjoy a less 'seat of pants' lifestyle.

The sun has set on the Tempest, though I'm sure it will rise again.

There has been little time to settle in and I've only managed to throw one party; we're on the eve of battle against Starfleet rebels led by the mad admiral Leyton. The stakes are high, but the offensive has drawn to a standstill. We'll be the ones to seize the initiative. Let's hope this isn't the last log entry I get to make.

Malik Grippen

Log Entry III - 23rd October 2399

I record this log approximately 35,000 light years from the Federation, onboard an AI controlled probe 200 years from the past as the away team and I try to restore it to working order. I'm back on the Challenger refamiliarizing myself with the helm position I used to know following my two year hiatus locked inside a transporter buffer. The crew of the Athena are scattered, some retired, others serving onboard other ships. Buy by some fortunate happenstance, Nira and I ran into each other on Risa of all places and 'reconnected.' Thought she serves on the Discovery, I'm sure our paths will cross from time to time.

I now serve with a new crew, with a captain I'd never met before. It's all still very new, but I'm starting to feel at home again and get to know my new colleagues better.

Not much time for breaks, we're on a tight schedule to get back home before the wormhole collapses. I really wish they had sonic showers on these type-9's...

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.