S2 M10 - Advenæ

Started by Solluk, October 20, 2020, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hrafn Falleg

Quote from: Solluk on November 11, 2020, 01:38:39 AM

Katra Station - Commander's Ready Room - A short time ago

Solluk was somewhat concerned when Hrafn mentioned oddities in the researcher's mental state and motivations, but reminded himself not to judge the man prematurely.  Even in the 24th century, there was some stigma associated with mental illness.  He should not contribute to that by participating in it.

When Hrafn suggested a good-bye hug, Solluk reflected on how much he'd changed since coming into Starfleet service.  Vulcans generally abhorred physical contact.  They certainly did not go in for something as emotional as a hug.  But Solluk's behavior had largely caught up to his compromised emotional state.  He was still a Vulcan.  He would always be a product of his culture.  But he was a Vulcan who could appreciate such gestures.

He reached out to accept Hrafn's hug, "We will miss you.  But I hope you enjoy your time away."

[Station Commander's Office - Katra Station 17th October]

Hrafn teared up at the Captain's goodbye's, slightly worsened by the fact that he allowed the hug. It meant more than 'just a goodbye hug' coming from him.

Blinking back the tears she admitted, head down "I'm going to miss everyone too, there's another reason besides really missing Nevir, for me going now and don't tell Tess, please I don't want her to feel bad.  Up to now, my kids have been the angels and everyone's favourites however cheeky they get.  I'm sure they still will be favourites, but I want Tess and Rayek's baby to arrive with the fanfare that he and they deserve, with no 6 year olds or an almost 3 year old to distract from that.  I want him to have the chance to be adored and get his foot in the door so to speak, and for them to have the time with him to start off with, to bond without my tribe feeling left out too."

She shrugged.  "I know from when I had Lamar, try as I might to include the twins, they did feel left out, neglected.  Thankfully my in laws are saints and managed to keep them more loved and spoilt than might otherwise have happened had I been doing normal duty on a starship at the time."

"Farewell Captain, I'll be back before you know it, and I'll keep you updated via subspace messages, you don't get rid of me that easily!"

[END SCENE]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Sickbay - 21st October]

"So... if someone could give this to Dr. Yona on 9th as I'm not going to be here, we'd appreciate it!"  Hrafn said passing over the parcel to a nurse.  It contained a purple and blue teddy - Dr. Yona's birthday gift from the kids... they'd chosen it themselves.

"Erm... what exactly is it?  Not a bomb or something that's going to go off?!" they asked apprehensively.

"Oh no... well ok the card does explode slightly but only to shower him with glitter and confetti, blame Nerys for that one! But no it's just his birthday card.  I found out that it's his birthday on 9th November and that's when I'm due to be arriving on my husband's ship so we won't be here in person.  I also have 'La Cerise EclatÁ©e' Bakery delivering an assortment of cream cakes and doughnuts to your rest room that day, but I've asked them to check with whomever is in charge that day where to put them so that Dr. t'Lhoell doesn't go mad at me!" she said her tongue protruding slightly.

The nurse nodded and popped them in a bottom locker, then set an alert on her PADD to remind her.

"There... so even if I get busy I'll be reminded at the end of my shift if I forget!"

"Thank you!" Hrafn said gratefully.

She turned and went to find Dr. Yona himself with the other things she'd brought down.

"Hi Doctor,.." she passed over a small bag.  "This is for Sapphire, non-replicated chicken breast from one of the restaurants.  For her helping with the kids.  I've nipped down without them as I'm trying to get around everyone before my trip.  This is for you..."

She passed over an artificial bouquet in a vase.

"Synthetic I'm afraid... I figured would be better for you for two reasons, first - no allergies to worry about for you or patients, second - won't die if you get busy and forget to water it! And on a side issue, won't kill Sapphire if she takes it into her head to chew on it.  It's a thank you, as is this card..."  her mind went to the other one and a sly grin crept across her features.  This one was just hand stitched by the kids.

"Thank you so much for fixing my knee... and being so sweet to the kids.  Now I've got to run, I've got things to pick up on the Promenade and all, but I'll see you when I get back and Happy Birthday for the 9th, I've promised the kids they can contact you and sing Happy Birthday so you have that to look forward to!"

[CMO's office]

Spotting movement from Tess's Office, Hrafn went over and chapped at the door quietly, not using the chime for fear of potentially waking the baby if Tess had him with her.

"Flying visit if that's you Tess!" she almost whispered.  "I'm off tomorrow on the shuttle to DS9 so thought I'd check with you see if you had anything you need taken there - Solluk did put a thing on the Officer's notice board but you've probably been caught up with a bundle of adorableness!  Oh and obviously... to offer my heartfelt congratulations!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Departures > Promenade > Hrafn's Quarters - 22nd October]

[NPC's Crista, James and Ujosso]

"So, where too now?" James asked.

"Gotta check on Hrafn's cake order at 'The Popped Cherry'... for Dr. Yona's birthday cakes." Crista answered her fiance.

Ujosso stopped bent over laughing absolutely creased.

"Am I missing something, girls?" James asked as Crista joined in the giggles.

"The... Popped... Cherry...." Ujosso howled, tears streaming down her face almost unable to breathe for laughing.  "I'd never realised until now that's what it meant the name of the bakery!"

"Huh?"

"'La Cerise EclatÁ©e' Bakery on the Promenade,.." Crista explained.  "...that's what the name means in French."

"I'll never be able to walk past it again without giggling!" he admitted.

30 mins later in Hrafn's quarters, complete with several pizzas, a box of cakes from the bakery which had eventually been procured after they'd explained to Henri the proprietor why they were giggling so much... it had earned them 3 free cakes on top of the ones they had ordered... in appreciation that someone got the joke, and some cat treats, the trio sat down together to watch a holo movie.

"Do you think we should invite that doctor?  He should be coming off shift about now, we have pizza, we have cakes, we have booze and we have movies and Ujo's playing wallflower!"

"Oi!  But yes... good idea!" the Klingon admitted.

=/\=Crista LePrant to Dr. Yona.  If you are free and about finished your shift, we'd like to invite you to the Falleg Quarters for an evening of fun, pizza, booze and movies if you're up for it! =/\=

"Yes, the spots DO go all the way down.  No, you don't get to see!"

Tess tLhoell

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - LDU] (October 17th)

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on November 12, 2020, 03:16:44 AM

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Labor and Delivery Unit] (October 17th)

The arrival of Ensign Fuller was the start of what Rayek had envisioned labor truly was. The hermaphrodite doctor took charge and had Tess get into position.  Soon Tess was squatting in front of the chair he sat on, supporting herself using his legs as a brace.  Rayek wrapped his arms under hers from behind ready to keep her steady during the contractions.

With the speed with which the contractions were coming now, they didn't have long to wait before Tess was pushing.   Her pained cries ate at him, yet Rayek held her supportively and continued to offer encouragement.

News that the head was already showing, gave Rayek spur of excitement.  "Keep it going. Almost there, e'lev. Remember to breathe." At which point, Rayek would demonstrate the proper breathing technique.

Another push and the head was out!  Rayek was torn between feeling ecstatic with joy at the news"¦ and concerned about the screams that Tess was uttering.

At one point, between pushes, Tess sobbed unable to continue and Rayek felt his heart wrench as he held her steady.  It was all he could do"¦ "Can't you give her something for the pain?" he pleaded on Tess' behalf but Fuller ignored him and encouraged Tess to push one more time.  Which Tess did"¦ and then one more time after which the baby arrived "" caught by doctor Fuller.

Rayek watched in stunned amazement as Jayce wiped down and bundled up his son.  It took the Doctor prompting him to move, for him to make space on the chair for his wife.   Guiltily Rayek scrambled back and made space, before realising he should probably just leave Tess the chair-bed completely.   Disentangling himself was a bit awkward but he eventually managed it and then stood off to the side of the chair as he watched his wife hold their son for the first time.  Tears of joy overflowed and he reached out a hand towards Tess and the tiny life she held in her arms.  "I-jol au, e'lev. You are amazing. Our son is perfect."

Unbelievable, incredible happiness what was Tess felt right now, a happiness she had never experienced before. It was like being on a high, her system without a doubt flooded by happiness hormones. She beamed up at Rayek. With that undescribable joy she also felt an as yet unknown sense of pride. Their son was the most beautiful child she had ever seen. And even if it might seem odd or sound archaic, she was also proud that she had been able to give a child to her husband. She knew how much Rayek had wanted a family. Now they had started their own little one.

At Rayek's comment, Tess chuckled while another tear of joy was rolling down her cheeks. "He is", she agreed quietly, her eyes glued to the little miracle lying on her chest. Those tiny hands ... and even tinier fingernails. The cutest pointy ears and the faint V on his forehead. At this point Tess had totally forgotten about the others who were gathered at the other side of the privacy screen but was consumed by taking in every little detail of her child. "This is your daddy, see?", Tess smiled and glanced to Rayek with a smile, although of course the baby had his eyes closed still at this point and couldn't see.

Tess looked to Jayce and Dennix. "Thank you so much."

"You did all the work", the Denobulan grinned, "and you did excellently. The room will remain unoccupied for the rest of the day, so you have enough time to settle down and get to know your little one. Make sure to breastfeed your boy within the next one or two hours for the first time. Natural instincts are that the child will move to the breast on its own accord to feed." Dennix smiled once more.

"The waiting area is full of people waiting for the news. Do you want them to be notified by someone specific? Though I do advise for at least two or three hours of rest for your and the baby."

"The more important question is: what's his name gonna be?!", Jayce asked curiously. Both Rayek and Tess had been avoiding any questions regarding the name. They said they wanted to wait until the baby was actually born to decide how they would name it, but they hadn't even spilled any of the possible options.

Tess' smile faltered briefly as she recalled the names they had been considering. They had agreed on giving him a Romulan name and also going for Romulan naming tradition which meant the place of birth - Katra - would be part of his official name.

"We've been going for the sound of the name but even more so for its meaning. Ssaed "" choice, will, desire, Fvienn - power, force, strength, Dathe "" honor, Khellian "" hunter, Kinaen "" oath and Lhael - air." Although it was Romulan, Tess pronounced the names flawlessly. She had been saying them out loud to herself to practice them over and over again over the past months. "Ssaed and Kinaen have been our favorites, but ...?" She glanced to her husband with a smile. "I now feel another one of those would be more fitting?"

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - CMO's office] (October 21st, 4 days after the birth)

Tess carried the little baby Lhoell in a baby sling. Big blue eyes that were a vivid blue like Tess' eyes were, were looking curiously at what mommy was doing. She didn't return to duty yet, nor would she for the next weeks. But she wanted to be kept in the loop if she could help it. So she packed a few of the PADDs in a bag she had with her.

Quote from: Hrafn Falleg on November 12, 2020, 10:02:00 AM

[CMO's office]

Spotting movement from Tess's Office, Hrafn went over and chapped at the door quietly, not using the chime for fear of potentially waking the baby if Tess had him with her.

"Flying visit if that's you Tess!" she almost whispered.  "I'm off tomorrow on the shuttle to DS9 so thought I'd check with you see if you had anything you need taken there - Solluk did put a thing on the Officer's notice board but you've probably been caught up with a bundle of adorableness!  Oh and obviously... to offer my heartfelt congratulations!"

Hearing the knock at the door Tess turned around and smiled at Hrafn. "Oh! Yes, I've heard you're visiting your husband. I'm glad you dropped by, I might have not gotten around to do say goodbye before you left. I'm happy for you that you get to visit Nevir." When she spoke of her son Tess beamed widely at the little one in the baby sling, his head resting against her chest and then she nodded at Hrafn. "Thank you so much." She squeezed her hand in thanks. "Do you have everything packed already? Will you take your kids with you?" She figured it would be a perfect opportunity for the children to see their dad.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Catherine Goodspeed

Quote from: Beja on November 10, 2020, 12:00:38 AM

Katra Station - Klingon Empire Embassy

Beja smiled as Cat arrived at the new Klingon Empire Embassy, or at least what was going to be the embassy. Right now, it was just an empty space that would bring dishonor to Katra if the Klingons saw it. Good thing that Katra had the secret weapon that would allow them to overcome this obstacle, Cat Goodspeed. One of the best engineers that Beja had ever worked with, if anyone could get the embassy up and running, it would be Goodspeed.

Hello, thank you so much for coming on short notice," Beja greeted Cat and the others as they arrived, "œWe don't have much time, and we have to get it ready. The Klingon Empire and the Tholians will be having a diplomatic meeting here."

Beja hoped her anxiety and worry did not show to the others. She had done her best to try and appear confident and positive. Beja knew that nothing sinked a mission more than a negative attitude. Negativity could spread just like a disease and they didn't need that. They needed all the momentum and positive attitude, and Beja would bring all of that for them!

Beja took out her PADD and showed it to Goodspeed and her team. "œYou should find all the equipment, and decorations that we will need to be installed. It is mostly the same items as the last embassy: banners, statues, torches, gagh tanks, etc.

Cat grinned as Beja spoke and handed her the PADD.  Cat almost had a maternal worry about the Counselor and her gentle nature.  Cat had decided very early on from arriving at the station that anyone who tried to mess with the Counselor would have to go through her first.

Cat studied the PADD in her hand and sucked air in through her teeth.  She thought of toying with Beja by saying that it couldn't be done but the poor woman's nerves would be raw enough without her jesting.

"Give us... 4 hours? I'll pull some extra bodies in to help.  We'll make it an exact replica of the other one, I'm not having some busy body come up to you waving a tape measure in your face complaining that the room is 3 mm smaller in the far right hand corner than the other Embassy.  We don't have the time nor patience for pettiness here!"

Cat looked at Gus "Call in some extra bodies... say 6. Pull them from any current non essential work areas, they can catch up with that on their next shift"

"oh and Gus? get a Security team down here for a sweep of the room before we start anything, I don't want to come across something dodgy before we've even started work here... oh and the cleaning team.. you know the ones I like... we'll need a good spit and polish and vacuum before we hand it over. I won't have anyone say we don't keep a clean ship"

Quote from: Zex on November 11, 2020, 11:15:48 AM

Katra Station - Operational Control Center - A short time after

"Thank you, Sir.  I will run down there and consult with her" Zex replied.  She was slightly relieved that she had side stepped the awkward conversation with the Captain.  But the conversation still needed to be had with Beja.

Zex dipped her head slightly as if to say goodbye.  The she returned to the lift and directed it to take her to the deck where she could find Beja.  While the lift moved, she thought to check her pad.

An email was waiting for her to read from Ms. Falleg.  She opened it to find the report that one of her children had done on the Tholians.  The Deltan did not have time to read it now, but she did have time to reply to the email.

"Hi.  I have received the report and can't wait to read it!  But it may not be till later today.  Sincerely, Zex" she typed out and sent just before the lift doors opened.

Zex found Beja in mid conversation with Cat.  She hated interrupting people when they were talking, but time was not on her side.  "Sorry to interrupt.  Lieutenant, I need to speak to you privately right away, please" she said by way of announcing herself.

Cat waved as Zex approached and then flourished her hands at Beja as if to shoo her away. "Go!  We will work our magic on this, don't fret.  Come back in 4 hours for a final inspection to make sure you think everything will be to their liking".

Cat then turned and walked into the room to stare at the empty space and equipment laying about.  "œEmily!  No drinks!  I'm not having any mess in here"

Never turn your back on a species with tusks, teeth or claws sharper than your own wit.

Rayek trLhoell

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on November 12, 2020, 10:57:32 AM

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

Unbelievable, incredible happiness what was Tess felt right now, a happiness she had never experienced before. It was like being on a high, her system without a doubt flooded by happiness hormones. She beamed up at Rayek. With that undescribable joy she also felt an as yet unknown sense of pride. Their son was the most beautiful child she had ever seen. And even if it might seem odd or sound archaic, she was also proud that she had been able to give a child to her husband. She knew how much Rayek had wanted a family. Now they had started their own little one.

At Rayek's comment, Tess chuckled while another tear of joy was rolling down her cheeks. "He is", she agreed quietly, her eyes glued to the little miracle lying on her chest. Those tiny hands ... and even tinier fingernails. The cutest pointy ears and the faint V on his forehead. At this point Tess had totally forgotten about the others who were gathered at the other side of the privacy screen but was consumed by taking in every little detail of her child. "This is your daddy, see?", Tess smiled and glanced to Rayek with a smile, although of course the baby had his eyes closed still at this point and couldn't see.

Tess looked to Jayce and Dennix. "Thank you so much."

"You did all the work", the Denobulan grinned, "and you did excellently. The room will remain unoccupied for the rest of the day, so you have enough time to settle down and get to know your little one. Make sure to breastfeed your boy within the next one or two hours for the first time. Natural instincts are that the child will move to the breast on its own accord to feed." Dennix smiled once more.

"The waiting area is full of people waiting for the news. Do you want them to be notified by someone specific? Though I do advise for at least two or three hours of rest for your and the baby."

"The more important question is: what's his name gonna be?!", Jayce asked curiously. Both Rayek and Tess had been avoiding any questions regarding the name. They said they wanted to wait until the baby was actually born to decide how they would name it, but they hadn't even spilled any of the possible options.

Tess' smile faltered briefly as she recalled the names they had been considering. They had agreed on giving him a Romulan name and also going for Romulan naming tradition which meant the place of birth - Katra - would be part of his official name.

"We've been going for the sound of the name but even more so for its meaning. Ssaed "" choice, will, desire, Fvienn - power, force, strength, Dathe "" honor, Khellian "" hunter, Kinaen "" oath and Lhael - air." Although it was Romulan, Tess pronounced the names flawlessly. She had been saying them out loud to herself to practice them over and over again over the past months. "Ssaed and Kinaen have been our favorites, but ...?" She glanced to her husband with a smile. "I now feel another one would be more fitting?"

Rayek smiled and bent nearer to gaze at his newborn son as Tess introduced him.  "I-jol au, aihsa a'rhea." (*translation:  I love you, young dear-heart) he murmured towards the precious life that Tess had given him to cherish and protect.

He turned to his wife and kissed her damp brow tenderly, before following her example and nodding his thanks towards both Dennix and Ensign Fuller.  "Yes, thank you."  Later he would also need to thank Keshara, who he could hear across the screen being tended to by Dr. Kumar, for providing the loophole through which his son could be deemed a citizen of Meridian, protecting him from any unfounded claims on the child by the Romulan government.   Despite his firm direction that the baby was NOT to be announced to the new Romulan government at the H'dl Aefvadh Rayek was leery of someone not abiding by his and Tess' wishes.

When Dennix mentioned the waiting room full of people, Rayek chuckled.  "I'll go speak to them shortly." he offered.

"That would be perfect. Perhaps you can do so with the baby when Tess has to deal with the afterbirth? It shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes.  Then it's back here for both Momma and baby to rest." the doctor suggested.   Rayek looked to Tess questioningly.  He would stay for that as well if she preferred.  The others could continue to wait.

At Dr. Fuller's question about the baby's name, Rayek looked to Tess as she somewhat answered.   It wasn't surprising that Tess had changed her mind about her preferred name.. that was the whole point of not deciding until the actual birth.  He noticed her looking to him to get his impression.  Honestly he would be happy with whatever name Tess picked, but if she were looking for his suggestion...

He turned his gaze to his son, who came into their lives so unexpectedly, whose presence Rayek knew was going to turn his whole-world upside down.  "If you seek my suggestion, e'lev.. it would be for Fvienn.  But that could be just a father's boastful pride."

Not long after Ensign Fuller indicated it was time for him to take the baby and leave Tess to 'finish up'.   Reluctantly he did so, gently accepting the baby from Tess' hold.  His first time holding his son!  It was a euphoric moment for the Romulan.  He leaned down and kissed his wife tenderly.  "I'll just be in the waiting room if you need me, e'lev."

He then stepped around the privacy screen.   Keshara and Dr. Kumar had left the delivery room at some point, but Rayek had been too unaware to notice.  He then stepped through the doors holding his son, smilingly presenting him to the world.

NPC Ensign Nadia Oloze                NPC Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Khan
[USS Healy - Deck One - Bridge]

Quote from: Solluk on November 11, 2020, 01:38:39 AM

USS Healy - Bridge

On the Operations and Science consoles of the Healy, the Long-Range sensors would show the same thing the Long-Range sensors of Katra station showed:  An unidentified high-speed contact approximately 5 light-years away.   It was a small craft, only a bit larger than a runabout.  It was moving directly towards the station, advancing at a speed of Warp 9.99.

It was Nadia who took note of the contact first, Saqa7 being somewhat distracted in her thoughts wondering how Tess was.

"Captain Ferris, sir." she called out to gain the officers attention. "We've got an unidentified contact approaching the system at high-warp."

She glanced to her console and ran the calculations.  "Currently, it is 5 light-years away and approaching at Warp 9.99  -  they'll arrive in approximately 5 hours, sir." There was a slight questioning tone to her statement.  Not so much regarding the details of what she spoke.. but there was an underlying question of what was he - the ships Captain - going to do.  Would he wait for orders from the Station? Or proceed on his own?

Eli as a flight officer was familiar to Nadia... but as the commanding officer of the ship... Nadia didn't know what to expect.  Add onto that a completely unfamiliar XO who wore a Klingon sash as part of his uniform... at a time when a Klingon battle cruiser had not long ago arrived.  Nadia had good reason to be uncertain and nervous.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kirok

"Thank you" Zex said to Cat.  "Again, sorry.  But it's important" the Deltan said.

She waited for her and Beja to be alone.  Still figuring out what exactly to say to Beja.  What Eydis had proposed was way outside Star Fleet regulation.

So the operation would have to be off the books.  Something that Zex felt comfortable with given the situation.  She just didn't know how Beja would react.

Typically Zex would simply deliver the information in honestly.  It was the Deltan way.   But somehow she felt that this information needed to be delivered with a bit of creativity.

Zex tapped her lip with the index finger of her left hand.  She quickly realized what she was doing and stopped.  'Was that what they call a tell?' she wondered silently to herself as she forced both arms down to her side.

Not used to being anything other than completely honest and transparent it was quite possible that she did have a tell.  Now she just hoped that Beja hadn't noticed.  This was going to be harder than she thought.

"Ma'ma, I've just come from meeting with Eydis.   Shi will help defend that station if needed.  I believe that shi will remain, ah, neutral at the upcoming meeting" the Deltan said.

She swallowed hard and continued.  "But a possibility presented itself.  One that may shift things.  Dramatically"

Zex looked up.  Then bit her lip.  Finally the words came out.

"Hypothetically speaking what would happen if the Klingon ship Eydis returned with was stolen from the Tholian's?  By pirates, perhaps?  Hypothetically, of course, before the meeting?" she leaned in slightly and whispered to Beja.

Zex's neck was suddenly hot.  Or sweating.  It felt like a rash was forming.

She stretched her neck to reduce the discomfort.   But that didn't work.  Finally she lifted her right hand and scratched at it, before returning it to it former position.

But then another hot spot formed.  More sweat.  Subterfuge simply was not her thing.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Beja

4 hours?!?!?

Surely, the older human engineer had misspoken. Beja waited with bated breath, waiting for Cat to tell her the actual time it would be required.

None came.

4 actual hours!???!

Beja knew that it was not exactly professional and part of the Starfleet protocol but sometimes kindness needed to be recognized in non Starfleet methods. Quickly, Beja reached out and hugged Cat as tight as she could. Beja smiled brightly and widely over to Goodspeed, "œIt is true what they say about you Goodspeed. You are a true angel. Please let me know if something comes up and the 4 hours cannot be made. I will be at your disposal if you need anything. Please do not hesitate to call me!"

Beja made a mental note to find something nice to do to thank Cat properly. Maybe a nice treat for the pets that the engineer liked to show off to the station? Beja would need to think about it, but now wasn't the time. There was so much work to be done in order to pull off this delicate diplomatic meeting between the Tholians and the Klingon Empire.

Before Beja could work out the next steps Zex arrived. Beja smiled over at the Deltan, and gave Cat the room to do the miraculous engineering feats. Beja moved away with Zex, as whatever the Deltan wanted to talk about or report appeared to be more private in nature.

Beja listened quietly as Zex went over how the Tholians wanted to remain neutral, which was not at all surprising to Beja. It was a delicate balance that would keep everyone on their toes as the humans liked to say. What was surprising though was the "œhypothetical" scenario that Zex brought up.

Well, I don't think we will need to worry about such hypothetical situations. It would be impossible for any "œpirates" to steal a ship that is docked in a Starfleet Station, with a battleship of Klingons around too," Beja quietly responded to Zex. "œI am very much looking forward to the Tholian's ceremony and I am sure that it will help to solidify their neutral goals. The Lod Qan was in Imperial service at the time of its actions, so by gifting this captured ship to the Empire, they will honor that gesture."

I am sure if the Tholians wish to more personally honor the assistance that was given to them by Ambassador Kol and the Klingon crew of the Lod Qan in their crystalline search, a method can be found to do that as well," Beja smiled over at Zex, knowing that the Deltan was put in an awkward situation. "œThe Tholians are not limited to a single gesture. If they honor both parties, they show a preference for neither."

It was difficult when a person wanted to be both a diplomat and friend to the people of the different embassies. Never easy when there were competing needs and goals for the diplomatic and friendship side of things.

Hrafn Falleg

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on November 12, 2020, 10:57:32 AM

[Katra Station - Deck 22 - CMO's office] (October 21st, 4 days after the birth)

Tess carried the little baby Lhoell in a baby sling. Big blue eyes that were a vivid blue like Tess' eyes were, were looking curiously at what mommy was doing. She didn't return to duty yet, nor would she for the next weeks. But she wanted to be kept in the loop if she could help it. So she packed a few of the PADDs in a bag she had with her.

Hearing the knock at the door Tess turned around and smiled at Hrafn. "Oh! Yes, I've heard you're visiting your husband. I'm glad you dropped by, I might have not gotten around to do say goodbye before you left. I'm happy for you that you get to visit Nevir." When she spoke of her son Tess beamed widely at the little one in the baby sling, his head resting against her chest and then she nodded at Hrafn. "Thank you so much." She squeezed her hand in thanks. "Do you have everything packed already? Will you take your kids with you?" She figured it would be a perfect opportunity for the children to see their dad.

[Katra Station - Deck 22 - CMO's office] (October 21st)

"I didn't want to go without saying bye, at least to you, and hoped to have a peek at your little bundle of joy.  He's gorgeous, Tess!" Hrafn breathed.

"I'll have to be careful or I'll get broody again and even though I'm visiting Nevir, I think we'll avoid any more!  Won't stop me spoiling this one.." she offered a finger to the baby to see if he would catch and hold it, like he had already got hold of Hrafn's heart just with his eyes.

"Mentioning which I come bearing gifts... from the kids for you..."

The redhead popped a basket onto the desk.

"They say that the chocolate cigars are for Uncle Rayek, and the teddy is for baby.  I've had a large supply of diapers, and all the gubbins for the most pleasant of tasks..."

Hrafn chuckled after pulling a face and pointedly looking at the adorable bundle's butt, he wasn't smelly at that point but it was something all parents had to face at some point!

"...and a nice bunch of flowers, to your quarters, I've asked them to check with you as to when to deliver, explaining about baby sleep times and all that.  Thankfully the proprietor is a new Dad himself and with heavy eyelids he did mutter something about 'Oh yeah... totally appreciate that one' through a yawn,..." she chuckled.

"And some alcohol for you and Rayek for when you can unwind and relax.  I made a gift for baby but so often the parents get left out!  I know they've got the baby but you've got 18 years or so of hard work! Not to mention the pregnancy before hand! I've left a gift and card for Dr. Yona, it's his birthday on 9th November and arranged for cakes - cupcakes, cream cakes to be delivered from the French bakery for him and the staff.  However, I have asked Henri the proprietor to check with you, or whomever is in charge and on duty on the day, or next in command if that happens to be Ta-Li himself, to ask exactly where to put them since I don't want to tread on your toes or get them in trouble." the CSO said with a smile.

"I figured he deserved them after giving me my new knee..." she flexed the said joint experimentally.  "So far seems to be fine, I'll update after a week to DS9 then a further week to the Discovery!" she chuckled.

"And yes, I'm taking the kids, they haven't seen their Dad in a long while... and when they did it was a rather traumatic time.  Well, I have to get on and finish packing, and unpacking... the twins seem to want to take every toy they possess!" she chuckled.  "You've got it all to come to, hopefully this little man will give you nothing but joy!  Be happy Tess, congratulations and..."

Hrafn moved round so she could get to the side of Tess so not to squish the baby too much but to gently include him in the hug.  She squeezed Tess gently and lent her head briefly on the CMOs shoulder.

"I won't lie, I'm gonna miss this place but more particularly the people.  And yes, you too little man, but your Mommy and Daddy need to get to know you more before Auntie Hrafn steals you away for lovings and her miscreants want to play with you!" she chuckled and bent to kiss the forehead of the baby.

"Do you have a name for him yet?

"Yes, the spots DO go all the way down.  No, you don't get to see!"

Catherine Goodspeed

They were now coming to the end of the first hour of the refit and Cat was studying the PADD whilst moving herself out of the way as the replicated stone flooring was being laid.

Cat now stood in a corner of the room and triple checked her PADD.  She'd spent a majority of the time checking the co-ordinates of the other Embassy's fixtures and fittings to make sure she had the exact replica.

She smiled slightly remembering the hug Beja had given her.  Everyone needed a hug now and then.

Cat had managed to pull in a total of 8 fresh bodies so the Embassy was filled with 11 starfleet personnel specialising from lighting, flooring and ceilings, electrics and just sheer muscles.  It was amazing what the promise of a free real meal and  booze at a restaurant of their choosing on the Promenade could do to motivate someone if they got everything done in the 4 hour timescale.

But even Cat was surprised at what a well oiled machine they all worked as, even in such a short time.

Fortunately the 4 hours timescale was doable because they had basically had everything they needed.

What Cat had been confronted with was a 'Do it yourself Klingon Embassy assembly kit'.

The plan was fit the tricky stuff first and get the basic layout of flooring, walls and ceilings in place for the rooms then use the transporter to beam all the fancy things and furniture into place.

It reminded Cat of those shows she watched with her Mother as a child where a group of designers would go planet to planet and descend upon some hapless home owner to "do over" a room or their house with occasional horrendous results.

Only this time hopefully the only crying to be had would be from joy, not horror. This was 'Embassy Force SOS'.

To assist the Security team with their sweep she'd had all the wall and ceiling panels beamed directly from their current position to a cargo bay storage unit with the assistance of precise co-ordinates provided by the tricorders each member of her team had been allocated.

Cat thank the stars for teleportation.  Something used so often and without thought was a marvel for this type of work.

Once the sweep had been done all cables were then insulted to protect from any additional humidity and heat that were bound to occur in the Embassy. Luckily no additional cabling had been needed so her trained cardassian voles Muffin and Nibbler were currently sound asleep in a Gagh pit in the corner after running a check on any micro fractures.

Work had then started on the ornate ceiling and banner placements.  They had worked from one end of the room to another to meet in the middle to maximise timings; the large metal chandeliers being moved using anti grav mats where they were fixed into place on the support beams running through the main area.

Cat always held her breathe when they were used as if holding her breathe would mean they wouldn't fail half way up.

She skipped over again as another stone floor tile was laid and sealed and bonded in place with the large UV lighting beam.  The glasses they all had to wear whilst this was carried out gave everything a rather lovely soft purple hue to the room.

Cat wandered over to inspect the wall paneling's again.  She sucked her teeth, put her hands on her hips and tutted to herself in true foreman style.  All she needed to complete the look was a flat cap and a rolled up cigarette behind her ear.

"Still not happy with them Chief?"  Gus had snuck up on her again as he always did and stared at the wall panel Cat was glaring at.

"The shades all wrong... It's too.. Light"   Cat handed the PADD to Gus.  "This is 'Gunmetal grey 0156', it should be "Gunmetal grey 0165'.  They've all got to be replaced.  Get hold of Peaches at the ship Yard, they've got large enough replicators for this job and can handle the ornate work.  Plus they know to get the colour right or I'll have their guts for garters."

Cat tilted her head and checked something on the PADD.  "Also send them the co-ordinates for each replacement panel... They can beam them straight into place. Oh!  And get them to tell us before they start beaming them so we can be clear from the walls?  I don't fancy becoming part of this place."

"Emily!  Go to the transporter room and get these useless things into the cargo bay we're using.  Sending you their co-ordinates."  Cat pressed the PADD and watched Emily scurry off like a greyhound after a hare.

Cat stared back at Gus. "Why are you still here?  Go, get it done man or no prime steak for you.. And I'll throw in a meal for your wife as well if we pull this off"

"Everyone! Free meal will now be extended to another person of your choice if we can do this! Partner, friend, someone you want to impress..someone who doesn't chew with their mouth open..."

Vezlan, the Denobulan raised her hand "Chief? Can I.."

Cat cut her off in mid sentence "One other person Vezlan." Cat held one finger up as a visual aid. "One other person only"

"But.. But how am I mean to pick from my 3..."

Again Cat cut her off.  As much as she liked Vezlan the Denobulan custom of taking several husbands and wives did cause some rota issues due to the sheer amount of birthdays and anniversaries that came up.

"I don't know?  Do a raffle??"

Vezlans eye's brightened "Great idea! Thanks Chief!"

Cat sighed and stared at her PADD again. She was pretty sure marriage guidance wasn't part of her job description.

Never turn your back on a species with tusks, teeth or claws sharper than your own wit.

L'mar Camili Rhade

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on November 12, 2020, 03:16:44 AM

NPC Ensign Darek tr'Hava
[USS Healy - Main Engineering]

"Your parents? That's rather special, I would imagine.  What brought them through the wormhole and all this way?  Are you celebrating some cultural milestone?"

"Any special drills or maintenance you want run while the ship is on patrol?"

[ Ensign L'mar Rhade ] | [ USS Healy - Main Engineering ]

Nosy Romulans, Rhade mused, though far less then humans and some other species that were part of the Federation. He was done at the Master Systems Display and nodded towards the systems table in the middle of the room as he answered. "No I am not celebrrrating anything." L'mar said, "my parrrents were parrrt of a culturrral exchange with the Dominion, orrr maybe jussst some of the Dominion memberrrsss. They "˜killed two birrrdsss with one ssstone', asss my fatherrr putsss it, and got to visssit me at the sssame time."

His tail flicked a little sharper as he was focusing on the feeling of the desynchronisation. It seemed to be getting a tad worse, only a little. Maybe it was his proximity to the warp core that the two sensations were conflicting. That's when Darek asked about drills or maintenance, Rhade thought of Lieutenant Goodspeed. "I have sssomething I want to check out. Did Lieutenant Goodssspeed leave any inssstrrructionsss or a ssschedule behind to go by?" L'mar asked.

Solluk

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

Captain's Log, Supplemental

The meeting between the Tholian ambassador and the new Klingon ambassador is only hours away.

The Tholians have brought a captured Klingon Cruiser, with the intent to present it to the Klingons who helped them on the recent Crystalline Entity mission.  However, while the Tholian ambassador was away, there was a shift in Klingon society.   Millions of defectors created a new Republic in the Gamma Quadrant, including the former crew of the Lod Qan.  The Klingon Empire is furious about this.  And now the Tholians are in the difficult position of presenting their gift to an Empire that has become the enemy of the people they wished to honor.

Catherine Goodspeed and Lieutenant Beja have been diligently collaborating on preparing the new Embassy space in time for the encounter.  I believe the Tholians have approached Ensign Zex with some kind of unorthodox plan to resolve the political awkwardness, but I am leaving the details for my diplomatic officers to work out.

However, a new wrinkle has just manifested itself.   A vessel of unknown design- a little bit larger than a runabout- has been detected on long-range sensors.  It is currently just 2.5 light years away and is approaching the Trialus system at Warp 9.99.   An impressive speed for any craft, never mind one so small.  This suggests to me that we are about to have a new encounter with a technologically sophisticated species.  A First Contact could not come at a worse time, given the current preoccupation of my diplomatic officers.

I have ordered the Healy to intercept and greet this craft before it arrives in order to ascertain their intentions.   I am glad to have Lieutenant Wessex here in the OCC to aid me.  He has participated in several underwater First Contact encounters with sentient aquatic life-forms during his career.  It is always comforting to have an officer on hand who understands both diplomatic and security needs.

And finally, good news from the medbay.  My First Officer and Second Officer have shepherded a new baby boy into the universe.  Due to some quirk of Meridian law, it seems the child will have the option of Meridian citizenship.  I can't say I fully understand it, but it has something to do with medical spaces where Meridians receive treatment being considered Meridian sovereign territory with rights to occupy.  Councilperson Keshara was involved, and I think it may have been some ploy to stick it to her political rival, President Tarin.  Personally, I don't care what games the Meridians are playing at.  I think my two most senior officers intend to make a home on Meridian, and the fact that their child will receive citizenship is doubtless a boon to them.

Now, we watch and await the arrival of events.  The next few hours will be... interesting.

End Log.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Don Damien Addams

[USS Katra]

"œPrepare coordinates to meet the incoming ship in the Meridian in the Trialus system..Warp 6 Helm," Kal ordered. He had ordered cause Ferris seemed to be quiet. Figure this was a test. If not. Court Martial will be fine.

Go above Warp 6 would be like a rushing warrior going into combat. They would not want to give them the first impression.

"œEngage!" He said. That felt good.

"œOps continue scanning for anything," he added.

"œHelm we stay on our side of the system," he added. Sigh. He had almost forgot that.

Tess tLhoell

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on November 12, 2020, 02:39:43 PM

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell

Rayek smiled and bent nearer to gaze at his newborn son as Tess introduced him.  "I-jol au, aihsa a'rhea." (*translation:  I love you, young dear-heart) he murmured towards the precious life that Tess had given him to cherish and protect.

He turned to his wife and kissed her damp brow tenderly, before following her example and nodding his thanks towards both Dennix and Ensign Fuller.  "Yes, thank you."  Later he would also need to thank Keshara, who he could hear across the screen being tended to by Dr. Kumar, for providing the loophole through which his son could be deemed a citizen of Meridian, protecting him from any unfounded claims on the child by the Romulan government.   Despite his firm direction that the baby was NOT to be announced to the new Romulan government at the H'dl Aefvadh Rayek was leery of someone not abiding by his and Tess' wishes.

When Dennix mentioned the waiting room full of people, Rayek chuckled.  "I'll go speak to them shortly." he offered.

"That would be perfect. Perhaps you can do so with the baby when Tess has to deal with the afterbirth? It shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes.  Then it's back here for both Momma and baby to rest." the doctor suggested.   Rayek looked to Tess questioningly.  He would stay for that as well if she preferred.  The others could continue to wait.

At Dr. Fuller's question about the baby's name, Rayek looked to Tess as she somewhat answered.   It wasn't surprising that Tess had changed her mind about her preferred name.. that was the whole point of not deciding until the actual birth.  He noticed her looking to him to get his impression.  Honestly he would be happy with whatever name Tess picked, but if she were looking for his suggestion...

He turned his gaze to his son, who came into their lives so unexpectedly, whose presence Rayek knew was going to turn his whole-world upside down.  "If you seek my suggestion, e'lev.. it would be for Fvienn.  But that could be just a father's boastful pride."

Not long after Ensign Fuller indicated it was time for him to take the baby and leave Tess to 'finish up'.   Reluctantly he did so, gently accepting the baby from Tess' hold.  His first time holding his son!  It was a euphoric moment for the Romulan.  He leaned down and kissed his wife tenderly.  "I'll just be in the waiting room if you need me, e'lev."

He then stepped around the privacy screen.   Keshara and Dr. Kumar had left the delivery room at some point, but Rayek had been too unaware to notice.  He then stepped through the doors holding his son, smilingly presenting him to the world.

When Jayce suggested that Rayek took the baby away from her - even for something like 10 minutes - it felt unbearable to be separated from her baby. But she didn't want to deny to Rayek the joy of showing off his son to the others that were waiting outside. She'd have time to see their happy faces later.

"Yes, go ahead. I'll be fine", Tess said and watched as Rayek gently took their little son from her, her eyes glued to the small bundle.

She was very curious if Rayek would think the same as her for the name and her smile widened when indeed, he thought the same like her. "I agree. Fvienn it shall be." Tess kissed Rayek back and nodded beore she would watch him leave while she stayed to bring the birth to an end.

NPC Rahul Skuyanhjin/NPC Tamonar Skuyanhjin/NPC Lt. Fabiano Moreno (Science)

[Katra Station - Deck 22 - LDU Waiting area] (October 17th)

Apart from the news that his daughter had gone into labor, Fabiano had also discovered that even Rahul and Tamonar had come to Katra for the occasion of the birth of their nephew. It had left the man who usually never was lost for words, quite speechless. Fabiano would not in his wildest dreams have thought it possible that Rahul would ever leave Ba'ku. Their relationship had temporarily improved when they had been on Ba'ku for Rayek's and Tess' wedding, but it had gone downhill again after Tamonar had - in not the best moment and way - revealed to Tess, Rahul and Benjin that he was indeed their brother.

That relationship had not improved again even as they left Ba'ku again. To see him here now had Fabiano bring his hopes up that they might develop a good relationship in the end. After some tense moments at the beginning the ice broke quickly for despite the tension Fabiano genuinely was happy to see both Rahul and Tamonar. Although it was noticable for Fabiano that Rahul seemed to be a little overwhelmed, for which the Italian couldn't blame him.
Not long after they had arrived, a group of Romulan women joined them. Fabiano recognized Phara t'Movel. The woman and Tess had become quite close over the past months. He recalled that they wanted to do some kind of Romulan 'baby-welcome' ceremony but he didn't know the details. However, the Romulan women rather kept to themselves, which Fabiano assumed was only normal for them. Romulans didn't really show a natural interest in connecting with others unless it served some purpose for them.

When the minutes turned to hours - which was to be expected - Fabiano had suggested to get something to drink and even eat for them if the 'boys' were hungry. During that Fabiano heard the story of how they arrived at Katra, surprised Tess and probably even caused her to go into labor. Fabiano tried to alleviate Rahul's concerns that they might have done harm to Tess or the baby.

The group had noted with surprise when first Ensign Kumar and then a woman - which Fabiano recognized as the Meridian councilwoman Keshara - with Lt. Wessex in tow entered the room in which Tess was. Tamonar had asked concerned if something was wrong but Fabiano knew as much as they did. Shortly after that, Lt. Wessex had exited the room by himself again and Fabiano had taken the opportunity to ask the man if something was wrong.

After they had been somewhat assured that there was nothing to worry about, it was not long after that when the doors opened once more and Keshara and Ensign Kumar emerged from the room. Fabiano stood up and looked at the doctor curious, suspecting he might have helped Tess with the child birth. Kumar was grinning widely and didn't really want to spit it out, then the doors opened once more and Fabiano's eyes went wide at seeing the small bundle in Rayek's arms.

"Mamma mia", he breathed with a stunned smile and it didn't take long for Rahul's and Tamonar's attention to be directed at Rayek too. "This was quick!" He had expected to wait at least three times as long. "Was it a normal birth or did the tech help? Is Tess alright?" Though he doubted Rayek would leave her side if she wasn't okay. He then stepped closer, flanked by Rahul and Tamonar to take a look at the minutes-old baby. A thin layer of dark hair covered the little head.

Rahul smiled widely for the first time in a month. "What's his name?", he asked, his eyes glued to the little boy. "He's got Tess' nose!"

Tamonar seemed to hold himself back a little. He just looked at the newborn baby with a small fond smile.

NPC Cadet Benjin Moreno (Flight)
[USS Healy - Bridge] (October 17th)

The past couple of hours Benjin had been on pins and needles. News of his sister having gone into labor had reached him just as they had boarded the Healy to go on patrol. Now he eagerly waited for news on how things were going.

In the meantime they had detected a vessel approaching the Trialus system. They seem to have  found what they had been looking for.

Quote from: Kal on November 13, 2020, 05:34:02 PM

[USS Katra]

"œPrepare coordinates to meet the incoming ship in the Meridian in the Trialus system..Warp 6 Helm," Kal ordered. He had ordered cause Ferris seemed to be quiet. Figure this was a test. If not. Court Martial will be fine.

Go above Warp 6 would be like a rushing warrior going into combat. They would not want to give them the first impression.

"œEngage!" He said. That felt good.

"œOps continue scanning for anything," he added.

At Kal's order, Benjin nodded and plotted an interception course by calculating the route the incoming ship seemed to have so the Healy would meet them on that route. "Interception course plotted, sir. Approaching at warp six", Benjin reported.

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

Quote from: Hrafn Falleg on November 13, 2020, 06:56:27 AM

"I didn't want to go without saying bye, at least to you, and hoped to have a peek at your little bundle of joy.  He's gorgeous, Tess!" Hrafn breathed.

"I'll have to be careful or I'll get broody again and even though I'm visiting Nevir, I think we'll avoid any more!  Won't stop me spoiling this one.." she offered a finger to the baby to see if he would catch and hold it, like he had already got hold of Hrafn's heart just with his eyes.

"Mentioning which I come bearing gifts... from the kids for you..."

The redhead popped a basket onto the desk.

"They say that the chocolate cigars are for Uncle Rayek, and the teddy is for baby.  I've had a large supply of diapers, and all the gubbins for the most pleasant of tasks..."

Hrafn chuckled after pulling a face and pointedly looking at the adorable bundle's butt, he wasn't smelly at that point but it was something all parents had to face at some point!

"...and a nice bunch of flowers, to your quarters, I've asked them to check with you as to when to deliver, explaining about baby sleep times and all that.  Thankfully the proprietor is a new Dad himself and with heavy eyelids he did mutter something about 'Oh yeah... totally appreciate that one' through a yawn,..." she chuckled.

"And some alcohol for you and Rayek for when you can unwind and relax.  I made a gift for baby but so often the parents get left out!  I know they've got the baby but you've got 18 years or so of hard work! Not to mention the pregnancy before hand! I've left a gift and card for Dr. Yona, it's his birthday on 9th November and arranged for cakes - cupcakes, cream cakes to be delivered from the French bakery for him and the staff.  However, I have asked Henri the proprietor to check with you, or whomever is in charge and on duty on the day, or next in command if that happens to be Ta-Li himself, to ask exactly where to put them since I don't want to tread on your toes or get them in trouble." the CSO said with a smile.

"I figured he deserved them after giving me my new knee..." she flexed the said joint experimentally.  "So far seems to be fine, I'll update after a week to DS9 then a further week to the Discovery!" she chuckled.

"And yes, I'm taking the kids, they haven't seen their Dad in a long while... and when they did it was a rather traumatic time.  Well, I have to get on and finish packing, and unpacking... the twins seem to want to take every toy they possess!" she chuckled.  "You've got it all to come to, hopefully this little man will give you nothing but joy!  Be happy Tess, congratulations and..."

Hrafn moved round so she could get to the side of Tess so not to squish the baby too much but to gently include him in the hug.  She squeezed Tess gently and lent her head briefly on the CMOs shoulder.

"I won't lie, I'm gonna miss this place but more particularly the people.  And yes, you too little man, but your Mommy and Daddy need to get to know you more before Auntie Hrafn steals you away for lovings and her miscreants want to play with you!" she chuckled and bent to kiss the forehead of the baby.

"Do you have a name for him yet?

When Hrafn complimented her child, saying that he was gorgeous, Tess couldn't help but grin proudly. "Thank you for saying so." She watched interested when Hrafn offered her finger to the baby - and sure enough, the tiny hand opened and the small fingeres curled around her big one.

Hrafn then announced gifts for them and Tess' face lighted up. "Oh that's so sweet of you!" She took the basket from Hrafn and looked at it, trying to figure out all the items that were in there. "Thank you so much! I'm gonna open it with Rayek later." She listened as Hrafn explained what item was for who and Tess chuckled when she said she's got some alcohol for them. "That is really something I have missed. We have a bottle or two of sunerry wine from our wedding in our quarters that are untouched as yet", she giggled.

When she told her of Ta Li Yo-Na's birthday and the things she had prepared, Tess smiled. "Oh, of course, that is not a problem. I'll be the last to spoil that. And I'm glad your knee is fine now. He did an excellent job."

The mentioning of the last time the Falleg children had seen their father and descibing it as a traumatic time, Tess could only agree. The Dosi attack had been traumatic for her, too. She still often thought of Len'Ar. Shaking off the grim thoughts Tess focused on Hrafn again - who was moving and about to hug her. Smiling, Tess leaned into the hug and curled her free arm, where the baby would not be in the way, around Hrafn's side. "Thank you. And you travel safely!"

Rubbing the baby's back gently while Hrafn spoke to him Tess looked up when she asked for his name. "Yes, we named him Fvienn." It was prononced similiar to 'Vienna', just with a sharper 'v' sound at the beginning or rather a mixture of 'f' and 'v' and without the 'ah' at the end. "It's Romulan and means 'strength' or 'force'. Since that was kinda what the birth was like." She chuckled.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Kirok

Zex frowned.   She did not get the response that she wanted.  To make it worse, her neck had basically broken out in hives.

The rash was so bad that she would have to go have it checked out in sickbay.  But for now, she had to determine how to proceed with Beja.  So she took a small breath and tried a different approach.

"As I understand it, Eydis no longer wishes to give the Klingon vessel to the Klingon Empire.  Shi wants it to go the crew of the Lod Qan.  So shi is looking for a creative and plausible way to get out of giving the ship to the Klingon Empire" the Deltan said plainly, but again quietly.

"One possibility is that the ship could be stolen away from the Tholians" Zex added.  She took a moment to breath and to think.  "Unless there is another plausible way shi can get out to giving the ship to the Empire.  Without simply refusing to honor her promise to do so" the Deltan said.

For some reason the itchiness of her neck decreased dramatically.  The heat dissipated.  It felt so mush better being totally honest.

"I was attempting to shield you from any fallout by offering you plausible deniability with the hypotheticals before.  That said, I honestly can not predict what Eydis will do in the meeting if that ship is still in hir possession.  I just don't know" the Deltan added.

"I just know that this is a critical juncture.  And I'm tying to properly express just how important our actions are at this time.  I hope you don't think comment as being disrespectful in any way.  I'm simply trying to be honest with you" Zex finished.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Solluk

USS Healy - On intercept course for unknown sensor contact

Ensign Nadia Oloze examined the most recent sensor scan of their unknown quarry.  Some more specific details were beginning to emerge.  Previously, they'd been able to identify it as being slightly larger than a runabout.  Now they had exact dimensions, thanks to a strong sensor return.  The ship's high speed was also producing a large amount of FTL particle dispersion.  Thanks to that, they had some remarkably detailed long-range sensor imagery.  They could see its shape fairly clearly, now.

Unfortunately, the ship still matched nothing on file.  It was entirely alien to the Federation.

"Sirs, we now have exact dimensions for the unknown vessel.  Twenty-four meters tall, nine meters across.  I believe I can make out two small nacelles on its starboard side, and either a cockpit or sensor dome on its port side.  Science may be able to conduct a better analysis.

At the current distance, it would take just under seven minutes for them to receive any transmission we send them, and thirteen minutes for any response to reach us, should we choose to open a dialogue.  But the distance between us is closing quickly.  In less than two hours, it should be possible to speak to them with only a brief delay on subspace.  Not quite instant, but with a tolerable delay for carrying on a conversation should we choose to do so."

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Solluk on November 13, 2020, 07:11:51 PM

USS Healy - On intercept course for unknown sensor contact

Ensign Nadia Oloze examined the most recent sensor scan of their unknown quarry.  Some more specific details were beginning to emerge.  Previously, they'd been able to identify it as being slightly larger than a runabout.  Now they had exact dimensions, thanks to a strong sensor return.  The ship's high speed was also producing a large amount of FTL particle dispersion.  Thanks to that, they had some remarkably detailed long-range sensor imagery.  They could see its shape fairly clearly, now.

Unfortunately, the ship still matched nothing on file.  It was entirely alien to the Federation.

"Sirs, we now have exact dimensions for the unknown vessel.  Twenty-four meters tall, nine meters across.  I believe I can make out two small nacelles on its starboard side, and either a cockpit or sensor dome on its port side.  Science may be able to conduct a better analysis.

At the current distance, it would take just under seven minutes for them to receive any transmission we send them, and thirteen minutes for any response to reach us, should we choose to open a dialogue.  But the distance between us is closing quickly.  In less than two hours, it should be possible to speak to them with only a brief delay on subspace.  Not quite instant, but with a tolerable delay for carrying on a conversation should we choose to do so."

[USS Healy]

"œWe are not planning to surprise them. We can send a greeting. Then we see how they would react. They could be more advance then us by sending a message fast. If they were not. Then we can go at it again," he shared.

"œWe are not sure they have sensors like us. So ops send a greeting from us," he ordered. This duty was like no other. It was to serve Starfleet. After all it was a short term mission. Short term promotion. It would be nice to share this to his human parents. They would be happy for him. Proud too.

Of course this was all under Ellis observation which seem to fine cause he would object or someone would possible speak up and share there thoughts.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.