Farewell to Love and Hello Business [CLOSED to: Grix, Lt. Com/Doc Brighton]

Started by Susan Markington, November 01, 2018, 03:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Markington

[Starfleet Academy Flight Deck]
After being hit with acid and undergoing surgery, Susan was still upset that she had lost her eyesight. Damn acid...when or if I ever see that jackwagon who did this to me...I'll hurt him so bad... she thought as she held onto Christian's right arm as they left the transport shuttle onto the Starfleet Academy loading docks. She knew they were back on Earth and she was excited to finally open her eyes to see if anything had changed.

She reached up to undo her bandages when she felt a hand touch hers. "Can I take this off yet Grixy? I want to look around." she said as she fumbled with the ace bandage. She heard a few Cadets whispering about her bandages as they passed by. Who is that? Is she going to be okay? a female Cadet said as she whispered to her friends and pointed at Susan.

Susan clenched her right hand into a fist and took a deep breath as she heard the friend whisper back, "Isn't that Sassy Sue? She was top of her class in Security and Tactical. Her brother just became a Marshall for Starfleet." Susan smiled as she recognized the voice as her classmate, Cadet Valera. She then continued to listened to the conversation before saying, "Hey Cadet Valera. Weren't you in my class? Good luck with your assigned ship. Don't worry guys. I'll be fine."

As Valera and her friend listened to Susan they stopped and listened to her. "Ma'am. We're headed for the Shran. Do you know where it's at?" Valera asked. Susan shook her head no before saying, "Negative on that, but I do know someone who works on the Shran. Cadet Valera, I'd like you to meet Ensign Grix. I'm sure if you asked nicely he could point you in the right direction."

Christian Grix

Everything had gone smoothly and even Susan had behaved and not tried to remove her bandages too often. But as soon as they were clear of the shuttle she asked once more and Christian really could not say no to her "We can for a while but if you have any pain i will replace them". He replied and reached up to start removing them.

He could tell Susan was listening to what was being said as she kept moving her head around as she did, when she called out to Valera, he gave up trying to remove the bandages and waited.

"Negative on that, but I do know someone who works on the Shran. Cadet Valera, I'd like you to meet Ensign Grix. I'm sure if you asked nicely he could point you in the right direction." Again she introduced him by his rank which always made him smile "The Shran is in Spacedock" he pointed upwards in a totally unneeded gesture ""But they are using Shuttlepad 3 from the orders I have Cadet" He answered before turning back to Susan.

He reached up again and unfastened the bandages, the doctor had done an amazing job rebuilding her face, he knew though that she wouldn't believe it until she saw for herself. Leaning forward he gently kissed her on the lips and whispered  "Let's go find our quarters shall we?".

Katheryn Brighton

[Brighton Quarters - USS Athena]

With it being their last night in spacedock and after dealing with the incident involving her newest recruit Cadet Markington, Katheryn had returned to the quarters she shared with her husband and children. She hadn't wanted to spend too much time away from her family with them still being on shore leave, so had finished everything she needed to do intent on not letting work interrupt her off duty hours.

However as she stepped through the doors, the COS was alerted of an incoming report from Starbase 7 and glanced at the information. Not surprisingly it contained news of more trouble surrounding Markington and had honestly never had an officer like her before as it seemed that chaos and trouble were attracted to her. Another bar brawl followed by an attack which had led to her having surgery ..... she stopped reading and placed the PADD down after deciding that she could deal with it all tomorrow when Markington was due to report in.

It wasn't as if she didn't want to but thought it was a good idea to get a first hand account of exactly what went on. Of course she would also include a friendly chat about protocol and fleet rules as well as reminding her that all of this would have to go on her record not to mention informing both the Captain and her husband about the events that had happened.

She also had a feeling that she would need to keep a close eye on this particular cadet but for now she was happy to be home as she spoke to Al, their friend and childminder before scooping up Elise and Aleksander then sat on the sofa holding them.

Academy Commandant

Susan Markington

Quote from: Christian Grix on November 01, 2018, 07:45:38 AM

Everything had gone smoothly and even Susan had behaved and not tried to remove her bandages too often. But as soon as they were clear of the shuttle she asked once more and Christian really could not say no to her "We can for a while but if you have any pain i will replace them". He replied and reached up to start removing them.

He could tell Susan was listening to what was being said as she kept moving her head around as she did, when she called out to Valera, he gave up trying to remove the bandages and waited.

"Negative on that, but I do know someone who works on the Shran. Cadet Valera, I'd like you to meet Ensign Grix. I'm sure if you asked nicely he could point you in the right direction." Again she introduced him by his rank which always made him smile "The Shran is in Spacedock" he pointed upwards in a totally unneeded gesture ""But they are using Shuttlepad 3 from the orders I have Cadet" He answered before turning back to Susan.

He reached up again and unfastened the bandages, the doctor had done an amazing job rebuilding her face, he knew though that she wouldn't believe it until she saw for herself. Leaning forward he gently kissed her on the lips and whispered  "Let's go find our quarters shall we?".

[Starfleet Flight Deck]
Susan knew she was going to get reprimanded for what happened at Blue's. As the thought crossed her mind she leaned into Christian and said, "I want you to be with me for the reprimand from my boss. I don't think I can handle it after the acid attack and everything that happened." As she felt him kiss her, she relaxed a little bit. "Yeah, let's go to our room." she replied as she fumbled to remove the rest of the bandages. When she opened her eyes she saw Grix standing before her and she smiled. Nick stood nearby keeping an eye on Susan and Christian as students walked back and forth attempting to find their way around the Academy.

He started to walk towards Susan as she fumbled with her bandages and he took out a pocket knife. "Easy Susan. Do you want to see that bad? Relax." Nick said as he cut the bandage to relieve pressure. Susan sighed as she could feel the pressure release. "Thank-you. Now put whatever you used away before we all get in trouble." she hissed at him as she gave him a hug. "It feels good to open my eyes. The sun is a little bright, but I'm glad to at least see once again." Susan said as she shielded her eyes with her right hand.

Caleb Brighton

[ Brighton Quarters - USS Athena ]

Quote from: Katheryn Brighton on November 01, 2018, 11:43:02 AM

With it being their last night in spacedock and after dealing with the incident involving her newest recruit Cadet Markington, Katheryn had returned to the quarters she shared with her husband and children. She hadn't wanted to spend too much time away from her family with them still being on shore leave, so had finished everything she needed to do intent on not letting work interrupt her off duty hours.

However as she stepped through the doors, the COS was alerted of an incoming report from Starbase 7 and glanced at the information. Not surprisingly it contained news of more trouble surrounding Markington and had honestly never had an officer like her before as it seemed that chaos and trouble were attracted to her. Another bar brawl followed by an attack which had led to her having surgery ..... she stopped reading and placed the PADD down after deciding that she could deal with it all tomorrow when Markington was due to report in.

It wasn't as if she didn't want to but thought it was a good idea to get a first hand account of exactly what went on. Of course she would also include a friendly chat about protocol and fleet rules as well as reminding her that all of this would have to go on her record not to mention informing both the Captain and her husband about the events that had happened.

She also had a feeling that she would need to keep a close eye on this particular cadet but for now she was happy to be home as she spoke to Al, their friend and childminder before scooping up Elise and Aleksander then sat on the sofa holding them.

Caleb walked into the quarters he shared with his family and he smiled. Every time they were all together, it made his day better, he moved and kissed the top of his wife's head. "Hello there beautiful," he said. He saw that his kids were up and he smiled. He sat down next to his wife and asked to hold Elise. "I love what I do, but my favorite times are here with my family."

He looked down at his daughter and smiled before he kissed her forhead. He would hold his son equally as long, but it was just Elise who was closest. He moved her a bit in his arms, but not much. "There are never enough thank yous.... you are my everything my Kayla. You birthed our children...." He said. He was at a loss for words. He leaned over a kissed his wife and just smiled. He wanted to show she made him the happiest.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on November 02, 2018, 09:30:17 PM

[ Brighton Quarters - USS Athena ]

Caleb walked into the quarters he shared with his family and he smiled. Every time they were all together, it made his day better, he moved and kissed the top of his wife's head. "Hello there beautiful," he said. He saw that his kids were up and he smiled. He sat down next to his wife and asked to hold Elise. "I love what I do, but my favorite times are here with my family."

He looked down at his daughter and smiled before he kissed her forhead. He would hold his son equally as long, but it was just Elise who was closest. He moved her a bit in his arms, but not much. "There are never enough thank yous.... you are my everything my Kayla. You birthed our children...." He said. He was at a loss for words. He leaned over a kissed his wife and just smiled. He wanted to show she made him the happiest.

[Brighton Quarters - USS Athena]

Katheryn looked up as the doors opened and her husband walked in, smiling when he then kissed her on top of her head before sitting down next to her. " Hello my love " she replied as she then handed over Elise to him when he asked to hold their daughter. Agreeing with what he said next and decided that everything else could definitely wait so they could make the most of their family time.

" I know what you mean and I feel that way too, in fact there is something I need to share with you but that can wait until the morning " she said as she watched her husband with Elise. Now that she only had Aleksander, she snuggled him closer and sighed happily at being able to just do this without any further outside distractions.

When her husband then spoke those such lovely and affectionate words and kissed her, she responded to him before replying and smiled as she did.

" You are also my everything Cal and I love you ".

Academy Commandant

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.