A Different Beat (Susan & Christian)

Started by Christian Grix, October 17, 2018, 05:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian Grix

Starbase Alpha 7 - Edge of the Former Romulan Empire

The shift had been long and hard work, repairing the relays for the life support systems on the old station. He knew the plan was to use it as a store room for parts and supplies for missions in the area since the Romulan Empire was no more.

He needed a drink and a rest, so he was heading to the bar area known as "Blue's" which according to urban legend was in honor of Romulan Ale.

Blue's

As he entered the bar he saw a few people sat around but what he noticed first was what looked like a big old jukebox against the far wall.

After he showered he had changed into some blue jeans and a white long sleeved shirt, which he was now smoothing with his hands as he walked up to the bar "Bourbon and Cola please" he asked the he assumed Orion Girl behind the bar, well she was green so he guessed Orion.

Once the drink arrived he crossed over to the Jukebox and looked at the track list, He was happy to see it matched as most of the choices were late 20th and early 21st Century earth music.

He selected a few songs he liked and the music started playing as he slipped into a seat near the jukebox. The limited number of personnel on the station meant that he had already met a lot of them and worked with many of the Engineers and Security teams.

Susan Markington

[Blue's Bar]

Susan had just returned from a bar brawl that she had sent outside. "Next time, try not to puke all over me, you jackwagons!" she yelled as she walked over to the bar and ordered a water as she picked up a few napkins. After dipping the napkins into the water she touched a stain on her white blouse and watched as it did nothing. After a gentle scrub the stain was still there, only now it was worse than before. Well...guess I'm not picking up any guys tonight if I am forced to wear my Starfleet uniform... she thought as she walked to the bathroom and changed her top. She still had on her black slacks and cowboy boots. As she changed her stained white top into a green shortsleeve t-shirt she put on her red Security vest and looked in the mirror.

I look like a Christmas tree...no vest needed...I'm off duty and it's time to party. she thought as she placed her messy shirt and vest into her purse. As she left the restroom she returned to the bar and ordered a shot of jack and a glass of coke. After taking the drinks she spotted a guy sitting by himself near the jukebox. Susan approached the man and said, "Excuse me...Do you mind if I join you? You look like you could use a friend to talk to."

Christian Grix

At the sound of a female voice Grix looked up and saw her stood there "Is this a new uniform"? he asked as he glanced at her trousers and boots. Then back up to her face, before gesturing to the seats "Help your self".

With a smile on his face now he continued to speak "I don't mind if you want to talk but i warn you i'm not in a good mood today". Altough looking at her he was sure it was going to be more interesting than just sitting here drinking.

The next song kicked in and he had to smile once more "Did you arrive on the ship today, i think i'd have seen you in here before"?

Susan Markington

Quote from: Christian Grix on October 17, 2018, 10:10:03 AM

At the sound of a female voice Grix looked up and saw her stood there "Is this a new uniform"? he asked as he glanced at her trousers and boots. Then back up to her face, before gesturing to the seats "Help your self".

With a smile on his face now he continued to speak "I don't mind if you want to talk but i warn you i'm not in a good mood today". Altough looking at her he was sure it was going to be more interesting than just sitting here drinking.

The next song kicked in and he had to smile once more "Did you arrive on the ship today, i think i'd have seen you in here before"?

As Susan sat down she smiled and said, "Yeah, I just got in. My official uniform is in my bag. Don't worry I'm not that stupid. Cadet Susan Markington. I'm the newest member of, Well I don't really know just yet. Excuse me one moment." Her communicator began to go off.

"Cadet Markington, what do you think you're doing? Tossing patrons out of a bar! I should have your head for this!" the unknown voice said.
"Okay, First...who are you? Second, they threw up on me and began a bar fight! The manager asked me to throw them out! So take it up with them ma'am! Markington clear." she replied angrily as she heard the name Brighton.
"Athena Security Chief Katheryn Brighton. Stop with the shenanigans or so help me I'll have your head on a pike! Welcome to the Athena crew. I'll see you tomorrow at 8am. Brighton clear." Mrs. Brighton replied before ending the call.

The color drained from Susan's face as she tried to make sense of the recent reprimand. Susan looked back at the man sitting across from her as she said, "Did she just say what I think she said? I've been assigned to Athena." Well....so much for partying tonight.... Susan thought as she sipped in her soda.

~+~OOC~+~
Permission to use Katheryn Brighton's name was given via discord.

Christian Grix

Grix just smiled as Susan sat down and introduced herself, He was about to say something when the Athena Security Officer hailed her, giving her a hard time about the bar clearing. Susan looked a little downbeat after the hail and Christian knew only too well what the cadet must be going through.

"Congratulations Cadet Markington the Athena is a good ship and I wouldn't worry too much about the hail, I hear Mrs Brighton is hard but fair". A quick sip of his whiskey and then he held out his hand towards her "Ensign Christian Grix, USS Shran Engineer, when I'm not here refitting the cargo bays".

He looked again at the diminutive woman and smiled as he wondered how many people had been fooled by how slight she looked. "If you want to stay a while longer, I'm a good listener too". He smiled again and raised his glass "To you and the Athena" he toasted her.

Just as the Third Track started playing he sat back a little as he was leaning over the table.

Susan Markington

Susan shook Grix's hand and gave him a small smile. "Thanks Ensign Grix. To the Athena and to the start of a bootiful...bountiful...uh, beautiful friendship." Susan said as she tried to keep from laughing.

She clinked her new shotglass of Jack with his and took the shot. After swallowing and chasing it with the coke she said, "Hmm...What do you mean by refitting the cargo bays? What's wrong with them?"

The guy she had thrown out earlier reentered the bar and he was super angry. As he approached the bar he asked the bartender, "Where's Sassy Sue?" Susan heard the nickname that her parents had given her when she was little and she knew she was in trouble. As she placed her drink on the table she dug out her Starfleet jacket from her purse and put it on before grabbing her civilian ID badge.

"Who wants to know?" Susan asked as the guy turned towards her and cracked his knuckles.

Susan looked at Christian and quietly said, "Do me a huge favor...I know we just met, but can you please act like my boyfriend to get this guy to back off. He's been trying to get me alone all night since I stepped in here in uniform. If anything drastic happens just know that I really like you."

The strange man that had thrown up on her earlier walked towards her and grabbed her by the arm. His grip was strong enough to break a glass with ease. As he tightened his grip Susan turned to face him. The man used his other hand and placed it around her throat.

"Let go of me now or I will send you back to the shuttle you flew in on in a coffin." Susan said before she gasped and felt for her phaser.

As she was lifted off the ground with ease and slammed against a nearby wall, she glanced at Christian with fear in her eyes. The man tightened his grip on her throat and as Susan began to pass out, she gave one final look to the Ensign. No! I just got assigned to Athena...I'm not going down without a fight... she thought as the man chuckled and said, "Looks like Sassy Sue has lost her touch...time to end her once and for all."

"I don't think so...bud!" Susan said as she attempted to kick him in his junk. Her right foot missed and she ended up hitting him in his left thigh. As the man relaxed his grip on her neck she gasped for air and began to cough. "A little help babe?" Susan said to Christian as she was picked off the wall and thrown across the room. Crashing into a table with customers was not Susan's idea of a fun night. As she hit the table hard she groaned in pain.

Christian Grix

It all happened quickly and Christian was just getting used to what she'd said  as Susan flew across the bar and crashed into the table.

He was on his feet and ran over to her first checking that she was conscious and then leaning over and picking up one of the table legs. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and then stood up to face the attacker, Height wise they were about the same but the other man was bulkier than Christian.

"So first you throw up on my girlfriend, then you lay your hands on her and then throw her across the room, someone needs to give you a lesson in why you don't bully people". He stepped forward and raised the table leg, as he had hoped the man raised a large arm to protect himself from the expected blow. But Grix had other plans as he swept the table leg down on the man's knee.

"I hate bullies" he added as the man dropped to one knee, he could now see the man's friends heading towards the bar. He Reached up and tapped his comm badge  =/\= Grix to security, Get to Blue's one Sec down and we could use some help  =/\=

The man seemed to get some bravado back as he heard Grix hail Security "Don't even think It, The next time i use this will be upside your head".

The Face off continued until the bar seemed to go dark but in reallity it was the arrival of the 6 foot 10 Caitian Security Chief.

"I WILL TAKE OVER NOW" His voice boomed out as he placed on giant hand on the shoulder of the attacker, who's friends had disappeared as B'Ozin arrived "YOU TAKE CARE OF MARKINGTON".

Grix nodded in agreement and the turned back to Susan, dropping to his knee at her side he offered her a hand "Well that was eventful, will all our dates go like this". ? he teased as he looked at her and waited for a response "Let's get you to sick bay, Don't want you passing out".

Susan Markington

"Nicely done Grix. You played that perfectly. I'm not going to pass out...okay room spinning...aaagh...Damn it...careful....he busted my arm." Susan whispered as she stood up with his help. "That depends on if we see each other again. Hold up Grix." she replied to Christian as she gave him a small smile and stopped in the doorway of Blue's.

Susan then snapped her fingers and her purse skidded across the floor to her hand. She looked over her shoulder and said loudly, "Hey Chief! Book him for assaulting an officer, harassment and sexual assault! I'm making sure this jackwagon gets life. Damn straight, I'm pressing charges!" As she faced forward she saw even more security outside. "I'll give you guys a statement after I get medical care." she said as she flashed her civilian and Starfleet badges on her hip.

As they left the scene and headed to medical Susan wondered if she could have done anything different to stop the guy from hurting her. She ran through various scenarios in her head and they all came to the same conclusion of her getting injured or killed. As she shook her head in disgust at what had happened she smiled and said, "Thanks Christian. You don't have to act as my boyfriend anymore unless you want to."

Susan let out a small chuckle before clutching her side in pain. A dinner knife was stuck just under her rib cage and it had barely missed her lung. "Who the hell puts silverware in a bar? The food is supposed to be eaten with your fingers!" she said as she grit her teeth and continued on towards their destination.

Christian Grix

As he helped her up Grix also smiled relieved that she could actually stand, he could see the arm was broken but at least the skin was intact. "I think I would like to see you again Sassy" He watched in a little surprise as her purse homed in on her command thinking I need that for my spanners. as it did.

"I'm a witness if you need me B'Ozin at which he followed Susan to the doorway "What if i don't want to and anyway i'm under orders to take care of you" Grix walked to her side and saw her pull the knife out, he shook his head and placed his arm around her waist to support her as she was not exactly walking straight right now. "After you get patched up what do you want to do?" He asked quietly as he held her close to his side.

Susan Markington

[docks heading to medical]

Susan revealed the strap on her left wrist with an invisible wire attached to her purse. "I never leave my purse unattended in sketchy places. Well at least I still have my head...for now..." she said as they passed by various Starfleet personnel. As she felt Christian wrap his arm around her she felt safe for once.

"I don't really know. I'm more worried about bleeding to death or having a punctured lung right now. So much for celebrating my acceptance into Athena." she said as she let out a small sigh.

As her broken arm began to throb in pain she winced. "Now I know what my father goes through everyday. Civilian cop back on Earth." she said as she grimaced at how she probably looked. "If we do end up in court...I want that jackwagon to pay...he groped me before I threw him and one of his friends outside after they puked on me. When he grabbed my arm I thought the worst thing would be him punching me or something. Had you not been there..." she stops walking as she tries to compose herself. She didn't want to cry in front of him and the other personnel around them.

After a few deep breaths and wiping the tears from her eyes she tried to put on a smile, but the throbbing pain in her arm and side was too much. Susan winced as she tried to not hit the knife still in her side. Looking at Christian and feeling him next to her made her feel better.

"Sorry about all this. My nickname back on Earth was Sassy Sue. It's because I was always sassy to my dad when he told me to do something at the precinct. I would give him such attitude and get yelled at by him. It was sort of our inside joke." she said as she looked out at the stars in the sky.

Christian Grix

As Susan spoke one thing became very clear to Christian and that was he liked being around her. As she winced from the pain in her arm ans spoke about the knife which he knew about and had kept his fingers either side of as he supported her.

But now he decided walking was not going to be a great idea  =/\= Grix to sickbay, Medical emergency at my location, Fractured  arm and stab injury to lower right side of torso, Knife still in situ, possible fall injuries too  =/\= As soon as he finished speaking he swung Susan gently up in his arms as he waited for the transport to start.

"We can celebrate after sickbay if you want I can whip up anything on a replicator" He laughed and was about to add to the statement when the beam engulfed them.

[MEDBAY 3]
As they appeared in medbay the Doctor was already stood at a bio bed ""Put her on here" She ordered and then got to work on the arm first as the Nurse checked the wound.

The Doctor ran an osteogenic stimulator over the arm and smiled at Susan "That should help with the arm, whatever have you two been up to"? was all she said before moving to the side where the nurse was cleaning the wound "Gonna need to get that out but no internal injuries showing up apart from a few bruises on your back and your head".

She turned to Grix "I'll have her up in no time, you can wait for your girlfriend out there". The Doctor nodded towards a seating area.

Grix was about to reply that Sue wasn't his girlfriend but stopped and just replied ""Thank you Doc, I will" before leaning over the bed and squeezing her good hand "Do what the Doc tells you and we can still finish later" He winked and then walked over to the seats.

As the Doctor removed the knife, she spoke softly to Susan "He's cute and seems to care about you, I've seen lot's i Don't need to chase, If they show up at all that is. She then used a dermal generator to seal the wound and repair the skin.

"You just stay there a few minutes while the bio bed gives you a full check up" Again she smiled before she brought up some data on her PADD "How are you feeling now"? wheter it was a direct question or just her bedside manner the doctor continued to study the PADD.

Meanwhile Grix sat in the chair, wringing his hands together, He had never liked sick bays or Hospitals and was very uncomfortable being there but there was also no way he was leaving until he knew Sue was safe.

Susan Markington

[Medbay 3]

Susan laid on the bed and allowed the doctor and nurse to tend to her wounds. As she watched Christian leave she closed her eyes and fell half asleep. "Yeah he is cute. I just hope we can make it last." Susan replied as she flexed her right arm and regained movement. "Tired, but I can sleep when I'm dead." she said as she chuckled.

"What do you mean by that?" the nurse asked. "We're on different ships. We wouldn't be able to see each other that often." Susan replies as she sits up and looks left and right. She then felt her head where she had glass in it earlier and felt that the lump was gone. What the hell kind of medicine or treatments are these? If I was back on Earth in a civilian hospital...I'd be in surgery and medically discharged from work... she thought as she grabbed her PADD and typed out a quick message to Grix.

[message]
Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my number so call me maybe. 684-573-0129*

~+~OOC~+~
*I have no clue if this is a real number please DO NOT call it...if you do call it let me know who answers because I just put random numbers.

Christian Grix

[Medbay - Waiting Area]

sitting here and looking at the Doctor and Nurse working on Susan made Christian think about what had happened not so long ago he didn't even know who she was, yet here he was sitting in the Infirmary a place he hated like all medical facilities, hoping that this crazy girl with eyes that sparkled like fire would be fine. She certainly had made an impact on him and he wanted to get to know more about her.

In his hand his PADD beeped and he looked at it with a smile growing on his face as he replied.
[message]
I really like you, It is my duty as an officer and a gentleman to make sure you get back to your quarters safely, the ape's friends are still out there, Well that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

he slipped the PADD onto the next seat and watched Susan again, His eyes met her's and he felt like he'd known her forever. How can people you think you know really be strangers and people you just met make you feel like this? He thought as he smiled at her.

Susan Markington

[Medbay 3]

Susan heard a bleep on her PADD as she looked at the message he sent back. Nice movie reference...that was a good movie from what I heard from my parents...wait...he likes me...is he just joking with me or does he really like like me? Ugh...why does love have to be so complicated... she thought as she showed the nurse the message and got a nod of approval.

Susan turned her head to look out at Christian and as they locked eyes she blushed. "Am I discharged?" Susan asked the doctor as she signed her release forms and stood up. Susan walked to the door and as it slid open she walked over to Christian. "Officer and a Gentleman...have you even seen that movie?" Susan asked as she slipped her PADD into her purse.

Christian Grix

[Corridor outside Infirmary]

After they left the medbay, Christian and Susan walked for a while as he answered her about the movie "I can't say I have seen it, My dad always said it and i kind of know what he means as in I'm doing this because it's not only the right thing to do but because I want to, I mean look what just happened, we meet, a fight breaks out and we end up in Medbay, Hell of a first date even if i was just pretending". He spoke softly as they walked before stopping and turning to look at her "Susan, look I know you said it's crazy but I will call you, i'll call you often because you know what I'd like to be more than pretend, I have no idea how a subspace relationship would work but if you are willing to give me a chance then I'd like to try and find ou ".

He stood quietly awaitng a reply hoping that she would say yes and at the same time fighting every thought in his body that was screaming SHUT UP AND KISS HER !!.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.