Challenger Awards - July 2018

Started by Dylan Torngate, July 25, 2018, 09:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Torngate

Hello, Crew of the Challenger! It is July, and we all know what that means.

No, it doesn't mean we blow things up, that's independent of the months. It does, however, mean it's time to show off what we have to offer by awarding our bi-annual awards! This will come in three parts, one by myself, one by our XO, and a third fleet-wide award section given out by the Admirals later.

Enough fanfare. Let's begin!

Our first award is the Best Duo Award. This award is given to two characters who play really well together, and at the same time doesn't let the storyline get away from them.

For this award, the winners are Lek and Rayek tr'Lohell (And I didn't even have to look up the spelling!)

Our second award is the Most Engaging Member Award. This goes to a player who constantly writes posts that engage the crew and help keep everyone involved.

This season, this award goes to Lizzie Vaughan!

The best newcomer award goes to one of our newest members to the site who has taken us by storm, posting high-quality posts and generally jumping into the deep end feet-first.

Today, I am pleased to award this to Ocras Abisa!

Next on the plate, the Posting Excellence Award. This award goes to players who demonstrate consistent high-quality posting skills.

I think we can all safely say that one Calandra Trilarck has more than earned this award! Congrats.

Now we enter the home stretch of this segment of awards. On to the Meritorious Service Award!

This award is granted to those who reach the rank of Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. This award has been earned by a few of our crew over the last few months and beyond, but I wanted to recognize them anyways. Congrats to Rayek tr'Lohell, Rhymus Cleroux, and Lizzie Vaughan!

Next comes one award that I didn't tell Solluk I was awarded. Why? Because he's the one earning it! Over the course of our last few missions, I have been constantly impressed by Solluk's ability to convey the art of warfare.

As such, I am awarding the Descriptive Combat award to him!

And finally, for this section of our awards, the Technical Precision Award. This award is given to a player who displays great knowledge of their profession or chosen history.

To wrap up this section of our awards, please join me in congratulating Rayek tr'Lohell!

And a big congrats and thank you to all of you for sticking with us for another six months. Here's to six more!

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Jettis Jyur

Rayek trLhoell

Woot! Thank you and congratulations everyone!  Looking forward to another great 6 months!  It's hard to believe I haven't even been here a year yet... the site and it's stories are the highlight of my day and always look forward to reading peoples posts. If folks have ideas for smaller holodeck scenes give me a prod I love the more personal scenes just as much as the action scenes. 

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Solluk

Much thanks to the Captain!

It is my honor to mention the anniversaries of our crew!  Some of these anniversaries are actually past, but these are typically awarded only twice a year.

(Some have been mentioned recently, but I reiterate them now.)

Before awarding time of service, I present this picture of an aged Kirk.  You are welcome.

Six Months: Calandra Trilarck, Rayek tr'Lhoell, and Bonnie Moors.

I feel that I have been writing with you lot for much longer than six months.  The quantity of good posts fills my mind and creates the impression of long-time writing partners.  I remember my character trying to convince Bonnie to stay with the ship when he first arrived, and enroll in Starfleet as an officer.   Rayek's fingerprint is felt in every scene of which he partakes, contributing to the ambiance as a real character even when he is not the focus of action.  I have been interacting with Calandra- I think- since nearly the inception of the character, spanning two sims and three of my characters.  Whatever months the anniversary suggests, it has been Seasons of written adventures in that span.

One Year: I find myself sharing this category with the innovative Lek, the stalwart Rhymous Cleroux, and our brilliant Science officer Jettis.  Those of us who have been here for a year can probably remember the site failure last year, and stuck around through the experience.  I am glad of such perseverence, because the fleet is richer for having all of you serving within.

Two Years: Here we have some really old timers, at least when measured in Internet Time.  Dylan has served not only as our intrepid Captain but also as an invaluable technical contributor to the site.  I'm quite sure we literally would not be here without him.  Elizabeth Vaughan's experience is apparent in every post, and it isn't just Solluk the character that thinks she probably deserved the XO spot.  It's Solluk the player, too.  I am very grateful to be working alongside an experienced and talented individual such as she.  And while I haven't spent as much time serving alongside Ashley Weir, I am very glad she's been with us so long, because those two years of experience surely allowed her to successfully use Escape Pods to preserve our bacon.  Congrats to all of you for your these milestones!

Keep on keeping on!  We are improved because of you and your great characters.  Every day that you add to your time in service is a boon to us all that deeply enriches the fleet-wide experience.

Cheers!

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Ocras Abisa

Thanks all... it's been a really fun introduction. I've found myself checking for updates here before anything else in my day.

Y'all are great.

Solluk

Ocras, you have made your mark by jumping right in and getting to work with great posts that advance the story.  Already, whenever I see your name pop up on 'New replies' I lean forward with interest.  :-)

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Calandra Trilarck

Yes, Ocras, you're killing it.

Thanks for this award, the writing is always really stellar and I'm proud to be in such good company.

Witches can be right, giants can be good. You decide what's right, you decide what's good. - No One Is Alone, Sondheim

Malcolm Adeyemi

Kirok

Challenger crew,

Congrats on your varoius awards.

I will be pinning them to you today!

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.