News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

S4 E6: 20,000 Leagues

Started by Felicity Ellis, December 30, 2019, 10:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrie McGellen

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on January 12, 2020, 02:44:40 PM

[Felicity Ellis - Conference Room 1, Deck 1]
"I'll leave attendance up to you and Dr. Trenzal. I'd be delighted to have you both, of course."

"Unless there's anything else folks, you are dismissed." Well, not everyone. Not yet. "Petty Officer Dannenberg, a moment please." She picked up the tub of ice-cream, finally, and gave it the attention it deserved.

[Lawrie McGellen - Conference Room 1, Deck 1]

"Thank you Captain, I'll pop down to Sickbay and make myself acquainted with Dr. Trenzal after this.  Enjoy your ice cream!" Lawrie said with a smile.  "I'll tell Cadet Bash that his extra sprinkles were appreciated!"

Quote from: Aryn Corliss on January 12, 2020, 09:50:44 PM

[Conference Room 1]

Aryn smiled and nodded in acknowledgement of each officer's congratulations, adding to the doctor, He may very well be interested, Doctor. He plans to end up in Sickbay at some point today to meet you anyway, so you can ask him.

She blew out a breath in relief of having made it through her little speech. She'd stayed on topic and gotten in everything she'd wanted to say, and she was pleased that the crew seemed welcoming and accepting of her.

When Felicity dismissed the meeting, Aryn wasn't entirely sure what she wanted to do. She should familiarize herself with the mission details, but there were also the rest of the personnel files to get through. Also...

Captain, I think I'll take a few minutes to check out my chair on the Bridge, she said with a small smile.

"Lt. Commander, I hope to see you in Sickbay for your regular pre-natals but otherwise not, unless you fancy a chat in which case you're welcome anytime especially as your other half will 'live' down there! I'll liaise with him as regards the away missions, maybe we can take turn and turn about or something... we'll work it out, you... well you just take care of yourself and the 3 mini yous!" he said with a kilowatt smile. "If that command chair gets uncomfortable, we'll find you cushions!"
Quote from: Jenna McKinson on January 12, 2020, 04:46:39 PM

[ Conference Room 1 - Deck 1 ]

Jenna listened quietly to the rest of the meeting. She had nothing more to input, but to only stare a bit at the hologram on the table. In her mind, flashes of the island back home were played. The sweet lapping of the ocean on the shore and sailing on the ocean calmed her nerves. The thought of seeing this place first hand excited her, but there was much to do beforehand. She got up once the group was dismissed. She moved quickly over to the new XO. "Congradulations on the triplets. Other than Dr. McGellen I can offer help services and my sister helps with things down in the Mess Hall. Her name is Makayla Mirelle." Jenna smiled as she moved over toward Lyric. "Lyric if you need any more equipment just give me or Sheppard a holler and we should have what you need up to you. I have a few more things that need to be taken care of down in engineering." With that, Jenna departed with a passing squeeze of the hand to Lawrie. She whispered something into his ear before she gave him a peck on the cheek. The meeting was dismissed and she was going to be damned if she didn't get a kiss in somehow to het beloved.

Lawrie squeezed her hand back, nodded and whispered back that he'd meet her outside the conference room.  He could stand to give her a quick kiss before heading to the Sickbay.  He had noticed she was chirpier since they got back but also a little more needy of the romantic attention... not that he was complaining!

Outside the Conference Room

"So gorgeous, what's up?!" he said coming behind Jenna, checking there was no one around to see, or no one that would give a damn, and kissed the back of her neck.  "I can spend 5 mins with my favourite person and then I have to meet the prodigy that is half responsible for 3 children in one go!  Should be exciting to have another doctor around though I was kinda getting used to Gatesy and I liked that Cloudshape or whatever her proper name was, since I didn't know her prior to the last mission it was a lot easier just to be introduced to her as 'Cloudshape' and not have to get used to calling her... something else!"

He laughed "You know I was kinda glad, not that there's anything wrong with same gender relationships, but you know I love you as a bloke loving a woman, that we ended up as different genders, it was still strange but if we needed to embrace I could, it wasn't awkward, that said it nearly killed me not to call you Jenna!"

"I don't need a doctor, damn it, I am a doctor!"

Lawrie's Bio

Peter Dannenberg

PO1 Peter Dannenberg
[USS Shran - Conference Room 1]

Felicity listened as their new XO managed to effortlessly include a pregnancy announcement in her introductions. She smiled, never really tiring of the punch of wonder that she felt every time Aryn said 'triplets'. "It is," she responded to Aryn's closing query. "Thank you, Commander. I am keen to stretch my legs on new soil. It's been a while."

Six months since she'd set foot on a planet. Ten since she'd felt real water on her skin. When she accepted temporary command of the Shran she'd made herself a promise that she wouldn't turn into one of those officers who sat around on their ever-expanding arses, giving orders from above or afar. It wasn't what she'd joined Starfleet for, and it was so far removed from her personal goals and ambitions that she would never even consider a less involved role. The bonus truly was that she would feel comfortable with Aryn looking after things while she was gone on this away mission.

Before she would launch into orders and assignments though, she listened to suggestions from the crew. Once they'd assimilated the data, and at a very impressive rate, she might add, they began offering their ideas. Felicity successfully hid another smirk, her eyes cast downward carefully, when Peter responded to Jett's "observations" by declaring them obvious, but there was definitely something useful in there. She found herself nodding thoughtfully, and when Mondo added his recommendations, she was sold on the plan. There was something very appealing about exploring the depths of this new planet in a new breed of Shran special invention.

"Mr. Jett, if you're up for it, please select a shuttle and begin the modifications. Not the Cosmo," she added hastily - that one was her favourite. "And see if you can implement Petty Officer Nari's micro-torpedo recommendation. We really have no idea what we might find down there, but we should be prepared to handle ourselves without excessive force. Lieutenant Jaeger and Petty Officer McDaniels can lend their expertise to your project, pending an availability check, and feel free to approach Dr. Zaman for his input, too. He may have some experience in this area." Considering what the task was, they were assembling a bit of a dream team. Felicity was looking forward to seeing what they came up with, and also saw it as an opportunity for Thomas Jett to show the crew that he wasn't just an arrogant blowhard, and that she wasn't completely insane for allowing him to continue breathing on their ship.

"Security." She glanced at Mondo and then Peter in turn. "Go through the data we're collecting please, and see if you can pinpoint an optimal LZ for us. Since Soren is out of action currently, I'd like you both along for this."

"Flight will assist with Project Sub where and when required, and ensure that we stay clear of the ion front travelling through the neighbouring system. That could very well be the reason this planet has gone undocumented for so long. Doctor," Felicity turned to Lawrie, who was happy to note their new XO would be staying on the ship for the time being, and also understandably curious as to his own participation. "I'll leave attendance up to you and Dr. Trenzal. I'd be delighted to have you both, of course."

"Unless there's anything else folks, you are dismissed." Well, not everyone. Not yet. "Petty Officer Dannenberg, a moment please." She picked up the tub of ice-cream, finally, and gave it the attention it deserved.

Peter listened as Felicity fired off her orders, primary for modifying a shuttle to use a sort of submarine. When she addressed security he focused his gaze on her, nodding at her order. "Yes, ma'am." Peter glanced over to Mondo, nodding at him with a smile. He liked the Hupyrian.

After everyone had received their orders, Peter picked up his PADD. He figured since he had orders now, the talk about T'Aco and Elanii would have to wait, but Felicity seemed to want to have a word with him anyway. He nodded in acknowledgemet to her and remained seated before he turned his head to look at Mondo. "I will join you as soon as possible." Peter totally expected Mondo would have finished the task even before Peter had a chance to join him. Effectiveness was the man's middle name.

After everyone had left the room, he watched Felicity enjoying the ice cream. "Is there a chance you share some of that?", he smirked.

Species: Human

2nd alt of Tess Moreno

Felicity Ellis

Quote from: Lyric McDaniels on January 12, 2020, 03:42:26 PM

[Conference Room 1, Deck 1]

During the course of the meeting, Lyric had been quietly and unobtrusively scanning for more of the pesky little listening devices she'd found in the Captain's ready room replicator. So far nothing in the conference room had caused her tricorder to react. As focused as she was on her task, she only half paid attention to the meeting at large. However her ears did perk up when she was mentioned a few times, and she used the edge of her sleeve to polish her new rank badge. It was her intent to do her best, and not let down Captain Ellis.

Once Ellis had finished giving her orders, Lyric made a point of catching her attention. She pointed to the tricorder and shook her head. The little engineer had listened enough to know the Captain hadn't mentioned the bug to anyone else, so it wasn't her place to spill the beans. It was very possible, however unlikely she thought it was, that the person who planted the device was one of the officers in the room right now. A small frown appeared on her face at the thought.
[...]

[...]
Captain, I think I'll take a few minutes to check out my chair on the Bridge, she said with a small smile.

Quote from: Peter Dannenberg on January 13, 2020, 01:02:07 PM

PO1 Peter Dannenberg

Peter listened as Felicity fired off her orders, primary for modifying a shuttle to use a sort of submarine. When she addressed security he focused his gaze on her, nodding at her order. "Yes, ma'am." Peter glanced over to Mondo, nodding at him with a smile. He liked the Hupyrian.

After everyone had received their orders, Peter picked up his PADD. He figured since he had orders now, the talk about T'Aco and Elanii would have to wait, but Felicity seemed to want to have a word with him anyway. He nodded in acknowledgemet to her and remained seated before he turned his head to look at Mondo. "I will join you as soon as possible." Peter totally expected Mondo would have finished the task even before Peter had a chance to join him. Effectiveness was the man's middle name.

After everyone had left the room, he watched Felicity enjoying the ice cream. "Is there a chance you share some of that?", he smirked.

As everyone began to disperse, Felicity caught Lyric's eye. The engineer pointed to her tricorder and shook her head, and Felicity nodded in understanding. It was a minor boon that their main conference room wasn't bugged, and that nobody could listen in on the senior staff during their meetings, but she couldn't help wonder what else they were missing. When Lawrie said his goodbyes, she looked away from Lyric and toward the Scotsman, plastering a smile on her face as she did so. She raised the tub of mint chocolate chip in a salute, and made a mental note to thank Bash herself for his rainbow sprinkles initiative. Spoon stuck in mouth, she turned in her chair when Aryn excused herself.

She swallowed the cold treat and gestured before her with the silver utensil. "By all means, I'll follow you out shortly." She'd explain about the scratched XO's chair then, she thought, without Aryn actually seeing the damage the squirrelbeast wrought, she might think the story, and by extension, the Captain, was nuts.

And then there were two. She returned Peter's smirk and decided not to answer straight away. Instead she stood and moved over to where he was sitting. She handed him the tub, and once he'd taken it, she pressed the backs of her thighs against the conference table and slid up onto it. "So, what did she do." Brow arched curiously from atop her perch to the right of his chair, she crossed one leg over the other and waited.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Dugris Zaman

[Petty Officer Kellen Gates - Sickbay]

"El-Aurian squirrelbeast," Kellen Gates repeated to himself quietly, before raising his voice again. "I have never heard of such a creature." He looked over at Dr. Bowtie as he worked, glancing at him only for a moment before returning his attention to Alec's arm. "I would very much like to see an El-Aurian squirrelbeast."

Utilising a grid pattern over the painful scratches, Kellen continued musing aloud. "The Shran has a lot of pets. There's a velociraptor, and someone has a monkey, and there are dogs, and now a PooDoo, and a Tjuv. A regular petting zoo."

At Alec's kind words though, Kellen's cheeks turned just a little pink. He was good at his job, he was mostly aware of that, but hearing someone he respected so highly say it was unexpected, and perhaps a little difficult to process completely. "I think Flick is on a mission to poach us all," he said in a soft voice again, kind of scandalised at himself for appearing to partake in rumour.

[Sickbay]

The skin at the corners of Alec's eyes crinkled as he favored Kellen with a toothy grin at his joke. That could be the case. We should warn the station to watch out for her taking any more of their people.

He then flinched as the edges of a particularly deep scratch began to knit together. Alec had forgotten that healing almost hurt worse than the initial injury with wounds like this.

Through the stinging, he said, Sounds like it could be either very chaotic or very entertaining with all those animals. Aryn and I didn't bring any pets, unless you count three babies that are due in about nine months.

[Sickbay]

"I'd love for you to meet PooDoo," Doug told Kellen. "Just in my quarters. Last time she went out, the XO's chair on the bridge took a hit."

He looked over at Alec, somewhat apologetically.
"Tell Aryn that Pood and I are very sorry."

He then continued, to something the young man had said.
"Kellen, pardon me for asking, but what's a Tjuv?" he asked. It sounded vaguely familiar, but Doug was unsure, and he was still equipped with the curiosity that drove El-Aurians out here after all these years.

Peter Dannenberg

PO1 Peter Dannenberg

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on January 13, 2020, 02:30:57 PM

As everyone began to disperse, Felicity caught Lyric's eye. The engineer pointed to her tricorder and shook her head, and Felicity nodded in understanding. It was a minor boon that their main conference room wasn't bugged, and that nobody could listen in on the senior staff during their meetings, but she couldn't help wonder what else they were missing. When Lawrie said his goodbyes, she looked away from Lyric and toward the Scotsman, plastering a smile on her face as she did so. She raised the tub of mint chocolate chip in a salute, and made a mental note to thank Bash herself for his rainbow sprinkles initiative. Spoon stuck in mouth, she turned in her chair when Aryn excused herself.

She swallowed the cold treat and gestured before her with the silver utensil. "By all means, I'll follow you out shortly." She'd explain about the scratched XO's chair then, she thought, without Aryn actually seeing the damage the squirrelbeast wrought, she might think the story, and by extension, the Captain, was nuts.

And then there were two. She returned Peter's smirk and decided not to answer straight away. Instead she stood and moved over to where he was sitting. She handed him the tub, and once he'd taken it, she pressed the backs of her thighs against the conference table and slid up onto it. "So, what did she do." Brow arched curiously from atop her perch to the right of his chair, she crossed one leg over the other and waited.

Peter took the tub from her with a surprised grin and then watched as she slid onto the conference table. He glanced at her and then down on the tub of ice cream in front of him. Digging the spoon in he took a spoonful of ice cream, savoured its deliciousness for a moment before he leaned back with a huff, ice cream melting in his mouth.

He swallowed before he began to speak. "She wants to put Elanii on her therapy couch." He left the statement as it was for a moment, lifting his gaze finally to meet Felicity's. It was clearly readable on his face what he thought of that.

"She thinks the girl needs to get taught 'how to function' in the society she grows up in. "I told her there is no need for that but apparently I'm not qualified to make such a statement for the Vulcan counselor."

2nd alt of Tess Moreno

Thomas Jett

[Conference Room]

The former Starfleet officer listened to first Peter's suggestion.  To make sure that there was nothing on the planet that would explain the lack of advanced organisms.  This was beyond his expertise.  His weak area and the reason why he failed to enter the academy was Science.  The situation reminded him of his ex-wife that would be able to figure out or come out with a hypothesis of what happened or the past history of the planet.  This was exactly the type of mission that she wanted figuring the history and why it was that way.

He agrees with Peter that it might be prudent, but sometimes the best way to learn what is happening is by seeing first hand.  The former Officer listened to Mondo's suggestion and they all seem reasonable including modifying the Torpedos.

As the meeting continued he once in a while focused on Lyric and observed from her reaction that they were no bugs or transmission in the Conference Room. They could be targeting us individually Jett though.

As he finished he listened to the rest of the conversation and Captain's order.  He could modify any other shuttle but the Cosmo.  Which was reasonable, he needed to think which type would be easier to change.  He looked in his PADD and read about the 19 auxiliary crafts or rather the 18 he could use.  He knew that she was giving him an opportunity to at least do something productive.   He heard the comments and he realized what she told him.  The core he needs to behave like a Starfleet Officer and think like one.  Exploration and Peace are paramount.   They can't walk in there like they are armed to the teeth.  As he was told the other people he would be working he made eye contact with them and responded to the Captain. "Yes, Ma'am".

As Lyric asked them to be ready, Jett nodded and responded "I will meet you both at Shuttle Bay 1, we might need one more person for the Team" As Jett finished the comment he began walking away for a second.  For a second he was serious and focused again.

[Turbolift]

As soon as he entered the Turbo lift he felt the doors closed and he was alone.  "Damn it" .  He said to himself as he looked at his hands for a second.  They tremble a little as he processed his feelings.  He felt immense guilt the last time he worked with people closely they all died.  For a moment it was easier to be alone and not feel the pain that it is to lose crewmates and shipmates.  The silence, he took a second to compose himself when he continued.

"Computer, locate  Dr. Zaman.  Jett asked the computer.

The computer responded, "Dr. Zaman is located at Sickbay".

"Sickbay" Jett ordered the turbolift as he continued his approach.

[Sickbay]

The former officer took no time to waste as he entered sickbay.   He looked around and pulled his PADD.  He needed a picture of Dr. Zaman since he has never met the man.  In fact, he does not know many people other than "Bob".  Every single security officer that guarded him was named "Bob" as he did not need to memorize many names.

He entered and observed him that he was talking to another officer.  Another person that he had no clue, but by the uniform, he could tell that she was a Petty Officer.  Jett walked in slowly and looked down he began "Pardon the interruption, Petty Officer, Doctor Zaman" .  He first waited for a second to wait for a couple of look at him before he introduced himself.  "I know you don't know me, but I am Thomas Jett.  I'm currently working for Captain Ellis to possibly modify a shuttle into a submarine".  Jett then handed his PADD with his nonscientific notes.  Any person of science would quickly figure out that it was not the most technical notes but it was simple things "Thicker Hull – here" and an arrow pointed it.  Another location would say "Remove this " Arrow pointed out in the phaser.  However, there were some basic physics calculations in terms of navigation and flicks taking into account that he might need to operate almost exclusively on thrusters instead of impulse.

He knew the doctor would not be impressed by the notes, but it was a starting point.  "Would you be interested in helping?  It's not every day that you get to make a submarine".  Jett finished with a smile.  "Unless you are busy" .

Felicity Ellis

Quote from: Peter Dannenberg on January 13, 2020, 04:05:45 PM

PO1 Peter Dannenberg

Peter took the tub from her with a surprised grin and then watched as she slid onto the conference table. He glanced at her and then down on the tub of ice cream in front of him. Digging the spoon in he took a spoonful of ice cream, savoured its deliciousness for a moment before he leaned back with a huff, ice cream melting in his mouth.

He swallowed before he began to speak. "She wants to put Elanii on her therapy couch." He left the statement as it was for a moment, lifting his gaze finally to meet Felicity's. It was clearly readable on his face what he thought of that.

"She thinks the girl needs to get taught 'how to function' in the society she grows up in. "I told her there is no need for that but apparently I'm not qualified to make such a statement for the Vulcan counselor."

[Felicity Ellis - Conference 1, Deck 1]

"She what, now?"

Felicity had been enjoying Peter enjoy the ice-cream far too much to completely grasp what he'd initially said. But when she did, a frown creased her forehead as she waited for him to elaborate. Once he did, she leaned back a little, pushing her hands beneath her thighs, considering his words.

The line between her brows deepened further when she realised what exactly sitting on T'Aco's therapy couch would entail for Elanii, and how powerless she was to stop it. "Elanii technically would fall under her care, and if Vanthi agrees to it, I can't stop it." How she disliked saying that. She paused for a moment though and began to run through her options. She couldn't stop it, but that didn't mean she couldn't influence it. "I know what methodologies T'Aco will want to apply to a session with Elanii. She'll subject her to all manner of tests; and emotional development assessments. All things I decided months ago were either unnecessary, or unsuitable for Elanii. And she's a sensitive girl."

The frown disappeared, replaced by something a little more definitive. A set of the jaw, a stiffness to the shoulders. "She wants to please. She won't be comfortable telling T'Aco 'no' if she gets pushed too far. Unless... You or I are there. She'd be a bit braver to speak up if she had one of us as a supportive presence."

She leaned forward again then, mind made up. "Elanii is a civilian, on my ship. As Acting Captain, and as her former doctor, taking an interest in her ongoing care is my prerogative." She reached out and took back her spoon.

[Sickbay]

The skin at the corners of Alec's eyes crinkled as he favored Kellen with a toothy grin at his joke. That could be the case. We should warn the station to watch out for her taking any more of their people.

He then flinched as the edges of a particularly deep scratch began to knit together. Alec had forgotten that healing almost hurt worse than the initial injury with wounds like this.

Through the stinging, he said, Sounds like it could be either very chaotic or very entertaining with all those animals. Aryn and I didn't bring any pets, unless you count three babies that are due in about nine months.

Quote from: Dugris Zaman on January 13, 2020, 03:36:12 PM

[Sickbay]

"I'd love for you to meet PooDoo," Doug told Kellen. "Just in my quarters. Last time she went out, the XO's chair on the bridge took a hit."

"Kellen, pardon me for asking, but what's a Tjuv?" he asked. It sounded vaguely familiar, but Doug was unsure, and he was still equipped with the curiosity that drove El-Aurians out here after all these years.

"Certainly cannot count babies as pets, Alec," Kellen Gates informed his friend with some certainty. "Though they would make a similar amount of mess."

He began his final pass over the worst and deepest of the scratches, pausing at regular intervals to wipe away the now quickly drying blood with a saline pad. When Dr. Bowtie invited him to meet his squirrelbeast Kellen responded with a pleased smile. "Please let me know when you and PooDoo would be available." When he asked what a Tjuv was, Kell then understood how easily such confusion over names and species could occur. "Ah, Tjuv is Flick's ferret. Captain Ellis', I mean. His name means thief in Swedish, given to him as he has a tendency to steal things. Usually shiny objects."

Quote from: Thomas Jett on January 13, 2020, 04:46:47 PM

[Sickbay]

The former officer took no time to waste as he entered sickbay.   He looked around and pulled his PADD.  He needed a picture of Dr. Zaman since he has never met the man.  In fact, he does not know many people other than "Bob".  Every single security officer that guarded him was named "Bob" as he did not need to memorize many names.

He entered and observed him that he was talking to another officer.  Another person that he had no clue, but by the uniform, he could tell that she was a Petty Officer.  Jett walked in slowly and looked down he began "Pardon the interruption, Petty Officer, Doctor Zaman" .  He first waited for a second to wait for a couple of look at him before he introduced himself.  "I know you don't know me, but I am Thomas Jett.  I'm currently working for Captain Ellis to possibly modify a shuttle into a submarine".  Jett then handed his PADD with his nonscientific notes.  Any person of science would quickly figure out that it was not the most technical notes but it was simple things "Thicker Hull – here" and an arrow pointed it.  Another location would say "Remove this " Arrow pointed out in the phaser.  However, there were some basic physics calculations in terms of navigation and flicks taking into account that he might need to operate almost exclusively on thrusters instead of impulse.

He knew the doctor would not be impressed by the notes, but it was a starting point.  "Would you be interested in helping?  It's not every day that you get to make a submarine".  Jett finished with a smile.  "Unless you are busy" .

At the sudden interruption, Gates looked up just as he finished his work on Alec's arm. He eyed the newcomer, automatically searching for injuries. He had seemingly come for another reason, and when he introduced himself fully, recognition dawned on the medic's face. "Ah, you are the pirate criminal everyone dislikes." He nodded, as though it all made sense. "I am Petty Officer Kellen Gates, this is Dr. Trenzal."

Jenna McKinson

[ Outside the Conference Room ]

Quote from: Lawrie McGellen on January 13, 2020, 08:58:42 AM

"So gorgeous, what's up?!" he said coming behind Jenna, checking there was no one around to see, or no one that would give a damn, and kissed the back of her neck.  "I can spend 5 mins with my favourite person and then I have to meet the prodigy that is half responsible for 3 children in one go!  Should be exciting to have another doctor around though I was kinda getting used to Gatesy and I liked that Cloudshape or whatever her proper name was, since I didn't know her prior to the last mission it was a lot easier just to be introduced to her as 'Cloudshape' and not have to get used to calling her... something else!"

He laughed "You know I was kinda glad, not that there's anything wrong with same gender relationships, but you know I love you as a bloke loving a woman, that we ended up as different genders, it was still strange but if we needed to embrace I could, it wasn't awkward, that said it nearly killed me not to call you Jenna!"

As Lawrie spoke Jenna smiled. She turned toward him and embraced him. She needed that hug at that moment as if she was close to breaking for the moment. The meeting was tough for her and she didn't even realize it. She needed the one person in the universe who completely understood her at that moment. Even if it was just for the temporary comfort. "Lawrie I am so glad I have you." She said with a smile. She looked up at him with her eyes revealing her true emotions at that moment. She was glad it was over with and that the rest of the day would hopefully go smoother. This was the first of many meetings but with a familiar dark voice echoing in her head. She knew she needed to schedule a time for herself to heal and this was going to be the start.

"You and I deserve some us time. I am going to see if I can get Makayla to stay overnight with Bash so you and I can have a proper date. I feel like I have neglected how wonderful you are to me." As she spoke she quivered a bit. Things needed to change and it would need to start small. "I am so glad as well that you are in my life. You have been steadfast even at my worst times and I can't thank you enough. " It was then she popped up to give her beloved a quick kiss and she let it linger for a moment before she let go. They only had a few moments alone and it was something to savor until their next planned meeting. She wanted to be sure that happened. She needed to heal and things needed to be different.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Lyric McDaniels on January 12, 2020, 03:42:26 PM

[Conference Room 1, Deck 1]

During the course of the meeting, Lyric had been quietly and unobtrusively scanning for more of the pesky little listening devices she'd found in the Captain's ready room replicator. So far nothing in the conference room had caused her tricorder to react. As focused as she was on her task, she only half paid attention to the meeting at large. However her ears did perk up when she was mentioned a few times, and she used the edge of her sleeve to polish her new rank badge. It was her intent to do her best, and not let down Captain Ellis.

Once Ellis had finished giving her orders, Lyric made a point of catching her attention. She pointed to the tricorder and shook her head. The little engineer had listened enough to know the Captain hadn't mentioned the bug to anyone else, so it wasn't her place to spill the beans. It was very possible, however unlikely she thought it was, that the person who planted the device was one of the officers in the room right now. A small frown appeared on her face at the thought.

With a shake of her head, the Changeling made her way over to Jett and Ardy. Negative thoughts like that weren't something she enjoyed, and it was entirely possible whoever was plotting against them wanted everyone to be suspicious. Working together with the pair of them would be fun since she liked both of them, however she wasn't sure how well they'd get along. She would just have to make sure they both behaved themselves.

"Lt. Jaeger, Mr. Jett. Can we... can we go get started now?" Her excitement was obvious, and she was hoping she'd be allowed to go on the away team as well. Jett had said he liked nature, but Lyric actually did. Getting to interact with new alien creatures was an exciting possibility, her unique shapeshifting abilities let her communicate with animal life forms much easier than the solids could.

[conference room]
Ardyn was silent for the most part, nodding her understanding of Jenna's secret message. It was a very uneasy feeling to be watched. But Back to business. They had to be about making a shuttle submersible. It would take a bit of upgrading, but it was definitely doable. She groaned inwardly as Lyric mentioned Jett. But enough of that. "I agree, We should get started as soon as possible. Permission to leave?"

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Aryn Corliss

Quote from: Lawrie McGellen on January 13, 2020, 08:58:42 AM

[Lawrie McGellen - Conference Room 1, Deck 1]

"Lt. Commander, I hope to see you in Sickbay for your regular pre-natals but otherwise not, unless you fancy a chat in which case you're welcome anytime especially as your other half will 'live' down there! I'll liaise with him as regards the away missions, maybe we can take turn and turn about or something... we'll work it out, you... well you just take care of yourself and the 3 mini yous!" he said with a kilowatt smile. "If that command chair gets uncomfortable, we'll find you cushions!"

[Conference Room 1 --> Bridge]

Thank you, Doctor. I shall plan to come see you at some point in the next day or two, but Alec can give you a rundown of how things have been going. With that, Aryn left the conference room and made her way to the Bridge where she paused in the entrance and just took in the room.

Several of the officers on duty glanced her way and offered nods, smiles and murmured greetings. She returned these before entering and walking toward the center chairs.

The lieutenant manning the captain's chair started to rise, saying, Ma'am?, but Aryn waved her off, going to the XO's chair instead. Before she could turn and sit, she noticed several slashes and punctures in the seat.

She gave the lieutenant a confused look.

I'm sorry, Ma'am. I don't know what happened to it, but it kept getting bumped down the repair list and never got fixed before we left Columbus.

I suppose it doesn't prevent one sitting in it, she said with amusement, and did so.

Quote from: Dugris Zaman on January 13, 2020, 03:36:12 PM

[Sickbay]

[Sickbay]

Quote from: Felicity Ellis on January 13, 2020, 07:17:08 PM

"Certainly cannot count babies as pets, Alec," Kellen Gates informed his friend with some certainty. "Though they would make a similar amount of mess."

He began his final pass over the worst and deepest of the scratches, pausing at regular intervals to wipe away the now quickly drying blood with a saline pad. When Dr. Bowtie invited him to meet his squirrelbeast Kellen responded with a pleased smile. "Please let me know when you and PooDoo would be available." When he asked what a Tjuv was, Kell then understood how easily such confusion over names and species could occur. "Ah, Tjuv is Flick's ferret. Captain Ellis', I mean. His name means thief in Swedish, given to him as he has a tendency to steal things. Usually shiny objects."

At the sudden interruption, Gates looked up just as he finished his work on Alec's arm. He eyed the newcomer, automatically searching for injuries. He had seemingly come for another reason, and when he introduced himself fully, recognition dawned on the medic's face. "Ah, you are the pirate criminal everyone dislikes." He nodded, as though it all made sense. "I am Petty Officer Kellen Gates, this is Dr. Trenzal."

[Sickbay]

Alec was still chuckling, and a little confused, over Kellen and Doug's comments (what had happened to the XO's chair?) when the other man (a pirate criminal?) entered.

I'll take care of the rest of this, Alec told Kellen quietly, gesturing to his now healed arm. He headed over to a sink along the wall where he finished cleaning the blood off his arm. Kellen had done an excellent job with the dermal regenerator; there were only a couple of thin white lines where the deepest scratches had been, and they would probably fade in a day or two.

His scrubs had suffered some blood splatter, and Alec didn't want to meet his new CMO looking like that, so he walked back over to Gates and whispered, Can you show me where to get some fresh scrubs? I don't want to meet Dr. McGellen covered in blood, and I don't know if I have time to go back to our quarters to change.

Peter Dannenberg

PO1 Peter Dannenberg

"She what, now?"

Felicity had been enjoying Peter enjoy the ice-cream far too much to completely grasp what he'd initially said. But when she did, a frown creased her forehead as she waited for him to elaborate. Once he did, she leaned back a little, pushing her hands beneath her thighs, considering his words.

The line between her brows deepened further when she realised what exactly sitting on T'Aco's therapy couch would entail for Elanii, and how powerless she was to stop it. "Elanii technically would fall under her care, and if Vanthi agrees to it, I can't stop it." How she disliked saying that. She paused for a moment though and began to run through her options. She couldn't stop it, but that didn't mean she couldn't influence it. "I know what methodologies T'Aco will want to apply to a session with Elanii. She'll subject her to all manner of tests; and emotional development assessments. All things I decided months ago were either unnecessary, or unsuitable for Elanii. And she's a sensitive girl."

The frown disappeared, replaced by something a little more definitive. A set of the jaw, a stiffness to the shoulders. "She wants to please. She won't be comfortable telling T'Aco 'no' if she gets pushed too far. Unless... You or I are there. She'd be a bit braver to speak up if she had one of us as a supportive presence."

She leaned forward again then, mind made up. "Elanii is a civilian, on my ship. As Acting Captain, and as her former doctor, taking an interest in her ongoing care is my prerogative." She reached out and took back her spoon.

Peter crossed his arms as he listened. He didn't like when at first it sounded like Felicity couldn't do anything about it. The frown on his face eased somwhat when she pulled the rank card. And actually ended up in a little grin. "I do like that", he smirked and watched as she took more of the ice cream. He enjoyed the sight for a moment before his face became thoguhtful again.

"Well, she checked with Vanthi while I was there and he agreed. At least that was what she told me." He rubbed his hand over his chin as he recalled his conversation with T'Aco. "And I can already tell you what the counselor will reply to your suggestion of me or you attending the session. She thinks we will influence her behaviour. I'd feel better too if one of us could be there, and best if T'Aco just would leave her alone completely."

He sighed. "So you will speak to her? She might be more inclined to listen to you since you've got the same qualifications like she does ..." He gave her a pointed look before standing up. "Maybe I could try to speak to Vanthi. At least he trusts us enough to look after his daughter."

2nd alt of Tess Moreno

Felicity Ellis

Quote from: Peter Dannenberg on January 14, 2020, 12:53:06 PM

PO1 Peter Dannenberg

Peter crossed his arms as he listened. He didn't like when at first it sounded like Felicity couldn't do anything about it. The frown on his face eased somwhat when she pulled the rank card. And actually ended up in a little grin. "I do like that", he smirked and watched as she took more of the ice cream. He enjoyed the sight for a moment before his face became thoguhtful again.

"Well, she checked with Vanthi while I was there and he agreed. At least that was what she told me." He rubbed his hand over his chin as he recalled his conversation with T'Aco. "And I can already tell you what the counselor will reply to your suggestion of me or you attending the session. She thinks we will influence her behaviour. I'd feel better too if one of us could be there, and best if T'Aco just would leave her alone completely."

He sighed. "So you will speak to her? She might be more inclined to listen to you since you've got the same qualifications like she does ..." He gave her a pointed look before standing up. "Maybe I could try to speak to Vanthi. At least he trusts us enough to look after his daughter."

"I will," she confirmed when he asked if she'd speak to her. "If I can't dissuade her completely she might compromise with me on method." T'Aco wasn't totally unreasonable, she was just a little less open to the inclusion of intuition or consideration of outliers. But even at that, as far as Felicity was concerned, Elanii was one of the most important people on her ship, and she'd do what she needed to do to make her safe. She scooped up some of the melting ice-cream onto her spoon and helped herself, swallowing when Peter had finished speaking. She pulled the spoon back out of her mouth, upside-down, and nodded. "You would have better luck with Vanthi. He thinks I'm a moron."

She said it matter-of-factly, but there was a hint of a smile playing around the corners of her lips. Her eyes followed his movement as he stood, putting him above her eye level. "Before you go, there's something else."

She waited for a few moments, smooth side of the spoon tapping against her chin before imparting her own news. "There was a listening device in my Ready Room. Another apparently found in a PADD in the Mess Hall, but there's something really off about the whole thing. Jett convinced me to check earlier this afternoon, and with a modified scan Lyric located the first one."

Felicity was watching Peter closely, waiting for his reaction. "We've got a spy. Jett's friend Gorion was right, it would seem. We'll need to check everywhere, but starting with the senior officers' quarters. Will you take care of mine?"

It wasn't that she had a problem with someone else in her quarters, but she'd just decided it was time to relocate to the Captain's suite, and her stuff was everywhere. Besides, she would still be more comfortable with Peter doing it, for a wide range of reasons.

Dugris Zaman

[Sickbay]

Quote from: Aryn Corliss on January 14, 2020, 09:20:09 AM

[Sickbay]

Alec was still chuckling, and a little confused, over Kellen and Doug's comments (what had happened to the XO's chair?) when the other man (a pirate criminal?) entered.

I'll take care of the rest of this, Alec told Kellen quietly, gesturing to his now healed arm. He headed over to a sink along the wall where he finished cleaning the blood off his arm. Kellen had done an excellent job with the dermal regenerator; there were only a couple of thin white lines where the deepest scratches had been, and they would probably fade in a day or two.

His scrubs had suffered some blood splatter, and Alec didn't want to meet his new CMO looking like that, so he walked back over to Gates and whispered, Can you show me where to get some fresh scrubs? I don't want to meet Dr. McGellen covered in blood, and I don't know if I have time to go back to our quarters to change.

[Sickbay -> Passageways]

Doug was content to quietly step back for a bit as Alec and Kellen reunited, when the man who introduced himself as Jett entered. Of course, Doug had heard of Thomas Jett, the pirate involved in an attack, not too long before he came onboard. Many held the man in very low esteem, and Doug could see why.
However, Doug was a Listener. He knew better than to judge on one side of the story. Perhaps this would be an opportunity to hear Mr. Jett's side.

"I'd be happy to help," the ancient man answered. "Alec, I'll make this up to you sometime. It was good meeting you, Kellen."

Doug stepped out, motioning for Jett to do the same.

"We haven't met, but I have heard of you, Mr. Jett," Doug told the controversial man. "I've been wanting to hear your side of the story."

The El-Aurian brand, the capacity to listen, was very much in play, along with that same old curiosity. Doug wanted to hear Jett's story.

Lyric McDaniels

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 13, 2020, 10:25:54 PM

[conference room]
Ardyn was silent for the most part, nodding her understanding of Jenna's secret message. It was a very uneasy feeling to be watched. But Back to business. They had to be about making a shuttle submersible. It would take a bit of upgrading, but it was definitely doable. She groaned inwardly as Lyric mentioned Jett. But enough of that. "I agree, We should get started as soon as possible. Permission to leave?"

[Conference Room ~> Corridor]

Lyric watched as Jett left the room, clearly a man on a mission. They all had their assignments now, given to them by the captain. It was time to get their own hustle on. She turned to Ardy and pointed with her tricorder at the other officers' retreating backs.

"I think it's safe to say we've been dismissed, ma'am. Wanna go on to the Main Shuttle Bay and maybe get a diagram going for these modifications we're supposed to be making? Probably get there quicker than Mr. Jett. I think maybe between the two of us, we'd be better at figuring out which shuttle we should use." The little engineer grinned at the pilot and led the way out the door.

Hey, Lt? Can Steve come with us too? I'm sure he could be helpful and hand us tools. That is, if he's not too busy with his therapy animal duties." Lyric shot Ardy a hopeful look as they walked to the turbolift. She liked the little holo-raptor, he was fun to have around.

Species: Changeling

If you could be anything you wanted, why wouldn't you choose to be happy?

Mondo'li Nari

USS Shran - Conference Room --> Bridge

Mondo nodded in acknowledgement of his orders.  "Of course, Captain."

As the meeting was dismissed, Mondo stood.  He smiled at Peter, who had become a regular partner of his in the endeavors of the Security department.  "I'll pick out a few candidates for us to consider when you're done."

With that, Mondo took his leave, heading to an auxiliary station on the bridge to look at a copy of the sensor logs taken from previous scans of the planet.  It was nice to be selecting a landing zone for exploration, rather than a soft spot for a boarding action.  As he settled in and pulled up images, he was immediately impressed by the beauty of the world.  Some of these images reminded him of the Risian seas.

A bittersweet memory, soaked in salt air and violence.

How many ghosts would there be, Mondo wondered, by the time he was an old man?

No... this was not the time for melancholy.

He selected twelve sites that looked promising.  Peter could help him sort through them once he was done with the meeting.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.