Author Topic: Season 14, Episode 3: Clean Slate  (Read 43704 times)

Offline Danjar-Torra Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Authorization: Tango Delta Two Three Three Five
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 14, Episode 3: Clean Slate
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2020, 03:33:39 am »
Ensign Danjar-Torra
[Policyon II - Dome Gardens >>> outside the dome]

[Admin Building - Capital City - Policyon II]

The walk through the first part of the park was quiet and calm.  It was just the host and the away team, and it really was what he promised.  Examples of the indigenous life on the planet thriving within the small dome. This far inside there were none of the population, and even the armed guards were at a far distance. 

Travid was explaining the different habitats, and what they did to create these mini-biomes as proof of concept.  There was definitely potential here, and it was clear that the technology was here to restore the planet.  What was not as clear was why there was little progress.

"Mr. Travid, I would like to take a sample of the soil, both here and just outside of the dome.  This might be an opportunity for more study into the effects of the Hobus star."

Travid turned to the Captain, for a moment there was a sense of apprehension.  He then sighed.  "Are you asking as the liaison of the Free State, or as the Federation?"

"Does that matter?"

"No... no I suppose not.  Of course I want to do what I can for the Federation.  Go ahead." he said, almost waving it off.

The Captain nodded to T'Lara to execute the order, before they were able to continue the walk through what was honestly a nature preserve, as Travid pointed out and explained about the species and biomes there.  At the end of the tour, he was willing to entertain questions, where Nevir tried to ask about the difficult issues more closely, but Travid was expertly able to give non-answers.  There was really no use trying to press the issue, so under the watchful eye of the guard, as Travid stood on the steps, the team went to the barrier between the dome, and the rest of the planet. 

As soon as they were cleared to exit through the tight security, the sky turned an orange-brown, and the air felt heavier and thicker.  Soil was not too far from the edge of the dome, but from here they could see a larger stretch of the city, and some of the refugee residents.  Most seemed eager to not have anything to do with Federation officers here, while some seemed to just stare... or glare. 

"Let's get our sample and leave before we overstay our welcome.  Not too sure that the people here have forgiven the Federation."

The guards that Torra had been attempting to 'test' for reaction, moved off further as the tour group continued on into the garden.  Don alone seemed to notice her falling behind and fell behind as well.  Torra moved up alongside him.  With no one to watch over her closely, Torra took her tricorder from her belt and ran a few scans of the flora in the garden.

Up ahead she heard the request for soil samples to be taken both inside and outside the dome. As the lowest ranked on the away team, the task of collecting such a sample would naturally fall to her.  She was provided with sample containers and Torra took a number of samples.   Some from inside the garden, some from outside the garden but inside the dome... and then when led outside the dome, Torra collected samples from there as well.

The Grazerite was appalled at the conditions that the Romulan refugees were living in.   She stood up after having gathered the sample.  "How many refugees live in the city in such conditions?"
Danjar-Torra's Bio - Grazerite female 6'6' (1.98m) - Alt of ShranLahr ch'Verret

Offline Zavrol Gohun

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2020, 07:54:27 am »
[USS Discovery - Sickbay]

"Cartoid is easier then, no need to do more than loosen your collar a little! No need to give the entire Sickbay a treat!" Luby said with a smile and cocky wink.  She caught the lieutenant looking at her and gave a lopsided grin.

"It's pretty boring in here today, inoculation after inoculation.  But necessary.  I wish Mr. Masters was here, he could give a hand since besides being technically medical, it's not that difficult giving radiation treatments! There you go, all done!" she said having pressed the hypo to the Vulcan's neck and given the treatment.

"Now you mention it I'm pretty sure that's where Prisaar said she was going after her break... Deflector Control I mean.  I'm sure she said she'd been allowed to go work there for a while."

Rolling her shoulders to get the stiffness from them she said "Well nice to put a face to a name at last, if you see me around give me a wave.  I don't mean to be abrupt but..."

She'd spied the security crewman come in and nodded towards him both as a sort of welcome and as indication to Lt. Savar as to whom she spoke of.

"... there's no rest for the wicked!  Must get on!  If you suffer any side effects or nausea, dizziness come back or let us know one way or the other.  It's rare but known, nausea definitely the most common."

Turning to Crewman Gohun she fixed a cheery smile to her face deciding that her ennui shouldn't be taken out on others.

"Greetings Crewman, how may I help you today?  I assume just a radiation treatment?  Have you ever had one and do you normally have a reaction to them?" she asked hoping to get a little conversation to make the mundane a little more interesting.  Having been told that he got some nausea she gave him both the treatment and an anti-nausea pill to take later should he need it.

Gohun could not help but smile at the medic she seemed very cheerful and chipped.
Gohun "in the past I have had rashes linked to the anti radiation medication but in the long run not dying of radiation sickness is preferable to a rash."

"Don't take it if you feel well enough, better not to take medication you don't need, but it's there if you need it and just about any department head I know will give you 2 mins to get some water from a replicator to take a pill when directed from medical to do so.  If they don't they'll have me to answer to!  Saves you a journey down here if you feel queasy.  Most folk I know avoid Sickbay unless it's necessary!"

Gohun thought about the response that she gave.
" Thank you I will" With that Gohun started to leave sickbay on the way to his next shift.

Offline Nira Said

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2020, 09:19:45 am »
[planet side]

The reaction of Travid when their Captain had wanted to retrieve dirt to bring back with them. Their Captain a scientist at heart had wanted examples. Not being a scientist but you can learn all lot from the dirt. It held minerals of whatever could be develop.

When Travid had that one second of shot a glance to the guard. The guards seemed to be the “eye” of keeping order. Which means Travid was being watched by the upper brass. Perhaps Travid had want to tell us something but he can’t. That could be the reason why he asked it was Federation or Science.

Maybe Travid could be thinking that he messed up and the alliance has the Starfleet checking on them. It was something he thought of. However there was no evidence to hold his theory in place. He could mention that when they get back to the ship.

An idea pop in Don’s head, “Captain any chance can get a small rock to take back. I wonder with permission I could start a rock collection on the away missions on planet.” That was true, but he figured it was good addition for scientist to take a look over. Yes. He wanted to start a rock collection of planets he started to visit. Like souvenir.

After Nira gave her thoughts Don had to speak. “Captain I felt Travid is being watched. Like he knows what is going around but he can’t tell us. I could be wrong. But that I felt,” he shared.
Ensign Danjar-Torra
[Policyon II - Dome Gardens >>> outside the dome]

The guards that Torra had been attempting to 'test' for reaction, moved off further as the tour group continued on into the garden.  Don alone seemed to notice her falling behind and fell behind as well.  Torra moved up alongside him.  With no one to watch over her closely, Torra took her tricorder from her belt and ran a few scans of the flora in the garden.

Up ahead she heard the request for soil samples to be taken both inside and outside the dome. As the lowest ranked on the away team, the task of collecting such a sample would naturally fall to her.  She was provided with sample containers and Torra took a number of samples.   Some from inside the garden, some from outside the garden but inside the dome... and then when led outside the dome, Torra collected samples from there as well.

The Grazerite was appalled at the conditions that the Romulan refugees were living in.   She stood up after having gathered the sample.  "How many refugees live in the city in such conditions?"

[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Outside the Domes | Policyon II | Hobus Region]

Nira looked at Don when he made his own comment. She did not consider the possibility that Travid was being watched. She was so concentrated on the man's behavior, she didn't consider that. She noticed Torra wanting to take a sample and she handed her a sample container.

"Now there, I didn't consider that possibility," said Nira. "If you felt that...well, if it was instinctual, that's impressive. Then again...if he was being watched, why didn't he tell us, at the very least, telepathically? Send us a warning? He is a Betazoid, after all. Though he's nothing like me. On the other hand, he probably knows full well about telepathy etiquette. Yet throughout, I felt nothing from him. No feelings; they were shut off...Then again...maybe he sent it directly to you, since the rest of us were all leery of him. He might have noticed that in us.

"And if he is being watched, who's watching him?" She asked, though she was able to come to that conclusion quickly, remembering the way the Romulans everywhere were looking at the away team.

"Maybe, just maybe," she said in a lower voice, "if he is being watched...I did indicate earlier that this place is one possible place for criminals to lie low, but perhaps there could also be Romulans with ill feeling toward the Federation, maybe even from one of the different Romulan factions who don't recognize the Free State. Maybe the reason they're taking so long is because the refugees are being a thorn on his side, emphasizing his presence isn't welcome.

"I concur that it's horrible the way the refugees are living," Nira added, noting Torra's comment, "maybe that's why they are so disgruntled. Maybe the refugees are watching Travid. Maybe there's some animosity toward him because he's cheating them or something. I could throw out hypothesis after hypothesis all day long, but we don't know enough about what in Allah's name is going on around here. A concrete case can't be formed without sufficient evidence, let alone information."
Acting Captain of the USS Revenant
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Offline Don Damien Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Honoured Member
  • Test
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2020, 11:12:05 pm »

Nira looked at Don when he made his own comment. She did not consider the possibility that Travid was being watched. She was so concentrated on the man's behavior, she didn't consider that. She noticed Torra wanting to take a sample and she handed her a sample container.

"Now there, I didn't consider that possibility," said Nira. "If you felt that...well, if it was instinctual, that's impressive. Then again...if he was being watched, why didn't he tell us, at the very least, telepathically? Send us a warning? He is a Betazoid, after all. Though he's nothing like me. On the other hand, he probably knows full well about telepathy etiquette. Yet throughout, I felt nothing from him. No feelings; they were shut off...Then again...maybe he sent it directly to you, since the rest of us were all leery of him. He might have noticed that in us.

[Planet side]

“No. He had not,” he replied. Nira had new direction to pick at. He had wondered does her head ever stop thinking or analyze every little detail. They need to observe more and what he understand they are not supposed to be involved. They where he for the Romulans behalf. These people could be not happy what they got. Or perhaps they living the life of twenty century on earth. You had to work to earn a wage. Get paid. Pay bills and all the things. He was not all sure how they lived in those days. That sounded like money was their ‘slave’.  It had power over them.

No. That was not all true. He had to work earn wage. He had his space racer the Flaming Addams. Which died on a planet where the Captain found him. That had freed him from the world of smuggling.

That was why he was feeling smuggling was not part of it as Nira thought. He had not said anything because the Captain was there.

"And if he is being watched, who's watching him?" She asked, though she was able to come to that conclusion quickly, remembering the way the Romulans everywhere were looking at the away team.

Oh. No there she goes now, he thought. She means well, but burying yourself with questions and riddles will drown you. That what he thought.

"Maybe, just maybe," she said in a lower voice, "if he is being watched...I did indicate earlier that this place is one possible place for criminals to lie low, but perhaps there could also be Romulans with ill feeling toward the Federation, maybe even from one of the different Romulan factions who don't recognize the Free State. Maybe the reason they're taking so long is because the refugees are being a thorn on his side, emphasizing his presence isn't welcome.

"I concur that it's horrible the way the refugees are living," Nira added, noting Torra's comment, "maybe that's why they are so disgruntled. Maybe the refugees are watching Travid. Maybe there's some animosity toward him because he's cheating them or something. I could throw out hypothesis after hypothesis all day long, but we don't know enough about what in Allah's name is going on around here. A concrete case can't be formed without sufficient evidence, let alone information."

Don had to let it out. “It could be that they did something to the planet? Or the atmosphere a Science thing,” then he looked at the Captain, the Commander and Torra. They were all hands on science.

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2020, 04:49:25 am »
Ensign Danjar-Torra
[Policyon II - outside the dome]

Torra would be disgruntled too, if she'd lost her home, if her government was in shambles and if a former enemy was called in to help terraform her planet but then in 5 years they only managed to reclaim enough land for just themselves and not the people they were supposed to be helping.   It must be appalling to see their Federation 'saviors' living in comparative luxury while they struggled to survive. 

[Planet side]

“No. He had not,” he replied. Nira had new direction to pick at. He had wondered does her head ever stop thinking or analyze every little detail. They need to observe more and what he understand they are not supposed to be involved. They where he for the Romulans behalf. These people could be not happy what they got. Or perhaps they living the life of twenty century on earth. You had to work to earn a wage. Get paid. Pay bills and all the things. He was not all sure how they lived in those days. That sounded like money was their ‘slave’.  It had power over them.

No. That was not all true. He had to work earn wage. He had his space racer the Flaming Addams. Which died on a planet where the Captain found him. That had freed him from the world of smuggling.

That was why he was feeling smuggling was not part of it as Nira thought. He had not said anything because the Captain was there.

Oh. No there she goes now, he thought. She means well, but burying yourself with questions and riddles will drown you. That what he thought.

Don had to let it out. “It could be that they did something to the planet? Or the atmosphere a Science thing,” then he looked at the Captain, the Commander and Torra. They were all hands on science.

Torra had very little experience with Science - which was part of the problem with this mission.  There was very little that Torra felt that she could do here.    She wasn't an investigator like Nari.  Science wasn't her thing.  Torra in essence felt useless. 

What Torra was, instead, was a people person.  So Torra moved away from the others in the group and calmly approached a group of the Romulan refugees.  She dipped her head slightly in polite greeting.  "Jolan tru." she spoke to them in their native tongue.  She'd learned a few polite words and phrases while having a Romulan Security Chief on Challenger nearly 2 years ago. "My name Torra.  Ensign Danjar-Torra Addams of the USS Discovery.  We were sent here by your government because of how little progress has been made with the terraforming of your planet. They are concerned.  I was wondering if you would be willing to speak to us?  Your thoughts and suggestions could be useful in getting things sped up and back on track."
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 04:50:38 am by Danjar-Torra »

Offline Luby Wentock

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • "Damn it, man, I'm a doctor, not a technician..."
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2020, 10:48:10 am »
[Lieutenant JG Savar {NPC} | Deflector Array Corridor | Deck Fifteen | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

Savar raised an eyebrow at that. He definitely didn't get the memo, and for all he knew, she brought herself over to deflector control to get to know him, even start an intimate relationship. As logical as her excuse was, Savar was a little leery.

"No, I didn't get the memo," he said. "I'll have to speak to her later on that regard. And bear a mind, we are here to work as colleagues."

[PO3 Prisaar {NPC} | Deflector Array Corridor | Deck Fifteen | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

Glad that he wouldn't see, since it was a) under her tunic collar and b) at the back of her neck, thus behind her when facing the lieutentant, Prisaar's hackles came up a little at Savar's comment.  While he was good looking, she had a boyfriend back on DS9 in the Engineering department!

"I assure you, I'm here to work.  I'm sorry if I came across as overly friendly, it's something my boyfriend chides me about quite frequently when we get the opportunity to meet, which seeing as he works on DS9, isn't that often!  K'Mau, that's my boyfriend, says I'm overly friendly, I tease back saying he should see me when I'm being overly friendly!  I'm just bubbly by nature, I'm sorry. Especially when I'm enthusiastic about something, and I do really want to learn because I have..."

The young Caitian searched for a suitable word to fit the bill.

"...holes in my knowledge.  As for the memo, she only sent it just before I went for my break so might be on your PADD now.  It was a collaborative idea between Lt. Halverstrom and myself that I work in different departments and areas for say a week at a time so I learn how Science and other departments can interact and work for the best streamlined performance for the ship."

She gave a smile trying to keep her fangs from showing, most people saw fangs as something threatening!

"So, what we working on today, and if I'm overly bubbly, I won't take it amiss if you tell me to tone it down, but that offer of going for a drink... as colleagues... sometime still stands, I prefer to be friendly with people I work with!  By the way, have you seen Ensign Danjar-Addams since that day?  I wonder how she is?!  Happier I hope since her husband will be back on the ship now presumably."

" Thank you I will" With that Gohun started to leave sickbay on the way to his next shift.

[Sickbay - Earlier.  Cadet Luby Wentock]

Luby gave a small chuckle "Yeah, I have things to treat a rash, but I can't treat dead... not even with my D&D Necromancer!" she said referring to the Terran table top role play game she used to play back home with her siblings.

"Well if you develop a rash, you know where to come, and while we hope we don't have to deal with you being not well... you're welcome anytime!" the cadet said with a smile.  She thought the Crewman was at least pleasant in giving decent answers, some people were so dour when coming to Sickbay for routine stuff.

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2020, 10:34:12 am »

[Planet side]

[Outside the Dome - Capital City - Policyon II]

"Alright you two, let's save the speculation away from listening ears.  Let's just collect the sample and head back." the Captain stated, looking around at both the people moving about their lives and the giant dome next to them.. with the people inside.

He turned as Torra walked over to the first person she saw, and hit bit his lower lip.  "Ensign!" he called out, trying to get her attention.

Ensign Danjar-Torra

Torra would be disgruntled too, if she'd lost her home, if her government was in shambles and if a former enemy was called in to help terraform her planet but then in 5 years they only managed to reclaim enough land for just themselves and not the people they were supposed to be helping.   It must be appalling to see their Federation 'saviors' living in comparative luxury while they struggled to survive. 

Torra had very little experience with Science - which was part of the problem with this mission.  There was very little that Torra felt that she could do here.    She wasn't an investigator like Nari.  Science wasn't her thing.  Torra in essence felt useless. 

What Torra was, instead, was a people person.  So Torra moved away from the others in the group and calmly approached a group of the Romulan refugees.  She dipped her head slightly in polite greeting.  "Jolan tru." she spoke to them in their native tongue.  She'd learned a few polite words and phrases while having a Romulan Security Chief on Challenger nearly 2 years ago. "My name Torra.  Ensign Danjar-Torra Addams of the USS Discovery.  We were sent here by your government because of how little progress has been made with the terraforming of your planet. They are concerned.  I was wondering if you would be willing to speak to us?  Your thoughts and suggestions could be useful in getting things sped up and back on track."

NPC - Romulan Refugee

The man looked at the Federation officer, and gave a sour look.  "Don't... don't say that to me.  You have no idea what it means." he said, glancing up at the dome.  It was clear that he didn't want to talk much, but she did ask a question.

"What is there to say?  Our homes were destroyed by Hobus, and it followed us here.  Do you have proof of their concerns?  There has been full transparency and no one, not even your Federation, seems to know exactly what has happened to this planet.  We're doing our best, but with no oversight from any government, people care less about their home and more about surviving the next day.  That is all." he said, turning and leaving. 

The Captain still called her over, and once everyone was back together, Nevir tapped his badge to beam the away team back up.

"Get science to study those soil samples.  Commander, I want you to handle the studies.  I will report back to the Free State and Starfleet, and see what is our next move... if there is one.  At this point, we have no real reason to assume foul play." the Captain stated, turning and leaving to his own quarters. 

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Lek smiled at Felder as it seemed like he grasped what he was trying to say.

"Thank you Commander, that makes perfect sense as wherever they have their operations concentrated, that has to be important to them. Once we know what's important, then we can finally understand what is going on here, because I can tell you, it certainly isn't planetary clean up."

[Bridge - Deck 1 - USS Discovery - Commander Felder]

"Lieutenant... I've found 12 different spots around the planet.  There are is a cluster of 4 of them on one of the southern continents... but I can't get any readings.  My guess is geologic equipment, but I can't explain why they are so close to each other." the Security Chief stated, looking up at the Engineer.

• Approved Applicants
  • Honoured Member
  • Test
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2020, 12:45:17 pm »

"Alright you two, let's save the speculation away from listening ears.  Let's just collect the sample and head back." the Captain stated, looking around at both the people moving about their lives and the giant dome next to them.. with the people inside.

He turned as Torra walked over to the first person she saw, and hit bit his lower lip.  "Ensign!" he called out, trying to get her attention.

NPC - Romulan Refugee

The man looked at the Federation officer, and gave a sour look.  "Don't... don't say that to me.  You have no idea what it means." he said, glancing up at the dome.  It was clear that he didn't want to talk much, but she did ask a question.

"What is there to say?  Our homes were destroyed by Hobus, and it followed us here.  Do you have proof of their concerns?  There has been full transparency and no one, not even your Federation, seems to know exactly what has happened to this planet.  We're doing our best, but with no oversight from any government, people care less about their home and more about surviving the next day.  That is all." he said, turning and leaving. 

The Captain still called her over, and once everyone was back together, Nevir tapped his badge to beam the away team back up.

"Get science to study those soil samples.  Commander, I want you to handle the studies.  I will report back to the Free State and Starfleet, and see what is our next move... if there is one.  At this point, we have no real reason to assume foul play." the Captain stated, turning and leaving to his own quarters. 

[USS Discovery - Transporter room]

"Commander, here is my small rock," he hand it to her. "Please can I have it back. I would to start a rock collection of planets I visited."

The mission so far had seemed to be a success. They came to observe. Gather samples from planet. Torra had talked to a local which was not brought up. That was up to Torra. Then he looked at Torra. "You going for a quick snack?" he asked her. "Or you planning to join the Commander?" he would not blame her. He knew she was curious but she was more operations.

Offline Nira Said

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2020, 05:47:15 pm »
Ensign Danjar-Torra

NPC - Romulan Refugee

[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Outside the Dome | Policyon II | Hobus Region]

Nira started at the Captain's statement. She realized there would, indeed, be people listening. Regardless of her lowering tone, she realized that, volume of voice or not, the Romulan refugees could hear them. If only we all could discuss things telepathically...or just between minds, she thought to herself. Best way to discuss things without running the risk of being overheard. But that usually requires permission.

Then she saw the Captain notice Torra trying to talk to a Romulan refugee, as well as his reaction. And she shared his reaction. Torra may be sociable, but they weren't supposed to be making friends. It wasn't the time to chat. Nira approached Torra to get her, seeing as she didn't acknowledge the Captain's call at first. She drew close as Torra chatted, but she stopped when she heard the Romulan Torra was chatting with.

In fact, it wasn't so much the words that gave her pause, but the emotions she felt from the refugee. It seemed like the refugees were more than just refugees. They had no idea what was happening. She realized that for all the refugees knew, they were the only ones left of the Romulan Star Empire. They knew nothing of any faction, any government, any formation of a Romulan body politick.

Hearing the Captain calling again as the refugee departed, Nira said, "Ensign! The Captain's calling!" Hopefully it was enough to get her back over. And once they did, they assembled to beam up. Nira knew exactly what to privde in her report to Commander Felder.

[PO3 Prisaar {NPC} | Deflector Array Corridor | Deck Fifteen | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

Glad that he wouldn't see, since it was a) under her tunic collar and b) at the back of her neck, thus behind her when facing the lieutentant, Prisaar's hackles came up a little at Savar's comment.  While he was good looking, she had a boyfriend back on DS9 in the Engineering department!

"I assure you, I'm here to work.  I'm sorry if I came across as overly friendly, it's something my boyfriend chides me about quite frequently when we get the opportunity to meet, which seeing as he works on DS9, isn't that often!  K'Mau, that's my boyfriend, says I'm overly friendly, I tease back saying he should see me when I'm being overly friendly!  I'm just bubbly by nature, I'm sorry. Especially when I'm enthusiastic about something, and I do really want to learn because I have..."

The young Caitian searched for a suitable word to fit the bill.

"...holes in my knowledge.  As for the memo, she only sent it just before I went for my break so might be on your PADD now.  It was a collaborative idea between Lt. Halverstrom and myself that I work in different departments and areas for say a week at a time so I learn how Science and other departments can interact and work for the best streamlined performance for the ship."

She gave a smile trying to keep her fangs from showing, most people saw fangs as something threatening!

"So, what we working on today, and if I'm overly bubbly, I won't take it amiss if you tell me to tone it down, but that offer of going for a drink... as colleagues... sometime still stands, I prefer to be friendly with people I work with!  By the way, have you seen Ensign Danjar-Addams since that day?  I wonder how she is?!  Happier I hope since her husband will be back on the ship now presumably."

[Lieutenant JG Savar {NPC} | Deflector Array Corridor | Deck Fifteen | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

Savar blinked in surprise. "My apologies, Petty Officer," he said, a little embarrassed. "I had assumed you were flirting with me. I didn't know you had a boyfriend and I didn't know better."
Acting Captain of the USS Revenant
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2020, 06:22:01 pm »

[Bridge - Deck 1 - USS Discovery - Commander Felder]

"Lieutenant... I've found 12 different spots around the planet.  There are is a cluster of 4 of them on one of the southern continents... but I can't get any readings.  My guess is geologic equipment, but I can't explain why they are so close to each other." the Security Chief stated, looking up at the Engineer.

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Lek listened to Felder and while his report was useful, it wasn't detailed enough to provide any answers, but that led to an idea that might resolve the scanning issue.

"Commander, I believe if you launch a Class V Reconnaissance probe over the cluster of four location, I believe you will get enough resolution to get a better look at whatever they are doing at that site. We're close to an answer and I want to exhaust every option we have before the Captain gets back."
Alt of Ian Galloway

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2020, 10:07:27 pm »
Ensign Danjar-Torra

With Torra's attention on the Romulan and just her still apparent newness with being an officer now (even after a half a year) Torra didn't clue in that the Captain's sharp call was intended for her.

NPC - Romulan Refugee

[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Outside the Dome | Policyon II | Hobus Region]

Nira started at the Captain's statement. She realized there would, indeed, be people listening. Regardless of her lowering tone, she realized that, volume of voice or not, the Romulan refugees could hear them. If only we all could discuss things telepathically...or just between minds, she thought to herself. Best way to discuss things without running the risk of being overheard. But that usually requires permission.

Then she saw the Captain notice Torra trying to talk to a Romulan refugee, as well as his reaction. And she shared his reaction. Torra may be sociable, but they weren't supposed to be making friends. It wasn't the time to chat. Nira approached Torra to get her, seeing as she didn't acknowledge the Captain's call at first. She drew close as Torra chatted, but she stopped when she heard the Romulan Torra was chatting with.

In fact, it wasn't so much the words that gave her pause, but the emotions she felt from the refugee. It seemed like the refugees were more than just refugees. They had no idea what was happening. She realized that for all the refugees knew, they were the only ones left of the Romulan Star Empire. They knew nothing of any faction, any government, any formation of a Romulan body politick.

Hearing the Captain calling again as the refugee departed, Nira said, "Ensign! The Captain's calling!" Hopefully it was enough to get her back over. And once they did, they assembled to beam up. Nira knew exactly what to provide in her report to Commander Felder.

Torra weathered the Romulan's anger at the use of the greeting and then listened to his summary of their day to day existence.  She felt a swell of sympathy for his situation - though she doubted he would appreciate that fact.  When he turned away, she didn't attempt to regain his attention.  She might have tried to approach another - they might have a different perspective - but Nira, unexpectedly just behind her, pointed out the Captain's calling to her.

Torra hurried back to the group and dipped her head toward the Captain."My apologies for keeping you waiting, sir."

Torra nodded at the order and looked to T'Lara as the lead.  "Which lab do you want me to bring them to?"

[USS Discovery - Transporter room]

"Commander, here is my small rock," he hand it to her. "Please can I have it back. I would to start a rock collection of planets I visited."

The mission so far had seemed to be a success. They came to observe. Gather samples from planet. Torra had talked to a local which was not brought up. That was up to Torra. Then he looked at Torra. "You going for a quick snack?" he asked her. "Or you planning to join the Commander?" he would not blame her. He knew she was curious but she was more operations.

"I should go with the Commander to ensure that she understands my labeling of the samples."  Torra had taken more than just two samples.  She'd sampled various soil and mineral types both in and out of the dome and she wanted to be certain that the Commander knew which samples were which.

"But once that is done, I would love to grab a snack with you.  I shouldn't be too long.  Will you wait?  Or perhaps come with?"

• Approved Applicants
  • Honoured Member
  • Test
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2020, 01:08:27 am »
Ensign Danjar-Torra

With Torra's attention on the Romulan and just her still apparent newness with being an officer now (even after a half a year) Torra didn't clue in that the Captain's sharp call was intended for her.

Torra weathered the Romulan's anger at the use of the greeting and then listened to his summary of their day to day existence.  She felt a swell of sympathy for his situation - though she doubted he would appreciate that fact.  When he turned away, she didn't attempt to regain his attention.  She might have tried to approach another - they might have a different perspective - but Nira, unexpectedly just behind her, pointed out the Captain's calling to her.

Torra hurried back to the group and dipped her head toward the Captain."My apologies for keeping you waiting, sir."

Torra nodded at the order and looked to T'Lara as the lead.  "Which lab do you want me to bring them to?"

"I should go with the Commander to ensure that she understands my labeling of the samples."  Torra had taken more than just two samples.  She'd sampled various soil and mineral types both in and out of the dome and she wanted to be certain that the Commander knew which samples were which.

"But once that is done, I would love to grab a snack with you.  I shouldn't be too long.  Will you wait?  Or perhaps come with?"

[USS Discovery]

“No. I can wait. I can do some paper work,” he replied. Truth to be told. He had not wanted to go because it seemed to be odd. He had not wanted people to assume he was to attach to his wife. Which he would love too. The duty comes first and his wife comes in second. But when he is off duty she was his first priority. Not want to have a red alert with her.

“Though be careful with my pet rock,” he told her. There was a wink. “I do hope you won’t find any wrong with the samples.” He nodded to her. Deep down he so wanted to give her a passion kiss. That was too off boundaries.

He had watched them leave as he headed to the helm. He figured he give Ensign Bok-Char a small break. Then he could check on his staff from the console.

Offline Ashley Weir

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2020, 02:35:18 am »
[Counselors Office - Moments Earlier]

The door hissed open as Ashley entered the smaller modified storage room. The former counselor, an old friend of hers, had left the setup of the office as he liked it when he was transferred to another posting to serve under some rising star Admiral. She had actually ended up on this posting at his personal recommendation as he left.

She glanced around the office for a moment and smiled softly. One thing the two of them had in common was their meticulous organization with everything. It was actually something they had bonded over at the academy. Everything was in it's place already which would allow her to slip into the work much more quickly than she otherwise would be able to. But before that of course, she had to get a physical. Something she had put off until the last possible moment. The implant that gave her the ability to hear was still relatively new and many medical officers still didn't know how to work with it. She had unfortunately had a few to many experiences with doctors that didn't know what they were doing suddenly triggering a feedback loop inside the implant to want to actively seek out her physical. With hesitation she placed her PADD on the desk and then swiftly turned around to exit the room.

[Medbay - Present]

Weir entered the room nervously. She hoped that whoever did her physical would just avoid the implant, but she also knew that was highly unlikely. She stepped out of the door frame and stood in the corner of the room as she prayed that maybe she just wouldn't be noticed at all.

Offline Luby Wentock

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • "Damn it, man, I'm a doctor, not a technician..."
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2020, 08:04:11 am »

Savar blinked in surprise. "My apologies, Petty Officer," he said, a little embarrassed. "I had assumed you were flirting with me. I didn't know you had a boyfriend and I didn't know better."

"Hey don't worry about it, and if it's any consolation, you are good looking and if I wasn't on duty and already have a boyfriend I might have considered it!" Prisaar said in what she hoped was a friendly and comforting manner.

"But while I'd like to work with someone that I get along with, maybe even could consider a friend,.. maybe we should actually do some work?  What's on the agenda in the Deflector Array diary today?!"

Prisaar kept the tone light but hoped that talking about work would make the Lieutenant less flustered and able to concentrate on what she had come to believe that Vulcans loved above all else - duty and order.

A little of the jovial Prisaar shone through though and she had to ask one last question.

"May I ask though, Lieutenant, while I realise that a certain amount of seriousness should be attached to one's demeanour when on duty, in my experience I've never seen a Vulcan smile... do they lack the muscles to do so?  I don't mean to be rude if I tell any Vulcan to smile and they actually can't!"

[Medbay - Present]

Weir entered the room nervously. She hoped that whoever did her physical would just avoid the implant, but she also knew that was highly unlikely. She stepped out of the door frame and stood in the corner of the room as she prayed that maybe she just wouldn't be noticed at all.

[Sickbay]

Luby noticed the movement of a woman coming into Sickbay and smiled over at her.

"Hi, have you come for a radiation treatment? I thought I'd done all of them! I see you're wearing the best colour..." the cadet nodded at the blue collar of the woman's uniform.

"Science or Medical?" she asked keeping her tone light.  "I know Counsellor Masters was transferred,.." she didn't go into details that Zed and she had had a relationship starting, that was personal information she wasn't happy giving out to a new face.

"...so... I'm taking a stab in the dark here and saying you might be our new counsellor, either way... welcome to Sickbay!"

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2020, 09:01:07 am »
[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Lek listened to Felder and while his report was useful, it wasn't detailed enough to provide any answers, but that led to an idea that might resolve the scanning issue.

"Commander, I believe if you launch a Class V Reconnaissance probe over the cluster of four location, I believe you will get enough resolution to get a better look at whatever they are doing at that site. We're close to an answer and I want to exhaust every option we have before the Captain gets back."

[Deck 1 - Main Bridge - USS Discovery - Commander Felder]

Felder looked at Lek with a curiosity.  There was something about that cluster that did warrant a check... but there was one hiccup.

"Sir, I should point out that aiming a probe at any location on the planet will more than likely alert GU that we are looking for something.  If they are hiding something, pointing a probe at that location may alert them to cover their tracks.  We don't want them to know we suspect something."

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles