Author Topic: Season 14, Episode 2: Delusions  (Read 32296 times)

Offline Nira Said

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 14, Episode 2: Delusions
« Reply #255 on: September 15, 2020, 12:04:05 pm »
[USS Allegheny en route to Fi'Turs]

Lek frowned at the order as he believed the captain didn't have all the information he needed to make the best decision, so he replied with what he knew of the situation.

"Sir, the survivors aren't quite hostile, but they are unfriendly and I believe it would be useful for us to join the other away team. Now that I've shut down one of the emitters, I'm familiar enough with the local technology to be of assistance. I request to join the other team by beam down alone if you don't want to have two full teams on Fi'Turs."

Lek wasn't certain why he'd volunteered, the words were out his mouth before he realized what he was saying.

"Too late now, have to live with whichever option the Captain chooses."

He thought as he waited for the captain to reply.
[Deck 1 - Main Bridge - USS Discovery]

Nevir sighed, and shook his head. 

"While I appreciate your expertise, I need that expertise up here.  We have significant damage to the nacelles, and I need to be able to get out of this system as soon as possible.  You disabled one beam, but we are still sitting ducks.  Return to the ship... all of you.  I have absolute faith in Commander T'Lara's skill in both diplomacy and technical expertise." he ordered, closing the channel. 
[USS Allegheny]

Lek listened to the captain and figured he knew something he didn't as he wasn't even aware of who was on the other away team.

=/\= "Understood Captain. We will be there shortly." =/\=

Lek turned to Don and said the obvious.

"Looks like we're not needed...yet. Take us back to Discovery Lieutenant."
[USS Amazing Alleghany]

The message was quick to get his attention. He scanned at first cause he figured it would be an easy read. Then he last part was desperation from his wife. She seemed to need her. That was unlike her. What was wrong? What could happen? Damn. She hurt herself. Something was terrible wrong with her head.

He paused as he heard the Captain was telling them head back to the Discovery. The ship was damage. Of course it was. How could he be that dumb. They had the major game player in Engineering in the shuttle.

"Aye, Lieutenant Lek heading to home base," he had to say it. Feeling Lek giving him a odd look. "Sorry. Slang words from a Holodeck with Commander...I mean, Captain Ian Galloway. Miss Said had mentioned once."

As he set coordinates for the shuttle to Discovery he had made it fast trip for the sake for Torra's sake over the Captain's sake. The ship was important, but he had Torra on his heart first. The damage nacelles was the good excuse to make things haste.

He was nervous about Torra. He loved her. The pain of something was wrong hurting him not knowing.

To: Ensign Danjar-Torra Addams

My sweat love, I am on my way. Thought we needed to assist the Commander. I try to be quick.

Love,

Don

Now, he needed his attention placing the shuttle safely in the shuttle bay. The parking was little tight, but he had made her land quickly so Lek could get out. Then he had to report the Bridge cause he was senior staff. His mind was filled worried about Torra, but he to tell himself that had to wait.

[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Runabout Allegheny | En Route to USS Discovery NCC-78393-B | Ri'lowo System, close to Fi'turs]

So much for needing at least one of us at the planet, thought Nira. Pity. T'Lara's away team could use Lek's expertise, but depending on how much damage Discovery has, Lek will likely be more needed there than Fi'turs. Same with Don; the Discovery needs its helmsman. I could be needed at Tactical..."

As Don plotted course for Discovery, Nira sensed something. She felt a wave of worry emitting from him. And she could see writing on the console in front of him, her keen eyes of detection of small details seeing them. She couldn't see the words, but she can see how they were arranged: A message. Most likely from Torra.

And judging from the amount of worry from Don, it could mean something happened to Torra.

Nira leaned back in her chair, suddenly feeling worried about Torra as well. She had good reason as much as Don: Torra was Nira's best friend. But she pushed the feelings aside; whatever problem with Torra and Don was worried that much, it's just between the two of them. Nira, for her part, had a lot more things to worry about, most notably duty.
Acting Captain of the USS Revenant
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Offline T'Lara

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: September 15, 2020, 11:25:50 pm »

The Captain looked at her with a gaze of understanding.  "My apologies, Ensign.  I just thought you would like to be back up here... when your husband returns." he said, holding his hand towards the ops station.

As she took her seat, Nevir turned towards the engineering station. "We should have more of a strength against the beam.  Engage impulse engines to keep us here... to give the other team time to take down that beam.  Otherwise... we may have to land on Fi'Turs... and I would really like to not have to do that."

[Beam Facility - Polar City - Fi'Turs]

The leader crooked his head... he did not expect to hear this personal of a question from a stranger.  He was hesitant, but nodded.

"I am Myr-sa." he stated, before the First Office requested to speak privately with their team.  It didn't seem like they were here to subjugate them like the Ri'lowo, so for the moment, the Us-shal were willing to cautiously allow.

T'Lara didn't know exactly the reason why she asked the leader for his name, other than purely for diplomatic reasons. It simply sounded more professional to address the alien by his name. She was once again peacefully given permission to carry on her affairs with her team in private, of that she was grateful.

[Polar City - Fi'Turs]]

Anastasia followed her companions a short ways away from the Us-shal but made sure to keep an eye on them. Giving a nervous chuckle, she scratched the back of her neck and offered, "Vell Kommandor, zhe Prime Directive says ve are not to be interfering vis zhe normal development and healzhy development of a species." After pausing to give a chagrined smile, she continued, "I am zhinking zhat zhis is not a healzhy or normal development, да? Besides, it is easier to break a zhing zhen to understand it, so, if zhey are incapable of breaking into zhe building zhen zhey likely von't be able to learn anyzhing from it. At least not until zhey vere getting in on zheir own anyvay," she finished with a shrug. Anastasia was completely aware that it was all semantics and technicalities but it was a way out the sorely needed.

[Polar City - Fi'Turs]]
[As Cadet Luby Wentock]

"I'm of the same way of thinking as Petty Officer Zhestakova, mostly.  But at the same time I'm wondering how much of it is justifying a means to an end with technicalities, and do these people want to be helped?  However, like the Petty Officer says, this is not a normal situation.  I suppose it depends how much we think it will interfere, and if it will be a positive intervention, or how much we chan do it without  exposing them to our tech and so on." Luby said with a ponderable look on her face.

"Ultimately, I have to quote my father, my mother's husband that is... 'It's tough at the top and the more letters after your name, and the bigger the office, the more weight on your shoulders.'  Translated to Starfleet  - the more pips on your collar, the more responsibility, as in, ultimately while we can advise, it's up to you... sorry!" she added with a sad smile at the Vulcanoid Executive Officer.

The Vulcan XO listened to her team's comments, mostly mirroring her own but with a couple good points added. Sh found herself leaning towards Luby's opinion, in that if they could do it without exposing too much of their tech they should give it a try. They hadn't received any communication from the ship or the other away team and they didn't know when or if they would. They didn't even know what state the Discovery was in. They needed a quick fix. Any consequences would have to be dealt with as they came. She did want to voice her one objection, however. Even though as XO and leader of this away party she would be solely responsible, she still felt she owed it to her team.

"Thank you for your thoughts. I also had similar ones and I am aware, Cadet, that the decision is ultimately mine to make. However, I value the opinions of the people I serve with and I have taken yours into consideration. We will help these people in a way that will limit the amount of exposure to Federation technology. One objection I had to this solution is the resulting effect on the cultures of both the people here on Fi'Turs and on Ri'lowo. It is possible that the Ri'lowo are naturally a stronger race and are meant to maintain a hierarchy over the Fi'Turs. However 'unfair' it may be, that is simply the way it must be in some instances. I do not have enough information to make an informed decision based on this concern. However, I would prefer to have a ship to return to, and this is the best way to ensure that outcome."

After such a long-winded speech, T'Lara gave Luby and Anastasia a moment to ask any questions or make any further objections before they returned to Myr-sa and his group.

"Thank you for your patience," she stated evenly. "We may have a way to give you both of the things that you desire. If you allow us, we will attempt to disable this emitter. If our people have done what we've expected of them than we will be able to leave. Does this interest you?"

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Offline Danjar-Torra Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Authorization: Tango Delta Two Three Three Five
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: September 16, 2020, 03:49:21 am »
Ensign Danjar-Torra Addams
[USS Discovery - Deck One - Bridge]

Nevir sighed, and shook his head. 

"While I appreciate your expertise, I need that expertise up here.  We have significant damage to the nacelles, and I need to be able to get out of this system as soon as possible.  You disabled one beam, but we are still sitting ducks.  Return to the ship... all of you.  I have absolute faith in Commander T'Lara's skill in both diplomacy and technical expertise." he ordered, closing the channel. 

"Start scans of the planet Ri'lowo... let me know what you find in the polar city." he ordered.  While they were there, might as well complete the missing database information.

Watching her console for a reply from Don, Torra glanced up after the Captain answered Lieutenant Lek, as he then called out to the bridge crew to run scans of the planet.  Such a task could be done for any number of departments - Science, Ops... even Tactical.  But it was Torra, desperate for a distraction, that answered first.  "Aye sir,  I'm on it."

She ran scans of the planet, in particular around the polar region where the city ruins were now visible to the sensors.   M-class planet in the recovery stages of a nuclear fallout.   Plants, insects and small rodents and opportunistic mammals were detected on the surface.  But it was the underground that caught Torra's attention most.  The sensors showed under the ruins a veritable warren of tunnels or rather two distinct warrens.  There were multiple lifesigns in each.  All this she forwarded in a summary to the Captain.

To: Ensign Danjar-Torra Addams

My sweat love, I am on my way. Thought we needed to assist the Commander. I try to be quick.

Love,

Don

A chime on her console let Torra know that she had a message.  Reading through it, Torra smiled in relief.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 03:53:26 am by Danjar-Torra »
Danjar-Torra's Bio - Grazerite female 6'6' (1.98m) - Alt of ShranLahr ch'Verret

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: September 16, 2020, 09:07:20 am »

T'Lara didn't know exactly the reason why she asked the leader for his name, other than purely for diplomatic reasons. It simply sounded more professional to address the alien by his name. She was once again peacefully given permission to carry on her affairs with her team in private, of that she was grateful.

The Vulcan XO listened to her team's comments, mostly mirroring her own but with a couple good points added. Sh found herself leaning towards Luby's opinion, in that if they could do it without exposing too much of their tech they should give it a try. They hadn't received any communication from the ship or the other away team and they didn't know when or if they would. They didn't even know what state the Discovery was in. They needed a quick fix. Any consequences would have to be dealt with as they came. She did want to voice her one objection, however. Even though as XO and leader of this away party she would be solely responsible, she still felt she owed it to her team.

"Thank you for your thoughts. I also had similar ones and I am aware, Cadet, that the decision is ultimately mine to make. However, I value the opinions of the people I serve with and I have taken yours into consideration. We will help these people in a way that will limit the amount of exposure to Federation technology. One objection I had to this solution is the resulting effect on the cultures of both the people here on Fi'Turs and on Ri'lowo. It is possible that the Ri'lowo are naturally a stronger race and are meant to maintain a hierarchy over the Fi'Turs. However 'unfair' it may be, that is simply the way it must be in some instances. I do not have enough information to make an informed decision based on this concern. However, I would prefer to have a ship to return to, and this is the best way to ensure that outcome."

After such a long-winded speech, T'Lara gave Luby and Anastasia a moment to ask any questions or make any further objections before they returned to Myr-sa and his group.

"Thank you for your patience," she stated evenly. "We may have a way to give you both of the things that you desire. If you allow us, we will attempt to disable this emitter. If our people have done what we've expected of them than we will be able to leave. Does this interest you?"

[Facility - Polar City - Fi'Turs]

There was clear annoyance of being ignored from the others, but the leader himself was quiet and calm.  His enemies didn't exactly give them this chance of quiet.  There was an interesting thing about this 'Prime Directive', as that was nothing the Ri'lowo had when it came to their first visit a couple hundred years ago. 

Myr-sa looked around at the others, and there was a visual disagreement and hesitation.  But ultimately, it did rest with him. 

"Alright, you can try... nothing we have tried has worked.  If you can though... you need to tell us how you did it so that we can dest-" he didn't get to finish as what had to have been a mortar landed near them, about a few buildings away. 

"The Ri'lowo-shal know you're here.  If you can take this thing down, do it, we'll hold them off.  For Fi'Turs!" he shouted, as the others turned and looked for where they were coming from.  In a few seconds, gun fire could be heard in the distance, and some of them took off in that direction to combat them. 

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: September 16, 2020, 12:15:20 pm »
[Shuttlebay --> Engineering - USS Discovery]

As soon as the shuttle landed, Lek was up and out the door, shouting over his shoulder as he exited to the other members of the away team.

"Nice working with you!"

He raced to the turbolift and entered engineering to find everyone deeply involved with repairs. He sought out Gianetti and asked.

"Report."

"The initial grab caught us by surprise and we had to put everything we had into shields and structural support. Only when we reversed the polarity on the shields were we able to slow being crushed. Then science came up with something and we've been in pretty decent condition since then. Until, you shut down the one emitter. That started pulling us toward the other planet. We're resisting, but once again, it's taking everything we have to not be pulled into the atmosphere. Captain hasn't called for us to set condition blue, so we're concentrating on staying ahead of the overloads resisting the tractor is causing."

"Well then, let's keep at that. Since you are at least treading water here, I'll head to the bridge to find out what the plan is. If anything important breaks, let me know."

Lek then headed for the bridge, arriving shortly thereafter and found things to be reasonably calm considering the situation they were in. He transferred engineering command functions to the bridge and addressed the captain.

"Sir, how can I help?"
Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline Don Damien Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Honoured Member
  • Test
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: September 16, 2020, 02:15:19 pm »

As soon as the shuttle landed, Lek was up and out the door, shouting over his shoulder as he exited to the other members of the away team.

"Nice working with you!"

He raced to the turbolift and entered engineering to find everyone deeply involved with repairs. He sought out Gianetti and asked.

"Report."

"The initial grab caught us by surprise and we had to put everything we had into shields and structural support. Only when we reversed the polarity on the shields were we able to slow being crushed. Then science came up with something and we've been in pretty decent condition since then. Until, you shut down the one emitter. That started pulling us toward the other planet. We're resisting, but once again, it's taking everything we have to not be pulled into the atmosphere. Captain hasn't called for us to set condition blue, so we're concentrating on staying ahead of the overloads resisting the tractor is causing."

"Well then, let's keep at that. Since you are at least treading water here, I'll head to the bridge to find out what the plan is. If anything important breaks, let me know."

Lek then headed for the bridge, arriving shortly thereafter and found things to be reasonably calm considering the situation they were in. He transferred engineering command functions to the bridge and addressed the captain.

"Sir, how can I help?"

[USS Discovery - Shuttle bay]

Ensign Bok-Char saw the Ferengi Chief Engineer run off. He watched him until the doors had swallowed the little fellow up. He had not shared his amazing stories to Lek yet.

"Yes. Everyone done a good job," Don told the rest of the team as they left the shuttle. Then as he exited the shuttle there was Ensign Bok-Char grinning and waving to the chief of their department.

"Oh. Glad to see you. You should had--" he was cut off by Don hold his right hand up to him.

"Please, Ensign, later, " he said annoyingly at the Bolian male. He handed the phaser to the Bolian. "Please put this away for me," he said. There was no time. He was still on duty and he needed get to the bridge to relieve Ensign Sivak.

[USS Discovery - Bridge]

The doors of bridge had opened. Don dark eyes caught that his wife was at her station. That was good. She was not in sick bay. But, still something was wrong with her message. He walked to the helm station.

Ensign Sivak  turned his head to see Lieutenant Addams standing there. He stood up, nodded to Don. "Sir," he said.

"Thank you Ensign, report to shuttle bay to assist  Bok-Char. And good job," he patted the Vulcan's right shoulder. The male Vulcan raised an eye brow. Then he left.

Don sat down and saw that the helm was in manual. Nice. Very good indeed. He turned to look at his wife to see if there was anything hint she was in trouble.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 02:30:31 pm by Don Damien Addams »

Offline Nira Said

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: September 16, 2020, 07:03:06 pm »

"Nice working with you!"

[USS Discovery - Shuttle bay]

Ensign Bok-Char saw the Ferengi Chief Engineer run off. He watched him until the doors had swallowed the little fellow up. He had not shared his amazing stories to Lek yet.

"Yes. Everyone done a good job," Don told the rest of the team as they left the shuttle. Then as he exited the shuttle there was Ensign Bok-Char grinning and waving to the chief of their department.

"Oh. Glad to see you. You should had--" he was cut off by Don hold his right hand up to him.

"Please, Ensign, later, " he said annoyingly at the Bolian male. He handed the phaser to the Bolian. "Please put this away for me," he said. There was no time. He was still on duty and he needed get to the bridge to relieve Ensign Sivak.

[USS Discovery - Bridge]

The doors of bridge had opened. Don dark eyes caught that his wife was at her station. That was good. She was not in sick bay. But, still something was wrong with her message. He walked to the helm station.

Ensign Sivak  turned his head to see Lieutenant Addams standing there. He stood up, nodded to Don. "Sir," he said.

"Thank you Ensign, report to shuttle bay to assist  Bok-Char. And good job," he patted the Vulcan's right shoulder. The male Vulcan raised an eye brow. Then he left.

Don sat down and saw that the helm was in manual. Nice. Very good indeed. He turned to look at his wife to see if there was anything hint she was in trouble.
[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Bridge | Deck One | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

Once the runabout had returned to the ship, Nira made her way to the Bridge, acknowledging Lek's farewell as she did so when he brought it up, but not before she returned her phasers to the runabout's armory; now that Lek had disabled the emitter on Ri'lowo, they were no longer needed. She joined Don on the turbolift to the bridge and once there, he took his usual station while Nira merely stood before the Captain; she wasn't sure if she was to remain on the bridge for the rest of her appointed shift. Plus, she could see Commander Felder was still not on the bridge.

She noticed Torra as she entered the bridge. Something was definitely wrong with her; Nira felt sad emotions from her, a wave of sadness of sorts; she imagined a droplet hitting water and the waves sent out a sort of emotion, and in this case, it was some kind of sadness, Nira couldn't place it. She wondered if Torra got news of a death of a loved on in her family...or something...she usually sensed such emotions when a person received news of a death of any sort, she remembered from the Academy in her fellow cadets. She couldn't pinpoint what kind of sad emotion it was; she wasn't about to dwell on it internally on duty: again, she reminded herself, it was between her and Don. But Nira did plan on dropping in a visit to her when they were all off-duty, unless it would be preferable that she and Don be left alone.

"Captain, reporting back from away team," she said, turning to Captain Tekin. "Permission to resume my bridge duties?"

After all, Captain Tekin sent her with the away team, but she stood by in case he didn't want her on the bridge or if he wanted a report.

"Sir, how can I help?"
Nira noticed Lieutenant Lek coming up to the bridge. She stood back a little so he would receive orders from the Captain. After all, he outranked her, there were bound to be important duties the Captain could send him, or the Captain will request a report more likely from Lek...though there was a chance that he'd want views from Nira, as well as Don.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 07:12:08 pm by Nira Said »
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Three year award Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2020, 12:02:53 pm »

"Nice working with you!"

"Report."

"Sir, how can I help?"

Once the runabout had returned to the ship, Nira made her way to the Bridge, acknowledging Lek's farewell as she did so when he brought it up, but not before she returned her phasers to the runabout's armory; now that Lek had disabled the emitter on Ri'lowo, they were no longer needed. She joined Don on the turbolift to the bridge and once there, he took his usual station while Nira merely stood before the Captain; she wasn't sure if she was to remain on the bridge for the rest of her appointed shift. Plus, she could see Commander Felder was still not on the bridge.

She noticed Torra as she entered the bridge. Something was definitely wrong with her; Nira felt sad emotions from her, a wave of sadness of sorts; she imagined a droplet hitting water and the waves sent out a sort of emotion, and in this case, it was some kind of sadness, Nira couldn't place it. She wondered if Torra got news of a death of a loved on in her family...or something...she usually sensed such emotions when a person received news of a death of any sort, she remembered from the Academy in her fellow cadets. She couldn't pinpoint what kind of sad emotion it was; she wasn't about to dwell on it internally on duty: again, she reminded herself, it was between her and Don. But Nira did plan on dropping in a visit to her when they were all off-duty, unless it would be preferable that she and Don be left alone.

"Captain, reporting back from away team," she said, turning to Captain Tekin. "Permission to resume my bridge duties?"

After all, Captain Tekin sent her with the away team, but she stood by in case he didn't want her on the bridge or if he wanted a report.Nira noticed Lieutenant Lek coming up to the bridge. She stood back a little so he would receive orders from the Captain. After all, he outranked her, there were bound to be important duties the Captain could send him, or the Captain will request a report more likely from Lek...though there was a chance that he'd want views from Nira, as well as Don.

It was a relief to see Lek and Addams walking onto the bridge, though Said's entrance did not go unnoticed by Felder, who tried to catch her attention and call her over. 

The Captain nodded to Lek at his question.  "Oversee the engineering station and coordinate repair crews.  We need to get the warp core started as soon as possible so we aren't stuck here too long.  Already I'm not convinced our luck will hold out before someone finds us and wants to take advantage of our current situation.  We need to make sure all nacelles are functional so we don't blow the ship with an unregulated warp feedback." he stated, keeping his eyes on the viewscreen.

"Commander T'Lara has a team down on Fi'Turs... I'm confident that they will be able to figure out the same solution that you came up with."

Meanwhile, Felder spoke quietly with Said.  "You realize that Adams and Lek are department heads, right?  They are expected to be on the bridge.  Not junior officers unless they are called.  Here.. get on the secondary station." he stated, gesturing to the station next to him.  "You're not a senior officer... yet.  But you have seriously improved since you first came onboard.  I'm just about ready to submit for a promotion, just need you to remember the chain of command and report to me remotely when you return, instead of coming onto the bridge.  Do that, and I can assure you I will make sure you earn your place on the bridge.  For now, you have information on the technological state the planet was in... and if I heard the Chief correctly you found survivors?  You better start writing your report and updating our records." he said, looking at Nira with a slight smile.  It didn't look like he knew about what happened on the surface, at least not yet, he was just addressing her coming onto the bridge.

Offline Lek

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2020, 02:22:56 pm »

It was a relief to see Lek and Addams walking onto the bridge, though Said's entrance did not go unnoticed by Felder, who tried to catch her attention and call her over. 

The Captain nodded to Lek at his question.  "Oversee the engineering station and coordinate repair crews.  We need to get the warp core started as soon as possible so we aren't stuck here too long.  Already I'm not convinced our luck will hold out before someone finds us and wants to take advantage of our current situation.  We need to make sure all nacelles are functional so we don't blow the ship with an unregulated warp feedback." he stated, keeping his eyes on the viewscreen.

"Commander T'Lara has a team down on Fi'Turs... I'm confident that they will be able to figure out the same solution that you came up with."

Meanwhile, Felder spoke quietly with Said.  "You realize that Adams and Lek are department heads, right?  They are expected to be on the bridge.  Not junior officers unless they are called.  Here.. get on the secondary station." he stated, gesturing to the station next to him.  "You're not a senior officer... yet.  But you have seriously improved since you first came onboard.  I'm just about ready to submit for a promotion, just need you to remember the chain of command and report to me remotely when you return, instead of coming onto the bridge.  Do that, and I can assure you I will make sure you earn your place on the bridge.  For now, you have information on the technological state the planet was in... and if I heard the Chief correctly you found survivors?  You better start writing your report and updating our records." he said, looking at Nira with a slight smile.  It didn't look like he knew about what happened on the surface, at least not yet, he was just addressing her coming onto the bridge.

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Lek listened to the Captain's instructions and nodded his agreement as he replied.

"Understood Sir. Gianetti has laid quite a bit of the ground work on the warp drive. I will continue to monitor his progress and will update you once we are ready."

He then moved to the station configured for engineering and began running diagnostics to test the various systems on the ship for readiness.
Alt of Ian Galloway

Offline T'Lara

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2020, 07:28:49 pm »

There was clear annoyance of being ignored from the others, but the leader himself was quiet and calm.  His enemies didn't exactly give them this chance of quiet.  There was an interesting thing about this 'Prime Directive', as that was nothing the Ri'lowo had when it came to their first visit a couple hundred years ago. 

Myr-sa looked around at the others, and there was a visual disagreement and hesitation.  But ultimately, it did rest with him. 

"Alright, you can try... nothing we have tried has worked.  If you can though... you need to tell us how you did it so that we can dest-" he didn't get to finish as what had to have been a mortar landed near them, about a few buildings away. 

"The Ri'lowo-shal know you're here.  If you can take this thing down, do it, we'll hold them off.  For Fi'Turs!" he shouted, as the others turned and looked for where they were coming from.  In a few seconds, gun fire could be heard in the distance, and some of them took off in that direction to combat them.

T'Lara nodded as Myr-sa gave them permission, then flinched slightly at the sound of the mortar. It seemed these Ri'lowo-shal could be a force to be reckoned with. She had not been aware there were any still on Fi'Turs, but it was certainly a possibility given the mistrust they'd received. This time the Prime Directive definitely came into play, and the answer was clear. Help the Discovery escape, then leave. Looking to her team, she motioned for them to follow her further in to the facility.

"I will take down the security system. Zhestakova, you will shut down the emitter as soon as I am finished. We need to work quickly. As soon as we have communication we will request to be beamed back to the Discovery," she ordered curtly. Just as with the emitter on Ri'lowo, the security system was intricate and complicated, but not to the point where she had to think too hard. T'Lara worked as quickly as she could while still maintaining perfect proficiency, zoning in on her task by ignoring the fighting going on around her. Once she was finished she motioned to Anastasia to shut down the beam, then she tried her commbadge until she finally came into contact with the request,

=/\= T'Lara to Discovery. Have disabled the emitter on Fi'Turs. Report with any problems with the beam, otherwise, three to beam up. T'Lara out. =/\=

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Offline Nira Said

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: September 17, 2020, 07:42:43 pm »

Nira noticed Commander Felder calling her over and smiled in relief. She wondered how she did not see him, let alone all day.

"Of course, sir," said Nira. "Granted, I haven't seen you all day, and I understand about the chain of command. Then again, I was in an away team of two officers of equal rank today."

Nira was surprised at the news about her promotion. She nodded in gratitude at that, and then nodded with affirmation when Felder mentioned the chain of command. "I will definitely do that, sir," said Nira. "Granted, my shift on the bridge wasn't finished, but reporting remotely makes plenty of sense.

"As a matter of fact, yes, you heard Lieutenant Lek correctly," said Nira, continuing with a smile. "I'm definitely going to fill out that report, but I will make the long story short. Yes, there were survivors. In a technological state, I would probably say they're a few levels down from the Kazon from the Delta Quadrant. They were bound to have had means of travel, maybe even the potential for a space elevator because of the fixed positions...

"I better start my report," said Nira, "and you have duties to attend to. Otherwise, I'm going to ramble on all day long. Suffice to say, I hope the other away team has luck with the other emitter. Don't know how fast we're going, but I'm hoping if the ship is pulled toward the planet, it better not crash land."

Nira did note how slowly the ship was going, and all the same, she was anxious to get her report going. Getting her console up, she got her report going.

Away Mission Report, Lieutenant JG Nira Said. Stardate 75549.02.

In seeking a way to take down a tractor beam emitter at Ri'lowo, one of the twin planets in the Ri'lowo system, the away team I was a part of had encountered apparent survivors of a nuclear apocalypse. We all had assumed it was uninhabited because of our scans of radiation, and the away team certainly felt the heat of the disappating radiation. It was hot enough to make me feel like I was back at Earth's Middle East, but not so hot to render it uninhabitable.

In any case, we made our way to the emitter facility, where the emitter on Ri'lowo was generating its tractor beam in an attempt to crush Starship Discovery. We discovered at the facility a means of disabling the emitter. Chief Engineer Lek determined that all that was required was to find certain parts to make the console operating the emitter for it to work again so the emitter would be shut down (Lek has the full details of that matter), and in our search for parts, we discovered apparent survivors of the nuclear dystopia.

More specifically, of course, these may be descendants of the survivors of the nuclear apocalypse that destroyed the civilizations of the twin planets. Once the Universal Translator kicked in, we learned a great deal about them. It transpired that the inhabitants of the Ri'lowo system were still determined to continue their conflict long after their civilizations were destroyed. From the sound of things, a major faction from the sister planet Fi'turs, known as the Us-Shal, along with other factions rose up against Ri'lowo and conquered them. The Ri'lowans had been living underground since. The fact that these survivor descendants were a sort of an underground resistance was puncuated by the fact that an Us-Shal patrol had followed us, or rather, our tracks, though we would've easily have been seen from a distance, given we didn't know that either planets were inhabited, and came across their shelter. Fortunately, their leader managed to point us to the parts needed and Lek was able to disable the emitter.

In regards to their technological status, in my own opinion, they could likely be placed a few levels below the Kazon of the Delta Quadrant. While it's evident that they were capable of space travel, hence why both sides knew about each other, they clearly had no warp capabilities, but they were advanced, nonetheless, hence their tractor emitters. They were confined strictly to their sister planets. Their deep grudges against each other and cultural division seems, to me, on par with the Kazon, but that's just the view I gathered from the perspectives of the Ri'lowans. The other away team on Fi'turs, most notably Commander T'Lara, are bound to find out the perspectives of the people of Fi'turs, probably the Us-Shal, assuming there are no hostile feelings from the Us-Shal.

I'm probably guessing on the matter, until T'Lara and her team find things out from the perspective of the the Us-Shal and/or the survivor descendants of Fi'turs, but, as indicated, the Us-Shal clearly conquered Ri'lowo, which meant they were in charge of both planets. When the Us-Shal patrol raided the underground shelter, I could sense their feelings of hostility and grudge against them before they attacked. There was no doubt that the Us-Shal had a deep hatred of the Ri'lowans. Nonetheless, I am curious about what Commander T'Lara may gather from the people of Fi'turs, and the Us-Shal in particular.

End Report.

Nira worked on the report as she filled her station and submitted it to Commander Felder for viewing later. She had hoped T'Lara will make it out in one piece, along with the rest of her away team. She was definitely curious on T'lara's own views and what she gathered from the side of things on Fi'turs...

Nira heard T'Lara's transmission and smiled with relief. She was alive! And that also meant the Discovery was free as well!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 07:45:36 pm by Nira Said »
Betazoid

Offline Don Damien Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Honoured Member
  • Test
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2020, 01:54:34 am »
[USS Discovery - Bridge]

The wetness under his wife's eyes had told him something was wrong. He whispered to her, "I love you. Try to stay strong." He gave her a small smile and in his eyes was showing he to was in pain. He hated to see her in pain. If she was in pain he was in pain. If she was happy, he was happy. It was the same for his team and staff.

The man went to view the console to see that nacelles indeed need more power for in case something tragic happens. It always had. Knowing that his wife was sad, he had to put his duty first for now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 01:56:10 am by Don Damien Addams »

Offline Danjar-Torra Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Authorization: Tango Delta Two Three Three Five
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2020, 03:27:50 am »
Ensign Danjar-Torra Addams
[USS Discovery - Deck One - Bridge]

Watching her console for a reply from Don, Torra glanced up after the Captain answered Lieutenant Lek, as he then called out to the bridge crew to run scans of the planet.  Such a task could be done for any number of departments - Science, Ops... even Tactical.  But it was Torra, desperate for a distraction, that answered first.  "Aye sir,  I'm on it."

She ran scans of the planet, in particular around the polar region where the city ruins were now visible to the sensors.   M-class planet in the recovery stages of a nuclear fallout.   Plants, insects and small rodents and opportunistic mammals were detected on the surface.  But it was the underground that caught Torra's attention most.  The sensors showed under the ruins a veritable warren of tunnels or rather two distinct warrens.  There were multiple lifesigns in each.  All this she forwarded in a summary to the Captain.

A chime on her console let Torra know that she had a message.  Reading through it, Torra smiled in relief.

[USS Discovery - Bridge]

From the moment that shuttle was reported as returned to the ship, Torra worried over how she was going to break the news to her husband.  Should she wait until after their shift... or request leave time and tell him immediately?   Her head turned towards the swish sound of the turbolift as both he and Nira arrived on the Bridge.   She followed him with her large doe-eyes as he took over the Helm station to her right.   

She could see his worried expression and tried to feign a reassuring look.

With Torra's attention on Don, she didn't notice Nira observing her.  Though even if she had she couldn't tell her anything... not before telling Don.

[USS Discovery - Bridge]

The wetness under his wife's eyes had told him something was wrong. He whispered to her, "I love you. Try to stay strong." He gave her a small smile and in his eyes was showing he too was in pain. He hated to see her in pain. If she was in pain he was in pain. If she was happy, he was happy. It was the same for his team and staff.

The man went to view the console to see that nacelles indeed need more power for in case something tragic happens. It always had. Knowing that his wife was sad, he had to put his duty first for now.

Don's words as well-intentioned as they were - to give support - almost had the opposite effect.  Torra choked up momentarily at his endearment and his words of support for something she knew he would have trouble accepting.  She sniffled and fought back the tears that threatened to fall once more.  She nodded miserably. 

"I .. love you.. too." she softly returned though it came out somewhat broken as she struggled not to bawl like child.  She eventually turned her face away to her own console so that he do his job like he was supposed to.   She would break his heart with her terrible news later. 
Danjar-Torra's Bio - Grazerite female 6'6' (1.98m) - Alt of ShranLahr ch'Verret

Offline Tekin Nevir

• Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2020, 09:38:35 am »

T'Lara nodded as Myr-sa gave them permission, then flinched slightly at the sound of the mortar. It seemed these Ri'lowo-shal could be a force to be reckoned with. She had not been aware there were any still on Fi'Turs, but it was certainly a possibility given the mistrust they'd received. This time the Prime Directive definitely came into play, and the answer was clear. Help the Discovery escape, then leave. Looking to her team, she motioned for them to follow her further in to the facility.

"I will take down the security system. Zhestakova, you will shut down the emitter as soon as I am finished. We need to work quickly. As soon as we have communication we will request to be beamed back to the Discovery," she ordered curtly. Just as with the emitter on Ri'lowo, the security system was intricate and complicated, but not to the point where she had to think too hard. T'Lara worked as quickly as she could while still maintaining perfect proficiency, zoning in on her task by ignoring the fighting going on around her. Once she was finished she motioned to Anastasia to shut down the beam, then she tried her commbadge until she finally came into contact with the request,

=/\= T'Lara to Discovery. Have disabled the emitter on Fi'Turs. Report with any problems with the beam, otherwise, three to beam up. T'Lara out. =/\=

Though the away team didn't know it, the facility was a carbon copy of the one on Ri'lowo.  There were no bodies or any sign that this facility had been used in the last hundred years, but as they found the control room, it was clear that this facility had been automatically set.  The screen showed the facility status with alarms blinking that the crushing part of the beam was not making an impact.  There was another alert that stated the sister location was off line. 

What took the longest while they were there was the fact that the tricorders couldn't translate the language.  It was clearly not the Us-shal dialect... most likely the Ri'lowos.  It took precious time to see how the system worked, as the bombing seemed to get closer, but after what seemed like an enternity the tricorder was able to interface with the console, and the entire facility was shut down. 

As soon as the main lights went out, their comms chirped showing that they were back in contact with the ship.

The waiting was the worst part, but after some time the ship beeped as the tractor beam disengaged, and the ship lurched back towards Ri'lowo as the ion engines suddenly had no resistance.  The Captain ordered the thruster offline and to keep the ship level.

"Release the gravitron beam.  Reset the shield grid and I need a full diagnostic." he said, just as the call came in. 

=/\= "Discovery to T'Lara... no issues up here.  We've been released from the beams.  Stand by to beam out."  =/\=  he ordered, instructing the transporter chief to get his team back up.

"Lek, let me know when we can go to warp.  In the meantime, while we are here, lets scan Fi'Turs before we leave.  If there areno objections, I will suggest to the Free State to leave this system alone until they are ready." he stated, leaning back.

On sensors both polar cities were showing signs of conflict with conventional weapons.  In addition, sensor were showing multiple launches, mostly small scale, but some... were heading upward towards their sister planet.  Or the ship.... either way, they were just going up.

Offline Nira Said

• Command Level Officer
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2020, 10:43:44 am »

The waiting was the worst part, but after some time the ship beeped as the tractor beam disengaged, and the ship lurched back towards Ri'lowo as the ion engines suddenly had no resistance.  The Captain ordered the thruster offline and to keep the ship level.

"Release the gravitron beam.  Reset the shield grid and I need a full diagnostic." he said, just as the call came in. 

=/\= "Discovery to T'Lara... no issues up here.  We've been released from the beams.  Stand by to beam out."  =/\=  he ordered, instructing the transporter chief to get his team back up.

"Lek, let me know when we can go to warp.  In the meantime, while we are here, lets scan Fi'Turs before we leave.  If there areno objections, I will suggest to the Free State to leave this system alone until they are ready." he stated, leaning back.

On sensors both polar cities were showing signs of conflict with conventional weapons.  In addition, sensor were showing multiple launches, mostly small scale, but some... were heading upward towards their sister planet.  Or the ship.... either way, they were just going up.

With her report finished and submitted, Nira had looked up at the viewscreen and was shocked to see how close Fi'turs was when the tractor beam was released. This close in orbit, she was sure the ship was barely above the outermost layer of atmosphere. If it weren't for engines or thrusters once the tractor beam was released, Nira could be sure they would potentially land the hard way, starting with a hard atmospheric entry.

Seeing as she knew nothing about a gravitron beam ( but it could've been something to keep Discovery in orbit, Nira thought), and Commander Felder would be working on the shield grid, Nira began running a diagnostic on the ship itself. Then, per Captain's orders, she ran a scan of Fi'turs. Hearing the Captain recommend that the Romulan Free State leave the planet alone, Nira scoffed on the inside. Remembering the wreckage of old Romulan craft, that it could've been caught in the gravity well trying to get away from the system, she could easily imagine what any of the old generation of Romulans, anybody who knew about Ri'lowo at all, would say to that news: "Leave it alone? We've already been doing that for who knows how long."

Once the scan is complete, she began her report, and included Commander Felder, for the sake of the chain of command.

"Captain? Commander Felder?" she said. "Sensors indicate Fi'turs has identical radiation levels as Ri'lowo: slowly dissipating. The polar capital is somewhat similar to that on Ri'lowo, down to the emitter facility, though there are significant differences: multiple fortifications around the city, especially around the facility. In terms of both cities on both planets, there's indications of combat with conventional weapons...hmph. Certainly confirms they're willing to continue their conflict long after their civilizations destroyed each other..."

She perked up, noticing the sensors have picked something up.

"Sirs, I'm detecting multiple launches," she said. "Small scale, but some are...I can't tell whether they're heading for the adjacent planet or toward the ship. For now, there's no determining their course. They're just...going up," she added with a shrug. "I also can't tell whether they could be warcraft or refugee vessels, knowing their state of affairs."
Betazoid

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles