Author Topic: S4: E3 Margin of Error  (Read 259 times)

Offline Richard James Litt

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Expect the unexpected
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S4: E3 Margin of Error
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 12:25:44 am »
[USS Challenger-lounge]

Alex found himself going into the ships lounge. He knew that he wasn’t going to be the only one there but it was going to be interesting for him to interact with people whom he never met before. It was the perfect place to get a decent drink. He seemed to notice the others and walked over to them. He wasn’t going to but in just yet since he didn’t want to be rude. He got himself a drink as he sat down at one of the open seats. He slowly bowed his head as he asked “gentlemen do you mind if I join you all?”

PO1 ShranLahr
[USS Challenger -  Deck 8 - "The Lounge"]

Lahr was just turning away from the bar with his recently poured ale when the Hupyrian approached and spoke.   The idea of company to drink with was good.  "Sure! I owe you a drink anyways for that unbelievable long range shot.  I can't believe how accurate you were with that."

He motioned to the bartender. "I'll get his drink." Lahr stated jovially.

Then turned to look over the bar pondering where to sit.  He seemed to muse aloud.  "Hmmm.. Are you a corner table type fellow? - preferring to watch the social activity while avoiding most of it yourself... or a middle of the room - be part of the action sort?"

The Andorian of course tended to be the latter, though he'd had his moments of the former - more often than he liked to admit over the past year.  He'd label Nari the former.  But the man approached him so, Lahr wasn't gonna change his own habits.  The Andorian took a seat at large table right close to the bar and near to the small dance floor that the lounge sported.

While he waited for Nari's drink to arrive, Lahr noted Litt enter with Sammy and gave the pair a wave.

"Hey Ricky! Hey Sammy. Of course!  The more the merrier they say, right?"  Lahr answered automatically.  Then because he doubted Sammy would have met the Hupyrian before, Lahr offered introductions.  "Sammy, this is Petty Officer Mondo 'li Nari.  Our crackshot of the hour.  Mondo, this is Sammy.  She's Litt's hot aunt... who I'd be dating right now if I weren't already spoken for." He said it meaning Chloe but suddenly thought of Ruth in that moment.

He leaned over towards Sammy as he moand conspiratorially commented .  "Am gonna see if it's possible to drink him under the table."

As he said this he noted another joining their table, Lahr smiled of.  "No at all. Graham right?  Welcome to the Challenger! Is this your first time at the Lounge?  If so I'll get your next drink.  Yeah, Litt I'll get yours and Sammy's too."  He added before the Lieutenant could feel like he was being left out.

He lifted his hand to gain the attention of the bartender.  "Apparently I'm generous today.  I got their first.. and his next...  you got that?"

"That I do Lahr.  It's good to have you back.  You're good for business!"

"Yeah DJ Lahr is the partay!"

[The Lounge - USS Challenger]

Ian typically avoided The Lounge, as the last thing the crew needed was to have to be on their toes while at a place they were supposed to be able to relax. However, there was someone he was looking for and the computer said he was here.

When he entered the room, he quickly scanned for who he was looking for and found him with Lahr, no surprise to see the Andorian at the center of attention, he just seemed to be that sort.

As he got closer, Ian noticed another flight officer...Petty Officer Graham...and while he was here specifically to talk to Lieutenant Litt, his invitation was an open one and having another join was perfectly fine with him.

"Greetin's all. Please excuse the quick interruption. As you mentioned you were interested Lieutenant, I wanted ta extend an invitation for you ta join me in the holodeck tomorrow at 1900 hours for an introduction ta the Flyin' Tigers program I mentioned durin' our little dust up with the Takare."

Ian then gestured to include everyone at the table.

"The invitation extends ta anyone that wants some seriously advanced pilotin' trainin'. However, be warned, the program is extremely difficult for even experienced flight officers, but if'n you can best the P-40, I promise you, you will be more than a pilot, you will be a flyer. So, who is in?"

USS Challenger - Lounge

"I am more a 'bring the drinks for everyone else' type fellow, actually," Mondo said with a small smile, "But I am sure that whatever you choose will be just fine."

Lahr generously offered to buy the drinks.  More a social gesture than one of value, considering that Starfleet provided its personnel with enough credits to easily afford their own luxury food and beverages.  Except in times of energy rationing, resources were not really a concern.  Still, the gesture was appreciated.  As the main bartender received their drink orders, his assistant took over tending the bar.

Lahr introduced Mondo to Sammy, though he found himself mildly embarrassed by the Andorian's description of her.  The overt expression of sexual desire was something Mondo hadn't seen since his time on Ferenginar.  Though, he wondered if this was an instance of the strong declaration merely being a kind of jovial jest between friends.

"A pleasure to meet you, Sammy.  I have great respect for Lieutenant Litt." Mondo said with a slight bow of his head as his Vinefruit Wine arrived.  "And I must say that Petty Officer ch'Verret is being generous with his praise.  I mostly just select targets and suggest methods of attack.  Flight Control lined us up with good firing arcs, and Science helped the sensors to remain accurate despite interference.  Both deserve more credit than I."

When Lahr suggested drinking Mondo under the table, the Hupyrian chuckled, "Given our respective body mass, that would be a feat."

When Graham approached, Mondo nodded to the man, "Petty Officer Graham, I was just telling my companions how Flight Control contributes to any successful attack."

Mondo lifted his glass, "And a toast to Operations, who ensure that every department has what they need to make them successful."  Security was a subset of the Operations division, so Mondo was also toasting himself, but hoped his meaning would be clear and the toast would not seem self-serving.

He sipped his beverage after making the toast, and smiled appreciatively.  "The replicators on the Challenger are better than I thought they would be.  With so many of her subsystems salvaged from retired Excelsiors, I had feared to find old-model replicator units aboard.  The early 2300's models so often created food and drink with a slight aftertaste.  Some molecular imperfections in the sugar chains, I suspect." 

While Mondo was not very technically minded, he had spent years training in the service industry, and knew something about replicators.

"Perhaps, like certain Romulan Commanders, I need to remind myself not to underestimate the Trailblazer class."

Then Mondo looked to Lahr and asked, "What is a deejay?  The translator made no attempt to convert the word to Hupyrian, and it was never covered in my Federation Standard classes at the Academy."

At that moment, the Captain arrived in the lounge and approached their table.  Mondo stood, out of habit, in deference to the CO.  Though rank recognition was not enforced in the lounge, the Captain would always be the Captain.

"I regret I only have a rudimentary flight certification, Sir," Mondo said apologetically, "for basic noncombat transport.  I think your holosimulation is likely to be beyond my skillset."

Mondo looked to the others present.  No doubt the Flight Control officers would enjoy partaking.

[USS Challenger ·  Deck 8 · "The Lounge"]
As Litt and Sammy

Litt and Sammy sat at the chairs near to Mondo and Lahr when they were welcomed. In the moment that Lahr presented Sammy to Mondo with those words, Sammy suddenly turned red embarrassed. She took a few moments to recover his normal color then looked at Mondo. "Pleased to meet you Mr. Nari." Then she turned back to Lahr.

"I have a great respect for you too Mr. Nari." Litt had agreed in a first name terms with Lahr when they weren't at work, but, that was the first time he was talking with Mondo out work, and he didn't know how the man would like to proceed. "And you really did a great job with the shots." He said smiling.

In that moment, Graham approached then as well and Litt gave him a little smile. "Hello, Mr. Graham". He said gently to him. "This is Sammy..." She said showing his aunt.

"Pleased to meet you." She said extending her hand to him. Then she turned back to Lahr "You're always this generous?" She said asking Lahr when he offered to pay for her drink and Litt's. "Not that I mind... Just asking." She joked.

When they were talking to each other the captain Ian entered the place and walked in their direction. As Mondo did, Litt stood up as well, in a respectful way. When the captain made his invitation Litt didn't took much time to think about it. "I'll be there sir..." That was the chance that Litt was looking for to become a better pilot. "And by the way... This is Sammy." He said to the captain talking about his aunt. "And Sammy, this is the captain Galloway." He said to her.

In that moment she realized why both guys stood up and she did the same. "It's an honor to meet you sir.". She said to him extending her hand.

Offline ShranLahr ch’Verret

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 02:07:59 am »
PO1 ShranLahr

USS Challenger - Lounge

"I am more a 'bring the drinks for everyone else' type fellow, actually," Mondo said with a small smile, "But I am sure that whatever you choose will be just fine."

Lahr generously offered to buy the drinks.  More a social gesture than one of value, considering that Starfleet provided its personnel with enough credits to easily afford their own luxury food and beverages.  Except in times of energy rationing, resources were not really a concern.  Still, the gesture was appreciated.  As the main bartender received their drink orders, his assistant took over tending the bar.

Lahr introduced Mondo to Sammy, though he found himself mildly embarrassed by the Andorian's description of her.  The overt expression of sexual desire was something Mondo hadn't seen since his time on Ferenginar.  Though, he wondered if this was an instance of the strong declaration merely being a kind of jovial jest between friends.

"A pleasure to meet you, Sammy.  I have great respect for Lieutenant Litt." Mondo said with a slight bow of his head as his Vinefruit Wine arrived.  "And I must say that Petty Officer ch'Verret is being generous with his praise.  I mostly just select targets and suggest methods of attack.  Flight Control lined us up with good firing arcs, and Science helped the sensors to remain accurate despite interference.  Both deserve more credit than I."

When Lahr suggested drinking Mondo under the table, the Hupyrian chuckled, "Given our respective body mass, that would be a feat."

When Graham approached, Mondo nodded to the man, "Petty Officer Graham, I was just telling my companions how Flight Control contributes to any successful attack."

Mondo lifted his glass, "And a toast to Operations, who ensure that every department has what they need to make them successful."  Security was a subset of the Operations division, so Mondo was also toasting himself, but hoped his meaning would be clear and the toast would not seem self-serving.

He sipped his beverage after making the toast, and smiled appreciatively.  "The replicators on the Challenger are better than I thought they would be.  With so many of her subsystems salvaged from retired Excelsiors, I had feared to find old-model replicator units aboard.  The early 2300's models so often created food and drink with a slight aftertaste.  Some molecular imperfections in the sugar chains, I suspect." 

While Mondo was not very technically minded, he had spent years training in the service industry, and knew something about replicators.

"Perhaps, like certain Romulan Commanders, I need to remind myself not to underestimate the Trailblazer class."

Then Mondo looked to Lahr and asked, "What is a deejay?  The translator made no attempt to convert the word to Hupyrian, and it was never covered in my Federation Standard classes at the Academy."

At that moment, the Captain arrived in the lounge and approached their table.  Mondo stood, out of habit, in deference to the CO.  Though rank recognition was not enforced in the lounge, the Captain would always be the Captain.

"I regret I only have a rudimentary flight certification, Sir," Mondo said apologetically, "for basic noncombat transport.  I think your holosimulation is likely to be beyond my skillset."

Mondo looked to the others present.  No doubt the Flight Control officers would enjoy partaking.

As Litt and Sammy

Litt and Sammy sat at the chairs near to Mondo and Lahr when they were welcomed. In the moment that Lahr presented Sammy to Mondo with those words, Sammy suddenly turned red embarrassed. She took a few moments to recover his normal color then looked at Mondo. "Pleased to meet you Mr. Nari." Then she turned back to Lahr.

"I have a great respect for you too Mr. Nari." Litt had agreed in a first name terms with Lahr when they weren't at work, but, that was the first time he was talking with Mondo out work, and he didn't know how the man would like to proceed. "And you really did a great job with the shots." He said smiling.

In that moment, Graham approached then as well and Litt gave him a little smile. "Hello, Mr. Graham". He said gently to him. "This is Sammy..." She said showing his aunt.

"Pleased to meet you." She said extending her hand to him. Then she turned back to Lahr "You're always this generous?" She said asking Lahr when he offered to pay for her drink and Litt's. "Not that I mind... Just asking." She joked.

When they were talking to each other the captain Ian entered the place and walked in their direction. As Mondo did, Litt stood up as well, in a respectful way. When the captain made his invitation Litt didn't took much time to think about it. "I'll be there sir..." That was the chance that Litt was looking for to become a better pilot. "And by the way... This is Sammy." He said to the captain talking about his aunt. "And Sammy, this is the captain Galloway." He said to her.

In that moment she realized why both guys stood up and she did the same. "It's an honor to meet you sir.". She said to him extending her hand.

Ian typically avoided The Lounge, as the last thing the crew needed was to have to be on their toes while at a place they were supposed to be able to relax. However, there was someone he was looking for and the computer said he was here.

When he entered the room, he quickly scanned for who he was looking for and found him with Lahr, no surprise to see the Andorian at the center of attention, he just seemed to be that sort.

As he got closer, Ian noticed another flight officer...Petty Officer Graham...and while he was here specifically to talk to Lieutenant Litt, his invitation was an open one and having another join was perfectly fine with him.

"Greetin's all. Please excuse the quick interruption. As you mentioned you were interested Lieutenant, I wanted ta extend an invitation for you ta join me in the holodeck tomorrow at 1900 hours for an introduction ta the Flyin' Tigers program I mentioned durin' our little dust up with the Takare."

Ian then gestured to include everyone at the table.

"The invitation extends ta anyone that wants some seriously advanced pilotin' trainin'. However, be warned, the program is extremely difficult for even experienced flight officers, but if'n you can best the P-40, I promise you, you will be more than a pilot, you will be a flyer. So, who is in?"

Lahr smirked when the Hupyrian remarked on his idea to drink him under the table.   The Andorian believed that sometimes alcohol tolerance was more a practiced thing than simply body mass.  "It'll be fun to test that." he answered back.

He answered Sammy's question about being generous with a shrug.  "Eh, why not?  Ain't like I'm Ferengi and think I need it to get into the afterlife.  I'd rather spend it while having fun with my friends."

Joining Nari's toasts Lahr called out his agreement.   "I can drink to that!"

He took a rather large swallow of his ale and settled back in his seat, glad that he'd thought come out tonight.  Chloe, however, he figured wasn't gonna be happy - coming off her shift to likely find him drunk as a Klingon passed out on their bed.

Lahr had been just about to explain about the term DJ, when the Captain of all people showed up.  Lahr noted how the Hupyrian stood up, but the Andorian couldn't be bothered.  He did however lift his ale in salute. 

"Hey Cap." he greeted and listened as the man offered the Flight officers time in his special holodeck program.  Lahr was kind of intrigued. 

Nari declined and the Hupyrian probably had the same amount of flight training as he had.  But something about the Captain's offer caught his interest.  "The offer is seriously open to all?  Sure then, I'll give it a go."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 02:09:10 am by ShranLahr ch’Verret »
Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5’7” (1.75m) : Alt of Rayek tr’Lhoell
NPC's Crewman Helga Tragnar (Klingon hybrid Female) / Lt JG Chloe Davis (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Offline Ian Galloway

• Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years 2018 USS Fiji - With Open Arms  Featured mission
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2020, 01:45:24 pm »

As Litt and Sammy

Ian beamed when Ricky agreed to join the program as he felt that the young man had the potential to truly excel. When Sammy was introduced, Ian shook her hand warmly.

"It is a pleasure ta make your acquaintance Sammy. So glad you are with us. I'll try not ta keep him away from you durin' his off time too much. We pilots have a tendency ta go a wee bit crackers when we get a chance ta fly."

Ian turned to face Ricky before continuing.

"The replicator has the pattern for the uniform and gear you will need for the program. Just ask for Flyin' Tiger gear. I will see you tomorrow at 1900."

PO1 ShranLahr

Lahr smirked when the Hupyrian remarked on his idea to drink him under the table.   The Andorian believed that sometimes alcohol tolerance was more a practiced thing than simply body mass.  "It'll be fun to test that." he answered back.

He answered Sammy's question about being generous with a shrug.  "Eh, why not?  Ain't like I'm Ferengi and think I need it to get into the afterlife.  I'd rather spend it while having fun with my friends."

He took a rather large swallow of his ale and settled back in his seat, glad that he'd thought come out tonight.  Chloe, however, he figured wasn't gonna be happy - coming off her shift to likely find him drunk as a Klingon passed out on their bed.

Lahr had been just about to explain about the term DJ, when the Captain of all people showed up.  Lahr noted how the Hupyrian stood up, but the Andorian couldn't be bothered.  He did however lift his ale in salute. 

"Hey Cap." he greeted and listened as the man offered the Flight officers time in his special holodeck program.  Lahr was kind of intrigued. 

Nari declined and the Hupyrian probably had the same amount of flight training as he had.  But something about the Captain's offer caught his interest.  "The offer is seriously open to all?  Sure then, I'll give it a go."

Ian looked at Lahr with obvious skepticism and asked.

"Are you certain Mister ch'Verret? As I mentioned up front, the P-40 is an unforgivin' beast that is a difficult challenge for even experienced pilots. The holodeck safeties will keep you safe, but a crash is rather hard on the ego. Let alone what my crew chief Flip will do ta you. Hell, he even scares me."

Offline Vasilisa Belmont

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2020, 03:43:15 pm »

Lisa saw that more people had shown up, but she was lost in thought. Absently, she overheard the captain's Scottish brawl and wondered why he had decided to make an appearance. Further eavesdropping let her know that he was here to inquire about a holodeck simulator. It was flight-based and sounded way far above her limited skill level. She did wonder about the woman who came in with Litt, who she'd never seen before. She looked like a nice woman. Lisa sipped her water and realized she was at her last few drops. Well, now she could say she'd been here. It was actually a relaxing place to be even if she wasn't partaking in any spirits. She sat back in her chair and crossed her legs, one over the other and simply people-watched. She did have a fantasy novel on her PADD that she took out to read lazily as she watched. It had been a long time since she'd taken time for herself. 

Offline Alexander Graham

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2020, 10:33:04 pm »
PO1 ShranLahr

Lahr was just turning away from the bar with his recently poured ale when the Hupyrian approached and spoke.   The idea of company to drink with was good.  "Sure! I owe you a drink anyways for that unbelievable long range shot.  I can't believe how accurate you were with that."

He motioned to the bartender. "I'll get his drink." Lahr stated jovially.

Then turned to look over the bar pondering where to sit.  He seemed to muse aloud.  "Hmmm.. Are you a corner table type fellow? - preferring to watch the social activity while avoiding most of it yourself... or a middle of the room - be part of the action sort?"

The Andorian of course tended to be the latter, though he'd had his moments of the former - more often than he liked to admit over the past year.  He'd label Nari the former.  But the man approached him so, Lahr wasn't gonna change his own habits.  The Andorian took a seat at large table right close to the bar and near to the small dance floor that the lounge sported.

While he waited for Nari's drink to arrive, Lahr noted Litt enter with Sammy and gave the pair a wave.

"Hey Ricky! Hey Sammy. Of course!  The more the merrier they say, right?"  Lahr answered automatically.  Then because he doubted Sammy would have met the Hupyrian before, Lahr offered introductions.  "Sammy, this is Petty Officer Mondo 'li Nari.  Our crackshot of the hour.  Mondo, this is Sammy.  She's Litt's hot aunt... who I'd be dating right now if I weren't already spoken for." He said it meaning Chloe but suddenly thought of Ruth in that moment.

He leaned over towards Sammy as he murmured conspiratorially commented .  "Am gonna see if it's possible to drink him under the table."

As he said this he noted another joining their table, Lahr smiled of.  "No at all. Graham right?  Welcome to the Challenger! Is this your first time at the Lounge?  If so I'll get your next drink.  Yeah, Litt I'll get yours and Sammy's too."  He added before the Lieutenant could feel like he was being left out.

He lifted his hand to gain the attention of the bartender.  "Apparently I'm generous today.  I got their first.. and his next...  you got that?"

"That I do Lahr.  It's good to have you back.  You're good for business!"

"Yeah DJ Lahr is the partay!"

[USS Challenger-lounge]

“Yeah I used to be on the Athena I believe so this is my first time at the lounge. I wouldn’t mind having another drink.” Alex was glad that he was able to talk to the other crew members. Looking at the captain he said “if the offer is open I would give it a go.” He was looking to challenge himself in flight and maybe learn a few things. He was open to improving his flight skills. He simply nodded his head in agreement but he thought that every department was essential to an attack and any mission that they had.

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 11:28:45 pm »
PO1 ShranLahr

[USS Challenger-lounge]

“Yeah I used to be on the Athena I believe so this is my first time at the lounge. I wouldn’t mind having another drink.” Alex was glad that he was able to talk to the other crew members. Looking at the captain he said “if the offer is open I would give it a go.” He was looking to challenge himself in flight and maybe learn a few things. He was open to improving his flight skills. He simply nodded his head in agreement but he thought that every department was essential to an attack and any mission that they had.

The Andorian's antenna perked at hearing Graham's former ship.  "The Athena?  She was Interpid class wasn't she?  Well, nothing against her... but I'm sure you'll find Challenger to be an even better ship." That Lahr was biased was easy to tell.

He grinned when Graham also decided to take up the Captain on his offer.

Ian beamed when Ricky agreed to join the program as he felt that the young man had the potential to truly excel. When Sammy was introduced, Ian shook her hand warmly.

"It is a pleasure ta make your acquaintance Sammy. So glad you are with us. I'll try not ta keep him away from you durin' his off time too much. We pilots have a tendency ta go a wee bit crackers when we get a chance ta fly."

"The replicator has the pattern for the uniform and gear you will need for the program. Just ask for Flyin' Tiger gear. I will see you tomorrow at 1900."

"Are you certain Mister ch'Verret? As I mentioned up front, the P-40 is an unforgivin' beast that is a difficult challenge for even experienced pilots. The holodeck safeties will keep you safe, but a crash is rather hard on the ego. Let alone what my crew chief Flip will do ta you. Hell, he even scares me."

However, the Captain seemed less than confident in his Ops crewman's skills.  "Well, sir, if my ego can withstand your doubt in me in front of my mates here, then I figure ain't nothing I need to worry about if I do crash, since I'd only be proving you right."

Lahr gave the Captain a bit of a salute with is drink and took a swallow, before continuing "But I think I'm capable of surprising you, sir.   As for, Flip, did you say?  I'll have him buddy-buddy with me within a week."  Lahr boasted.  "So sign me up! I'll be there 1900 hrs."

Then to make joke he leaned over to Graham and stage whispered "How do you feel about giving me a 'crash' course on piloting after we're done here?"

He gave a laugh and glanced about to see how many others were enjoying his joke. 

Lisa saw that more people had shown up, but she was lost in thought. Absently, she overheard the captain's Scottish brawl and wondered why he had decided to make an appearance. Further eavesdropping let her know that he was here to inquire about a holodeck simulator. It was flight-based and sounded way far above her limited skill level. She did wonder about the woman who came in with Litt, who she'd never seen before. She looked like a nice woman. Lisa sipped her water and realized she was at her last few drops. Well, now she could say she'd been here. It was actually a relaxing place to be even if she wasn't partaking in any spirits. She sat back in her chair and crossed her legs, one over the other and simply people-watched. She did have a fantasy novel on her PADD that she took out to read lazily as she watched. It had been a long time since she'd taken time for herself. 

That's when he spotted the doc.  Sitting off at a table alone... reading a PADD!?  His grin faltered and he got up out of his seat. "Excuse me a moment, Captain." he said as he brushed past the man and headed over to the doc's table to stand behind her seat and attempt to read over shoulder. 

"Please tell me that's some Deltan romance... cause otherwise.. why the roohz would you be paying attention to your PADD with so many available men just a few away?" he asked.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:35:00 pm by ShranLahr ch’Verret »
NPC's Crewman Helga Tragnar (Klingon hybrid Female) / Lt JG Chloe Davis (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Offline Ian Galloway

• Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years 2018 USS Fiji - With Open Arms  Featured mission
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 11:48:21 pm »
[USS Challenger-lounge]

Ian nodded to the younger man and added.

"Aye Lad, the offer is open Mister Graham. You heard me tell Mister Litt how ta obtain the necessary equipment along with when and where you need ta be. I look forward ta seein' you there.

"As for you Mister ch'Verret, if'n you think scrubbin' the hull with a toothbrush is bad, you'll nae be wantin' ta see what Flip cooks up for you if'n you damage one of his Tomahawks. And don't be thinkin' I'll be savin' you from whatever that happens ta be.

"Now, I'll be on my way so you lot can get up ta whatever mischief you had planned. See you tomorrow in the holodeck."

Ian then bowed courteously to Sammy and exited the Lounge.

Offline Vasilisa Belmont

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 10:42:42 pm »
PO1 ShranLahr

The Andorian's antenna perked at hearing Graham's former ship.  "The Athena?  She was Interpid class wasn't she?  Well, nothing against her... but I'm sure you'll find Challenger to be an even better ship." That Lahr was biased was easy to tell.

He grinned when Graham also decided to take up the Captain on his offer.

However, the Captain seemed less than confident in his Ops crewman's skills.  "Well, sir, if my ego can withstand your doubt in me in front of my mates here, then I figure ain't nothing I need to worry about if I do crash, since I'd only be proving you right."

Lahr gave the Captain a bit of a salute with is drink and took a swallow, before continuing "But I think I'm capable of surprising you, sir.   As for, Flip, did you say?  I'll have him buddy-buddy with me within a week."  Lahr boasted.  "So sign me up! I'll be there 1900 hrs."

Then to make joke he leaned over to Graham and stage whispered "How do you feel about giving me a 'crash' course on piloting after we're done here?"

He gave a laugh and glanced about to see how many others were enjoying his joke. 

That's when he spotted the doc.  Sitting off at a table alone... reading a PADD!?  His grin faltered and he got up out of his seat. "Excuse me a moment, Captain." he said as he brushed past the man and headed over to the doc's table to stand behind her seat and attempt to read over shoulder. 

"Please tell me that's some Deltan romance... cause otherwise.. why the roohz would you be paying attention to your PADD with so many available men just a few away?" he asked.

[Lounge - USS Challenger]

Lisa jolted out of the reverie that comes from being lost in the world of a book at the sound of Lahr's voice. As a result her hand came up in reflex and was inches from touching the Andorian's face.

"What?" she said absentmindedly as she gradually came back to reality. "Oh, hello, Lahr," she sifted through her memory to recall what he had said just before she almost face-palmed him, "I'm actually reading an old-Earth novel called The Fellowship of the Ring. Not my usual choice, but I suppose it ended up capturing my attention." She looked past him at the group assembled at the table, pretending like she hadn't been casually watching them. "As for the available men, I guess you could say I don't have too much expertise in that department," she said bashfully.

Offline Kyle Briggs

• Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 11:02:47 pm »
[Bridge - 14 hours to destination]

The Trill exhaled and nodded gently. "Just drinks. Okay." She paused for a moment. "But, just know, I drink Vulcan brandy... and not the replicated crap either... The real thing." She said as she pointed at him and exited the bridge with a smirk.

"Vulcan brandy. Got it." Kyle said as he grinned once more.

He watched as she left before making his way around the Bridge. He stopped at each station to speak to the officers manning them. He had come on for Bravo shift because he wanted to get to know those new crew members that had just recently come aboard. He also found himself looking forward to his, what? Get together?, with Leela. Seven more hours to end of shift.

Academy Engineering Instructor

Offline Richard James Litt

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Expect the unexpected
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 12:00:00 am »
PO1 ShranLahr

As Litt and Sammy

"Well... If this is your wish... I'll have some vodka on you..." She said to Lahr with a smile in her face. Then, she turned her attention to the captain when she was presented to him.

"I really understand that! When I was on Earth we almost didn't talk!" She said to the captain and then looked at Litt. "He was almost always too busy with work" She laughed.

Litt just looked at her embarrassed. "I already apologized to you." He said to her whispering and then looked at the Captain. "I'll be there sir." He said to him.

When Lahr showed a certain interest in the flight activity Litt looked at him surprised. "I didn't know that you have an interest in flight Lahr."

As they decided to have that "flight party" the next day, the captain decided to leave the crew, probably he thought that they wouldn't behave the same way with him in the Lounge.

Offline Leela Kaz

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2020, 12:59:57 am »
[Corridors - Heading to personal quarters]

As the Trill walked through the quiet corridors of the ship she couldn't help but think about how things were changing so quickly, a new ship, a new department, and whatever was going on with Kyle. She grinned from ear-to-ear, Leela wasn't sure about where all of this would lead but she was relatively certain that the journey would be interesting. As she entered her quarters she illuminated the dark room and flopped on top of her bed, lost in thought.

"If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been." - Jadzia Dax[/center]

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2020, 03:06:34 am »
PO1 ShranLahr
As Litt and Sammy

"Well... If this is your wish... I'll have some vodka on you..." She said to Lahr with a smile in her face. Then, she turned her attention to the captain when she was presented to him.

"I really understand that! When I was on Earth we almost didn't talk!" She said to the captain and then looked at Litt. "He was almost always too busy with work" She laughed.

Litt just looked at her embarrassed. "I already apologized to you." He said to her whispering and then looked at the Captain. "I'll be there sir." He said to him.

When Lahr showed a certain interest in the flight activity Litt looked at him surprised. "I didn't know that you have an interest in flight Lahr."

As they decided to have that "flight party" the next day, the captain decided to leave the crew, probably he thought that they wouldn't behave the same way with him in the Lounge.

Prior to his noticing of Dr. Belmont, Lahr answered Litt with a rakish grin.  "Yeah but mostly because you guys are such a hit with the women.  Besides which I got a bit of a taste for it when I was back on Earth.  My Captain gave me a few one-on-one lessons." 

Surprisingly, the Andorian totally missed the double-entendre that statement made or he would have been tripping over himself to clarify he meant flying lessons.

Ian nodded to the younger man and added.

"Aye Lad, the offer is open Mister Graham. You heard me tell Mister Litt how ta obtain the necessary equipment along with when and where you need ta be. I look forward ta seein' you there.

"As for you Mister ch'Verret, if'n you think scrubbin' the hull with a toothbrush is bad, you'll nae be wantin' ta see what Flip cooks up for you if'n you damage one of his Tomahawks. And don't be thinkin' I'll be savin' you from whatever that happens ta be.

"Now, I'll be on my way so you lot can get up ta whatever mischief you had planned. See you tomorrow in the holodeck."

Ian then bowed courteously to Sammy and exited the Lounge.

The Captain tried to forewarn Lahr about the Andorian's decision to join in the Flying Tiger's program but Lahr's attention was mostly on the Doc and what she was reading as he made he way over.  The Captain didn't get much of an acknowledgement beyond a brief thumbs-up gesture.

[Lounge - USS Challenger]

Lisa jolted out of the reverie that comes from being lost in the world of a book at the sound of Lahr's voice. As a result her hand came up in reflex and was inches from touching the Andorian's face.

"What?" she said absentmindedly as she gradually came back to reality. "Oh, hello, Lahr," she sifted through her memory to recall what he had said just before she almost face-palmed him, "I'm actually reading an old-Earth novel called The Fellowship of the Ring. Not my usual choice, but I suppose it ended up capturing my attention." She looked past him at the group assembled at the table, pretending like she hadn't been casually watching them. "As for the available men, I guess you could say I don't have too much expertise in that department," she said bashfully.

Lahr's antenna picked up the displacement of air quicker that his eyes could notice and had him jerking his head back, which was the reason she ended up just missing him with her reflexive slap.   He held up his hands in surrender as she slowly recognized who he was.  His hands came down and one hand leaned on the back of her chair as she answered what book she was reading.  Disappointingly, the book wasn't a Deltan steamy romance. 

"Well, you are in luck because I do." This time Lahr caught the awkward meaning of his words and tried to correct it... "Well, not just in men..."  but that ended up sounding almost as awkward.  "What I mean to say is that not only am the ships best DJ... I am also its best Match-Maker."

The Andorian grinned.  "You come join us over at the table for a drink or two... let me get a 'feel' for what your personality is really like and I'm certain I can find you a date that will be way more captivating than some non-Deltan book."

He gave the doc a charming grin.  "What do you say? First drink is on me."

Expecting her to hesitate, he even lyrically added "Do you like Pina Coladas?"  Anyone with an interest in late 20th Century music would recognized the beginning chorus line from Escape by Rupert Holmes.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:07:49 am by ShranLahr ch’Verret »

Offline Ian Galloway

• Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2020, 12:40:26 pm »
[Bridge - USS Challenger]

"Captain's Log Stardate 75378.9. We are just entering the Kouri-Dabo System, a completely unremarkable solar system of five planets consisting of three Class-F airless rocks, one Class-J gas giant, and one extremely marginal Class-M planet, Kouri-A-4, our destination. There have been no responses to our hails and as we make orbit, I am about to send my First Officer, Kyle Briggs with an away team to investigate why the installation has stopped responding. As we are near Romulan space, I have the ship at yellow alert. End log."

Ian sat back and sighed before his eyes met Kyle's and he shrugged.

"Looks like it's all you Kyle. I don't like how this feels so I suggest a couple more security than you would normally take on this one. We'll keep transporter locks on you and will be burnin' the system up with active scans for cloaked ships. Good luck Number One."

Offline Vasilisa Belmont

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2020, 03:49:35 pm »
PO1 ShranLahr
Prior to his noticing of Dr. Belmont, Lahr answered Litt with a rakish grin.  "Yeah but mostly because you guys are such a hit with the women.  Besides which I got a bit of a taste for it when I was back on Earth.  My Captain gave me a few one-on-one lessons." 

Surprisingly, the Andorian totally missed the double-entendre that statement made or he would have been tripping over himself to clarify he meant flying lessons.

The Captain tried to forewarn Lahr about the Andorian's decision to join in the Flying Tiger's program but Lahr's attention was mostly on the Doc and what she was reading as he made he way over.  The Captain didn't get much of an acknowledgement beyond a brief thumbs-up gesture.

Lahr's antenna picked up the displacement of air quicker that his eyes could notice and had him jerking his head back, which was the reason she ended up just missing him with her reflexive slap.   He held up his hands in surrender as she slowly recognized who he was.  His hands came down and one hand leaned on the back of her chair as she answered what book she was reading.  Disappointingly, the book wasn't a Deltan steamy romance. 

"Well, you are in luck because I do." This time Lahr caught the awkward meaning of his words and tried to correct it... "Well, not just in men..."  but that ended up sounding almost as awkward.  "What I mean to say is that not only am the ships best DJ... I am also its best Match-Maker."

Slipping her PADD into a pocket, Lisa raised an eyebrow at Lahr's statement. It seemed she had much to learn about the Andorian.

"Match-maker? Hmm, I don't know...I feel like no one would want to go for the ship's doctor. We have a tendency of reminding people there's a price to pay for over-indulgence. In other words, we take the fun out of everything. Or maybe that's just me."

The Andorian grinned.  "You come join us over at the table for a drink or two... let me get a 'feel' for what your personality is really like and I'm certain I can find you a date that will be way more captivating than some non-Deltan book."

He gave the doc a charming grin.  "What do you say? First drink is on me."

Expecting her to hesitate, he even lyrically added "Do you like Pina Coladas?"  Anyone with an interest in late 20th Century music would recognized the beginning chorus line from Escape by Rupert Holmes.

At his offer for drinks she eyed him carefully, calculating her decision. If she wanted to socialize with the crew then this was her big break.

"Make it a virgin pina colada and we've got a deal," she decided, eyeing him with what she hoped was a playful expression. At the end of her statement the familiar tone of the yellow alert lights appeared...

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2020, 10:01:44 pm »
PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret

While Lahr was busy talking up the cute doctor, the drink orders arrived.

Slipping her PADD into a pocket, Lisa raised an eyebrow at Lahr's statement. It seemed she had much to learn about the Andorian.

"Match-maker? Hmm, I don't know...I feel like no one would want to go for the ship's doctor. We have a tendency of reminding people there's a price to pay for over-indulgence. In other words, we take the fun out of everything. Or maybe that's just me."

At his offer for drinks she eyed him carefully, calculating her decision. If she wanted to socialize with the crew then this was her big break.

"Make it a virgin pina colada and we've got a deal," she decided, eyeing him with what she hoped was a playful expression. At the end of her statement the familiar tone of the yellow alert lights appeared...

The Doc's hesitation only encouraged Lahr to press more.  "Nonsense doc.  Medical professions are some of the most caring of people - and that's in high demand relationship wise.  Look at me - I'm wild and reckless, yet I got me a nurse to make sure I don't over do it.  Chloe looks after me." Lahr grinned.

The Andorian cheered when the doc relented.  Sure, the drink was virgin, but it was a start. He guided the doc back towards the table and did the round of introductions, despite figuring she might know folks already.  "Alriight, hey everyone, make space for Doc Belmont.   Doc, here we got Mondo li' Nari.  That's Richard Litt aka 'Little Ricky', his aunt Sammy and Alex Graham."

While the doctor was meeting the others Lahr when to the bar and ordered her a virgin Pina Colada. There was the temptation to not have it be virgin... but Lahr figured that wouldn't go over well with the doctor, not this first time anyways.

Soon he returned with her drink and took his seat once more and listened to see where the conversation had gone while he was with the doc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger -  Deck 1 - Bridge](16 hrs later)

Lahr had a low grade headache - likely from a mild case of dehydration after his evening of drinking.  He'd dismissed the idea of taking an anti-tox shot or getting prescribed an acetaminophen because then he'd just have Chloe looking at him in disappointment again.  He was well enough to work even if his antenna were drooping ever so slightly.

[Bridge - USS Challenger]

"Captain's Log Stardate 75378.9. We are just entering the Kouri-Dabo System, a completely unremarkable solar system of five planets consisting of three Class-F airless rocks, one Class-J gas giant, and one extremely marginal Class-M planet, Kouri-A-4, our destination. There have been no responses to our hails and as we make orbit, I am about to send my First Officer, Kyle Briggs with an away team to investigate why the installation has stopped responding. As we are near Romulan space, I have the ship at yellow alert. End log."

Ian sat back and sighed before his eyes met Kyle's and he shrugged.

"Looks like it's all you Kyle. I don't like how this feels so I suggest a couple more security than you would normally take on this one. We'll keep transporter locks on you and will be burnin' the system up with active scans for cloaked ships. Good luck Number One."

The flashing yellow alert lighting didn't help with his headache any.  But Lahr quietly suffered through it.  The mention of an away team had Lahr glancing a bit uncertainly towards the Commander.  He hadn't yet spoken to Kyle about his previous agreement with Captain Sigurdsdottir, or the reasons leading up to it.   Now as he waited nervously for the Commander's announcement of who was being assigned to go down with him, Lahr was regretting his silence. 

Turning his attention back to his console, he checked again for those same increases in neutrinos that had been sign of a cloaked Romulan ship.

Shadow Fleet Button RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative X-Generation: X-Men Roleplay Absinthe Caelmor Rp Fodlan Chronicles SWU Shadow Fleet Button