S4: E10 - Backwater

Started by Ian Galloway, March 19, 2021, 12:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Briggs

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Kyle was about to reply to Kruze about the upgrades when his daughter butted in and began spouting something about the Steegar and their glowing serpent god. Kyle only listened half heartedly at first as he just took as mad rantings. But he was able to pick up on the one slip she had almost made.

"Hold up. Back up a little. What exactly do you mine, Kruze? Could that be what the Steegar are after. Is that why the Orions are here?" he asked.

Ocras Abisa

[Bridge - USS Challenger]

Ocras blinked at the scans he'd run, double checked them, and the nodded. He'd set the scan parameters as wide as possible, and one aspect had been searching for dilithium signatures as those can sometimes reveal cloaked ships. While he did not see any evidence of hidden ships, the scans had found a dilithium signature on world, near the compound.

"Mister ch'Verret, I think I might win that bet... it looks like there's a deposit of dilithium near the compound." He paused, then turned to the CO. "Captain, if the Klingon Empire ceded their claim to the planet as a failed colony, but the remaining individual Klingons have been living here as homesteaders, with the mine being so close to their compound, they have a strong legal claim under Federation law. If the Orions are here to take the dilithium, we could be obligated to defend the Klingon claim. Unless they're trading fairly." Ocras doubted it, but it could be possible. The Orions were one of the more capitalistic species in the Quadrant. Humans had been too in their recent past, and the Vulcans had been in antiquity, but Betazoid empathy made unfettered capitalism uncomfortable. Capitalists, like the Orions or Ferengi, tend to avoid any chance of a fair trade.

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on April 04, 2021, 08:39:52 PM

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Kyle was about to reply to Kruze about the upgrades when his daughter butted in and began spouting something about the Steegar and their glowing serpent god. Kyle only listened half heartedly at first as he just took as mad rantings. But he was able to pick up on the one slip she had almost made.

"Hold up. Back up a little. What exactly do you mine, Kruze? Could that be what the Steegar are after. Is that why the Orions are here?" he asked.

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Kruze was instantly on guard as soon as Kyle spoke up.

"Never you mind Earther. My business here is none of yours. Now, you mentioned assisting with upgrading my defenses, what do you have to offer and how much will it cost me?"

Quote from: Ocras Abisa on April 04, 2021, 10:02:54 PM

Ocras blinked at the scans he'd run, double checked them, and the nodded. He'd set the scan parameters as wide as possible, and one aspect had been searching for dilithium signatures as those can sometimes reveal cloaked ships. While he did not see any evidence of hidden ships, the scans had found a dilithium signature on world, near the compound.

"Mister ch'Verret, I think I might win that bet... it looks like there's a deposit of dilithium near the compound." He paused, then turned to the CO. "Captain, if the Klingon Empire ceded their claim to the planet as a failed colony, but the remaining individual Klingons have been living here as homesteaders, with the mine being so close to their compound, they have a strong legal claim under Federation law. If the Orions are here to take the dilithium, we could be obligated to defend the Klingon claim. Unless they're trading fairly." Ocras doubted it, but it could be possible. The Orions were one of the more capitalistic species in the Quadrant. Humans had been too in their recent past, and the Vulcans had been in antiquity, but Betazoid empathy made unfettered capitalism uncomfortable. Capitalists, like the Orions or Ferengi, tend to avoid any chance of a fair trade.

Ian rubbed his chin absently as he mulled over the new tac officer's report.

"Well, seems we have grounds ta stay around for at least a little while longer. "Mister ch'Verret, please recall three of the shuttles, but have the Onizuka stay on station above the compound in low orbit, a hundred kilometers should be good enough. The away team hasn't asked for help yet, so we'll let them make the call on what happens next."

Don Damien Addams

[USS Challenger - Bridge]

"I would had guess pretty ladies with long hair rolled up on her shoulders, and a good some  hard Irish liquor," Casey replied. "But a bummer it wasn't. They would had been disappointed, but man that would be neat!" he joked.

Ensign was his rank. He was not attempting to be higher cause who wanted to be a stiff neck. He sure was not. It was much fun being lower rank...much more fun...except doing stupid boring job over and over until you want to puke. EH. It was giving orders or doing paper work. Either was his thing. Unless he was on a long boat on the ocean. That! Was better for Casey.

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Deck 1 - Bridge]

Quote from: Ocras Abisa on April 04, 2021, 01:55:28 PM

Hot on the Andorian's heels, Ocras replied to the Captain. "Aye." His fingers flashed over the panel, running through standard tactical scans. This would pick up whatever military capabilities the Orion vessel had as well as identifying any other detectable ships in the area. The Orion message about a Klingon vessel in the sector was slightly worrisome. Were they referring to the Challenger, as this ship was here as a favor to the Klingons, or was there a cloaked Klingon vessel out there as well?

"My bet would be on a natural resource, not a weapon. Perhaps latinum or dilithium."

Quote from: Ocras Abisa on April 04, 2021, 10:02:54 PM

Lahr grimaced as he noted the same scan results as the Tactical officer.    It seemed he owed the Betazoid 10 credits.  The man's comments to the Captain regarding possible mining legalities were gibberish to the rather simple-minded petty officer.

"You're kidding, right?  Would Federation law apply here?" he questioned towards Abisa.  To Lahr's understanding, this was still Klingon territory, failed colony or not.

Quote from: Ian Galloway on April 05, 2021, 05:45:30 PM

Ian rubbed his chin absently as he mulled over the new tac officer's report.

"Well, seems we have grounds ta stay around for at least a little while longer. "Mister ch'Verret, please recall three of the shuttles, but have the Onizuka stay on station above the compound in low orbit, a hundred kilometers should be good enough. The away team hasn't asked for help yet, so we'll let them make the call on what happens next."

The Andorian Ops petty officer turned from looking at Abisa, focusing his attention back to his console at the Galloways words.

"Aye sir."  and proceeded to relay the Captain's orders.

A few moments later, and the three shuttles were on their way back to the Challenger.

"The returning shuttles will be arriving shortly.  The Onizuka is maintaining position in low orbit above the compound, as ordered."

Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Ian Galloway on April 04, 2021, 11:48:19 AM

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Valkra eyes nearly crossed at the volume of questions Ruth asked and she turned to Kruze with a wry smile.

"You are right about one thing father, Earthers talk too much."

To Ruth she added.

"All I know is its name, G'laar and that it's a glowing serpent. As to how the Scar are 'normally', they hate Klingons and kill them whenever they can, only now, they seem even more motivated than usual."

At this point, Valkra became quiet before she continued in an uncharacteristically soft tone.

"I've hated this place since my mother died shortly after we moved here from Swamp Fever. Father and I have made an okay life here, but since he discovered the di-... er, made the mines pay off, he has become obsessed with this world. I want to leave because despite what you think of them Father, the Steegar are dangerous and we cannot hold out should they attack like they are massing to do."

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Ruth's eyes widened at Valkra's slip of the tongue more than being accused of talking too much.  She had just been trying to get some information.

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on April 04, 2021, 08:39:52 PM

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

"Never you mind Earther. My business here is none of yours. Now, you mentioned assisting with upgrading my defenses, what do you have to offer and how much will it cost me?"

Ruth quickly typed on her PADD pulling up the information that she needed to confirm, her Scientific brain working overtime to the point she was sure steam was coming from them and not just from the heat of the planet.

'...Under certain rare circumstances, dilithium deposits could form in such a way that the crystals grew into perfectly aligned lattices. If enough dilithium was present, it began to form "generator strata". A piezoelectric effect occurred when the crystals took the radiant heat of the planet and converted it into mechanical energy. This mechanical energy could increase tectonic stresses in a planet's crust to the point where the planet literally tore itself apart. This phenomenon was responsible for the destruction of a number of planets in the Selcundi Drema sector...'

She nudged Kyle as she passed across her PADD for him to read.  "Could explain why it's so hot..." she offered.  "...and why it's so important to Kruze here, and the Steegar.  Kruze if it's dilithium you're mining, I can understand why the Scars don't like you much, you're taking their resources and why the Orions would be interested too.  If you're doing that then... I'm going to have to look up the laws on this one, I'm not sure when it comes to natural resources like dilithium which is rare, it is regulated on it's mining and distribution.  So...I'm not sure defending you against something potentially illegal would be a good idea.  We can however try to mediate in the situation and come to a compromise that will suit everyone and still be lawful."

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Ian Galloway

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on April 06, 2021, 02:37:18 AM

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr grimaced as he noted the same scan results as the Tactical officer.    It seemed he owed the Betazoid 10 credits.  The man's comments to the Captain regarding possible mining legalities were gibberish to the rather simple-minded petty officer.

"You're kidding, right?  Would Federation law apply here?" he questioned towards Abisa.  To Lahr's understanding, this was still Klingon territory, failed colony or not.

The Andorian Ops petty officer turned from looking at Abisa, focusing his attention back to his console at the Galloways words.

"Aye sir."  and proceeded to relay the Captain's orders.

A few moments later, and the three shuttles were on their way back to the Challenger.

"The returning shuttles will be arriving shortly.  The Onizuka is maintaining position in low orbit above the compound, as ordered."

Ian was considering Abisa's words when Lahr asked about Federation law applying, which was a very good question.

"Honestly, I doubt Federation law applies here, but the idea of 'homestead' rights does make sense. It also explains what the Orions hope to 'Acquire' while they are here. Looks like I'm goin' ta have ta open the files on Klingon property law ta have any idea who has claim ta what."

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on April 06, 2021, 07:51:47 AM

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Ruth's eyes widened at Valkra's slip of the tongue more than being accused of talking too much.  She had just been trying to get some information.

Ruth quickly typed on her PADD pulling up the information that she needed to confirm, her Scientific brain working overtime to the point she was sure steam was coming from them and not just from the heat of the planet.

'...Under certain rare circumstances, dilithium deposits could form in such a way that the crystals grew into perfectly aligned lattices. If enough dilithium was present, it began to form "generator strata". A piezoelectric effect occurred when the crystals took the radiant heat of the planet and converted it into mechanical energy. This mechanical energy could increase tectonic stresses in a planet's crust to the point where the planet literally tore itself apart. This phenomenon was responsible for the destruction of a number of planets in the Selcundi Drema sector...'

She nudged Kyle as she passed across her PADD for him to read.  "Could explain why it's so hot..." she offered.  "...and why it's so important to Kruze here, and the Steegar.  Kruze if it's dilithium you're mining, I can understand why the Scars don't like you much, you're taking their resources and why the Orions would be interested too.  If you're doing that then... I'm going to have to look up the laws on this one, I'm not sure when it comes to natural resources like dilithium which is rare, it is regulated on it's mining and distribution.  So...I'm not sure defending you against something potentially illegal would be a good idea.  We can however try to mediate in the situation and come to a compromise that will suit everyone and still be lawful."
[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Kruze gave Valkra a withering look before turning to face Kyle and Ruth with an angry expression.

"Okay fine. Yes. I have found a very rich seam of dilithium and the mine is just starting to yield commercial quantities of the crystals. But whatever gibberish you are spouting about lattice alignment, that is not why it's hot on Arak. It orbits on the edge of the habitable zone of the star and it thus close enough to the sun to only just qualify as habitable. Besides, while the vein I've discovered is large, it is by no means as large as what you are talking about.

"As for those idiot lizards out there, I'm not taking 'their resources'! They don't know anything about dilithium, they are savages with nothing more complex than a stone ax for technology. I staked this claim. I found the crystals after the Colonial administration pulled out, thus the mine and anything it produces belongs to me! I am doing nothing illegal here and if you cannot provide a means to assist me defend my property, you are welcome to leave!"

At this point Valkra intervene as she could see her father's temper was about to result in conflict.

"Earthers! Tonight is a full moon. How about you stay until it rises? I will lead you to the Scars' temple and you can see the snake goddess yourself?"

Ocras Abisa

Quote from: Ian Galloway on April 06, 2021, 10:45:55 AM

Ian was considering Abisa's words when Lahr asked about Federation law applying, which was a very good question.

"Honestly, I doubt Federation law applies here, but the idea of 'homestead' rights does make sense. It also explains what the Orions hope to 'Acquire' while they are here. Looks like I'm goin' ta have ta open the files on Klingon property law ta have any idea who has claim ta what."

Ocras listened carefully, then spoke again. "I apologize for phrasing poorly, but I do think there is a set of Federation law that does apply to this situation. The Law of Interstellar Salvage and Homesteading is similar to the laws pre-warp civilizations create to deal with property claims in international waters or on nearby planetary bodies."

He paused briefly to run through his memory of a series of classes he took at the Academy on the numerous treaties between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. "I believe that the Federation and the Klingon Empire have both passed laws that enshrine the same rights for individuals claiming lands or property outside the traditional boundaries of their home government. At least, mostly the same rights. I would have to check to see if the Orions have similar laws. I expect they would deny any claim based on Klingon Imperial law due to the Empire ceding control of the colony. At least, if I were trying to win a dispute between three different governments, I would refuse to recognize the property laws of a single government, perhaps even putting forward my own government's property laws instead."

Another pause, then a slightly chagrinned look. "I have been focused on Betazed-oriented politics for the last two years, though, so perhaps the Treaties with the Klingons and Orions have changed since I last reviewed them. That said, if you think the claim would be stronger under Klingon property law, I am confident we can make the case to the Orions to comply."

Kyle Briggs

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

"Those negotiations would have to involve our Captain but....." Kyle began before being nudged by Ruth
Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on April 06, 2021, 07:51:47 AM

Kruze gave Valkra a withering look before turning to face Kyle and Ruth with an angry expression.

"Okay fine. Yes. I have found a very rich seam of dilithium and the mine is just starting to yield commercial quantities of the crystals. But whatever gibberish you are spouting about lattice alignment, that is not why it's hot on Arak. It orbits on the edge of the habitable zone of the star and it thus close enough to the sun to only just qualify as habitable. Besides, while the vein I've discovered is large, it is by no means as large as what you are talking about.

"As for those idiot lizards out there, I'm not taking 'their resources'! They don't know anything about dilithium, they are savages with nothing more complex than a stone ax for technology. I staked this claim. I found the crystals after the Colonial administration pulled out, thus the mine and anything it produces belongs to me! I am doing nothing illegal here and if you cannot provide a means to assist me defend my property, you are welcome to leave!"

At this point Valkra intervene as she could see her father's temper was about to result in conflict.

"Earthers! Tonight is a full moon. How about you stay until it rises? I will lead you to the Scars' temple and you can see the snake goddess yourself?"

Kyle turned to Ruth first. "I agree. I'm sadly not up to date on the current mining laws as they effect our treaty with the Klingons. And I also agree that we need to know more about the Orions interest. Are they here for legit business with you? Did you invite them?" he asked Kruze before responding to his daughter. "As for you, we'll stay and check out your ritual. Maybe that will shed some light on some things as well."

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret

The discussion on the bridge continued moving on to the topic of homesteading. Once more the subject was beyond his knowledge or experience.  As such there was little he could add that would be meaningful or add to the conversation, so Lahr instead kept quiet and kept his attention on his sensor screens.

If the Orion's had plans to "˜acquire' dilithium - the fact that they named it a Project suggested to the Andorian that this was not just your average market sale.  Lahr expected trouble.

Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on April 06, 2021, 08:45:18 PM

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

"Those negotiations would have to involve our Captain but....." Kyle began before being nudged by Ruth

Kyle turned to Ruth first. "I agree. I'm sadly not up to date on the current mining laws as they effect our treaty with the Klingons. And I also agree that we need to know more about the Orions interest. Are they here for legit business with you? Did you invite them?" he asked Kruze before responding to his daughter. "As for you, we'll stay and check out your ritual. Maybe that will shed some light on some things as well."

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Valkra's expression was one of gratitude as she still clearly wanted and needed the away team's assistance. She led them to the armored hover car and once away from the compound she spoke in a tense tone.

"My father has invested so much of himself into this place that he can no longer see reason. He, I and our servant Zoll are the only Klingons for 200 kellicams. There is no one that can assist us when the Scar decide to overrun us and they will as their numbers are increasing, while we remain only three."

Valkra drove for less than ten minutes before stopping and dismounting.

"We will have to go on foot from here as if I drive any closer, the Scar will hear us. Follow my lead and be on your guard as there are many dangerous animals in these woods."

She then drew a mek'leth and headed down a barely visible trail.

Quote from: Ocras Abisa on April 06, 2021, 12:39:45 PM

Ocras listened carefully, then spoke again. "I apologize for phrasing poorly, but I do think there is a set of Federation law that does apply to this situation. The Law of Interstellar Salvage and Homesteading is similar to the laws pre-warp civilizations create to deal with property claims in international waters or on nearby planetary bodies."

He paused briefly to run through his memory of a series of classes he took at the Academy on the numerous treaties between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. "I believe that the Federation and the Klingon Empire have both passed laws that enshrine the same rights for individuals claiming lands or property outside the traditional boundaries of their home government. At least, mostly the same rights. I would have to check to see if the Orions have similar laws. I expect they would deny any claim based on Klingon Imperial law due to the Empire ceding control of the colony. At least, if I were trying to win a dispute between three different governments, I would refuse to recognize the property laws of a single government, perhaps even putting forward my own government's property laws instead."

Another pause, then a slightly chagrinned look. "I have been focused on Betazed-oriented politics for the last two years, though, so perhaps the Treaties with the Klingons and Orions have changed since I last reviewed them. That said, if you think the claim would be stronger under Klingon property law, I am confident we can make the case to the Orions to comply."

Ian gave Abisa an appraising look and replied.

"It looks like it is a complicated issue. Let's see what the file on Klingon law has ta say about the matter."

As Ian read, both Abisa and Lahr noted the Orion ship the Grifter began shifting her orbit via thrusters. In addition, the ship began emitting a low grade tetryon field.

Ocras Abisa

Ian gave Abisa an appraising look and replied.

"It looks like it is a complicated issue. Let's see what the file on Klingon law has ta say about the matter."

As Ian read, both Abisa and Lahr noted the Orion ship the Grifter began shifting her orbit via thrusters. In addition, the ship began emitting a low grade tetryon field.

Ocras checked, and double checked his sensor readings. Tetryons were a notoriously flexible particle, difficult to track and naturally only occurring in subspace, but highly energetic in normal space. They could be used for alternative scans, to block traditional scanning, or even to disrupt energy based weapons. The Challenger's type VIII phasers wouldn't be entirely blocked, but a field like this could reduce their efficacy.

"Captain, the Orion vessel is emiting a low grad tetryon field. I recommend repositioning the Challenger to avoid direct contact with their field." Ocras double checked the armaments on board, and mentally prepared to fire torpedoes instead of phasers.

At this distance, he was unlikely to sense the emotional distress of the people on the other ship... as long as none of them were empathic or telepathic. Still. He silently performed a meditation on duty and strength, adding more to his empathic safeguards.

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Ocras Abisa on April 07, 2021, 12:34:30 PM

Ocras checked, and double checked his sensor readings. Tetryons were a notoriously flexible particle, difficult to track and naturally only occurring in subspace, but highly energetic in normal space. They could be used for alternative scans, to block traditional scanning, or even to disrupt energy based weapons. The Challenger's type VIII phasers wouldn't be entirely blocked, but a field like this could reduce their efficacy.

"Captain, the Orion vessel is emiting a low grad tetryon field. I recommend repositioning the Challenger to avoid direct contact with their field." Ocras double checked the armaments on board, and mentally prepared to fire torpedoes instead of phasers.

At this distance, he was unlikely to sense the emotional distress of the people on the other ship... as long as none of them were empathic or telepathic. Still. He silently performed a meditation on duty and strength, adding more to his empathic safeguards.

Ian looked up from the Klingon law file in both relief and annoyance.

"What are those Orion buggers up ta now? Tetryons can do a lot of bloody things and none of them are good."

Ian turned to speak to the helmsman.

"Conn shift our position, drop us down ta one thousand kilometers and relocate us 500 kilometers north of the compound. Mister ch'Verret, have the Onizuka report if'n they pick up any tetryons at their level."

Ian frowned and tried to divine what the Orions could be up to.

"I nae like this one little bit. Mister Jyur, give me some options."

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Ian Galloway on April 07, 2021, 12:48:34 PM

Ian looked up from the Klingon law file in both relief and annoyance.

"What are those Orion buggers up ta now? Tetryons can do a lot of bloody things and none of them are good."

Ian turned to speak to the helmsman.

"Conn shift our position, drop us down ta one thousand kilometers and relocate us 500 kilometers north of the compound. Mister ch'Verret, have the Onizuka report if'n they pick up any tetryons at their level."

Ian frowned and tried to divine what the Orions could be up to.

"I nae like this one little bit. Mister Jyur, give me some options."

[USS Challenger - Bridge]

"Gladly to do it, sir," Casey replied with a grin on his face. Placing the Challenger to drop down one thousand kilometers like helicopter. Well not exactly but he had her angle deep to reach that level. Like a alligator submerging in the water to get its prey.

Cupid had the saucer of the Challenger turn the direction to the north where he place the beauty ship to its right location. In his head he was playing some mystery tune like 'Peter Gunn' from Blues Brothers. He never seen the movie but the tune he had heard somewhere.

The console panel was saying everything we green. Stabilizer was fine. The engines info was all green. Nothing was going to go wrong because they had a great Engineering team.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

[Kruze Compound]

"I can see your point, Kruze... but these guys here might feel like all indigenous people at some point have.  Namely, they were here first, it's their planet and they feel that you are robbing their planet of it's natural resources, whether or not it's on your land or not.  Let's say that was a strobolin plant field on your land rather than a dilithium seam.  Would you deny it's use to the rest of the Federation, it's equally as rare but would save lives too.  As for the Science... it was just a guess, and may have been why everyone was trying to get a piece of it... I was hoping it wasn't just greed."

She looked at Kyle when Valkra spoke... waiting on his response.

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on April 06, 2021, 08:45:18 PM

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Ruth's gut gnawed at her, it had done so the moment that Valkra mentioned the Snake God/dess... and she knew that her gut was like some kind of 6th sense indicator for her hunches, that this deity and the Orions had something to do with one another.  If the Scar already hated the Klingons for what they were doing to 'their' planet, it wouldn't take much for the Orion to whip them up into such a frenzy that they killed the Klingons thus doing their work for them and they could say quite innocently 'Oh it wasn't us but the local population that wiped out the Klingon colony, we just went in after and cleaned up the mess, it was too rich a seam to just leave there'...

Looking at Kyle again she shrugged and then got ready for their trip to see the spectacle.

Quote from: Ian Galloway on April 07, 2021, 11:15:30 AM

[Kruze Compound - Arak]

Valkra's expression was one of gratitude as she still clearly wanted and needed the away team's assistance. She led them to the armored hover car and once away from the compound she spoke in a tense tone.

"My father has invested so much of himself into this place that he can no longer see reason. He, I and our servant Zoll are the only Klingons for 200 kellicams. There is no one that can assist us when the Scar decide to overrun us and they will as their numbers are increasing, while we remain only three."

Valkra drove for less than ten minutes before stopping and dismounting.

"We will have to go on foot from here as if I drive any closer, the Scar will hear us. Follow my lead and be on your guard as there are many dangerous animals in these woods."

She then drew a mek'leth and headed down a barely visible trail.

[Following Valkra]

Following Valkra's lead when she drew her mek'leth, Ruth unhooked the axe she'd picked up earlier from the belt and held it in her right hand, she wondered if she should scan but the security team would be following with phasers and tricorders to scan so she didn't bother.  She'd rather concentrate on killing any wild beasts.

"What kind of dangerous animals?" Ruth hissed to Valkra.  "I'm meaning for size... something that will bite my ankles but is venomous, or something it's gonna take 3 men to bring down?!"

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.