S3:E9 All Bad Things Come To An End

Started by Ruth Sigurdsdottir, January 31, 2020, 11:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Briggs

[Bridge - USS Challenger]

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on March 23, 2020, 09:57:39 AM

" Stay safe, I'll see you after this".

Kyle looked at his wife and simply nodded. Their shared look was all that was needed.
Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on March 23, 2020, 06:43:43 PM

=/\=Someone call for a Mistress of Magic...?  =/\= A welcome voice came through the comms  =/\= I'm here off the port  and above  the Ip Man, still cloaked, I passed Aedile on the way here I'm faster, but she'll be here in about 10 minutes, Mr. Briggs who would you like me to tackle first, who's causing you the most hassle?=/\=

"How are our shields holding?" the Captain asked, wondering just how many hits they could take.

=/\= Phobos to Challenger we're under fire from what appears to be 3 Tholian... repeat THOLIAN Hunters, I'm not sure we've got the fire power to take them out.... =/\=

=/\= This is the Deimos, we've just spotted a Cardassian Hideki Class, I don't know if they.... =/\=

=/\=Aedile to Challenger, we're currently taking on the USS Falcon and are under fire... =/\=

=/\=IKS Nih'Jev to Challenger we're about 2 mins from your current location, Quap'la! =/\=

"Shields holding at seventy five percent, Captain." Kyle replied before turning his attention to Hecate.

Listening to the reports coming in, he feared the Deimos was gone. "Captain Hecate. If you could give the Phobos a hand with those Tholians, I think they be appreciative." he said in answer to the other CO. He was very thankful for the support they were getting but he didn't know if it would be enough.

"IKS Nih'Jev, if you can come in above the Aedile, thet Miranda Class that's giving them hell shouldn't be too much of a match for both of you." he requested.

The ship rocked once more and it caused Kyle to lurch forward hard enough that he almost bashed his head on his console. Liv will kick your ass if you get hurt. he thought to himself as he targeted Leyron's Nova. That thing was a beast.

"Shields at seventy one!" he called out.

Olivia Briggs

[[Sickbay - Challenger]

The look from her husband before she left the Bridge, meant everything and more, as well as giving Liv the opportunity to draw strength from it. Once inside the confines of the lift, the CMO took a moment to breathe, as the red alerts continued. However by the time that it stopped and the doors opened, Liv was once again calm and focused.

Walking into Sickbay, she was pleased to see that everyone was battle ready, the red alert nullified at least in terms of sound, allowing the medical staff to work without the added distraction. Although it still served as a reminder of what they were going through.

" How is everything and are we all ready?" she asked, wanting that confirmation and to give reassurance, before the injured started to arrive. 

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Lek on March 23, 2020, 07:01:59 PM

[Engineering - USS Challenger]

Lek grimaced as those were all legitimate questions, for which he didn't have any answers. The entire plan was theoretical, but it was a solid theory, just not yet proven.

=/\= "I wouldn't bank on it working twice and it won't work for long when you do activate it. The jamming will scramble the signals from the Thought Makers and, at the very least, it will cause confusion and a brief interruption of thought processes. Enough to give every ship in the fleet a chance to do something unopposed. If we get really lucky, it will free some of those taken against their will and they will be able to act against Leyton's true believers. Either will cause chaos in his fleet." =/\=

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on March 24, 2020, 07:10:20 AM

Acting CPO ShranLahr ch'Verret
USS Challenger - Deck One - Bridge]

In the midst of the Captain's opening speech, just prior to Leyton springing his ambush, Lahr had wondered, 'What was Operation Brain Freeze?'

As the battle became pitched, with the Ip Man and Wing Chun engaged joining the fray, Lahr was so glad for Reyes presence at Ops with him.   She was the one keeping everything flowing smoothly, ensuring the Challenger's shields and phasers had the power they needed, while he played Comms Operator.

However it didn't take long for Hecate to answer, informing the Captain of her position at their flank.  Lahr didn't want to feel the slight surge of relief at hearing the Romulan's call back.   She was with them now sure... but when things not bad, would she turn on them to side with Leyton?  Or worse, abandon them the minute she took out Leyton.

When the Captain questioned Lek about using something - Lahr wasn't sure what she was talking about.   Though his mind recalled the earlier Operation Brain Freeze comment.   Did the Captain and Lek have a plan that hadn't been discussed at the  Allies meeting?   If so, then it was something that Leyton might not know about!

Lahr intended to keep it that way.  If they had a spy among the allies then Lahr needed to be sure Leyton was not informed about this Operation Brain Freeze.  The Andorian, with a quick couple of taps to his comms console, had all engineering transmissions encrypted.   And only the bridge comm was given the encryption key.   To anyone else listening in - it would sound like Lek was speaking gibberish.

Lahr had the encryption up just in time to prevent Lek's response from being picked up by any 'Ally' listening in.
Lahr's surprise at the discovery about the Tholian's and Cardassian's working in league with Leyton's side was a bit overwhelming.   Weren't these the very enemy that Leyton spoke of when he accused the civilian Federation government being too weak for not using military force against the enemy?    How then did he justify using them to his own cause?   Or were they also being brain-washed?

It took a second for the Captain's command to filter through his surprise.

With antenna writhing, Lahr attempted to reconnect to the Deimos... but the comms were definitely down.  Lahr prayed it was just a well-placed shot to the communications array, but when he managed to connect to the Phobos and they sent a visual while still in the midst of their own outnumbered battle, Lahr's blood ran cold.  The wreckage was barely recognizable as a ship much less the Deimos.

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on March 24, 2020, 10:47:13 PM

Kyle looked at his wife and simply nodded. Their shared look was all that was needed.

"Shields holding at seventy five percent, Captain." Kyle replied before turning his attention to Hecate.

Listening to the reports coming in, he feared the Deimos was gone. "Captain Hecate. If you could give the Phobos a hand with those Tholians, I think they be appreciative." he said in answer to the other CO. He was very thankful for the support they were getting but he didn't know if it would be enough.

"IKS Nih'Jev, if you can come in above the Aedile, thet Miranda Class that's giving them hell shouldn't be too much of a match for both of you." he requested.

The ship rocked once more and it caused Kyle to lurch forward hard enough that he almost bashed his head on his console. Liv will kick your ass if you get hurt. he thought to himself as he targeted Leyron's Nova. That thing was a beast.

"Shields at seventy one!" he called out.

[USS CHALLENGER - Bridge]

[Ruth, Aedile, Hecate, Gril'ka]

=/\= Thank you Lek, stand by... I'm wondering just the right time to use that... =/\=

She'd seen the questioning antennae waggle from Lahr, and sent an encrypted message to his console.

Operation Brain Freeze - is this. Be ready - Ruth

"Ops do we have any confirmation on the Deimos?  And any visual confirmation of these Tholians? Cardassians and whatever else out there?"

When Kyle said that the shields were at 71% she debated.   =/\=Lek, I know you can hear the Bridge feed, if you here Mr. Briggs announce that shields are at less than 50%... enact our little plan. =/\=

[Meanwhile on the Tal'Bath]

=/\=You got it Mr. Briggs... =/\= Hecate said "Well, here's our chance to learn about Tholians..." she said with a nod to her Tactical officer.

"Bloody hell they're fast..." he said as one whizzed past, puncturing the port side as it went past.

"Shields holding at 70%, they know we're here...how??"

[On the IKS Nih'Jev]

"Krij, Fuggez... prepare to launch your fighters, I'm sending you out against those Tholian Hunters, Tactical target the USS Falcon"

After acknowledging communication came through from her fighter pilots Captain Trurmoci turned to Gril'ka and said "We've got something else coming in now... someone told Leyton that we'd be here, or..."

"I have an idea.... but what the hell is... "

On the viewfinder 3 ships came out of nowhere into view heading straight for the Nih'Jev

"Sorry Captain but needs must..." Gril'ka said

"Fighters deploy... sending visual of targets."   =/\=Gril'ka to Challenger... we have new combatants... sending visual and... =/\=

The Ambassador shook her head as almost as soon as they deployed one of their fighters, was targeted.  Knowing he couldn't win that fight, the pilot executed an Immelmann Turn and in a daring suicide sacrifice flew straight into the enemy who had been tailing him.

=/\= Fighter down, we've lost Fuggez and the fighter Duji but our pilot showed skill, and knowing that his ship was doomed, he flew it straight into one of the enemy ships.  =/\=

[...and on the Shining Star...]

=/\= Those are Thalians Madame Ambassador... =/\= Aedile said from her perch aboard the RIW Saeirh Ehhae   =/\=Challenger we are sending out our Scorpions, we will avenge Fuggez for you Gril'ka... =/\=

Between the three of the cloaked vessels they easily took out the Falcon, which seemed to anger Leyton more, having the Redeemer turn and face them head on, in what looked like a game of chicken. It was almost like a vacuum, where the rest of the battle didn't exist to them, it was just the two of them.

It was obvious what Leyton wanted.  He didn't care in that moment what was going on around them, he wanted to get rid of the meddlesome flame-haired girl, and the ship which had plagued him for months now.  Get rid of them, and he would be free to execute his plans.  Next thing they knew he was running for them head on and veered off at just the last moment, catching them down the starboard side.

[Bridge - Challenger]

The whole ship shook as a volley of torpedoes ripped their side diagonally between decks 4-12m an almost direct hit on the Enlisted Mess Hall, resulting in many casualties with those off duty, and the galley staff taking the brunt of it there, and many calls from other decks.

"Damage Report?!"  Ruth called out.  "Mr. Litt do whatever you need to do, shake him off."

=/\= Lek? We might need that crazy scheme of yours in a moment.... =/\=

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on March 25, 2020, 05:51:04 AM

[[Sickbay - Challenger]

The look from her husband before she left the Bridge, meant everything and more, as well as giving Liv the opportunity to draw strength from it. Once inside the confines of the lift, the CMO took a moment to breathe, as the red alerts continued. However by the time that it stopped and the doors opened, Liv was once again calm and focused.

Walking into Sickbay, she was pleased to see that everyone was battle ready, the red alert nullified at least in terms of sound, allowing the medical staff to work without the added distraction. Although it still served as a reminder of what they were going through.

" How is everything and are we all ready?" she asked, wanting that confirmation and to give reassurance, before the injured started to arrive.

[Sickbay - USS Challenger]

[Dr. Maggie York]

"As ready as we're going to be, Liv..." she said as two people walked in, one bleeding from the temple the other clutching what appeared to be a broken arm.

"And now it begins... I call dibs on the head."

Calls started coming in from the damaged decks as the ship shook from the latest attack.

"Maybe I spoke too soon.  Ryder... we're gonna need everyone here.".

She exchanged a look with Liv, deciding that the junior staff could handle the minor injuries that had just come in, they were probably going to be needed for a lot worse.

[OOC: Department Heads and those NPCing Department Heads please decide who and if you want casualties from your department, and how much you want areas pertaining to your department to be damaged.  Be nice to Lek!]

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Lek

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on March 25, 2020, 07:51:07 PM

[Ruth, Aedile, Hecate, Gril'ka]

=/\= Thank you Lek, stand by... I'm wondering just the right time to use that... =/\=

[Bridge - Challenger]

The whole ship shook as a volley of torpedoes ripped their side diagonally between decks 4-12m an almost direct hit on the Enlisted Mess Hall, resulting in many casualties with those off duty, and the galley staff taking the brunt of it there, and many calls from other decks.

"Damage Report?!"  Ruth called out.  "Mr. Litt do whatever you need to do, shake him off."

Lek pulled himself off the deck and found he wasn't the only who had to do, he also saw there were a couple of his engineers were unable to do so.

=/\= "Lek to sickbay, I have casualties in main engineering. Lek out." =/\=

Looking around the room, he shouted to Gianetti.

"Report!"

"Direct hit port side midship to dorsal. Emergency bulkheads holding. Shields regenerating, currently... Crap, 15%."

"Re-initialize Point of Impact Shielding, transfer all available power from the second core and put it in the port shields!"

He then tapped his commbadge.

=/\= "All damage control teams to decks four through twelve  to seal hull breaches!" =/\=

He wiped the sweat from his brow and replied to the bridge.

=/\= "Ready for Brain Freeze anytime! Port shields are more hope than fact right now Captain. We're getting them repowered, but you have 90 seconds before they're ready. You're going to have to keep the portside away from another hit for that long or we really will have a problem!" =/\=

Alt of Ian Galloway

Kali Reyes

[Challenger - Bridge - Ops Station]

Throughout the chaos of impact, Kali made sure that her chief's comm station was at optimum power before taking in casualty messages from personnel. One officer flew back from a surge of sparks that emitted from his console, but Kali managed to grab him by the back of his uniform before his head could painfully connect to the floor. Without missing a beat, she lowered him safely to the floor before returning to her console.

"Re-routing non-essential power to primary systems," she relayed through the alert. "Life support compromised at impact sites on decks 4 through 12. All personnel on mentioned decks must clear a path for maintenance crew and take casualties to Sickbay, I repeat, all person-"

The unconscious officer's panel short circuited right into her sensor instruments. Sparks shot out and Kali instinctively reeled back as it started smoking. She quickly pulled out the sonic extinguisher and directed her attention at both Lahr and the Captain.

"Long-range sensors are down. Short-range is still operational, but the Challenger won't be able to pick up any new ships in the area," she said, already crawling underneath the smoking panel with a screwdriver between her teeth. "System restore in three minutes, Captain." The man on the floor beside her was slowly coming back to consciousness. "Name and rank."

"Ensign Takashi," he groaned, rubbing his head.

"If you can remember your name, you can hold a flashlight," she mumbled over the tool, and toed the repair kit nearby. "Steady hand, please."

ShranLahr ch'Verret

She'd seen the questioning antennae waggle from Lahr, and sent an encrypted message to his console.

"Ops do we have any confirmation on the Deimos?  And any visual confirmation of these Tholians? Cardassians and whatever else out there?"

Lahr didn't want to be the one to have to confirm the destruction of the Deimos but there was nothing he could do to avoid it.  His antenna hung low. "The Deimos is out of the battle, ma'am.  She was hit bad.  I'd estimate 70-80% fatality."  It was tragic but there was nothing really to be done.

It wasn't until the Captain asked about visual confirmation about the Tholian's and Cardassian presence that Lahr paid closer attention to the visual feed from the Phobos.   It didn't take long for one of the enemy ships to flit across the view.

"At least one Cardassian vessel confirmed, Captain. Phobos is reporting three Tholian and one Cardassian vessel.  Still awaiting visual confirmation"

When Kyle said that the shields were at 71% she debated.   =/\=Lek, I know you can hear the Bridge feed, if you here Mr. Briggs announce that shields are at less than 50%... enact our little plan. =/\=

[On the IKS Nih'Jev]

On the viewfinder 3 ships came out of nowhere into view heading straight for the Nih'Jev

=/\=Gril'ka to Challenger... we have new combatants... sending visual and... =/\=

The Ambassador shook her head as almost as soon as they deployed one of their fighters, was targeted.  Knowing he couldn't win that fight, the pilot executed an Immelmann Turn and in a daring suicide sacrifice flew straight into the enemy who had been tailing him.

=/\= Fighter down, we've lost Fuggez and the fighter Duji but our pilot showed skill, and knowing that his ship was doomed, he flew it straight into one of the enemy ships.  =/\=

[...and on the Shining Star...]

=/\= Those are Tholians Madame Ambassador... =/\= Aedile said from her perch aboard the RIW Saeirh Ehhae   =/\=Challenger we are sending out our Scorpions, we will avenge Fuggez for you Gril'ka... =/\=

Between the three of the cloaked vessels they easily took out the Falcon, which seemed to anger Leyton more, having the Redeemer turn and face them head on, in what looked like a game of chicken. It was almost like a vacuum, where the rest of the battle didn't exist to them, it was just the two of them.

It was obvious what Leyton wanted.  He didn't care in that moment what was going on around them, he wanted to get rid of the meddlesome flame-haired girl, and the ship which had plagued him for months now.  Get rid of them, and he would be free to execute his plans.  Next thing they knew he was running for them head on and veered off at just the last moment, catching them down the starboard side.

[Bridge - Challenger]

"The Nih'Jev has sent us visual confirmation of the Tholian's ma'am."

As he reported out to the Captain, Leyton sought revenge for the loss of his ships.

The impact to the ship shook the Bridge and for a moment Lahr's console blacked out... only to have light back up a second later with the re-routing of power.

He turned to give Reyes an acknowledging nod only to see her reel back from the console beside hers as it started sparking and smoking.  But Kali seemed to have it under control reacting quickly.

Three minutes was an eternity in battle.

Lahr almost was looking forward to the shields dropping - in the hopes that the Lek's plan would end all this quickly. 

Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Nathan Ryder

[Sickbay - USS Challenger]

[Dr. Maggie York]

"As ready as we're going to be, Liv..." she said as two people walked in, one bleeding from the temple the other clutching what appeared to be a broken arm.

"And now it begins... I call dibs on the head."

Calls started coming in from the damaged decks as the ship shook from the latest attack.

"Maybe I spoke too soon.  Ryder... we're gonna need everyone here.".

She exchanged a look with Liv, deciding that the junior staff could handle the minor injuries that had just come in, they were probably going to be needed for a lot worse.

"Been here the whole time, Doc," Nathan said as he greeted Liv with a small nod. However, before he could say anything else the cries for help started coming in.

Lek pulled himself off the deck and found he wasn't the only who had to do, he also saw there were a couple of his engineers were unable to do so.

=/\= "Lek to sickbay, I have casualties in main engineering. Lek out."

"Alright, guess I've got Engineering then. I'll bring any that need it up here and triage what I can down there." With a quick glance, the Counselor made eye contact with one of the more experienced junior staff members, and said, "You're with me, let's go." After all, the Ferengi had said multiple casualties and an extra set of hands would always come in handy.

ShranLahr ch'Verret

Acting CPO ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Deck One - Bridge]

With his earlier attention being on the destruction of the Deimos, Lahr had missed the Captain's missive to his console.  However he couldn't be oblivious to the flashing mail icon forever - especially as when he glanced to its source he found that it came from the Captain.

He quickly opened it and found it contain a brief summary of Operation Brain Freeze.  Oh this was good.  This had the potential to tip the battle definitely in their favor.  Assuming it worked.

Lahr normally wasn't religious but at a time like this he figured it couldn't hurt to offer up a small prayer to Uzaveh the Infinite that Lek's plan worked.

Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Richard James Litt

[USS Challenger · Bridge · Helm]

Litt stayed at the helm waiting for the captain's orders during that first alert and the orders didn't take long to come.

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on March 23, 2020, 06:43:43 PM

"From what I'm seeing we're just bouncing off the Redeemer..." Ruth said as the Challenger was rocked with incoming fire.  "But least our friends have got rid of those gnats...  Mr. Litt..." she thought quickly, "Run evasive pattern Paris Delta-4... and stay behind our Akiras if you can."

"Aye, ma'am... Hold on" Litt proceeded with the maneuver that the captains suggested and flew the challenger, trying to put the vessel behind the Akiras to have a cover.

"At your orders, ma'am." He said with a smile in his face starting to flight according to what he learned at the academy. But suddenly the ship was hit and Litt lost his balance at the seat.

When he regained it he saw that the ship was losing some power.

"I think they hit our thrusters... I'm losing speed..."

Litt said out loud worried.

Sukal

USS IP MAN
NPC:  Captain Kamiko Shibata

Leyton's counter-attack was rather devastating with the arrival of the Tholians, and a lone Cardassian ship.  The DEIMOS was a shattered ship now, and the ASGARD was taking damage from the overpowered Nova-class which served as Leyton's flagship.  Both of the enemy Akiras were out of the battle - especially the POSEIDON, but just when Kamiko thought they could swing the battle back their direction - the KUMARI-E rammed itself into the ASGARD - destroying both ships.  A shockwave swept outward toward the REDEEMER and CHALLENGER alike, but before the shockwave could impact with the task force's flagship - the USS BELFAST swept in taking the hit for them.  So powerful was the blast that it rocked the REDEEMER savagely - despite the improvements, and laid out the BELFAST with no power - electrical arcs flying over the hull.

"See if we can get some help to the BELFAST!" Captain Kamiko ordered, and soon her Akira was racing towards the wounded Ambassador-class.

"Shields are prepared to drop on your mark, Captain," came the reply from Cal.

The moment they were in range - the Captain raised her hand and lowered it swiftly, and the shields of the IP MAN came down as they began transporting crew members away from the devastated BELFAST.  At the same moment, Commander Dao let loose a new barrage of quantum torpedoes at the REDEEMER...rattling Leyton's new ship further.  It was at this time that the USS WING CHUN flew between them all, and began hurting the new Tholian arrivals with her agility and arsenal.

"This is getting messy, Captain," Commander Dao told her as the battle continued.  "We have new inbound ships coming in.  I read one Keldon-III class and two Galor-IV class cruisers approaching at high warp.  They will be arriving in 36 seconds.  I also have a Talarian cruiser and three support destroyers approaching.  Our picket ships might be in trouble real soon."

"Noted!  Make sure the Flagship is aware of the new approaches.  Soon as we get done here - get us ready to reinforce the defense line," Kamiko ordered.

"Message sent to CHALLENGER.  Whoever their Ops is over there is doing a fine job!" Cal stated proudly.

"'The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged."  ~Captain Jean-Luc Picard:  2367

Olivia Briggs

[Sickbay - Challenger]

With both Maggie and Ryder acknowledging her, Liv had to admit that she was fortunate to have colleagues like her fellow CMO, the Counsellor and the staff that kept Sickbay ticking over, especially in times of crisis. However before she could respond, the injured began to arrive, quickly followed by calls requesting assistance, particularly Engineering. Agreeing with Maggie's assessment regarding who did what in terms of treatment, before Ryder offered to go to Engineering.

She had no issue with him doing so, knowing his capabilities and given the situation, they needed all hands on deck so to speak.

" Acknowledged Ryder, we'll be prepared for any serious cases and I recommend a site to site transport, if possible and stay safe down there" she replied as he got the attention of one of their more experienced junior officer's.

Turning back to Maggie, Liv then directed the injured crewman with the broken arm to a bio bed and prepared to heal the break.

" I agree with having Chloe and the others deal with minor injuries, I'll see to the Crewman here for the moment and we're going to be on standby until the more serious cases come in".

Kyle Briggs

"Shields at sixty four percent." Kyle informed the Captain as his fingers continued to dance over his console.

He had hoped things would get a little easier once Leyton's escort Akiras were out of the picture and they could use multiple ships to concentrate more fire power on the REDEEMER but it seemed like every time they destroyed an enemy vessel and thought they may have gotten an advantage, more ships appeared out of nowhere to help out the jerk wad.

He fired several more volleys at the modified Nova before the Challenger was rocked once again and his console threw sparks at him.

"Shields at fifty eight percent." he called.

His console blinked quickly and came came back to life. As soon as his scans were up again, he noticed a flicker in the REDEEMER'S shields for just the briefest of a second. He watched his console more closely as he released his next volley.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

[OOC - referring to all above, but skipping inserting the quotes so it doesn't make a novel of a post!]

Ruth's knuckles were turning white at how hard she was gripping the armrests of her chair.  Sure she'd been in battles before but not directly responsible for the lives of others.

"Did you say 58% Mr Briggs, we'll hold on a little longer... Mr. Litt see if you can mirror the movement of the Wing Chun, I want to leave Ip Man free if I can.  Where is the Einstein?  And as much as I wanted them out of this we'll need to call in the Arkansas."

When Litt mentioned that they'd lost thrusters the Captain cursed out loud.

"Sorry not aimed at you Mr. Litt.  Mr. ch'Verret any of our ships not actively engaged with an enemy get them to give us whatever cover they can, and be ready to evacuate anyone we can..."

Ruth felt she didn't need to say it... this was getting worse by the minute and she didn't know how much longer they could hold on with multiple casualties in several departments, the Belfast gone, ...

The ship was rocked as the Redeemer came back for another attack. Ruth's eyes shone with unshed tears she was holding back. She couldn't help think about her husband, Will... about the Briggs never getting to see Elijah again, Maggie not getting to her wedding...

Taking a deep breath, sitting up straight and a look of steely resolve coming over her face with almost a glare to it she asked.  "Report, and Mr. Briggs, what we got left in our arsenal?"

Under her breath she said  "I think we're going to need that cunning plan sooner rather than later Mr. Lek..."

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Kali Reyes

The ship rocked about as the shields kept taking hits. Kali's steady fingers still made a mess of wires jumping to and fro above her head and, just as she got a hand on stabilizing the power source straight back to the motherboard, another blast bounced her forehead hard against the interior panel. Something warm slid down her cheek, though she assumed it was just a tear of frustration.

Her earpiece continued to buzz with status reports from personnel when she climbed out from underneath the console. The shields were coming down, so Kali made the executive decision to send as much power as she could to keep the lights on. "Long range sensors back online," she relayed to the bridge, then nodded to the officer with the flashlight. She wiped the sweat from her brow and didn't realize how sticky it was until she found herself smearing greenish blood all over the touchscreen.

She looked at her hand, mildly confused, then wiped the rest of her forehead with her sleeve before returning to work. Someone had to direct the evacuations in the subdecks after all. 

Zavrol Gohun

Gohun doing security rounds when suddenly all Hell broke loose. The ship rocked and rolled with the impact of weapons to the shields. The crew frantically running back and forth fixing and strengthening the shields. Suddenly Gohun received a message to go to the bridge and help at the spot he was at last battle.
Then everything went red and Gohun was only aware of a pounding that he heard a very rhythmic pounding. As Gohon continued to regain consciousness he realized that the pounding was his own heartbeat. As he opened his eyes he saw debris everywhere and an injured person. With as much energy as he could muster, he picked himself up and stabilized the crewmen. With his standard tricorder he could tell the person was a Betazoid and was able to stop any superficial bleeding. Unfortunately, emergency transporters were down and time was of the utmost importance. With that, he discovered that his arm was broken but still picked the crewmember up and started running. As he ran down the corridor people also ran around him frantically trying to keep up with the battle. After what seemed to be a marathon of running Gohun reached sickbay and left the person in good care.
With that Gohun hustled to the nearest turbolift and made it to his bridge station and said Gohun reporting for duty.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.