S3:E9 All Bad Things Come To An End

Started by Ruth Sigurdsdottir, January 31, 2020, 11:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivia Briggs

[T'Varn - Mjolnir]

" As you wish, Captain" was the Medical officer's response, now that the Arkansas had come to the Flyer's assistance. That didn't mean that T'Varn was about to put the equipment away as the other ship responded and plans were made to not only accept their help but also contact the Challenger with a further update.

For now the Vulcan retook her seat and waited for further instructions, thinking it was most fortuitous that help had arrived, when it did.

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on February 11, 2020, 06:36:22 PM

NPC (Lt jg) Nurse Chloe Davis
[USS Challenger - Mess Hall]

Chloe seemed uncertain about the advice, taking another sip of her coffee as she considered the doctor's words.  That might work for a married couple who obviously shared things quite deeply.  But things between Lahr and her were just beginning and very superficial at the moment.  Chloe didn't think the Andorian would let her in that much... not anytime soon she figured.   He seemed the sort to just laugh it off his own troubles and never mention them - burying them deep inside instead which didn't seem all that healthy to the young nurse.   She knew from rumors that after the battle to retake Innominatum nearly a year ago  Lahr had gone through a rough patch with drinking.  Chloe herself had given the Andorian more than his fair share of anti-intoxicant shots just prior to his shifts or when a sudden alert happened.  That had lessened over the intervening months.   The last time she recalled was actually not long before he asked her out.

Maybe the doctor was right.  Chloe let out a soft sigh and nodded after a moment.  "I suppose that makes sense. Thanks Doctor. I'll give that a try."

She was of course still worried, but maybe he didn't have to deal with his obvious PTSD alone.   Chloe made a mental note to talk to the counselor to see what other things she could try to help Lahr.

[Liv - Mess Hall, Challenger]

It wasn't often that she was asked for advice and Liv wouldn't take offence if it wasn't used or needed, but at least she could be honest, with how it had worked for her. In some ways it reminded her about how far she had come and changed for the better, since taking up a position on the Starbase that had led to her meeting her husband. Allowing herself to reminisce for a few moments before Chloe then responded to what was said.

" Not a problem at all Chloe, I'm happy to share advice and I hope it works for you and Lahr, also please call me Liv, when we're not on duty".

Lek

[Shuttle Onizuka - En Route to USS Challenger]

The navigation console pinged and Lek looked up from where he was working with annoyance. He was working on a gift for Helga to make up for not inviting her to Rayek's wedding and he did not appreciate the interruption. He moved to the pilot's seat and saw that the Challenger was on the move and heading for Zakdorn space.

"Why would they be going there?" He mused, but put that aside to adjust course to meet with the ship. It had been four days since he'd departed the Healy and took the Onizuka to warp to get back to the Challenger. Normally he hated long shuttle trips, but this trip gave him time for the detailed work the gift would require. The replicator on the shuttle was very limited, so it served to make his task more difficult, but he figured that the added complexity might impress Helga. After making the necessary course adjustments, he returned to his ad hoc work bench and to assembling the surprise he hoped would buy him some forgiveness.

Alt of Ian Galloway

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on February 11, 2020, 06:36:22 PM

NPC PO2 Grelek
[Mjolnir near Zakdorn]

Grelek looked back towards the Captain with a hint of smugness in his usually stoic expression.  He unmuted the channel to answer.

=/\= "Thank you, Arkansas.  We await your arrival and will contact Challenger ourselves to inform of the rendezvous location and update them as to our situation.  Mjolnir out." =/\=   He closed the channel then opened comms to Challenger.

=/\= "Mjolnir to Challenger.  Status update - please divert to the following coordinates." =/\=   He sent the map and coordinates as an attached data packet.

=/\= "Mjolnir will be hitching a ride to that location via the Arkansas.  In addition,  the Captain would like the other shuttles in the shuttlebay checked for signs of tampering as sabotage is a possibility." =/\=

[Mjolnir - near Zakdorn]

Ruth listened to the back and forth between Arkansas, Challenger and Grelek... what she didn't expect to see was a look... almost smugness on the face of the Vulcan.  Well, she could allow that!

15 mins later.....
=/A\=Mjolnir, this is the Arkansas, we are ready to tractor you in.  For the interests of safety we're going to beam you aboard first.  While I have confidence in my crew you've suffered enough and as I understand your Captain is injured.  Please advise how many persons to transport and stand by.  =/A\=

"Do the honours, Mr. Grelek." Ruth said grabbing the bag beside her.  "I tell you, I'm looking forward to a shower!"

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Bridge]

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on February 11, 2020, 09:41:27 PM

[Bridge - USS Challenger]

Kyle had moved over to his station once Will had entered the Bridge. He looked up once he heard the lift doors open just long enough to see Gohun exit and walk over to report in.

"Man the secondary station. We're moving in on the Captain's location and I want another set of hands if needed." Kyle told the young man.

As they seemed to get closer to the CO's position, he could feel himself floating back and forth between relief and still being pissed at her. But that would have to wait. First priority was to have her and the others back safe and sound aboard the Challenger.

Lahr gave the security crewman a little nod, remembering his own nervousness the first few times the Andorian had been asked to man the secondary tactical station on the Bridge.   Though he could reminisce about moments like that,  Lahr realized he didn't really miss the Sec/Tac department.   The people in it sure... but not the actual work.  Lahr had found his niche in Ops.
Quote from: William Waring on February 12, 2020, 01:27:26 AM

[Bridge]

"I'm more of a gold fan myself. I felt it really accented my eyes better." he said in a joking fashion as Evie asked and Lahr responded to the inquiry about assistance "I swear she thinks of everything, even now. Lahr, relay the information to those on standby. All hands on deck and so forth. Also..." he continued only to be interrupted by a new incoming message.

"It seems there has been a change in our regularly scheduled programming. Lahr, transmit the new coordinates and coordinate with helm to get us to them in the best possible time. Let's not overstress the engines..." he said, looking towards Kyle for a moment "...but let's not waste a minute if we can help it. It's been far too long as it is."

Lahr anticipating the Commander's first order, had the template info already written up and was just about to send it out in a wide distribution, when the comm came in from Grelek, prompting the Commander to change his orders to Lahr.

"Aye sir...coordinates sent."  Lahr had sent on the coordinates to the helm even before the order came.  Some might find that overstepping, Lahr called it being efficient and anticipating the needs of his superior.  Now all that there was left to do was continue contacting those on standby.   "Continuing to contact those on standby to prepare for final assault"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on February 12, 2020, 07:24:02 AM

It wasn't often that she was asked for advice and Liv wouldn't take offence if it wasn't used or needed, but at least she could be honest, with how it had worked for her. In some ways it reminded her about how far she had come and changed for the better, since taking up a position on the Starbase that had led to her meeting her husband. Allowing herself to reminisce for a few moments before Chloe then responded to what was said.

" Not a problem at all Chloe, I'm happy to share advice and I hope it works for you and Lahr, also please call me Liv, when we're not on duty".

Chloe could hear the honesty in the doctor's words and it made her feel a bit better.  "Thank you doctor... I mean Liv."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NPC PO2 Grelek
[Mjolnir - near Zakdorn]

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on February 12, 2020, 04:35:13 PM

[Mjolnir - near Zakdorn]

Ruth listened to the back and forth between Arkansas, Challenger and Grelek... what she didn't expect to see was a look... almost smugness on the face of the Vulcan.  Well, she could allow that!

15 mins later.....
=/A\=Mjolnir, this is the Arkansas, we are ready to tractor you in.  For the interests of safety we're going to beam you aboard first.  While I have confidence in my crew you've suffered enough and as I understand your Captain is injured.  Please advise how many persons to transport and stand by.  =/A\=

"Do the honours, Mr. Grelek." Ruth said grabbing the bag beside her.  "I tell you, I'm looking forward to a shower!"

=/\= "Acknowledged Arkansas. Mjolnir has a crew of five. We are standing by." =/\=
Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Olivia Briggs

[Mess Hall - Challenger]

As Chloe thanked her and called her by her first name, Liv smiled, happy that the Nurse felt comfortable enough to not only confide in her, but also be a bit more personal.

Her role was still relatively new on the ship, but that hadn't stopped Liv from being who she was, nor had it made her forget where she came from.

" I'm glad that we were able to talk like this, outside of work, speaking of, I'm due in Sickbay shortly, but first dessert .... is there anything I can get you?".

Liv would wait and then if Chloe wanted something, would get it alongside her request. Normally she didn't always divulge in desserts during the day, unless at home, but the sugary treat would give an extra energy boost.

She then finished the last bite of her salad and reached for her drink.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on February 13, 2020, 03:02:24 AM

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr gave the security crewman a little nod, remembering his own nervousness the first few times the Andorian had been asked to man the secondary tactical station on the Bridge.   Though he could reminisce about moments like that,  Lahr realized he didn't really miss the Sec/Tac department.   The people in it sure... but not the actual work.  Lahr had found his niche in Ops.

Lahr anticipating the Commander's first order, had the template info already written up and was just about to send it out in a wide distribution, when the comm came in from Grelek, prompting the Commander to change his orders to Lahr.

"Aye sir...coordinates sent."  Lahr had sent on the coordinates to the helm even before the order came.  Some might find that overstepping, Lahr called it being efficient and anticipating the needs of his superior.  Now all that there was left to do was continue contacting those on standby.   "Continuing to contact those on standby to prepare for final assault"

Quote from: William Waring on February 12, 2020, 01:27:26 AM

[Bridge]

"I'm more of a gold fan myself. I felt it really accented my eyes better." he said in a joking fashion as Evie asked and Lahr responded to the inquiry about assistance "I swear she thinks of everything, even now. Lahr, relay the information to those on standby. All hands on deck and so forth. Also..." he continued only to be interrupted by a new incoming message.
"It seems there has been a change in our regularly scheduled programming. Lahr, transmit the new coordinates and coordinate with helm to get us to them in the best possible time. Let's not overstress the engines..." he said, looking towards Kyle for a moment "...but let's not waste a minute if we can help it. It's been far too long as it is."

[Challenger - Bridge]
[As NPC Lt. Cmdr Evie Wardropper, CSO]

Evie gave Will a grin, glad that he was getting back into the swing of things.

"Never cared for yellow really, in any shade, either for duty or in civvies... used to clash with my hair!" she chuckled.

"What's our ETA now seeing as the Arkansas is picking up our beloved leader.  On the plus side you get to see her quicker!" the CSO smiled at the XO.

"Of course there are downsides... that also means that we're going to be facing Leyton... soon." she said a note of trepidation coming into her voice.  "I'm starting to think more and more that retirement is a great option."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on February 13, 2020, 03:02:24 AM

NPC PO2 Grelek
[Mjolnir - near Zakdorn]

=/\= "Acknowledged Arkansas. Mjolnir has a crew of five. We are standing by." =/\=

[USS Arkansas/Delta Flyer Mjolnir]

[Captain Noel Hampton/Ruth/Medical/Ops/Conn/Transporter Room]

[Bridge - Arkansas]

=/\=Medical be ready we're beaming the Mjolnir inhabitants aboard now, one reported injury, but they could all be suffering from hunger and thirst as well as fatigue. =/\=

=/\=We already have Ensign Eless in Transporter Room 1, waiting, Sir. =/\=

"I'm going down to the Transporter Room.  Shildon, you have the conn."

"Aye Sir, I have the conn." Shildon replied and moved to the centre seat.  The poor 4th year Tactical cadet had never felt more trepidation in his life.  He was of course overseen by the Bridge officer, a grizzly Lt. Commander MacGregor who was seen but not heard.  He was on hand to take over if anything went wrong.

Shildon realised that the Captain hadn't given the order to beam the crew of the Mjolnir aboard, nor to start the tractor beam to drag the Mjolnir into their shuttlebay.

=/\=Transporter Room, 5 to beam up from the Mjolnir =/\=, "Ops be ready to tractor in the Mjolnir as soon as the Transporter Room confirms that they have the 5 occupants aboard, and confirm with the USS Challenger that we have them."

"Aye...um... Aye..." the Ops Cadet answered not really sure how to address or acknowledge an order from a fellow cadet.

[Mjolnir >Transporter Room - USS Arkansas]

Ruth waited as the blue light swirled and took her to a Transporter Room looking much like any other she'd been in on various ships.  An older man stood off to one side, along with a cadet in teal and the one in gold at the transporter controls.

Still clutching her overnight bag like her life depended on it.  She took 2 steps in the direction of the Captain opened her mouth to acknowledge and thank him and promptly passed out, the stress and lack of any proper food for the last couple of days (she'd not been eating, the rest of the crew of the Mjolnir had fared pretty well with the snacks that had been previously packed and what they could get from the replicator).

"Captain, I tha--" Ruth started before the blackness took her.

=/\=Bridge this is Transporter Room 1 - We have the 5 occupants aboard, I'd say safely tho the one I think is the Captain has just passed out. =/\=

=/\=Acknowledged Transporter Room, Thank you.  =/\=

"I'm already on it..." the cadet at the Ops station said with a grin at his fellow cadet who was feeling decidedly nervous in the centre seat.

"Tractor beam locked on, and...." a few tense moments passed and they waited almost not drawing breath.  "Mjolnir safely aboard."

"You have the course for the rendezvous with the Challenger I believe helm... carry on."

=/A\=Challenger, this is the USS Arkansas, we have Captain Sigurdsdottir, the 4 other occupants and the Mjolnir safely aboard, we will see you at the rendezvous point.  =/A\=

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Deck One - Bridge]

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on February 13, 2020, 04:15:26 PM

[Challenger - Bridge]
[As NPC Lt. Cmdr Evie Wardropper, CSO]

Evie gave Will a grin, glad that he was getting back into the swing of things.

"Never cared for yellow really, in any shade, either for duty or in civvies... used to clash with my hair!" she chuckled.

"What's our ETA now seeing as the Arkansas is picking up our beloved leader.  On the plus side you get to see her quicker!" the CSO smiled at the XO.

"Of course there are downsides... that also means that we're going to be facing Leyton... soon." she said a note of trepidation coming into her voice.  "I'm starting to think more and more that retirement is a great option."

Lahr looked over the coordinates and compared them to the ships current speed and did a quick calculation on his console.  "By my estimate ETA is in just over an hour's time, ma'am." the Andorian announced though he looked to Hoshi, the Flight officer, for confirmation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NPC PO2 Grelek
[Delta Flyer Mjolnir >> USS Arkansas]

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on February 13, 2020, 04:15:26 PM

[USS Arkansas/Delta Flyer Mjolnir]

Ruth waited as the blue light swirled and took her to a Transporter Room looking much like any other she'd been in on various ships.  An older man stood off to one side, along with a cadet in teal and the one in gold at the transporter controls.

Still clutching her overnight bag like her life depended on it.  She took 2 steps in the direction of the Captain opened her mouth to acknowledge and thank him and promptly passed out, the stress and lack of any proper food for the last couple of days (she'd not been eating, the rest of the crew of the Mjolnir had fared pretty well with the snacks that had been previously packed and what they could get from the replicator).

"Captain, I tha--" Ruth started before the blackness took her.

=/\=Bridge this is Transporter Room 1 - We have the 5 occupants aboard, I'd say safely tho the one I think is the Captain has just passed out. =/\=

=/\=Acknowledged Transporter Room, Thank you.  =/\=

"I'm already on it..." the cadet at the Ops station said with a grin at his fellow cadet who was feeling decidedly nervous in the centre seat.

"Tractor beam locked on, and...." a few tense moments passed and they waited almost not drawing breath.  "Mjolnir safely aboard."

"You have the course for the rendezvous with the Challenger I believe helm... carry on."

=/A\=Challenger, this is the USS Arkansas, we have Captain Sigurdsdottir, the 4 other occupants and the Mjolnir safely aboard, we will see you at the rendezvous point.  =/A\=

Grelek, being Vulcan, had thought little about the implications of extended fasting on a human's physiology.  He honestly had thought the Captain HAD been eating enough - the Flyer had been fairly well stocked.   But Ruth's sudden pallor change as she stepped forward to greet the other Captain gave him just enough warning to move in beside to her catch her falling limp form.   He carefully laid her down and motioned T'Varn to look her over.  "Check her over." He was half expecting a foreign illness or poison, not stress and near starvation.

He would be bit disappointed in himself and the medical crewman for not recognizing the signs before now, when the cause was noted.   Though nothing these 'feelings' would show in his stoic expression at the time..

Back on the Challenger, Lahr happily passed on the message to the Commander and others on the Bridge.

=/\= "Thank you, Arkansas. We will see you in an hour!" =/\=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on February 13, 2020, 08:45:51 AM

[Mess Hall - Challenger]

As Chloe thanked her and called her by her first name, Liv smiled, happy that the Nurse felt comfortable enough to not only confide in her, but also be a bit more personal.

Her role was still relatively new on the ship, but that hadn't stopped Liv from being who she was, nor had it made her forget where she came from.

" I'm glad that we were able to talk like this, outside of work, speaking of, I'm due in Sickbay shortly, but first dessert .... is there anything I can get you?".

Liv would wait and then if Chloe wanted something, would get it alongside her request. Normally she didn't always divulge in desserts during the day, unless at home, but the sugary treat would give an extra energy boost.

She then finished the last bite of her salad and reached for her drink.

At Liv's offer to get her something,  Chloe looked down to her as yet untouched Spanish omelette.  She was still using her coffee as a crutch to keep awake. The nurse looked back up to Liv and smiled but shook her head. "Thanks but I should be fine unless you are offering caffeine shots."

With a sigh she took another longer swallow of coffee before setting it down and picking up a fork to start in on some actual food.

"Well, you make it easy to open up.  You care and it shows in your 'beside manner'.  I think that's what makes you such a good doctor." Chloe commented before popping the forkful of egg, cheese and salsa into her mouth to chew.

Olivia Briggs

[T'Varn - Arkansas Transporter Room]

Once the group from the Mjolnir had beamed across to their rescuers ship, T'Varn proceeded to look around the room, noting those present, until the Captain then began to speak, before collapsing. At first the medical officer was concerned as to why that had happened, when the burns she received were only superficial, then through processing logic, she surmised as to what the cause may be.

So when Grelek asked her to check the Captain over, T'Varn nodded and then dropped to her side, scanner out as the Arkansas crew spoke with one another.

" The Captain is showing signs of fatigue and lack of sustenance, both combined, have resulted in the collapse, I recommend we get her to Sickbay immediately to begin treatment".

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on February 13, 2020, 06:04:52 PM

At Liv's offer to get her something,  Chloe looked down to her as yet untouched Spanish omelette.  She was still using her coffee as a crutch to keep awake. The nurse looked back up to Liv and smiled but shook her head. "Thanks but I should be fine unless you are offering caffeine shots."

With a sigh she took another longer swallow of coffee before setting it down and picking up a fork to start in on some actual food.

"Well, you make it easy to open up.  You care and it shows in your 'beside manner'.  I think that's what makes you such a good doctor." Chloe commented before popping the forkful of egg, cheese and salsa into her mouth to chew.

" Not yet anyway, lets see how our shift goes later, before we rely on the caffeine shots" Liv replied jokingly as Chloe smiled and politely declined her offer of getting her something. So Liv left the table briefly to fetch a slice of chocolate cake, with fruit and cream, pure indulgence with an added healthy element, the perfect balance.

Returning as Chloe began to eat the Spanish omelette that she had chosen, happy to see her eating as she then complimented Liv, which the Doctor appreciated, as that's who she was and it was nice to know that she hadn't lost that.

" That's very kind of you to say Chloe and back when I met first Kyle, I did embark on a brief career as a Counsellor, because people found it easy to open up to me and its nice to know, that I can still help that way".

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Deck One - Bridge]

Lahr looked over the coordinates and compared them to the ships current speed and did a quick calculation on his console.  "By my estimate ETA is in just over an hour's time, ma'am." the Andorian announced though he looked to Hoshi, the Flight officer, for confirmation.

[As NPC Evie Wardropper, CSO]

"Time enough for a cuppa then, eh, Commander?  Would you permit that on the Bridge just once, I think we can allow a celebratory cuppa seeing as we are imminently getting Ruth back?!" Evie asked.  "If so what can we get everyone?!  While I don't recommend relaxing totally given the environment we're in, rather too close to Breen territory for my liking and then Leyton on top of that...but we can ease up on the worry at least!" she said, her Grandmotherly tendencies kicking in.

NPC PO2 Grelek
[Delta Flyer Mjolnir >> USS Arkansas]

Grelek, being Vulcan, had thought little about the implications of extended fasting on a human's physiology.  He honestly had thought the Captain HAD been eating enough - the Flyer had been fairly well stocked.   But Ruth's sudden pallor change as she stepped forward to greet the other Captain gave him just enough warning to move in beside to her catch her falling limp form.   He carefully laid her down and motioned T'Varn to look her over.  "Check her over." He was half expecting a foreign illness or poison, not stress and near starvation.

He would be bit disappointed in himself and the medical crewman for not recognizing the signs before now, when the cause was noted.   Though nothing these 'feelings' would show in his stoic expression at the time..

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on February 14, 2020, 02:57:03 AM

Once the group from the Mjolnir had beamed across to their rescuers ship, T'Varn proceeded to look around the room, noting those present, until the Captain then began to speak, before collapsing. At first the medical officer was concerned as to why that had happened, when the burns she received were only superficial, then through processing logic, she surmised as to what the cause may be.

So when Grelek asked her to check the Captain over, T'Varn nodded and then dropped to her side, scanner out as the Arkansas crew spoke with one another.

" The Captain is showing signs of fatigue and lack of sustenance, both combined, have resulted in the collapse, I recommend we get her to Sickbay immediately to begin treatment".

[USS Arkansas Transporter Room 1 > Sickbay]
[Ruth, Captain Noel Hampton, Ensign Eless]

Ensign Eless was too slow to get to Captain Sigurdsdottir but nodded mutely at the Vulcan medic who had come over with those from the Delta Flyer.

"What about the rest of you, are you well in yourselves, anything you need other than rest, a shower perhaps and some grub?"

The hearty Yorkshire girl was concerned but her bubbly personality shone through.  "Now then, need to get her to sickbay.  I don't think it warrants a site to site does it Captain?"  she looked to Hampton for confirmation.

"No, no... with your permission Petty Officers??" he said to Grelek and T'Varn  "I'm fine to carry Captain Sigurdsdottir to Sickbay.  My Gods,.." he said sniffing when he got close to her head.  "What on Earth happened to her hair?!  She's got burns too... quickly!"

He scooped her up in his arms like she was a baby and almost ran to the nearest Turbolift. "You!" he said shouting at T'Varn

"I'm sorry don't know names yet, Eless get in here, the rest follow please, I don't want to hand you over to Challenger and not have you checked over first and be cited as negligent."

[Sickbay - USS Arkansas]

Captain Hampton laid Ruth gently on a biobed and signalled to two Medical cadets who rushed over.  "This is Captain Sigurdsdottir of the USS Challenger. Shortly there will be 4 other members of the Mjolnir crew coming up, one is a Vulcan medic.  She'll be in charge of looking after Captain Sigurdsdottir.  Do whatever she deems is required.  The  3 other crew will coming up to be checked over.  Make them comfortable."

"Yessir, how can we help, Miss erm... Captain Sigurdsdottir... " the cadet stuttered looking lost.

Ruth stirred, coming around and laid a hand on the cadet's arm causing him to jump.  "First, you calm down.  Second you get me a drink of water please!  Third you find me a decent hairdresser and Forth where are the rest of my crew?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Transporter Room - USS Arkansas]

A Security cadet came running in at full speed almost bumping into Grelek.  "Sorry Sirs, Ma'am... I just got the message to escort you to Sickbay.  If you'll follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
50 mins later...
[USS Arkansas]

Ruth was asleep, having had a drink, requesting a bacon sandwich and wolfing it down and having had the ends of her hair tidied up, followed by a wash and blow dry so it didn't smell of burnt and charred ends.  Dressed now just in medical scrubs, she felt warm and safe and had drifted off to sleep.

[Bridge - Arkansas]

=/\=Attention all hands we are approaching the rendezvous point to meet with the USS Challenger.  Best behaviour now please, these are the big boys!! =/\=

He allowed himself a little chuckle and then continued  =/\= Helm slow to Warp 2 then come to full stop at rendezvous point or before if we get eyes on the Challenger.  Medical prepare to beam Captain Sigurdsdottir to their Sickbay, with Petty Officer T'Varn if she would like to go with her.  Transporter Room please be ready to send across the other members of Challenger's crew, who should make your way down to the Transporter Room please.  I will send a member of the security department to help you find your way there.  Thank you for travelling Arkansas Airways... =/\= Hampton chuckled.

"Ops open a channel to Challenger." he ordered.

"Channel open" was the answering reply.

=/A\=Challenger this is Captain Hamton of the USS Arkansas, we are about 5 mins out from the rendezvous position and have you on sensors.  We have Captain Sigurdsdottir ready to beam direct to your Sickbay, please do not be alarmed, she was suffering from fatigue and malnutrition... and she said to say to Commander Waring 'lack of coffee' with the assurance that he'd understand where she was coming from!  Your other crew members can be beamed to wherever you require them, please advise.  Also how would you like to get your Delta Flyer across?  Maybe have your Chief of Engineering liaise with Flight and Ops on that one, we await your decision.  Hampton out.  =/A\=

ShranLahr ch'Verret

NPC PO2 Grelek

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on February 14, 2020, 12:23:24 PM

Ensign Eless was too slow to get to Captain Sigurdsdottir but nodded mutely at the Vulcan medic who had come over with those from the Delta Flyer.

"What about the rest of you, are you well in yourselves, anything you need other than rest, a shower perhaps and some grub?"

The hearty Yorkshire girl was concerned but her bubbly personality shone through.  "Now then, need to get her to sickbay.  I don't think it warrants a site to site does it Captain?"  she looked to Hampton for confirmation.

"No, no... with your permission Petty Officers??" he said to Grelek and T'Varn  "I'm fine to carry Captain Sigurdsdottir to Sickbay.  My Gods,.." he said sniffing when he got close to her head.  "What on Earth happened to her hair?!  She's got burns too... quickly!"

He scooped her up in his arms like she was a baby and almost ran to the nearest Turbolift. "You!" he said shouting at T'Varn

"I'm sorry don't know names yet, Eless get in here, the rest follow please, I don't want to hand you over to Challenger and not have you checked over first and be cited as negligent."

Grelek assured Captain Hampton that he was fine, before looking to the others we had been on the shuttle with him.  He hadn't noticed the Captain's poor health. Were  the others also in need of assistance?   While he considered this, Captain Siggurdsdottir was unexpected lifted up by Captain Hampton who took it upon himself to carry her up to Sickbay, without waiting on the others.   Grelek found that to be rather odd.   He rose to follow but was interrupted by the arrival of a security cadet.

A Security cadet came running in at full speed almost bumping into Grelek.  "Sorry Sirs, Ma'am... I just got the message to escort you to Sickbay.  If you'll follow me."

Grelek by this time had lost sight of the two Captains.   Logically, Captain Siggurdsdottir should be entirely fine in the care of the crew of the Arkansas yet Grelek looked back towards Challengers own security crewmember and gave the man a subtle head nod towards where the Captain was carried off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger – Deck One – Bridge]

[Bridge - Arkansas]

=/\=Attention all hands we are approaching the rendezvous point to meet with the USS Challenger.  Best behaviour now please, these are the big boys!! =/\=

He allowed himself a little chuckle and then continued  =/\= Helm slow to Warp 2 then come to full stop at rendezvous point or before if we get eyes on the Challenger.  Medical prepare to beam Captain Sigurdsdottir to their Sickbay, with Petty Officer T'Varn if she would like to go with her.  Transporter Room please be ready to send across the other members of Challenger's crew, who should make your way down to the Transporter Room please.  I will send a member of the security department to help you find your way there.  Thank you for travelling Arkansas Airways... =/\= Hampton chuckled.

=/A\=Challenger this is Captain Hamton of the USS Arkansas, we are about 5 mins out from the rendezvous position and have you on sensors.  We have Captain Sigurdsdottir ready to beam direct to your Sickbay, please do not be alarmed, she was suffering from fatigue and malnutrition... and she said to say to Commander Waring 'lack of coffee' with the assurance that he'd understand where she was coming from!  Your other crew members can be beamed to wherever you require them, please advise.  Also how would you like to get your Delta Flyer across?  Maybe have your Chief of Engineering liaise with Flight and Ops on that one, we await your decision.  Hampton out.  =/A\=

Despite the Arkansas' statement not to be alarmed, Lahr couldn't help but be overly concerned about the state of his Captain.  Fatigue and malnutrition?  How had this happened?   When had this happened?  Why hadn't Grelek mentioned anything?

Lahr's antenna drooped.  This was his fault.  He never should have let the Captain go off after the Bathory.   He'd thought that having others with her would make it okay but apparently they couldn't do what they'd been sent along for - keep her safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Not yet anyway, lets see how our shift goes later, before we rely on the caffeine shots" Liv replied jokingly as Chloe smiled and politely declined her offer of getting her something. So Liv left the table briefly to fetch a slice of chocolate cake, with fruit and cream, pure indulgence with an added healthy element, the perfect balance.

Returning as Chloe began to eat the Spanish omelette that she had chosen, happy to see her eating as she then complimented Liv, which the Doctor appreciated, as that's who she was and it was nice to know that she hadn't lost that.

" That's very kind of you to say Chloe and back when I met first Kyle, I did embark on a brief career as a Counsellor, because people found it easy to open up to me and its nice to know, that I can still help that way".

Chloe swallowed the mouthful she'd been chewing and took another sip of her coffee as she learned a bit about Liv's past.   "Oh?  I hadn't known that you were once a counselor.  But that does fit your personality."  the nurse remarked.

Given this news, it made Chloe a little more open to the doctor's idea of how to deal with Lahr's issues.

Olivia Briggs

[T'Varn - Arkansas]

Of course the medical officer was deeply troubled by the events now unfolding in the Arkansas transporter room, especially when the Captain was scooped up and rushed to Sickbay. T'Varn quickly followed, ready to give an explanation, but she had only followed orders causing the delay in treatment. However that was here nor there, at the moment as she dutifully took up a place, near the Captain, as she then spoke to those around her.

T'Varn was deemed well, even though the medical officer had insisted as much, although did accept the offer of nourishment and getting refreshed. Returning to Sickbay in a clean uniform, ready to assist with the beam over to Challenger.

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on February 15, 2020, 01:25:37 AM

Chloe swallowed the mouthful she'd been chewing and took another sip of her coffee as she learned a bit about Liv's past.   "Oh?  I hadn't known that you were once a counselor.  But that does fit your personality."  the nurse remarked.

Given this news, it made Chloe a little more open to the doctor's idea of how to deal with Lahr's issues.

" It was a long time ago, well it feels like it sometimes and thank you, that's exactly the same reaction Kyle had when I first told him about it ....."

For a moment Liv thought back to when she had first decided to give counselling a try on the Arizona, when her and Kyle had first began to see each other and he subsequently transferred due to his promotion. She definitely preferred how things were now, when they could remain on the same ship and not have to worry about any more enforced time apart.

" It seemed like the perfect balance alongside my duties in the Mess Hall, however when I moved ships to be with Kyle, I kind of gave it up, at least in a separate role and I guess, it never truly went away, with my natural instinct to help people".

Zavrol Gohun

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on February 11, 2020, 09:41:27 PM

[Bridge - USS Challenger]

Kyle had moved over to his station once Will had entered the Bridge. He looked up once he heard the lift doors open just long enough to see Gohun exit and walk over to report in.

"Man the secondary station. We're moving in on the Captain's location and I want another set of hands if needed." Kyle told the young man.

As they seemed to get closer to the CO's position, he could feel himself floating back and forth between relief and still being pissed at her. But that would have to wait. First priority was to have her and the others back safe and sound aboard the Challenger.

[Bailey - Mjolnir]

Bailey had looked over the PADD the Captain had shared with him and Litt and he was silently wishing for no Breen intervention as well. The shuttle was just not equipped for such an encounter. When they were contacted by the Arkansas, he was glad to hear it. Hopefully, they would arrive soon and be able to repair the shuttle and by then, maybe the Challenger will catch up as well.

Gohun stood in place for what seemed like forever by was for a mere moments. The captain was gone?
What other things did Gohun miss during the wedding. He didn't understand the rest of the crew said the wedding went great. What would they consider bad wedding. These people are crazy. Why is having such a hard time fitting in with them.

As Gohun listened to the back and forth snapped back into reality. "Aye Captain" Gohun briskly moved to control panel and logged.   "Security ready sir"

William Waring

[As NPC Evie Wardropper, CSO]

"Time enough for a cuppa then, eh, Commander?  Would you permit that on the Bridge just once, I think we can allow a celebratory cuppa seeing as we are imminently getting Ruth back?!" Evie asked.  "If so what can we get everyone?!  While I don't recommend relaxing totally given the environment we're in, rather too close to Breen territory for my liking and then Leyton on top of that...but we can ease up on the worry at least!" she said, her Grandmotherly tendencies kicking in.

[Ruth, Captain Noel Hampton, Ensign Eless]

[Sickbay - USS Arkansas]

Captain Hampton laid Ruth gently on a biobed and signalled to two Medical cadets who rushed over.  "This is Captain Sigurdsdottir of the USS Challenger. Shortly there will be 4 other members of the Mjolnir crew coming up, one is a Vulcan medic.  She'll be in charge of looking after Captain Sigurdsdottir.  Do whatever she deems is required.  The  3 other crew will coming up to be checked over.  Make them comfortable."

"Yessir, how can we help, Miss erm... Captain Sigurdsdottir... " the cadet stuttered looking lost.

Ruth stirred, coming around and laid a hand on the cadet's arm causing him to jump.  "First, you calm down.  Second you get me a drink of water please!  Third you find me a decent hairdresser and Forth where are the rest of my crew?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Transporter Room - USS Arkansas]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
50 mins later...
[USS Arkansas]

Ruth was asleep, having had a drink, requesting a bacon sandwich and wolfing it down and having had the ends of her hair tidied up, followed by a wash and blow dry so it didn't smell of burnt and charred ends.  Dressed now just in medical scrubs, she felt warm and safe and had drifted off to sleep.

[Bridge - Arkansas]

[Bridge]

=A= Commander Waring of the Challenger here. Your assistance was very much appreciated, Captain. I personally owe you a crate of whatever drink you prefer because of this. =A= (he said, trying not to freak out)

=A= We will have Medical Teams standing by for the Captain and, assuming the others are healthy, they shall beam directly to Transporter Room 1. Operations will relay the coordinates for both locations. As for the Flyer, our Assistant Chief Engineer will liaise with your shipboard operations. We will be standing by to receive when you are ready. Again, Captain, you have our thanks. Waring out =A=

Will keyed up for the Assistant Chief Engineer to work with the necessary teams to recover the Flyer. He also notified Medical to prepare to receive Ruth although where he was headed, he could've told them himself. He quickly made his way to the turbolift and called for Sickbay as his destination, "Kyle, keep an eye" he said, assuming Kyle would stay the post while he tended to a more personal matter.

[Turbolift --> Sickbay]
=A= Waring to Olivia Briggs, Ruth is being in soon. Malnutrition and fatigue. I don't know if the notice made its way to you yet but I want you there to receive her when she is beamed over. I am already on my way to Sickbay now. Waring out. =A=

RESERVED

ShranLahr ch'Verret

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on February 15, 2020, 05:28:16 AM

" It was a long time ago, well it feels like it sometimes and thank you, that's exactly the same reaction Kyle had when I first told him about it ....."

For a moment Liv thought back to when she had first decided to give counselling a try on the Arizona, when her and Kyle had first began to see each other and he subsequently transferred due to his promotion. She definitely preferred how things were now, when they could remain on the same ship and not have to worry about any more enforced time apart.

" It seemed like the perfect balance alongside my duties in the Mess Hall, however when I moved ships to be with Kyle, I kind of gave it up, at least in a separate role and I guess, it never truly went away, with my natural instinct to help people".

"Well, I'm certainly grateful for it."

Anything more she might have wanted to say was interrupted by an incoming call.

Quote from: William Waring on February 16, 2020, 01:55:08 AM

[Turbolift --> Sickbay]
=A= Waring to Olivia Briggs, Ruth is being in soon. Malnutrition and fatigue. I don't know if the notice made its way to you yet but I want you there to receive her when she is beamed over. I am already on my way to Sickbay now. Waring out. =A=

"Seems you are needed doctor.  I'll stay and finish up my breakfast.  Thanks again for your advice about Lahr.  I'll try not to push and let him talk when he's ready."

Lek

[Shuttlecraft Onizuka]

Lek fastened the last connection on his project and smiled. It was perfect and he was certain Helga would love it. He just hoped she didn't try it out on him to see if he was right about the quality. Having finished his gift, he figured it was time to check on his position and see how much longer it would take before he linked up with the Challenger. He moved to the helm station and ran a quick scan. He was at the edge of communications range and he might as well let them know he was on his way.

=/\= "Onizuka to Challenger. Lieutenant Lek here, do you copy?" =/\=

Alt of Ian Galloway

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.