S3:E8 BEGINNINGS AND ENDINGS

Started by Ruth Sigurdsdottir, January 04, 2020, 12:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Captain's Quarters - Evening, 3 days before the wedding]

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 13, 2020, 09:46:01 AM

[Captain's Quarters - Evening, 3 days before the wedding]

Ruth giggled.  "You know Lahr, you were a friend to me from day one of me coming to the Challenger, I was rather thrown in the thick of it and I was able to rely on you, not just as a crewmember but yeah, as a friend.  And having dated an Andorian before I don't say this lightly... Andorians are amongst my top 3 favourite races, not least because the ones I've come into contact with are faithful to a fault.  Most aren't as jovial as you but they aren't a dour race, like say, Vulcans... not all Vulcans, but you know they have the more staid, stoic outlook generally.  Sukal could crack a joke now and then and wasn't above pulling pranks either let me tell you!"

When he mentioned about Will, she wasn't sure if she should reprimand him, but took it in the vein that it was meant, and she felt the tears pricking her eyes before she could stop them.  Dashing them away and sniffing, the Captain took a few deep breaths and then nodded reaching to take one of Lahr's hands.  She didn't admit that had Will not come back into her life, she might've considered a relationship with Lahr herself.  She believed he was trying his luck with Chloe Davis tho so she wasn't going to mess that up!

"Tha-that's kinda what I meant what I was saying about you being faithful.  That's why when we went into the Crimson Nebula and when the away team went onto the asteroid... I was scared.  But there were only probably 2 people on the ship at that time 4 people in total in the crew that I would have admitted that to.  You, Liv, Kyle and Will... Kyle and Will of course were over there.  And you showed what a friend you were at the same time as being a good crew member and allowing me to keep my head in the game... not telling me about Will until he was safely back on board! Well comparatively safe, his shoulder is going to be fine.  As for match-making... how's Helga and Lek getting on?  Yeah, I know about that one!"

She gave a smile.  "Thank you, Lahr, and since you like my digs, and have broken the ice and finally got your blue backside down here... might I be allowed to think that you'll grace these quarters with your presence a bit more often.  Will doesn't have a say in the matter." She grinned putting the tip of her tongue out.  "If he complains first I get you to lock the replicator codes for coffee so he can't order any coffee until I give the say so to unblock the lock... and then there's always the axes!"

She started giggling which then turned into a cough .  "Oh, yeah if you're in my Ready Room between now and I get back from honeymoon don't assume that I've been robbed.  The axes are in the Mjolnir... I intend teasing Will with them while we're away!  Aren't I evil!  So shall we go get some grub... you need to change?  Feel free to use my shower - there's real water in there if you need and replicate anything you need clothing wise.  I promise not to peak, there's towels in there and it's large enough to dress in so I won't see a thing!"

Lahr's antenna drooped a bit when he noticed that his words which had been meant to reassure her caused her to get misty-eyed.  The Andorian always felt uncomfortable around crying women.

When she took his hand, Lahr was a bit surprised, but their Captain was the sort to give hugs to her First Officer - both past and present.  Lahr was kinda honored to be counted among those she felt close to.  One of four - that was kinda special.

Her question about Lek and Helga produced a grimace.  "Please don't go there.  They make a great couple.  However, it ain't my fault when Lek messes it up.  My job is just to bring them together, not keep them together."  Actually, Lahr did feel a sense of responsibility to the couple and he had plans to talk to Lek when the Ferengi was back.  Hopefully before Helga got her hands on him... or he might be visiting Lek in Sickbay.

The offer to visit more often was met with a nod, though the Andorian couldn't think of a time when he would feel it was appropriate.  Well, maybe if the Captain started holding 'Poker Night'.  "Sure thing." he said to be polite, hoping she would move the conversation on which thankfully she did, commenting about not worrying about her axes not being in her Ready Room.

But Lahr was totally unprepared for the Captain to offer the use of her shower for him to dress for dinner - despite her assurance of 'not peeking'.   His antenna twitched uncertainly a moment before he tried to play it off as if the Captain were joking.  That way they both could save face.

"Good one there Captain! For a second I actually believed you!  I mean can you imagine how bad that would look? Especially just before your wedding, if your fiance were to decide to surprise you with a visit - just out from Sickbay.  Yeah, wow.  I can't imagine I'd have much of a career after that.  So I hope you understand when I play along and say... No thanks.  I'm looking forward to being Assistant Chief not scrubbing the hull."  He grinned hoping she understood.

"I can forego a change of clothes, or meet you there in say 10 minutes." he offered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Grauman's Cafe - Innominatum Base - Morning of the Wedding]

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 13, 2020, 09:46:01 AM

[NPCs Guuthash - Nausicaan, Marvial and Rosa - Angosians, Olga-Frid Thorsdottir - Human working for the Angosians]

"Excuse me?" Olga-Frid said to the large male that had just come in and the Androrian.  "Are you of the wedding party?  Just we can't seem to find out where exactly the ceremony and the reception is being held and all the Federation types seem to be busy beyond busy so we haven't dared ask any of those and the civilians don't seem to have a clue other than they know some bigwig is getting married today and they're a bit pissed at there being about 5 million - as far as they are over exaggerating - extra people on the station!"

Quote from: Stryker Aune on January 13, 2020, 02:35:50 PM

[Innominatum Outpost - Grauman's Cafe - Early]

Sven was enjoying the aroma of the coffee. It usually brought on feelings of happiness for him. The cafe was nice, for something on an outpost. He was reading a report from the JAG office when a slightly familiar face appeared.

"Oh, hi ShranLahr." he said with a jovial, but tired smile. "It's been awhile hasn't it? I never did apologize for that nasty business with the Klingons. You really took one for the team there didn't you?" he set his PADD down. "By all means." he motioned to the empty chair. "It's better than sitting all along. And you guessed it. Here for Ruth's wedding. Not sure how I feel about it. I don't know this Will fella well. Then again, it isn't my choice I suppose." he didn't bother to correct Lahr on the ranking. It wasn't important.

A short while later a few people that had been in the cafe approached.

"Oh. Yes. You know I don't exactly know where the wedding or reception will be held." and in fact he had no idea. The hall for the venue wasn't listed on his invite.

"I'm sure that it will be announced. Friends of the Bride, groom or other?" he asked.

Lahr was impressed that the Lieutenant remembered his name, but then the Captain had said that Lt Aune had given him a bit of praise in regards to his undercover efforts.  A sentiment that the Lieutenant offered up now in person.

The Andorian gave a shrug.  Getting the crap beaten out of him hadn't been the plan but it had gotten him the intel they needed, at least partially.  "Yeah, I tend to take things to the extreme I guess." he remarked as he took a seat.

It was confirmed that he was here for the wedding.  The Lieutenant's uncertainty about the Commander was understandable.  Lahr barely knew the Commander but the Lieutenant was right - it wasn't their decision.

"Yeah I know what you mean. But you don't have to worry about the Cap, she knows she has people she can turn to if things get bad."

The interruption by the foursome asking for where the venue was gained his attention.

"It's being held in the large holosuite." the Andorian happily answered.

Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Nathan Ryder

Quote from: Kali Reyes on January 13, 2020, 05:01:30 PM

[USS Challenger - Reyes' Quarters - Morning Before the Wedding]
There was a buzzing sound at the door. Kali made to retreat into the bathroom. "Can you-?"

Anya made a derisive sound, her mouth conveniently full of Kali's breakfast of cubed fruit, and made a dismissive gesture before heading for the door. When the door slid open, her eyes brightened and she immediately leaned against the side of the door. "Hellooooo counselor...!"

Nathan had no such issues as he was preparing for the day's event.  It was a simple choice; did he wear his dress uniform or a civilian style suit. However, knowing Kali, it was not a choice at all. She would take the opportunity to go all out, and therefor he should dress to match; as they said. Knowing the Engineer would be all dolled up, Nathan trimmed his beard and hair and wore his finest suit.

Since the dressing part was so much easier for him, it was no surprise that it was not Kali that answered her door when he came calling. Giving her roommate an amused grin, Nathan nodded a greeting. "Good morning, Anya." He glanced behind her and did not spot the woman he was here for, so with a small shake of his head, he added, "She's not ready yet, is she?"

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Nathan Ryder on January 14, 2020, 05:04:02 PM

Nathan had no such issues as he was preparing for the day's event.  It was a simple choice; did he wear his dress uniform or a civilian style suit. However, knowing Kali, it was not a choice at all. She would take the opportunity to go all out, and therefor he should dress to match; as they said. Knowing the Engineer would be all dolled up, Nathan trimmed his beard and hair and wore his finest suit.

Since the dressing part was so much easier for him, it was no surprise that it was not Kali that answered her door when he came calling. Giving her roommate an amused grin, Nathan nodded a greeting. "Good morning, Anya." He glanced behind her and did not spot the woman he was here for, so with a small shake of his head, he added, "She's not ready yet, is she?"

[Reyes' Quarters]

"Don't you look all sharp and handsome!" Anya showed her teeth when she grinned and chewed confidently as if she was munching on gum. "I'd say she's ready, but I guess it's culturally inappropriate to wear a white towel to a human marriage ceremony." She paused. "It's a human ceremony, right?"

"I'm not taking any chances!" Kali's voice slurred out from the bathroom. "But it'd be a helluva lot easier if it were a Betazoid wedding."

And of course did Anya's eyes wander up and down Ryder's clean suit, imagining the possibilities. "Oh. Such a shame. Ever been to a Betazoid ceremony, counselor?" Her voice took on a heavy purr and her eyes fluttered for the human.

She squealed and twisted away when Kali came up behind her and sprayed her with a bottle of plant water. "Down! Off the leg!" As Anya whined and retreated to the bathroom, Kali set the bottle down and appraised the man herself. "Oh, wow. Why? Just that easy, huh? Trim the beard, put on a snappy suit, and you're now the front cover of Starfleet's Finest." She dramatically showed him her choice of dresses. "Well, we can't all wake up gorgeous. Black or red? I was thinking black to mourn the captain's funeral of a bachelorette. Or red so I can possibly catch every available man's eye at reception."

Anya popped her head out smugly. "Who's upstaging who now?"

Nathan Ryder

Quote from: Kali Reyes on January 14, 2020, 08:12:45 PM

[Reyes' Quarters]

"Don't you look all sharp and handsome!" Anya showed her teeth when she grinned and chewed confidently as if she was munching on gum. "I'd say she's ready, but I guess it's culturally inappropriate to wear a white towel to a human marriage ceremony." She paused. "It's a human ceremony, right?"

"I'm not taking any chances!" Kali's voice slurred out from the bathroom. "But it'd be a helluva lot easier if it were a Betazoid wedding."

And of course did Anya's eyes wander up and down Ryder's clean suit, imagining the possibilities. "Oh. Such a shame. Ever been to a Betazoid ceremony, counselor?" Her voice took on a heavy purr and her eyes fluttered for the human.

She squealed and twisted away when Kali came up behind her and sprayed her with a bottle of plant water. "Down! Off the leg!" As Anya whined and retreated to the bathroom, Kali set the bottle down and appraised the man herself. "Oh, wow. Why? Just that easy, huh? Trim the beard, put on a snappy suit, and you're now the front cover of Starfleet's Finest." She dramatically showed him her choice of dresses. "Well, we can't all wake up gorgeous. Black or red? I was thinking black to mourn the captain's funeral of a bachelorette. Or red so I can possibly catch every available man's eye at reception."

Anya popped her head out smugly. "Who's upstaging who now?"

[Reyes' Quarters]

"Haha, very inappropriate, yes," Nathan agreed in amusement. He glanced at Anya as he considered her question. "I would assume so, but I didn't think to ask," he spoke around Kali's words until she tossed out the idea of attending a Betazoid wedding. Still amused, all Nathan could do was shake his head. Before he could reply that he had, in fact, attended such a gathering once, a long time ago, Kali was not so politely shooing her roommate away from him.

Lifting one hand to scratch contemplatively at his facial hair, Nathan teased, "I could go back and shave the rest of it off, if you want." He grinned widely as she gestured to the dresses. "Hmm... They're both formal enough, but I don't think you can go wrong with a little black dress. What happened to that blue one though? That one would have worked too."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on January 14, 2020, 12:19:51 AM

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr's antenna drooped a bit when he noticed that his words which had been meant to reassure her caused her to get misty-eyed.  The Andorian always felt uncomfortable around crying women.

When she took his hand, Lahr was a bit surprised, but their Captain was the sort to give hugs to her First Officer - both past and present.  Lahr was kinda honored to be counted among those she felt close to.  One of four - that was kinda special.

Her question about Lek and Helga produced a grimace.  "Please don't go there.  They make a great couple.  However, it ain't my fault when Lek messes it up.  My job is just to bring them together, not keep them together."  Actually, Lahr did feel a sense of responsibility to the couple and he had plans to talk to Lek when the Ferengi was back.  Hopefully before Helga got her hands on him... or he might be visiting Lek in Sickbay.

The offer to visit more often was met with a nod, though the Andorian couldn't think of a time when he would feel it was appropriate.  Well, maybe if the Captain started holding 'Poker Night'.  "Sure thing." he said to be polite, hoping she would move the conversation on which thankfully she did, commenting about not worrying about her axes not being in her Ready Room.

But Lahr was totally unprepared for the Captain to offer the use of her shower for him to dress for dinner - despite her assurance of 'not peeking'.   His antenna twitched uncertainly a moment before he tried to play it off as if the Captain were joking.  That way they both could save face.

"Good one there Captain! For a second I actually believed you!  I mean can you imagine how bad that would look? Especially just before your wedding, if your fiance were to decide to surprise you with a visit - just out from Sickbay.  Yeah, wow.  I can't imagine I'd have much of a career after that.  So I hope you understand when I play along and say... No thanks.  I'm looking forward to being Assistant Chief not scrubbing the hull."  He grinned hoping she understood.

"I can forego a change of clothes, or meet you there in say 10 minutes." he offered.

"Given that I've already caused him to have one breakdown... at least one... I don't think Counsellor Ryder would thank me for giving him another one!" The Captain said with a grin.  "So you may have a point.  Up to you, you can wander there with me or you can get there via your quarters... but the offer is still there, it's only a shower and if Will happened to want to drop in... well I still have ways to explain stuff, it's not like I'd be undressed!  Now please, I prefer you blue not pink!"

Ruth giggled then continued.  "As for Lek... he's his own man, he's a grumpy curmudgeon most of the time but I've only ever met one engineer who wasn't in some way grumpy if things weren't literally done to their specifications.   I've not met this Petty Officer Reyes much yet but I've heard she's a character in her own ways.  Not grumpy, but still a character!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Officers Mess - Deck 3 - USS Challenger]
[NPCs Arya and Katya Sigurdsdottir]

Ruth nodded to the crewman on duty who smiled at the captain and said "Your sisters are already here Ma'am, I got them a drink and they are perusing the menu."

"Very good, thank you!" she answered and slipped in with the girls. "Hi you two, all sorted with the mysterious thing you're doing with the Briggs?"

"Yup, and Elijah is a darling!" Arya smiled

"Kyle's a dreamboat, too bad he's married!" Katya said with a grin.

"I agree, but don't let Liv catch you saying that!" cautioned their sister.  "What you drinking?"

"Just Slug-O-Cola for now!" admitted Arya, "We figured if we were having wine with the meal we didn't need alcohol or synth now, and besides, if we're good you'll let us drink at the wedding!"
Both girls put on looks to rival Puss in Boots wide eyed look and fluttered their eyelashes.

"You should know by now that doesn't work on me, I'm immune!"  More pathetically sweet looks ensued and Ruth threw up her hands in surrender.  "OK, but only 1 glass of champagne to toast me and Will!"

"That still leaves Schnapps, Whisky, Vodka, Cider, Mead..." Katya started listing off in a mock hushed tone that everyone could hear as it was for comedic value anyhow.

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on January 13, 2020, 12:30:52 PM

[The Briggs' Quarters - Deck 7, 3 Days before Wedding]

The surprise at their commbadges going off, didn't seem to last long, before the twins revealed what they had planned with the violin. Listening appreciatively as the worked in unison to play something that reminded Liv of the times her and Kyle had spent in Ireland. She loved traditional music and songs, after all she still played the piano on occasion, but this resonated within, as she looked to her husband with a happy smile on her face. Even Elijah kept still, before joining in with the applause as the twins finished and spoke to them.

" No we weren't but that was beautiful and Ruth will love it, I know you wouldn't do that to her and as for Will, well, I agree that's different".

[The Briggs' Quarters - Deck 7, 3 Days before Wedding]
[NPCs Arya and Katya Sigurdsdottir]

"So that's planned.  We were thinking after her first dance... give everyone say 20 mins to sit down and have a drink and then we can do that.  Then DJ Lahr can get everyone being mad and moshing to something!" Katya said with a laugh.

"Somehow I can't see Ruth wanting Mozart and chamber music at a party!" Arya consented, "...and she is a bit of a rocker!"

Quote from: Olivia Briggs on January 13, 2020, 12:30:52 PM

[The Briggs' Quarters - Deck 7, 3 Days Later- Morning of Wedding]

The last three days had been relatively quiet and when she wasn't tending to wedding stuff, such as the final fitting for her maid of honour dress and overseeing the last details. Not to mention ship stuff , she had made sure to also spend some R&R with her husband and son, both on the ship and visiting the station below. However today was the day and with Elijah up at the normal time of seven am, Liv was just finishing breakfast when the call came through from Ruth.

Remembering her own wedding day and the excitement at the thought of marrying Kyle, Liv was sympathetic to Ruth's plight. Thinking of various remedies, for being awake earlier, as well as make up tips to cover the so called panda eyes, assuming it was that bad, before she tapped her badge to respond.

=/\= Briggs to Ruth, I'll be there shortly with help, I just need to see to Elijah first =/\=

Closing the call, Liv then cleared away the breakfast things and after cleaning Elijah up, began to get him dressed, deciding to stay in her shorts and top, since there wasn't much point to get dressed properly, with hair, make up and all sorts to do, before they had to be at the ceremony.

[Ruth's Quarters - Morning of the Wedding]

=/\= Thanks Liv, I don't think I want to wear a wig to my wedding and if I carry on I'm going to be bald.  Has anyone seen my husband to be?  I'm hoping he's with Kyle or Lahr or Sven or ... someone, so that he's getting ready.  You know what he's like pre-coffee.  Worse than me!! =/\=

Quote from: Stryker Aune on January 13, 2020, 02:35:50 PM

[Innominatum Outpost - Grauman's Cafe - Early]

Sven was enjoying the aroma of the coffee. It usually brought on feelings of happiness for him. The cafe was nice, for something on an outpost. He was reading a report from the JAG office when a slightly familiar face appeared.

"Oh, hi ShranLahr." he said with a jovial, but tired smile. "It's been awhile hasn't it? I never did apologize for that nasty business with the Klingons. You really took one for the team there didn't you?" he set his PADD down. "By all means." he motioned to the empty chair. "It's better than sitting all along. And you guessed it. Here for Ruth's wedding. Not sure how I feel about it. I don't know this Will fella well. Then again, it isn't my choice I suppose." he didn't bother to correct Lahr on the ranking. It wasn't important.

A short while later a few people that had been in the cafe approached.

"Oh. Yes. You know I don't exactly know where the wedding or reception will be held." and in fact he had no idea. The hall for the venue wasn't listed on his invite.

"I'm sure that it will be announced. Friends of the Bride, groom or other?" he asked.

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr was impressed that the Lieutenant remembered his name, but then the Captain had said that Lt Aune had given him a bit of praise in regards to his undercover efforts.  A sentiment that the Lieutenant offered up now in person.

The Andorian gave a shrug.  Getting the crap beaten out of him hadn't been the plan but it had gotten him the intel they needed, at least partially.  "Yeah, I tend to take things to the extreme I guess." he remarked as he took a seat.

It was confirmed that he was here for the wedding.  The Lieutenant's uncertainty about the Commander was understandable.  Lahr barely knew the Commander but the Lieutenant was right - it wasn't their decision.

"Yeah I know what you mean. But you don't have to worry about the Cap, she knows she has people she can turn to if things get bad."

The interruption by the foursome asking for where the venue was gained his attention.

[NPCs Guuthash - Nausicaan, Marvial and Rosa - Angosians, Olga-Frid Thorsdottir - Human working for the Angosians]

"Bride, or least I am. We were at Academy together, but I decided that Starfleet wasn't for me when I got married... then he went and got himself killed and a girl's gotta earn money somehow!!" Answered Olga-Frid "I had to ask permission to bring my work with me so to speak, in order to be able to attend.  I have 72 hours, which was more than long enough if I could pop in on the way to my next job, and escort these fine people with me, but not long enough if I had to come here from DS2, and then try to get to DS9 by Friday!" she said with a small laugh.

"You know how it is with space travel, we've progressed far with warp travel but they just seem to put things further apart!"

When the Androrian answered about the large Holosuite she gave him a bright smile.  "Not only handsome but smart too!  Thanks gorgeous!  We'll see you at the wedding later!  Both of you save a dance for me!"

Olga-Frid was half serious about that, they were both sexy, and she was totally getting into character as an escort.

"What did you do that for, we're supposed to be in and out, not integrating ourselves with them." growled Guuthash as they stood and Olga-Frid gave the Sven and Lahr a smile and blew a kiss.

"Because, grumpypants, it's what humans do, especially at weddings.  They make 'friends', have too much to drink and end up in bed with people they'll never see again after the following morning possibly where they'll be looking sheepishly at one another over the breakfast room at the hotel before getting their shuttles and never seen again."

"Guuthash shush... " Rosa said.  "It could be worse.  It could be a Betazoid wedding... they don't wear clothes!  And there are some cultures where the wedding takes 4 or 5 days, that's just the ceremony not the party after!"

Guuthash just grumbled.  "Least there'll be cake.  I do like cake." he conceded.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Nathan Ryder on January 15, 2020, 07:20:57 AM

[Reyes' Quarters]

"Haha, very inappropriate, yes," Nathan agreed in amusement. He glanced at Anya as he considered her question. "I would assume so, but I didn't think to ask," he spoke around Kali's words until she tossed out the idea of attending a Betazoid wedding. Still amused, all Nathan could do was shake his head. Before he could reply that he had, in fact, attended such a gathering once, a long time ago, Kali was not so politely shooing her roommate away from him.

Lifting one hand to scratch contemplatively at his facial hair, Nathan teased, "I could go back and shave the rest of it off, if you want." He grinned widely as she gestured to the dresses. "Hmm... They're both formal enough, but I don't think you can go wrong with a little black dress. What happened to that blue one though? That one would have worked too."

[Reyes' Quarters]

"If you shave that beard, your date's going to be the punch bowl," Kali warned, but meandered for the closet anyway.

Anya examined the dresses she tossed on the bed and ran her hand down the silky fabric of the red one. "Would this really attract every man at reception?"

"Absolutely," Kali said absently, twisting one of her curls with a thoughtful finger. "I don't think I've ever worn blue since confirmation. Eh, that's a Catholic thing," she added when Anya looked at her with confusion. But no, that was a lifetime ago when she was a teenager. Surely she's worn one damn blue thing just -

Oh.

She slowly stopped curling her finger and glanced over her shoulder, and heavy-lidded dark eyes met Ryder's blue gaze. "Sky cab," she said cryptically, grinning. "On Memory Alpha."

And boy had that been irresponsible on her part. Who leaves a dress in a rental vehicle? Anya stared at her as if waiting for her to elaborate but Kali just dreamily popped the replicator on to start looking for the dress pattern.

Olivia Briggs

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 15, 2020, 07:22:57 AM

[Ruth's Quarters - Morning of the Wedding]

=/\= Thanks Liv, I don't think I want to wear a wig to my wedding and if I carry on I'm going to be bald.  Has anyone seen my husband to be?  I'm hoping he's with Kyle or Lahr or Sven or ... someone, so that he's getting ready.  You know what he's like pre-coffee.  Worse than me!! =/\=

[Briggs' Quarters - Deck 7 - Morning of the Wedding]

Allowing Elijah to escape from her grasp as Ruth acknowledged her, Liv watched her son run off to pick up his favourite dinosaur, whilst she listened to Ruth. Understanding her friend's need for reassurance, especially when it came to Will , as well as the usual nerves that came with it being your wedding day. So for now, that's what she did, reassure her friend as Elijah came back over to the sofa.

=/\= It's okay, I'm on my way and as for Will, I'll have Kyle check in with him, assuming he's not already with him, Briggs out =/\=

The last thing they wanted was for Ruth to worry, so as she picked up her dress and bag, Liv sent a message to her husband.

[Hey Babe, if you're not already with Will, find out what he's up too and if he's getting ready so I can reassure his bride to be, see you later, love ya]
With that sent, Liv then took hold of Elijah's hand and left their quarters, him happily chattering away as they made their way to the lift and Ruth's quarters.

[Ruth's Quarters - A few minutes later]

Stepping out of the lift and allowing Elijah to run ahead slightly, thanks to the almost empty corridor, Liv then followed behind him. Once they reached Ruth's quarters, she picked him up and let him press the door chime. Setting him down as they waited to be let in.

Nathan Ryder

Quote from: Kali Reyes on January 15, 2020, 11:03:45 AM

[Reyes' Quarters]

"If you shave that beard, your date's going to be the punch bowl," Kali warned, but meandered for the closet anyway.

Anya examined the dresses she tossed on the bed and ran her hand down the silky fabric of the red one. "Would this really attract every man at reception?"

"Absolutely," Kali said absently, twisting one of her curls with a thoughtful finger. "I don't think I've ever worn blue since confirmation. Eh, that's a Catholic thing," she added when Anya looked at her with confusion. But no, that was a lifetime ago when she was a teenager. Surely she's worn one damn blue thing just -

Oh.

She slowly stopped curling her finger and glanced over her shoulder, and heavy-lidded dark eyes met Ryder's blue gaze. "Sky cab," she said cryptically, grinning. "On Memory Alpha."

And boy had that been irresponsible on her part. Who leaves a dress in a rental vehicle? Anya stared at her as if waiting for her to elaborate but Kali just dreamily popped the replicator on to start looking for the dress pattern.

[Reyes' Quarters - Morning of the Wedding]

Kali's response to his teasing about the removal of his beard was pretty much exactly what Nathan had thought it would be, and her words made him smirk lightly in amusement. Although he thought Anya would probably suit the red dress well, he kept such a thought to himself. It was not his place to offer the use of a dress Kali might yet want to choose for herself. "I distinctly remember a blue one that you claimed to have bought because it matched my eyes, but I was rather sure it was more because of both the cut and the fabric," Nathan teased lightly as he watched his girl peruse her clothing options.

He met Kali's gaze as she turned, and a look of remembrance dawned on his face at those two simple words. If Nathan shifted his weight a bit awkwardly, or toyed with the cuffs of his sleeves for a moment, it could hardly be helped. "Ahem. Right. I remember now." He shrugged off the mild embarrassment with a small shake of his head and an amused smile, even if he did casually avoid the questioning look Anya shot him.

As the replicator whirred to life, Nathan offered, "You can use my credits if you find something you like." It occurs to him they likely should have had this conversation days ago, but there they were; figuring things out at the last minute. Luckily they had a bit more time before they had to get going.

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Nathan Ryder on January 15, 2020, 03:01:15 PM

Kali's response to his teasing about the removal of his beard was pretty much exactly what Nathan had thought it would be, and her words made him smirk lightly in amusement. Although he thought Anya would probably suit the red dress well, he kept such a thought to himself. It was not his place to offer the use of a dress Kali might yet want to choose for herself. "I distinctly remember a blue one that you claimed to have bought because it matched my eyes, but I was rather sure it was more because of both the cut and the fabric," Nathan teased lightly as he watched his girl peruse her clothing options.

He met Kali's gaze as she turned, and a look of remembrance dawned on his face at those two simple words. If Nathan shifted his weight a bit awkwardly, or toyed with the cuffs of his sleeves for a moment, it could hardly be helped. "Ahem. Right. I remember now." He shrugged off the mild embarrassment with a small shake of his head and an amused smile, even if he did casually avoid the questioning look Anya shot him.

As the replicator whirred to life, Nathan offered, "You can use my credits if you find something you like." It occurs to him they likely should have had this conversation days ago, but there they were; figuring things out at the last minute. Luckily they had a bit more time before they had to get going.

His recollection of the blue dress must've been one hell of a lasting impression. And now that it slowly came back, her grin was near lethal with nostalgia. She side-eyed him once more, then resumed her typing. It didn't take too long to find the pattern she was almost sure was the fluttery cocktail dress she picked up for those 'posh parties' Memory Alpha's students liked to host.

They never got the chance to flex their intellectual snobbery that night. Ryder must've liked that dress a lot more than she realized.

"A distinguished Starfleet officer should compensate for property damage," she agreed.

"Property damage?" Anya shared her grin, glancing between them eagerly. "Do I get a report about this incident? For science, of course."

"Ask the perpetrator. I'm trying to see if I can get this thing in backless. Less chance of a repeat offense."

Stryker

"You're telling me! When she was a science officer on the Athena, she did a demonstration of her viking axe wielding skills. Let me tell you." he gave a whistle, "Don't piss her off if she's holding an axe."

"Bride, or least I am. We were at Academy together, but I decided that Starfleet wasn't for me when I got married... then he went and got himself killed and a girl's gotta earn money somehow!!" Answered Olga-Frid "I had to ask permission to bring my work with me so to speak, in order to be able to attend.  I have 72 hours, which was more than long enough if I could pop in on the way to my next job, and escort these fine people with me, but not long enough if I had to come here from DS2, and then try to get to DS9 by Friday!" she said with a small laugh.

"You know how it is with space travel, we've progressed far with warp travel but they just seem to put things further apart!"

When the Androrian answered about the large Holosuite she gave him a bright smile.  "Not only handsome but smart too!  Thanks gorgeous!  We'll see you at the wedding later!  Both of you save a dance for me!"

Olga-Frid was half serious about that, they were both sexy, and she was totally getting into character as an escort.

"What did you do that for, we're supposed to be in and out, not integrating ourselves with them." growled Guuthash as they stood and Olga-Frid gave the Sven and Lahr a smile and blew a kiss.

"Because, grumpypants, it's what humans do, especially at weddings.  They make 'friends', have too much to drink and end up in bed with people they'll never see again after the following morning possibly where they'll be looking sheepishly at one another over the breakfast room at the hotel before getting their shuttles and never seen again."

"Guuthash shush... " Rosa said.  "It could be worse.  It could be a Betazoid wedding... they don't wear clothes!  And there are some cultures where the wedding takes 4 or 5 days, that's just the ceremony not the party after!"

Guuthash just grumbled.  "Least there'll be cake.  I do like cake." he conceded.

Sven cocked his head. Something didn't quite add up and his intuition was pinging. He watched them walk away.

I don't know about you ShranLahr, but something isn't adding up with those folks. You reckon that they really know the Captain? Escorting people, and then getting permission to bring them to a wedding? he didn't quite like where that was going.

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Nathan Ryder

Quote from: Kali Reyes on January 15, 2020, 04:19:01 PM

His recollection of the blue dress must've been one hell of a lasting impression. And now that it slowly came back, her grin was near lethal with nostalgia. She side-eyed him once more, then resumed her typing. It didn't take too long to find the pattern she was almost sure was the fluttery cocktail dress she picked up for those 'posh parties' Memory Alpha's students liked to host.

They never got the chance to flex their intellectual snobbery that night. Ryder must've liked that dress a lot more than she realized.

"A distinguished Starfleet officer should compensate for property damage," she agreed.

"Property damage?" Anya shared her grin, glancing between them eagerly. "Do I get a report about this incident? For science, of course."

"Ask the perpetrator. I'm trying to see if I can get this thing in backless. Less chance of a repeat offense."

For a split second, Nathan could almost hear his brother's teasing voice pointing out the reddening of his cheeks. Clearing his voice softly, the counselor said, "I think I'll leave the gossiping to you two ladies; perhaps at a later date." His tone was just a hint pointed as he glanced at his watch. Unfortunately they were not short enough on time for him to make an impromptu getaway and escape the conversation.

"Hmm... I think I'll let you both finish getting ready?" He offered with a vague gesture toward the door, even though he had a feeling Kali would have some excuse for him to stay. The wedding gift may be in his office but it would not take more than a moment on their way to the holodeck to retrieve it.

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Nathan Ryder on January 15, 2020, 06:25:42 PM

For a split second, Nathan could almost hear his brother's teasing voice pointing out the reddening of his cheeks. Clearing his voice softly, the counselor said, "I think I'll leave the gossiping to you two ladies; perhaps at a later date." His tone was just a hint pointed as he glanced at his watch. Unfortunately they were not short enough on time for him to make an impromptu getaway and escape the conversation.

"Hmm... I think I'll let you both finish getting ready?" He offered with a vague gesture toward the door, even though he had a feeling Kali would have some excuse for him to stay. The wedding gift may be in his office but it would not take more than a moment on their way to the holodeck to retrieve it.

"Aw..." Anya said softly in disappointment. "Getting bashful, counselor?"

Kali's finger paused over the touchpad. She may be absolutely shameless, but that didn't mean she would goad Ryder any more than necessary. Sensing his sidestepping, she casually said, "Anybody who lacks any sort of hair and hasn't seen me in my skivvies can vacate the room now."

Anya gasped. "Rude!" She snatched the red dress from the bed and shook it at Kali. "I'm taking this!"

"You underestimate its power," Kali warned, but did not move to steal it back. When Anya sashayed out for the adjacent room, Kali returned to the replicator. "I told you she was stealing my stuff, counselor." And it was also why her limited edition makeup kit was safely stored in his quarters instead.

The replicator pinged and from within slid out a freshly made, aegean blue chiffon dress. For someone like her, who preferred questionable low cut outfits, it was pretty damn modest and nothing like the slinky red dress Anya made off with. But when she bought the original on Memory Alpha, she had ruefully admitted to herself that it actually complimented not just Ryder's eyes, but the clean cut military air about him. And maybe she was a little worried that people may not take her seriously as his date.

Men like Nathan Ryder were supposed to be with intellectual, classy women with commendations attached. The classy part was debatable so Kali would at least like to pretend like she wasn't bar trash. Though she really did like the cut of the dress - and maybe she liked the color a tad more than red.

As if she hadn't just throttled her ego, Kali shimmied into the dress. "Zip me up, pleasy? And don't get too excited now," she teased. "My mission is to at least reach the ceremony with it."

William Waring

[Will's Quarters - Morning]

Will hadn't slept at all over the night and now he found himself on his... latest coffee of the morning. As the clock ticked on (not that he could hear it) he could feel his nerves building. He was a people's person, that was well known as there was hardly a person he wouldn't talk to. Complete strangers even! Yet today he found himself to participate in a ceremony that was as long... well, for as long as the records showed when he looked it up at 0130...

Today was the big day and all of a sudden he had these nerves. Yesterday he didn't. 12 hours ago he didn't. Yet here they were! Perhaps they were a normal response to undergoing such a big change in one's life. Unlike the last time he got them, however, he wouldn't let it culminate in getting 'cold feet' or whatever someone would call his last steps along this path.

And, as it turns out, those nerves made him unable to remember where exactly he put his stuff...

=A= Waring to Briggs, Kyle Briggs. Uh, yeah, do you have any idea where any of my stuff is to get ready? I thought I set it aside but I can't seem to find it. I hope it didn't find its way with my shirts. =A=

RESERVED

ShranLahr ch'Verret

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret

"Given that I've already caused him to have one breakdown... at least one... I don't think Counsellor Ryder would thank me for giving him another one!" The Captain said with a grin.  "So you may have a point.  Up to you, you can wander there with me or you can get there via your quarters... but the offer is still there, it's only a shower and if Will happened to want to drop in... well I still have ways to explain stuff, it's not like I'd be undressed!  Now please, I prefer you blue not pink!"

Ruth giggled then continued.  "As for Lek... he's his own man, he's a grumpy curmudgeon most of the time but I've only ever met one engineer who wasn't in some way grumpy if things weren't literally done to their specifications.   I've not met this Petty Officer Reyes much yet but I've heard she's a character in her own ways.  Not grumpy, but still a character!"

Lahr saved the song list file and then stood up, turning to face the Captain, his antenna swiveling back and forth in perplexity.   "Causing breakdowns is definitely not a good thing - especially since he's my boss.  If he cracks, then I gotta do more work... you know me Cap... Lazy to the bone."  He grinned.  "I'm begging, don't make more work for me.  I'm happy as I am."

At her continued mentioning of the shower, Lahr took that as his cue to start moving towards the door.  "Well, I'll meet you there.  I got the perfect outfit and it ain't replicated so... yeah.  I'll take a raincheck on that offer though."  He waggled his white eyebrows some.

He was at the door and signalling it open as she went on about Lek and the counselor Ryder - a man Lahr was certain he should avoid like the plague.  "Uh-huh.. interesting..  Can't wait to meet him.  But that won't happen til I first leave... so am I dismissed?"

Once free to go Lahr headed to his quarters.  He didn't hurry.  Took his time in the shower - might have imagined what a shower with the Captain would be like, but then chastised himself.  Chloe deserved more faithfulness than that even though it killed him with how rarely they really hung out together.  Hell, he spent more time with Helga than he did with Chloe.  Which wasn't his fault since Chloe said she wanted to take things slow and be more like friends first.... a definite death knell to passion.

Lahr nodded glad to have been of help and grinned at the blonde who offered to save him a dance.   "I'll be looking forward to it... and you can give me his dance to." Lahr commented, chin nodding towards Sven.  "He's married to his work."

They foursome left the table and Lahr watched them most of the way until the blonde blew him a kiss.  He smirked.   He still had it - even if Chloe was giving him the run around and had backed out of being his plus one to the ceremony and reception.  That's okay... Lahr had made up for Lek's lack and asked Helga to be his date tonight.  He just hoped Helga hadn't agreed to spite Lek and was planning more than just a night of drinking and dancing.

He'd seen what Lek did to crappy cadets, he didn't want to see what the Ferengi would do to someone who made a play for his 'Feemale'.

Quote from: Stryker Aune on January 15, 2020, 04:20:47 PM

"You're telling me! When she was a science officer on the Athena, she did a demonstration of her viking axe wielding skills. Let me tell you." he gave a whistle, "Don't piss her off if she's holding an axe."

Sven cocked his head. Something didn't quite add up and his intuition was pinging. He watched them walk away.

I don't know about you ShranLahr, but something isn't adding up with those folks. You reckon that they really know the Captain? Escorting people, and then getting permission to bring them to a wedding? he didn't quite like where that was going.

Lahr glanced over towards Sven at the man's odd statement.  "Really? They seem total legit to me." He glanced to where the blonde had disappeared. "But if you want I can do some digging through the customs footage with some facial recognition and find out what ship she... I mean 'they'... came on and find out her... um.. their names." 
Authorization: Bravo Alpha Delta Alpha Sigma Sigma Six Niner
Lahr's Biography: Andorian chan (male). 5'7" (1.75m)  : Main character
NPC's Lt JG Chloe Davies (Human Female) / Crewman T'Varn (Vulcan transgender)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on January 16, 2020, 05:34:16 AM

PO1 ShranLahr ch'Verret

Lahr saved the song list file and then stood up, turning to face the Captain, his antenna swiveling back and forth in perplexity.   "Causing breakdowns is definitely not a good thing - especially since he's my boss.  If he cracks, then I gotta do more work... you know me Cap... Lazy to the bone."  He grinned.  "I'm begging, don't make more work for me.  I'm happy as I am."

At her continued mentioning of the shower, Lahr took that as his cue to start moving towards the door.  "Well, I'll meet you there.  I got the perfect outfit and it ain't replicated so... yeah.  I'll take a raincheck on that offer though."  He waggled his white eyebrows some.

He was at the door and signalling it open as she went on about Lek and the counselor Ryder - a man Lahr was certain he should avoid like the plague.  "Uh-huh.. interesting..  Can't wait to meet him.  But that won't happen til I first leave... so am I dismissed?"

Once free to go Lahr headed to his quarters.  He didn't hurry.  Took his time in the shower - might have imagined what a shower with the Captain would be like, but then chastised himself.  Chloe deserved more faithfulness than that even though it killed him with how rarely they really hung out together.  Hell, he spent more time with Helga than he did with Chloe.  Which wasn't his fault since Chloe said she wanted to take things slow and be more like friends first.... a definite death knell to passion.

"Yeah yeah laziest man on this ship!"  Ruth grinned.  "It's ok I'll try not to intentionally make work for you, at least with regards to Will!" she answered.

"And yeah,.. git!  Go make yourself look more gorgeous and I'll see you there in 10!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote from: Olivia Briggs on January 15, 2020, 11:04:53 AM

[Briggs' Quarters - Deck 7 - Morning of the Wedding]

Allowing Elijah to escape from her grasp as Ruth acknowledged her, Liv watched her son run off to pick up his favourite dinosaur, whilst she listened to Ruth. Understanding her friend's need for reassurance, especially when it came to Will , as well as the usual nerves that came with it being your wedding day. So for now, that's what she did, reassure her friend as Elijah came back over to the sofa.

=/\= It's okay, I'm on my way and as for Will, I'll have Kyle check in with him, assuming he's not already with him, Briggs out =/\=

The last thing they wanted was for Ruth to worry, so as she picked up her dress and bag, Liv sent a message to her husband.

[Hey Babe, if you're not already with Will, find out what he's up too and if he's getting ready so I can reassure his bride to be, see you later, love ya]
With that sent, Liv then took hold of Elijah's hand and left their quarters, him happily chattering away as they made their way to the lift and Ruth's quarters.

[Ruth's Quarters - A few minutes later]

Stepping out of the lift and allowing Elijah to run ahead slightly, thanks to the almost empty corridor, Liv then followed behind him. Once they reached Ruth's quarters, she picked him up and let him press the door chime. Setting him down as they waited to be let in.

[Captain's Quarter's - Morning of the Wedding]

[plus NPCs Arya and Katya Sigurdsdottir]

"Come in, before I do my hair a mischief!!" Ruth said panicking.

"Hold the door!" Anya said running along the corridor with her bridesmaids dress still in the wrapper over her arm, strappy sandals and jewellery in the other hand.

"Don't tell me the ever stalwart Viking is having a wibble!" teased Katya.  "Just as well I found a bottle of this when we were last on DS9 isn't it!" she said producing a bottle of Brennevin. "That's if Dr. Briggs thinks it's a good idea to give you a swig to calm your nerves?"

"I'm gonna dive in Ruth's water shower while you're doing that... we have 4 females and one adorable little love to get ready!" she said nodding at Elijah.  "On second thoughts I can be ready inside 30 mins.  Liv would you like me to look after Elijah so you can deal with the bigger baby there.  Though if she's being like this Gods know what Will's going to be like!!"

"Oh by Loki!! Will!! Hang on!" exclaimed Ruth.

=/\=Sigurdsdottir to ch'Verret and Aune, Lahr I'm hoping in all the mess that is my wedding blur I've asked you to put Sven onto our network or his commbadge still works from last time!  Anyhow, could you locate my hubby to be and make sure he's not being as much of a headless chicken as I am, also Sven, if you could meet me at my quarters 45 minutes before we need to be at the Holosuite I'd be grateful. Ruth out.  =/\=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Officer's Mess - Evening, 3 days before wedding]

=/\=Captain to Ryder, Reyes, Litt, Gohun and ch'Verret can you confirm your attendance so that we can make sure we have the right number of chairs around! I think we've definitely got Lahr... but I'd like the chance to get to know the rest of you somewhat too!  Captain out.  =/\=

"Lahr's definitely coming?" asked Katya.

"Yes, but keep your eyes reeled in, the only thing I want on stalks are his antennae, thank you very much!" teased her big sister.

"Excuse me, could I have another Slug-O-Cola?" Arya asked of the waiter that was floating around.  It was actually a 3rd year cadet who had stayed with the Challenger after the rescue, thinking of transferring to Supplies and Mess duties thinking it was 'safer'.  They were possibly right but when someone was firing torpedoes at your ship, anywhere could be hit.  Still it wasn't the front lines exactly.

"Of course Ma'am!" he replied and scuttled off to get it.

"Ma'am..." she chortled. "I could get used to being in the Officer's Mess!"

"Watch it... special treat, you still have 2 years and to pass at the Academy before you get that and in all likelihood they won't let you loose on my ship.  One Sigurdsdottir is bad enough... three might be too much for anyone.  Temporarily is another matter. And I might consider letting you have your training cruise hands on thing on the Challenger but you have to prove to me that you're worthy of being part of my crew.  No special favours I want to see those grades!"

"I'll have you know we're both in the top 5 of our classes!" Katya said indignantly.  "And I'm the best in my year for hand to hand combat. And non-Starfleet issue weaponry."

"Hardly surprising!" muttered Ruth.  "By the way are you keeping in touch with your Uncle Sukal?"

"Of course, wouldn't have it otherwise!" Arya said.

"C'mon people... I'm STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARVING!!" moaned Katya.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.