S3:E2 Revelations Part 1 - The Traveller

Started by Ruth Sigurdsdottir, June 01, 2019, 03:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Lek on July 14, 2019, 07:46:15 PM

[Engineering - USS Challenger]

Lek frowned at the request as he thought there was a more efficient method than whatever it was the bridge had come up with doing.

=/\= "Engineering to bridge. Is it possible to access the Redav's command codes and just have the ship self-destruct?" =/\=

Quote from: ShranLahr ch'Verret on July 14, 2019, 11:33:55 PM

PO2 ShranLahr ch'Verret
[USS Challenger - Deck One - Bridge]

KISS.  That was Lahr's preferred modus operandi.   Having the Redav self-destruct using codes that quite possibly had not been changed in the past 3 days seemed way simpler than hoping the traps were strong enough to take out an entire ship.

"Ma'am, we have the Redav's XO and all her Department Heads aboard, activating her self-destruct should be easily done. Shall I call them to the Bridge?"

[USS Challenger - Bridge]

=/\= Bridge to Lt. Lek, Thank you Mr. Lek for always pointing out the more efficient method of doing things.  What would I do without you! Every Captain should have a Ferengi Chief Engineer! Sigurdsdottir out.  =/\=

Ruth hoped that Lek could hear her grinning from ear to ear - not as wide as his but the grin could have matched the ear span of a Ferengi!

"And you too, Mr ch'Verret, indeed send them up and let's get this show on the road!" she answered him. Things seemed to be taking a turn for the better against Leyton and this crew might just be the ones to take him down.

THREE DAYS LATER
With the assistance - after some consultation since they were reluctant to destroy their own ship, but the senior staff of the Redav were prevailed upon to initiate the self-destruct of the Redav.  Mr. Litt took them to a safe distance to watch to make sure that the ship was indeed destroyed.

They had been so concerned about firing the Redav that they'd not noticed a cloaked Romulan ship arrive and sit about the same distance away from the Redav but the other side, as it happens they weren't there to attack the Challenger, merely to collect, and, being too late, Leyton having flown already they briefly uncloaked, realising that they were in the line of debris from the explosion and made off sharpish.

Tal'Bath - Romulan Astrophysical Academy vessel if looked up on computer, but actually part of the Tal Shiar or least her Captain was/is.
Aboard the ship was Hecate, who was the ringleader of the drug planting gang, she needed to get payment off Leyton and have him explain why there was no payment forthcoming out of Innominatum.  Since he wasn't there she went to find him in his lair.

Meanwhile, the Science team and Mr. Litt had successfully got them back through the worm hole and they were on their way, somewhat shaken, licking wounds certainly, back to Innominatum which was now in sight.  Since they weren't pursuing Leyton on the way back she'd ordered that they didn't push the Challenger more than was necessary.

Once docked, Ruth issued 48hours leave, with instructions that they did actually get leave time and left the repairing of the ship and so on that long.  The prisoner was transferred to the larger brig on the Outpost and under the watchful eye of CPO Maghouin.

Larger things were about to transpire, but now Ruth wanted a hot bath, a real water one, a long chat with her fiance Will, and the rest of the time to sleep!

~MISSION ENDS~

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.