PLEASE NOTE: Emails are being unreliable. For support please contact an Admin.

Author Topic: The Storm (4.5)  (Read 786 times)

Offline Esmeralda Van’Roe

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Storm (4.5)
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2020, 12:18:52 pm »
The young woman looked to the repair tech and then to the officer who had spoken. "I am Victoria Karn and this is Jackson Davis." She replied in a collected manner.

[Relay Station | Int]

Esme smiled politely when Victoria Karn replied, introducing herself and Jackson Davis, the technician, and then Esme proceeded to nod as Jackson informed herself and Ensign Sherem about their in-place measures.

We would greatly appreciate if we could see them,” she replied, adding to the Ensign’s acceptance regarding the system panels. She turned to watch the commotion as Captain Carter, seemingly, discovered a stowaway from behind a column. Whoever it was, it was obvious they weren’t supposed to be there and it made her nervous. What if whoever had caused the blackout had people on the ground, or worse… people on the inside? Why can’t we ever just experience a ‘turn it off and on again’ situation? She’d probably find that boring.

Jackson offered a nod as he listened to the woman carefully. "We have quite a few measures in place for events like this. First the generators are buried about a hundred feet into the ground and remain offline until they are manually turned on. Like your guess they also operate on a separate frequency than our normal generators so that in the event of a targeted attack we still have them." The tech  returned quickly. "Our servers interface from that panel right there, but if you're wanting to see them physically I'll have to take you through the security gate I came through."

Esme watched as Jackson opened a door to reveal a corridor, instructing them to step his way, and she gestured for the Ensign to move first. “We’re expecting more officers that may also need access, I hope that’s alright.” Esme could appreciate that the station needed tough security to protect their servers and the planet should something like this happen, but she knew that there were members of the Athena that could process data faster and better than she could, and they needed their best on the case.

Esme glanced back at the show-down between their Captain and whoever it was who was intruding. Knowing little about the entire situation left them all vulnerable, and Esme figured a need-to-know was no doubt a better system but with their Starfleet scattered and unable to contact one another with ease…well, it left them all a bit up in the air – so to speak, bar those who were literally stranded on the Athena. Getting her safe is a top priority. She thought to ask Victoria Karn about security but she knew other crew would be arriving soon, no doubt already on the ball with such things. She looked to Victoria, “If there’s anything you need, please don’t hesitate to ask any of us. We’re here to help," and then she walked towards Jackson and the corridor.

Offline Klizh

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • #MeowToo
  • Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2020, 02:43:27 pm »
Relaxation Center, a couple time zones away

The center was a remote hut constructed on an island that required a boat or a floater to reach it, so it was forgivable that everyone in such a sequestered location had no idea what was currently happening elsewhere on the planet--the guests more so due to the very nature of the center, and the Risians because they were busy tending to the needs of their guests, closely monitoring them.

Thus when K'lizh's sensory deprivation pod opened, letting light and sound and smell back into his existence, he sighed with contentment, fully rested. He hadn't been this relaxed since... since... he couldn't remember, but it had to be before joining Starfleet. His extended shore leave was coming to an end, and soon he would have to reunite with his Athena crewmates, but he had done his best to avoid them or anyone else from Starfleet once he heard news that the ship had entered orbit. After his ordeals reclaiming his old ship from pirates at the behest of Starfleet Intelligence, he needed to distance himself from work for as long as he could, and had finally cashed in all the shore leave he had accumulated.

He sat up with a purr in his throat and stretched languidly before climbing out of the pod and nuzzling one of the Risian attendants in thanks. No need for silly clothing out here, he strolled out onto the sandy beach and waited for his boat ride back to the mainland.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

Offline Gid Sherem

• Approved Applicants
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2020, 04:02:05 pm »
[Charlie Fox - Relay Station, Reception]

Charlie reached back into her bag - slowly, so as not to alarm anyone, and pulled out Olsen again. With a couple of taps to allow the officer access to the device, she began to hand it over. "Honestly I have no idea what a good portion of it means, but you will likely make more sense of it." She was reaching out toward Jael, when the Captain's tone commanded a halt to any further progress.

Charlie had been maligned, dismissed, ignored and outright judged plenty of times in her life, but she never got used to the privilege wielded so easily by so many Starfleet officers. At the suggestion that she was the one behind the strange light in the sky and the communications failure, she did a double-take. What followed then was a very specific accusation. Perhaps Captain James William Carter had telepathic abilities. Perhaps he'd seen her before.

"You don't need to hide behind pillars, Captain. You're not a civilian, you're an officer. You can walk in here and demand access, demand answers. I cannot."

She observed him coolly, the anger within still only a small flickering flame. This attitude was nothing new to Charlie. "Would you describe the entire planet of Risa losing contact with the rest of the quadrant for some as yet unknown reason as sensational, Captain? Or are you of that school of thinking that all civilians should be kept completely in the dark, ignorant to the potential threats we face?"

Charlie shook her head, loose red curls brushing against her back with the movement. Why were they all the same? "I am no less deserving of answers than you. And I have every right to pursue them. I just thought I'd offer what I had in the process."
[Relay Station]

A small flash of anger appeared on James face for a brief second. He hadn't liked reporters for quite some time and that feeling had bubbled to the surface now. "I wouldn't have thought my death on an asteroid headed towards Earth could have been sensationalized either, but your lot sure did do their part there." The Captain replied with venom in his tone. "If there's one thing I've learned about reporters, it's that no matter the story, they always seem to find a bloody way. We're not here for answers, answers get you nowhere. We're here for solutions." A disapproving scowl spread across the man's face as he stared the woman down.
[Relay Station | Int]

Esme smiled politely when Victoria Karn replied, introducing herself and Jackson Davis, the technician, and then Esme proceeded to nod as Jackson informed herself and Ensign Sherem about their in-place measures.

We would greatly appreciate if we could see them,” she replied, adding to the Ensign’s acceptance regarding the system panels. She turned to watch the commotion as Captain Carter, seemingly, discovered a stowaway from behind a column. Whoever it was, it was obvious they weren’t supposed to be there and it made her nervous. What if whoever had caused the blackout had people on the ground, or worse… people on the inside? Why can’t we ever just experience a ‘turn it off and on again’ situation? She’d probably find that boring.

Esme watched as Jackson opened a door to reveal a corridor, instructing them to step his way, and she gestured for the Ensign to move first. “We’re expecting more officers that may also need access, I hope that’s alright.” Esme could appreciate that the station needed tough security to protect their servers and the planet should something like this happen, but she knew that there were members of the Athena that could process data faster and better than she could, and they needed their best on the case.

Esme glanced back at the show-down between their Captain and whoever it was who was intruding. Knowing little about the entire situation left them all vulnerable, and Esme figured a need-to-know was no doubt a better system but with their Starfleet scattered and unable to contact one another with ease…well, it left them all a bit up in the air – so to speak, bar those who were literally stranded on the Athena. Getting her safe is a top priority. She thought to ask Victoria Karn about security but she knew other crew would be arriving soon, no doubt already on the ball with such things. She looked to Victoria, “If there’s anything you need, please don’t hesitate to ask any of us. We’re here to help," and then she walked towards Jackson and the corridor.
[Ensign Gidjael Sherem | Communications Relay Station | Belville | Risa]

“Well, whenever you’re ready, Lieutenant,” said Gid to Lieutenant Van Roe...before making a double take and realizing she was already heading in. Gid followed her in.

Back with the Captain and Alice, Jael stared, a little surprised at the reporter, then saw the Captain getting angry at her.

"It's okay, the reporter doesn't mean to get in the way," Jael said with an attempt at reassurance. "Just try to be careful, Miss," she added, turning to the reporter.

“Lieutenant, I’m ready whenever you are,” Jael said to Alice, “If we have to wait for any particular officers to come with us to the central science station, then I’ll wait.”

She turned back to Gid. She’d hate to break up the duo going by one name, “Gidjael,” combining both their names together in what ancient humans called “shipping,” but duty did specify they go where they’re needed to.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 04:14:27 pm by Gid Sherem »

"Two different worlds that used to clash together, yet two birds of a feather that stick together."

Offline Charlie Fox

• Approved Applicants
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2020, 04:48:59 pm »
[Relay Station]

A small flash of anger appeared on James face for a brief second. He hadn't liked reporters for quite some time and that feeling had bubbled to the surface now. "I wouldn't have thought my death on an asteroid headed towards Earth could have been sensationalized either, but your lot sure did do their part there." The Captain replied with venom in his tone. "If there's one thing I've learned about reporters, it's that no matter the story, they always seem to find a bloody way. We're not here for answers, answers get you nowhere. We're here for solutions." A disapproving scowl spread across the man's face as he stared the woman down.

[...]
Back with the Captain and Alice, Jael stared, a little surprised at the reporter, then saw the Captain getting angry at her.

"It's okay, the reporter doesn't mean to get in the way," Jael said with an attempt at reassurance. "Just try to be careful, Miss," she added, turning to the reporter.

Charlie slipped the deactivated device back into her pack once more, and righted the bag over her shoulders, not once taking her eyes off Captain Carter. In response to his tone, she crossed her arms defensively against her chest, but her stare didn't waver. She wasn't going to back down - it wasn't something "her lot" did.

"Well, I can see reports of your death were grossly exaggerated then, Captain," Charlie bit back, allowing disappointment to leak into her expression, "But that's not something I was responsible for. Likely though, that will make no difference to you. We're all the same. How very enlightened of you, Starfleet."

At the softer, perhaps kinder words of the young Cardassian woman, she found herself slightly thrown at the difference in tone. She didn't really know how to respond to the non-confrontational reaction to her in that moment, so she just muttered, "Good luck." Her eyes held some suspicion as they flickered from the other woman who had passed by, and back to Carter.

"Can you have a solution without information?" Her complete attention was back on him then, her voice bordering on exasperated. "Look. I'm here to record bloody flowers and beaches and mind-numbingly boring romantic hotspots. That's what my boss wants me to do, so that's what I was doing, right up until that flash of light in the sky knocked my day on its head. So, what? Are you gonna hang me for curiosity?"

Bio: Charlie Fox
Alt of Felicity Ellis

Offline James Carter

• Trusted Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannua Award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2020, 02:24:36 am »
[Relay Station]

James paused a moment. For a brief second the Captain could help but see an even younger version of himself in the reporter. Back when he was an investigator instead of Starfleet. "The death part wasn't the part that was exaggerated." His arms crossed as he let out an annoyed sigh. "I have to keep my crew's safety as my number one priority. I don't know you and have no way of checking your credentials. I have to ask you to leave so that we can get to work." Carter's voice had calmed significantly but his eyes remained trained on hers.

Jackson nodded as he listened to Esme. "Perfectly fine." He replied warmly. "Vic, once the others have arrived buzz me back and I'll come back to let them through." The taller man turned and exited the reception area towards the server rooms. "We have a few servers for redundancy purposes. They're all mostly the same though. We keep multiple so that they can function together to reduce preformance load, but also so that if one goes down the station can remain active. We can operate on as little as a single server, although that does put us in our current situation where we only have limited functionality."

Offline Alice

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • implicit none
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2020, 10:42:51 am »
[Relay Station]

"We're all the same. How very enlightened of you, Starfleet."

At around this point, three identical women walked past: with different clothes, but the same faces, builds, pendants, and even beehive haircuts. Maybe Starfleet was making them all the same now too?

After James finished speaking with Charlie, one of the triplets approached her. She wore simple touristy shorts and Hawaiian shirt, her large translucent pendant on a silver chain displaying only a number: 360. 'Hi! You can come with me, if you like?' she offered brightly with a pleasant smile, adding in a lower tone 'Sometimes we civilians need to work together too.'

[Party Bus]

'I think it's just us, and my sibling will drive.' Alice 312 confirmed from Jael as they walked out of the relay station. 'We may find and pick up other personnel on the way.'

Alice 312, Alice 404, Jael, and any other personnel who were tagging along boarded the party bus. It hovered off the ground and started to drive out of Belville and toward the central science station.

Offline Katheryn Brighton

• Honoured Member
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2020, 12:07:43 pm »
[Outside Relay Station]

Katheryn had no doubt that her husband and Sven could handle things, so they could have a clearer path to the inside. However that wasn't her main concern, understanding how those outside would of felt given the strange light in the sky and wanting to get answers. Hopefully the crew of the Athena could figure that and restore normality. But until she got inside, there wasn't much that she could do, other than be a reassuring presence and get her people moving.

That was imperative, especially as some of their group led by Alice 312, exited the building and then boarded the party bus. With the twins in the care of Wendy, thanks to her husband, Katheryn then led the way into the relay station, bypassing those gathered and made a beeline towards the Captain. Although did notice Alice 360 talking to someone, who seemed familiar, but Katheryn couldn't immediately place where she knew her from.

" Captain, myself and some of the DH's are here, the rest of the crew, that we've managed to locate are outside, with orders to stay together".

Academy Commandant

Offline Stryker Aune

• Veteran Member
  • Hard work and persistence pays.
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2020, 02:43:03 pm »

Charlie slipped the deactivated device back into her pack once more, and righted the bag over her shoulders, not once taking her eyes off Captain Carter. In response to his tone, she crossed her arms defensively against her chest, but her stare didn't waver. She wasn't going to back down - it wasn't something "her lot" did.

"Well, I can see reports of your death were grossly exaggerated then, Captain," Charlie bit back, allowing disappointment to leak into her expression, "But that's not something I was responsible for. Likely though, that will make no difference to you. We're all the same. How very enlightened of you, Starfleet."

At the softer, perhaps kinder words of the young Cardassian woman, she found herself slightly thrown at the difference in tone. She didn't really know how to respond to the non-confrontational reaction to her in that moment, so she just muttered, "Good luck." Her eyes held some suspicion as they flickered from the other woman who had passed by, and back to Carter.

"Can you have a solution without information?" Her complete attention was back on him then, her voice bordering on exasperated. "Look. I'm here to record bloody flowers and beaches and mind-numbingly boring romantic hotspots. That's what my boss wants me to do, so that's what I was doing, right up until that flash of light in the sky knocked my day on its head. So, what? Are you gonna hang me for curiosity?"

[Outside Relay Station]

Katheryn had no doubt that her husband and Sven could handle things, so they could have a clearer path to the inside. However that wasn't her main concern, understanding how those outside would of felt given the strange light in the sky and wanting to get answers. Hopefully the crew of the Athena could figure that and restore normality. But until she got inside, there wasn't much that she could do, other than be a reassuring presence and get her people moving.

That was imperative, especially as some of their group led by Alice 312, exited the building and then boarded the party bus. With the twins in the care of Wendy, thanks to her husband, Katheryn then led the way into the relay station, bypassing those gathered and made a beeline towards the Captain. Although did notice Alice 360 talking to someone, who seemed familiar, but Katheryn couldn't immediately place where she knew her from.

" Captain, myself and some of the DH's are here, the rest of the crew, that we've managed to locate are outside, with orders to stay together".

Inside the Relay Station

Sven walked in. The bodybuilder was still wearing what he wore to the strongman competition. A stringer tanktop, shorts and boots. He noticed a woman talking to the captain and she seemed to have a recording device. He walked over and hitched a smile upon his bearded face.

"Hi, I'm Lieutenant Commander Sven Aune, chief of security aboard the USS Athena." he said in a kind and friendly voice to Charlie.

"As you can see, Starfleet is.... ah... trying to solve the problem. But I can see that you have questions and they have a right to be answered. Unfortunately Captains tend to restricted schedules. Is there anything I can do for you?"

Sometimes security meant running a diversion.

Offline Charlie Fox

• Approved Applicants
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2020, 06:22:50 pm »
[Relay Station]

James paused a moment. For a brief second the Captain could help but see an even younger version of himself in the reporter. Back when he was an investigator instead of Starfleet. "The death part wasn't the part that was exaggerated." His arms crossed as he let out an annoyed sigh. "I have to keep my crew's safety as my number one priority. I don't know you and have no way of checking your credentials. I have to ask you to leave so that we can get to work." Carter's voice had calmed significantly but his eyes remained trained on hers.
[Relay Station]

At around this point, three identical women walked past: with different clothes, but the same faces, builds, pendants, and even beehive haircuts. Maybe Starfleet was making them all the same now too?

After James finished speaking with Charlie, one of the triplets approached her. She wore simple touristy shorts and Hawaiian shirt, her large translucent pendant on a silver chain displaying only a number: 360. 'Hi! You can come with me, if you like?' she offered brightly with a pleasant smile, adding in a lower tone 'Sometimes we civilians need to work together too.'
Inside the Relay Station

Sven walked in. The bodybuilder was still wearing what he wore to the strongman competition. A stringer tanktop, shorts and boots. He noticed a woman talking to the captain and she seemed to have a recording device. He walked over and hitched a smile upon his bearded face.

"Hi, I'm Lieutenant Commander Sven Aune, chief of security aboard the USS Athena." he said in a kind and friendly voice to Charlie.

"As you can see, Starfleet is.... ah... trying to solve the problem. But I can see that you have questions and they have a right to be answered. Unfortunately Captains tend to restricted schedules. Is there anything I can do for you?"

Sometimes security meant running a diversion.

"My name is Charlie Fox, I work for the Federation Daily Post News and I'm here to discern whether or not Risa should be the Number 4 or 5 Most Romantic Hotspot of the Alpha Quadrant." Her tone was unmistakably wry and her arms were still folded tightly against her chest, though her shoulders had relaxed just a tad. "The only thing you or your crew might ever fear from me is a strongly-worded letter, and I can't even send that because... well..." She paused to point upward, toward the ceiling, amusement beginning to show on her features.

When she realised he meant for her to leave, and that he was serious, she suppressed a sigh. "Captain, you can ask me to leave, you can kick me out forcibly, but that won't stop me from doing my job."

For the second time in as many minutes, Charlie did a double, no, triple-take as three of a kind walked by. "Hi..." She responded, realising then that Captain James William Carter had dismissed her. She felt a certain disappointment at that; it had been a while since she'd gone toe-to-toe with a Starfleeter, at least three weeks, in fact. The beehived women, however, did pique a certain curiosity. "You work with this crew?" She asked of the civilian as she looked from her, and back toward the Captain. Her view was soon totally obstructed by a mountain of a man.

"Hello..."

He was impressive. If she were to describe him she might write him as immensely assembled. And polite, too. From the pleasant triplet, to the helpful Security Chief, Charlie was beginning to think that she was being handled. Not that she could complain, really. It was better than getting arrested - which did happen sometimes.

"I'm just here for information on the flash in the sky that knocked out our comms, Commander." She gestured toward her backpack, which was slung over her shoulder, and gave the man a tentative smile. "And to offer whatever assistance I could." She lowered her voice then and leaned forward ever so slightly. "I was hiding behind the pillar over there, which in retrospect didn't really give the best first impression."

Alt of Felicity Ellis

Offline Alice

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • implicit none
  • Awarded by the FCO to the executive officer who performs best. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2020, 09:48:31 am »
[Relay Station]

'Yes, I'm Alice 360, the ship's Mess Hall Manager, caterer, bartender, and friendly audio-receptor.' she explained to Charlie with a friendly grin.

As Charlie explained she'd been hiding behind a pillar, Alice 360 chuckled. 'I know, my sister detected you. I'm afraid she misidentified you as a spy, which might've set things off on the wrong path.'

Offline Stryker Aune

• Veteran Member
  • Hard work and persistence pays.
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2020, 01:39:07 pm »

"My name is Charlie Fox, I work for the Federation Daily Post News and I'm here to discern whether or not Risa should be the Number 4 or 5 Most Romantic Hotspot of the Alpha Quadrant." Her tone was unmistakably wry and her arms were still folded tightly against her chest, though her shoulders had relaxed just a tad. "The only thing you or your crew might ever fear from me is a strongly-worded letter, and I can't even send that because... well..." She paused to point upward, toward the ceiling, amusement beginning to show on her features.

When she realised he meant for her to leave, and that he was serious, she suppressed a sigh. "Captain, you can ask me to leave, you can kick me out forcibly, but that won't stop me from doing my job."

For the second time in as many minutes, Charlie did a double, no, triple-take as three of a kind walked by. "Hi..." She responded, realising then that Captain James William Carter had dismissed her. She felt a certain disappointment at that; it had been a while since she'd gone toe-to-toe with a Starfleeter, at least three weeks, in fact. The beehived women, however, did pique a certain curiosity. "You work with this crew?" She asked of the civilian as she looked from her, and back toward the Captain. Her view was soon totally obstructed by a mountain of a man.

"Hello..."

He was impressive. If she were to describe him she might write him as immensely assembled. And polite, too. From the pleasant triplet, to the helpful Security Chief, Charlie was beginning to think that she was being handled. Not that she could complain, really. It was better than getting arrested - which did happen sometimes.

"I'm just here for information on the flash in the sky that knocked out our comms, Commander." She gestured toward her backpack, which was slung over her shoulder, and gave the man a tentative smile. "And to offer whatever assistance I could." She lowered her voice then and leaned forward ever so slightly. "I was hiding behind the pillar over there, which in retrospect didn't really give the best first impression."

Sven listened and as he did so, he couldn't help to wonder where he had seen her face before. He knew it from somewhere. And then it struck him like a bolt of lightning.

He snapped his fingers and did a little point, "You're Charlie Fox. You wrote a number of well written and thought provoking articles about civilians living on Star fleet space stations. You know, I happen to agree with many of your accounts. As a security officer I've seen how civilians are often shunted from one side to the next, especially when it's a matter of safety. A difficult problem, but if Star Fleet is going to have civilian shops and personnel aboard their stations and ships they need to taking a more proactive approach"

He spoke in earnest and genuine.

"Maybe we can discuss more about that later. Right now, as you can see- Well, Crisis mode alpha 1. And I would most appreciate any collaboration you can offer. My services are at your disposal Miss Fox. Well within reason. But there isn't any reason why we can't forge a working and beneficial relationship!"

Offline Caleb Brighton

• Approved Applicants
  • Three year award Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2020, 05:27:01 pm »
[ Relay Station ]

As Caleb's eyes scanned the area, he noticed many things. He did, however, notice after doing a headcount in his head, that there was one extra. His curiosity was peaked, to say the least. He made his way over to where Sven was speaking to the other person. He overheard some of the dialogue between Sven and the new face as he moved closer. While he had his reservations about reporters, especially one that gave him trouble in the past, he was willing to offer some help to his fellow officer.

"I can offer my services to help as well. I am Doctor Caleb Brighton and I am the Chief Medical Officer aboard the USS Athena." Caleb said trying his best to interject at the right moment. "Can you answer me a question? Have you gotten any reports or any complaints from others around you about the light? I am worried it may have some nasty side effects we may not be able to track. If there are any, well I can only treat with what I have." There were many things bugging him about the day, but that light concerned him via a medical standpoint. He was going to gather as much intel as he could. Even if that meant a source outside the crew.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 05:38:36 pm by Caleb Brighton »

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline James Carter

• Trusted Member
  • Grapefruit.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Biannua Award Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2020, 06:49:26 pm »
[Relay Station]

"I'm not asking you not to do your job. Just to not do it where we're doing ours." James replied, quickly turned to his first officer. "Good work." He said with a warm smile. "Afraid we have a bit of a mess on our hands with the current situation. We're going to have to break up our crew once more. Everyone that's mechanically inclined is going to be working with Van'Roe here. We need another team to head a few kilometers north to the science station. There's a chance they have some kind of data that might help us uncover what's going on here. Build up a team of your choice and head that way." The Captain ordered lightly.

Carter began to move towards Aune and Fox and spoke once again. "Aune, we need all hands on deck to get this relay station back operational again. That is priority number one right now, nothing else." He motioned with his head to the door to the server room. "Ms. Fox, you said you were taking pictures of flowers correct? How close to the flash had you taken a picture?" His eyes shifted from his chief of security back to the reporter once again. His tone was geniunely inquisitve, and not even in an interrogitive way either.

Offline Charlie Fox

• Approved Applicants
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2020, 07:41:00 pm »

"What an interesting name," Charlie said to Alice 360. "It sounds like you have a lot of responsibilities on your ship. I'm always interested in hearing the stories of the civilians who serve in their own capacities with the Fleet, maybe later you might be willing to speak with me about that?"

Beneath the Veneer had been gaining some traction in recent weeks, and she'd almost finished editing her Columbus interviews for the first part of her documentary series. Having perspectives from other crews and their people would certainly be welcomed. "I've been on worse paths," she added with what appeared to be a conciliatory grin. When the Security Chief recognised not just her, but also the specifics of some of her work, she looked at him, her brows rising with her surprise.

"Yes... That's me. I can't tell you how refreshing you are, Commander. The Federation lures civilians to these outposts with promises of some idyll, leaving the untrained masses unprepared for real frontier life." She glanced at the Captain and the other man who was approaching, and promptly stopped talking.

At the questions from the Doctor, and another from the Captain, she managed to suppress a sigh and mostly cover her frustration. "Well, that's what I've been trying to offer - my footage." She gestured toward the equipment in her bag. She shook her head and responded to the Chief Medical Officer first, who seemed concerned with the possible side effects. "I didn't notice any complaints, Doctor, though I came straight here and didn't stop to speak with anyone. The flash happened so quickly that I myself only caught a glimpse of it receding."

She fished out her personal PADD from her bag and began swiping at the screen, quickly flipping through some holostills from the day. "Olsen, that's my recorder, takes live footage of basically whatever I see." She handed the PADD to Captain James William Carter; the screen showing a collage of a dozen or so images. "These were the last stills that were transferred from Olsen to the PADD."

Alt of Felicity Ellis

Offline Gid Sherem

• Approved Applicants
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2020, 08:26:44 pm »

[Party Bus]

'I think it's just us, and my sibling will drive.' Alice 312 confirmed from Jael as they walked out of the relay station. 'We may find and pick up other personnel on the way.'

Alice 312, Alice 404, Jael, and any other personnel who were tagging along boarded the party bus. It hovered off the ground and started to drive out of Belville and toward the central science station.
[Ensign Jael Sherem | Party Bus | Risa]

Jael was a little surprised to find that the best means of transportation the crew had at the moment was a party bus. But under the circumstances, she could understand. Commandeering random vehicles were quite frequent in the slums of Cardassia Prime, often during blackouts. She heard plenty of stories before her mother Gul Sherem defected to the Federation, resigning in protest to the Dominion.

At least the weather controls are still working, Jael thought.

She was further surprised by seeing that there was another Alice at the controls.

“How many Alices are there aboard the Athena?” Jael asked in surprise.

"Two different worlds that used to clash together, yet two birds of a feather that stick together."

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPG Initiative