Cult of Elder (4.6)

Started by James Carter, February 07, 2020, 02:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

[Village, Vallen]

Alice 312 heard K'lizh's proposal, but, after estimating the potential risk to the Caitian running through the village and being shot at, her programmed compulsion to help meant she had to offer a revision. 'Sir, on that basis, I will have a better chance to elude them and resist damage if I am shot. Furthermore, I have a valid reason to go back into the town and draw attention, to collect my clothes and combadge. I should begin the distraction.'

Esmeralda Van'Roe

[Vallen | Village Outskirts]

Esme wasn't surprised at how quickly her crewmates offered themselves up as Team Distraction, and she wondered briefly if it showed her true cowardly colours that she didn't, but she'd reflect on that later while nursing a bottle of something strong; her preferred kind of distraction.

"I know we don't have a lot of time, Ma'am," Esme said to Commander Brighton, "but for those of us not causing the distraction, perhaps it would be wise for us to find alternative clothing from the USS Roberts." Then again, a small knit town like this would probably notice a new face, uniform or not. "Actually, ignore me. I don't know what I'm talking about." She scratched her chin awkwardly. "I'm not very good with combat so... I think it'd be best for me to be on team Free Captain."

Katheryn Brighton

[Village Outskirts, Vallen]

As those she trusted, began to discuss the distraction that they would need, in order to gain access to the Bunker. Katheryn listened to all of the ideas and suggestions that were made, appreciating the lengths that everyone was going to, in order to rescue the Captain.

It just showed how much they all cared and how they wanted to be successful, thanks to their experiences with the villagers and knowing, that they hadn't been truthful with them.

So as the XO considered everything and why each idea had merit, it wasn't long before she came up with their plan of action.

" First of all, thank you for your suggestions and ideas, this is why we do what we do, especially when one of our family is in trouble" she said as she looked at them all.

" Our plan will be as follows, we all go back to the village, using the buildings as cover, then Alice will go ahead and cause the distraction, then once we get her signal, we'll go and retrieve the Captain .... if everyone is ready, we'll begin immediately".

Academy Commandant

Jael Sherem

Quote from: Alice on March 24, 2020, 02:56:40 AM

[Village, Vallen]

Alice 312 heard K'lizh's proposal, but, after estimating the potential risk to the Caitian running through the village and being shot at, her programmed compulsion to help meant she had to offer a revision. 'Sir, on that basis, I will have a better chance to elude them and resist damage if I am shot. Furthermore, I have a valid reason to go back into the town and draw attention, to collect my clothes and combadge. I should begin the distraction.'

Quote from: Esmeralda Van'Roe on March 24, 2020, 07:35:18 AM

[Vallen | Village Outskirts]

Esme wasn't surprised at how quickly her crewmates offered themselves up as Team Distraction, and she wondered briefly if it showed her true cowardly colours that she didn't, but she'd reflect on that later while nursing a bottle of something strong; her preferred kind of distraction.

"I know we don't have a lot of time, Ma'am," Esme said to Commander Brighton, "but for those of us not causing the distraction, perhaps it would be wise for us to find alternative clothing from the USS Roberts." Then again, a small knit town like this would probably notice a new face, uniform or not. "Actually, ignore me. I don't know what I'm talking about." She scratched her chin awkwardly. "I'm not very good with combat so... I think it'd be best for me to be on team Free Captain."

Quote from: Katheryn Brighton on March 24, 2020, 08:50:42 AM

As those she trusted, began to discuss the distraction that they would need, in order to gain access to the Bunker. Katheryn listened to all of the ideas and suggestions that were made, appreciating the lengths that everyone was going to, in order to rescue the Captain.

It just showed how much they all cared and how they wanted to be successful, thanks to their experiences with the villagers and knowing, that they hadn't been truthful with them.

So as the XO considered everything and why each idea had merit, it wasn't long before she came up with their plan of action.

" First of all, thank you for your suggestions and ideas, this is why we do what we do, especially when one of our family is in trouble" she said as she looked at them all.

" Our plan will be as follows, we all go back to the village, using the buildings as cover, then Alice will go ahead and cause the distraction, then once we get her signal, we'll go and retrieve the Captain .... if everyone is ready, we'll begin immediately".

[Ensigns Gid and Jael Sherem | Vallen Village]

Gid and Jael both nodded. They both knew what to do now that Commander Brighton made her proposals, though they had to make glances at each other; if the Athena was a family, that made Gid and Jael adopted siblings, in a way, even if they literally are adopted siblings.

"If you're thinking about disguises, Lieutenant," said Jael, "we'll have better luck getting them from any villagers we can...surprise."

"You're definitely going to be useful on Team Free Captain," said Gid. "I wish you luck, sis."

Turning to Alice, he said, "Okay, I got your back, then, Lieutenant. I mean, back you up. Just give the word to move out."

"And I'm ready as well, Commander," said Jael, turning to the Commander. "Just say the word."

"Two different worlds that used to clash together, yet two birds of a feather that stick together."

Alice

[Outside the Village, Vallen]

'Yes, commander.' Alice 312 confirmed and, as the away team returned stealthily to the village, the android marched gamely ahead. She chose a direct route back to the village and into the main street, intending to be seen, not to be concealed, and adopted a steady walking pace calculated to give the others time to get into position and her not to look like she was sneaking or charging in. And she smiled pleasantly the whole way. The whole oddity of the smiling topless android striding confidently back in to a place that had previously driven her team out at phaser-point was enough of a distraction itself. But if it came to it, Alice was preparing many more ways of being distracting to the villagers...

Esmeralda Van'Roe

Quote from: Gid Sherem on March 24, 2020, 08:38:26 PM

"If you're thinking about disguises, Lieutenant," said Jael, "we'll have better luck getting them from any villagers we can...surprise."

Quote from: Alice on March 24, 2020, 11:08:41 PM

'Yes, commander.' Alice 312 confirmed and, as the away team returned stealthily to the village, the android marched gamely ahead. She chose a direct route back to the village and into the main street, intending to be seen, not to be concealed, and adopted a steady walking pace calculated to give the others time to get into position and her not to look like she was sneaking or charging in. And she smiled pleasantly the whole way. The whole oddity of the smiling topless android striding confidently back in to a place that had previously driven her team out at phaser-point was enough of a distraction itself. But if it came to it, Alice was preparing many more ways of being distracting to the villagers...

[Village Outskirts | Vallen]

Esme nodded in acknowledgement to Commander Brighton's decision, and she smiled appreciatively, though shyly, at Ensign Jael Sherem's validation of her slightly time-consuming idea. The villagers did make more sense, and their clothes would blend in better, but Esme wasn't sure changing outfits was on the agenda what with the immediacy of locating Captain Carter. She watched Alice walk away, pursing her part of the distraction plan, and worried for her crewmate's safety. She wasn't sure if Alice would consider them friends but in her short time aboard the Athena, Esme definitely felt protective of her in ways a friend might. She had no time to convey any sentiments though and merely prayed to whatever higher power was out there that Alice would be alright, and would succeed her mission in one piece.

Caleb Brighton

[ Village Outskirts, Vallen ]

Caleb and Edward gave a nod to one another. "We are ready." They would be as ready as ever. Edward was ready for the danger too. The two moved to have their medical packs shield their backs "Might not be able to do much for us, but it'll do" The two doctors were ready to what was needed to help with it all. They had their medical tricorders ready to try and locate the Captain's signature.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Katheryn Brighton

[Village, Vallen]

With everyone ready and Alice leading the way, so she could begin the distraction. Katheryn waited a few minutes to allow Alice to gain a decent distance between them so as not to arouse suspicion and give them a better chance for the plan to work.

Counting down internally as well as preparing herself mentally for what was about to happen. Her mind clear and focused, the XO then led the way back into the village, keeping to the edge, until they reached a suitable hide out.

This would give them the perfect vantage point to observe Alice and get ready to infiltrate the bunker.

" Okay everyone, now we wait for the signal".

Academy Commandant

stryker aune

|Village|

Sven waited patiently watching Alice go off into the distance. There wasn't much to be said. Action was the measure of the course.

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Jael Sherem

Quote from: Katheryn Brighton on March 26, 2020, 12:05:00 PM

[Village, Vallen]

With everyone ready and Alice leading the way, so she could begin the distraction. Katheryn waited a few minutes to allow Alice to gain a decent distance between them so as not to arouse suspicion and give them a better chance for the plan to work.

Counting down internally as well as preparing herself mentally for what was about to happen. Her mind clear and focused, the XO then led the way back into the village, keeping to the edge, until they reached a suitable hide out.

This would give them the perfect vantage point to observe Alice and get ready to infiltrate the bunker.

" Okay everyone, now we wait for the signal".

Quote from: Stryker Aune on March 27, 2020, 01:29:32 PM

|Village|

Sven waited patiently watching Alice go off into the distance. There wasn't much to be said. Action was the measure of the course.

Gid and Jael patted each other with encouragement and then went their separate ways. Gid followed Alice, ready to help with her distraction, as well as to make sure she'll be okay.

To Gid, it was an intriguing pattern. She was intending to be seen. Just as well. And in any case, he had his hand hovering above his phaser as subtly as he could in case he had to use it.

Jael, meanwhile, nodded to Commander Brighton nearby in acknowledgement.

"Two different worlds that used to clash together, yet two birds of a feather that stick together."

James Carter

[Village - Guards]

As one of the guards spotted Alice walking down the center of the street he gave the other a slight shove. "Look at this. They're back. Go deal with them. I'll stay here."

The other guard shot the first man a look that could run cold even the blood of the devil. "Fine. Just don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." His voice was gruff and mean. His thick cockney accent was unmistakable. Within seconds he had started towards the city center to meet the android, a frown plastered solidly on his face. "I thought we told you lot to leave and not come back?" The man shouted out to Alice.

Alice

[Village, Vallen]

But Alice just stopped and smiled and waved at the man. It was important to always follow proper communications protocols. 'Yes, your leader said almost exactly that!' she called back pleasantly, raising her volume to a level not just appropriate to the social distance, but to shouting clear across the village. 'But she did not specify how we should communicate afterward! I had to come back to ask a few questions in order to arrange our going away and not coming back! Are you able to answer them, or would you like to call back your spokeswoman?!' She could've gotten straight to the point, but didn't; she needed to keep them talking, or rather, herself talking.

Meanwhile, Alice transmitted a signal from her wifi to the team's combadges. =/\='I am gaining their attention now.'=/\=

Katheryn Brighton

[Village, Vallen]

Waiting was never one of the easiest things to do, especially given what was at stake, however Katheryn had learned how to be patient, rather than acting rashly and putting everything and everyone at unnecessary risk. Still she knew that she could rely on Alice and to her surprise Gid who had decided to assist. Whilst she admired his tenacity to do something like that, she was pretty sure, that she had only ordered Alice to deal with the distraction.

That was something to deal with later as she wasn't about to blow their cover or expose their hiding place as Alice then relayed to them all that she had caught the villagers attention. Tapping her badge twice to acknowledge the message, Katheryn then turned to those who were with her.

" Okay lets move out quietly, I want Commander Aune to lead, with security bringing up the rear, those with phasers set them to stun, should we encounter anyone, when we reach the bunker".

Academy Commandant

Klizh

Quote from: Katheryn Brighton on March 28, 2020, 05:49:40 AM

[Village, Vallen]

Waiting was never one of the easiest things to do, especially given what was at stake, however Katheryn had learned how to be patient, rather than acting rashly and putting everything and everyone at unnecessary risk. Still she knew that she could rely on Alice and to her surprise Gid who had decided to assist. Whilst she admired his tenacity to do something like that, she was pretty sure, that she had only ordered Alice to deal with the distraction.

That was something to deal with later as she wasn't about to blow their cover or expose their hiding place as Alice then relayed to them all that she had caught the villagers attention. Tapping her badge twice to acknowledge the message, Katheryn then turned to those who were with her.

" Okay lets move out quietly, I want Commander Aune to lead, with security bringing up the rear, those with phasers set them to stun, should we encounter anyone, when we reach the bunker".

While the others had their phasers and tricorders out, K'lizh pocketed both--for now. His claws were out. He prayed to the Great Mother that he wouldn't have to use them, but he was prepared to. And a couple others had their tricorders out, so his would provide no extra information--especially when he had a sense no one else in the party had, a sense of smell. He would hopefully pick up Captain Carter's scent before any tricorder pinged him in a bunker. Hunched over, claws splayed, nostrils flared, pupils dilated, he took up a position close behind Commander Brighton.

"Here is the blackness of space, the myriad stars gleaming like diamond dust or, as some people would say, like great balls of exploding hydrogen a very long way off. But then, some people would say anything." - Terry Pratchett

James Carter

Quote from: Alice on March 28, 2020, 02:30:43 AM

[Village, Vallen]

But Alice just stopped and smiled and waved at the man. It was important to always follow proper communications protocols. 'Yes, your leader said almost exactly that!' she called back pleasantly, raising her volume to a level not just appropriate to the social distance, but to shouting clear across the village. 'But she did not specify how we should communicate afterward! I had to come back to ask a few questions in order to arrange our going away and not coming back! Are you able to answer them, or would you like to call back your spokeswoman?!' She could've gotten straight to the point, but didn't; she needed to keep them talking, or rather, herself talking.

Meanwhile, Alice transmitted a signal from her wifi to the team's combadges. =/\='I am gaining their attention now.'=/\=

[Village - Guard]

To say the guard wasn't amused would have been a gross understatement. Very suddenly the man raised his phaser rifle and pointed it directly at Alice. "I don't know what you're trying, but I'm going to give you one more chance. Leave and no one has to get-." A loud metal thwack abruptly cut him off as the man crumpled to the ground. Jacob shook slightly as everyone else in the courtyard turned to look at what he'd done.

In Jacob's hands sat a small piece of sheet metal, just larger than a book. "Look. I'll help you, but you and your Starfleet friends have to leave and take the crazy cult people with you." His voice shook as he spoke, clearly afraid of his life.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.