Author Topic: NX Mission: The First Casualty  (Read 32598 times)

Offline James H. Hawk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: NX Mission: The First Casualty
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2017, 06:50:10 am »
[Corridors]

When Matthew finally came to, he saw a young crewman standing over him. Matt was confused but he thought he had some idea of what had happened....the Lexington had been attacked. The last thing he remember was finally coming to an agreement with Major Tom over joint training between Security and the MACOs. He remembered leaving the Mess for the Bridge but being hit by an explosion, as if the ship had been attacked.

Sir? Sir are you ok? asked the young Security Officer who had found his boss lying unconscious in the corridor.

"What...yes, I'm fine," Matt said groggily. "What happened?"

"We where attacked, we don't know who it was. I was sent to go find you," the crewman responded.

"I have to get to the Bridge!" Matt exclaimed as he quickly stood up and took a moment to balance himself. He then ran off to the nearest turbolift to get to the Bridge. He heard the crewman telling him to be careful and slow down but he wasn't listening.

[Bridge]

Matthew stumbled onto the Bridge and over to his station. "I'm...I'm sorry, Captain. I was knocked unconscious and I've only just came to. I'm ready, willing and...erm mostly able to get back to work."

Offline Lena Atwood

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2017, 08:24:16 am »
[Engineering]

"Yes ma'am." Thomas replied, glancing at the fallen bodies. I'm going to need more people down here. Pulling his communicator out of a sleeve pocket, he tried to reach the only other member of his team he knew was still alive. =/\="Atwood, this Wang. Are you anywhere close to Engineering?"=/\=

=/\= "No, I'm on the bridge. I'll get kitted out then I'll try to fight my way down!" =/\=

She went over and started salvaging what she could from a opened emergency weapons locker, grabbing a phase pistol and a few stun grenades. Happy she checked her energy cell and waited by the door.

When she got there she waited briefly before the security crewman manning it nodded, released the clamps and swung the door open. Mercifully it was clear, and Kaeti headed out following in the wake of the Orion.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.— Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 20, 2017, 03:49:34 pm »
[Bridge]

Matthew stumbled onto the Bridge and over to his station. "I'm...I'm sorry, Captain. I was knocked unconscious and I've only just came to. I'm ready, willing and...erm mostly able to get back to work."

[Bridge]

Tyvon looked as the Tactical Chief ran the bridge area. "Mister Harmon. Welcome back. I want a tactical analysis on the enemy ships within ten minutes. Get to work." He said, as he turned around in the chair and read off of a display device some of the status reports flowing in.
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Alexander Wu

• Pineapple Pizza Crusader
  • Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2017, 08:42:59 am »
=/\= "No, I'm on the bridge. I'll get kitted out then I'll try to fight my way down!" =/\=

[Main Engineering]

=/\="Acknowledged, I'll meet you at the turbolifts. Don't get dead."=/\=

Although he was still only armed with the alien rifle, Thomas reckoned it was charged enough to make it to the lift, and hopefully he'd be able to find some battery packs along the way. Giving main engineering a quick scan down the length of the warp core, he called over to the chief engineer. "Commander, I'm going to tee up with some of my troops so we can do a proper clearance. Seal the hatch behind me, and I'll give you a call when we're back."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2017, 12:18:57 pm »
[Main Engineering]

=/\="Acknowledged, I'll meet you at the turbolifts. Don't get dead."=/\=

Although he was still only armed with the alien rifle, Thomas reckoned it was charged enough to make it to the lift, and hopefully he'd be able to find some battery packs along the way. Giving main engineering a quick scan down the length of the warp core, he called over to the chief engineer. "Commander, I'm going to tee up with some of my troops so we can do a proper clearance. Seal the hatch behind me, and I'll give you a call when we're back."

[Main Engineering]

Grace turned around from her work re-wiring the Crystal to face Wang. Nodding, she answered;   "Will definitely do."
As soon as she was certain the MACO officer was inside the tunnels, she grabbed the large spanner still in her belt and bolted the heavy port door shut. Feeling just a little wary without the presence of the MACO, she grabbed a phaser and went back to her work on the Dilithium crystal. The wiring was done now, and as the crystal powered up, she could feel the ship already singing with the power. With her communicator, she hailed the bridge.
=/\= " This is Renehan to bridge. We've got enough power back for warp speeds. Probably can't get much past warp 2 right now, so take her slow. We're diverting some of the Aux power to what's left of the shields. Try not to hit anything. Renehan out."=/\=

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2017, 03:52:37 pm »
[Maintenance Corridors]

Bota was not a stranger to danger.  The Mercury had been attacked by pirates, once, and the incident had left him with grievous injuries.  However, he had never left the sanctuary of Engineering during a boarding action.  There was a certain comfort to being in one's 'nest' and now that he was far from his comfort zone, his anxiety was beginning to mount.

This was made all the worse by the bloody landscape he was crawling through.   Twice, he'd been forced to slide past the bodies of dead crewmen who had been killed by the unknown foe that even now stalked through the vessel.  Occasionally, he'd scrape by blood or charred bits of organic matter.  The smell was not unlike a barbecue, and the association made him want to vomit.

Carbon marks on the walls of the maintenance corridors spoke of firefights taking place in these cramped confines.  What had it been like for the participants, to come face-to-face with a foe and have nowhere to maneuver, nowhere to hide?   

How long before it was him that 'enjoyed' such an encounter?

But fate was kind to Bota M'Bala.  The trickster God must be taking his delight elsewhere.  After several interminable minutes of crawling through an endless series of maintenance corridors and shafts, he finally came to the Deflector maintenance room.  Popping out of the shaft, he hopped to the deck. 

With his left hand, he wiped sweat from his brow, lest it drip down and burn his eyes, obscuring his vision.   Then he identified the adjacent sublight comms access locker.   His maintenance key gave him quick access to the EM shielded compartment.  Manually triggering the circuit breaker allowed him to shut off the power to the magnetron quickly, and he was able to pull the unit without incident. 

The magnetron used in their sublight comms array was a hefty 2.5 megawatt unit, able to send signals to anywhere within the same solar system.  What Bota planned to do was to short the unit across the Deflector power poles, cooking it with energy a full order of magnitude higher than what it was designed to handle.  That should create a powerful EM pulse that would interrupt every piece of electronics on the ship- including the biomonitors inside the boarder's suicide vests.   

It was Bota's theory that an interruption of the biomonitor signal would cause the vests to activate their kill function.   After all, cutting the biomonitor signal would indicate either the death of the occupant, or an attempt to bypass the device and get at the man inside.  The vests must be built to avoid any such tampering, or else they'd be useless.

Opening the access panel to the Deflector dish internals was simple, as was taking the Deflector momentarily offline by manually triggering another circuit-breaker.  This was was remote-accessible, so the bridge would be able to toggle it.   He laid the Magnetron across the main feed lines to the Deflector, and then stepped back, walking again into the communications room and crouching to get inside the shielded maintenance locker.   

"=/\= Lieutenant M'Bala to the Bridge.  The Magnetron is in place.  When you're ready to access the EMP, simply remote-toggle the deflector breaker.  Then we'll be without power or function for 60 seconds as everything reboots. =/\="

(tag)
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline D'Vid

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2017, 03:59:06 am »
[chef's cave]

D'Vid stirred from his spirit world trip. He opened his eyes to see the ceiling. He sat up. Observed his surroundings to find everyone was gone. His rifle was on his right side.

He was not playing dead. He was out cold. He held his hand to the back of his head, moved his hand to front of him. There was a lot of blood. That was were he got struck hard.

He had to assist the crew. He was a chef. He had some training in marine fighting. The enemy did not know that. He was a wolf. A solo wolf could be dangerous as the pack itself. The one problem was. He was not sure the lay out of the ship.

He grabbed his rifle, fought the spinning world as he was getting back on his two feet. He had to wait. He was in no shape to move, but he had too. He could possible be the one person to tip the odds. These men and women needed him.

He just had to sit. He sat down. Thinking he needed rest but fighting it off.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Site Administrators
  • Honoured Member
  • Who made this guy an Admiral?
  • Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2017, 04:08:15 am »
[Time Jump- Three Hours Later]

The ship rocked as another depth charge flew and tracked closer to the hull of the poor Lexington. Tyvon rocked as the charge came closer to the ship. They got closer and closer each time. The 'Raptorans', if that was truly their name, where nothing if not persistant. At least a half-dozen warbirds were now firing constantly into the nebula, trying to draw them out. Outside of the nebula, only the gods knew.

The crew had performed admirably- Lieutenant M'Bala's plan had worked admirably, every single Raptoran on the ship was dead and the crew had set about on repairs. Much damage was repaired- but the ship was now on lower on supplies than ever.

Tyvon was walking the halls, observing the repairs and talking with the crew. He unzipped the pocket of his uniform and flipped open the communicator he found. It was time to get the ship underway.

He held the communicator in one hand as he pressed a button on the wall of the bulkhead. =/\= All hands, this is the Captain. Prepare to get underway. We're going to try to outrun these bastards... and get back to Starfleet lines. Stand ready.=/\= he said, and closed the comms channel.

He how turned his attention to his communicator. =/\= Ensign Chessnut, plot a course to the nearest starbase. I want an ETA if we go at warp 5.=/\= he said. He immediately switched channels.

=/\=Lieutenant Harmon, Major Mattis, I want a tactical report on everything you know about these creatures, ship based, ground combat, anything you have. In my quarters, two minutes.=/\= he said, ignoring the fact that it was at least a five minute trip to his quaters.

=/\=Ensigns Jada and Black, coordinate with Corporal Atwood and Sergeant Wang, prepare likely tactical scenarios and plan to defend the ship from imminant external and internal contacts.=/\=

=/\=Engineering, I need maximum warp and I need it yetsterday. How much power can you get me?=/\=

=/\=Subcommander Mahak, coordinate with your department. I need a way to detect these ships.=/\=

He made his final call. =/\=Lieutenant Apostolos, Casualty report. How many did we lose?=/\=

He observed the phase rifle he had gathered, It wasn't pretty but it was all he had. He just had a bad feeling about this. It was time to run.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:44:37 pm by Dylan Torngate »
Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2017, 06:27:51 am »

=/\=Engineering, I need maximum warp and I need it yetsterday. How much power can you get me?=/\=

[Main Engineering]

Grace wiped a few beads of sweat from her forehead, and unintentionally wiped a smudge of grease onto herself. She and her Engineering crew had been tirelessly working to near-exhaustion in order to fix most of the damage. Unfortunately, they were running out of spare parts, which was causing a few more unorthodox repairs to be made than she liked. Everything seemed to be falling apart on them, and it seemed that even a  hard sneeze could likely cause serious damage. She had even sent a couple of her engineers out to go salvage whatever they could find from any and all non-essential systems and  things they could find. Right now, she was reworking some wires from a crewman's stereo speakers into more connections for a frayed power converter. Feeling her communicator vibrate she heard Captan Tyvon order maximum warp.  She looked at the diagnostics panel. The ship had a lot more power than previously, but Warp 5?  It probably could be done, but there was a severe risk any of a dozen different systems could blow at any time during max power. She turned to Bota. "Tyvon wants  us to get to max warp. Do you think we can squeeze any more power from anywhere to get her up to that speed? "

Offline Jada

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • #greenlivesmatter
  • Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2017, 09:56:39 am »
[Corridors]

d'Jada had grappled with the Raptoran female for ages, struggling to lock her limbs in place and counter her own efforts to escape, fight back, or kill her. That she could do with relative ease; d'Jada could've killed the Raptoran at any time, or forced the suit to do it for her – she felt confident in that. No, the real trick was in doing enough injury to slow the Raptoran down, but not enough to get her registered as a casualty and disintegrated. She couldn't even risk choking her out. Nevertheless, d;Jada was determined to take the Raptoran prisoner – alive, unharmed, and intact – not for Starfleet, but for the OSN. At the least, she had to see what was under that helmet. It could be vital intelligence. An enemy attacked in disguise if they wanted to also pass as a friend.

At long last, she'd wormed her away around and straddled the Raptoran woman from behind, her folded legs trapping and spreading each of hers under her knees, her arms locking the other woman's in her elbows. Jada pressed her palms to the sides of the helmet, worked her fingers under the edge, and began to pull up, to forcibly remove it at any cost. And really, all she needed was the head. 'Time to see what you look like.' d'Jada grunted, at last getting the helmet to slip free...

Then M'Bala's pulse swept through and the Raptoran woman was vaporized in her arms.

d'Jada squirmed out of the ashes, cursing in Low Kolari. She'd only just gotten her fingertips out of the helmet before she'd lost them.

[Later...]

d'Jada had spent the next few hours in the sorry work of cleanup: sweeping debris, shifting wreckage, and of course moving the bodies. d'Jada had volunteered herself for this; an Orion was always ready to do a hard, dirty job. She figured it would be easier on the crew, not having to clean up friends and crewmates, she wanted to spare them that pain. She figured it would be easier on herself, not knowing who most of them were, having no strong connection to any of them. All these dead humans, with their weird red blood, the pale ones looking like they were long dead already. But it wasn't at all easier. She saw people so much like her own, whatever their colour. She saw faces too young and innocent to die. She saw good crew – her crew, now they'd come through fire together.

At last it was done, and before she could rest, wash, and weep, she was called on to serve again. =/\='Aye, captain.'=/\= she returned to Tyvon, and went in search of Black, Atwood, and/or Wang.
Academy Chief of the Boat  (Personnel File)

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2017, 01:02:57 pm »
[Time Jump- Three Hours Later]

=/\=Subcommander Mahak, coordinate with your department. I need a way to detect these ships.=/\=

[Deck B - Science Labs]

"=/\=Acknowledged, sir.=/\=" Mahak said, and released his finger from the comm button only to tap it again. "=/\=Ensign Jyur, report to the science lab.=/\="

The Vulcan began his investigation by poring over the collected sensor logs from the attack. The computer was still collecting information and displaying it for him.  He would wait for Jyur to make an appearance, but right now the results were none too encouraging. But he did not require encouragement, only logic and reason.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2017, 03:42:38 pm »

[Engineering]

Bota glanced at the Chief, not wanting to speak up.

There were two problems with delivering maximum Warp, and he was not sure that either of them could be solved.

There was a crack in the dilithium matrix.   The Chief had re-aligned the cradle and held it in place with tape and other odds and ends.  It was a repair technique which had astonished him.  That had allowed them to restore main power by making sure the matter/antimatter streams avoided the crack, but this could only be maintained at low power levels.  Putting enough matter and antimatter through the crystal to get the ship to Warp 5 was likely to completely shatter the thing.   Then they'd be going Warp Zero with no main power at all.

Worse, one of the warp coils in the nacelles was out of alignment thanks to a weapons hit.  The only way to fix that was to go EVA, and that seemed unlikely under the current scenario.   Without a properly aligned coil, they could scarcely manage Warp 2 without shaking the ship apart, never mind Warp 5.

This was one of the few times Bota was glad not to be in charge.  He wasn't the one who had to deliver bad news to the people on the bridge.

On the other hand, perhaps the Chief would somehow fix this with chewing gum and yarn.  At this point, he wouldn't put anything past her.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Kinley Garrison

• The Cheezit Thief
  • Command Level Officer
  • Honoured Member
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2017, 02:26:54 pm »
=/\=Engineering, I need maximum warp and I need it yesterday. How much power can you get me?=/\=

[Engineering]

Bota glanced at the Chief, not wanting to speak up.

There were two problems with delivering maximum Warp, and he was not sure that either of them could be solved.

There was a crack in the dilithium matrix.   The Chief had re-aligned the cradle and held it in place with tape and other odds and ends.  It was a repair technique which had astonished him.  That had allowed them to restore main power by making sure the matter/antimatter streams avoided the crack, but this could only be maintained at low power levels.  Putting enough matter and antimatter through the crystal to get the ship to Warp 5 was likely to completely shatter the thing.   Then they'd be going Warp Zero with no main power at all.

Worse, one of the warp coils in the nacelles was out of alignment thanks to a weapons hit.  The only way to fix that was to go EVA, and that seemed unlikely under the current scenario.   Without a properly aligned coil, they could scarcely manage Warp 2 without shaking the ship apart, never mind Warp 5.

This was one of the few times Bota was glad not to be in charge.  He wasn't the one who had to deliver bad news to the people on the bridge.

On the other hand, perhaps the Chief would somehow fix this with chewing gum and yarn.  At this point, he wouldn't put anything past her.

Main Engineering]

Nervously looking around at the shambles of the Engineering room, Grace still couldn't help but notice the red power levels on a good portion of the ship's diagnostic stats.  Nothing was actively breaking at this moment, but she definitely wasn't pressing her luck. And as of right now, going warp 5 was not an option.  She hated being the bearer of bad news, but there was no other option here. She radioed the bridge. =/\= Sir, I hate to say this, but the ship can't handle what you're asking for. Right now, if  my estimates are correct, we probably'll be able to get to  warp 2.7, maybe 3 if we're really pushing it. 
We might be able to realign one of the warp coils  with an EVA run, but right now, unless you want ten minutes of warp 5, and then impulse all the way home, we can't do it.  =/\= "

Offline Jettis Jyur

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Just this once, Rose, Everybody lives!
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to members who have contributed to the site by creating missions within the past 6 months. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2017, 01:51:51 am »
[Deck B - Science Labs]

"=/\=Acknowledged, sir.=/\=" Mahak said, and released his finger from the comm button only to tap it again. "=/\=Ensign Jyur, report to the science lab.=/\="

The Vulcan began his investigation by poring over the collected sensor logs from the attack. The computer was still collecting information and displaying it for him.  He would wait for Jyur to make an appearance, but right now the results were none too encouraging. But he did not require encouragement, only logic and reason.

{Science Labs}

Jettis had been mostly on the Bridge during the attack - a Science Ensign wasn't much use in the action, and all he could do was try to gather information that would aid in pushing back their attackers. But they were unknown, unlogged enemies that had apparently only attacked over territory.
So when the immediate threat had died down, and he had been called elsewhere, he was almost immediate to respond. Gliding into the Science labs, he held a PADD in one hand, and a phaser in the other, just in case. Now that he had made it to his destination without incident, he tucked the phaser away safely.
"Did you need to see me, Sir?"

Offline Malcolm Adeyemi

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Champion Member
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2017, 01:11:23 pm »

{Science Labs}

Jettis had been mostly on the Bridge during the attack - a Science Ensign wasn't much use in the action, and all he could do was try to gather information that would aid in pushing back their attackers. But they were unknown, unlogged enemies that had apparently only attacked over territory.
So when the immediate threat had died down, and he had been called elsewhere, he was almost immediate to respond. Gliding into the Science labs, he held a PADD in one hand, and a phaser in the other, just in case. Now that he had made it to his destination without incident, he tucked the phaser away safely.
"Did you need to see me, Sir?"

[Science Lab]

"Yes, ensign." Mahak said. "Captain Tyvon has ordered us to find a way to detect these enemy ships. I have already began collating the data. Now we must analyze the sensor readings and find a solution."

The Vulcan gestured at the laboratory's readout station.

"These ships are emitting a strange energy reading, one that I am unfamiliar with. It serves to mask their vessels from any detection. In fact, the only reason we were able to take these readings is because apparently they cannot fire while they are invisible. Thoughts, ensign?" The Vulcan had a staccato, machine-like way of speaking, as if every word was a blunt declaration that brooked no argument.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles