Author Topic: Season 3 Episode 3 - Holiday Guests  (Read 42649 times)

Offline Aryn Corliss

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 3 Episode 3 - Holiday Guests
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2018, 04:42:26 pm »
The Stranger

"Find her. Find her. Find her."

The voices seemed to push the dreamer onward, offering a weird, twisted kind of encouragement, their whispers echoing off the walls of the corridors that she was running blindly through.

The small light grew and flickered, chasing dancing shadows into corners. The small flames waved atop their candles and as the dreamer approached, the soft candlelight would reveal a woman, sitting on a chair and waiting, beside another door. Perhaps she was stationed there to guard it. Real sunlight shone through the gaps where the door met its frame, and a tendril of golden light burst through the keyhole.

"Aryn. Have you found me?"

[Aryn's Dream]

Aryn slowed as she approached the woman, a small part of her rational mind asserting itself. Slowly, the child Aryn morphed back into an adult, though still a confused one.

Who are you? Is my mother through that door? Will you let me go to her? Some part of her, that tiny rational part, was beginning to realize that this dream wasn't like her normal ones, or what had passed for normal without memories for her subconscious to draw on. She rarely had dreams with such identifiable people, even if the woman was someone she didn't recognize.

From above, The Stranger's disembodied eyes watched Alec approach the maze. His creation was alive. It held terror, it held creatures from nightmares current and past, and it would have to be conquered.

A large, digital scoreboard materialised from thin air. Trumpets and cheers sounded as what appeared to be a floating holo-projection listed the names of all the dreamers. Some names were crossed out in a bloody red line, beside others were numbers that were changing by the second, either growing or decreasing with worrying speeds.

Almost as quickly, the applause and the big screen disappeared, and the light faded again. From within the maze a hunter changed his direction. Another howl joined the first as the other predators picked up speed.

"Enter."

The very heavens above opened then, and dumped their deluge upon all beneath.

[Alec's Dream]

Alec was also becoming aware that something wasn't right with this dream. Other than the part about looking for Aryn, the rest of this was like no other dream he'd ever had. The scoreboard was a big clue - there were names on it he recognized only from having worked in Sickbay for the last few weeks.

As he looked up, Alec caught the gaze of the giant eyes in the sky. Even when the downpour began, he kept his own eyes fixed on the malevolent gaze, blinking away the raindrops as they poured over his face.

Glaring, Alec folded his arms and responded to the spoken command, I don't think I will, actually.

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2018, 05:01:42 pm »
[Puzzles]

Lea looked up at Judy with a tired smile on her face, appreciating the comfort and the gesture of her placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. When she then asked what happened and to tell her more, again Lea felt as though she could tell her friend everything although hoped she didn't sound crazy.

" I apologise now if this sounds completely crazy, but one minute I'm dreaming as normal of the beach bungalow I own on Argellian Nine then the weather turned weird with thunder, a rough ocean followed by tornadoes chasing me up the beach " she said pausing for a moment before continuing.

" Then I went to the forest, I heard strange laughter and I knew somewhere was there but they wouldn't show themselves and instead gave me choice to either go to safety or face the predators so I called them a coward and woke up".

Even saying it out loud made it sound bizarre although she did feel better for doing so. However as Kellen approached and greeted them, she was beginning to think that she hadn't been the only one.

" Hello there Crewman, please join us ".
[Puzzles]

"Oy vey," Judy couldn't help but mutter as Lea recounted her weird dream. It was a hell of a coincidence... or maybe it wasn't one at all.

"I also had something of a nightmare," she began to tell, before Gates entered.

[NPC - Crewman Kellen Gates - Crew Quarters/Kellen's Dream]
[Puzzles]

Kellen approached the two women, spying Leanna and Judy instantly in the empty bar. "Good morning." He greeted with his usual little head bob-bow. "Mrs. Puzzles, Lieutenant Counselor."

One title, Judy could begrudgingly tolerate, but her two longest ones? That was a little much.
"Please, just call me Judy. I can't stand titles," she called him out. "Join us."

Judy then returned to retelling her weird dream.
"I was walking down to my old office at Columbia, from when I taught there back in the 70s, and then, suddenly, I found myself as the new President of the Federation. A moment later, I was assassinated. It was... jarring, to say the least."

Judy shuddered as she recalled the nightmare. Getting killed was no fun at all.

"Kellen," Judy then spoke to Gates. "Did you also have a bad dream? If you don't mind sharing, of course."
She used her most maternal, most nurturing tone to ask the question, as she sometimes found prudent to do. The way she reminded so many people of their mothers could be a very powerful tool sometimes.
Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2018, 12:08:23 pm »
[Puzzles]

Lea looked up at Judy with a tired smile on her face, appreciating the comfort and the gesture of her placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. When she then asked what happened and to tell her more, again Lea felt as though she could tell her friend everything although hoped she didn't sound crazy.

" I apologise now if this sounds completely crazy, but one minute I'm dreaming as normal of the beach bungalow I own on Argellian Nine then the weather turned weird with thunder, a rough ocean followed by tornadoes chasing me up the beach " she said pausing for a moment before continuing.

" Then I went to the forest, I heard strange laughter and I knew somewhere was there but they wouldn't show themselves and instead gave me choice to either go to safety or face the predators so I called them a coward and woke up".

Even saying it out loud made it sound bizarre although she did feel better for doing so. However as Kellen approached and greeted them, she was beginning to think that she hadn't been the only one.

" Hello there Crewman, please join us ".
[Puzzles]

"Oy vey," Judy couldn't help but mutter as Lea recounted her weird dream. It was a hell of a coincidence... or maybe it wasn't one at all.

One title, Judy could begrudgingly tolerate, but her two longest ones? That was a little much.
"Please, just call me Judy. I can't stand titles," she called him out. "Join us."

"I was walking down to my old office at Columbia, from when I taught there back in the 70s, and then, suddenly, I found myself as the new President of the Federation. A moment later, I was assassinated. It was... jarring, to say the least."

"Kellen," Judy then spoke to Gates. "Did you also have a bad dream? If you don't mind sharing, of course."
She used her most maternal, most nurturing tone to ask the question, as she sometimes found prudent to do. The way she reminded so many people of their mothers could be a very powerful tool sometimes.

[NPC - Crewman Kellen Gates - Puzzles]

Judy...

Lieutenant... Judy. Lieutenant Judy Counselor. Kellen nodded, then sat as he joined the two ladies for their very early morning chat. He steepled his fingers together, resting his wrists on the table as he listened to Judy's strange dream.

"I did have a bad dream, as it happens," he answered, his normally blank expression suddenly troubled. "I dreamed I was a small rodent in a cage, running on a wheel." He broke off for a second and looked at Mrs. Puzzles and added, "Much like what we saw in Sickbay earlier." His gaze then swept to Judy as he added, no hint of irony evident, "All of the Quiche pranks were still on my mind."

He pulled his hands apart then, and his fingers balled into fists, knuckles whitening. "It got weirder. There was a man there, just watching. I couldn't make out anything about him really, he was just a dark form. But I think he made me human again in my dream, and pushed me into this huge maze. That's when the hedges and trees started attacking me." He pushed up the sleeves of his uniform then to show his companions the marks. "I must have done this to myself in my sleep, but I can safely say nothing like this has ever happened to me before."

He shuddered very slightly, still feeling the effects of the terrors in his dream.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.'
Bio: Felicity Ellis

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2018, 12:21:36 pm »
[Puzzles]

Judy...

Lieutenant... Judy. Lieutenant Judy Counselor. Kellen nodded, then sat as he joined the two ladies for their very early morning chat. He steepled his fingers together, resting his wrists on the table as he listened to Judy's strange dream.

"I did have a bad dream, as it happens," he answered, his normally blank expression suddenly troubled. "I dreamed I was a small rodent in a cage, running on a wheel." He broke off for a second and looked at Mrs. Puzzles and added, "Much like what we saw in Sickbay earlier." His gaze then swept to Judy as he added, no hint of irony evident, "All of the Quiche pranks were still on my mind."

He pulled his hands apart then, and his fingers balled into fists, knuckles whitening. "It got weirder. There was a man there, just watching. I couldn't make out anything about him really, he was just a dark form. But I think he made me human again in my dream, and pushed me into this huge maze. That's when the hedges and trees started attacking me." He pushed up the sleeves of his uniform then to show his companions the marks. "I must have done this to myself in my sleep, but I can safely say nothing like this has ever happened to me before."

He shuddered very slightly, still feeling the effects of the terrors in his dream.

[Puzzles]

Lea listened intently as first Judy explained about her own nightmare before Kellen shared his with them both. The nightmares although very different to the one she had seemed to share one common thing and that was someone messing with them, putting them in danger and in the case of Judy had experienced their own death before waking up.

As Kellen finished and showed them the marks on his arms from where he had been attacked, Lea doubted that he had done them to himself and spoke to both him and Judy.

" I was beginning to think that it was just a one off strange nightmare but after hearing both of your experiences I'm convinced someone or something has been interfering with our dreams" she said quietly.

" This is too much of a coincidence to pass it off as anything normal especially with you experiencing your own death Judy and you being attacked Kellen and it wouldn't surprise me if the others have also been affected".

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2018, 12:32:29 pm »

Judy...

[Puzzles]

Lea listened intently as first Judy explained about her own nightmare before Kellen shared his with them both. The nightmares although very different to the one she had seemed to share one common thing and that was someone messing with them, putting them in danger and in the case of Judy had experienced their own death before waking up.

As Kellen finished and showed them the marks on his arms from where he had been attacked, Lea doubted that he had done them to himself and spoke to both him and Judy.

" I was beginning to think that it was just a one off strange nightmare but after hearing both of your experiences I'm convinced someone or something has been interfering with our dreams" she said quietly.

" This is too much of a coincidence to pass it off as anything normal especially with you experiencing your own death Judy and you being attacked Kellen and it wouldn't surprise me if the others have also been affected".
[Puzzles]

Judy inhaled sharply several times as her fellow bad dreamers spoke. This was definitely alarming and, no hyperbole intended, a danger to station security.
"This sure as hell doesn't sound like a coincidence," she assessed. "It's abnormal, it's concerning, and frankly I'd say it's either an anomaly or a malicious entity."

Judy was slowly spinning more concerned webs around her. Who knew what was at stake here? They could all be in danger, including, she dared think it, her son and her unborn grandson. She couldn't let anything happen to them, could she?

"I think the least we could do is to scan for any anomalies in or around the station, if you two wouldn't mind joining me in Ops," Judy suggested.
"After one round, that is."

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
  • Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the player with the best application.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2018, 02:04:41 pm »
Dihiq

As the song picked up, so did the dancing accompanying it. A previously unseen crowd of sharply-dressed men, their faces obstructed to Dihiq by elegant hats, performed a small pattern of carefully coordinated footwork.

A step forward. A step back. Two steps to the left, a 180-degree turn.

And so it went on for a few measures. Then, the music slowed down to an 18th-century waltz. From the mattresses emerged Judys, their pantsuits magically morphing into monochromatic, floor-length ball gowns. They waltzed, each with her own gentleman, whose ties magically transformed to match the dresses of their dancing partners.

They waltzed, and they laughed, and they moved all around Dihiq, seeming to float on the pool. The Klingon willed himself to drown.
The water seemed to fold, slowly letting him down, and then engulfing him. The water distorted his senses of sight and sound, turning the ball gowns into swirls of color, while the music turned stranger and druggier without losing the same overall melody.

Dihiq's surroundings gradually transformed into a psychedelic moonscape of sorts. Craters and hills in every color of the rainbow surrounded him, and his own body was covered by a suit whose color changed depending on which angle you looked at it from. Dihiq felt as though he was being dragged by his ridges, compelled to dance.

Dihiq moonwalked along some invisible path, stopping every few beats to turn around, moonwalk in reverse, and then turn again. He was immensely baffled, but he couldn't stop.

Soon enough, a string quartet appeared. Well, a psychedelic string quartet whose multicolored instruments sounded more like synths and loops, and whose members all looked like Judy. This was the source of the music.

Suddenly, in a burst of willpower, Dihiq charged at the quartet, intent to destroy it. He snatched a violin and broke it in twain, which failed to stop the music at all.
What it did seem to catalyze was the weirdest transformation yet. The four Judys' hair grew longer and longer, seemingly long enough to engulf Dihiq. Their heads moved closer together, transforming the four streams of hair into one. The hair slowly formed up a submersible craft, with one opening at its bow that seemed to suck in everything in sight. In came the craters, the hills, the instruments, the Judys, and finally... Dihiq himself.

For a moment, there was nothing. Only Dihiq, the door, and a strange man floating in nothingness. Then, all of a sudden, the nothingness transformed into a multicolored engine room, with four Judys (their hair separated from the hull) performing a tune.
"We all live in a yellow submarine; yellow submarine; yellow submarine," they sang in unison.
Around them, a long line of old men performed a series of rhythmic leg kicks as Dihiq was conveyed past them, each striking the Klingon as he passed by. The Klingon winced in pain every time, as he slid down the endless line, through the endless engine room, to the sound of the endless chorus.

"HELP! HELP!" he screamed, but he was powerless. "HELP!"

This led to a change of tune, but not a change in Dihiq's position.

"HELP!" he screamed.
"I need somebody," the Judys sang back.
"HELP!"
"Not just anybody."
"HELP!"

As the song continued, Dihiq just shrank and shrank.

The Stranger

This dream was a new kind of experience for him, and he watched everything. He heard it all; every note, every tap, every sweep of a kicking can-can leg. He watched the dreamer very carefully. In his experience, most dreamers had a threshold. A point when the logical parts of their minds took over, a point when they refuse and declare 'ENOUGH'. Sometimes he listened, sometimes he didn't, but he was learning that the inhabitants of the Starbase Columbus all had different breaking points.

This dreamer appeared to reach his, but while he had the power to stop his torture, he did not. He remained.

"HELP!"

There was help to be had. The door remained. The chorus continued. This one would not be marked, this one was not suitable, but nevertheless The Stranger was enjoying himself.

[Aryn's Dream]

Aryn slowed as she approached the woman, a small part of her rational mind asserting itself. Slowly, the child Aryn morphed back into an adult, though still a confused one.

Who are you? Is my mother through that door? Will you let me go to her? Some part of her, that tiny rational part, was beginning to realize that this dream wasn't like her normal ones, or what had passed for normal without memories for her subconscious to draw on. She rarely had dreams with such identifiable people, even if the woman was someone she didn't recognize.

"Perhaps your mother is through this door, or perhaps she's right here." The strange woman on the seat smiled at the now grown-up Aryn. "I will not stop you from going through the door. I cannot." A soft breeze blew through the corridor, causing the candlelight to flicker and for just a moment elongated the shadows that the woman's sharp features were casting on the walls. It gave an ominous darkness to her face, though her eyes remained bright and clear, almost luminous in the dark.

But the light coming from behind the door was lending a certain warmth, despite the chilly gust.

"Why don't you stay and visit with me for a while. We can chat about your dreams and your future."

[Alec's Dream]

Alec was also becoming aware that something wasn't right with this dream. Other than the part about looking for Aryn, the rest of this was like no other dream he'd ever had. The scoreboard was a big clue - there were names on it he recognized only from having worked in Sickbay for the last few weeks.

As he looked up, Alec caught the gaze of the giant eyes in the sky. Even when the downpour began, he kept his own eyes fixed on the malevolent gaze, blinking away the raindrops as they poured over his face.

Glaring, Alec folded his arms and responded to the spoken command, I don't think I will, actually.

Another stubborn dreamer.

The Stranger weighed this one. He may have begun his dream desperate and emotional, but it hadn't taken long for an obstinate logic to emerge and assert.

Another holo-projection began to materialise. There was much disturbance from the huge rain drops that were pelting down, but while the image had become slightly blurry, it was still possible to make out what it was showing.

Aryn, running. She was running through the very maze that Alec stood before, and she was running from two creatures. These creatures chased her on four powerful legs, large jaws snapping at her ankles as they pushed her forward, snarling, long lines of saliva and drool flying backwards from maws filled with sharp teeth.

"Enter."

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2018, 02:26:12 pm »
The Stranger

This dream was a new kind of experience for him, and he watched everything. He heard it all; every note, every tap, every sweep of a kicking can-can leg. He watched the dreamer very carefully. In his experience, most dreamers had a threshold. A point when the logical parts of their minds took over, a point when they refuse and declare 'ENOUGH'. Sometimes he listened, sometimes he didn't, but he was learning that the inhabitants of the Starbase Columbus all had different breaking points.

This dreamer appeared to reach his, but while he had the power to stop his torture, he did not. He remained.

"HELP!"

There was help to be had. The door remained. The chorus continued. This one would not be marked, this one was not suitable, but nevertheless The Stranger was enjoying himself.
Dihiq
[Yellow Submarine]

Dihiq flailed violently in pain, flinching with every kick to his chest, groin, or face. He was absolutely miserable. He saw the door, and he wanted it, but he could not get up. Instead, he found himself dancing to Judy's tune, quite literally. He twisted, he shouted, he tried and failed to buy love, he got a ticket to ride (this eternal line of pain), and now, he found himself aging. His hair grew out from a green mohawk to a laughable grey combover, as his wispy beard was replaced by silver mutton chops.
Finally, he stood up, reached for the door, and held onto the doorknob for dear life. Slowly, the submarine, the music, the old men, and the Judys disappeared, until there was only 64-year-old Dihiq, the door, and a strange man, floating in nothingness.
"Wh-who are you?" Dihiq asked. "Wh-what are you? Wh-why are you?"
"Are you? Are you? Are you?" his voice echoed back to him.

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2018, 02:27:51 pm »
[Puzzles]

[Puzzles]

Judy inhaled sharply several times as her fellow bad dreamers spoke. This was definitely alarming and, no hyperbole intended, a danger to station security.
"This sure as hell doesn't sound like a coincidence," she assessed. "It's abnormal, it's concerning, and frankly I'd say it's either an anomaly or a malicious entity."

Judy was slowly spinning more concerned webs around her. Who knew what was at stake here? They could all be in danger, including, she dared think it, her son and her unborn grandson. She couldn't let anything happen to them, could she?

"I think the least we could do is to scan for any anomalies in or around the station, if you two wouldn't mind joining me in Ops," Judy suggested.

Kellen released a breath he'd been holding since he'd finished recounting his dream. Relief rushed through him as Mrs. Puzzles and Lieutenant Judy Counselor both voiced some concerns that this was no coincidence. He had been hesitant to suggest something strange was happening on the off-chance he was just being dramatic. He was glad that he wasn't the only one who was experiencing this growing suspicion.

And even if it was nothing, Kellen was Starfleet and a medical officer. He had a duty to make sure the crew were safe.

"Yes, happily," he responded to Judy when she asked if they'd join her in Ops. "I'd also be keen to run a few medical scans on us, or anyone else that might have had a bad dream for that matter." If the three of them, unrelated and in different locations throughout the station had similar experiences, then it might stand to reason there'd be others too.

Kellen just about stopped himself from suggesting that they wake Chief Lunn. As soon as the thought fluttered into his head, he batted it right back out again. For the moment he thought the three of them could handle their investigation.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2018, 02:39:34 pm »
[Puzzles]

Kellen released a breath he'd been holding since he'd finished recounting his dream. Relief rushed through him as Mrs. Puzzles and Lieutenant Judy Counselor both voiced some concerns that this was no coincidence. He had been hesitant to suggest something strange was happening on the off-chance he was just being dramatic. He was glad that he wasn't the only one who was experiencing this growing suspicion.

And even if it was nothing, Kellen was Starfleet and a medical officer. He had a duty to make sure the crew were safe.

"Yes, happily," he responded to Judy when she asked if they'd join her in Ops. "I'd also be keen to run a few medical scans on us, or anyone else that might have had a bad dream for that matter." If the three of them, unrelated and in different locations throughout the station had similar experiences, then it might stand to reason there'd be others too.

Kellen just about stopped himself from suggesting that they wake Chief Lunn. As soon as the thought fluttered into his head, he batted it right back out again. For the moment he thought the three of them could handle their investigation.

[Puzzles]

It was reassuring to hear when Judy agreed it wasn't a coincidence and wholeheartedly believed the same as her friend that it was concerning and abnormal before she suggested that it could be an anomaly or malicious entity. To the Betazoid it sounded completely plausible and liked the idea of them going to Ops and scanning for any anomalies in and around the station.

It wouldn't be the first time that she had helped with a possible threat especially when it concerned her home, her family and friends and she would happily go to Ops with them after a round of drinks.

Kellen was also in agreement with the plan and even suggested running a medical scan on them and anyone else who had experienced a bad dream. She had a feeling he was going to suggest contacting Lunn but he seemed to change his mind which would save them a lot of hassle from Quiche.

" Good thinking Kellen and I'm definitely up for helping in Ops Judy " Lea replied " Now what would you both like to drink before we start?".

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2018, 03:02:05 pm »

[Puzzles]

It was reassuring to hear when Judy agreed it wasn't a coincidence and wholeheartedly believed the same as her friend that it was concerning and abnormal before she suggested that it could be an anomaly or malicious entity. To the Betazoid it sounded completely plausible and liked the idea of them going to Ops and scanning for any anomalies in and around the station.

It wouldn't be the first time that she had helped with a possible threat especially when it concerned her home, her family and friends and she would happily go to Ops with them after a round of drinks.

Kellen was also in agreement with the plan and even suggested running a medical scan on them and anyone else who had experienced a bad dream. She had a feeling he was going to suggest contacting Lunn but he seemed to change his mind which would save them a lot of hassle from Quiche.

" Good thinking Kellen and I'm definitely up for helping in Ops Judy " Lea replied " Now what would you both like to drink before we start?".

[Puzzles]

"It is the night shift. The more hands on deck, the better," Judy answered, thus accepting the offer of help. There was a real possibility, which she assumed was the case, that she was the ranking officer awake right now, which was both a delightful notion and a horrifying one. While she still had some part of her that lusted after power (though much less than she lusted after good pizza), she did not want to preside over a disaster.

"I'll go for an Irish Coffee," she ordered for a drink. "I think my hands are done shaking now, and I need the energy boost."
Sure enough, her tremors had settled down, back to a point where she felt caffeine wasn't going to be an issue. "And while we're here, I wouldn't mind a hard-boiled egg or some other brain food. I could make it myself, if the kitchen staff are asleep, and if you trust me not to light the place on fire."
Judy chuckled at the final joke she'd made. She was a skilled and experienced cook, more than confident enough in her culinary talents to crack a self-deprecating joke or two about them.

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2018, 03:33:05 pm »
[Puzzles]

[Puzzles]

"It is the night shift. The more hands on deck, the better," Judy answered, thus accepting the offer of help. There was a real possibility, which she assumed was the case, that she was the ranking officer awake right now, which was both a delightful notion and a horrifying one. While she still had some part of her that lusted after power (though much less than she lusted after good pizza), she did not want to preside over a disaster.

"I'll go for an Irish Coffee," she ordered for a drink. "I think my hands are done shaking now, and I need the energy boost."
Sure enough, her tremors had settled down, back to a point where she felt caffeine wasn't going to be an issue. "And while we're here, I wouldn't mind a hard-boiled egg or some other brain food. I could make it myself, if the kitchen staff are asleep, and if you trust me not to light the place on fire."
Judy chuckled at the final joke she'd made. She was a skilled and experienced cook, more than confident enough in her culinary talents to crack a self-deprecating joke or two about them.

The crewman immediately began mentally cataloging all of the different scans he would perform on his willing patients. He had a lot of questions, and he hoped that the scans from Ops could shed some light on the subject. But for now, he had nourishment to consider. He nodded his head in approval when both ladies spoke about ordering.

They had depleted energy from a lack of completed sleep-cycle, and therefore they would need a boost to help their minds sharpen and focus for their investigation. Looking after the mind and the body always came first, as far as Kellen Gates was concerned.

"I would like a hot chocolate, please. With six marshmallows and whipped cream."

He perked up a little at Judy's mention of a boiled egg. Kellen did love a boiled egg, and some sliced, buttered bread for dipping. 'Soldiers' his granny used to call them. "Could I have one too? If it's not too much trouble." He asked, before turning a hopeful face to address the table. "Eggs are a protein and nutrient powerhouse! They're naturally packed with everything we'd need to kick-start our morning and they contain a complete range of amino acids, not to mention vitamin D, zinc, calcium and all of the B vitamins, too."

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2018, 04:08:56 pm »
[Puzzles]

The crewman immediately began mentally cataloging all of the different scans he would perform on his willing patients. He had a lot of questions, and he hoped that the scans from Ops could shed some light on the subject. But for now, he had nourishment to consider. He nodded his head in approval when both ladies spoke about ordering.

They had depleted energy from a lack of completed sleep-cycle, and therefore they would need a boost to help their minds sharpen and focus for their investigation. Looking after the mind and the body always came first, as far as Kellen Gates was concerned.

"I would like a hot chocolate, please. With six marshmallows and whipped cream."

He perked up a little at Judy's mention of a boiled egg. Kellen did love a boiled egg, and some sliced, buttered bread for dipping. 'Soldiers' his granny used to call them. "Could I have one too? If it's not too much trouble." He asked, before turning a hopeful face to address the table. "Eggs are a protein and nutrient powerhouse! They're naturally packed with everything we'd need to kick-start our morning and they contain a complete range of amino acids, not to mention vitamin D, zinc, calcium and all of the B vitamins, too."

[Puzzles]

Lea understood what Judy meant with it being the nightshift and didn't think that there would be too many people in Ops at this time of the day so it made even more sense for them all to go. Then being who she was she listened as they both gave their drinks orders, committing them to memory as both Judy and Kellen requested a boiled egg and had no problem with Judy using the kitchen. She also thought it was sweet with the nutritional information that Kellen added after his request.

" I'm happy for you to use the Kitchen, Judy, in fact an omelette sounds good about now so how about I get us the drinks then we can sit at one of the tables nearest the Kitchen if you want a hand with anything ".

Lea liked the idea of drinks and food before they headed to Ops and in fact decided that she would switch to coffee after finishing the whiskey.

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2018, 04:32:13 pm »

[Puzzles]

There was something adorable about Kellen nerding out about eggs. Normally, a pre-caffeinated Judy would've found it annoying, but she was energized enough not to let the negativity come out at him.
"They're also horrible for my cholesterol, but they do taste good," she remarked. "I can make you one, for sure."
[Puzzles]

Lea understood what Judy meant with it being the nightshift and didn't think that there would be too many people in Ops at this time of the day so it made even more sense for them all to go. Then being who she was she listened as they both gave their drinks orders, committing them to memory as both Judy and Kellen requested a boiled egg and had no problem with Judy using the kitchen. She also thought it was sweet with the nutritional information that Kellen added after his request.

" I'm happy for you to use the Kitchen, Judy, in fact an omelette sounds good about now so how about I get us the drinks then we can sit at one of the tables nearest the Kitchen if you want a hand with anything ".

Lea liked the idea of drinks and food before they headed to Ops and in fact decided that she would switch to coffee after finishing the whiskey.
"So, we've got one hardboiled egg for the handsome young man, and one omelette for the lovely young lady," Judy said, in a manner that gave it away as a waiter impression by someone too upper-crusty to have ever waited tables.

Judy went to the kitchen, put on an apron, and got to work. She started by boiling two eggs in a pot, then turned her focus to the omelette. As Lea struck Judy as a woman who cared more about eating tasty food than about having an hourglass figure, the chef went perhaps a little overboard with this one. She added a touch of shredded mozzarella to the eggs as they cooked, and folded the completed omelette around a filling of cheese, ham, mushrooms, and an assortment of delicious veggies.

This made her realize that Kellen's egg was rather plain by comparison, and needed a little extra attention to it. Judy, being Judy, went with more than just a little. She broke out the mayo, mustard, relish, salt, and pepper, and transformed them into deviled eggs. Perfect!

After giving the pot and frying pan a nice wash, and putting all the ingredients away (she knew to respect other people's kitchens), Judy emerged bearing their breakfasts. Her apron was still tied on, making her look even more motherly than her usual.
"Here we go," she said as she presented her work with pride. To her, cooking wasn't just food - it was art.

Offline Felicity Ellis

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Cap'n Mum
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2018, 10:22:17 pm »
[Puzzles]

[Puzzles]

There was something adorable about Kellen nerding out about eggs. Normally, a pre-caffeinated Judy would've found it annoying, but she was energized enough not to let the negativity come out at him.
"They're also horrible for my cholesterol, but they do taste good," she remarked. "I can make you one, for sure.""So, we've got one hardboiled egg for the handsome young man, and one omelette for the lovely young lady," Judy said, in a manner that gave it away as a waiter impression by someone too upper-crusty to have ever waited tables.

Judy went to the kitchen, put on an apron, and got to work. She started by boiling two eggs in a pot, then turned her focus to the omelette. As Lea struck Judy as a woman who cared more about eating tasty food than about having an hourglass figure, the chef went perhaps a little overboard with this one. She added a touch of shredded mozzarella to the eggs as they cooked, and folded the completed omelette around a filling of cheese, ham, mushrooms, and an assortment of delicious veggies.

This made her realize that Kellen's egg was rather plain by comparison, and needed a little extra attention to it. Judy, being Judy, went with more than just a little. She broke out the mayo, mustard, relish, salt, and pepper, and transformed them into deviled eggs. Perfect!

After giving the pot and frying pan a nice wash, and putting all the ingredients away (she knew to respect other people's kitchens), Judy emerged bearing their breakfasts. Her apron was still tied on, making her look even more motherly than her usual.
"Here we go," she said as she presented her work with pride. To her, cooking wasn't just food - it was art.

Kellen certainly had to concede the point about cholesterol to Judy, and he hoped she was taking suitable care of herself. Counselors who would cook boiled eggs for him were in short supply on the station.

"Thank you!" He replied, though there was a bit of a blush on his cheeks as the order was repeated. It wasn't often he was referred to as 'handsome', at least, not by anyone who wasn't family. He knew she was being nice, but that didn't mean it he wasn't just a little fazed.

While Lieutenant Judy was in the kitchen, he followed Mrs. Puzzles suggestion to move tables while she prepared their drinks order. He attempted to make small talk throughout, though Kellen wasn't really very good at that. "I hope you are getting your B vitamins, Mrs. Puzzles. They are really very important you know. They have a direct impact on your energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism."

The fact that he was trying meant that he was thinking quite highly of the company he was keeping that morning. But when it came to conversation with Mrs. Puzzles, Kellen always had a fallback.

"How is Seamus doing?" He was still a big fan of Second-in-Command Seamus, and the two hadn't yet managed to go for pints, though they'd discussed it multiple times.

When Judy appeared with their breakfasts Kellen received his with all the eagerness of someone who'd been stuck on rations for a week. He peered at the deviled eggs and picked up his fork, tongue poking out the side of his mouth as he stared. His eyes had already eaten the breakfast before a morsel came anywhere near his mouth. "Excellent."

Offline Volskene

• Approved Applicants
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2018, 11:05:20 pm »
[Deck 176]

No sooner had the doors of the turbolift whooshed open than the bulky form of a Tholian burst forth and galloped into the hallway. The lengthy corridor consisted of seemingly featureless doors which bordered both sides of the passage. Volskene needed to find the correct dwelling... unfortunately, he did not know his contact by any moniker other than "Primary Medical Ruling Castemember", which was unlikely to be what was engraved on the doors to the correct quarters... Once again, he requested the computer's input.

"What is the designation of the Primary Medical Ruling Castemember's quarters?", Volskene asked impatiently. The computer gave its response, and Volskene furiously pranced to the correct room. Stopping quickly before the door, the Tholian first attempted to use the chime to attempt to rouse the Primary Medical Ruling Castemember from her dormancy.

Beep. Nothing. Volskene pressed it again. And again there was no response. The Tholian jammed the button harder with his claw, in the vain hope it would ring louder. Still nothing.

He was getting impatient, now, pink and red thoughtcolours swirling furiously as he began tapping the door with one limb, progressing to knocks, and then slams. She would awaken.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles