S2 - M9B - Lod Qan - Fruit of the Poisoned Tree

Started by Solluk, August 14, 2020, 08:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

[Tholian Airlock]

Zex had spent much of her time since their escape worrying about Eydis.  She was heart-broken when she learned of the Tholian's condition.   Since learning of it, though, he had been in constant contact with the Tholian ship.  Getting updates as often as possible.

It, of course, had pulled her focus off of her own issues.  The guilt still existed for taking a life.  But she was ignoring it until they got back to base.

So when Solluk asked for volunteers to go planet side, Zex had raised her hand.   Now she was in a bulk evo suite with the other volunteers.  "and non-Deltan eating plants as well please.  I have had enough battle to last me a life time" she added to Falleg's comment.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Eydis

[Tholian widow Airlock ] There was silence and since the combat ended the warrior had retreat with the science caste member onto their ship. Only a few times during those four days would the warrior caste member alone come aboard to render assistance. Even more curious the tholians and retrieved both of the highly charged torpedo warheads.

=/\=We honor your request to come aboard the widow. Fellow warrior caste members of the Klingon and federation
And with that short reply the airlock to the widow was opened. Once inside of the small fighter/shuttle they would be greater by a unfamiliar sight to almost all, the interior of the widow mirrored its larger counterpart. With only one center U shaped console and two small consoles on either wall. The warrior caste member Skaldyr looked down from the main console above the airlock at those boarding the interior

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0tswXFDWsyg for a interior look of tholian cruiser.

The science officer would emerge from a door at the rear of the main room. Revealing briefly a glimpse of what seemed like a molten vat of liquid with something dark inside of it. The melted enivorment suit of Eydis and several of the horrible machines parts and pieces were piled atop of a small table.

The science officer would bow as the door slides closed "œ Welcome I'm Heilung science caste member of the Acrux. We are ready to finish the mission. As well during the past four days I have finished my work. If the entity is several wounded and stranded planet side it might not be safe for any being to approach within a certain distance least the entity perhaps unwittingly consumes the life form. We should make a landing a relatively safe distance from the main body of the entity.

Don Damien Addams

Fifteen good Klingon Warriors died fighting the Gregari. Each was a great warrior and had the honor death cry. They had left the bodies to space. Klingons belief the body was just container to hold the warrior's spirit in the flesh.

Kal had the EVA suit as they were meeting at the Tholian window lock. The Tholian ship was impressive indeed. Not like what you expected.

He had his Bat'leth with him. He was not complain of the numb pain he grew to ignore like every other wound. There was not much to say. He was still angry that he had not died among the fifteen greatest Klingons in his life. They where a legend and the crew of the tLhoell.

He had waited for the departure to help the wounded creature. That what they where here for. He was far from like Captain Solluk he would welcome the Gregarians attempt to come back. That would be senseless. They could possible come face to face when they were prepare for Gregarians.

The situation was much different then Starfleet. If he had a crew of Starfleet officers he would feel guilty for those crew members died under his orders and the Captain. But those where Klingons. Proud warriors who had courage to take one an army of enemy by themself if they must. They will be remembered for sure. Inspiration for him to keep being the great warrior he want to achieve. Well much as he could cause he was Starfleet officer and not Klingon.

Rayek trLhoell

Rayek sogh
[Gregari Space - Orbit over unnamed planet -  Lod Qan - Tholian Airlock  - day 13]

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on October 08, 2020, 11:05:29 AM

NPC Ensign Roberto Padrini (Medical)
[Tholian Airlock]

Roberto glanced at Rayek as he picked up his helmet, the suit making his every movement feeling very cumbersome. The doctor's mood was not the best since the Gregari attack. Many lives had been lost. Of course nobody was immortal, but in times of modern medicine casualties could be kept to a minimum. But there probably had been various aspects that had contributed to the high loss of life. Their enemy had been very aggressive and at least the Klingons among the crew had not been very careful to safe their own lives - no, their rather had willingly accepted their death. Even the best doctor and most modern technology was helpless against that. Another factor was the lack of equipment on the old Klingon ship. The possibilities had been limited from the start.

While knowing all that, Roberto still felt down. That he once more was in a team with the Romulan didn't help his grumpyness. The participation was voluntary, but Roberto knew he should be there and try to help saving the Crystalline Entity if possible.

With a sigh, Roberto put on his helmet and waited for them to be ready to go.

Seeing that Padrini had finally put on his helmet, Rayek moved forward and double checked that the seal with secure.  It would 'truly be a terrible loss' if the man were to surcome to the environmental conditions within the Tholian ship; just terrible.  Yet while Rayek might fantasize about Roberto's painful demise, the man's safety was his responsibility.  So Rayek did a thorough check, before giving the doctor a 'thumbs up'.
Quote from: Hrafn Falleg on October 08, 2020, 02:36:39 PM

[Tholian Airlock]

Hrafn had recovered, it transpired that the bat'leth she'd been using was standard issue and since the weapons locker on the bridge had been open it had fallen from there, or been torn out with the intention of using and dropped, rather than been in the hands of one of their Klingon allies.  She didn't know if she felt better about that or not, given that so few of them had made it.

She had been revived and now... she was volunteering for another part of the mission.  She must be mad, but her loyalty to Captain Solluk was unshakeable.  The CSO didn't need to prove herself to him, she'd done that countless time, but she hadn't come so far and seen so many die to back out now.

Giving a look to Rayek while she put her suit on, she winked.  "You know, any more of me doing these sort of missions and Nevir is going to issue a reciprocal 'order'.  I think I've told you about the joke order we have between us, which as a Captain his XO should be able to get him to keep more often... doesn't work of course, it's Nevir.  We call it 'WONO' for short - Wifely Order Number One.  Basically, he doesn't put himself in the line of danger by volunteering for suicide missions unless there is absolutely no other way to do things.  I won't make him not do his duty within Starfleet, but there's the Picard way to do things and the Kirk way if you get my meaning!"

She rolled her neck and smiled. "Don't worry don't intend getting myself hurt, and I hope there aren't any Trill-eating plants wanting me for a snack!" she added grinning.

Rayek glanced over to Hrafn at her explanation about WONO.  Given the Trill's reckless action of engaging the invading Gregari with naught but a bat'leth, he agreed that Tekin might want to draft a HONO to keep his wife more mindful of her own safety.  He would have said that he didn't need such an order for himself but recognized that he'd put his own life in danger when he'd reacted to Hrafn's faint.  He'd glossed over his heroics in his report, hoping that when Tess had opportunity to read it she wouldn't read too much into it.  The pregnancy he found had made her overly emotional and insecure and he had no desire to add fuel to a smoldering ember.
Quote from: Zex on October 08, 2020, 06:04:05 PM

[Tholian Airlock]

Zex had spent much of her time since their escape worrying about Eydis.  She was heart-broken when she learned of the Tholian's condition.   Since learning of it, though, he had been in constant contact with the Tholian ship.  Getting updates as often as possible.

It, of course, had pulled her focus off of her own issues.  The guilt still existed for taking a life.  But she was ignoring it until they got back to base.

So when Solluk asked for volunteers to go planet side, Zex had raised her hand.   Now she was in a bulk evo suite with the other volunteers.  "and non-Deltan eating plants as well please.  I have had enough battle to last me a life time" she added to Falleg's comment.

Hrafn's joking comment about hoping for no Trill-eating planets, was agreed and expanded on by Zex.   Rayek smirked.   He'd read the report about the incident on chu' ghoS VII.

"No guarantees about that ladies. But you can rest assured Kal and I will be alert for that and other dangers."

Once everyone else was suited up, Rayek put on his own his helmet.

Rayek sogh
[Once everyone was suited up...  LoD Qan/Tholian Airlock >>> Tholian ship]
Quote from: Eydis on October 09, 2020, 12:19:47 AM

[Tholian widow Airlock ] There was silence and since the combat ended the warrior had retreat with the science caste member onto their ship. Only a few times during those four days would the warrior caste member alone come aboard to render assistance. Even more curious the tholians and retrieved both of the highly charged torpedo warheads.

=/\=We honor your request to come aboard the widow. Fellow warrior caste members of the Klingon and federation
And with that short reply the airlock to the widow was opened. Once inside of the small fighter/shuttle they would be greater by a unfamiliar sight to almost all, the interior of the widow mirrored its larger counterpart. With only one center U shaped console and two small consoles on either wall. The warrior caste member Skaldyr looked down from the main console above the airlock at those boarding the interior

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0tswXFDWsyg for a interior look of tholian cruiser.

The science officer would emerge from a door at the rear of the main room. Revealing briefly a glimpse of what seemed like a molten vat of liquid with something dark inside of it. The melted enviroment suit of Eydis and several of the horrible machines parts and pieces were piled atop of a small table.

The science officer would bow as the door slides closed "œ Welcome I'm Heilung science caste member of the Acrux. We are ready to finish the mission. As well during the past four days I have finished my work. If the entity is several wounded and stranded planet side it might not be safe for any being to approach within a certain distance least the entity perhaps unwittingly consumes the life form. We should make a landing a relatively safe distance from the main body of the entity.

Rayek nodded to Kal to lead the way in, while he took up the rear of the group ensuring the LoD Qan's airlock door sealed securely behind him.

The Tholian ship interior was nothing like he'd ever seen before... mainly because the ship had no real 'floor'.  The Tholians were capable of utilizing any surface to navigate... so it was novel to see consoles on what real viewed as the ceiling and walls.

He heard the formal greeting by the science caste member and moved up from the back to stand beside their groups Diplomatic personnel.

Through his suit's mic and speaker Rayek answered while offering a slight bow towards the Tholian.  "I am Lt Commander tr'Lhoell.... Rayek sogh among the Klingons. I will be leading my team during this mission.  With me are: Hrafn lagh - sciences, Roberto ne' - medical, Kal ne' - warrior, and Zex ne' - whom the Ambassador was closest with - our diplomatic representative."

Rayek had gestured towards each team member as he spoke their name and title.  He introduced them by their Klingon ranks so that there would be no confusion as to what name to use to activate the comms.

Heilung's warning that it may not be safe was acknowledged with a nod,  "We appreciate your forewarning but we are already aware of the risks and prepared to go regardless.  If there is nothing else.." Rayek glanced to Zex as their expert on Tholian diplomacy.  "We are good to go."

As the Tholian ship prepared to be detached from the LoD Qan, Rayek inquired as to where he and his team should stand?  And stand they would have to.  Eydis had mentioned that hir ships didn't have seats and it was true.

Standing where directed to, Rayek watched the activity on the ship as it was released from the LoD Qan and started towards the planet.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Tess tLhoell

NPC Ensign Roberto Padrini (Medical)
[LoD Qan - Tholian Airlock >>> Tholian ship]

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on October 09, 2020, 05:17:16 AM

Rayek sogh
[Gregari Space - Orbit over unnamed planet -  Lod Qan - Tholian Airlock  - day 13]

Seeing that Padrini had finally put on his helmet, Rayek moved forward and double checked that the seal with secure.  It would 'truly be a terrible loss' if the man were to surcome to the environmental conditions within the Tholian ship; just terrible.  Yet while Rayek might fantasize about Roberto's painful demise, the man's safety was his responsibility.  So Rayek did a thorough check, before giving the doctor a 'thumbs up'.

Rayek glanced over to Hrafn at her explanation about WONO.  Given the Trill's reckless action of engaging the invading Gregari with naught but a bat'leth, he agreed that Tekin might want to draft a HONO to keep his wife more mindful of her own safety.  He would have said that he didn't need such an order for himself but recognized that he'd put his own life in danger when he'd reacted to Hrafn's faint.  He'd glossed over his heroics in his report, hoping that when Tess had opportunity to read it she wouldn't read too much into it.  The pregnancy he found had made her overly emotional and insecure and he had no desire to add fuel to a smoldering ember.

Hrafn's joking comment about hoping for no Trill-eating planets, was agreed and expanded on by Zex.   Rayek smirked.   He'd read the report about the incident on chu' ghoS VII.

"No guarantees about that ladies. But you can rest assured Kal and I will be alert for that and other dangers."

When Rayek moved towards him and looked at something on his EV suit, Roberto gave Rayek an irritated glare, only at last second resisting the impulse to take a step away from him. While he would put it past Rayek to really sabotage his EV suit, he didn't want to have the Romulan near him. Especially not in the grumpy state that he was in. So, when Rayek gave him a 'thumbs up', Roberto turned away from the Commander while he was chatting with Hrafn and Zex to check the seal for himself once more.

Shouldering his portable medkit he finally stepped on the Tholian ship with the others.

Rayek sogh

Rayek nodded to Kal to lead the way in, while he took up the rear of the group ensuring the LoD Qan's airlock door sealed securely behind him.

The Tholian ship interior was nothing like he'd ever seen before... mainly because the ship had no real 'floor'.  The Tholians were capable of utilizing any surface to navigate... so it was novel to see consoles on what real viewed as the ceiling and walls.

He heard the formal greeting by the science caste member and moved up from the back to stand beside their groups Diplomatic personnel.

Through his suit's mic and speaker Rayek answered while offering a slight bow towards the Tholian.  "I am Lt Commander tr'Lhoell.... Rayek sogh among the Klingons. I will be leading my team during this mission.  With me are: Hrafn lagh - sciences, Roberto ne' - medical, Kal ne' - warrior, and Zex ne' - whom the Ambassador was closest with - our diplomatic representative."

Rayek had gestured towards each team member as he spoke their name and title.  He introduced them by their Klingon ranks so that there would be no confusion as to what name to use to activate the comms.

Heilung's warning that it may not be safe was acknowledged with a nod,  "We appreciate your forewarning but we are already aware of the risks and prepared to go regardless.  If there is nothing else.." Rayek glanced to Zex as their expert on Tholian diplomacy.  "We are good to go."

As the Tholian ship prepared to be detached from the LoD Qan, Rayek inquired as to where he and his team should stand?  And stand they would have to.  Eydis had mentioned that hir ships didn't have seats and it was true.

Standing where directed to, Rayek watched the activity on the ship as it was released from the LoD Qan and started towards the planet.

Roberto took a moment to look around. He'd never seen a Tholian ship before. It was different from anything he'd seen so far and he kept himself in the background while Rayek spoke to the member of the warrior caste.

When directed to stand and wait Roberto did so, trying to focus on recalling what he had studied about the Crystalline Entity and how he might help it best.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Kirok

"That is comforting" Zex said sincerely.  She had every confidence in Rayek and Kal.  She stepped in line behind Kal as they entered the ship.

Rayek asked if there was anything else.  "Yes" Zex said, stepping forward. "Can you tell us how Eydis is doing?  Is there anything we can do to help while we are here?" she asked.

Eydis

Quote from: Zex on October 09, 2020, 06:41:17 PM

"That is comforting" Zex said sincerely.  She had every confidence in Rayek and Kal.  She stepped in line behind Kal as they entered the ship.

Rayek asked if there was anything else.  "Yes" Zex said, stepping forward. "Can you tell us how Eydis is doing?  Is there anything we can do to help while we are here?" she asked.

Skaldyr would look over at Heilung as they apoke over the lattice. "œOffspring of Loskene youngest captain of the acrux warrior caste member Eydis will see the crystalline entity. Hir first and only mission on behalf of the assembly will be a success. Thanks to all of the bravery displayed by our allies. The commander had wished to convey hir gratitude  for your skill and friendship Zex the deltan. And it was hir wish you should pilot the widow to tholian space if hir demise is at hand. And gaze upon our homeworld. Hir Verse in the song of our planet and our people shall have all the names of those involved. You will stand before the council of elders on hir behalf The warrior Would bow and then gesture to the console that was responsible for piloting. It was thankful on the surface that the group was on.
Heilung would scuttle over to the wall above and to the left of the group. A holographic Orba would rise from the console and enclose the Heilung's hands. He was already transmitting a parental message over the widows special lattice project one tune for the crystalline entity. It was similar to a common lullaby for the three parents to sing to their offspring.

Don Damien Addams

Kal could understand the discomfort for the fellow crew who were not Klingon to stand on the Tholian ship. He was not a complainer and he would reckon sitting in these EVA suits will be hard to get up.

He had waited for the ship to land so he was able to take point. He will be serious and protect those who are behind him. He had listened to what anyone had to say. He had try to use their communication from thinking of the great Warriors who had died in the great battle of Gregarian. Their names would be remembered.

Kirok

Tholian ship

Zex touched her heart.  It seemed that Eydis would not make it.  "Hir sacrifice may have saved us all.  I will be happy to celebrate hir life on your home world" she replied.

Then she turned to Reyek.  He was in charge, so she diferred to him.  "CSO Falleg and I toured this ship with her children.  So I know how to fly her.  And Falleg knows how to work several of the instruments" she said.

Hrafn Falleg

Quote from: Zex on October 08, 2020, 06:04:05 PM

[Tholian Airlock]

Rayek sogh

Rayek sogh

[Tholian Airlock]

Hrafn grinned at Zex through her helmet and nodded.  "I agree, shall we say non-carnivorous and hope that covers anyone we hold dear?!" she said the laughter audible in her reply.

When Padrini was finally suited up she gave a reassuring smile to him given that she was now fully in 'Mother Hen' mode and looking out for her fellow crew members and allies.

"Knowing Rayek and Kal are with us makes things a lot better, having had them by my side frequently in the case of the Commander and recently with Kal.  You're not exactly someone I would want to face if you weren't my ally Zex.  I prefer not to battle but I'm pretty sure you'd fight to the death for any one of us, same with Ambassador Eydis, and Ensign Padrini."

Quote from: Zex on October 09, 2020, 06:41:17 PM

Quote from: Eydis on October 09, 2020, 08:23:09 PM

Skaldyr would look over at Heilung as they apoke over the lattice. "œOffspring of Loskene youngest captain of the acrux warrior caste member Eydis will see the crystalline entity. Hir first and only mission on behalf of the assembly will be a success. Thanks to all of the bravery displayed by our allies. The commander had wished to convey hir gratitude  for your skill and friendship Zex the deltan. And it was hir wish you should pilot the widow to tholian space if hir demise is at hand. And gaze upon our homeworld. Hir Verse in the song of our planet and our people shall have all the names of those involved. You will stand before the council of elders on hir behalf The warrior Would bow and then gesture to the console that was responsible for piloting. It was thankful on the surface that the group was on.

Heilung would scuttle over to the wall above and to the left of the group. A holographic Orba would rise from the console and enclose the Heilung's hands. He was already transmitting a parental message over the widows special lattice project one tune for the crystalline entity. It was similar to a common lullaby for the three parents to sing to their offspring.
Quote from: Zex on October 10, 2020, 09:09:32 AM

Tholian ship

Zex touched her heart.  It seemed that Eydis would not make it.  "Hir sacrifice may have saved us all.  I will be happy to celebrate hir life on your home world" she replied.

Then she turned to Reyek.  He was in charge, so she diferred to him.  "CSO Falleg and I toured this ship with her children.  So I know how to fly her.  And Falleg knows how to work several of the instruments" she said.

Hrafn inclined her head and smiled.  "Indeed it was an honour bestowed upon myself and my offspring that Eydis of Tholia permitted us to have a tour of the Widow.  My children still speak of it with awe and wonder.  Should you require me to take any of the consoles I would be happy to help!" she added with a touch of humility.  To be trusted by the Tholians was wonderous to her.

"Oh and Zex, remind me when we get home, I still have the twins report to show you and then we can submit it to HoD... erm Captain Solluk and then the Academy!  They're dying to find out what Auntie Zex and Honourable Auntie Ambassador Eydis think of it... I'm sure you can convert it to some format where the Ambassador can read it."

The CSO stepped closer to Zex and added in a hissed whisper.  "I refuse to accept that we might lose hir.  I don't want to think about losing any more friends and shi is alive at the moment so I'm speaking in present tense, I don't have a crystal ball, we only have a Crystal Entity!"

"Yes, the spots DO go all the way down.  No, you don't get to see!"

Solluk

The planet's surface, 5 kilometers from the Crystalline Entity

With everyone aboard who was coming aboard, the Tholian attack ship detached from the Lod Qan and passed through the gravitic barrier of the cloaking device with only the slightest of turbulence.  It descended into the atmosphere of the planet below, sending out signals along the lattice, hoping to announce intentions of peace and friendship to the wounded entity.

In response, the Tholians felt a dim acknowledgement, but no coherent reply.

The Tholian attack ship set down onto the surface of the planet about 5 kilometers from the Crystalline Entity, and the disembarkation ramp yawned open, allowing the combined crews to exit onto the planet's surface.

Even at 5 kilometers of distance, the Crystalline Entity seemed impossibly huge, like a skyscraper mounted upon a forested ridge.  Yet this was no native edifice of the terrain.  Even at this distance, things were becoming apparent on scanners.

The Entity had crashed here after falling from orbit.  It must have been a powered crash, else surely the entity would have been utterly obliterated upon impact.  But even so, micro-fractures and fissures throughout the body of the Entity were apparent.  Energy arced or seeped from these fissures, like blood from innumerable wounds.  The Entity glowed brightly with the light of this bleeding energy.

Sensors, be they from the Tholian ship or from handheld tricorders, would also be able to tell that the energy produced internally by the creature was slightly less than the energy being bled away.  If this persisted, its internal energy reserves would surely be depleted, and it would presumably then 'bleed to death.'

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Rayek trLhoell

Rayek sogh
[Tholian ship]

Zex's request to pilot the Tholian ship at present during the mission seemed at odds with the Ambassador's dying wish for Zex to fly the ship to hir homeplanet.    "Ensign, of course, you'll be permitted leave time to fly to Tholia afterward to honor the Ambassador's request if that is your wish but for this mission - its' best that an experienced pilot takes us down to the planet."

Rayek looked towards Heilung. "Take us the planet.  We have a Crystalline Entity to save."

Quote from: Solluk on October 10, 2020, 12:26:37 PM

The planet's surface, 5 kilometers from the Crystalline Entity

With everyone aboard who was coming aboard, the Tholian attack ship detached from the Lod Qan and passed through the gravitic barrier of the cloaking device with only the slightest of turbulence.  It descended into the atmosphere of the planet below, sending out signals along the lattice, hoping to announce intentions of peace and friendship to the entity on the planet below.

In response, the Tholians felt a dim acknowledgement, but no coherent reply.

The Tholian attack ship set down onto the surface of the planet about 5 kilometers from the Crystalline Entity, and the disembarkation ramp yawned open, allowing the combined crews to exit onto the planet's surface.

Even at 5 kilometers of distance, the Crystalline Entity seemed impossibly huge, like a skyscraper mounted upon a forested ridge.  Yet this was no natural edifice of the terrain.  Even at this distance, things were becoming apparent on scanners.

The Entity had crashed here after falling from orbit.  It must have been a powered crash, else surely the entity would have been utterly obliterated upon impact.  But even so, micro-fractures and fissures throughout the body of the Entity were apparent.  Energy arced or seeped from these fissures, like blood from innumerable wounds.  The Entity glowed brightly with the light of this bleeding energy.

Sensors, be they from the Tholian ship or from handheld tricorders, would also be able to tell that the energy produced internally by the creature was slightly less than the energy being bled away.  If this persisted, its internal energy reserves would surely be depleted, and it would presumably then 'bleed to death.'

[On route to the planet >>> planetside]

As the Tholian ship flew towards the planet, Rayek requested scans be taken of the planet.   Readings showed no fauna within the 5 km radius of the Crystalline Entity giving some validty to the Tholian's earlier concern.  Given this, the ship was landed at that 5 km outer radius.

As the team prepared to disembark the ship, Rayek turned to Lieutenant Falleg. "Hrafn lagh' can you determine what has happened to the local fauna? Were they driven away from the area or 'consumed' by the Crystralline Entity?"  Rayek needed to know whether or not he and his team could proceed further... and if their EV suits would provide any protection whatsoever.

While Hrafn ran whatever scans might be needed to answer his question, Rayek looked to Kal.   "Scans show that at this distance there are several large fauna - potentially predatory.  Keep alert."

He then looked to the Zex and spoke quietly.  His preference would be to talk to the Tholians directly but then he had no diplomatic training, nor any rapport with them.  This was best left to Zex.  "Find out from our Tholian hosts what they intend to do next.   Have they made contact yet?  Will the Entity allow us to offer aid?"

Because the planet was an M-class if the Tholians needed to get closer they would need to suit up. 

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kirok

[Tholian Airlock]

Zex smiled when Falleg indicted trust in her in battle.  She, though, was still uncomfortable with the idea at the moment.  "I have my weapon with me" she said nonetheless.

"I can't wait to see the reports.  And I do hope that Eydis survives.  Maybe our prays will be answered in that regard" she said.

[Tholian Ship]

"Of course, Sir" Zex said to Rayek.  Though she had some familiarity with the ship and instrumentation, she did not want to make a mistake and crash them into the planet.  So she stepped back in line.

[Planet]

Zex was in complete awe of the entity.  Seeing one 'face to face' made her feel like a fly in comparison to a giant.  To see it 'in pain', helpless, dying pulled at her heart and made her think of Eydis.

"Can crystals fracture be mended?" the Deltan asked a loud.  "Skin can be stitched together.  Metal can be sawdered together.  Would the same concept work on the entity to stopped the energy from leaving?" she asked. 

Eydis

[Tholian widow] Heilung would nod briefly move his digits inside of the holographic orbs put up by the console. The widow had remarkable remained untouched by the previous battles for whatever reason. It took only minutes the small tholian shape handled nimbly and seemingly slowed little when it made contact with the planets atmosphere.

Once they had landed at the predetermined location. Heilung would step away from the console to head to doorway that Eydis was behind. The door would close as his approached the molten liquid vat. Skaldyr would begin to don a blacken tholian combat suit. The pieces would open up and wrap themselves around the tholian in sections. Soon the door would open with Heilung supporting Eydis via a arm around his neck. The evo suit hiding hir condition for now. But there was no movement from hir.

We will need both of the charged warheads. And upon discharging the first one, it will provide the energy needed for the entity to stabilize itself and begin to regrow its body. The second one will be need to give it some energy after that process has started. As the first warhead will not be enough to both sustain the the entity and allow it to heal itself. We believe it will then be able to lift off the planet and create a stable wormhole to travel through. Once will be all be risked. In such a precarious state even a entity as young as this one. Will certainly not be able to create two wormholes. Avoid coming into direct contact with any substance or part of the entity. Even large and small shards separated from the main body will attempt to recover energy from any source it comes into contact with Skaldyr would explain and then turn to head towards the airlock at the enivorment outside of the widow. Dust and small particles still lay heavy in the air thrown up from the impact and kept aloft by the winds.

Catherine Goodspeed

IKS Lod Qan - Crew Mess Hall

It had been about 3 hours since the Engineering shift change and the relieved team sat silently round one of the mess hall tables and waited.

Warp core specialists Harl'on and K'ahk came bearing trays of pitchers of blood wine, cold earth lager, a pitcher of fancy Earth cocktail that smelt of Earth tropical beaches and platters of cold sliced meats, pickles, bread and a rancid Targ butter.

In silence the 2 hunkering male Klingons laid down the trays and settled in the spare seats.

Everyone took their drink.

They stared at their drink.

They drank their drink.

The silence was broken by a large gaseous burp from Petty Officer Emily Parker who then slowly slid off her chair onto the floor where she started to snore quite loudly for someone so small.

"I told her... I told her not to mix her dinks.. Drinks... But did she listen?"  Ensign Timothy "Timmy"  Timpore leaned back in his chair and peered down at the sleeping Starfleet team member.

Harl'on tried to focus his eyes on the heaped pile that was Emily. "She is so tiny!! Where did she put it all?"

Timmy smiled and tried to keep his head steady. "Hollow legs... We earthlings got hollow legs..."

K'ahk leaned down and grabbed Emily's leg with his free hand, shook it and looked back up at the faces looking at him.  "No... She does not have hollow legs!  There is no sloshing sound and it feels.. Sturdy!"

Catherine Goodspeed threw her head back and started to laugh long and hard.

She hadn't laughed for days.  It sounded strange among the silence.

As Cat's laughter died down and she wiped the tears of mirth from her eyes Torpa began ripping at the almost raw Targ meat and chewed, her mind lost in thought.

She swallowed loudly and then Torpa finally broke her almost 3 hour silence.  "Eeklath and Jelkahl  were due to be wed on their return from this mission"  The Klingons cloak specialist's voice sounded softer than usual.

Torpa toyed with her empty drink mug and Cat leaned over and topped it up with more blood wine. Everyone waited in silence.

"Do you remember K'ahk?  When Jelkahl returned from Eeklath's Mother's House and made us Rokeg blood pie to show off her new cooking skills?"

Now it was K'ahks turn to laugh heartily.   "By the Gods it was foul. FOUL!"  Torpa joined in his laughter.  "We tried to eat it but we could not!"

He pointed at Torpa "She.. SHE buried it in the soil of a plant in their quarters!!  The plant... It DIED almost instantly!"

Torpa was snorting with laughter now.  "Her face!" Torpa was bent over the table now clutching the side of the table.  "She did not know why it died!!!"

The laughter from the 2 Klingons carried through the air for several minutes until Torpa stopped suddenly as if remembering something.

"Eeklath... He ate it all though.  Ate it and smiled and demanded a second helping.. Such was his love for her"

K'ahk leaned over the table and placed a mighty hand on her shoulder gripping it firmly.  "But they are together now Torpa!"  His face was proud.  "Together in Sto-vo-koh!  We made sure their spirits travelled safely whilst we watched over them both."

K'ahk locked his eyes with Torpa "They fought with honour and bravery! No greater gift could be given to them both.  To die fighting side by side!  They would have wanted nothing more Torpa!"

Torpa clasped the Klingon arms with her hand and smiled brightly.   With her free hand she raised her filled drinking vessel.

"For Eeklath and Jelkahl!!"

The others shouted in reply "Eeklath and Jelkahl"

They drank their drinks.

Harl'on was now focusing his attention on trying to butter a large chunk of bread, his tongue protruding in concentration. He gave up using a knife and began using his fingers to spread the yellowing fat.

Cat placed her empty pint glass down on the table and sighed "No alarms and no surprises now for them. A true blessing"

Timmy closed one eye so he would stop seeing double and looked puzzled. "What Chief?"

"it means no more horrible shocks, or surprises... No more pain for them"  Cat looked down at her hand, stilled covered in regen bandages.  Turns out an insulating glove is only good for so long until they burnt out when you are clutching a live cable.

Cat couldn't really remember the pain at the time, thank god.  The brain is a clever device sometimes for forgetting what you didn't need to remember.  And a mix of painkillers had taken the edge of the worst of it until the nerve endings had started to grow back.

But at least they were growing back thank the gods and now the mixing of alcohol on an almost empty stomach was numbing nicely the real and phantom pains she still felt.

Cat wasn't sure what pain was worse.  The phantom burning she was still feeling every now and then or the fact the actions that resulted in her injuries was in fact not needed.

Cat picked up the pitcher of Pina Colada with her good hand and poured it into her pint glass that had moments earlier contained ice cold lager.   Cat smiled and sang softly to herself   "I like Pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain... Never tried doing yoga and I have a whole brain... "

Torpa shook her head at the female human and let herself smile.  She was a strange thing.  Torpa drank deep from her refilled glass.

"I wonder what strange things they will find on the planet?  Eh?!  HUGE beasts to fight perhaps?  Priceless gems?!!"

The Klingons round the table bashed their mugs in delight as Torpa continued.

"Perhaps when they come and there is time they will let us go and see what they have found?  We should all go!  YESAll of us!"

Cat made a disapproving noise "You can all go, I'm saying here thankyouverymuch"

"Cat lagh!?  You are afraid?!"  Torpa's tone was one of surprise.

"Bloody right I am!  I mean.. I'm all for a trip to a nice, already checked out planet for a visit but being the first down to an uncharted planet? You gotta be kidding me!!  Bugger that for a game of marbles".

Timmy, who had now decided to embrace the fact he could drunkenly see double screwed his face up in concentration and tried to focus on the real Cat; and failed.

"But why Chief?  To boldly go!  Isn't that what Starfleet is all about?"

Cat chuffed. "Your Starfleet perhaps; not mine."   Cat picked up a piece of meat, chewed then continued with her mouth full.

"Do you know what could be down there?  Big and small things with many pointy teeth that want to eat you... Look at the plants on that other planet!? Bubbling pits of melty tar under a wafer thin surface ready to swallow you slowly as you watch your bones melt... Volcanoes, acid winds to burn through your suits... Boiling or freezing temps.  Shapeshifting Vampires beings after your salt content?  And that's what you can see and feel!  What about the little things you might miss?"

Cat drank some more of the delicious and heady brew of coconut and pineapple and leaned in.

"Bloody things that crawl in your ear and make you go mad... Thingies.. Tiny thingies.. Bury into your skin to pupate and then eat their way out?!... Brain slugs.... Teeny weeny parasites that can access a cut or skin pore and work their way to your brain and take you over!! Tiny microbes that could bypass the biofilters of your suit and settle into your lungs?  Only to grow and sprout a year later, bursting though your lungs and chest cavity to release their spores like pointy evil mushrooms and infect the whole ship??!"

Cat leaned back in her chair as everyone stared at her in silence once again.

"Never talk about that in the briefings do they?  Noooooope! it all 'who wants to pop down to Planet possible death, it's perfectly safe don'tyouknow, honest guv' "

Timmy looked slightly crestfallen.  "Never thought about that...how do you know all that?"

Cat went to tap her nose and missed "Books.. Stories.. An unhealthy interest in reading up on weird and wonderful medical reports and watching old horror and sci fi programmes".

"Is that why you did not go then Cat lagh?  Fear of the unknown?"  Harl'on then studied the human.

"Well, yes, and this" Cat held up her injured hand "And also.. I build and fix non living things.  I'm an engineer, not a planet surveyor" Cat picked up something that looked like a pickled onion, hoped it wasn't an eyeball, popped it in her mouth and bit down.

No, it was a type of onion, so strongly pickled that it made her eyes and nose water.  Excellent.

Cat vaguely pointed down to where she guessed the planet might be  "The only thing I would be good at down there is getting in the way and filling up my suit's urine pad every 5 minutes from all the jump scares I'd be giving myself.  Safer for everyone I'm up here" Cat knowingly nodded to herself.

"But I chased the chickens!!"

Everyone looked at each other then; in unison, stared down at the drunken mutterings from Petty Officer Emily Parker.

"And why is there kittens in the toast?"

Torpa raised her mug once more  "To kittens in the toast!"

"Kittens in the toast!!!"

They all drank their drink.

Never turn your back on a species with tusks, teeth or claws sharper than your own wit.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.