Author Topic: S2 - M9A - Katra - Snake in the Garden  (Read 13046 times)

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2 - M9A - Katra - Snake in the Garden
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2020, 11:13:24 am »
Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell (7 months pregnant)
[Planet Meridian - Kir'Shara outpost - Sickbay]

[planet meridian - kir'shara outpost - sickbay

Looking awkward and distracted " I am wondering how long I am going to be posted as I need to arrange care for sapphire my cat" he explained looking round the room for the first time taking in details

Tess noticed that the Ensign looked awkward and thought it was probably because he was new here and needed to get used to the new spot. What she then discovered he was really worried about surprised Tess at first. She was all on the case at hand right now in her mind and Ta Li's question seemed out of place for her. But on a second thought, she probably would be worried too if she knew her pet wasn't looked after. She was way too fond of animals herslef to ignore the request. And it also was probably better to help Ta Li get it out of the way so he could concentrate on the job.

"You'll do the normal hours of the beta shift", Tess replied. "But I understand that you are worried about your cat. They're sensitive animals and don't take changes - especially of locations - very well." Tess thought for a moment. "If you just need someone to look after your cat, I know the children of the shop owners of the seamstress shop on Katra. I think they would love to do it. If you feel comfortable with that and you think it would be sufficient for what your cat needs."

While they were talking, Melan and Dira were just about to leave sickbay when Dira suddenly started to tremble. A shaky hand came up to her forehead as she groaned and the seizure that had taken hold of her brought her to her knees. Her partner Melan watched in horror, trying to support her. "No, Dira! Help her!", he called out in panic. At the parietal lobe the neurocortical monitor started to blink frantically as it processed and forwarded data it picked up from the woman.

Tess looked to Ta Li, urgency in her eyes. "Ensign, stabilize her. I will take a look at the incoming data."

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Offline Dr. ta li yo-na

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2020, 11:51:57 am »

Tess noticed that the Ensign looked awkward and thought it was probably because he was new here and needed to get used to the new spot. What she then discovered he was really worried about surprised Tess at first. She was all on the case at hand right now in her mind and Ta Li's question seemed out of place for her. But on a second thought, she probably would be worried too if she knew her pet wasn't looked after. She was way too fond of animals herslef to ignore the request. And it also was probably better to help Ta Li get it out of the way so he could concentrate on the job.

"You'll do the normal hours of the beta shift", Tess replied. "But I understand that you are worried about your cat. They're sensitive animals and don't take changes - especially of locations - very well." Tess thought for a moment. "If you just need someone to look after your cat, I know the children of the shop owners of the seamstress shop on Katra. I think they would love to do it. If you feel comfortable with that and you think it would be sufficient for what your cat needs."

While they were talking, Melan and Dira were just about to leave sickbay when Dira suddenly started to tremble. A shaky hand came up to her forehead as she groaned and the seizure that had taken hold of her brought her to her knees. Her partner Melan watched in horror, trying to support her. "No, Dira! Help her!", he called out in panic. At the parietal lobe the neurocortical monitor started to blink frantically as it processed and forwarded data it picked up from the woman.

Tess looked to Ta Li, urgency in her eyes. "Ensign, stabilize her. I will take a look at the incoming data."

[planet meridian - kir'shara outpost - sickbay]

Ta Li rushed to the trembling woman and scooped her up easily and layed her on an empty medibed. Then quickly injected the woman with a hypospray and waited for her to stop shaking while quietly whispering a Klingon prayer to himself.

she's going to be ok,  but what happened" he said looking at her partner .

"oh commander that sounds like a idea I think she will enjoy playing with the children as well" Ta Li Yo-na stated "she's super friendly would you like to meet her"

Ta Li  picked up a padd and started to look at the data.

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2020, 12:43:19 pm »

Ta Li rushed to the trembling woman and scooped her up easily and layed her on an empty medibed. Then quickly injected the woman with a hypospray and waited for her to stop shaking while quietly whispering a Klingon prayer to himself.

she's going to be ok,  but what happened" he said looking at her partner .

"oh commander that sounds like a idea I think she will enjoy playing with the children as well" Ta Li Yo-na stated "she's super friendly would you like to meet her"

Ta Li  picked up a padd and started to look at the data.

Melan didn't leave Dira's side as Ta Li Yo-Na carried the spasmic woman to the biobed. Worry was written all over his face while the hypospray was adminstered to her. He tried to hold her hand but her hands were balled to fists. Luckily, the medication she received seemed to help as slowly the body stopped squirming and started more to relax. When the medical officer then asked Melan what happened, already upset with worry about his partner and the medical situation in general, the Meridian man snapped at half Klingon. "You're asking me?! It's your job to find that out!"

When Dira had started having the seizure, Tess had moved to the panel to check the encephalographic data the neurocortical monitor forwarded to it to check for anything they might have missed. At the same time more diagnostic and molecular scans were conducted in the science labs on the ship. It was the first time they were able collect data from before and the very beginning of the seizure. Tess hoped that the key to finding the cause might lie there, as so far they only had been able to pick up data from the patients when they were already in the full seizure.

The raised voice of the Meridian man drew Tess' attention away from the monitor and she saw another male Meridian approach Melan grabbing his arm gently and pulling him back a bit, it seemed in an attempt to calm him down.
Tess got up from her chair and walked over to the group, stopping beside Ta Li Yo-Na as she addressed Melan calmly. "I understand your frustration. But Ensign Ta Li Yo-Na only arrived today, he simply did his duty to gather information on the situation to provide the best care."

Melan looked back at Dira who had stopped convulsing completely. She now seemed to sleep. Turning his gaze back to Ta Li Yo-Na his hard features softened the slightest bit. "I apologize."

Tess turned to Ensign Kumar who too had watched alertly at the little conflict. "Ensign, please take care of Miss Dira." Then to Ta Li Yo-Na. "Come with me, please", she said and gestured to the door to lead him to the room that had been the CMO's office when the ship had been in service.

"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."

Offline Dr. ta li yo-na

• Approved Applicants
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or ATC.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2020, 01:18:46 pm »

Melan didn't leave Dira's side as Ta Li Yo-Na carried the spasmic woman to the biobed. Worry was written all over his face while the hypospray was adminstered to her. He tried to hold her hand but her hands were balled to fists. Luckily, the medication she received seemed to help as slowly the body stopped squirming and started more to relax. When the medical officer then asked Melan what happened, already upset with worry about his partner and the medical situation in general, the Meridian man snapped at half Klingon. "You're asking me?! It's your job to find that out!"

When Dira had started having the seizure, Tess had moved to the panel to check the encephalographic data the neurocortical monitor forwarded to it to check for anything they might have missed. At the same time more diagnostic and molecular scans were conducted in the science labs on the ship. It was the first time they were able collect data from before and the very beginning of the seizure. Tess hoped that the key to finding the cause might lie there, as so far they only had been able to pick up data from the patients when they were already in the full seizure.

The raised voice of the Meridian man drew Tess' attention away from the monitor and she saw another male Meridian approach Melan grabbing his arm gently and pulling him back a bit, it seemed in an attempt to calm him down.
Tess got up from her chair and walked over to the group, stopping beside Ta Li Yo-Na as she addressed Melan calmly. "I understand your frustration. But Ensign Ta Li Yo-Na only arrived today, he simply did his duty to gather information on the situation to provide the best care."

Melan looked back at Dira who had stopped convulsing completely. She now seemed to sleep. Turning his gaze back to Ta Li Yo-Na his hard features softened the slightest bit. "I apologize."

Tess turned to Ensign Kumar who too had watched alertly at the little conflict. "Ensign, please take care of Miss Dira." Then to Ta Li Yo-Na. "Come with me, please", she said and gestured to the door to lead him to the room that had been the CMO's office when the ship had been in service.

Stepping back from the situation with his hands raised, he addressed melan calmly sorry if I upset you but I need to know what happened even if nothing happened" the new ensign said in defense.

Suddenly feeling worried Ta Li Yo-na takes a deep breath and turned to his superior "yes commander of course how can't I help hope I didn't do anything wrong" he asked  and slunk towards the door like a scolded child. Internally he was starting to feel the Klingon half want to rebel against the idea of being wrong, even if he wasn't.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 08:02:04 am by Dr. ta li yo-na »

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2020, 02:20:01 am »

NPC Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Khan

Saqa7, along with a good portion of the station's medical staff had been temporarily reassigned to work exclusively on the Meridian medical situation.  A dedicated lab had been set up in the Kir'Shara's Sickbay and currently neurocortical monitors were being attached to each Meridian. 

The use of monitors had been Tess' idea and Saqa7 thought it would be very helpful.  Due to Saqa7's 'special circumstance' - given her revoked medical licence - she couldn't directly assist, so instead Saqa7 was seated at a nearby desk reviewing the backgrounds of each patient...from the moment they were beamed over from the other dimension to present... looking for any linkages.   

Her attention of course was diverted to the medical scene playing out when one of the Meridian's began to seize...

Stepping back from the situation with his hands raised, he addressed melan calmly sorry if I upset you but I need to know what happened even if nothing happened" the new ensign said in defense.

Suddenly feeling worried Ta Li Yo-na takes a deep breath and turned to his superior "yes commander of course how can't I help hope I didn't do anything wrong" he asked  and slunk towards the door like a scolded child

Saqa7 had overheard the entire was glad when Tess intervened.  The Ba'ku doctor never ceased to amaze her.   That the Klingon doctor apologized to the patient's husband was even more startliing.  And here she thought that Beja was one of the only sensible Klingons out there. 

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2020, 04:02:06 am »

Somewhere on Katra Station

"Well, Doctor?  What's the verdict?"  Darga eyed the Ferengi scientist who had been imported to the station at great expense.  He was waiting for the man to prove his mettle.  Based on Zimp's performance so far, it seemed likely he'd be waiting a long time.

Zimp shrugged, gesturing at the Type 12 Multispectral Scanning Table upon which the shoe was situated.  It was a table which had also been imported to the station at great expense.  The table's scanning apparatus used polytrilium in its scanning matrix- a crystal substance impossible to replicate. 

"It's a shoe," the Doctor said simply.

Darga nearly growled like a Klingon, "I know it's a shoe, you overpriced grubwit.  I'm paying you to find out why Nalg is having his people buy them."

Zimp shrugged again, "A fetish?"

Darga took a step forward.  "If you don't start giving me better answers, I'm going to ship you back home in vacuum dessicated pieces."

Zimp retreated, holding up his hands, "I'm not trying to be difficult.   I've scanned the shoe thoroughly.  There's no illicit materials used in its construction.  There are no nano-modules with hidden information.  I've studied the layers of leather.  The pattern of the grain.  Variations in surface and subsurface color.  As far as I can tell, this is an ordinary shoe.  No hidden objects of value.  No concealed information.  Maybe what you're looking for is in the other shoe.  Do you have that for me to look at?"

Darga shook his head, "Given that you've failed to find anything in the last three, we decided to consult an alternative expert."

Zimp lifted his chin, "Not Grick, I trust?  Need I remind you that I have Class 5 certifications in encryption and materials science?  He only has Class 4 Certs."

Darga laughed, a short ominous bark.  "Don't you worry about who.  Just worry about how you're getting back to Ferenginar."

Zimp's mouth opened wide, then he sputtered, "I was promised return transport and a bonus!"

Darga reached out and grabbed Zimp's white lab coat, "Contingent upon successful analysis."

Zimp squealed, "I was successful!  It's not my fault there was nothing to find!"

Darga sneered at the slightly shorter Ferengi, "Just consider yourself lucky to keep what we've already paid you... and your life."

Zimp's eyes were wide.  He'd rarely met a violent Ferengi.  It wasn't unheard of... but it was rare.  Sorq's new First Officer must be some kind of psychopath.  Zimp nodded, "All right... all right.  I'll find my own way back.  There's a Pakled transport here, I think."

Darga released the man, then turned to walk out of the room.  As he passed the threshold, he added, "Tell anyone about this.  Any of this.  They'll never find your body."

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 04:05:37 am by Solluk »
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2020, 08:39:57 am »

Tess' eyes met those of her friend Saqa7 for a second as the native woman glanced over to them. She was so glad that she had her working with her on this. The fact that Saqa7 had found at that six of the ten Meridians affected - now eleven with Dira - had been transported from the planet by the Ferengi vessel Rainmaker unfortunately led to a dead end. Although it was notable, they didn't have acces to the ship's transport protocols and wouldn't be easy to get a hand on them either. But the very first scans of those having beamed up had been perfectly normal, so there was no hint for them to go after. And it might just be a coincidence. It left a bitter taste in Tess' mouth.

Saqa7 was very thorough, that Tess did know. If there was something to find, Saqa7 would find it.

Suddenly feeling worried Ta Li Yo-na takes a deep breath and turned to his superior "yes commander of course how can't I help hope I didn't do anything wrong" he asked  and slunk towards the door like a scolded child

Her attention turned back to Ta Li Yo-Na, who looked upset about the situation that had occured. As they were on the way to one of the science labs that had been converted , Tess tried to assure him. "You did nothing wrong. The situation between the Meridians and us is rather tense at the moment. They suffer from a disease to which the cause has not been found as yet. Which is what we're trying to do", she explained as they reached the lab. "The illness shows as seizures but we can't detect a cause for them in any of the scans we have conducted so far. We ruled out pretty much every possibility that would normally cause such seizures. I'm starting to believe it is a new form of epilepsy, but laboratory diagnostic has not been conclusive as yet."

Tess gestured for Ta Li Yo-Na to have a seat before she sat down beside him at one of the work panels in the lab. The reason why this was worked on here away from the sickbay was simply for reasons of space. The sickbay on Kir'Shara - just as the one on the Healy - is realitively small, for a large team as they were right now at least. So they had to take up the space where they had it.

"I only had time to take a look at Dira's encephalogram briefly. What is special about this case is that we had been able to collect data of the brain before the seizure started and when it begun. I hope it will give us some indication on the cause of the seizures."

Tess typed on the keyboard to pull up the data they had collected from Dira.

"We have here the encephalogram, data of the diagnostic scan and the molecular scan. I want you to analyse the data for each part of the brain, frontal, parietal, temporal and occipital lobe. If you find anything that is only slightly deviating from normal standards, let me know."

She paused to look at the new Ensign. "Do you have any questions?"

Offline Dr. ta li yo-na

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2020, 09:39:16 am »

Tess' eyes met those of her friend Saqa7 for a second as the native woman glanced over to them. She was so glad that she had her working with her on this. The fact that Saqa7 had found at that six of the ten Meridians affected - now eleven with Dira - had been transported from the planet by the Ferengi vessel Rainmaker unfortunately led to a dead end. Although it was notable, they didn't have acces to the ship's transport protocols and wouldn't be easy to get a hand on them either. But the very first scans of those having beamed up had been perfectly normal, so there was no hint for them to go after. And it might just be a coincidence. It left a bitter taste in Tess' mouth.

Saqa7 was very thorough, that Tess did know. If there was something to find, Saqa7 would find it.

Her attention turned back to Ta Li Yo-Na, who looked upset about the situation that had occured. As they were on the way to one of the science labs that had been converted , Tess tried to assure him. "You did nothing wrong. The situation between the Meridians and us is rather tense at the moment. They suffer from a disease to which the cause has not been found as yet. Which is what we're trying to do", she explained as they reached the lab. "The illness shows as seizures but we can't detect a cause for them in any of the scans we have conducted so far. We ruled out pretty much every possibility that would normally cause such seizures. I'm starting to believe it is a new form of epilepsy, but laboratory diagnostic has not been conclusive as yet."

Tess gestured for Ta Li Yo-Na to have a seat before she sat down beside him at one of the work panels in the lab. The reason why this was worked on here away from the sickbay was simply for reasons of space. The sickbay on Kir'Shara - just as the one on the Healy - is realitively small, for a large team as they were right now at least. So they had to take up the space where they had it.

"I only had time to take a look at Dira's encephalogram briefly. What is special about this case is that we had been able to collect data of the brain before the seizure started and when it begun. I hope it will give us some indication on the cause of the seizures."

Tess typed on the keyboard to pull up the data they had collected from Dira.

"We have here the encephalogram, data of the diagnostic scan and the molecular scan. I want you to analyse the data for each part of the brain, frontal, parietal, temporal and occipital lobe. If you find anything that is only slightly deviating from normal standards, let me know."

She paused to look at the new Ensign. "Do you have any questions?"

[planet meridian - kir'sharaoutpost - sickbay

Welcoming the fact he wasn't in trouble the Klingon was calming and he suddenly became excited about an idea.

" what about I try overlapping normal brain scans with a convulsion scan to find any differences however small" the dr said excitedly and started to to get the normal brain scan for each meridian and then cross reference the convulsion scans.

"ok commander look what happened when I overlap the scans you notice the spike in chemical reaction just before the seizure, it is almost like a tribal burst before a battle it an evolutionary response but I can't find what is causing it" said  Ta Li Yo-na explaining his findings

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2020, 10:44:52 am »

[planet meridian - kir'sharaoutpost - sickbay

Welcoming the fact he wasn't in trouble the Klingon was calming and he suddenly became excited about an idea.

" what about I try overlapping normal brain scans with a convulsion scan to find any differences however small" the dr said excitedly and started to to get the normal brain scan for each meridian and then cross reference the convulsion scans.

"ok commander look what happened when I overlap the scans you notice the spike in chemical reaction just before the seizure, it is almost like a tribal burst before a battle it an evolutionary response but I can't find what is causing it" said  Ta Li Yo-na explaining his findings

Tess looked at the Ensign with interested when he suggested to overlap normal scans of the brain and when it started to go into seizure. Consequently the scans showed a spike in the chemical reaction, the neurons were triggered to release neurotransmitters by the seizure that caused the person to convulse. But just as Ta Li Yo-Na also pointed out correctly, there was nothing to see what had caused the release of the neurotransmitters, the seizure, in the first place.

"It's frustrating, right", Tess agreed and suppressed a sigh. She was facing this problem for two months now. Then suddenly, Ta Li Yo-Na's suggestion gave Tess another idea. "But overlapping the scans might be the right way. We probably just took the wrong ones." She leaned forward. "Let's transfer the data of the molecular scan and the diagnostic scan to the imaging so we can take a look at all three of them combined."

Once that was done, Tess called out to the computer. "Computer, start playing scan, starting 5 seconds before the seizure starts."

The computer bleeped. Tess looked to Ta Li Yo-Na. "Let's take a close look what happens there."

Offline Paul Wessex

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2020, 11:34:57 am »
<Katra Station - Promenade>

Note in hand, Paul wound his away through the Promenade, attempting - but failing - to draw little attention to himself from the mingling populace, yet again besieged by warm greetings and waves. Wessex did his best to respond to as many as feasible, while maintaining that vestige of authority; it made little sense to be a respected security official if everyone thought he was just a nice chap - there had to be a modicum of something approaching authority.

Beating the gauntlet, he arrived at the location on the card. Ordinarily he wouldn't have made this visit to thank the proprietor of the Gamma Quadrant souvenir shop in person ('Meridian Memorabilia'), but he hadn't recognised the name and so it made for a good excuse to introduce himself; they had clearly known him, at least.

Walking through the entrance, Paul was suddenly conscious of crunching under his regulation boots. He glanced down but didn't see anything untoward. He looked around and his eyes were drawn to several items, cups and small statues, on shelves that looked cracked or broken, yet positioned in a manner not to be so obvious. Discount notices were plastered around, seemingly matching such breakages. Lights were dimmer than he was expecting, with most of the illumination coming from the bright displays from outside.

"Ms Beecoil?" he called out, as he inched in. "Ensign Paul Wessex, Civilian Zone Constabulary". He thought about it, and enhanced his introduction. "Starfleet Security."

There was a shuffle out in the back, and Paul stopped his approach. "M'arm?" he ventured, but for reasons he could not explain, began to reach for his Type-I phaser. He admonished himself for abandoning his principles; didn't take long to find security and comfort in a firearm. He withdrew his hand, leaving the weapon in its concealed holster.

The scrabbling out the back continued until a figure emerged. A woman of a species he didn't recognise, with purple hair and sharp features. She looked to stretch a shoulder before looking up, relieved. "Oh thank the Triumvirate of Cort it's you" she breathed.

Paul looked around and then moved towards her. "Are you hurt, M'arm?" he enquired.

She smiled. "No, just a little sore" she replied, smiling in a self-depreciating manner. "So you got my package."

Wessex nodded, and waggled the note. He wasn't convinced of her assertions she was as well as she made out, but neither was it his job to interrogate her. It'll come out sooner or later in conversation. "I did. I came to say thank you, but it really wasn't necessary, Ms Beecoil."

"Tulra, please" she insisted. "Well, you know as well as I do it was. It was the only option, in point of fact."

He frowned lightly. Clearly there was something missing between sentences. "I'm sorry, there must be some confusion - I came here to thank you for the gift box."

"Well, obviously" she responded, tilting her head quizzically and not a little impatiently. "And you have it with you?"

"The box? No, I-"

Her words became a little slower, and lost some of their warmth. "You didn't bring it with you? Where is it?"

Paul took a deep breath. "Some of the items will be-"

She interrupted him again, and Paul used burnt up some of his reserve to maintain civility as she spoke over his voice. "No! Not the gor'am items - the shoe. You have the shoe, right?"

His mind began to tell his chest to start getting tight, as yet again 'shoes' became an integral part of his day. And this time it seemed a little more...serious. "Shoe? If it's among the rest, my Security colleagues will be scanning them and for those we can't re-gift-"

"Re-gift?! Are...are you insane? I thought the organisation-"

"Okay, I think there's some confusion here...". Paul looked around, studying his surroundings further.

Tulra hissed, looking directly at him. Through him. "There better not be…"

Speaking over her, he continued. "..because I don't have a clue as to what you're referring to, unless you'd like to make a statement regarding stolen property."

The temperature dropped several Kelvins as she stared at him, dumbfounded. "You mean it, don't you? You really don't have any clue?". Dumbfoundment inched towards fear.

Wessex's eyes narrowed slightly as he allowed that authority he was aching for to seep through in his tone. "No miss, and to be perfectly honest, I'm very much considering bringing you back to the security station so I can start to get these clues."

"But I thought everything was arranged! New Starfleet Security Officer, joining the station. Paid off and everything.". She became almost panicky.

Standing straight, and adopting a pose of formality, Wessex looked down at her. "I assure you, the only thing paid off will be my line of questioning."

Ignoring his comment, she suddenly struck an expression as if coming out of a daydream. "Wait..wait.. you said your colleagues are going through the box?"

He nodded. "Right now, yes. We'll find that shoe you refer to-"

"No...no...they're in danger." Tulra's angular face managed to look even more frightened. But Paul found the idea a little impossible.

"Danger. Here." Then his mind drifted towards his assault only some days prior.

"I'm serious. That shoe is being actively searched for. The...visitor...I had earlier knows what they were looking for wasn't here. If they've found out you have it..."

Paul stepped forward, closing the gap between them to a mere foot. "What?"

"The people who are looking for these things aren't people worried about StarFleet" her voice carried scorn for the word. "Once the item is in their hands, they'll be gone, leaving the bodies of your colleagues behind."

Urgency blew wind into his sails, and Paul grabbed Tulra by the elbow and dragged her along with him at pace. "Tulra Beecoil, by the authority permitted to me by StarFleet Security and Katra Station, I am taking you into custody to answer questions on a series of thefts upon this station. You do not have to say anything; but, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on at a Magistrate hearing. Anything you do say may be given in evidence." He tapped his badge, and called for Yelmetrei, Warrington and Trenvale but the signal refused to connect.

"Okay okay, but your friends may already be dead!" she exclaimed.

Paul pulled harder, and tapped his badge. " =/\= Ensign Wessex to Lt M'kai; security alert: Promenade Main Office; potential assault on personnel in progress.  =/\="
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 11:53:09 am by Paul Wessex »

Offline Dr. ta li yo-na

• Approved Applicants
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: October 05, 2020, 12:10:07 pm »

Tess looked at the Ensign with interested when he suggested to overlap normal scans of the brain and when it started to go into seizure. Consequently the scans showed a spike in the chemical reaction, the neurons were triggered to release neurotransmitters by the seizure that caused the person to convulse. But just as Ta Li Yo-Na also pointed out correctly, there was nothing to see what had caused the release of the neurotransmitters, the seizure, in the first place.

"It's frustrating, right", Tess agreed and suppressed a sigh. She was facing this problem for two months now. Then suddenly, Ta Li Yo-Na's suggestion gave Tess another idea. "But overlapping the scans might be the right way. We probably just took the wrong ones." She leaned forward. "Let's transfer the data of the molecular scan and the diagnostic scan to the imaging so we can take a look at all three of them combined."

Once that was done, Tess called out to the computer. "Computer, start playing scan, starting 5 seconds before the seizure starts."

The computer bleeped. Tess looked to Ta Li Yo-Na. "Let's take a close look what happens there."

Ta Li Yo-na looked at the scans and was surprised to by what he saw " wait are they phasing that's impossible isn't it"

Ta Li Yo-na Rechecked the results over and over but just seemed more  confused he turned to his colleague and said "ok I'm confused what do we do now" he asked slumping into a chair holding his head.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Three year award Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2020, 05:15:28 pm »

Katra Station - Promenade

A message came through swiftly in response to Wessex's alert.

=/\= "Hija, Ensign.  On my way!  Computer, initiate silent Security Alert-"  =/\=

M'kai's resonse was cut off then, as she presumably tapped out of her communication.

A moment later, a new voice responded to Wessex.

=/\= "This is H'Rel.  I'm with M'Kai.  I'll be responding as well." =/\=

Less than a minute later, the entire station was serenaded by klaxons as red light bathed everything in an ominous glow.

In a corridor outside of M'Kai's quarters

A new communication came across Wessex's com badge.  In the background, disruptor fire could be heard.

=/\= "M'Kai to Ensign Wessex- Let go of me, you PetaQ!"  =/\=

=/\= "Today is not a good day for you to die."   =/\=

=/\= "My life is my own, H'rel!  Do not keep me from Sto'vo'kor!"   =/\=

=/\= "Falling to assassins will not win you your best place in-"   =/\=

=/\= "bIjatlh 'e' yImev!  Ensign Wessex, we've been ambushed outside of my quarters.  Gather up anyone you can and respond to the offices yourself.  Be wary!  There seems to be a coordinated effort to cut off any security response!  The site-to-site transporters are offline.  I do not-"   =/\=

There was a pause as more disruptor fire sounded, and then a horrible scream.

=/\= "maj!  Die screaming you bIHnuch!  I do not know if it is a transport inhibitor or some greater sabotage.  You will have to proceed on foot."   =/\=

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 05:21:51 pm by Solluk »

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2020, 01:23:01 pm »

Ta Li Yo-na looked at the scans and was surprised to by what he saw " wait are they phasing that's impossible isn't it"

Ta Li Yo-na Rechecked the results over and over but just seemed more  confused he turned to his colleague and said "ok I'm confused what do we do now" he asked slumping into a chair holding his head.

Tess had been studying the complex imaging the computer had generated for them. It would take some time to anaylize it, but then Ta Li Yo-Na said something that drew her attention briefly away from the screen to look at him. "Phasing ...?", she echoed quietly as the meaning sank in and she looked back at the rotating image. They had conducted scans down to the quantum levels, but only each scan individually. The combination could indeed show more.

Before Tess could phrase any of her thoughts out loud an alarm chimed on her PADD. The station's status reports and systems were routed to her PADD so she would be informed of anything happening immediately. When she picked it up, her eyes went wide when the display showed Red Alert had been triggered on the station.

"Carry on with that idea you had!", she told Ta Li Yo-Na before the pregnant woman heaved herself out of the chair and tapped her comm badge.  =/\= "Commander t'Lhoell from Kir'Shara outpost to security on Katra Station, report! Why are we on Red Alert?" =/\=

[Katra Station - Promenade - Restaurant 'Alpha & Omega' - just before the Red Alert]

"Oh, you don't need to worry, Sir, we didn't have Meridians dining here for weeks", Aliki assured her guest - a lone Tellarite - with a smile as sweet as the kourabiedes she was placing in front of him now. A subtle high-pitched ding was heard coming from the counter in the back of the restaurant, indicating other guest's meals were ready to be taken out from the kitchen. "You can be sure we are concerned about our guest's well-being and do what we can to protect you within the bounds of our possibilities."

The Tellarite gave a quiet approving grunt in response before he took a handful of the baked almond cookies, smudging the powdered sugar the dessert was covered in all over him as he put his palm to his snout to munch on the cookies.

"Enjoy your dessert, Sir, and if you feel up to it, I would like to offer you an after-dinner drink, coming on the house."

The ding was heard again, now a couple of times in quick succession and louder, conveying the impatience of the person producing it.

Kostas Papadopulos glared at his wife when she finally made her way over to him behind the counter, three plates with ordered food sitting on it. "I already told you: drop the Meridian topic", he grumbled.

"I don't know what you mean, my cuddly bear", Aliki purred innocently as she picked up the plates.

"Don't think I don't notice it when I'm in the kitchen all day", he growled, even when he was angry the good-naturedness that was him never left his features completely. "If anything, our guests come here to have a good time and not have you chattering to them about your nonsense!"

Aliki raised her eyebrows as she shrugged his comment off with a huff. "I just made sure they will continue to visit us", she said, but her words drowned in a loud klaxon that suddenly went off. A red light flashed through the location from outside. Aliki dropped the plates on the counter while the noises of concerned murmures and stools scraping over the floor fought against the noise of the alert signal. "See? What did I tell you?! Here we have it!"

Kostas rolled his eyes. "Hush, now!"

Security directed the guests and visitors that had sauntered the promenade to the designated security areas, but Aliki wouldn't just go before she knew what exactly was going on. So she approached the first available security officer. "Why is this alert? Does it have anything to do with the Meridian illness? I won't just sit there and catch that disease if I can do something about it!"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 09:52:48 am by Tess tLhoell »

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2020, 12:19:18 pm »

Katra Station - Command and Control Center

=/\= "Commander.  Forgive me for breaking into your communication.  I am holding the Command Center, and have been monitoring communications.  I can give you a situational update.

A short time ago, Ensign Wessex warned of a potential security issue at the Promenade Security station.  M'Kai advised she would respond with H'Rel.  However, they were ambushed outside of her quarters.   Ensign Wessex was ordered to deal with the issue alone.

However, Noh'ves advised me he would also respond instead of, as he said, 'sitting in this chair all day.'  Vilka demanded to accompany him.  Unfortunately, shortly after they entered the turbolift, it malfunctioned.  I suspect sabotage.  They are currently ascending turbolift Tube One. 

Site to site transporters also seem to be offline.  I suspect interference from devices.  M'Kai has been confirmed by H'Rel to be wounded, and there are two reported enemy casualties at her location.  If Ensign Wessex' concerns are valid- and it seems they are- we can expect additional casualties from the Promenade.

We are currently on general Security Alert and full lockdown, except for authorized personnel.

This ends my report."  =/\=

Tolec's report was issued calmly and in much more detail than one might have supposed from a Klingon.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 01:19:49 pm by Solluk »

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2020, 01:53:19 pm »

Katra Station - Command and Control Center

=/\= "Commander.  Forgive me for breaking into your communication.  I am holding the Command Center, and have been monitoring communications.  I can give you a situational update.

A short time ago, Ensign Wessex warned of a potential security issue at the Promenade Security station.  M'Kai advised she would respond with H'Rel.  However, they were ambushed outside of her quarters.   Ensign Wessex was ordered to deal with the issue alone.

However, Noh'ves advised me he would also respond instead of, as he said, 'sitting in this chair all day.'  Vilka demanded to accompany him.  Unfortunately, shortly after they entered the turbolift, it malfunctioned.  I suspect sabotage.  They are currently ascending turbolift Tube One. 

Site to site transporters also seem to be offline.  I suspect interference from devices.  M'Kai has been confirmed wounded by H'Rel, and there are two reported enemy casualties at her location.  If Ensign Wessex' concerns are valid- and it seems they are- we can expect additional casualties from the Promenade.

We are currently on general Security Alert and full lockdown, except for authorized personnel.

This ends my report."  =/\=

Tolec's report was issued calmly and in much more detail than one might have supposed from a Klingon.

Tess listened to Tolec's report with horror. Was everything going crazy now?

=/\= "Lieutenant, check the video feeds and get a picture of the assaulters, send it to all security personnel on the station. They are to be seized when caught. Clear the promenade as quick as possible. Send a team to Ensign Wessex for reinforcement. t'Lhoell out." =/\= Good they were in lockdown already so customs was locked.

Tess tapped her badge to open a new channel. =/\= "t'Lhoell to Ensign Rhade and sickbay. There is a malfunction on turbo lift one, most likely sabotage. Find out what happened there. We also have sabotaging of the site-to-site transport. Remedy it. t'Lhoell out." =/\=

Tess then informed sickbay of the wounded Security Chief and advised them that the site-to-site transport was not working at the moment. Only then did she have time to catch her breath a little. She then tapped the comm badge once more to speak to the Captain.  =/\= "t'Lhoell to Captain Noh'Ves. I'm currently still on Kir'Shara outpost. Orders have been given to catch the assaulters of Lt. M'Kai and to investigate on the sabotage of the turbolift and site-to-site transport." =/\=

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles