S2 M7 - The Two Wolves

Started by Solluk, May 18, 2020, 03:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hrafn Falleg

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on May 31, 2020, 08:15:54 PM

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Saucer 1 ] (upon arrival at the station after Healy call out)

Rayek honestly felt that Hrafn had no clue about what her husband might really think about any social interaction between them, but he smiled and nodded, reiterating that he would speak of it to Tess.   When she suggested padding the dinner with other guests that only seemed more of a deterrent to the Romulan.   He didn't need Crista or the Klingon school master getting the idea that they were around just to act as chaperone.  The notion of it was ridiculous.  "Others will not be necessary." he assured her.

It was then that she felt compelled to react to his comment about her puns, suggesting that he actually liked them.  Well... perhaps he did find them somewhat amusing.  But her teasing jab, kept the admission of that to himself.  It was exactly these sort of personal displays that he felt could be misconstrued by others and sneak its way back to her husband.  So Rayek, for both their sakes did his best not to react or encourage it.

She must have caught onto his concern because her next suggestion was to have an outing with her kids on the Promenade.   Rayek smiled and nodded.  That should be permissible.

It was then that Tess called and while he answered, Hrafn made her way into the turbolift, blowing him a mocking kiss.  His eyebrows rose in surprise before he smirked and shook his head in disbelief at the woman as the doors to the lift shut.  Rayek made his way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NPC Lt jg Saqa7 Mountain-Khan
[USS Healy - Sickbay](Gamma shift - shortly after docking)

The rescue mission had been a bust, though Saqa7 was kind of grateful; as being assigned to medical once more after over a year had felt like having salt rubbed in a wound. She was still on year two of her three year suspension of being able to practice medicine.  Sure she'd overseen the department when Katra first was just getting started... after the original CMO had to step down due to personal issues.   But he'd just been the one doing the paperwork, not actually medically practicing... if something had happened on this mission she would have had no choice but to ignore her suspension to save lives.   She was glad it hadn't come to that.

Saqa7 signed off on her mission report as the ship's doctor and begun shutting down her console, she then bid goodnight to the one nurse that was left to man Sickbay during Gamma shift.   While Saqa7 would have preferred to head to her own quarters on the station rather than the temporary ones assigned her on the ship, Tess had requested the ship's crew to remain aboard in case of a further call out.

It was amusing to see some of Rayek's caution rub off on his wife.  Couples tended to do that.  Jureena had certainly influenced her a lot.  Thoughts of her missing wife brought with a a pang of sadness.   She had such hopes of finding her when she left Katra.   Hope that had been validated when the Karemman transport ship she was on was attacked by what she now knew were Drecacon.

Her first sight of them had brought back long buried memories of the Tri-ship Attack.  The Drecacon were the unknown species that had attacked the USS Nereid and taken Jureena nearly 10 yrs ago.  When she herself was captured, there had been hope that she would find her wife, but that hadn't happened.

Before Saqa7 could torture herself with more remembrance a call came in over her commbadge.

Saqa7 was puzzled as to what the Hrafn could want at this late hour.   Altering her step, she made her way to the airlock and sent brief message to the duty officer on the Healy's bridge to let them know she had been requested off ship but would return as soon as possible.

[Katra Station - CSO's Office]

Five minutes later found her arriving just behind Lt Moreno.

"Glad to see I'm not late." she remarked casually knowing Hrafn's easy-going style.  She moved to stand beside Fabiano and looked to Hrafn in silent question as to what prompted the call when it was so late.

[CSO's Office](Gamma shift - shortly after docking)

"Ah thanks for being so prompt you two, take a seat.  Sorry it's so late but I wanted to deal with this now rather than later so you have time to prepare.  I can't split myself 4 ways, so I have to delegate.  That's my prerogative as CSO I guess." Hrafn said with a small smile.

"Basically, I have invitations to attend, and 1 to speak at, conferences around the Universe and things to do here.  Now Saqa7 I know you're more proficient in medical science and there's one on Earth at HQ and while I would dearly love to attend and see my dear Lizzie - who will be in attendance and if you don't mind I have a few things for her if you'd play courier for me please, if you want to do this one for me that would be great but I know that Commander t'Lhoell likes to have you around as another doctor so you are welcome to decline.  The other is at the Academy, Lt. Fabiano.  Again I'd love to go, and get a little while with Ruthie... however, I have one to attend and speak at on Xenolinguistics with the various delegates we have here on the station to see if there are better ways for us to signpost things and so on.  It's going to be difficult trying to attend all, so..."

The CSO reached for her drink and took a swig.

"Whichever of you who would like to go to Earth needs arrive for the meeting in 2 weeks time.. if you leave tomorrow, that should give you sufficient time to travel safely, relax and be ready for the meeting and check in with Lizzie.  The one at the Academy, I think that meeting is in 10 days time.  If either of you choose to stay on the station instead I have a large consignment of medical plants coming soon that need bedded in down in Lab 7 and the sensors need recalibrating in Stellar Cartography and Deep Space Research down on Deck 30... it's been months since they were checked and I want the full spec recalibration please."

Hrafn smiled at the pair then said "Up to you but if let me know A.S.A.P. if you want to attend the conferences and get off base for a little while so I can message and let them know that you are attending in my place.  Or send apologies whichever is appropriate."

Pressing a few buttons on her PADD she sent a list of tasks in Sciences that needed doing like yesterday.

The PADDs beeped and she continued. "I've sent that list to all our Science crew.  This is a long overdue spring cleaning.  If anything isn't working that we can't fix with recalibrating, put in a ticket to Ops or Engineering whichever is appropriate and get it sorted.  I want everything working at maximum efficiency by the end of the month.  I'm leaving you two in charge of that as I trust you and I'm doing the performance reports at the end of the month....just saying!" she said with a wink.

"And now... I have to kid wrangle!  So I'll bid you farewell and let me have your answers by Gamma shift tomorrow please."

[Hrafn's Quarters]

Nerys' newest plushie was a replica of a cougar which she called Mr. Cough.  She'd had it maybe 3 weeks and only Tidu, Lamar, Crista and Hrafn knew the name... oh and Nevir of course as she'd written it to Daddy in her 3 times per week letter to him.

"Oh I like your cat!" Hrafn said as the kids ran up to her to hug.  "What you gonna call him? Uncle Rayek sends his love."

"Mammy, it's Mr. Cough, the Cougar... you know got him just a few weeks ago, instead of Easter cuz we didn't want eggs then that new toy store opened and you said we could have a toy each.  Tidu got that stupid construction set, Lamar got his Targ." Nerys said with a frown only small children and cats can achieve.  The 'put out that parent would dare forget something so important' look.

"Isn't stupid,.." argued Tidu, in defence "...even Mammy said she was pleased I had something that was designed to be taken apart!"

"Well there is that!" chuckled Hrafn.

Her console beeped and looking at the chronometer she realised that it must be Nevir calling.

She ordered the computer to connect the call and spoke across "Talk to the kids for 5, I've just got off the Healy and a meeting with the troops, I'm going to take a quick sonic shower and change."

The children ran happily to talk to their father, Tidu and Nerys looking at their mother strangely, because she was always the first to talk to Daddy, no matter what she looked like and their father always told her, in Bajoran that no matter how tired and weary she was, hair in disarray, still in uniform...

'bren eka*, ja'lat.  aka* kost shu* sheya*, ul ja jer. ah* ahkayah aka*...' or something similar.  Today he didn't get a chance.

Nerys noticed as she cast an eye to the bedside table there was normally 3 items there.  A pencil and piece of paper, and her Daddy's silver cadet pip. But the cadet pip wasn't there.  Had she lost it.  She hoped that Mammy hadn't accidentally left it in a pocket and it got recycled with her uniform.  The pencil and paper weren't important, they could be replicated.  The pip however, while pips could be replicated, it wouldn't be the same.  It was something very few people outside the family knew about.

As Hrafn came out of the shower and her daughter asked her.  "Mammy where's Daddy's silver pip?"

"Pip?  What pip?" her mother answered, confused. "I don't know what you're talking about."

[TRANSLATION OF THE BAJORAN: Accept it my love/darling, you're always beautiful... in my eyes.  I love you.]

"Yes, the spots DO go all the way down.  No, you don't get to see!"

Kirok

Quote from: Eydis on June 01, 2020, 12:47:41 AM

Eydis would pause and look at zex the suzette." I see, I would like to ask if I decide to station tholians at the embassy Suite you have set aside for us. Will we be able to carry our weapons there. " Eydis would look at the not even look at the new guards as she speaks to them over the lattice. And they would begin to head to the turbo lift. " Perhaps the tholians armed can be rather exciting for some of your individuals. I wish to ask if I may carry my own crystalline sword. I'm aware that this new individual is responsible for protection of diplomatic persons. But I must request my sword be allowed if I'm to forgo armed guards. I'm the captain of tholian cruiser. While I'm certain that this individual is competent I do not wish to solely place my safety in others hands. I will abide your guards to meet you halfway. " Eydis would hum as the guards left her view and made their way back to the docked cruiser.

"If that is acceptable to you zex the deltan of the federation. I would like to visit the deep space laboratory you have on board this station. " She would bow her head slightly to zex and look at suzette with fiery glowing eyes behind her eco suit face shield.

Katra Station - Outside Holodeck 3

Zex cocked her head.  Eydis had good questions which sounded like she was opening up a negotiation.  The very stuff the Deltan lived for these days.

"First let me thank you for your willingness to discuss these matters with me, Eydis of Tholia.   In each new relationship it is important to establish open communication.  And to establish terms and limits of cultural difference like the preference to carry weapons or not" she said.

"You're embassy on our station is yours to control.  The general idea a piece of Tholia.  You and your guards can freely wield your swords there" Zex replied.

"As for you roaming the station with your own personal weapon, I will need to confer with my superior officer.   But if you would consider keeping your weapon holstered with you roam the station, I believe I will have a greater chance of getting your request approve" she added.  "Is that something you might be willing to consider, Eydis of Tholia?" she asked curiously.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Rayek trLhoell

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Saucer 1 - Customs Cargo](Alpha Shift - the day after the Healy call out - DAY 2)

The day which had begun poorly for the Romulan, with Rayek seemingly needing to reset his security codes, wasn't going well.  Despite having gotten a good night sleep after their long day, it was apparently not enough to keep Rayek from forgetting the most simplest of tasks.

His hopes of seeing Tess at coffee break were foiled by a Department Head meeting.  So Rayek instead figured he'd just work through it, and to impress Saxon with a bit of initiative Rayek, decided to pre-empt the need to check the weapons locker.   Quickly and diligently he checked over the weapons, replacing the parts needing replacing, smiling all the while.  He'd be back on top in no time!

When he finished with the last of the phasers in the weapons locker in the Saucer 1 Customs area, Rayek checked the time.  He had another 15 minutes for his break, that was time enough to get at least one other weapons cache checked.  He glanced at the record keeping file, logging his entry into the locker, he placed his thumb to the reader to e-sign the inventory as complete... the bio-reader seemed to pause for far longer than it should.  Really?! Again?  That had been happened twice to him already - once outright denying him access, until he overrode the thumb-print bio-metric with his authorization code and vocal recognition.  He wondered if something in the subspace dimension that they had been trapped in had altered his bio-metrics ever so slightly.

He should probably have that checked.  He'd mention it to Tess tonight.  For now his bio-metrics had worked and he had just enough time to inventory the weapons locker in the Promenade Security office.  He headed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NPC Lt jg Saqa7 Mountain-Khan
[Katra Station - CSO's Office](Gamma shift - shortly after docking)

Quote from: Hrafn Falleg on June 01, 2020, 10:09:42 AM

"Ah thanks for being so prompt you two, take a seat.  Sorry it's so late but I wanted to deal with this now rather than later so you have time to prepare.  I can't split myself 4 ways, so I have to delegate.  That's my prerogative as CSO I guess." Hrafn said with a small smile.

"Basically, I have invitations to attend, and 1 to speak at, conferences around the Universe and things to do here.  Now Saqa7 I know you're more proficient in medical science and there's one on Earth at HQ and while I would dearly love to attend and see my dear Lizzie - who will be in attendance and if you don't mind I have a few things for her if you'd play courier for me please, if you want to do this one for me that would be great but I know that Commander t'Lhoell likes to have you around as another doctor so you are welcome to decline.  The other is at the Academy, Lt. Fabiano.  Again I'd love to go, and get a little while with Ruthie... however, I have one to attend and speak at on Xenolinguistics with the various delegates we have here on the station to see if there are better ways for us to signpost things and so on.  It's going to be difficult trying to attend all, so..."

"Whichever of you who would like to go to Earth needs arrive for the meeting in 2 weeks time.. if you leave tomorrow, that should give you sufficient time to travel safely, relax and be ready for the meeting and check in with Lizzie.  The one at the Academy, I think that meeting is in 10 days time.  If either of you choose to stay on the station instead I have a large consignment of medical plants coming soon that need bedded in down in Lab 7 and the sensors need recalibrating in Stellar Cartography and Deep Space Research down on Deck 30... it's been months since they were checked and I want the full spec recalibration please."

Hrafn smiled at the pair then said "Up to you but if let me know A.S.A.P. if you want to attend the conferences and get off base for a little while so I can message and let them know that you are attending in my place.  Or send apologies whichever is appropriate."

Pressing a few buttons on her PADD she sent a list of tasks in Sciences that needed doing like yesterday.

The PADDs beeped and she continued. "I've sent that list to all our Science crew.  This is a long overdue spring cleaning.  If anything isn't working that we can't fix with recalibrating, put in a ticket to Ops or Engineering whichever is appropriate and get it sorted.  I want everything working at maximum efficiency by the end of the month.  I'm leaving you two in charge of that as I trust you and I'm doing the performance reports at the end of the month....just saying!" she said with a wink.

"And now... I have to kid wrangle!  So I'll bid you farewell and let me have your answers by Gamma shift tomorrow please."

Saqa7 stared dumbfounded at the CSO's offer.  Attend a medical sciences conference on Earth?  That would be so wonderful!  She could maybe take an afternoon to go visit her parents.   Oh but.. she had a very time sensitive lab experiment that she couldn't put off.

"Thank you for the the opportunity, ma'am.... but I'm right in the midst of an important lab experiment that can't be delayed and would be problematic to restart.  I think it's best I remain here."

She considered a moment.  "I know that they aren't in your department but perhaps you could ask Tess.. er.. I mean Commander t'Lhoell if she would allow either Ensign Padrini or Ensign Fuller to attend in your place?  It would be a huge opportunity for either one of them...maybe even both?"

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Solluk

Katra Station - Briefing Room

Solluk smiled and nodded his head, "All right.  I think we have a good plan for moving forward.  This briefing is adjourned.  I look forward to seeing you all later this afternoon."

With that remark, he made some final notations in his PADD and picked up his cup so that he could cycle it through the replicator and restore its molecular components to the ship's matter banks.  He was rather looking forward to the afternoon's planned bowling event.  It seemed to him that after such a long shift and the extended anxieties of the previous day, this was the perfect time for some team-building and recreation.  He was glad to have received the invitation.

Katra Station - Outside of Holodeck 3

As Zex smoothed things over with the Tholian, Suzette took her personal PADD and quickly accessed a map of the station, notating certain points of interest.  Then she held it out for Zex to take.

There was a text message at the top of the PADD.

These are the locations of our publicly accessible science labs, including stellar cartography, in case that's what the Tholian Ambassador was interested in.

Katra Station - Medbay

=/\= Medical Emergency - Site to Site Transport to Medbay! =/\=

The transmission came into the medbay at the same time that the computer responded to it.   Two shimmering forms materialized.  Security crewman Timms, and a Meridian citizen known as Djol.  Two men, both in the nude.

"It's Djol!  We were together, and he started seizing!"

If Timms was concerned about his nudity, it didn't show.  Most likely he was infinitely more concerned that his romantic partner had just entered into a seizure.  Djol was convulsing uncontrollably in a way reminiscent of Tarin the day before.

"Help Him!"

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Eydis

Quote from: Zex on June 01, 2020, 06:18:15 PM

Katra Station - Outside Holodeck 3

Zex cocked her head.  Eydis had good questions which sounded like she was opening up a negotiation.  The very stuff the Deltan lived for these days.

"First let me thank you for your willingness to discuss these matters with me, Eydis of Tholia.   In each new relationship it is important to establish open communication.  And to establish terms and limits of cultural difference like the preference to carry weapons or not" she said.

"You're embassy on our station is yours to control.  The general idea a piece of Tholia.  You and your guards can freely wield your swords there" Zex replied.

"As for you roaming the station with your own personal weapon, I will need to confer with my superior officer.   But if you would consider keeping your weapon holstered with you roam the station, I believe I will have a greater chance of getting your request approve" she added.  "Is that something you might be willing to consider, Eydis of Tholia?" she asked curiously.

� You have my word zex I will not draw my weapon unless I have cause. On my honor as a warrior of the tholian assembly. � Eydis would watch suzette hand over the pad. � Tell me of yourself female individual of the federation�  Eydis would fold her arms behind her back and wait to be escorted to the appooriate science lab. Her thought space lingered on the crystalline entity. Perhaps these were the beings in the song of her homework�s.  Eydis would then take her sword a short crystalline blade resembling a gladius offering it to suzette

Amarande Xiiv

Quote from: Solluk on June 01, 2020, 11:20:34 PM

Katra Station - Medbay

=/\= Medical Emergency - Site to Site Transport to Medbay! =/\=

The transmission came into the medbay at the same time that the computer responded to it.   Two shimmering forms materialized.  Security crewman Timms, and a Meridian citizen known as Djol.  Two men, both in the nude.

"It's Djol!  We were together, and he started seizing!"

If Timms was concerned about his nudity, it didn't show.  Most likely he was infinitely more concerned that his romantic partner had just entered into a seizure.  Djol was convulsing uncontrollably in a way reminiscent of Tarin the day before.

"Help Him!"

Katra Station - Medbay

Dr Amarande Xiiv, who had just relieved a coworker, moved quickly with her tricorder and a dosage primed for specifically Meridian biology to ease the effects and duration of the seizure. Once she was sure she could safely move the man, she made sure he was comfortable on a bio-bed and wordlessly saw to clothing for both men.

"He should be alright, now," she murmured once things had stabilised. She frowned lightly, watching the vitals readout on her PADD. It was eerily similar to an event she'd missed yesterday with Tarin who was also, of course, Meridian. Two cases with such similarities made her suspect something else was at play.

"Has Djol ever had one of these before?" she asked Timms gently.

What we do now echoes in eternity. â€" Marcus Aurelius

Tess tLhoell

NPC Lt. Fabiano Moreno (Science)
[Katra Station - Deck 2 - CSO's office ] (the day before; upon the Healy's arrival)

Quote from: Hrafn Falleg on June 01, 2020, 10:09:42 AM

Fabiano looked just as dumbfounded at his DH as the native woman next to him. While it's been years since he's been on Earth, at the moment, his life was here. His daughter was pregnant and he didn't like the idea to do such a journey now, too high was the fear he might miss something important or that she would need him. While that were solely private reasons, he noted that Hrafn gave them a choice to accept or decline - it was not an order. So Fabiano felt free to voice his thoughts as they were.

Saqa7 spoke up first though and she understood her reason to decline the offer. Something similar had been what had kept him from coming to Katra sooner. After she made a suggestion for two other officers in medical to maybe attend the conference, Fabiano spoke up. "I too don't think I'll need much respite", the middle aged Italian said, his eyes with laugh lines at the sides regaring the Trill hybrid. "I would prefer to stay on the station. Unless you say someone has to attend."

At her 'spring cleaning' comment, he agreed that those tasks neede to be done, but he was a little irritated that she assigned such to them, although it would be perfectly sufficient to leave this to enlisted crewmembers. But maybe that was her mentality. He was only here for a couple of months, after all. Shortly after she had worked on her PADD, his own vibed with a notification. No doubt the list of work they had to do she just spoke of. "I will see to these tasks on the list, Ma'am." He glanced to Saqa7. Maybe he could count on her assistance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lt. Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell (6 months pregnant)
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Sickbay - CMO's office] (after the meeting)

Tess liked to visit her office in sickbay. Here she felt home, really, though it was quite busy on here, much busier than the quiet office on deck 2. But today she didn't mind that. After the meeting was adjourned she had come here to take care of a few medical related issues. But first, she needed to take care of some things regarding the roster. Notifications to the officers affected about the change in duty schedule would go out automatically, this time skipping the obligatory path over the department head's desk. The DHs, as well as the Captain, would just be notificated about the change.

The notifications going out to Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell, Acting Lt. jg. Cathering Goodspeed, Acting Lt. jg. Rhade and Lt. John Saxon as DH would read, that they were re-scheduled for the Gamma shift (22:00 - 07:00), effective tomorrow, until further notice.

Further, Captain Solluk would receive a notification that the Healy's alert status had been prolonged by Tess until futher notice, as well.

That done, Tess got up and left her office to walk out into the sickbay.

NPC Ensign Roberto Padrini
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Sickbay]

By now the birds that had been treated in sickbay had been returned to customs so they could see to getting them back down on Meridian where they belonged. Roberto had been doing the best he could and luckily it had proved to turn out well. However, he was conconerned that they might have to deal with this more frequently now. It really was on his mind a lot, so he decided to speak to Tess about it personally now. He thought he had seen her down here in sickbay for a change ...

As he was looking for her, he walked past one of the treatment rooms and spotted her figure in there. She stood with the back to him. Stepping in, he said, "Here you are! I was looking for you."

He hadn't meant to sneak up on her but the way she flinched before her head jerked around to look at him while she seemingly blocked his view of what she was doing took him aback. "Um, I'm sorry, I hope I didn't interrupt you."

"It's alright. I just checked something for a report Captain Solluk wanted me to prepare. What is it?"

Roberto looked at her hesitantly. "I wanted to speak to you once more about the vet situation..."

"Ensign Xiiv is taking care of this, I await her response back. But since you care so much for the animals, I will assign you to Meridian for now."

He looked confused. "What do you mean ...?" What would he do on Meridian?

"You will help collect data about Meridian's fauna while focusing on medical aspects."

Roberto looked bewidered. That didn't make sense to him. Why would she send him down to do that? He took a step closer and lowered his voice in the hope that he maybe could make her change her mind. Frankly, he was not keen on working with animals. "Tess, I'm sure there are better people suited for that ..."

"This matter is not open for discussion, Ensign. Dismissed."

That tone and her words made him falter altogether. What was going on? Were these pregnancy related mood swings? Or was Rayek telling her about what he had said to him the other day at customs? Yeah, surely it was that ...
His expression hardened with disappointment. "Of course, Commander." He was about to turn to leave, when Tess held him back.

"Ensign." She held a handful of hyposprays out to him. "I have checked these over, you can distribute them to the work stations now."

Roberto took them from her and noticed that three of the devices were still lying on the desk behind her. He was confused, but given her mood he would not ask about it.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Solluk

Katra Station - Outside Holodeck 3 - on the previous day

Suzette smiled at the Tholian envoy, wondering what a human smile looked like to a crystalline entity.  A crack in a face?  Perhaps it was horrifying to them.  "Ensign Suzette Chastain, Ambassador.  I'll notify our destination of your visit."

She tapped her badge, =/\= Ensign Chastain to Science teams on Deck 30.  We're escorting VIPs to your facilities.  Request you remove yourselves to the sister labs on decks six and eight for the duration of the visit. =/\=

There was a moment of silence, followed by a return transmission from someone who seemed rather unhappy at being disturbed.  =/\= Acknowledged, Ensign.  In the future we'd prefer more advanced warning before- =/\=

Suzette tapped her badge again to silence the response.

"Right this way, Ambassador."

It was a long way to Deck 30, but a turbolift was a great shortcut.  It wouldn't take them long to get there.  If or when everyone arrived, Suzette would continue.

"On our left is the Deep Space Research Laboratory.  And on our right is Stellar Cartography.  Well, one of two.  Of course, in the future, they'd probably enjoy it if you scheduled your visits in advance."   Suzette glanced towards Zex, hoping it was okay to say so.

When the Tholian offered up her sword, Suzette's eyes went wide.  To her knowledge, no one had ever touched a Tholian weapon except for a Tholian.  She reached out to accept the weapon in hands that nearly trembled.

"A.. beautiful weapon."  The crystal was perfectly formed, light in the hand.  She didn't test the edge, but she knew that with every molecule of the crystal perfectly aligned in a matrix that only Tholians could manage, it could cut through her flesh and bone almost effortlessly.

"Shall I keep it for you while you make use of the laboratory?"

Katra Station - Medbay

Djol's seizures almost immediately subsided.   A nurse came forward, bringing gowns for Djol and Crewman Timms.  Djol sagged in exhaustion, but Timms spoke up.

"I saw him the other day, when he was about to clean his teeth in the morning with his ultrasonic pick.  He just stood there and trembled for several seconds.  I asked him what was wrong, but he snapped out of it and said it was nothing.  But now... could it have been another seizure?"

Djol finally seemed to come to himself enough to speak, "I... I thought I was fine.  But now... I am afraid."  The fear in his eyes was a common one: Someone who suddenly realized they had a serious illness, and did not know what would become of them.

Kirok

Quote from: Solluk on June 02, 2020, 04:23:25 PM

Suzette smiled at the Tholian envoy, wondering what a human smile looked like to a crystalline entity.  A crack in a face?  Perhaps it was horrifying to them.  "Ensign Suzette Chastain, Ambassador.  I'll notify our destination of your visit."

She tapped her badge, =/\= Ensign Chastain to Science teams on Deck 30.  We're escorting VIPs to your facilities.  Request you remove yourselves to the sister labs on decks six and eight for the duration of the visit. =/\=

There was a moment of silence, followed by a return transmission from someone who seemed rather unhappy at being disturbed.  =/\= Acknowledged, Ensign.  In the future we'd prefer more advanced warning before- =/\=

Suzette tapped her badge again to silence the response.

"Right this way, Ambassador."

It was a long way to Deck 30, but a turbolift was a great shortcut.  It wouldn't take them long to get there.  If or when everyone arrived, Suzette would continue.

"On our left is the Deep Space Research Laboratory.  And on our right is Stellar Cartography.  Well, one of two.  Of course, in the future, they'd probably enjoy it if you scheduled your visits in advance."   Suzette glanced towards Zex, hoping it was okay to say so.

When the Tholian offered up her sword, Suzette's eyes went wide.  To her knowledge, no one had ever touched a Tholian weapon except for a Tholian.  She reached out to accept the weapon in hands that nearly trembled.

"A.. beautiful weapon."  The crystal was perfectly formed, light in the hand.  She didn't test the edge, but she knew that with every molecule of the crystal perfectly aligned in a matrix that only Tholians could manage, it could cut through her flesh and bone almost effortlessly.

"Shall I keep it for you while you make use of the laboratory?"

Zex smiled when Eydis acquiesced.  She had expected the Tholian to resist the idea of holstering the weapon.  She was even more surprised when Eydis handed over the weapon to Suzette.

"I applaud  you attempt to put trust in us.  Ensign Chastain has been her longer than me, so she is a far better guide.  I am even learn something new along the way" she said.

She smiled at Suzette.  "Thank you" she whispered after they started walking.  She entered the lab last.  She looked over to Eydis and waited for the Tholian to reply to Suzette's question.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Beja

USS Katra - Deck 14 - Holosuites

Beja had been looking forward to the bowling event all day. It would be nice for all of them to do something fun and relaxing together. A chance for the new crew as well as the more experienced ones to get to know each other better. After all the craziness they have all gone through lately, a nice evening, a non Wadi game sounded just what the doctor ordered!

�Don�t worry, I will make sure to bring you back a treat, I promise,� Beja said to Mon, as she patted him on the head before she made her way to Deck 14. She had to do some research as she hadn�t heard of bowling before being been invited to the game by Rayek. Luckily she had enough time to make sure she had the correct items needed for the night. It would have been embarrassing for her otherwise.

Beja smiled at the others as she arrived at the holosuites, �Hello!� She greeted those there, and handed everyone their own properly sized shirt. �Here you go, I made sure to have enough for us all to wear! I�m told that the proper attire is part of the fun of bowling!�

Beja proudly displayed her own shirt that she was wearing, having had help with the seamstress owner of the Movel Uniform and Repair shop on the promenade. An odd request she was sure, and one that Beja knew the owners had not gotten before, but they had done a marvelous job and in quick order too. If it ended up being a regular occurrence she was sure that they could come up with unique team shirts for each team, all the requirements necessary for the sport of bowling. Let the game begin!

Solluk

Katra Station - Late Beta Shift - Outside Holodeck 2

Solluk made his way to the Holodeck.  He had been looking forward to the scheduled event, but his good humor had been blunted somewhat by a notification that had come across his desk just a few minutes ago.  He was sure there was a good explanation for it, but still... it bothered him that he hadn't been consulted.

Fortunately, whatever dourness of mood he'd been feeling was thoroughly quashed when he saw the station's bright, happy counselor.  If he'd been asked when assuming command of this station, he would have never guessed that one of the station's most optimistic and jolly souls would be a Klingon.

Then she began presenting people with shirts.  Apparently, custom dictated such attire.  Each of the shirts seemed to have been custom made for the individual receiving it.  Solluk looked at his.  It seemed that someone had combined the Vulcan IDIC symbol with a bowling ball.  Embroidered letters declared that the symbol now represented a new philosophy called ISIC:  Infinite Strikes in Infinite Combinations.

Arching a brow in amusement, he unbuttoned the shirt and began putting it on.

"Thank you.  Very thoughtful, Counselor."

Eydis

Eydis watched suzette for a second and then looked at zex it took her several long seconds as she silently made use of the tholians lattice. � You are to escort me I will require it upon my return to my ship. Suzette chastin human of earth�  Eydis would enter the lab and looked around. Silently shi went to open console and fumbled for several seconds to get the console working. Shi would appear to be searching through the various logs and sensors readings of different sectors. At first her search seemed random. But then it became evident what she was homing in on. A faint frequency the carrier wave of which was incredible weak. It was frequency modulated signal one that could be produce by resonances of crystal.

Turning to look at zex and suzette, her thought space conflicted if shi should reveal her findings to them. � The assembly believes a group of what you refer to as the crystalline entity has been forced out of hiding. By the appearance of species that intends on harvesting  the remaining individuals. It is my belief the one you encountered had been partial harvested or other wise harmed and had be driven mad. Causing it to consume without reason or thought. It could not of been saved it was dying even as it tried in its madness to survive.  Consuming organic lifeforms for energy had begun to erode it. All the energy of those lifeforms imprinting on it causing more fractures.� Eydis would explain having a basic understanding of the song the crystalline entity carried with it during its encounters with the federation and eventually destruction

�The song of my people and my planet speaks of a time the tholians and those you call the crystalline entities were entwined together. � Eydis would show a bit more animation then tholians were normally known for moving about a bit in place as if unable to contain her composure out of agitation

�It�s the assembly�s and my wish to save them and bring them to tholian space for refugee. I know that several have been destroyed from the song they share it is faint but it is overwhelmingly sadness that fills the remaining individuals. The assembly will risk much to save them and even come to the federation for assistance. We do not have good enough relations with most of the life in this galaxy. When we discovered the first trace signal. It was decided to be important enough to warrant contact and furthering ties with the federation. We could not come to the federation over the normal diplomatic channels for fear of discovery. � Eydis paused after the surprising info dump on the pair. It would now be apparent that Eydis was more desperate and thus willing to be more agreeable with the federations little quirks and regulations. Even venturing on board the station after so long a time. �

Rayek trLhoell

Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Promenade - Security Office](Alpha-Beta Shift - the day after the Healy call out - DAY 2 - mid-shift break)

To say that T'Vesh was unhappy at Rayek's arrival at the Security office would have been giving the Vulcan woman too much credit for being able to show emotions.  But with T'Vesh the Romulan just always assumed that she was unhappy with him in generally and kept a careful distance between them.  Today was no different.  He stood a good 2 meters away while he announced he task inventory the weapons locker.

Her lack of facial reaction was typical of her.  "The inventory check isn't scheduled for today..." she noted back, and Rayek wondered if the woman was going to deny him - a ranking security officer - access and argue her point with logic.  She seemed to look him over a moment before nodding and turning her attention back to her own work load.

Rayek moved past her and used his authorization code rather than his biometrics to access the weapons locker and began conducting his inventory check.  He was aware of her occasional attention on him while he worked and therefore was relieved when her attention was diverted by a number of civilian complainants coming in to express their concerns at Tholians being seeing wandering the promenade with giant bladed weapons.

Rayek looked over in surprise at that news but left the Chief Petty Officer to do her job, while he worked diligently at his.   Each of the units required chip upgrades and he quickly switched out the necessary part having pre-replicated the chips earlier exactly for this task.

He wasted no time in finishing up as this was his break time and he had his assigned duty to return to.  He signed off on the inventory and secured the weapons locker before turning away to leave.   T'Vesh was still dealing with the civilians so Rayek didn't disturb her.

Rayek headed back to Saucer 1.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote from: Tess tLhoell on June 02, 2020, 01:04:20 PM

[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Sickbay - CMO's office] (after the meeting)

Tess liked to visit her office in sickbay. Here she felt home, really, though it was quite busy on here, much busier than the quiet office on deck 2. But today she didn't mind that. After the meeting was adjourned she had come here to take care of a few medical related issues. But first, she needed to take care of some things regarding the roster. Notifications to the officers affected about the change in duty schedule would go out automatically, this time skipping the obligatory path over the department head's desk. The DHs, as well as the Captain, would just be notified about the change.

The notifications going out to Ensign Rayek tr'Lhoell, Acting Lt. jg. Catherine Goodspeed, Acting Lt. jg. Rhade and Lt. John Saxon as DH would read, that they were re-scheduled for the Gamma shift (22:00 - 07:00), effective tomorrow, until further notice.

Further, Captain Solluk would receive a notification that the Healy's alert status had been prolonged by Tess until further notice, as well.

That done, Tess got up and left her office to walk out into the sickbay.

[Katra Station - Saucer 1 - ](mid-Beta Shift - the day after the Healy call out - DAY 2)

The remainder of his shift had been tedious.  There had been some Customs investigation going on having to do with a number of birds that apparently he had seized from a Karemman individual.  The woman was apparently arguing the customs process of scanning her luggage and the subsequent seizure of the birds was illegal and infringed of Karemman culture.  It wasn't and hadn't but the whole process was a hassle and Rayek was looking forward to the end of his shift so that he could just go home and spend time with Tess.

But that was not to be. Despite having read on his schedule earlier that morning about the two after work activities that were set up his general grogginess at the time had meant he really hadn't paid attention to it.  Now with only 15 minutes left to his shift.  A vibe at the small of his back where he kept his PADD sounded.  He paused his conveyor and retrieved the palm sized device and typed in his authorization code to reveal not just a reminder for an upcoming counseling session but also a Bowling event in the holodeck; AND a missed scheduling notification.

Rayek opened the new duty assignment and was disappointed to see that he'd been moved off of Alpha shift to the Gamma shift.   What the...!? First demoted not just a rank or two but all the way down to ensign... then assigned to what felt like the most out of the way location on the station to work security... and now Saxon decides to punish him even more by assigning him to the Gamma shift while his wife works Alpha?!  -  The man was a sadistic bastard!

He was in the middle of typing out a scathing response back - if they were going to continue punishing him he might as well give them reason to! -  when he noted that the notification message hadn't originated from Saxon's account but ... Tess'?!

Rayek cleared the current rant from his drafts and tried to think of why Tess would assign them to opposite shifts?  Had he done something to upset her this morning?  Or was this an order coming down the pipe from Solluk?  It must be.

Rayek frowned and began working on a letter to Solluk.   This first draft was a rant and he realized part way through writing it - that he would be an idiot if he dared send it.  So he delete it and started again.

When a second prompt came up reminding him of a counseling appointment in 5 minutes he dismissed it and continued on drafting his letter.   He wrote,  erased, rewrote, erased again.. Argh!  Why couldn't he find the right words!?   What was it he was trying to say to the Captain?  Was he trying to explain his actions?  No ... he barely understood them himself anymore.  Was he trying to offer apology?  Perhaps..

A third and final prompt sounded informing Rayek that he was late for his counseling session.  Frustrated at his lack of ability to put what he needed to say into proper words, Rayek knew this was not the time to be seeing a counseling.   The Klingon counselor would surely pull him from what little duty he had left just as Miss Judy had.

He sent off an appointment cancellation message to Beja, offering his apologies for the last minute notification mentioning that something important had come up and that he would reschedule.

Hoping that he would have better luck writing out the letter to Solluk back at his quarters, Rayek signed off at work and headed home.

[Katra Station - Deck 2 - s'Lhoell quarters]

His writing endeavor had not fared any better back at home.  The distraction of the ferret that hissed at him every time he attempted to shoo it away and the general disappointment at realizing that Tess was likely going to be working late tonight had the Romulan in a bit of a funk.

So when the chime of his PADD announced another scheduled event, this time bowling, the oddity of it caught his interest.   His cabinmate in the Academy had talk incessantly about the sport and had even forced Rayek to watch the 2394 Championship.

Rayek tried to recall when he had put in the reminder notice, but couldn't - which was disturbing for the Romulan who normally could remember a conversation word for word.   Obviously it had been intended as a couples outing'.  Another classmate, an Andorian named ShranLahr, had insisted that bowling was great for picking up the ladies.

Pushing himself away from the computer on which he had been trying to write his letter, Rayek got up and headed out.  Maybe a bit of relaxation was what he needed? To clear his head.

[Katra station - Deck 14 - Holosuites (Bowling Alley)](late Beta shift - Day 2)

Quote from: Beja on June 02, 2020, 11:01:21 PM

USS Katra - Deck 14 - Holosuites

Beja smiled at the others as she arrived at the holosuites, "Hello!" She greeted those there, and handed everyone their own properly sized shirt. "Here you go, I made sure to have enough for us all to wear! I'm told that the proper attire is part of the fun of bowling!"

When Rayek arrived outside the holodeck to find the program already running, he had a moment of anticipation thinking that Tess had managed to get off in time of this planned outing.  He hurried inside and instead was greeted with the sight of Beja and Solluk but no Tess.  The smile that had briefly lit his face faltered and turned to something more neutral.

Had this been planned as a counseling session between him and Solluk?  Fvadt! Why couldn't he remember?

Well, it was too late to send another cancellation now.. he'd just have to see this through.

He was greeted of course by Beja's bright and cheerful disposition.  He took note of her Beja and Solluk's bowling themed shirts and felt compelled to remark on them  "Nice shirts."  Had he sounded mocking?  He hoped not.

And as if in retaliation for comment Beja handed him a folded black button down shirt.  "Thanks" Rayek assumed it would be similar to either Beja or Solluk's figuring that the night's entertainment had been set up as paired teams...   Women vs Men maybe?

But when Rayek unfolded the shirt to put it on, his had a neon limegreen strip down the left side of the chest and an entire different logo on its back.

Rayek stared at the humorously slogan'd shirt and the altered image for a moment before cracking a smile.   Maybe the evening's therapeutic bowling session was a good idea.

"Beja, this is amazing.." he acknowledged her creativity "And thanks for setting up this bowling session."

He turned then to Solluk, unsure what to say to the Vulcan.  The Captain seemed to be in good spirits so likely bringing up discontent at the new assignment was probably a bad start.  He could save that for later.

"Captain." he greeted feeling a bit awkward knowing he'd let the man down with his actions toward the Atrosians.  But that wasn't why they were here he assumed.  "So.. bowling?  Have you played before?" he inquired.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

John Saxon

[Katra - Deck 2]

The briefing had given Saxon plenty to think about. Given the time and space since, Saxon had ruminated on the advantages of a closer, if not comfortable, relationship with the Dord. There were some opportunities that could be made in favour of the Federation, not just in the matter of denying a hostile government of a Dord alliance.

It had been long noted that Earth had no natural development of psionic talent. Of course, there was the potential for development - the relatively recent subspace entity had proven that even Saxon had some 'psi rating', although the jury was still out for John on that one. But... even if Humans were just limited to potential, could that be tapped into like a wellspring? The advantages for hybrid tech-psionic sensors alone would give Starfleet a much needed edge-

With a cold chill, Saxon suddenly became aware he was beginning to think like a Dord - seeing select people as resources. Supplies. Weapons.

Immediately he put the notion to the back of his mind and was gratefully interrupted by his combadge chipring. " =/\= Saxon here=/\="

" =/\= It's Sullivan, sir =/\=" came the voice of his ordinarily peppy Yeoman. Perhaps it was is imagination, but it sounded like her sunny disposition had momentarily gone behind a cloud. "I've just received notification of a duty schedule revision from Lt Commander t'Lhoell."

John nodded, as he walked down the corridor, although surprised she sounded so worked up over this; strictly speaking, it wasn't her job to monitor duty assignments of the security team. " =/\= To be expected, Yeoman. I imagine its to give the Healy crew an assessment and respite after their odd experience. =/\="

Over the channel, he could hear her take an audible steadying breath before she replied. " =/\=I mean sir  =/\=" she continued, " =/\= you've been rescheduled. To Gamma. That means I'll have to revise all your- =/\="

Saxon stopped in the middle of the corridor. " =/\= Sorry Yeoman.  =/\=" he said slowly. " =/\= You might have to repeat that. Did you say I've been moved to Gamma shift?  =/\=" His eyebrows were raised to new heights, and he reached around to retrieve his smaller admin PADD; had but it on silent during the meeting and really hadn't checked it yet, planning so once he returned to his office. There it was. Hannah was, of course, right. Tess had assigned him to Gamma. Rayek too.

Not only that, but the Healy's once-over at drydock had been suspended and had been kept at Alert status. While he agreed with the precaution, the crew wouldn't like that.

Admittedly, he was surprised at this change of roster, but Tess - as First Officer - did have the authority to review and make changes to the duty shifts of the crew; more so as Chief Medical Officer, since often such changes were through an assessment of crew health. While he wouldn't challenge her decisions directly, he did plan to have a quiet word at some point. His change must have been in error, changing his shift instead of just notifying him of adjustments to those under his charge. On the other hand, that only affected one of his many roles so really it did him a favour.

" =/\= I'll speak to Commander tr'Lhoell  =/\=" he said to Sullivan, now appreciating how this would have messed up her planning of his life. " =/\= But for the moment, note that I'm down as Gamma Shift for the role as Chief of Security; however, I'll be keeping my current shift as Strategic Operations so you don't need to change anything in the diary.  =/\=" As StratOps, his chain of command was directly to Captain Solluk; that was not to say he did not need to report to Tess for mission briefings and the decision-making loop, but this specific role was outside the usual station duty rotation, instead dictated by workload and priorities across the Sector.

Hannah's smile seemed to reappear over the audio channel, and she sounded hugely relieved. " =/\= Thank you sir =/\=" she espoused. " =/\= Oh! And you've been invited to bowling. With the Captain.  =/\="

Saxon's heart sank.

He couldn't get out of this one.

[Katra station - Deck 14 - Holosuites (Bowling Alley)]

Like a man walking to the gallows, John entered the Holosuite and looked around. It took a moment or two to recognise everyone, since he had been looking out for uniforms. Instead, there was a collection of what looked like custom shirts. He looked down to his uniform and realised he was not accustomed to social events.

Tess tLhoell

and NPC Roberto Padrini
[Katra Station - Holodeck - Bowling Alley]

Tess had been on Beta shift today, this meant she worked til the late hours anyways. She had only had time to drop by their quarters - she was sad to notice that she seemed to have missed Rayek - to refresh herself a little bit before she set off to get to the holodeck where their bowling event would be tonight. Tess had been looking forward to this. She was glad she had set an alert to remind her of this, otherwise she would have forgotten about it completely.

As she approached the holodeck, she met Roberto. "Ciao!", she greeted him with a smile and in the way it was custom in Italy. His face had been a bit of a frown when he saw her but quickly eased to a smile in return. "Ciao." He stopped at the door as it slid open. "Ladies first, Commader", he grinned.

Tess laughed. "No ranks tonight!" She really was so ready to forget about that for a couple of hours at least.

As she entered she spotted Beja, Rayek, Solluk, all wearing custom bowling tshirts. John Saxon, who was wearing his uniform still, was there as well, but only seemed to have arrived a minute before them.

"Hello!", Tess greeted cheerful as she approached the group. Her eyes were distracted by reading and looking at the bowling shirts. Each of them was unique and made her laugh. "Wow, they're awesome!", Tess smiled. She loved the modified Vulcan motto on Solluk's shirt and the medical theme Beja had picked up for her own one. She stopped next to Rayek, but only had seen the front of his tshirt with the green strip on the left side. "Is something written on your shirt too?", she asked as she tugged at Rayek's sleeve to make him turn his back to her. Glancing at it she grinned at Rayek and then at Beja who had thought of that. "That is perfect."

When Beja handed her her shirt, Tess unfol a plain white tshirt and at first she thought it was just that - plain white. But then she noticed it was actually a maternity shirt with three fat black dots on it that resembled the holes of a bowling ball - with her baby belling representing the 'bowling ball'. Tess let out a genuine loud laugh. "This is brillant, Beja. Thank you!"

Wearing a top beneath she didn't have a problem to take off the shirt she was wearing and quickly put on the tshirt.

Roberto had watched with a chuckle and then was handed over his own tshirt. Putting it on it had something written at the front: 'This Is My Spare Shirt' with three pins and a bowling ball on it. Roberto smiled at Beja. "Thanks for this, I like it."

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.