News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

S2 M10 - Advenæ

Started by Solluk, October 20, 2020, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catherine Goodspeed

Quote from: Paul Wessex on December 01, 2020, 07:07:17 AM

Paul scratched the back of his neck which was somewhat prickling with his vacillating thoughts regarding what he was going to request. But, he put a strong gust in the sails and continued unfettered. Clearly, the canny Chief Engineer had the senses of one of her voles, such was her carefully crafted response. Not for the first time, he wondered how formidable the 'seasoned' lady would be in Security. He quickly put the idea out of his mind. " =/\= That would be greatly appreciated, M'arm". He rolled the other part of his plan around, not wanting to put the two together. "And perhaps they would be comfortable in their  harnesses?" He grinned to himself, recalling those teenie straps that allowed cables and other small items to be attached to the rodents in the course of their remarkable role as trained Engineering runners. What would be attached this time was to be so low-tech that he'd have a hard time imagining their detection by even the most stringent of counter-surveillance technology...such were the typical low-impact solutions from NavPat.

"I can meet you on Deck 10, Section 9 in 5 minutes, if that is feasible for you. =/\="

It would be pushing his attendance at the Klingon Empire Embassy down to the wire, but it was that or let Kurros's trail of overtures go cold.

Katra Station - Deck 10

Cat was still trying to work out in her over saturated brain what devious and cunning plan Lt Wessex had come up with as she stepped out the Turbo lift onto solid ground.

She'd fitted the work harnesses on the young Cardassian vole Nibbler and slightly older Squid and gone to meet Wessex at his designated meet up point.

Walking slowly as if she was just out on a lovely quiet stroll rather than some secret squirrel mission Cat came up to Lt Wessex, leaned in and in a stage whisper "It is I, Goodspeed.  Heard you needed some voles?"

Never turn your back on a species with tusks, teeth or claws sharper than your own wit.

Rayek trLhoell

NPC Cathy Daniels
[Freighter Wonderland]

Quote from: Finn Moreno on December 01, 2020, 05:40:03 PM

[on board the Wonderland]
Finn started visually scanning the plasma conduits for and visible damage. He went around the pipes and sure enough there was a hole on the far side.
It must have been caused by one of the stray bullets of the old rifle.
"There. I don' have any spare parts but I think we can still fix it."
He pointed it out to Juraan, then went away to get his 'tool box'. The thing was heavy and particularily hard to carry with an injured arm, so Finn simply pulled it over to the conduit.
"Here." He handed Juraan the box and said. "You'll have to do it." With a grin he added. "Finally do something for that huge paycheck , you were talking about."

Finn could only hand him tools and a welding gin and give him a hand in order to patch the hole. But he admired the man. Not only had he medical skills but he was also a fierce fighter and not that bad at repairs.

Since he wasn't being very useful but the co pilot needed clear orders, Finn went to the cockpit, sat down next to her, blowing out a long breath. "Are you okay?" The girl had certaily done well.
"Reroute the plasma so we can repair section 3. We've got a hole there."
He then remembered the small devices on their cargo.
"The Orions put small, round devices on the cargo....I'm thinking those are marks to beam out our cargo. We should put them on the Orions..send a message in case the get close?"

When Finn came up from the Cargo area to sit next to her at the helm, Cathy looked over to him kinda concerned he was going to yell at her for not helping more with the intruders.  But instead he asked how she was.   She blinked a moment before answering.  "I'm good." then turned the question back to him.  "How's the arm? I was watching what was going on.. but felt it important we got out of there fast before more could board."  She tried to justify her decision before he could complain about it.

But that didn't seem to be why he was up there, instead he directed her to reroute the plasma from section 3.   Cathy nodded and made the necessary reroutes.  "There.  Done. Do you think you need a hand with the repair? Not that I know anything at all about repair work but I said I'd be willing to learn.  I meant it."

But the sudden discussion of the tracking devices and their suggested use soon had Cathy not feeling well.   They were using the bodies of the dead to send a message.  Cathy didn't feel too good about that..

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Kirok

Katra Station - Conference Room 7

"I do like that it honors the Klingon traditions.  And prevents the Empire from gaining a new ship.  It does seem like a win win" Zex said.  She turned to Eydis and waited for hir to reply.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Eydis

Quote from: Zex on December 03, 2020, 06:20:14 PM

"I do like that it honors the Klingon traditions.  And prevents the Empire from gaining a new ship.  It does seem like a win win" Zex said.  She turned to Eydis and waited for hir to reply.

Eydis was silent for a while a little annoyed at the common sense of hir friend and beja and Solluk. To bring a warship that had seen so much through space only to throw it into a sun. Surely that couldn't be the only outcome. Eydis would have to wait however till shi meet with the Klingon empire representative. They would need to talk this out at the rapidly approaching time. Eydis would nod as shi gave the idea presented by Solluk as a  credible one.

we will need to bring both Klingon groups together and explain it to them.

Paul Wessex

Quote from: Catherine Goodspeed on December 02, 2020, 12:25:30 PM

Walking slowly as if she was just out on a lovely quiet stroll rather than some secret squirrel mission Cat came up to Lt Wessex, leaned in and in a stage whisper "It is I, Goodspeed.  Heard you needed some voles?"

Quite despite the attempts to keep a low profile, Paul had to laugh loudly at Goodspeed's hammy delivery. Grinning, he glanced about, with his own theatrics and attempted a throaty, villainous response. "You 'eard righ'."

And yet, he couldn't keep the pretence up for long. What he was asking wasn't something that could be chuckled away. He adopted an expression of apology, and opened a fist. In it were some small devices - micro-recorders; non-transmitting, non-isotronic. Pure passive audio receivers. No stray signals to detect. He explained his plan as cautiously as he could; the voles would make their way, quietly, to the inner sanctums of the Embassies of the Dord and Numanti, and find a point of greatest audio gain. Then wait, allowing the devices to pick up any conversations before returning. It could be a true waste of time, and against much of what he stood for in the Federation, but Kurros had offered the Federation riches beyond the dreams of Avarice....and they had turned it down.

It was a matter of urgency to learn what other powers had done if offered the same; and what had been the price for such riches...

Solluk

Katra Station - Conference Room

"Well..." Solluk hesitated, "if you're going to ask the Republic and the Empire to both be present, it can't be done on the sovereign territory of either power.  If you want them both there, I recommend you hold the ceremony at the Tholian embassy instead."

It seemed unlikely that either power would quickly consent to a meeting in the other power's embassy.  But for this purpose, the Tholian embassy could be considered neutral ground.  He hoped the Tholians might consent to wear encounter suits, as otherwise the Klingons would need to wear environmental suits to attend any gathering.  He always imagined that it was easier for a crystal entity to wear a suit, as they lacked the sweat and smell that a humanoid tended to accumulate after long-term environmental suit wear.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Finn Moreno

[Wonderland]
While Juraan was (hopefully) patching the leak, Finn talked to Cathy. When she announce that she had rerouted the energy, he raised his voice and hollered to the guy. "Juraan! You can start now. Energy is rerouted."

He then focused on the girl, who asked about his arm and seemed to have a bad conscience for not helping with the brawl in the back. "It's really sore." He mustered up a smile nevertheless....but my head still where it belongs and I'm sitting here talking to you, lovely girl. So I think we're good. No need to feel bad. You did what was necessary in that moment. I don't think Juraan and me could have handled any more intruders."
He gave her a friendly nudge and tried to wiggle his arm but that proofed to be a bad idea. "Why don't you give the big guy a hand and I fly for now..."
He had taken a chance employing a new crew in a shady bar but that decision seemed to have been a great one.

Kirok

Zex took in a small breath aft Eydis spoke.  It seemed that shi was closer to making a final decision.  That was good.

"I can help set up the ceremony, if you like" she offered.  She looked from Eydis to the Captain.  Then to Beja.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

L'mar Camili Rhade

[ Ensign L'mar Rhade ] - [ USS Healy - Bridge ]

Well things didn't feel right, the Thinker shuttle and Kurros attempting diplomacy after the replicants he sent to probably destroy them. The shuttle just leaving suddenly, that didn't help either. Rhade wondered what the Thinker was up to. Could he have put into motion another plan or hadn't things gone to plan? Rhade hoped it was the latter. "What ssshould we do now?" L'mar asked them all.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.