Author Topic: S2 M10 - Advenæ  (Read 25786 times)

Offline Eli Ferris

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2 M10 - Advenæ
« Reply #180 on: November 16, 2020, 01:47:27 am »

USS Healy - On intercept course for unknown sensor contact

Ensign Oloze nodded at her orders and transmitted a standard greeting across all subspace frequencies.

"Standard greeting sent, Sir."

The minutes ticked by as they waited for the subspace message to reach its destination.  Even if the inbound ship received the message, there was no guarantee they would know how to decipher it.  Indeed, there was no way of even being sure if these unknown aliens used subspace radio for communications. 

But after about a quarter of an hour, the Ensign's console lit up with a notification.

"We're receiving a message from them, Sir.   I'll put it on-screen.  We're not in live communications range, yet.   So this is a non-interactive transmission."

"Greetings.  My name is Kurros, and I am the Chief Executive Officer of Thinkers, Incorporated.  You visited our planetoid recently.  It seemed overdue that I return the favor.  I am approaching the Trialus system under the flag of peace, hoping to engage in diplomatic negotiations.  My vessel is an unarmed high-speed shuttle.  I hope you may be willing to receive me."

Ensign Oloze swiveled in her chair, "Sirs, I have reference data on the Thinkers if you need it.  We've had encounters with them before."

[USS Healy - Bridge]
Eli had received the information regarding the Thinkers is a slow and measured breath. Inside, it was difficult to imagine their coming to be any type of good news. But, he wouldn't give in to panic. Instead, he stood, appreciating Kal's quick directions to the Helm and Ops.

"We've encountered them before, and the captain will know appropriate precautions to take."

Eli glanced around the bridge, taking in each member for a minute. "We are not going in blind; we have encountered them before and been successful in addressing any threat. And you all know we can handle multiple threats."

He paused a moment, that quiet, unsettled feeling, slowly dissipating. "The answer to fear is information, is knowledge. Oloze, set sensors to maximum range. I want to know what they are doing, and I don't care if they know we're doing it. Saqa7, I want probes prepared to run some sensor interference if needed. Let's find out all that we can."

He took his seat and pulled up the Thinkers' info on his display.

"Mr Kal, I would like you to review any tactical information, and let's see how we can anticipate their moves. I doubt they'll try the cloning trick again."

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2020, 04:16:31 am »

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Labor and Delivery Unit] (October 17th)

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - LDU] (October 17th)

The look Jayce and Dennix were sharing wasn't lost on Tess and she half expected them to deny her the visit of her family before she had rested, but thankfully they compromised and let her see them briefly. "I promise to keep it short."

Tess nodded at the Denobulan when he offered for her to call anytime should she have trouble with the first latch. "I will, thank you." Dennix left and Tess' gaze wandered back to Jayce and smiled her - tired and exhausted, but happy.

The sound of the doors opening had Tess turn her head to the side and she couldn't keep the wide grin off her face at seeing Rayek and her baby. Her heart clenched with happiness seeing the tiny bundle in his arms. "I missed you", she said to both Rayek and Fvienn. She stretched her hand out to hold Rayek's hand as soon as he was within reach. The smile lingered on her face when she saw her father following right behind Rayek.

"Tesora", the proud grandfather smiled and walked around the bed to the other side to lean over and hug his daughter. Tess moved her arms and hugged him tightly. The Italian nickname was one he had given her when she had been a little girl on Ba'ku, it had accompanied her until now and Fabiano still used it for her. "Sono così orgoglioso di te. Tuo figlio è bellissimo. Bellissimo!" (*I'm so proud of you. Your son is beautiful.), he murmured in her ear before pulling back with a smile, but not before he had kissed her forehead.

"Ti amo, papà", Tess whispered back. She was just about to ask about Rahul and Tamonar, when her brothers entered the room - Rahul first, Tamonar following behind. Tess smiled at them but noticed immediately that Rahul seemed to feel not really well.

"Congratulations on your healthy boy, Tess", Tamonar said and gently rubbed her arm after they had reached the bed.

"Thank you", Tess smiled and then looked at Rahul. "You waited the whole time outside? You must be tired from your journey, too", she said understandingly, recognizing it to be a sacrifice they have made for her. "But I'm glad you are here." She reached her hand out to hug Rahul. He moved closer and did so.

"You are really okay?", he asked as he looked at her after the hug.

"I am, don't worry", Tess assured him. "I'm just really tired. The doula said I should feed the baby before I nodd off - which honestly will happen soon."

Fabiano nodded. "Dennix said we should make the visit brief so you and the baby can rest, which we will do." He pulled out his personal data PADD. "Would you mind if I'd take a picture of the little one and send it to Ben? I think he's dying to see him."

Tess chuckled. "I certainly don't. Go ahead."

Fabiano walked back around the bed to stop in front of Rayek who still held the baby. Taking a picture the Italian smiled. "We will leave you, then." He rested his hand on Rayek's shoulder and squeezed it fatherly. "If you need anything, let us know."

With that the three men left the delivery room. Tess looked after them and then turned her head to her husband with a smile as she blinked tiredly. She was glad to have seen her family, but she was also glad to be alone with Rayek now to thoroughly enjoy their happiness together for the first time. Her gaze rested on the new life in Rayek's arms and her heart swelled with motherly feelings. "He's so absolutely amazing", she whispered. "Give him to me?", Tess asked and shifted a little so she could hold him properly for the breastfeeding. She opened a button at the hospital gown she had been given after she had been in the bathtub so that would make it easier for her. While she waited for Rayek to hand her the baby, Tess bit her lip for a moment. "Are Phara, Karinne and the other Romulan mothers outside, too?" She said that with a bit of a guilty feeling. She had agreed to the H'dl Aefvadh after all and normally it would have been those women to support her during labor - not her husband. But at that moment she had been so stressed and scared and pained that she just had wanted Rayek around her. "Are they upset?", she asked cautiously.

Rayek entered the room fully intending to pass off their son to Tess immediately, but as he moved to her bedside and took the hand that reached out towards him, he felt a reluctance to part with Fvienn so soon.   He'd thought he'd seen a similar reluctance earlier on Tess' face when he'd first accepted the babe from her.   Now he understood why.   

Though he and Fvienn had only been in the other room a few minutes, he could completely understand why she was saying that she missed them.   He too would miss the warm feel of his son in his arms once he handed over Fvienn.   They would feel empty. 

Thankfully, he was saved from having to endure such immediately as Tess was first greeted by her father, who went around to the other side of the bed to hug her, forcing Tess to release his hand to do so.   Father and Daughter exchanged a few quiet words that Rayek only heard bits of.   Then Tamonar and Rahul entered and they exchanged varied familial greetings.

When the idea of a photo was suggested, Rayek was momentarily torn.  His paranoia would have him deny any tangible proof of his son's tie to him, for the boy's protection; while the Father in him wanted a copy of said picture to be able to add to his PADD's rotating images. Tess' agreement saved him from having to decide.  He angled Fvienn towards Fabiano for the photo.  "I'd like a copy of that as well, if you don't mind."

Because Tess needed to rest, the room cleared quickly and it was soon just he and Tess.  She gazed a Fvienn in his arms and he knew the time had come for him to return the precious bundle to his mother.   He nodded at her query to that effect.  "Of course e'lev," he answered and readied the baby to hand over. 

In these formative times, Fvienn would always belong with his mother first and foremost.  His role as father was secondary to that - at least for now.  Rayek recognized this as he helped settle his son at his wife's breast to feed.   The moment was precious and breathtakingly beautiful.   As such it took a moment for Rayek to realize that Tess had asked questions about Phara and the other Romulan mothers.

"They were still present when I came in.  I doubt they will leave any time soon without your direct instruction to do so." he stated moving near to brush a lock of hair from her face tenderly.  She looked so tired.  The delivery, even as fast as it was, had taken a toll on her.   It wouldn't be long before she would be unable to stay awake. 

"Phara seemed to be accepting of the situation and patient enough to wait.  The others will follow her lead." Rayek assured.. then clarified one point.  "Except Karinne, she is her usual unpleasant self.  I had to be firm with her earlier." he admitted while he glanced about the room briefly, looking for the best place to set himself up for while she slept.

Rayek noted the armchairs along the side wall.  That would do.  Leaving her side briefly as she breast-fed their newborn son, Rayek went to the chair and repositioned it closer to the bed angled to give him the best view of the entire room and its one access point. 

Because breast-feeding could take a while and worked best in a peaceful environment, according to the research he'd done, Rayek sat down in the armchair and pulled out his PADD.  A few taps on the screen later and soft soothing instrumental music drifted from it's speakers.

NPC Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Khan
[USS Healy - Deck One - Bridge](October 17th)

NPC Cadet Benjin Moreno (Flight)
[USS Healy - Bridge] (October 17th)

Benjin sat at the flight console and was rather distracted by his own thoughts even as the developments were quite scary. While he had not been on Katra yet when the some of the station's personnel had been kidnapped by the Thinkers - including Tess, Rayek and the very Saqa7 that was on this ship too - he had been there when the clones had sabotaged the station. One of the sabotage Rayek's clone had done had injured him badly when a bomb had detonated in the shuttle bay. There were no scars left on his body, Tess had healed them all, but there definitely were scars that could not be seen left.

Now they waited what Captain Solluk would say to Kurros' request to be allowed on Katra to establish diplomatic relations. He was sure he was not the only one who had a bad feeling about it.

[USS Healy - Bridge]
Eli had received the information regarding the Thinkers is a slow and measured breath. Inside, it was difficult to imagine their coming to be any type of good news. But, he wouldn't give in to panic. Instead, he stood, appreciating Kal's quick directions to the Helm and Ops.

"We've encountered them before, and the captain will know appropriate precautions to take."

Eli glanced around the bridge, taking in each member for a minute. "We are not going in blind; we have encountered them before and been successful in addressing any threat. And you all know we can handle multiple threats."

He paused a moment, that quiet, unsettled feeling, slowly dissipating. "The answer to fear is information, is knowledge. Oloze, set sensors to maximum range. I want to know what they are doing, and I don't care if they know we're doing it. Saqa7, I want probes prepared to run some sensor interference if needed. Let's find out all that we can."

"Mr Kal, I would like you to review any tactical information, and let's see how we can anticipate their moves. I doubt they'll try the cloning trick again."

Saqa7's near panic eased somewhat at the Eli's words.   He was right.  The more information they had the better prepared they would be.  So while Nadia gave an "aye sir" and adjusted the range on the sensors,  Saqa7 answered with a soft "Yes, Captain." smiling a brief moment towards Eli appreciatively for helping to put things into perspective.   She didn't need to fear being held captive again.

As Saqa7 worked on preparing a set of probes that could emit interference signals that should distrupt any normal scan, there was one question she needed to ask.  "Sir, how large of an area are you wanting the interference to extend? Just the immediate area around the ship?  Or around Katra and the planet?"   

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Offline Finn Moreno

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: November 16, 2020, 09:55:50 am »
[Nimbus III, Planet of Galactic Peace - Finn Moreno]
Usually he tried to avoid Nimus III because any job he'd ever gotten here, had been difficult in some way. Lately his pockets had been so empty and the cost of repairs of his freighter so high, that Finn didn't really have a choice.
On top of it all he was still missing the much needed crew.

His phaser was well concealed under his leather jacket, which was way too warm for the temperatures of this sand box. Anyone with some sense would know he was armed, though.

Finn put his sunglasses on and stepped off the ramp off his freighter. The sun here was incredibly bright and from here he couldn't see much but sand and some sort of settlement in the distance. He was sure that his contact would show up soon , though. the coordinates were correct.

Close to the cities limits he spotted a figure in a bright red cloak, so he slowly walked towards them while sand filled his worn out shoes.
"Are you looking for a freighter?" He called out from afar.

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: November 16, 2020, 11:02:10 am »
Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell

Rayek entered the room fully intending to pass off their son to Tess immediately, but as he moved to her bedside and took the hand that reached out towards him, he felt a reluctance to part with Fvienn so soon.   He'd thought he'd seen a similar reluctance earlier on Tess' face when he'd first accepted the babe from her.   Now he understood why.   

Though he and Fvienn had only been in the other room a few minutes, he could completely understand why she was saying that she missed them.   He too would miss the warm feel of his son in his arms once he handed over Fvienn.   They would feel empty. 

Thankfully, he was saved from having to endure such immediately as Tess was first greeted by her father, who went around to the other side of the bed to hug her, forcing Tess to release his hand to do so.   Father and Daughter exchanged a few quiet words that Rayek only heard bits of.   Then Tamonar and Rahul entered and they exchanged varied familial greetings.

When the idea of a photo was suggested, Rayek was momentarily torn.  His paranoia would have him deny any tangible proof of his son's tie to him, for the boy's protection; while the Father in him wanted a copy of said picture to be able to add to his PADD's rotating images. Tess' agreement saved him from having to decide.  He angled Fvienn towards Fabiano for the photo.  "I'd like a copy of that as well, if you don't mind."

Because Tess needed to rest, the room cleared quickly and it was soon just he and Tess.  She gazed a Fvienn in his arms and he knew the time had come for him to return the precious bundle to his mother.   He nodded at her query to that effect.  "Of course e'lev," he answered and readied the baby to hand over. 

In these formative times, Fvienn would always belong with his mother first and foremost.  His role as father was secondary to that - at least for now.  Rayek recognized this as he helped settle his son at his wife's breast to feed.   The moment was precious and breathtakingly beautiful.   As such it took a moment for Rayek to realize that Tess had asked questions about Phara and the other Romulan mothers.

"They were still present when I came in.  I doubt they will leave any time soon without your direct instruction to do so." he stated moving near to brush a lock of hair from her face tenderly.  She looked so tired.  The delivery, even as fast as it was, had taken a toll on her.   It wouldn't be long before she would be unable to stay awake. 

"Phara seemed to be accepting of the situation and patient enough to wait.  The others will follow her lead." Rayek assured.. then clarified one point.  "Except Karinne, she is her usual unpleasant self.  I had to be firm with her earlier." he admitted while he glanced about the room briefly, looking for the best place to set himself up for while she slept.

Rayek noted the armchairs along the side wall.  That would do.  Leaving her side briefly as she breast-fed their newborn son, Rayek went to the chair and repositioned it closer to the bed angled to give him the best view of the entire room and its one access point. 

Because breast-feeding could take a while and worked best in a peaceful environment, according to the research he'd done, Rayek sat down in the armchair and pulled out his PADD.  A few taps on the screen later and soft soothing instrumental music drifted from it's speakers.

Even if she'd have tried ... she couldn't keep the smile off her face when Rayek handed over baby Fvienn and help her to settle him for the breastfeeding. It was incredible how strong the bond already was after not even an hour. Her smile widened as she looked at their baby, holding him carefully in her arms.

The latching didn't want to work at the first attempt but that was to be expected. Tess was not worried or annoyed at all but patiently retried. A gentle touch at her forehead made her look up to her husband who looked at her lovingly. Right now pure love was what filled her life and she realized how grateful and happy she could be.

While she kept on listening to Rayek, Tess turned her attention back to Fvienn to get him to latch on properly. That Karinne made trouble was not a surprise to her. Neither was that Phara was very understanding of the situation. Still Tess couldn't help but feel bad. Fvienn finally latched on and began feeding which made Tess smile. When she looked to Rayek, the guilty feeling showed on her face. "I mean, I can understand that they are unhappy. I don't regret that you were here for his birth, but they thought they'd be the ones to help." She didn't think Rayek would have much understanding for what Tess just said. But it was how she felt.

With the soft music playing, it became increasingly harder for Tess to stay awake. Dennix ... or had it been Jayce? ... had said that for the first time 10 minutes of feeding would be okay before she could take a rest. Even to stay awake those 10 minutes felt like a hard thing to do. But she managed it.

"Ciccino", Tess spoke softly, "can you take him, please?" She gently pulled Fvienn away and buttoned up her top. Fvienn didn't like that and began to wail. Tess knew it was normal but she couldn't help but feel horrible for making her baby cry. "Should I feed him a little longer?"

When Rayek was there to take Fvienn, Tess looked at the huge bed she was lying in. "Can you sit next to me?", she asked with a small smile on her face and shifted a little bit to make more space for Rayek. She just felt like being as close to both her husband and her baby as possible even while she slept.
Once Rayek was next to her, Tess moved to lean close against him. It was soothing to feel the warmth of his body, to be surrounded by the familiarity of his scent. She felt truly content right now. Expressing that with a soft sigh, it took her only about a minute and she drifted off into sleep, exhausted as she was.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: November 16, 2020, 06:03:02 pm »
Katra Station - Klingon Empire Embassy -> Tholian Embassy

Zex listened to her superior officer.  She did make some good points about the plausibility of the 'the ship was stolen' idea.  It ultimately would reflect badly on the Tholian's.

"I'll head back down right away.  Thank you for your time" Zex said.  She turned and headed back to the Tholian Embassy.

About 15 minutes later, she was back in her evo suit at the Tholian Embassy.  She greeted the 'receptionist' by name'  Then asked to see Eydis.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 06:32:07 pm by Zex »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Don Damien Addams

• Approved Applicants
  • Honoured Member
  • Test
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Three year award
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: November 16, 2020, 10:36:44 pm »
[USS Healy - Bridge]

[USS Healy - Bridge]

“Gladly will do it,” Kal had replied. It seem the two work very well. That could be interesting to see. Kal had raised his display console up and over his lap. He had brought the scan of the other. Ship to see the design.

First he knew appearance can be very deceiving but he knew the ability of Healy. They could not trust them. He found a file on the Thinkers ships.

“Just curious why are they called Thinkers?” He had to ask.

“You know we can play their game if they seem to be a threat. There is a maneuver where you can set the ship to a very fast leap. The Thinkers will see our ship at the old spot but we can be behind them and take them surprise,” he paused. “We can ask them stop where they are until we see what Captain Solluk.”

Kal had even wanted to see if there was a file on the Thinkers. Did they went on Trial for their crime? That was something he want to know.

Funny, he was starting to enjoying this mission. But he had not like this other party. It was to soon. If they were Klingons there would be a chance they be blown up for crossing the border. An enemy usually stays as an enemy until it’s dead.

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Three year award Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: November 16, 2020, 11:16:40 pm »

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

"If they respond in kind..." Solluk considered that, "... I suppose they'd assassinate me."

The Vulcan frowned, remembering that tense moment:  The fury that had filled Jada when he'd taken away her opportunity to assassinate Kurros, or do whatever else she'd had planned for the enigmatic alien. 

"One of our Security officers at the time had been driven half-mad by the Thinkers' actions.  Spent days on a Drecacon ship trying to free captured members of Katra's staff.  It was days of cat-and-mouse, murder in the halls of an alien ship.  She lost a cog or three along the way.  When we finally got our people out of there, and I ordered us away, she wanted to stay a few minutes longer to deal with the Thinkers' leader. 

Maybe I should have let her.  The year since then has been thick with Thinker plots against us.  They've used every method to infiltrate us and sabotage us. 

...but that's not who we are.  Even if it would have saved us trouble in the short term, I think allowing that officer to execute Kurros, or perform some other dark deed, would have made us into unsuitable people in the long term.  People unfit to shine light into the darkness.

I don't want to become monstrous while dealing with monsters."

He sometimes wondered where Jada was, nowadays.  Had she found peace?  Or had she found a way to wage her war against the Outer Dark with more brutality and effectiveness than Solluk had allowed?

He hoped it was the former.

"I feel almost certain that Kurros is not here with honest intentions.  But I also know that we only ever make peace with our enemies.  If I don't let him come here, I am throwing away any chance at peace between us, however small. 

And that, too, might make us into something other than what we aspire to be."

He cast his gaze down upon the deck, disturbed at the array of unsavory options before him.  He knew what was safe.  And he knew what he was supposed to do. 

Risk is our business.

"The Thinkers trade in ideas and technology.  Or they did, back when Voyager encountered one of their ships in the Delta quadrant."  It was an assumption that the vessel Voyager had encountered was a Thinkers vessel.  It was equally possible that the Thinkers had arisen after that encounter, as some evolution of a previous concept.

"More recently, we've learned that they've spent years kidnapping people to literally strip all knowledge from them.  Between their more 'ethical' trades and their immoral kidnapping and mind-pilfering, they must have amassed a huge omnipedia of information.  Even a Thinker shuttle might be dangerous, having technology beyond our current level of sophistication.  Even Kurros himself might carry some unfathomable knowledge, or some undetectable device.  Something that can make him dangerous despite being a single individual.

If I allow him to come here, Security will be your nightmare, Lieutenant."

He watched Wessex, looking for a sign that the man was prepared for such a challenge.  Some sign that the man didn't think Solluk was crazy for considering this.

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: November 17, 2020, 03:54:04 am »

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

Even if she'd have tried ... she couldn't keep the smile off her face when Rayek handed over baby Fvienn and help her to settle him for the breastfeeding. It was incredible how strong the bond already was after not even an hour. Her smile widened as she looked at their baby, holding him carefully in her arms.

The latching didn't want to work at the first attempt but that was to be expected. Tess was not worried or annoyed at all but patiently retried. A gentle touch at her forehead made her look up to her husband who looked at her lovingly. Right now pure love was what filled her life and she realized how grateful and happy she could be.

While she kept on listening to Rayek, Tess turned her attention back to Fvienn to get him to latch on properly. That Karinne made trouble was not a surprise to her. Neither was that Phara was very understanding of the situation. Still Tess couldn't help but feel bad. Fvienn finally latched on and began feeding which made Tess smile. When she looked to Rayek, the guilty feeling showed on her face. "I mean, I can understand that they are unhappy. I don't regret that you were here for his birth, but they thought they'd be the ones to help." She didn't think Rayek would have much understanding for what Tess just said. But it was how she felt.

With the soft music playing, it became increasingly harder for Tess to stay awake. Dennix ... or had it been Jayce? ... had said that for the first time 10 minutes of feeding would be okay before she could take a rest. Even to stay awake those 10 minutes felt like a hard thing to do. But she managed it.

"Ciccino", Tess spoke softly, "can you take him, please?" She gently pulled Fvienn away and buttoned up her top. Fvienn didn't like that and began to wail. Tess knew it was normal but she couldn't help but feel horrible for making her baby cry. "Should I feed him a little longer?"

When Rayek was there to take Fvienn, Tess looked at the huge bed she was lying in. "Can you sit next to me?", she asked with a small smile on her face and shifted a little bit to make more space for Rayek. She just felt like being as close to both her husband and her baby as possible even while she slept.
Once Rayek was next to her, Tess moved to lean close against him. It was soothing to feel the warmth of his body, to be surrounded by the familiarity of his scent. She felt truly content right now. Expressing that with a soft sigh, it took her only about a minute and she drifted off into sleep, exhausted as she was.

With music playing softly in the background while Tess fed the baby, Rayek sat and watched over his family.  He didn't want to make his wife uncomfortable with his watching so as much as possible he kept his eyes moving about the room; a familiar routine when in an unsafe area which this of course wasn't. Yet each time his glance fell on her with their son, he couldn't help but pause and feel a sense of wonder.  He almost cautioned himself that this was but an extension of the Numati delusion from nearly two years ago.

He focused on those senses he was certain no delusion could emulate.   Like the quiet - just barely heard over the gentle lullaby playing from his PADD - suckling noise of baby Fvienn nursing.  And the faint leftover smell of coppery blood in lingering in the air.  Tess would likely be spotting for the next several days as her body expelled the last remnants of the copper-based placenta that had miraculously nurtured their son for over 10 months.     

Tess' quiet voice instantly drew his attention as she asked for him to assist and take the baby.   
"Of course, e'lev"

Carefully supporting the baby's loose-necked head from behind, Rayek accepted Fvienn once more from Tess as the baby wailed.  Rayek gently rocked him.  "Let me try to settle him a moment." he answered Tess' worried question.  The Romulan knew from experience with infant siblings that  burping was often needed after a feeding.  So that's what Rayek tried.

He held the newborn against his chest then firmly tapped at Fvienn's back, encouraging the release of air from the infant's stomach - 'burping' him.  Nothing seemed to happen after the first 30 seconds, and for a moment Rayek worried that he was doing it wrong.  He rubbed at the baby's back and was suddenly rewarded by the baby giving just the tiniest of burps.  Rayek recalled belatedly that newborns were less likely to burp but that learning the technique early on was best so was glad that he'd tried it.  Satisfied that the one burp was enough, Rayek returned to Fvienn to a cradled arm carry.  Fvienn settled into a bit of doze almost immediately.

Expecting that Tess would want the baby bundled tight and kept secure in a bassinet while she slept, Rayek wheeled the medical version closer with one hand while he held Fvienn.  So it was a surprise to hear her ask him to join her on the bed.   

"Are you certain?" he started to ask but Tess was already disrupting her cozy nest of blankets to make room for him and the baby.   Abiding by her request, Rayek sat down in the space cleared.  Because his boots were near impossible to remove one handed, he remained atop the blanets, but twisted himself more towards Tess so that the baby could have the comforting presence of both parents.  Tess curled towards them and Rayek reach out a hand to brush against her cheek.  "I-jol au, e'lev.  Rest now. We will be here when you wake." Soothing lullabies continued to play on his PADD left behind at his chair.

Only after both mother and child had drifted to sleep did Rayek wish he'd thought to leave the PADD within arms reach. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 04:04:10 am by Rayek trLhoell »

Offline Tess tLhoell

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • I-jol au, ciccino
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: November 17, 2020, 09:13:01 am »
Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell

With music playing softly in the background while Tess fed the baby, Rayek sat and watched over his family.  He didn't want to make his wife uncomfortable with his watching so as much as possible he kept his eyes moving about the room; a familiar routine when in an unsafe area which this of course wasn't. Yet each time his glance fell on her with their son, he couldn't help but pause and feel a sense of wonder.  He almost cautioned himself that this was but an extension of the Numati delusion from nearly two years ago.

He focused on those senses he was certain no delusion could emulate.   Like the quiet - just barely heard over the gentle lullaby playing from his PADD - suckling noise of baby Fvienn nursing.  And the faint leftover smell of coppery blood in lingering in the air.  Tess would likely be spotting for the next several days as her body expelled the last remnants of the copper-based placenta that had miraculously nurtured their son for over 10 months.     

Tess' quiet voice instantly drew his attention as she asked for him to assist and take the baby.   
"Of course, e'lev"

Carefully supporting the baby's loose-necked head from behind, Rayek accepted Fvienn once more from Tess as the baby wailed.  Rayek gently rocked him.  "Let me try to settle him a moment." he answered Tess' worried question.  The Romulan knew from experience with infant siblings that  burping was often needed after a feeding.  So that's what Rayek tried.

He held the newborn against his chest then firmly tapped at Fvienn's back, encouraging the release of air from the infant's stomach - 'burping' him.  Nothing seemed to happen after the first 30 seconds, and for a moment Rayek worried that he was doing it wrong.  He rubbed at the baby's back and was suddenly rewarded by the baby giving just the tiniest of burps.  Rayek recalled belatedly that newborns were less likely to burp but that learning the technique early on was best so was glad that he'd tried it.  Satisfied that the one burp was enough, Rayek returned to Fvienn to a cradled arm carry.  Fvienn settled into a bit of doze almost immediately.

Expecting that Tess would want the baby bundled tight and kept secure in a bassinet while she slept, Rayek wheeled the medical version closer with one hand while he held Fvienn.  So it was a surprise to hear her ask him to join her on the bed.   

"Are you certain?" he started to ask but Tess was already disrupting her cozy nest of blankets to make room for him and the baby.   Abiding by her request, Rayek sat down in the space cleared.  Because his boots were near impossible to remove one handed, he remained atop the blanets, but twisted himself more towards Tess so that the baby could have the comforting presence of both parents.  Tess curled towards them and Rayek reach out a hand to brush against her cheek.  "I-jol au, e'lev.  Rest now. We will be here when you wake." Soothing lullabies continued to play on his PADD left behind at his chair.

Only after both mother and child had drifted to sleep did Rayek wish he'd thought to leave the PADD within arms reach.

"I-jol au", were the last words she murmured already half asleep, snuggled up against Rayek.

The next two hours, Tess was fast asleep. So fast that she didn't hear Dennix entering the delivery room twice to check on the small family. The Denobulan registered that mother and child were getting some rest and he asked Rayek if Tess had managed to breastfeed the baby for a moment before sleeping. Satisfied with the answer Dennix smiled at the new Romulan father and since he was 'bound' to the bed he offered to get him anything he might need so Rayek wouldn't need to worry about waking Fvienn or Tess.

Since Tess should feed the newborn every two to three hours in the first 24 hours, when Dennix entered the room a third time, he walked over to Tess' side to wake her.

Woken instantly by the unfamiliar touch, Tess blinked her eyes open and the first thing her eyes were seeking was her baby, which she found still being held by her husband who had not moved from her side at all.

"Time to feed Fvienn", Dennix spoke softly. "How do you feel?"

"Tired", she admitted. "But I'm good." Tess sat up a little straighter and leaned close to Rayek to gaze at her son. Her heart clenched with happiness. "Did he sleep the whole time?", she asked Rayek, unable to keep the smile off her face. She would think that the tiniest noise of her newborn would have woken her, so she anticipated an affirmitive. Her gaze then wandered from her son up to the face of her husband. "You can give him to me now, I have to feed him anyways", she said softly. While she was sure Rayek would not mind at all to hold his son the whole day, it must have become a little uncomfortable to remain in the same pose while making sure to hold the baby properly.

Taking Fvienn from Rayek, Tess' smile widened once more as she carefully positioned him for the next round of breastfeeding. "Hello my beautiful darling", Tess cooed as she took in the finest details of her baby's face.
Tess hesitated only briefly to feed her baby in front of Dennix but that hesitance lasted only briefly. He  had seen other things from her and additionally to that he was a professional and she was a doctor herself, to feel shame was unnecessary.

Trying it for the second time to get Fvienn to latch on, with Dennix now present he was able to give some advice and there - she managed a little better this time. While Tess was nursing the little boy, Dennix cleared his throat quietly.

"The Romulan ladies still wait outside. And I believe they become a little impatient now." In fact, he had been asked by Karinne almost every time he walked by the small group when they would finally be allowed to enter. "It is your choice of course, but I feel like they wait for some feedback. Tess' and little Fvienn's well-being is most important, so if you don't feel like seeing them, I might send them away and tell them to come back later."

Tess looked up from Fvienn who was suckling peacefully in her arms. She glanced at Rayek to get an idea of his thoughts on the matter. She had already felt bad for having made them wait outside while they should have been in here with her during the labor and delivery. And she genuinely wanted to appreciate the Romulan tradition properly. "I feel good to see them now. They have waited long enough", she said with a hint of pity for them.

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Offline Paul Wessex

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2020, 10:05:42 am »

If I allow him to come here, Security will be your nightmare, Lieutenant."

He watched Wessex, looking for a sign that the man was prepared for such a challenge.  Some sign that the man didn't think Solluk was crazy for considering this.

The detail that Captain Solluk referred to him took Wessex back a bit - not that he'd let it show. A tale of raw emotion, someone taken to their edge of reason, to the limits of their civility. He'd heard of this Jada, and her name continued to be respected among the Security teams, but it was only now that he really had a sense of her ferocity. A ferocity that stripped away what it meant to not just be StarFleet, but someone from within the society of the Federation. He'd seen such terror and struggle to survive before - below the ocean, pressure came in many guises.

Someone who had toyed with the mind, even soul, of an individual to that extent was a dangerous individual indeed. And calling themselves a 'Thinker' probably wasn't just clumsy narcissism. Sure, it was arrogance in the extreme, but likely that even hearing the title was the first bite from an eel that had plenty more appetite left.

But when Solluk asked whether he was ready, Wessex had to smile. He wanted to say I've sat at my post while a hull was slowing crushing around me. I've been swallowed by a Lucian Leviathan while only in an exodive suit. I've sat, abanonded and alone, at the bottom of an ocean of liquid crystal with power to my 'scaphe no longer even able to warm me.

He wanted to say all that. To show his Commanding Officer that he had faced nightmares, even relived them from time to time, but come out the other side. But instead he found the perfect words to communicate his readiness from one officer to his senior.

"Aye sir." And followed it with a small, confident smile.

Not wanting to take up too much time of the Captain, he risked monopolising Solluk for a moment longer as something came to mind. "Sir. Someone once told me that if you were not good at chess, the best chance to defeat a grand master was not to play chess at all." Well, close enough; it was a long time ago.

He crossed his arms, and pulled an expression of conspiracy. "I have an idea..."

Offline Solluk

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Legendary Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Three year award Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2020, 12:22:08 pm »

Solluk's eyebrows arched in curiosity at Wessex's curious statement. 

"By all means, Lieutenant, I'd like to hear this idea of yours."

He was cognizant that the crew of the Healy was likely grappling with the same issues, and were waiting for direction from him before making a decision about what to say to Kurros.  Although, there was some doubt that the Healy could even make an effective intercept if they chose to do so.  At Warp 9.99, that Thinkers 'shuttle' was able to run circles around all but the fastest Federation vessels.  He wondered what advancement of subspace technology allowed them to achieve such speeds in so small a vessel with a presumably tiny powerplant.  Had they developed it?  Bought it?  Stolen it from the minds of captives?

However they'd acquired it, they were clearly a generation ahead of Starfleet in terms of technology.   Solluk wondered how Wessex proposed to beat this particular chessmaster.

[Nimbus III, Planet of Galactic Peace]

"Are you looking for a freighter?" He called out from afar.

Krelys eyed the man as he approached.  He seemed just as wary as she.  Good.  That was exactly the quality she needed in a freighter Captain.  Careful.  Cautious.

Anyone too trusting couldn't be counted on to be clever.  Unfortunately, the sorts of people who were clever enough for this kind of job could also be clever enough to find ways to double-cross you.

"No.  I'm looking for the right freighter.  You must be Captain Moreno.  Argalis says you can be trusted to haul precious cargo, and to keep your mouth shut.  If both of those things are true, I think we can do business."

She eyed him, trying to pierce the veil of flesh and see into his very soul.  Unfortunately, that was not a gift granted to her by the Great Bird.  She'd have to go with gut instinct, instead.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:18:54 pm by Solluk »
My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Offline Eydis

• Approved Applicants
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: November 17, 2020, 02:58:46 pm »
[Tholian embassy] Eydis would crawl across the ceiling of the reception hall and look down at the deltan. Giving a soft tilt to hir head as shi observed zex. It caused hir thought space that something was troubling hir friend. Is there something wrong my friend? Shi would scuttle down the side of the wall and onto the floor.

Offline Finn Moreno

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2020, 04:44:48 pm »
[Nimbus III, Planet of Galactic Peace - Finn Moreno]
As he got closer, Finn could tell that the figure in the red cloak was female. The gorgeous kind. That was a pleasant surprise because usually he had to deal with mostly ugly employers. Not that it mattered. Perhaps her beauty should have made him weary but he was momentarily blinded by it.

As he recovered he answered. "I am. Argalis knows what they are talking about!" He smiled a little because it was nice to know that he had made a name for himself, even out here. "Who's asking?"
Of course keeping your mouth shut always meant a certain level of danger and probably better pay.
"Why don't we find a shadier place and  you tell me more about the cargo and who might be wanting to ask me questions about it. It's always nice to know what I might be running into."

He briefly scanned the area and found a couple of rocks not too far away, that could provide the much needed shade.
"Are you personally looking for a freighter or your employer?"

Offline Kirok

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Triumphant Member
  • Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2020, 07:12:46 pm »
[Tholian embassy]

Zex had put on the crystal lattis devise on hear bare head before putting on her evo suit.  The devise allowed to access the lattis system the Tholian's used to communicate.  It was a gift she had received while visiting Tholia.

She liked it because it was pretty.  It looked like a crystal crown and made her feel special.  Like the princess she dreamed of growing up to be s a child.

The side effect, it seemed, of tapping into the lattis system was that she could hear the tone of their voices.  And they could hear the tone of hears.  Thus, the ability to better understand the other emotions came as a result which seemed to be happening at this moment in time.

Her shoulders slumped.  She failed like she had failed.  "Yes, you guessed correctly, Eydis friend of Zex.  My superiour officer does not believe the 'pirates stole the ship' idea will be believable by the Empire or anyone else.  Thus, everyone would likely think you responsible for it's disappearance" the Deltan said honestly.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Offline Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: November 18, 2020, 03:51:01 am »
Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

"I-jol au", were the last words she murmured already half asleep, snuggled up against Rayek.

The next two hours, Tess was fast asleep. So fast that she didn't hear Dennix entering the delivery room twice to check on the small family. The Denobulan registered that mother and child were getting some rest and he asked Rayek if Tess had managed to breastfeed the baby for a moment before sleeping. Satisfied with the answer Dennix smiled at the new Romulan father and since he was 'bound' to the bed he offered to get him anything he might need so Rayek wouldn't need to worry about waking Fvienn or Tess.

Since Tess should feed the newborn every two to three hours in the first 24 hours, when Dennix entered the room a third time, he walked over to Tess' side to wake her.

Tess' murmured 'I love you' in his native Rihanssu as she drifted off to sleep widened Rayek's already contented smile.   He spent much of the first hour alternating his gaze between Tess and their son, Fvienn.   It was only when the door to the room began to open that Rayek became aware of just how restricted in movement he actually was with the baby in his arms and Tess half curled atop him.   He looked over sharply as a figure entered then relaxed a bit noting it was Dennix.   

With his one free hand he gestured a finger to his lips to indicate to be silent yet gestured the man further in.  He recognized that the doula was here to check on the health of Tess and the baby.  They spoke in whispers.  Rayek informing the doula how there had been a bit of difficulty encountered in getting the latch the first time.

When asked if there was anything he needed, Rayek indicated his PADD and the Denobulan brought it to Rayek who laid it out on his lap for getting updates on the Klingon situation later after the doula left.

The first thing Rayek did was to send out the pic of Fvienn to those he considered closest.  His Vulcan 'brother' Solluk, his former love-interest who was still a dear friend even if it was awkward Saqa7, his counselors Beja and Miss Judy, Doc Vaughan and his former Captain Dylan Torngate. 

The image was sent with a brief announcement of the baby's name - Fvienn ir'Katra tr'Lhoell - and the date and time of birth: Oct 17th 11:15 AM or Stardate 75793.06.   In addition, Rayek requested that the image not be distributed widely.  Those who knew him best would recognize it as an quirk of his paranoia - worried that the picture might fall into the 'wrong hand'. 

It was exactly that reason that Rayek held off sending the same announcements to Hrafn and to Lek.  Hrafn, instead received a message indicating that they should get together soon.  He made no mention of the baby in the message however since he knew she was headed into Romulan territory.   Informing Lek would be much more problematic. 

Any signal he sent to the Discovery while it was in Romulan territory would have to go through Romulan subspace buoys which Rayek knew for a fact were monitored by Tal'Shiar.   He couldn't risk his message being intercepted.  Informing Lek would have to wait... unless maybe Hrafn would be willing to carry the message to him directly.  There was still a risk that the message could be found, if she were held for some invented crimes and then searched but it was a much less likely scenario.

He would need to think on the idea more.

After sending out his messages, Rayek, read through the engineering updates on embassy build.  Things were progressing there nicely.  He then moved on to ship movements and that was where things got interesting.  A fast approaching ship... that was recently identified as being Kurros from Thinkers Inc.  Rayek tamped down on a spur of fear.   Only Tess’ presence sleeping at his side and that of the baby in his arms kept Rayek in place.   If Kurros was allowed to approach the station, there was much the Romulan needed to do to prepare. 

Which Rayek did over the course of the next two hours.  Rayek informed Solluk of his preparations and let him know that he was ‘on call’ should he be needed.  Dennix’ third check-in and waking of Tess to feed the baby was timed almost perfectly for when the Thinker shuttle was due to arrive.

As Tess smiled up at him sleepily, Rayek dreaded having to tell her about the Thinker presence so near to home.  So for the moment he kept quiet.  He had his PADD’s notifications on silent being sent to his earbud so he’d know when Kurros arrived.   

He had also tied his PADD into the security channels so that all comm activity among the security would filter through his PADD.   The filter would ping his notification on anything mentioning, Thinkers, Kurros, Klingons, Tholias, Republic of Kahless, Embassy or any message flagged priority.    He would be able to skim through all the mundane messages at a later time but for now Rayek was choosing to split his attention.   

Woken instantly by the unfamiliar touch, Tess blinked her eyes open and the first thing her eyes were seeking was her baby, which she found still being held by her husband who had not moved from her side at all.

"Time to feed Fvienn", Dennix spoke softly. "How do you feel?"

"Tired", she admitted. "But I'm good." Tess sat up a little straighter and leaned close to Rayek to gaze at her son. Her heart clenched with happiness. "Did he sleep the whole time?", she asked Rayek, unable to keep the smile off her face. She would think that the tiniest noise of her newborn would have woken her, so she anticipated an affirmative. Her gaze then wandered from her son up to the face of her husband. "You can give him to me now, I have to feed him anyways", she said softly. While she was sure Rayek would not mind at all to hold his son the whole day, it must have become a little uncomfortable to remain in the same pose while making sure to hold the baby properly.

Taking Fvienn from Rayek, Tess' smile widened once more as she carefully positioned him for the next round of breastfeeding. "Hello my beautiful darling", Tess cooed as she took in the finest details of her baby's face.
Tess hesitated only briefly to feed her baby in front of Dennix but that hesitance lasted only briefly. He  had seen other things from her and additionally to that he was a professional and she was a doctor herself, to feel shame was unnecessary.

Trying it for the second time to get Fvienn to latch on, with Dennix now present he was able to give some advice and there - she managed a little better this time. While Tess was nursing the little boy, Dennix cleared his throat quietly.

"The Romulan ladies still wait outside. And I believe they become a little impatient now." In fact, he had been asked by Karinne almost every time he walked by the small group when they would finally be allowed to enter. "It is your choice of course, but I feel like they wait for some feedback. Tess' and little Fvienn's well-being is most important, so if you don't feel like seeing them, I might send them away and tell them to come back later."

Tess looked up from Fvienn who was suckling peacefully in her arms. She glanced at Rayek to get an idea of his thoughts on the matter. She had already felt bad for having made them wait outside while they should have been in here with her during the labor and delivery. And she genuinely wanted to appreciate the Romulan tradition properly. "I feel good to see them now. They have waited long enough", she said with a hint of pity for them.

With Tess now awake, he watched her as she answered the Denobulan doula about how she felt.   Her own question to him was answered with a nod.  ”Yes, he slept straight through.”

At her request, he carefully handed over the baby and then let Dennix instruct Tess on how to improve Fvienn’s latch.   Rayek quietly observed in case it was something he might need to remind her about.    The advice helped and soon Fvienn was nursing much more effectively as was evidenced by rather loud (for his size) grunting and gulping sounds the infant made while feeding.    It was so adorable!

The topic of the Romulan women had Rayek grimacing.  But knew that this was important to Tess.  Well perhaps he had a solution for both this situation and his work. E’lev if Phara and the others will be here to assist you while doing the H’dl Aefvadh  perhaps you will permit me to slip away briefly to attend some duties?  If I stay, Karinne will be more sour than if I gave her time with just you women.  Are you okay with that?” 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 03:52:43 am by Rayek trLhoell »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles