S2 M10 - Advenæ

Started by Solluk, October 20, 2020, 03:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solluk

USS Healy - On intercept course for unknown sensor contact

Ensign Oloze nodded at her orders and transmitted a standard greeting across all subspace frequencies.

"Standard greeting sent, Sir."

The minutes ticked by as they waited for the subspace message to reach its destination.  Even if the inbound ship received the message, there was no guarantee they would know how to decipher it.  Indeed, there was no way of even being sure if these unknown aliens used subspace radio for communications.

But after about a quarter of an hour, the Ensign's console lit up with a notification.

"We're receiving a message from them, Sir.   I'll put it on-screen.  We're not in live communications range, yet.   So this is a non-interactive transmission."

"Greetings.  My name is Kurros, and I am the Chief Executive Officer of Thinkers, Incorporated.  You visited our planetoid recently.  It seemed overdue that I return the favor.  I am approaching the Trialus system under the flag of peace, hoping to engage in diplomatic negotiations.  My vessel is an unarmed high-speed shuttle.  I hope you may be willing to receive me."

Ensign Oloze swiveled in her chair, "Sirs, I have reference data on the Thinkers if you need it.  We've had encounters with them before."

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Rayek trLhoell

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - Labor and Delivery Unit] (October 17th)

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on November 13, 2020, 05:57:31 PM

NPC Rahul Skuyanhjin/NPC Tamonar Skuyanhjin/NPC Lt. Fabiano Moreno (Science)

[Katra Station - Deck 22 - LDU Waiting area] (October 17th)

After they had been somewhat assured that there was nothing to worry about, it was not long after that when the doors opened once more and Keshara and Ensign Kumar emerged from the room. Fabiano stood up and looked at the doctor curious, suspecting he might have helped Tess with the child birth. Kumar was grinning widely and didn't really want to spit it out, then the doors opened once more and Fabiano's eyes went wide at seeing the small bundle in Rayek's arms.

"Mamma mia", he breathed with a stunned smile and it didn't take long for Rahul's and Tamonar's attention to be directed at Rayek too. "This was quick!" He had expected to wait at least three times as long. "Was it a normal birth or did the tech help? Is Tess alright?" Though he doubted Rayek would leave her side if she wasn't okay. He then stepped closer, flanked by Rahul and Tamonar to take a look at the minutes-old baby. A thin layer of dark hair covered the little head.

Rahul smiled widely for the first time in a month. "What's his name?", he asked, his eyes glued to the little boy. "He's got Tess' nose!"

Tamonar seemed to hold himself back a little. He just looked at the newborn baby with a small fond smile.

Rayek had difficulty tearing his glance away from the babe in his arms but he managed to do so to answer Fabiano's question.   "Tess is fine.  The delivery was in no way 'easy' as you likely heard..."  Because of he was away on mission for 3 months, Rayek had missed the tour of the LDU with Dennix, where the Denobulan explained that the waiting delivery room was sound-proofed so as not to alarm those who were waiting. "But Tess was amazing throughout."

When asked his name, Rayek angled himself slightly so to better present the baby to the whole room.  "Fvienn ir'Katra tr'Lhoell."  He knew the Romulan ladies would recognized the meaning of the name but Tess' father and siblings, not likely.  "Fvienn means 'strength' or 'force'"

He then looked towards Phara.  "Our time out here is short, the doctor wants both Tess and the baby to rest for a bit before they are allow any visitors beyond this brief introduction.  The H'dl Aefvadh will have to wait until afterwards."

Phara and Karinne had both stood up from their seats not long after Rayek's entrance with the baby, yet Phara held back Karinne from interrupting while the family went to peer at the infant first.   At Rayek's explanation, Phara nodded accepting.  "Of course."

But Karinne was a bit more vocal of her displeasure. "You expect us to wait?!  It's bad enough that we, the Community of Mothers, were denied being a part of what traditionally should be our role.  I was against it when you first stated you intended to break tradition by being witness to the birth.. but then you dared keep us from assisting?" the elderly Romulan woman's voice had an accusatory tone to it.

"Mother Karinne! That's quite enough - you embarrass us." Phara tried to intervene, attempting to pull the older woman away.  Yet Karinne wasn't done talking.

"You say the birthing was difficult.  We could have helped her through that. We have each been there and could have guided and supported her so much better than you."

The woman's words stung, because a part of Rayek felt that perhaps Tess may have fared better with their guidance.   But the fact was the decision had been made by Tess - not him.

"Now you would deny us a timely H'dl Aefvadh?  What are you afraid of?  Is there some deformity you seek to hide from us?"

Her words prompted a protective urge in Rayek, and he answered back feeling a swell of anger towards the Romulan elder.  "Be grateful I allow you here at all, lhhei."  Though he addressed her respectfully, his tone as he spoke it was rather sarcastic.  He turned his attention to Phara.  "I will not permit her to upset Tess either she minds her tongue or I will cancel the H'dl Aefvadh altogether!" he declared sharply, his voice raising slightly, though he belatedly lowered it when it seemed to  startle the baby.   He rocked slightly to settle him down again.

There was a collective gasp from the other two Romulan women - Reela, Ensign tr'Hava's young wife.. and Caleema, the widow t'Thraiin off whom Tess had purchased his necklace, who had briefly left to scatter her husbands ashes presumably somewhere amid the former Empire but then returned.

Even Tess' brothers were looking at him surprised.  Fabiano not so much.  Tess' father knew just how protective of Tess, Rayek could be.

NPC Ensign Darek tr'Hava
[USS Healy - Engineering]

Quote from: L'mar Camili Rhade on November 13, 2020, 09:42:40 AM

[ Ensign L'mar Rhade ] | [ USS Healy - Main Engineering ]

Nosy Romulans, Rhade mused, though far less then humans and some other species that were part of the Federation. He was done at the Master Systems Display and nodded towards the systems table in the middle of the room as he answered. "No I am not celebrrrating anything." L'mar said, "my parrrents were parrrt of a culturrral exchange with the Dominion, orrr maybe jussst some of the Dominion memberrrsss. They "˜killed two birrrdsss with one ssstone', asss my fatherrr putsss it, and got to visssit me at the sssame time."

His tail flicked a little sharper as he was focusing on the feeling of the desynchronisation. It seemed to be getting a tad worse, only a little. Maybe it was his proximity to the warp core that the two sensations were conflicting. That's when Darek asked about drills or maintenance, Rhade thought of Lieutenant Goodspeed. "I have sssomething I want to check out. Did Lieutenant Goodssspeed leave any inssstrrructionsss or a ssschedule behind to go by?" L'mar asked.

Darek nodded at Rhade's explanation.  "Cultural exchange with the Dominion sounds as if it would be rather daunting."

At the Caitian's question regarding instruction or schedule, Darek shook his head.  "No, Lt. Goodspeed said nothing directly to me about any plans."

He gave Rhade a curious look.  "What do you have in mind?"

NPC Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Khan
[USS Healy - Deck One - Bridge]

Quote from: Solluk on November 14, 2020, 01:52:12 AM

Ensign Oloze nodded at her orders and transmitted a standard greeting across all subspace frequencies.

The minutes ticked by as they waited for the subspace message to reach its destination.  Even if the inbound ship received the message, there was no guarantee they would know how to decipher it.  Indeed, there was no way of even being sure if these unknown aliens used subspace radio for communications.

But after about a quarter of an hour, the Ensign's console lit up with a notification.

"We're receiving a message from them, Sir.   I'll put it on-screen.  We're not in live communications range, yet.   So this is a non-interactive transmission."

"Greetings.  My name is Kurros, and I am the Chief Executive Officer of Thinkers, Incorporated.  You visited our planetoid recently.  It seemed overdue that I return the favor.  I am approaching the Trialus system under the flag of peace, hoping to engage in diplomatic negotiations.  My vessel is an unarmed high-speed shuttle.  I hope you may be willing to receive me."

Ensign Oloze swiveled in her chair, "Sirs, I have reference data on the Thinkers if you need it.  We've had encounters with them before."

Saqa7 hearing the name Kurros, looked over in alarm. She had thought she had moved on and forgotten about that terrible time but her spike of adrenaline told her otherwise.

"Captain, it was Kurros and Thinkers Inc. who kidnapped many of us... who cloned those he captured.  We can't trust him!" she blurted out almost in panic.  While Rayek, Tess, Jessica and Hrafn had all been captured and held for a month, Saqa7 had been the Thinker's prisoner for close to 3 and for most of that time she hadn't had her shipmates, just the Karemma transport crew that she'd been captured along with. It had been a very long and terrible time for her.

The normally peaceful woman had almost wished that Jada hadn't been forced to release the man.  It wasn't just her own capture or those of her Katra crewmates that earned the man her complete hatred.  She blamed him for the loss of her wife years earlier.  Their ship the Nereid had been lured into a trap, with all but a handful of crew slaughtered by the same species that hunted them for the Thinkers, the Drecacon.   The survivors had banded together to survive and just when it seemed that rescue was on it's way the warriors attacked again and Jureena had sacrificed herself to hold them off long enough for Saqa7 and the others to be retrieved.

Saqa7 hated the Drecacon, and she hated those that had likely called for the attack in the first place - the Thinkers.

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Tess tLhoell

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell
[Katra Station - Deck 22 - LDU] (October 17th)

Dealing with the afterbirth was not as painful, exhausting or scary than the actual birth and Tess was quite relaxed as much as it was possible. Jayce then used cellular micro-suture to help heal the wounds in Tess' womb that the birth had caused, especially where the placenta had been shed from the uterine wall. After that the hermaphrodite closed the cut she had made previously at Tess' perineum with an auto-suture device. Nowadays it was laser-based and worked by stimulating the person's own anabolism to heal the surgical wound. That allowed a far quicker recovery after the birth than it had taken for women who had to let it heal without such stimulation.

While Tess was helped by both Jayce and Dennix to clean herself up and move to the bed provided in the delivery room, Tess started to be reminiscent of the labor phase and suddenly started to become a little embarrassed. "Did I scream at Rayek or is that just my imagination?", she asked Jayce. "Was the councilwoman Keshara really in here the whole time?" When she had been 'on it' she hadn't really cared but had been too preoccupied with dealing with the pain and pushing the baby out of her body. But now all of it reached her clearer than before.

Tess sighed quitely as she lay back in the cushions. She was extremely tired. But there was no way she could sleep now. She needed to see her baby - she had a baby now! It was finally there!
She looked to Jayce and Dennix. "Could you please let Rayek know we're ready here? And I know, you said we need rest now, but ... would it be possible for my dad and my brothers to join me here? I'm sure they would be considerate of the situation and not be loud or wild." She wanted to see her baby, but the fact that her brothers from Ba'ku were here on the station had not settled in yet.

NPC Rahul Skuyanhjin / NPC Tamonar Skuyanhjin / NPC Lt. Fabiano Moreno (Science)

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on November 14, 2020, 06:17:24 AM

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell

Rayek had difficulty tearing his glance away from the babe in his arms but he managed to do so to answer Fabiano's question.   "Tess is fine.  The delivery was in no way 'easy' as you likely heard..."  Because of he was away on mission for 3 months, Rayek had missed the tour of the LDU with Dennix, where the Denobulan explained that the waiting delivery room was sound-proofed so as not to alarm those who were waiting. "But Tess was amazing throughout."

When asked his name, Rayek angled himself slightly so to better present the baby to the whole room.  "Fvienn ir'Katra tr'Lhoell."  He knew the Romulan ladies would recognized the meaning of the name but Tess' father and siblings, not likely.  "Fvienn means 'strength' or 'force'"

He then looked towards Phara.  "Our time out here is short, the doctor wants both Tess and the baby to rest for a bit before they are allow any visitors beyond this brief introduction.  The H'dl Aefvadh will have to wait until afterwards."

Phara and Karinne had both stood up from their seats not long after Rayek's entrance with the baby, yet Phara held back Karinne from interrupting while the family went to peer at the infant first.   At Rayek's explanation, Phara nodded accepting.  "Of course."

But Karinne was a bit more vocal of her displeasure. "You expect us to wait?!  It's bad enough that we, the Community of Mothers, were denied being a part of what traditionally should be our role.  I was against it when you first stated you intended to break tradition by being witness to the birth.. but then you dared keep us from assisting?" the elderly Romulan woman's voice had an accusatory tone to it.

"Mother Karinne! That's quite enough - you embarrass us." Phara tried to intervene, attempting to pull the older woman away.  Yet Karinne wasn't done talking.

"You say the birthing was difficult.  We could have helped her through that. We have each been there and could have guided and supported her so much better than you."

The woman's words stung, because a part of Rayek felt that perhaps Tess may have fared better with their guidance.   But the fact was the decision had been made by Tess - not him.

"Now you would deny us a timely H'dl Aefvadh?  What are you afraid of?  Is there some deformity you seek to hide from us?"

Her words prompted a protective urge in Rayek, and he answered back feeling a swell of anger towards the Romulan elder.  "Be grateful I allow you here at all, lhhei."  Though he addressed her respectfully, his tone as he spoke it was rather sarcastic.  He turned his attention to Phara.  "I will not permit her to upset Tess either she minds her tongue or I will cancel the H'dl Aefvadh altogether!" he declared sharply, his voice raising slightly, though he belatedly lowered it when it seemed to  startle the baby.   He rocked slightly to settle him down again.

There was a collective gasp from the other two Romulan women - Reela, Ensign tr'Hava's young wife.. and Caleema, the widow t'Thraiin off whom Tess had purchased his necklace, who had briefly left to scatter her husbands ashes presumably somewhere amid the former Empire but then returned.

Even Tess' brothers were looking at him surprised.  Fabiano not so much.  Tess' father knew just how protective of Tess, Rayek could be.

All three of them were relieved to hear that Tess was okay. In response to Rayek's assumption anything that had happened in the delivery room had been carried outside of said room, Tamonar replied, "We didn't hear anything." He then smiled, wrinkles showing more permanently on his aged face. "But it's inspiring to hear that Tess managed it well."

When Rayek revealed the name for the baby, Fabiano smiled and carefully reached his hand out to rub the tiny hand that was balled into a fist. "Benvenuto in questo mondo, nipote mio. Non vedo l'ora di conoscerti." (*Welcome to this world, my grandson. I can't wait to get to know you.) This was really exciting for Fabiano, too. He didn't have children of his own. He didn't know what it was like to be a 'real' dad. To hold a baby in your arms that was your own flesh and blood. While this baby here wasn't his flesh and blood either, it still didn't make a difference. This was his grandson and he was overjoyed.

Rahul, still overwhelmed by the whole situation - seeing his nephew ... and being surrounded by so many different species and languages - was about to ask Rayek if he could hold the baby for a moment, but the Romulan explained that the baby and Tess would need to rest first. Which he understood. What he didn't understood was what Rayek was talking about now. Hadl afad? He frowned and look over at Tamonar questioningly, but he who had been a guide and able to give explanations for everything strange he had encountered on the way here, looked just as clueless as he was.

When Rayek spoke to the Romulan woman, Fabiano, Rahul and Tamonar turned around to look at the group of women. One of them - no doubt the eldest - spoke up and seemed to be rather upset. Rahul was able to put as much together that those women belonged to the same species as Rayek and apparently they had wanted to support Tess during the birth. Not only wanted it, but spoke as if it had been their duty or right taken away from them. When the old, rather fierce sounding woman spoke of deformities though, Rahul was bewildered. What was going on.

To make matters worse, Rayek became upset too. Obviously he was not pleased at all with his own people here. Rahul stared at Rayek wide-eyed when he raised his voice. Tamonar was not as wide-eyed, but still surprised.

Fabiano hesitated briefly, unsure if he should interfere in a dispute about Romulan culture. Rayek had made his position quite clear. In any case it wasn't good for the baby to be in the middle of that dispute. He looked to Rayek and gave him a reassuring smile. "Tess' and the baby's well-being is most important right now."

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Solluk on November 14, 2020, 01:52:12 AM

[USS Healy - Bridge]

Incorporated. That just sounded odd as he read it. It had made him think of Feringi. Companies like to make profit. Self centered and work for a boss. The people or the citizen are like their servants possible to be paid. What business are they in for? Hmm.

They can claim they are unarmed but there was way to overcome a ship without weapons. Tractor beams, shields and possible engines can be modify to become a weapon. That he was his thinking. The trust does not come easy. It is earned.

Saqa7 hearing the name Kurros, looked over in alarm. She had thought she had moved on and forgotten about that terrible time but her spike of adrenaline told her otherwise.

"Captain, it was Kurros and Thinkers Inc. who kidnapped many of us... who cloned those he captured.  We can't trust him!" she blurted out almost in panic.  While Rayek, Tess, Jessica and Hrafn had all been captured and held for a month, Saqa7 had been the Thinker's prisoner for close to 3 and for most of that time she hadn't had her shipmates, just the Karemma transport crew that she'd been captured along with. It had been a very long and terrible time for her.

The normally peaceful woman had almost wished that Jada hadn't been forced to release the man.  It wasn't just her own capture or those of her Katra crewmates that earned the man her complete hatred.  She blamed him for the loss of her wife years earlier.  Their ship the Nereid had been lured into a trap, with all but a handful of crew slaughtered by the same species that hunted them for the Thinkers, the Drecacon.   The survivors had banded together to survive and just when it seemed that rescue was on it's way the warriors attacked again and Jureena had sacrificed herself to hold them off long enough for Saqa7 and the others to be retrieved.

Saqa7 hated the Drecacon, and she hated those that had likely called for the attack in the first place - the Thinkers.

Kal hands tightened on the arm rest of the XO chair. His knuckles turned white. CLONES! Such illegal. Robbing an identity of another.

The man had to take a few to calm his nerves from over taking his judgment. Then he saw once again he was steering this show to keep it forward. Not wanting to have these 'guest' waiting.

"Oh is that so?" He said leaning back trying to look cool and calm. "What side of space did this happen?" He asked. "Captain Solluk and Commander Rayek aware of this?"

Hrafn Falleg

[Replimat - Present day]

[NPC Dr. Anth McCutcheon, Daystrom Scientist]

Anth sat chewing thoughtfully on a chicken drumstick, like it required serious thought processes to actually bite and chew.

He was totally lost in his own thoughts and reading through some research on the PADD in front of him, watching people come and go and making mental notes on some of the actions of various species.  'Really I should go to the Promenade and sit there in a cafe or a bar, but would that be 'allowed' when technically on duty?...' he thought to himself.

Pressing a few buttons on the PADD he brought up the 'To Do' List that Lt. Falleg had left him, including watering her plants, making sure she wished Dr. Yona a happy birthday on 9th November and keeping an eye on an experiment just 'Don't let it be blue!, if it's blue tell PO3 Nye' ... he wasn't sure what it was, but he knew what it was supposed to not be... he supposed that was useful.

What he could really use was a friend on the station.  He had one sort of... but she, Hrafn wasn't currently on the station!  He supposed he should make himself known to the rest of the Science Department, but he'd do that when he was down there anyway, right now he was, technically on a break but working at the same time.

His PADD pinged with an incoming written message.  It was from Sally, his sister at the Academy.

TO: Dr. A. McCutcheon
RE: Christmas

Hey you!

Just checking that you got to Katra Station ok and that it's still ok for me to hitch a ride with Ruthie via a stop over with her grandparents on DS9.  Can't wait to see you.

Huggles!

Your pest of a little sister,

Sal x

~ MESSAGE ENDS ~

Well that was Sally for you...short and sweet just like her.  He hit to reply and chuckled as he did so.

TO:  Cadet S. McCutcheon
Re: Christmas

Hi Trouble!

Just to let you know Ruthie's mother, Lt. Falleg-Tekin is headed that direction to visit her husband and is intending picking up Ruthie, and you, on her way back.  Yes she already knows about you being with Ruthie, since Ruthie asked her permission to travel with you.  All AOK so don't panic about that and while I ask that you be respectful, she is a senior officer, Lt. Falleg-Tekin is fun and will have her other children with you so might be nice to offer to watch the kids for her for a while so she can take a nap or catch up with paperwork or something on the way back.

Can't wait to see you, we'll have some fun once you get here!  They have a bowling alley!!

See you soon!

Your pain of a big bro!

Anth xx

~ MESSAGE ENDS ~

He hit send and then mused.  He only really lived for Sally these days, but he seriously was hoping he found someone to talk to soon, in the meantime he watched two Dord who were obviously not working chatting to one another and tried to figure out some of their mannerisms and body language.  So far he hadn't sussed any of it for certain!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote from: Tess tLhoell on November 13, 2020, 05:57:31 PM

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

[Katra Station - Deck 22 - CMO's office] (October 21st)

When Hrafn complimented her child, saying that he was gorgeous, Tess couldn't help but grin proudly. "Thank you for saying so." She watched interested when Hrafn offered her finger to the baby - and sure enough, the tiny hand opened and the small fingeres curled around her big one.

Hrafn then announced gifts for them and Tess' face lighted up. "Oh that's so sweet of you!" She took the basket from Hrafn and looked at it, trying to figure out all the items that were in there. "Thank you so much! I'm gonna open it with Rayek later." She listened as Hrafn explained what item was for who and Tess chuckled when she said she's got some alcohol for them. "That is really something I have missed. We have a bottle or two of sunerry wine from our wedding in our quarters that are untouched as yet", she giggled.

When she told her of Ta Li Yo-Na's birthday and the things she had prepared, Tess smiled. "Oh, of course, that is not a problem. I'll be the last to spoil that. And I'm glad your knee is fine now. He did an excellent job."

The mentioning of the last time the Falleg children had seen their father and descibing it as a traumatic time, Tess could only agree. The Dosi attack had been traumatic for her, too. She still often thought of Len'Ar. Shaking off the grim thoughts Tess focused on Hrafn again - who was moving and about to hug her. Smiling, Tess leaned into the hug and curled her free arm, where the baby would not be in the way, around Hrafn's side. "Thank you. And you travel safely!"

Rubbing the baby's back gently while Hrafn spoke to him Tess looked up when she asked for his name. "Yes, we named him Fvienn." It was prononced similiar to 'Vienna', just with a sharper 'v' sound at the beginning or rather a mixture of 'f' and 'v' and without the 'ah' at the end. "It's Romulan and means 'strength' or 'force'. Since that was kinda what the birth was like." She chuckled.

Hrafn's heart melted as the baby Fvienn took her finger.

"Already got a strong grip there little Fvienn!" she said smiling.  "Well I've got to run Tess, I'll get cuddles when I get back.  The name is perfect for him.  Take care!"

She dropped a kiss on the baby's forehead and then one on Tess's cheek.  She would miss them ... lots.

"Enjoy that drink!" she called over her shoulder as she practically ran to the Turbolift, feeling her eyes pricking, and then once inside, allowed the tears to fall.

"Leaving Katra, just for a visit to see my husband shouldn't be this hard!" she said to the empty space of the Turbolift while sniffing and rubbing the tears away with the back of her hand.

[END SCENE]

"Yes, the spots DO go all the way down.  No, you don't get to see!"

Solluk

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

The transmission from the Thinkers' shuttle came to Katra just a few seconds after it reached the Healy.  Solluk clenched his teeth at the sight of Kurros, their adversary this past year.  Not only had the Thinkers kidnapped Starfleet personnel via their Drecacon Bounty Hunters, but they'd created a trap for the Healy and made replicants of Katra officers and even copied the Healy herself.  It often seemed that the Thinkers existed for no more reason than to hinder or destroy Katra operations.

On the other hand, there was some evidence the Thinkers were more than just cartoonish, mustache-twirling villains.  Intelligence reports from Yridian sources suggested that the Thinkers were working with the Gregari to block a section of space.  This, because they anticipated some terrible threat-force to approach from that direction.  If this was true, there might be some purpose behind their activity beyond just hurting Katra.  But if so, why hurt Katra at all?  Why make an enemy of Starfleet?

Perhaps this was a question they had finally asked themselves.  Perhaps this diplomatic approach was an acknowledgement that their more hostile tactics had failed.

Solluk swiveled in his chair and addressed the OCC at large.  "Thoughts?  Opinions?"

L'mar Camili Rhade

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on November 14, 2020, 06:17:24 AM

NPC Ensign Darek tr'Hava

"Cultural exchange with the Dominion sounds as if it would be rather daunting."

"No, Lt. Goodspeed said nothing directly to me about any plans."

"What do you have in mind?"

[ Ensign L'mar Rhade ] | [ USS Healy - Main Engineering ]

For a few minutes Rhade tapped at the controls at the systems table and was tracking the issue he was feeling. He realised he was silent a little too long and sighed then glanced over at Darek. "I wouldn't know, I wasssn't therrre." L'mar stated somewhat distracted, "you could asssk them if you like."

The nacelles? Rhade mentally noted though it wasn't clear which one. He reset the table back to default and turned to Darek. "Rrreally? That'sss odd, therrre ssshould alwaysss be sssomething that ssshould be checked rrregularrrly, maybe that isss jussst ssstation-basssed thinking talking," L'mar said as he glanced away with an amused expression.

"Actually, I'd like you to come up with a drrrill and overrrsssee it." L'mar ordered with a smile as he made eye contact again, "I'll be back sssoon." Rhade waved at Darek and headed out of Main Engineering to grab a toolkit.

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Solluk on November 14, 2020, 11:03:46 PM

Katra Station - Operational Control Center

The transmission from the Thinkers' shuttle came to Katra just a few seconds after it reached the Healy.  Solluk clenched his teeth at the sight of Kurros, their adversary this past year.  Not only had the Thinkers kidnapped Starfleet personnel via their Drecacon Bounty Hunters, but they'd created a trap for the Healy and made replicants of Katra officers and even copied the Healy herself.  It often seemed that the Thinkers existed for no more reason than to hinder or destroy Katra operations.

On the other hand, there was some evidence the Thinkers were more than just cartoonish, mustache-twirling villains.  Intelligence reports from Yridian sources suggested that the Thinkers were working with the Gregari to block a section of space.  This, because they anticipated some terrible threat-force to approach from that direction.  If this was true, there might be some purpose behind their activity beyond just hurting Katra.  But if so, why hurt Katra at all?  Why make an enemy of Starfleet?

Perhaps this was a question they had finally asked themselves.  Perhaps this diplomatic approach was an acknowledgement that their more hostile tactics had failed.

Solluk swiveled in his chair and addressed the OCC at large.  "Thoughts?  Opinions?"

[USS Healy - Bridge]

"œBetter off. Communication alert Starbase Katra, We would like to see what Captain Solluk has to say," he ordered. He thought they done something wrong to Starfleet. They even broke the one rule. Cloning was one of those science you don't do. There could be the purpose of making a better species or worse making slaves. Either way it was not good.

Rayek trLhoell

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell
NPC Karinne t'Movel          NPC Phara t'Movel

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on November 14, 2020, 10:51:22 AM

NPC Rahul Skuyanhjin / NPC Tamonar Skuyanhjin / NPC Lt. Fabiano Moreno (Science)

All three of them were relieved to hear that Tess was okay. In response to Rayek's assumption anything that had happened in the delivery room had been carried outside of said room, Tamonar replied, "We didn't hear anything." He then smiled, wrinkles showing more permanently on his aged face. "But it's inspiring to hear that Tess managed it well."

When Rayek revealed the name for the baby, Fabiano smiled and carefully reached his hand out to rub the tiny hand that was balled into a fist. "Benvenuto in questo mondo, nipote mio. Non vedo l'ora di conoscerti." (*Welcome to this world, my grandson. I can't wait to get to know you.) This was really exciting for Fabiano, too. He didn't have children of his own. He didn't know what it was like to be a 'real' dad. To hold a baby in your arms that was your own flesh and blood. While this baby here wasn't his flesh and blood either, it still didn't make a difference. This was his grandson and he was overjoyed.
Fabiano hesitated briefly, unsure if he should interfere in a dispute about Romulan culture. Rayek had made his position quite clear. In any case it wasn't good for the baby to be in the middle of that dispute. He looked to Rayek and gave him a reassuring smile. "Tess' and the baby's well-being is most important right now."

Fabiano's 'reminder' and reassuring look, helped Rayek smooth over his anger somewhat, even as he heard Karinne sputter indignantly at his threat.   Yet before the elderly woman could form a scathing reply back her daughter-in-law answered his words while giving Karinne a disappointed look.   "Of course Rayek, we understand. There is no rush.  Though if Tess needs assistance with anything, let us know - that is why we are here -- to help."

The younger woman's calm demeanor further settled the protective father.  Rayek nodded gratefully towards Phara.  "I'll let Tess know."

Then Rayek returned his attention to the two Ba'ku men and realized belatedly that he hadn't properly greeted them.  "Tess and I are both so grateful that you both could be here.  I regret that Benjin isn't able to join.  He was called to duty off-station temporarily.  But once things have settled, we will gather together more properly then."

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on November 14, 2020, 10:51:22 AM

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

While Tess was helped by both Jayce and Dennix to clean herself up and move to the bed provided in the delivery room, Tess started to be reminiscent of the labor phase and suddenly started to become a little embarrassed. "Did I scream at Rayek or is that just my imagination?", she asked Jayce. "Was the councilwoman Keshara really in here the whole time?" When she had been 'on it' she hadn't really cared but had been too preoccupied with dealing with the pain and pushing the baby out of her body. But now all of it reached her clearer than before.

Tess sighed quietly as she lay back in the cushions. She was extremely tired. But there was no way she could sleep now. She needed to see her baby - she had a baby now! It was finally there!

She looked to Jayce and Dennix. "Could you please let Rayek know we're ready here? And I know, you said we need rest now, but ... would it be possible for my dad and my brothers to join me here? I'm sure they would be considerate of the situation and not be loud or wild." She wanted to see her baby, but the fact that her brothers from Ba'ku were here on the station had not settled in yet.

NPC Ensign Jayce Fuller    NPC Dennix the Denobulan doula

Dennix chuckled good-naturedly at Tess' question to Jayce.  Jayce had no idea what Tess was talking about.  "No, not that I'm aware of." The hermaphrodite doctor answered.

Dennix however had been there for the aforementioned shouting and cut in with his perspective.  "It was nothing that he didn't deserve or couldn't handle." He remarked.   It's good to see another husband who recognizes his happiness is in part dependant on making his wives happy."[/color]

When Tess asked for her relatives to be allowed in along with Rayek and the baby there was a momentary glance shared between the two medical staff.   It was Jayce who answered.  "Try to keep the visit short for this first time."

Dennix added in, "Press the 'call' button if you need assistance getting the latch for the first feeding. I'll be just across the hall."

Dennix left the delivery room.

"Rayek, everything went well.  She's resting in bed now.  She's extremely exhausted and will likely nod off shortly.  Be sure she feeds the baby, even for just 10 minutes, before that.   She's also asked that her family go in.  Please limit your time."

Rayek hearing this nodded and headed inside the room, knowing without a doubt that the others would follow.   Fabiano did so first, eagerly.  He wanted to see with his own eyes that his little girl was safe.  Tamonar started afterwards, but then noticed Rahul seemed to be heading back to his seat, head down.    "Our sister is this way." the former Son'a stated pointing towards the delivery room door Fabiano had just passed through.

Rahul glanced up from his feet to Tamonar... to his brother.  "I think I need a minute to myself." He answered, trying to wave the other man on.

But Tamonar didn't seem to budge, in fact he drew closer and spoke quietly to Rahul so as not to be heard by the others waiting in the room.  The elderly woman in particular seemed to be listening attentively, while the others preferred to politely find interest in their own conversations.

"I know its a lot to take in, but I'm sure Tess really wants to have everyone together for these first few minutes.  I promise, afterwards, we'll go straight to the rooms I've got us and you can be alone there for however long you need.. but for now... our sister comes first.  Agreed?" Tamonar whispered.

That Tess should come first, was not a new thought for Rahul.  He nodded and stood up from "Agreed.  Thanks.

Together the brothers entered the delivery room, Tamonar walking just slightly behind and to the side of Rahul, ready to urge him on if he hesitated again.

NPC Ensign Darek tr'Hava

Quote from: L'mar Camili Rhade on November 15, 2020, 01:08:29 AM

[ Ensign L'mar Rhade ] | [ USS Healy - Main Engineering ](October 17th)

For a few minutes Rhade tapped at the controls at the systems table and was tracking the issue he was feeling. He realised he was silent a little too long and sighed then glanced over at Darek. "I wouldn't know, I wasssn't therrre." L'mar stated somewhat distracted, "you could asssk them if you like."

The nacelles? Rhade mentally noted though it wasn't clear which one. He reset the table back to default and turned to Darek. "Rrreally? That'sss odd, therrre ssshould alwaysss be sssomething that ssshould be checked rrregularrrly, maybe that isss jussst ssstation-basssed thinking talking," L'mar said as he glanced away with an amused expression.

"Actually, I'd like you to come up with a drrrill and overrrsssee it." L'mar ordered with a smile as he made eye contact again, "I'll be back sssoon." Rhade waved at Darek and headed out of Main Engineering to grab a toolkit.

Darek shook his head at the suggestion of talking directly to the Caitian's parents. "No. Thanks I'll pass on that."

Rhade's remark that usually there were things to do on a regular maintenance, had the Romulan nodding.  "Ah, yes of course - I misunderstood. Yeah, I there's always that.  I thought you meant more of her 'reliability retrofits'."

The Romulan slumped his shoulders and grimaced when his suggestion of holding a drill was actually agreed to.   Darek, normally didn't mind drills.  He rather excelled at them.  The problem with this one was that rather than merely participate in a drill, Rhade was leaving it to him to organize it.  Ugh - he wished he hadn't have suggested it.

"Aye sir." Darek acknowledged the task given him, even though the Caitian didn't seem to care - since Rhade was already walking away.

'Hmm.. what sort of drills to do..?'

NPC Lt JG Saqa7 Mountain-Khan
[USS Healy - Deck One - Bridge](October 17th)

Quote from: Kal on November 14, 2020, 12:37:54 PM

[USS Healy - Bridge]

Incorporated. That just sounded odd as he read it. It had made him think of Feringi. Companies like to make profit. Self centered and work for a boss. The people or the citizen are like their servants possible to be paid. What business are they in for? Hmm.

They can claim they are unarmed but there was way to overcome a ship without weapons. Tractor beams, shields and possible engines can be modify to become a weapon. That he was his thinking. The trust does not come easy. It is earned.

Kal hands tightened on the arm rest of the XO chair. His knuckles turned white. CLONES! Such illegal. Robbing an identity of another.

The man had to take a few to calm his nerves from over taking his judgment. Then he saw once again he was steering this show to keep it forward. Not wanting to have these 'guest' waiting.

"Oh is that so?" He said leaning back trying to look cool and calm. "What side of space did this happen?" He asked. "Captain Solluk and Commander Rayek aware of this?"

It took Saqa7 a moment to realized that all this had happened prior to Ensign Kal joining Katra's team.

"Yes, sir -  Entirely so!  The Thinkers hired a mercenary species of hunters to collect people from all over the Gamma Quadrant... they've been doing it for at least 9 years that I know of."  The Tri-ship attack had happened in 2389.  Her wife had been missing and declared dead that long.

"The clones were used to gain access to the station just a few months back.  I think you joined us right afterwards, so yeah... the Captain and both Commanders are aware."  Saqa7 didn't know if she should inform the ships XO about both Tess and Rayek being the ones that had been cloned.  It was in the file...  did she really need to bring it up as a subject?  She'd wait to see what else the man wanted to know.

Quote from: Kal on November 15, 2020, 04:18:28 AM

[USS Healy - Bridge]

"œBetter off. Communication alert Starbase Katra, We would like to see what Captain Solluk has to say," he ordered. He thought they done something wrong to Starfleet. They even broke the one rule. Cloning was one of those science you don't do. There could be the purpose of making a better species or worse making slaves. Either way it was not good.

It was Nadia who acknowledged that order with a crisp  "Aye sir!"

=/\= "Healy to Katra Station.  The ship has identified itself as a Thinkers Inc vessel.  Kurros, is claiming to be under a flag of peace and looking to engage in  diplomatic negotiations.  Please advise how you would like us to proceed." =/\=

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

Tess tLhoell

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

Quote from: Rayek trLhoell on November 15, 2020, 04:51:26 AM

Lt Cmdr Rayek tr'Lhoell
NPC Karinne t'Movel          NPC Phara t'Movel

Fabiano's 'reminder' and reassuring look, helped Rayek smooth over his anger somewhat, even as he heard Karinne sputter indignantly at his threat.   Yet before the elderly woman could form a scathing reply back her daughter-in-law answered his words while giving Karinne a disappointed look.   "Of course Rayek, we understand. There is no rush.  Though if Tess needs assistance with anything, let us know - that is why we are here -- to help."

The younger woman's calm demeanor further settled the protective father.  Rayek nodded gratefully towards Phara.  "I'll let Tess know."

Then Rayek returned his attention to the two Ba'ku men and realized belatedly that he hadn't properly greeted them.  "Tess and I are both so grateful that you both could be here.  I regret that Benjin isn't able to join.  He was called to duty off-station temporarily.  But once things have settled, we will gather together more properly then."

NPC Ensign Jayce Fuller    NPC Dennix the Denobulan doula

Dennix chuckled good-naturedly at Tess' question to Jayce.  Jayce had no idea what Tess was talking about.  "No, not that I'm aware of." The hermaphrodite doctor answered.

Dennix however had been there for the aforementioned shouting and cut in with his perspective.  "It was nothing that he didn't deserve or couldn't handle." He remarked.   It's good to see another husband who recognizes his happiness is in part dependant on making his wives happy."[/color]

When Tess asked for her relatives to be allowed in along with Rayek and the baby there was a momentary glance shared between the two medical staff.   It was Jayce who answered.  "Try to keep the visit short for this first time."

Dennix added in, "Press the 'call' button if you need assistance getting the latch for the first feeding. I'll be just across the hall."

Dennix left the delivery room.

"Rayek, everything went well.  She's resting in bed now.  She's extremely exhausted and will likely nod off shortly.  Be sure she feeds the baby, even for just 10 minutes, before that.   She's also asked that her family go in.  Please limit your time."

Rayek hearing this nodded and headed inside the room, knowing without a doubt that the others would follow.   Fabiano did so first, eagerly.  He wanted to see with his own eyes that his little girl was safe.  Tamonar started afterwards, but then noticed Rahul seemed to be heading back to his seat, head down.    "Our sister is this way." the former Son'a stated pointing towards the delivery room door Fabiano had just passed through.

Rahul glanced up from his feet to Tamonar... to his brother.  "I think I need a minute to myself." He answered, trying to wave the other man on.

But Tamonar didn't seem to budge, in fact he drew closer and spoke quietly to Rahul so as not to be heard by the others waiting in the room.  The elderly woman in particular seemed to be listening attentively, while the others preferred to politely find interest in their own conversations.

"I know its a lot to take in, but I'm sure Tess really wants to have everyone together for these first few minutes.  I promise, afterwards, we'll go straight to the rooms I've got us and you can be alone there for however long you need.. but for now... our sister comes first.  Agreed?" Tamonar whispered.

That Tess should come first, was not a new thought for Rahul.  He nodded and stood up from "Agreed.  Thanks.

Together the brothers entered the delivery room, Tamonar walking just slightly behind and to the side of Rahul, ready to urge him on if he hesitated again.

The look Jayce and Dennix were sharing wasn't lost on Tess and she half expected them to deny her the visit of her family before she had rested, but thankfully they compromised and let her see them briefly. "I promise to keep it short."

Tess nodded at the Denobulan when he offered for her to call anytime should she have trouble with the first latch. "I will, thank you." Dennix left and Tess' gaze wandered back to Jayce and smiled her - tired and exhausted, but happy.

The sound of the doors openenig had Tess turn her head to the side and she couldn't keep the wide grin off her face at seeing Rayek and her baby. Her heart clenched with happiness seeing the tiny bundle in his arms. "I missed you", she said to both Rayek and Fvienn. She stretched her hand out to hold Rayek's hand as soon as he was within reach. The smile lingered on her face when she saw her father following right behind Rayek.

"Tesora", the proud grandfather smiled and walked around the bed to the other side to lean over and hug his daughter. Tess moved her arms and hugged him tightly. The Italian nickname was one he had given her when she had been a little girl on Ba'ku, it had accompanied her until now and Fabiano still used it for her. "Sono cosÁ¬ orgoglioso di te. Tuo figlio Á¨ bellissimo. Bellissimo!" (*I'm so proud of you. Your son is beautiful.), he murmured in her ear before pulling back with a smile, but not before he had kissed her forehead.

"Ti amo, papÁ ", Tess whispered back. She was just about to ask about Rahul and Tamonar, when her brothers entered the room - Rahul first, Tamonar following behind. Tess smiled at them but noticed immediately that Rahul seemed to feel not really well.

"Congratulations on your healthy boy, Tess", Tamonar said and gently rubbed her arm after they had reached the bed.

"Thank you", Tess smiled and then looked at Rahul. "You waited the whole time outside? You must be tired from your journey, too", she said understandingly, recognizing it to be a sacrifice they have made for her. "But I'm glad you are here." She reached her hand out to hug Rahul. He moved closer and did so.

"You are really okay?", he asked as he looked at her after the hug.

"I am, don't worry", Tess assured him. "I'm just really tired. The doula said I should feed the baby before I nodd off - which honestly will happen soon."

Fabiano nodded. "Dennix said we should make the visit brief so you and the baby can rest, which we will do." He pulled out his personal data PADD. "Would you mind if I'd take a picture of the little one and send it to Ben? I think he's dying to see him."

Tess chuckled. "I certainly don't. Go ahead."

Fabiano walked back around the bed to stop in front of Rayek who still held the baby. Taking a picture the Italian smiled. "We will leave you, then." He rested his hand on Rayek's shoulder and squeezed it fatherly. "If you need anything, let us know."

With that the three men left the delivery room. Tess looked after them and then turned her head to her husband with a smile as she blinked tiredly. She was glad to have seen her family, but she was also glad to be alone with Rayek now to thoroughly enjoy their happiness together for the first time. Her gaze rested on the new life in Rayek's arms and her heart swelled with motherly feelings. "He's so absolutely amazing", she whispered. "Give him to me?", Tess asked and shifted a little so she could hold him properly for the breastfeeding. She opened a button at the hospital gown she had been given after she had been in the bathtub so that would make it easier for her. While she waited for Rayek to hand her the baby, Tess bit her lip for a moment. "Are Phara, Karinne and the other Romulan mothers outside, too?" She said that with a bit of a guilty feeling. She had agreed to the H'dl Aefvadh after all and normally it would have been those women to support her during labor - not her husband. But at that moment she had been so stressed and scared and pained that she just had wanted Rayek around her. "Are they upset?", she asked cautiously.

NPC Cadet Benjin Moreno (Flight)
[USS Healy - Bridge] (October 17th)

Benjin sat at the flight console and was rather distracted by his own thoughts even as the developments were quite scary. While he had not been on Katra yet when the some of the station's personnel had been kidnapped by the Thinkers - including Tess, Rayek and the very Saqa7 that was on this ship too - he had been there when the clones had sabotaged the station. One of the sabotage Rayek's clone had done had injured him badly when a bomb had detonated in the shuttle bay. There were no scars left on his body, Tess had healed them all, but there definitely were scars that could not be seen left.

Now they waited what Captain Solluk would say to Kurros' request to be allowed on Katra to establish diplomatic relations. He was sure he was not the only one who had a bad feeling about it.

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

Quote from: Hrafn Falleg on November 14, 2020, 01:13:22 PM

Hrafn's heart melted as the baby Fvienn took her finger.

"Already got a strong grip there little Fvienn!" she said smiling.  "Well I've got to run Tess, I'll get cuddles when I get back.  The name is perfect for him.  Take care!"

She dropped a kiss on the baby's forehead and then one on Tess's cheek.  She would miss them ... lots.

"Enjoy that drink!" she called over her shoulder as she practically ran to the Turbolift, feeling her eyes pricking, and then once inside, allowed the tears to fall.

"Leaving Katra, just for a visit to see my husband shouldn't be this hard!" she said to the empty space of the Turbolift while sniffing and rubbing the tears away with the back of her hand.

[END SCENE]

Tess smiled at her when she had received a kiss from her. "I will take care, but you too, okay? Arrive home safely!"
She smiled and gently grabbed Fvienn's tiny hand to raise it and make a waving motion with it before she waved her own arm. "See you, Hrafn!"

Once she had left, Tess grabbed the bag she had brough with her and made her way back to her quarters.

[END SCENE]

Species: Ba'ku
"You explore the universe. We've found that a single moment in time can be a universe in itself."
Tess' biography (updated Nov 14th, 2020) - Previous name: Tess Moreno

Paul Wessex

Watching the sensor contact of the Healy slowly towards approaching the unidentified craft, Paul waved away an offer to take over the Tactical station with an apologetic wave of the hand and a caught-out smile. He hated being watched over the shoulder, and here he was doing the same. Leaning on the nearest console, making sure he didn't fire all weapons by a misplaced gluteus maximus, Wessex folded his arms casually and watched events unfold. At this time and distance, there was little for Security to do until matters became clearer - after all, there was a diplomatic meeting scheduled which was currently top of the list of priorities.

That was until Solluk had caught his attention and seconded him as First Office while Tess and Rayek were otherwise preoccupied.

It was then matters accelerated - figuratively and literally.

The Healy had taken the decision to jump to warp to intercept and make contact with the incoming craft, and doing so had absolutely clarified matters.

The Thinkers? That rang some bells.

The face that appeared on the transmission had a smile that reminded Paul of a predatory aquatic lifeform. But not a shark - no, a shark had natural intent that was undisguised. Purposeful. Focused. The face on the screen was sly. Friendly. Devious.

An eel. For reasons he couldn't articulate, this Kurros reminded Paul of an Earth Moray, or Tandaranian neuroleptic barracuda.

Quote from: Solluk

Standing crisply, Paul took the opportunity to suggest his thinking. "Sir. This Kurros seems to be insinuating his approach is diplomatic in nature. While we currently have no evidence to the contrary, I'm a tad sceptical; a diplomatic approach at around the same time we are looking to host a sensitive summit between the Klingon Empire and Tholian Assembly to discuss the gift of a returned battleship, all with the choppy waters of the new Republic of Kahless surrounding us?" He grinned. "Smells fishy."

He then frowned, as something occurred to him, and now seemed the right time, and he approached Solluk a little closer to close the gap for a more discreet word. "Sir. In the official logs, there was reference to some disciplinary matters that resulted in a crewmember losing rank", he said carefully, "but there's no direct information as to what had precipitated this. If Kurros is looking to 'respond in kind', what could we be expecting?"

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Tess tLhoell on November 15, 2020, 08:50:08 AM

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

The look Jayce and Dennix were sharing wasn't lost on Tess and she half expected them to deny her the visit of her family before she had rested, but thankfully they compromised and let her see them briefly. "I promise to keep it short."

Tess nodded at the Denobulan when he offered for her to call anytime should she have trouble with the first latch. "I will, thank you." Dennix left and Tess' gaze wandered back to Jayce and smiled her - tired and exhausted, but happy.

The sound of the doors openenig had Tess turn her head to the side and she couldn't keep the wide grin off her face at seeing Rayek and her baby. Her heart clenched with happiness seeing the tiny bundle in his arms. "I missed you", she said to both Rayek and Fvienn. She stretched her hand out to hold Rayek's hand as soon as he was within reach. The smile lingered on her face when she saw her father following right behind Rayek.

"Tesora", the proud grandfather smiled and walked around the bed to the other side to lean over and hug his daughter. Tess moved her arms and hugged him tightly. The Italian nickname was one he had given her when she had been a little girl on Ba'ku, it had accompanied her until now and Fabiano still used it for her. "Sono cosÁ¬ orgoglioso di te. Tuo figlio Á¨ bellissimo. Bellissimo!" (*I'm so proud of you. Your son is beautiful.), he murmured in her ear before pulling back with a smile, but not before he had kissed her forehead.

"Ti amo, papÁ ", Tess whispered back. She was just about to ask about Rahul and Tamonar, when her brothers entered the room - Rahul first, Tamonar following behind. Tess smiled at them but noticed immediately that Rahul seemed to feel not really well.

"Congratulations on your healthy boy, Tess", Tamonar said and gently rubbed her arm after they had reached the bed.

"Thank you", Tess smiled and then looked at Rahul. "You waited the whole time outside? You must be tired from your journey, too", she said understandingly, recognizing it to be a sacrifice they have made for her. "But I'm glad you are here." She reached her hand out to hug Rahul. He moved closer and did so.

"You are really okay?", he asked as he looked at her after the hug.

"I am, don't worry", Tess assured him. "I'm just really tired. The doula said I should feed the baby before I nodd off - which honestly will happen soon."

Fabiano nodded. "Dennix said we should make the visit brief so you and the baby can rest, which we will do." He pulled out his personal data PADD. "Would you mind if I'd take a picture of the little one and send it to Ben? I think he's dying to see him."

Tess chuckled. "I certainly don't. Go ahead."

Fabiano walked back around the bed to stop in front of Rayek who still held the baby. Taking a picture the Italian smiled. "We will leave you, then." He rested his hand on Rayek's shoulder and squeezed it fatherly. "If you need anything, let us know."

With that the three men left the delivery room. Tess looked after them and then turned her head to her husband with a smile as she blinked tiredly. She was glad to have seen her family, but she was also glad to be alone with Rayek now to thoroughly enjoy their happiness together for the first time. Her gaze rested on the new life in Rayek's arms and her heart swelled with motherly feelings. "He's so absolutely amazing", she whispered. "Give him to me?", Tess asked and shifted a little so she could hold him properly for the breastfeeding. She opened a button at the hospital gown she had been given after she had been in the bathtub so that would make it easier for her. While she waited for Rayek to hand her the baby, Tess bit her lip for a moment. "Are Phara, Karinne and the other Romulan mothers outside, too?" She said that with a bit of a guilty feeling. She had agreed to the H'dl Aefvadh after all and normally it would have been those women to support her during labor - not her husband. But at that moment she had been so stressed and scared and pained that she just had wanted Rayek around her. "Are they upset?", she asked cautiously.

NPC Cadet Benjin Moreno (Flight)
[USS Healy - Bridge] (October 17th)

Benjin sat at the flight console and was rather distracted by his own thoughts even as the developments were quite scary. While he had not been on Katra yet when the some of the station's personnel had been kidnapped by the Thinkers - including Tess, Rayek and the very Saqa7 that was on this ship too - he had been there when the clones had sabotaged the station. One of the sabotage Rayek's clone had done had injured him badly when a bomb had detonated in the shuttle bay. There were no scars left on his body, Tess had healed them all, but there definitely were scars that could not be seen left.

Now they waited what Captain Solluk would say to Kurros' request to be allowed on Katra to establish diplomatic relations. He was sure he was not the only one who had a bad feeling about it.

Cmdr. Tess t'Lhoell

Tess smiled at her when she had received a kiss from her. "I will take care, but you too, okay? Arrive home safely!"
She smiled and gently grabbed Fvienn's tiny hand to raise it and make a waving motion with it before she waved her own arm. "See you, Hrafn!"

Once she had left, Tess grabbed the bag she had brough with her and made her way back to her quarters.

[END SCENE]

[USS Healy - Bridge]

After hearing the Thinkers coming to the Gamma kidnapping citizens of Starfleet was wrong. The man would want to tell the Thinkers to turn around and go back where they belong. To allow them enter now was to fresh to a wound. The trust issue should take at least a few generations. To prove they won't do it again. Its like a bully who beat you up. Next day he shows up with a peace offering. In Kal's heart that does not happen over night. That was his thought. To over ride his way of thinking was higher command to order what they wanted. Perhaps he could tell Captain Solluk it was unwise. A challenge will allow the Vulcan to consider it. Ease his choice perhaps. He will have to see. Maybe they will tell them to go back.

Solluk

Nimbus III, Planet of Galactic Peace

Krelys stood in the harsh desert heat, about a mile from Paradise City.

Once, Nimbus III had been a planet of hope, where the mutually hostile governments of the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans could attempt to find common ground by managing the world together.  Even then, the place had rapidly become a failure.  Now, about a century on, the world had been largely abandoned by powers who had barely cared about it to begin with.  It had become a nest of vipers.

As a neutral world which was part of no sovereign space, it had evolved into a smuggling hub and gray-market trade center.  The officials who still watched this world were well lubricated by bribes and other inducements to look the other way.  As this was a dead-end posting, even the Feds stationed here had little care for anything beyond making their time here more comfortable.

That was why Krelys was here, waiting for a freighter Captain to arrive.  She was doing dark deeds for a dark employer, and needed someone who didn't ask many questions beyond, "How much you pay me?"

She was nervous, though she was trying not to let it show.  If the value of this job was generally known, half the residents of this rock would try to skin her alive for a chance at a piece of it.

Beneath the concealment of her cloak, her hand rested on the grip of a surplus Klingon Disruptor.

If things got tricky, this wouldn't be the first time she'd been forced to use it.

Beja

Katra Station - Klingon Empire Embassy

Beja had understood what Zex had meant by giving the "œhypothetical" scenarios, but it appeared that her response wasn't quite understood. What Beja didn't understand is why the Tholians made the promise to the Klingon Empire when they didn't want to live up that promise. Maybe it was said out of a panic? No one but the Tholians could answer that.

Well Zex, perhaps it might be best if you had another talk with your friend, and perhaps see if they might have changed their stance on that, now that they have had an opportunity to really think about the bigger picture. I'm sure that the Tholians will by now have realized that the honorable thing would be to keep the promise that they made," Beja answered, in soft, calm, gentle tones.

She could see the Deltan was having a very difficult time with being stuck as the "œmiddle man" as the humans saying went.

I'm sure that the Tholians will want to keep their neutral position, and do their best to be a friend to all the ambassadors and embassies here at Katra. And there will be other ways to show their respect for the assistance that the Republic of Khaless provided. I know that all parties want to keep the peace and do not wish to bring about war with each other," Beja stated, hoping that she was correct about that.

I think it is obvious that if "˜pirates' or someone stole this ship and it was not given to the Klingon Empire as promised, that war will immediately be brought between the Tholians and the Klingon Empire, and Starfleet and the New Republic of Khaless will likely be dragged into it as well. It might even put jeopardy between Starfleet and the Tholians.

That is to say that any attempt, because surely these "˜pirates' wouldn't succeed. There is a Klingon Battleship at the ready at the station that would stop them, and Katra itself would have to step in to stop such a theft from happening on their own station.

Not to mention that it will make it that much more difficult for the New Republic to be recognized and respected as a new government by others if they become implicated," Beja further explained the terrible ramifications that would befall everyone if the diplomatic ceremony did not take place as had been originally promised.

L'mar Camili Rhade

[ Ensign L'mar Rhade ]

Not really in any great rush as the desynchronisation didn't seem to put the New Orleans class starship at risk for the moment, Rhade, holding his toolkit in his left hand, made his way to the leftside nacelle. He passed many crew members and he greeted each with a nod, though as some seemed to want to small talk he'd apologise and gesture to his toolkit indicating he had a task to do.

He wondered what Ensign tr'Hava will come up with, it was an exercise in both leadership and creativity. Rhade believed that engineers had to keep their minds working on creative ways to solve problems and not to mention adaptability to any situation. He hoped that Ensign tr'Hava would clear the drill with the bridge first, it would be amusing if the bridge crew got involved.

[ USS Healy - Nacelle Control Room, Leftside ]

Entering the room, Rhade could still feel the desync but it hadn't changed like he thought it would when he got to the one of two nacelles that was out of sync. Though he wanted to check both anyway, Rhade wanted to see what Junior Lieutenant Goodspeed and her team did as he was keeping the station's systems in peak condition. The size of the station had made regular maintenance an hourly duty, maybe every other hour but enough to keep the department active. On top of that were all the repairs and construction projects the senior staff and V.I.Ps wanted, so Rhade was happy with his life on Katra.

He went to the systems table at the center of the room, the rhythm of the Warp drive was soothing though the desynchronisation was still nagging at the edges of his awareness. Rhade tapped in a few diagnostic commands into the control interface, it would check all relays, conduits, nodes, connections and test them as well as the room's consoles. It really could be anything or a combination of a few things.

Rhade put the toolkit onto the table top and opened it, he recalled the toolkit his father had given him and wished he'd grabbed that one before leaving Katra. It was still in his Katra quarters; that reminded him that Ensign Marek Lovok had left a note on Rhade's bed. The Romulan had written that their family suffered a death and he had returned home to mourn as well as do some thinking on his future, Rhade hoped Marek would be okay. They weren't really a couple, just mutuals. The door opened and a loud meow came from a black cat that saunted over, it was Maximillian.

The cat must have escaped his Healy quarters and followed him. Well the cat hasn't been on the Healy before so was probably, but hides it well, scared of those he doesn't know. "Hello Max." L'mar said and reached down to pat the cat's back in long strokes. Max purred, Rhade didn't purr unless certain situations were happening. The table chirped and pulled Rhade out of his mind, he straightened and could feel Max rubbing against his leg.

It seemed that it wasn't this nacelle that was out of sync. Rhade waited for the rest of the diagnostics to finish before he poked around what the refit did.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.