S2- M2 - Shatterpoint

Started by James A. Hawke, January 02, 2018, 10:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 05, 2018, 11:06:43 AM

James nodded for a second as he heard his wife recommendation.  He placed his hand on her shoulder and looked at the empty and disabled Federation Vessel in their view screen. Hawke knew that he was a political figure, but his wife was the strong one, the soldier.

He listed to both options.  His first instinct was to try and leap and save those people lives.  Hawke knew that he placed the Federation into danger when bringing that monster into their Universe.  His recent behavior could be considered by his own standard cruel, but necessary.  He wondered if his mentors and tutors would have approved of his tactics.

James looked at this wife and said " As Machiavelli once wrote, "Wisdom consists of knowing how to distinguish the nature of the trouble, and in choosing the lesser evil."  I agree, let's stay here and do nothing let's see what they do to this ship.  As much as we are responsible for what is happening to them, we can't be stupid."

Rebel Ship Aeries - Bridge

Katcha nodded and turned to the duty officer.

"Keep us attached to the Extinction's hull for the moment. Deactivate all non-essential systems but be ready to leave when we have to. Passive sensors only, keep an eye on their sensors. At the first sign they may have spotted us let me know!" She ordered.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 05, 2018, 11:06:43 AM

He looked at his wife and followed her advice.  At some point, they needed to take a risk but now is not the time.

James then said, "Do you want to wait in our quarters?"

Katcha turned at James' words and raised an eyebrow.

"That depends My Love!" She purred. "Will you be waiting with me?" She asked in a low, seductive tone.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 05, 2018, 01:01:27 PM

"Well, if that's the case...." she began before turning back to her chair and taking a seat.  "We will take this universe in the name of the empire." Alyssa said. =/\= Kinley. Fire.=/\=

[Deck 19, ISS Extinction]
Aiming the sensors, Kinley locked into her target. This was it. "Firing Cannon in 3..2..1.. NOW!"
A blast of energy shook the Extinction as a massive orange beam fired towards the Hephaestus, with devastating consequences, practically vaporizing it to nothing
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Ardyn Jaeger

[Bridge: ISS Extinction]
[As Captain John Everts]
Breathing heavily, John felt the razor-sharp blade bite against his skin. He liked being close to pretty women and all, but this was not the way he had imagined it.  "What do you want?!" He asked the two women who he assumed were the commanding officers of this vessel. Staring at the viewscreen, he saw his ship, sitting there, no firing,  nothing.

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on January 05, 2018, 01:01:27 PM

[ISS Extinction- Bridge]
"Captain, I have completed the re-integration and I believe you will be pleased with my findings."

Alyssa smiled. "Tell me, what did you find?"

"Before re-integration, my subversion had downloaded the ship's data banks. I am still processing the new information, but I believe we are in the universe that other Benjamin Sisko came from all those years ago."

Alyssa was quiet for a long minute. Her eyes darted across the room, left to right, right to left, as the wheels in her head began to turn.  She didn't know if she believed what Sam was saying. She knew he wasn't capable of lying, but the sheer impossibility of their situation couldn't be possible. "You're telling me we are in this, what, mirror universe?"

"Precisely, Captain." Sam replied.

"Well, if that's the case...." she began before turning back to her chair and taking a seat.  "We will take this universe in the name of the empire." Alyssa said. =/\= Kinley. Fire.=/\=

The ship shook from the sheer energy output, shattering the Hephaestus like an egg. When the flash of blinding light faded, there was  nothing left, save a few.  glinting fragments of metal, barely bigger than a quarter,  catching the light of the nearby sun. It was gone.

[as Ardyn]
The captain of the now-destroyed ship crumpled to the floor in a heap. Letting go of the man, she grinned an icy grin. The cannon worked better that she could have possibly imagined. This mirror "Federation" wouldn't stand a chance against them.

She picked up the devastated man by the collar. "Be lucky you get off with a better fate than your crew." She held up her right hand, the one missing a pinky from an unfortunate raptor-feeding accident. "Don't try to fight. I have a little Velociraptor friend named Steve. He's still a little guy, but  by eight months he was quite deadly, and I do mean deadly. Do you understand?" The frightened man nodded fiercely. Dropping his collar, she came up to the captain. "He's all yours."

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 04, 2018, 11:41:28 AM

[Prime Universe - Holodeck #1]

James looked around and noticed more and more people coming in.  He looked at the net and went towards one of the sides of the net.  He looked at Kachina and listened how she asked for the ball.

James looked about and noticed that Ardy wanted to serve.  He took a second and said "I'm sure, you'll be fine.  You're be my teammate on this side of the court."

From the corner of his eyes, he noticed a new officer coming into the holodeck.  The officer was wearing a blue officer uniform, which meant science or medical.  The officer walked into the sand with her shoes which probably made her movement sluggish.

The officer came in and introduced herself.

James stopped the game for a second and approached the new person. He took a second to think how he knew the new name.
Garrison, Kinley Garrison...why does that name sound familiar? James thought

He then snapped his fingers in said: "Right, you are our new Chief Science Officer...aren't you a little young to be a Chief Science Officer?"

He then stopped Kinley before answering and said "All right, but first thing first...change into something appropriate...a uniform in the holodeck just kills the mood."

Ada interrupted James and commented "Captain, she is merely following Starfleet Protocols by wearing Starfleet Uniform when reporting to her new commanding officer."

James then looked at Ada and said "Yeah, but seriously it ruins the whole point of the holodeck.  The point of this is to make us FORGET that we are in a Starship....and uniforms remind us that we are on a Starship so it kind of ruins the point...so Garrison, lose the uniform, wear a bathing suit or whatever."

Ada then warned "Be careful Captain, that could be considered Sexual Harrasment."

James then rolled his eyes and ran back into the court.  He walked into the Court and moved closer to a position to receive the serve.
James shook his head "All right, it's your grave Ardy.  C'mon and serve that ball already"  James said.

He looked at Kachina and said to her "Be ready; she might serve the ball in your direction.

He looked at the corner and said "Commander Tam, you can join Ardy and Garrison...3 vs. 2 is not that bad."  James smiled as he wanted the game to Start.

Holodeck]
Ardyn nodded and lobbed the ball over the net towards Kachina, launching the ball with  quite the punch. "Fat chance, James. If you weren't shirtless already, I'd probably knock it off of ya!" She smirked as watched the ball go over the net. Looking over, she saw Dr meadows come in with a little boy in tow, a cute little guy. Steve would probably love him to pieces if he was here at the moment. "Hey! The game's just started there's still room!!"

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

William Waring

[Holodeck]

Will entered the Holodeck and muttered to himself about one thing or another as a few Ensigns followed in toe. It only took a moment and a few steps before he turned around to look at them.

"Jensen" He said plainly to the one officer he ha the pleasure, if you could call it that, of training "You've been following me since I left my quarters. I am not your babysitter. You are off duty so don't follow me around!"

Jensen muttered an apology and quickly left, followed by the silent Ensign who accompanied him. Of all the people to be his assistant...

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 05, 2018, 07:13:50 PM

Holodeck]
Ardyn nodded and lobbed the ball over the net towards Kachina, launching the ball with  quite the punch. "Fat chance, James. If you weren't shirtless already, I'd probably knock it off of ya!"� She smirked as watched the ball go over the net. Looking over, she saw Dr meadows come in with a little boy in tow, a cute little guy. Steve would probably love him to pieces if he was here at the moment. "Hey! The game's just started there's still room!!"

"Nice of you guys to wait!" Will said in jest as he slowly made his way towards where everyone was at. "I don't suppose anyone has any drinks around here?"

RESERVED

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on January 05, 2018, 07:13:50 PM

Holodeck]
Ardyn nodded and lobbed the ball over the net towards Kachina, launching the ball with  quite the punch. "Fat chance, James. If you weren't shirtless already, I'd probably knock it off of ya!" She smirked as watched the ball go over the net. Looking over, she saw Dr meadows come in with a little boy in tow, a cute little guy. Steve would probably love him to pieces if he was here at the moment. "Hey! The game's just started there's still room!!"

Holodeck One

Katcha saw the ball coming and as it was going to hit her in the face, put her hands up to block it. The ball hit her hands  and she pushed, sending the ball over the net. She then heard a familiar voice. She turned and saw Will entering the Holodeck.

Quote from: William Waring on January 07, 2018, 01:03:10 AM

[Holodeck]

Will entered the Holodeck and muttered to himself about one thing or another as a few Ensigns followed in toe. It only took a moment and a few steps before he turned around to look at them.

"Jensen" He said plainly to the one officer he ha the pleasure, if you could call it that, of training "You've been following me since I left my quarters. I am not your babysitter. You are off duty so don't follow me around!"

Jensen muttered an apology and quickly left, followed by the silent Ensign who accompanied him. Of all the people to be his assistant...
"Nice of you guys to wait!" Will said in jest as he slowly made his way towards where everyone was at. "I don't suppose anyone has any drinks around here?"

She smiled and waved over to where a sort of tropical hut was standing.

"Ze bar is over zere Kommander. You can even get ze drinks vis ze little umbrellas." She replied.

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: William Waring on January 07, 2018, 01:03:10 AM

[Holodeck]

"Jensen" He said plainly to the one officer he ha the pleasure, if you could call it that, of training "You've been following me since I left my quarters. I am not your babysitter. You are off duty so don't follow me around!"

"Nice of you guys to wait!" Will said in jest as he slowly made his way towards where everyone was at. "I don't suppose anyone has any drinks around here?"

[Holodeck]
Out of the side of her vision, Kinley saw another person come into the holodeck, and instantly blinked just a little. Trust her luck that she was opposite the court from the cute Ops chief she ran into back on the Disco. She didn't have much time to react, as she saw the ball coming her way. Getting the ball, she hit it back, perhaps a bit too hard, as it seemed to angle too hard, and looked like it was headed in the direction of... oh gosh, Will. "Watch out!"

William Waring

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 07, 2018, 07:35:49 AM

Holodeck One

Katcha saw the ball coming and as it was going to hit her in the face, put her hands up to block it. The ball hit her hands  and she pushed, sending the ball over the net. She then heard a familiar voice. She turned and saw Will entering the Holodeck.

She smiled and waved over to where a sort of tropical hut was standing.

"Ze bar is over zere Kommander. You can even get ze drinks vis ze little umbrellas." She replied.

[Holodeck]

"Much obliged" he said to Kachina as he looked towards the tropical hut however he was quickly interrupted by a yell.

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 07, 2018, 06:15:58 PM

[Holodeck]
Out of the side of her vision, Kinley saw another person come into the holodeck, and instantly blinked just a little. Trust her luck that she was opposite the court from the cute Ops chief she ran into back on the Disco. She didn't have much time to react, as she saw the ball coming her way. Getting the ball, she hit it back, perhaps a bit too hard, as it seemed to angle too hard, and looked like it was headed in the direction of... oh gosh, Will. "Watch out!"

Before he knew it, he was on his back in the sand. The force wasn't particularly hard but it caught him off guard. He closed his eyes as he waited for the pain to subside.

RESERVED

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: William Waring on January 07, 2018, 06:37:10 PM

[Holodeck]

"Much obliged" he said to Kachina as he looked towards the tropical hut however he was quickly interrupted by a yell.Before he knew it, he was on his back in the sand. The force wasn't particularly hard but it caught him off guard. He closed his eyes as he waited for the pain to subside.

[Holodeck]
The ball seemed to fall almost in slow motion as it hit Will, knocking him flat "Oops." Kinley gulped. Racing over, Kinley leaned over him. " Are you all right?" She asked him as she helped him back up and brushed the sand off his shirt. Welp. Talk about second impressions. Grinning awkwardly, she tried to ease over the awkward situation. "Sorry 'bout that. As you can tell, I'm kinda bad at aiming." Man, this is embarrassing, she thought.

William Waring

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 07, 2018, 07:13:22 PM

[Holodeck]
The ball seemed to fall almost in slow motion as it hit Will, knocking him flat "Oops." Kinley gulped. Racing over, Kinley leaned over him. " Are you all right?" She asked him as she helped him back up and brushed the sand off his shirt. Welp. Talk about second impressions. Grinning awkwardly, she tried to ease over the awkward situation. "Sorry 'bout that. As you can tell, I'm kinda bad at aiming." Man, this is embarrassing, she thought.

[Holodeck]

Will let out a groan as Kinley helped him up. "If you wanted to sweep me off my feet, you didn't need the ball." He said, giving a nervous chuckle as he brushed the rest of the sand off him "You might want this back" he said grabbing the ball from the ground "Might need some air now though. I've been told I have a hard head" he said giving another nervous chuckle.

What are the chances of this? Was that on the new duty roster? She is beautiful though... no no no, she wouldn't appreciate these thoughts!

RESERVED

Fala Awen

[Holodeck 1]

Glancing over nervously, Caelene saw James, Kachina, and Ardyn with another woman - the Shran's new Chief Science Officer, if she was remembering correctly. The four of them were already at the area apparently designated for the beach volleyball game. The Trill slowly and meticulously rubbed the lotion into her skin; it helped calm her, having something to work on.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on January 04, 2018, 11:41:28 AM

He looked at the corner and said "Commander Tam, you can join Ardy and Garrison...3 vs. 2 is not that bad."  James smiled as he wanted the game to Start.

Caelene's eyes went wide and she paled as she heard James call her. The idea of of joining in the game made her feel beyond nervous and a bit ill. She tucked the lotion away in her bag and got to her feet. As Caelene slowly made her way over to James, she winced slightly as she felt the sand squishing between her toes. It felt so weird. Plus, she had a bad feeling that it would end up everywhere. The Trill frowned.

Just as she reached the others, Will walked in and was greeted by the other females. Seeing a ball fly at him, the Trill sucked in her breath, blinking in surprise. Kinley went to help him just as she approached James from the edge of the court. She was careful to not actually step onto the court and, after the incident she just saw, kept her eyes open for any other stray balls potentially flying at her.

Caelene waved James over, waiting until he was closer. Dropping her voice so that only he could hear her, she said, "Sir...I understand you wanted everyone here, but I truly don't think this is a good idea for me. Outside of engineering, I'm horribly uncoordinated. I don't really think it would help morale for the crew to see a member of the command staff in such a manner. Is there any chance I could keep score or try to monitor the rules? I have a PADD in my bag, I could easily look it up."

With everything that had happened lately, including the loss of T'Ra from the Shran and the apparent death of Lee (NPC), Caelene found herself feeling less confident. Some of what Milara had inspired in her had retreated, leaving her feeling more like the young, unsure engineer she'd been to start with. Making a fool of herself in front of the others was hardly something that would help boost her confidence.

Caelene watched James closely, her concern written all over her face. Part of her expected him to simply insist she jump in and participate, but there was a small part of her that was still hoping that maybe he'd be willing to give her some leeway.

OFF: Tag James, etc

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: William Waring on January 07, 2018, 07:25:02 PM

[Holodeck]

Will let out a groan as Kinley helped him up. "If you wanted to sweep me off my feet, you didn't need the ball." He said, giving a nervous chuckle as he brushed the rest of the sand off him "You might want this back" he said grabbing the ball from the ground "Might need some air now though. I've been told I have a hard head" he said giving another nervous chuckle.

What are the chances of this? Was that on the new duty roster? She is beautiful though... no no no, she wouldn't appreciate these thoughts!

Holodeck]
Kinley giggled at Will's remarks as she picked up the ball he was handing her. "Nah. I don't think you have that hard of a head." Tossing the ball over to James so he could serve it, Kinley got to her feet. "Well, now that that's settled let's-"" She was interrupted by a vibration on her commbadge. =/\= "All bridge officers are asked to come to the bridge. We just got an urgent message from Starfleet Headquarters that you should see."=/\=

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 07, 2018, 11:20:29 PM

Holodeck]
Kinley giggled at Will's remarks as she picked up the ball he was handing her. "Nah. I don't think you have that hard of a head." Tossing the ball over to James so he could serve it, Kinley got to her feet. "Well, now that that's settled let's Á¢â,¬"" She was interrupted by a vibration on her commbadge. =/\= "All  bridge officers are asked to come to the bridge. We just got an urgent message from Starfleet Headquarters that you should see."=/\=

Holodeck One

Katcha had been eyeing the ball rather nervously as she was not a fan of large objects heading straight for her. Or even worse, having to put herself in their path. She had just psyched herself up when the call came through. She immediately left the holodeck and, after a quick stop by her quarters to change into her uniform, she headed to the Bridge.

Bridge

Katcha arrived on the Bridge, surprised that she was the first one there. Knowing the others would be not far behind her, she took over at the helm and waited for the rest to arrive.

William Waring

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 07, 2018, 11:20:29 PM

Holodeck]
Kinley giggled at Will's remarks as she picked up the ball he was handing her. "Nah. I don't think you have that hard of a head." Tossing the ball over to James so he could serve it, Kinley got to her feet. "Well, now that that's settled let's Á¢â,¬"" She was interrupted by a vibration on her commbadge. =/\= "All  bridge officers are asked to come to the bridge. We just got an urgent message from Starfleet Headquarters that you should see."=/\=

[Holodeck]

"You mustn't know me all that well then, Ms. Garrison. I'd like to offer to chance that." He said sounding like an old Earth movie. However, he wasn't able to think about his cliche sentence for long as a call for all Bridge Officers came through.

Give a snap of his fingers, his holographic outfit disappeared to reveal his duty uniform. "Never leave home without it" he said before quickly making his way to the Bridge.

[Bridge]

Will entered the Bridge and relieved the duty officer who had been manning the station until now. Logging into his console, he ran the standard shift change procedure and waited for the rest of the requested officers to come to the Bridge.

RESERVED

Kinley Garrison

Holodeck]
Kinley looked at her companions with an intrigued look. That was certainly out of the ordinary. It definitely wasn't usual for an Admiral to directly contact the whole range of senior officers at once. She was no expert at Starfleet protocol, but it probably was pretty serious if an Admiral was to the point of doing this. Quickly getting changed back into her regular attire, she headed onto the bridge where already the others were waiting.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.