Athena Mission 2.10 The Last Directive

Started by Naira, January 01, 2018, 03:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Carter

[Transporter Room One]

The Captain quickly nodded and left for the conference room without another word. =/\= All senior officers, this is Captain Carter, please report to the conference room as quickly as possible. =/\= James commanded as he stepped out if the room.

[Conference Room]

Carter was the first to arrive, though he knew the rest of his officers were likely not far behind.

Susan Venator

Quote from: James Carter on January 13, 2018, 09:22:48 AM

[Transporter Room One]

The Captain quickly nodded and left for the conference room without another word. =/\= All senior officers, this is Captain Carter, please report to the conference room as quickly as possible. =/\= James commanded as he stepped out if the room.

[Conference Room]

Carter was the first to arrive, though he knew the rest of his officers were likely not far behind.

Bridge

Suzie got the call and immediately stood up. Turning to the Lieutenant (jg) who had tactical, she addressed him directly.

"You have the Bridge." She said formally.

The Vulcan came out from behind his station and stood next to the command chair.

"I have the Bridge." He formally replied.

Suzie nodded and immediately headed to the Conference Room.

Conference Room

Suzie entered and giving nods to the Captain and XO she addressed Kirok directly.

"It is a pleasure to work with you again Admiral." She said before taking her seat.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Naira

Quote from: Kirok on January 12, 2018, 04:48:40 PM

[Transporter Room]

"Thank you.  Thank you both" Kirok said.  "My preference would be to start in the conference room.  I sent Naira the briefing statement" he said.

"If you think your senior staff should sit in on the meeting, It would be acceptable to meet them.  Though I do think I know most of them.  It is, however, your ship and your call" he said politely.

"I have just a few things I travel with.  I can have them beamed over if you can supply the exact coordinates of the guest room" the half Vulcan added.  Then he offered a slight tilt of his head.

[Transporter Room One]

"We'll see to it that your ship gets those coordinates," she said to the admiral.

Naira walked over to the transporter operator and instructed him to relay the coordinates to the Lirpa for the guest room adjacent to her own quarters on Deck Two.

"Also be sure to ask if there are any supplies they need, repairs made or if any of their crew would like to stretch their legs for a bit while the admiral is aboard," she addressed the man. There weren't all that many Federation ships this far out in the Gamma Quadrant and of those, it was uncommon to see such a small ship with few defenses, such as the Lirpa. Had they encountered trouble on the way to their meeting point, well...she was just glad to see the ship in one piece.

If there was anything the larger science vessel could do to boost their chances of a safer return home, she was willing do whatever it took.

Quote from: James Carter on January 13, 2018, 09:22:48 AM

[Transporter Room One]

[Conference Room]

Quote from: Susan Venator on January 13, 2018, 03:32:43 PM

Bridge

Suzie got the call and immediately stood up. Turning to the Lieutenant (jg) who had tactical, she addressed him directly.

"You have the Bridge." She said formally.

The Vulcan came out from behind his station and stood next to the command chair.

"I have the Bridge." He formally replied.

Suzie nodded and immediately headed to the Conference Room.

Conference Room

Suzie entered and giving nods to the Captain and XO she addressed Kirok directly.

"It is a pleasure to work with you again Admiral." She said before taking her seat.

[Conference Room]

Naira followed Captain Carter and Admiral Kirok to the conference room. She took her place standing behind her usual chair, the one to the left of the head of the table and waited for all of the senior officers to file in and take their seats before she would sit down. One hand rested atop the headrest with her fingers dug ever so softly into the upholstery.

"If everyone can please take a seat we can get started right away. The admiral has some very important information he would like to share with us and from my understanding we don't have any time to waste."

When those gathered started to take their seats, she gestured to the admiral. "Please go ahead."

Caleb Brighton

Medical Bay
" Well I'm glad you got the reminder otherwise I would of come to you "Wendy replied her tone serious but the smile on her face said otherwise as she waited for Katheryn to sit down on the bio bed. " Don't worry it won't take long and we won't tell Caleb that you almost forgot she said in jest as she got the hypospray ready.
It was then that the call from the Captain echoed through her comm badge and Katheryn looked at Wendy. " It'll just have to be the shot for now Wendy and we reschedule as I need to get to the conference room asap" she said. Wendy nodded and pressed the hypo against Katheryn's neck releasing its contents into her bloodstream.

" Thanks Wendy she said getting up from the bio bed and adjusted her tunic over her small bump then got ready to leave hoping that Cal had also heard the call.

Caleb was just looking over the new microsuture set that was gifted to the antenna. It would make quick stitching much easier and would be practical for use in many surgeries. Just when he picked it up and was about to demonstrate on a practice hologram, he got a call that he was needed for a meeting. "Looks like we have to 86 this demonstration for now. I have something I need to take care of. Wendy is in charge until I get back," Caleb said as he placed the item in its case.
He began to walk to find Wendy when she saw her giving Katheryn her shot. He smiled waiting as Wendy finished up. He also gave a smile to his lovely wife. "Wendy it seems that I am needed for a meeting. You're in charge while I am gone. No one is to touch the new equipment until we have a demonstration for everyone and practice time," Caleb said Wendy nodded understanding. He then turned to his wife and smiled waiting until she noticed he arrived.
Katheryn instantly heard her husband's voice as he spoke to her and smiled back at him once he turned to her. " Hey Cal " she said " I'm happy that I got to see you but as always duty calls so I'm ready when you are to get to this meeting we've been called too". Katheryn then walked over to her husband and together they bid farewell to Wendy and exited the Medical Bay for the turbolift.

[ Turbo Lift ]

Once inside she called out for Deck 1 and turned to her husband as the lift began to ascend.
" We've got a lot to talk about later when we're back in our quarters"  she said thinking about her meetings with both Naira and Ezac.
"We will cross that bridge later," Caleb said. "Let's just focus on our meeting and all will be good in the end." WIth that he gave a reassuring smile. Truth be told, once the split between he and Jenna had happened, his mind was much more clear and he seemed much more level headed. T'Prina was right that it was messing with him and he didn't even know it.

Katheryn couldn't help but smile as he spoke to her and always knew when she needed that little bit of reassurance and he never failed to cheer her up. " I agree and it always does" she replied as the lift came to halt and the doors opened. The pair then stepped out and quickly walked to their destination.

Conference Room

Katheryn acknowledged those present with a friendly nod before taking a seat just as the XO began to speak and looked in the direction of the Admiral, someone she hadn't seen since the Delta Gateway reception where her and Cal first met and gave him her full attention.

Caleb took his seat next to Katheryn once they had gotten into the room. These type of meeting went one of two ways. Either there was something horrible about to happen or there was just a roundtable of updating. There was nowhere in between, but he didn't mind meetings as much lately.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Kirok

Quote from: Naira on January 14, 2018, 01:34:56 AM

[Transporter Room One]

"We'll see to it that your ship gets those coordinates," she said to the admiral.

Naira walked over to the transporter operator and instructed him to relay the coordinates to the Lirpa for the guest room adjacent to her own quarters on Deck Two.

"Also be sure to ask if there are any supplies they need, repairs made or if any of their crew would like to stretch their legs for a bit while the admiral is aboard," she addressed the man. There weren't all that many Federation ships this far out in the Gamma Quadrant and of those, it was uncommon to see such a small ship with few defenses, such as the Lirpa. Had they encountered trouble on the way to their meeting point, well...she was just glad to see the ship in one piece.

If there was anything the larger science vessel could do to boost their chances of a safer return home, she was willing do whatever it took.

[Conference Room]

Naira followed Captain Carter and Admiral Kirok to the conference room. She took her place standing behind her usual chair, the one to the left of the head of the table and waited for all of the senior officers to file in and take their seats before she would sit down. One hand rested atop the headrest with her fingers dug ever so softly into the upholstery.

"If everyone can please take a seat we can get started right away. The admiral has some very important information he would like to share with us and from my understanding we don't have any time to waste."

When those gathered started to take their seats, she gestured to the admiral. "Please go ahead."

[Transporter Room -> Conference Room]

The CO and XO were efficient.  That was made evident from their quick transition from the Transporter Room to the Conference Room.   As they walked, Kirok observed various people completing one take or another.

After they did arrive in the Conference Room, the half Vulcan noticed just how quickly everyone responded to the hale to come to the meeting.   That was a good sign too.  And no sooner had they arrived that it was time to start the meeting.

"Thank you, Naira.  Thank you all for allowing me to join you today" Kirok said as he stood.  He clicked a button to put an image onto a monitor for all to see.  "What you are seeing here is a planet that has not yet reached warp capability.  So we are not able to make contact with the inhabitants directly due to the Prime Directive.  But we have reason to believe that someone is taking advantage of the inhabitants.  It is our job to stop them" he said.

"You Captain and Naira have more details.  It would be best if we had one of them explain the rest" he said.  Then he turned and looked from Carter to Naira.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Naira

Quote from: Kirok on January 14, 2018, 03:42:53 PM

[Transporter Room -> Conference Room]

The CO and XO were efficient.  That was made evident from their quick transition from the Transporter Room to the Conference Room.   As they walked, Kirok observed various people completing one take or another.

After they did arrive in the Conference Room, the half Vulcan noticed just how quickly everyone responded to the hale to come to the meeting.   That was a good sign too.  And no sooner had they arrived that it was time to start the meeting.

"Thank you, Naira.  Thank you all for allowing me to join you today" Kirok said as he stood.  He clicked a button to put an image onto a monitor for all to see.  "What you are seeing here is a planet that has not yet reached warp capability.  So we are not able to make contact with the inhabitants directly due to the Prime Directive.  But we have reason to believe that someone is taking advantage of the inhabitants.  It is our job to stop them" he said.

"You Captain and Naira have more details.  It would be best if we had one of them explain the rest" he said.  Then he turned and looked from Carter to Naira.

[Conference Room]

"Thank you, admiral."

Naira pushed back her chair, got up and stood next to the table.

"I can take it from here. From the information we have been given, we have reason to believe that there is a rogue group of individuals working in this region of space. We are unsure as to their true objective, but reports reports are telling us that they are providing pre-warp civilizations with advanced technology and swaying the balance of power in the region."

She took a moment to let her words sink in before continuing on. With one hand she gestured to the image of the planet still displayed on the screen.

"This planet you see before us is known as Vindii Prime. We don't know much about it, but we do know that recently they have experienced an increase in severe temperatures due to solar flares. By our calculations, temperatures will continue to rise dramatically over the next few weeks, making the planet incapable of further sustaining to life. Starfleet has been monitoring readings from the planet over the last week and we've noticed in the last few days that the planet has begun to mysteriously stabilize. The local population doesn't possess the technology to avert such a disaster, and that's where our rogue group comes in."

She took a deep breath and continued.

"We believe this group is providing the Vindii people with advanced technology allowing them to change the natural course of action for their planet. We do not know what this group might be getting in return, but the admiral here has asked us to step in and investigate the matter. If this group is found to be violating the Prime Directive, we are apprehend the individuals so that they can be brought to justice."

She looked around the room at each and every one of the  department heads gathered around the table.

"Does anyone have any questions with what we are asking of you?"   

Susan Venator

Quote from: Naira on January 14, 2018, 09:41:21 PM

[Conference Room]

"Thank you, admiral."

"I can take it from here. From the information we have been given, we have reason to believe that there is a rogue group of individuals working in this region of space. We are unsure as to their true objective, but reports reports are telling us that they are providing pre-warp civilizations with advanced technology and swaying the balance of power in the region."

She took a moment to let her words sink in before continuing on. With one hand she gestured to the image of the planet still displayed on the screen.

"This planet you see before us is known as Vindii Prime. We don't know much about it, but we do know that recently they have experienced an increase in severe temperatures due to solar flares. By our calculations, temperatures will continue to rise dramatically over the next few weeks, making the planet incapable of further sustaining to life. Starfleet has been monitoring readings from the planet over the last week and we've noticed in the last few days that the planet has begun to mysteriously stabilize. The local population doesn't possess the technology to avert such a disaster, and that's where our rogue group comes in."

"We believe this group is providing the Vindii people with advanced technology allowing them to change the natural course of action for their planet. We do not know what this group might be getting in return, but the admiral here has asked us to step in and investigate the matter. If this group is found to be violating the Prime Directive, we are apprehend the individuals so that they can be brought to justice."

She looked around the room at each and every one of the  department heads gathered around the table.

Conference Room

Suzie listened to the briefing and nodded before slightly raising her hand.

"How are we going to go about this? Is this going to be like a Duckblind expedition or will we just be staying out of the populace's way?" She asked.

Naira

Quote from: Susan Venator on January 14, 2018, 11:02:21 PM

Conference Room

Suzie listened to the briefing and nodded before slightly raising her hand.

"How are we going to go about this? Is this going to be like a Duckblind expedition or will we just be staying out of the populace's way?" She asked.

[Conference Room]

She turned to look at Lieutenant Venator as she asked her question.

"That's a very good question. We should know more once we reach the planet, but the plan is to try to interact with the local populace as little as possible. If we do need to send a team down to the planet, I want our people to do everything in their power to maintain their covers and blend in to the best of their ability. There may be someone else out there with no regard for upholding the Prime Directive, but we should hold ourselves to a higher standard."

"Any other questions? If that is all, I'd like each of you to prepare your departments because we don't know what to expect out there."

"Commander Carter, I want your people prepared to apprehend members of this rogue group should we encounter them. Lieutenant Reinhart and Ms Venator, I want you to monitor communications in the system for signs of this group and you'll need to contact Starfleet in the event that we encounter them. Lieutenant Ridgeline, I want want your best pilots on standby should we need to employ shuttlecraft. Meanwhile, I'll be working with science and engineering to monitor the planet and attempt to shutdown or confiscate any technology that should not be located on the planet."   

Katheryn Brighton

Quote from: Naira on January 15, 2018, 12:47:38 AM

[Conference Room]

"Commander Carter, I want your people prepared to apprehend members of this rogue group should we encounter them. Lieutenant Reinhart and Ms Venator, I want you to monitor communications in the system for signs of this group and you'll need to contact Starfleet in the event that we encounter them. Lieutenant Ridgeline, I want want your best pilots on standby should we need to employ shuttlecraft. Meanwhile, I'll be working with science and engineering to monitor the planet and attempt to shutdown or confiscate any technology that should not be located on the planet."

[Conference Room]

Katheryn listened intently as both Admiral Kirok then the XO spoke understanding fully why the Admiral was here and the importance of the mission not to mention the potential conflict, moral and political ramifications of what this group was doing. Yes she could see why they would want to help those on Vindii Prime but the risks were extremely high especially when it came down to breaking one of their fundamental and most sacred laws.

When the XO then asked if there were any questions, she thought about it for a moment before Lieutenant Venator was the first to speak and her question pretty much covered what Katheryn herself had been thinking. Then the XO continued and issued her orders, giving clear instruction as to what the plan was and Katheryn immediately thought of Ezac and how she could co ordinate from the Bridge.

"Understood Commander, I'll co ordinate with Chief Ezac and have our team prepared".

Academy Commandant

Caleb Brighton

"Any other questions? If that is all, I'd like each of you to prepare your departments because we don't know what to expect out there."

[ Conference Room ]

Caleb listened intently to the briefing. This was obviously a much more serious matter than he initially thought. It seemed that his hunch was true. If these rogues were indeed causing a ruckus, who knows what could happen. He knew all to well the delicate balance of respecting the local religion. Cole had to scold one of the newbie at his jungle clinic to fix relations with the local witch doctor medicine whom he had gained a friendship with and passed knowledge along. He knew he couldn't bring along Ed or Al if he was needed on away team. This was a heft pickle to be in, but he was confident that the Athena could get things done.

"I understand that we need to blend in. Do we know how advanced the technology is that has been introduced by the rogues?" Caleb asked. "I am not saying we take aggressive action, but having a weapon nearby in case things get hairy is useful. I want to clarify I am not saying I would use the weapons, but I have used them as leverage before. I have a bad feeling about these rogues and I trust my gut when it comes to things like this." As he said this, he instinctively grabbed his wife's hand under the table. He trusted his wife's instincts, but he had a new family he had to think about and he would do anything to protect them. Yes Katheryn would probably be on the away team, but he was going to do his damnedest to be sure that the team was prepared. He was ready to lay his life down to protect his wife. 

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Kirok

Quote from: Caleb Brighton on January 15, 2018, 07:40:31 PM

[ Conference Room ]

Caleb listened intently to the briefing. This was obviously a much more serious matter than he initially thought. It seemed that his hunch was true. If these rogues were indeed causing a ruckus, who knows what could happen. He knew all to well the delicate balance of respecting the local religion. Cole had to scold one of the newbie at his jungle clinic to fix relations with the local witch doctor medicine whom he had gained a friendship with and passed knowledge along. He knew he couldn't bring along Ed or Al if he was needed on away team. This was a heft pickle to be in, but he was confident that the Athena could get things done.

"I understand that we need to blend in. Do we know how advanced the technology is that has been introduced by the rogues?" Caleb asked. "I am not saying we take aggressive action, but having a weapon nearby in case things get hairy is useful. I want to clarify I am not saying I would use the weapons, but I have used them as leverage before. I have a bad feeling about these rogues and I trust my gut when it comes to things like this." As he said this, he instinctively grabbed his wife's hand under the table. He trusted his wife's instincts, but he had a new family he had to think about and he would do anything to protect them. Yes Katheryn would probably be on the away team, but he was going to do his damnedest to be sure that the team was prepared. He was ready to lay his life down to protect his wife.

[Conference Room]

Kirok stood back and watched as Naira took point in the meeting.  Although she had only had the data a short time, she knew it like the back of her hand.   He nodded as she spoke, agreeing as much as approving of her words.

And the crew had good questions.  They were pertinent and on point.  That was good.  Very good, indeed.       

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Naira on January 14, 2018, 09:41:21 PM

[Conference Room]

"Thank you, admiral."

Conference Room - USS Athena

Ruth put up a hand to attract attention, being as red-haired as she was she was surprised that no one had mentioned her arrival given that this was the first time she had seen the senior officers, some of whom she knew from previous assignments, and she had only arrived a few hours earlier.  This was serious when even her flame hair didn't have everyone greeting her.  She had been quietly listening and taking notes on her personal PADD.

"Leiutenant Ruth Sigurdsdottir Sciences, here, I am newly come to the Athena." she said by way of introduction.

"While we are investigating the potential breach to the Prime Directive, are we able to garner as much information about this planet as possible, from the ship via scanners as possible, this would be advantageous to monitor the temperature too, since you mentioned the temperature rise and the apparent stabilization.  Also, do we know if these solar flares are going to cause any CMEs??"

Ruth collected herself and reminded her brain that this was not a group of scientists. "...  coronal mass ejections, the ejections of electrons, protons and ions from the Sun.  Also flares can cause tech malfunctions, we're normally well shielded for this on the ship, depends on the severity, but it's worth mentioning. Especially if these interfering busybodies are using tech to stabilise the planet... thus if this malfunctions we have another problem in that the planet is once again unstable and the lifes on it in danger...not to mention radiation if we have to go down to the planet, so safety of our own crewmembers too. Something our CMO might want to be ready for."

Ruth stuttered to a halt.  "Sorry... science overload, come find me after the meeting if you want any of that clarified." she apologised.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Susan Venator

[Conference Room]

She turned to look at Lieutenant Venator as she asked her question.

"That's a very good question. We should know more once we reach the planet, but the plan is to try to interact with the local populace as little as possible. If we do need to send a team down to the planet, I want our people to do everything in their power to maintain their covers and blend in to the best of their ability. There may be someone else out there with no regard for upholding the Prime Directive, but we should hold ourselves to a higher standard."

Conference Room

Suzie nodded.

"Aye Commander." She replied, already formulating how best to cover the whole planet to try and pick up any transmissions without giving their presence away.

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on January 16, 2018, 06:17:37 PM

Conference Room - USS Athena

Ruth put up a hand to attract attention, being as red-haired as she was she was surprised that no one had mentioned her arrival given that this was the first time she had seen the senior officers, some of whom she knew from previous assignments, and she had only arrived a few hours earlier.  This was serious when even her flame hair didn't have everyone greeting her.  She had been quietly listening and taking notes on her personal PADD.

"Leiutenant Ruth Sigurdsdottir Sciences, here, I am newly come to the Athena." she said by way of introduction.

"While we are investigating the potential breach to the Prime Directive, are we able to garner as much information about this planet as possible, from the ship via scanners as possible, this would be advantageous to monitor the temperature too, since you mentioned the temperature rise and the apparent stabilization.  Also, do we know if these solar flares are going to cause any CMEs??"

Ruth collected herself and reminded her brain that this was not a group of scientists. "...  coronal mass ejections, the ejections of electrons, protons and ions from the Sun.  Also flares can cause tech malfunctions, we're normally well shielded for this on the ship, depends on the severity, but it's worth mentioning. Especially if these interfering busybodies are using tech to stabilise the planet... thus if this malfunctions we have another problem in that the planet is once again unstable and the lifes on it in danger...not to mention radiation if we have to go down to the planet, so safety of our own crewmembers too. Something our CMO might want to be ready for."

Ruth stuttered to a halt.  "Sorry... science overload, come find me after the meeting if you want any of that clarified." she apologised.

Suzie turned in surprise at the familiar voice and immediately saw the face of someone she never expected to see again.

"Ruth Sigurdsdottir! Well I'll be! When did you get on board?" She asked with more than a trace of surprise on her face.

Kirok

Quote from: Susan Venator on January 16, 2018, 06:40:14 PM

Conference Room

Suzie nodded.

"Aye Commander." She replied, already formulating how best to cover the whole planet to try and pick up any transmissions without giving their presence away.

Suzie turned in surprise at the familiar voice and immediately saw the face of someone she never expected to see again.

"Ruth Sigurdsdottir! Well I'll be! When did you get on board?" She asked with more than a trace of surprise on her face.

[Conference Room]

Kirok offered a nod.  Ruth did make some good point.  But it would be best if Naira replied to the questions.

He had given her the floor.  It would be rude for him to jump back in after doing so.   Thus he remained silent.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Susan Venator on January 16, 2018, 06:40:14 PM

Conference Room

[USS Athena - Conference Room]

Ruth raised her eyebrows and sort of gestured towards Kirok with a 'ssssh, the head honcho is in residence!' look on her face.  Then hissed "Later!" very low to Susan.  On her PADD she quickly tapped a message:

Susie - Catch up with you later after the meeting, use my offer to 'catch me later to explain the Science-y bits' if you need to otherwise set up some time we're both off duty and we'll grab a coffee.  ~ Ruth

Then nodded at her ex shipmate and smiled indicating that she was happy to see her even if trying to maintain a professional stance.

Quote from: Kirok on January 16, 2018, 09:08:12 PM

[Conference Room]

Kirok offered a nod.  Ruth did make some good point.  But it would be best if Naira replied to the questions.

He had given her the floor.  It would be rude for him to jump back in after doing so.   Thus he remained silent.

Ruth was used to the Vulcan Admiral and indeed Vulcan customs.  She found them rather comforting in 'official' situations.  She bowed back with a deep inclination of her head.  She liked and respected the Admiral and was grateful for the posting as it indicated his trust in her as a Science Officer... especially when thrown into the fray with such a connundrum as this.

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.