S13 - M1: When the Bough Breaks, Part II

Started by Tekin Nevir, September 04, 2018, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inzjana

BRIDGE | SCIENCE STATION ONE

Inzjana was watching the movement of everyone that was ashore with the sensors, ready to intervene at the moments notice if necessary. It wasn't until everyone was aboard the Allegheny and had dusted off that Inzjana had let herself relax, as she realised she had been tense. Putting it down to a lack of meditation during this mission, she took her finger away from the comms icon, until she noticed the EM sensors spike again and the apparent reason why.

"Commander, they are attempting to reopen the Gateway," Inzjana started, until the sensors told her more. "Correction Commander, the Gateway has opened, transit complete. Sensors indicate no life signs in the base."

As the sensors read that the Gateway was now closed, the power required to maintain it was too much for the already crippled power system and had now reached critical mass.

=A=USS DISCOVERY TO USS ALLEGHENY set course 132 mark 53 and engage maximum warp for two minutes...GO NOW!=A=

Turning to the command chair, "Commander I strongly suggest we do the same!" Inzjana said, with a hint of urgency in her voice.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on October 03, 2018, 11:40:23 PM

[Lab]

There was a noticeable sigh of relief as he sighted Ryder and the other security personnel.  As they met up and quickly turned on their heels, Nevir actually gave a smile.  "Ensign, you are a gift from the Prophets... lead the way." he said, as they continued.  There were more shards of pain, and a couple more patches on his skin, but Nevir had bigger things to worry about.

Surprisingly, parental instinct kicked in, and for a moment he considered telling the young man to hand over the child.  If not the mother, than it would be the one who delivered him.  But the Bajoran let that thought go as he ignored the growing pain he had, and they rounded through halls and corridors.

=/\= "Acknowledged, Adams you get that shuttle prepped and ready for evasive maneuvers.  We are almost there." =/\= he said, letting the time limit push him farther than he thought he could.

As the seconds ticked away, Nevir was relived as they turned a corner and there was not just any shuttle, but the roundabout.  Of course, they were much more agile.

Don spun his head as he saw the team rushing in. Then he spun his head back to the console. Was that a baby he saw in Ryder's arms. He spun again.
"Whatbala-" he stopped cause he was mumble cause his mind did not believe it. "Right, yeah" he said with coolness and went back to the controls.

"Alright, everyone on board!  We leave now!" he called, only subconsciously rubbing the side of his neck.  He made sure everyone was aboard, and then stepped in himself, hitting the door control.

"Adams, punch it!" he called,

That would not be a bad thing to do was punch the Captain for his poor choice of saving the team [/quote]

bracing himself for the shuttle to start moving.  "And tell Discovery to fire everything they have.  No one is going to miss this place." he said, making his way up towards the cockpit.  The acting ensign was probably still upset with him, and honestly, he had every right to be.

"This is why I wanted Ardyn instead of you.  You have the experience to get us out of tight situations.  Thanks for picking us up." he said, putting a hand on the pilot's shoulder before turning and going back to where Ardyn was.  Now that they were safe, the adrenaline was starting to wear off for him, which meant it had to have been for her as well.

"Remind me not gamble with you...don't like your high stakes," he joked with a smirk. But still he was not happy with the choice.

"How are you feeling, Jaeger?"

=/\= Ensign Addams to Discovery we are gonna be out, just drop those bombs and make the gates of Hell take this station down =/\=

Don had hoped they are down and safe cause the take off not like gentle waves kissing the beach, but his was like hard big waves hitting rocks. The shuttle was pushed to go beyond its limits to take off. Addams ignored the safe and rules for it now.

The shuttle got smacked by some rubbish that came crashing down as they went out, the shields had protected them. The shuttle had bounced. Addams fought to gain her back control with balance.

"Woah! Sorry baby...it's your first adventure," he said to the baby in Ryder's arms but not taking his focus off his task.

The heat was up. And hearing Inzjana's voice over the comm. he took what she said and just done the coordinates.

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Inzjana on October 04, 2018, 05:42:24 AM

Inzjana was watching the movement of everyone that was ashore with the sensors, ready to intervene at the moments notice if necessary. It wasn't until everyone was aboard the Allegheny and had dusted off that Inzjana had let herself relax, as she realised she had been tense. Putting it down to a lack of meditation during this mission, she took her finger away from the comms icon, until she noticed the EM sensors spike again and the apparent reason why.

"Commander, they are attempting to reopen the Gateway," Inzjana started, until the sensors told her more. "Correction Commander, the Gateway has opened, transit complete. Sensors indicate no life signs in the base."

As the sensors read that the Gateway was now closed, the power required to maintain it was too much for the already crippled power system and had now reached critical mass.

=A=USS DISCOVERY TO USS ALLEGHENY set course 132 mark 53 and engage maximum warp for two minutes...GO NOW!=A=

Turning to the command chair, "Commander I strongly suggest we do the same!" Inzjana said, with a hint of urgency in her voice.

[Bridge]

Ian snarled savagely, but going by the tone of Inzjana's voice, what he wanted to do had to defer to what reality required. He sighed and growled to Helm and Tactical.

"Helm roll 90 degrees to starboard on the X-Axis and initiate course recommended by Mister Inzjana. Tactical, relay same orders to Bravo and Gamma hulls. Engage."

Ian drummed his fingers on the captain's chair and seethed at not being certain of exterminating Stamen.

P'Larr Santiago

« USS Discovery Brig »

The counselor whipped around once the gruff Security crewman came bounding her way before turning to the other security crewmen, "Take off the restraints, please. I've gathered what I need for now, the Red Alert deserves our undivided attention," she said to the security personnel that surrounded the Edosian like villagers with fire in their hand while they wielded their pitchforks after their beloved Operations chief was fighting for her life in Sickbay, "Mr. Huqma, please, no surprises. No sudden movements," she said with conviction and nodded her head to reinforce her command.

"I need Galloway's permission for a more thorough scan in Sickbay but now isn't the right time considering the Alert," she said glancing up while the light of the room shifted to a stark red against her pale complexion. The thought of having to interrupt Galloway for an inquiry as to the attacker of Chief Reyes and the permission to usher in the detained patient to Sickbay for thorough imaging was less than thrilling. Stepping backwards with the other gang of security, she turned around to take in the fair haired security crewman.

The threshold of the cell glowed briefly for a moment as the force field separated the Edosian from freedom, "Inconclusive. Nothing on my tricorder showed any sort of fluctuation or tampering with the neural pathways. However, depending on the sophistry behind anyone who tampered with his cerebral cortex, we might need a more precise scan of the area," she said with a bit of a trepidation and the hopes of positive reinforcement from the crewman.

"However, if there is something to find with Huqma, it might lead us to what was occurring in that laboratory," she said innocently while batting her lashes in his direction. "What do you think?"

When all is said and done, you'll believe God is a woman.

Ian Galloway

[Bridge]

As soon as the three sections of the Discovery dropped out of warp, Ian issued a new set of orders.

"Signal Beta and Gamma hulls ta initiate reconnection and then go ta all stop. Once we are at station keepin' signal the Allegheny she is clear to dock in shuttlebay one. Send a medical team to meet them. Mister Inzjana, you have the bridge. I am goin' ta meet the captain."

Ian took the turbolift and arrived shortly after the medical team in full decon gear who informed him of discrepancies in the readings on the captain and Lieutenant Jaeger's baby.

"Her baby? But she was only at seven months!"

Ian stopped speaking rather than start a rant in front of crew, but his lips drew into a tight line as he waited for the runabout to land. At that point a forcefield shimmered into place as the decontamination protocols activated. As the captain exited, Ian could tell even without extensive medical he didn't look right.

"Welcome back Sir. Good ta see you are alive, but we are goin' ta have ta have a conversation regardin' away team protocols. However, that is for another time. I hate ta be the bearer of bad news, but I have a strong suspicion Stamen and her cronies were able ta use the Iconian gate ta escape. In addition, I know you know better than I what happened, but the biofilters registered anomalies with yourself and the lieutenant 's baby, thus the full decon package. I am here because I wanted the bad news ta come from me.

"One the other hand, I do have one bit of tentative good news. Chief Reyes survived her emergency surgery, but is still touch and go. I have ta leave now so the medical team can do what they do. I just want ta repeat how happy I am ta see you again Captain."

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Ian Galloway on October 05, 2018, 05:43:34 AM

[Bridge]

As soon as the three sections of the Discovery dropped out of warp, Ian issued a new set of orders.

"Signal Beta and Gamma hulls ta initiate reconnection and then go ta all stop. Once we are at station keepin' signal the Allegheny she is clear to dock in shuttlebay one. Send a medical team to meet them. Mister Inzjana, you have the bridge. I am goin' ta meet the captain."

Ian took the turbolift and arrived shortly after the medical team in full decon gear who informed him of discrepancies in the readings on the captain and Lieutenant Jaeger's baby.

Ian stopped speaking rather than start a rant in front of crew, but his lips drew into a tight line as he waited for the runabout to land. At that point a forcefield shimmered into place as the decontamination protocols activated. As the captain exited, Ian could tell even without extensive medical he didn't look right.

"Welcome back Sir. Good ta see you are alive, but we are goin' ta have ta have a conversation regardin' away team protocols. However, that is for another time. I hate ta be the bearer of bad news, but I have a strong suspicion Stamen and her cronies were able ta use the Iconian gate ta escape. In addition, I know you know better than I what happened, but the biofilters registered anomalies with yourself and the lieutenant 's baby, thus the full decon package. I am here because I wanted the bad news ta come from me.

"One the other hand, I do have one bit of tentative good news. Chief Reyes survived her emergency surgery, but is still touch and go. I have ta leave now so the medical team can do what they do. I just want ta repeat how happy I am ta see you again Captain."

[shuttle bay- Didcovery]

After getting home and parking the shuttle in the Discovery. Don has left to meet welcome party. He turned to Jaeger and smiled. "Glad to have you back too and the addition crew," he quietly joked to Jaeger.

Inzjana

Inzjana knew without his grumbling that he would have preferred to see the base destroyed by his own hands, but as any good Starfleet Officer, trigger happy or not knows, the safety of the ship is paramount.

As they jumped to warp, the sensors read a massive explosion and an intense burst of gamma rays. What was left of the planet, you couldn't fit in a coffee cup, as Professor Andre Offenbach would say, something to at least make Galloway a little pleased at least.

"My apologies Commander," she said, But the planetary power core, multiple antiproton/hydrogen Converters, according to the sensors, were about to breach at any moment due to the activation of the Iconian Gateway. The already compromised power systems, thanks to you I might add, could not support the extra load."

[Bridge]

Inzjana watched the main viewer as the Discovery dropped out of warp as the assigned time had elapsed. The time Inzjana gave was simply a safety net to make sure the ship and crew were out of harms way.

Thinking of how disappointed Commander Galloway was when she made the pronouncement, Inzjana ran over the figures and sensor logs in her mind to make sure she had made the correct judgement call and when she reached the conclusion of the mental simulation, it was clear to her that it was. Of course she knew that, Inzjana had witnessed the sensor readings of the planet Illiad III's demise first hand, but it never hurts to run them again, even if it was only to satisfy a concern. Which was when Commander Galloway handed the Bridge over to her, a surprise to be sure and Inzjana found it agreeable to be trusted with such a task, even if it was just to sit there and twiddle her thumbs.

"Aye Commander," Inzjana said, "I have the conn."

As Ian left the bridge, Inzjana stood from her post and made her way over to the command chair and even though it was logically just a chair, Inzjana still felt inwardly no small amount of trepidation. After all, it was her first time, officially, to be given the honour. The other time was on the trial run of the Event Horizon, a secret project to have a starship capable of opening its own wormhole using the so-call Gravity Drive, Inzjana helped design...before it was stolen by a renegade band of Romulan outlaws.

Sitting down, Inzjana used the terminal to log in the change of 'watch' then sat back and clasped her hands together, making a steeple of her index fingers and started to meditate, eyes open in case she was needed, or the commander, or captain came back.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on October 03, 2018, 02:33:37 PM

[Bridge > Brig]

Lennox had heard of Mr. Huqma's capture and had been temporarily detained in the Brig. Coupled along with that was the word that Kali hadn't made it on the operating table; it hadn't set the Scotsman off with the right state of mind to be heading down to the Brig - but he was going to go either way. His approach to the Brig was sped up when the Red Klaxons began to sound, pushing off from his walk into a full-on sprint as he made the length of the corridor and rounded into the bridge.

He had heard the cries, and of course it went unheard. One of theirs hadn't made it, and there was no way they weren't going to make Huqma's pay for it. Lennox eyed up P'Larr, the counselor from way earlier on; whom he had to admit had slipped his mind until now.

"Ye feckin' ain't gettin' yer due process." Lennox growled, his own phaser drawn at the restrained figure on the floor before giving a quick glance over at P'Larr. "What does the tricorder say?"

Quote from: P'Larr Santiago on October 05, 2018, 03:08:15 AM

« USS Discovery Brig »

The counselor whipped around once the gruff Security crewman came bounding her way before turning to the other security crewmen, "Take off the restraints, please. I've gathered what I need for now, the Red Alert deserves our undivided attention," she said to the security personnel that surrounded the Edosian like villagers with fire in their hand while they wielded their pitchforks after their beloved Operations chief was fighting for her life in Sickbay, "Mr. Huqma, please, no surprises. No sudden movements," she said with conviction and nodded her head to reinforce her command.

"I need Galloway's permission for a more thorough scan in Sickbay but now isn't the right time considering the Alert," she said glancing up while the light of the room shifted to a stark red against her pale complexion. The thought of having to interrupt Galloway for an inquiry as to the attacker of Chief Reyes and the permission to usher in the detained patient to Sickbay for thorough imaging was less than thrilling. Stepping backwards with the other gang of security, she turned around to take in the fair haired security crewman.

The threshold of the cell glowed briefly for a moment as the force field separated the Edosian from freedom, "Inconclusive. Nothing on my tricorder showed any sort of fluctuation or tampering with the neural pathways. However, depending on the sophistry behind anyone who tampered with his cerebral cortex, we might need a more precise scan of the area," she said with a bit of a trepidation and the hopes of positive reinforcement from the crewman.

"However, if there is something to find with Huqma, it might lead us to what was occurring in that laboratory," she said innocently while batting her lashes in his direction. "What do you think?"

[Brig]

Huqma could do nothing through the humanoid handling and could only blab desperately as he was restrained by very biased security officers. "I didn't kill her! I didn't!" But his cries went unheard for now as P'Larr began examining him.

He had hoped something in the readings would be conclusive, but his face fell when everything was negative. "There are gaps in my memory! I don't remember even holding a weapon, let alone firing it!" Surely there was something, anything, that could exonerate him!

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on October 03, 2018, 11:40:23 PM

[Lab]

There was a noticeable sigh of relief as he sighted Ryder and the other security personnel.  As they met up and quickly turned on their heels, Nevir actually gave a smile.  "Ensign, you are a gift from the Prophets... lead the way." he said, as they continued.  There were more shards of pain, and a couple more patches on his skin, but Nevir had bigger things to worry about.

Surprisingly, parental instinct kicked in, and for a moment he considered telling the young man to hand over the child.  If not the mother, than it would be the one who delivered him.  But the Bajoran let that thought go as he ignored the growing pain he had, and they rounded through halls and corridors.

=/\= "Acknowledged, Adams you get that shuttle prepped and ready for evasive maneuvers.  We are almost there." =/\= he said, letting the time limit push him farther than he thought he could.

As the seconds ticked away, Nevir was relived as they turned a corner and there was not just any shuttle, but the roundabout.  Of course, they were much more agile.

"Alright, everyone on board!  We leave now!" he called, only subconsciously rubbing the side of his neck.  He made sure everyone was aboard, and then stepped in himself, hitting the door control.

"Adams, punch it!" he called, bracing himself for the shuttle to start moving.  "And tell Discovery to fire everything they have.  No one is going to miss this place." he said, making his way up towards the cockpit.  The acting ensign was probably still upset with him, and honestly, he had every right to be.

"This is why I wanted Ardyn instead of you.  You have the experience to get us out of tight situations.  Thanks for picking us up." he said, putting a hand on the pilot's shoulder before turning and going back to where Ardyn was.  Now that they were safe, the adrenaline was starting to wear off for him, which meant it had to have been for her as well.

"How are you feeling, Jaeger?"

[runabout]
Ardy slumped down on one of the seats, absolutely drained . To be honest, she barely heard Tekin's voice, but mumbled a tired "I'm holding together" before the shuttle took off again. Peering out of the port window, Ardy saw the lab go up in an explosion, with the pressure waves shaking the shuttle somewhat as they got away.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Lennox Ainsley

Quote from: P'Larr Santiago on October 05, 2018, 03:08:15 AM

« USS Discovery Brig »

[Brig]

Lennox couldn't help but keep his eyes glued on the Edosian. His brows were deeply furrowed, and the skin around his jaw was tight when the revelation of the fact that nothing was wrong, or nothing was tampered with. There was a sharp exhale of breath from his nose as he finally tore his gaze away to P'Larr.

"Yer suggestin' that there's nothin' wrong with this guy--"

Quote from: Kali Reyes on October 05, 2018, 07:30:44 PM

[Brig]

Huqma could do nothing through the humanoid handling and could only blab desperately as he was restrained by very biased security officers. "I didn't kill her! I didn't!" But his cries went unheard for now as P'Larr began examining him.

He had hoped something in the readings would be conclusive, but his face fell when everything was negative. "There are gaps in my memory! I don't remember even holding a weapon, let alone firing it!" Surely there was something, anything, that could exonerate him!

"Yer best bet would be te shut up." Lennox said, sharply at the Edosian. His mood was disappearing fast and certainly wanted to simply leave the man in lock up, max sec. But, the rational part of his brain knew that unfortunately, it wasn't going to solve anything. "What are ye suggestin' we do, Doc? What else d'we need te do wit' him?"

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Tekin Nevir

[Bridge]

[Discovery]

As soon as they touched down back on board the ship, Nevir was at the door, opening it and directing crew.  "Get Miss Jaeger to Sickbay and have her checked.  And the baby.  I want to make sure they are both clean." he stated, trying to wave off the medics who were concerned about him.  Sure, he hurt, but he had a job.

Hearing his first officer, he couldn't help but smile.  "Then you did get my message.  Good... I look forward to that recital.  I'm sorry I had to keep you out of the loop.  But..." he said turning and looking into the roundabout.  "You did exactly what I expected you to.  You did good, Commander.  And despite what it looks like... what we look like, we did not leave empty handed." he said, turning back to Ian.

"Don't worry about Stamen.  I took her down, even if I couldn't finish her off.  If she escaped, then we've at least denied them a secluded facility in the middle of nowhere."

He took a step onto the deck and then breathed in... even though it hurt.  "Stamen injected me with something that I think she did to the Vulcans.  She said it was designed for me to fight it off, and specific to Bajorans.  I have pain all throughout my..." he winced as his neck felt like it was on fire, and his hand shot up to the brownish patch there.  As soon as he felt contact, his hand felt... moist.  He pulled it back and looked down to see the unmistakable red.  Oh no.

"I think... until we... know... you're still in... ack!" he said, as a sharp pain from his chest came in and his knees gave out, dropping him to the floor.  The adrenaline gave out... now it was time for the Captain to handle what was done for him, for there was no barrier to hold it off now. 

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on October 07, 2018, 02:23:12 PM

[Discovery]

As soon as they touched down back on board the ship, Nevir was at the door, opening it and directing crew.  "Get Miss Jaeger to Sickbay and have her checked.  And the baby.  I want to make sure they are both clean." he stated, trying to wave off the medics who were concerned about him.  Sure, he hurt, but he had a job.

Hearing his first officer, he couldn't help but smile.  "Then you did get my message.  Good... I look forward to that recital.  I'm sorry I had to keep you out of the loop.  But..." he said turning and looking into the roundabout.  "You did exactly what I expected you to.  You did good, Commander.  And despite what it looks like... what we look like, we did not leave empty handed." he said, turning back to Ian.

"Don't worry about Stamen.  I took her down, even if I couldn't finish her off.  If she escaped, then we've at least denied them a secluded facility in the middle of nowhere."

He took a step onto the deck and then breathed in... even though it hurt.  "Stamen injected me with something that I think she did to the Vulcans.  She said it was designed for me to fight it off, and specific to Bajorans.  I have pain all throughout my..." he winced as his neck felt like it was on fire, and his hand shot up to the brownish patch there.  As soon as he felt contact, his hand felt... moist.  He pulled it back and looked down to see the unmistakable red.  Oh no.

"I think... until we... know... you're still in... ack!" he said, as a sharp pain from his chest came in and his knees gave out, dropping him to the floor.  The adrenaline gave out... now it was time for the Captain to handle what was done for him, for there was no barrier to hold it off now.

[Shuttlebay]

It was so impossibly hard to stand his ground on the other side of the force field as the captain crumpled, but Ian closed his eyes and clenched his fists and endured one of the most painful episodes of his life. Regardless of how he felt, he knew he was now in the way and he turned to the doctor.

"Do what you can do, but there is no tellin' what that twisted psychopath has done to them."

Ian then stepped back and addressed the entire shuttle bay.

"This area is now under full medical quarantine until cleared by the CMO. All hands clear out and let the doctors do their jobs."

Ian moved toward the door and was the last to exit the shuttlebay, he then returned to the bridge and relieved Inzjana, resuming command as he waited for word from the doctor.

Don Damien Addams

Don quickly came over to the side of the Captain. "Here let me assist you, sir," Don said. There was nothing stopped the acting Ensign to help the man. He did not think of catching an illness etc. even if he did. He had nothing or nobody to leave. Well, that was how he saw it. If he died. He be joining his mom and dad in the cosmos.

[/quote]

Quote from: Ian Galloway on October 07, 2018, 05:16:12 PM

It was so impossibly hard to stand his ground on the other side of the force field as the captain crumpled, but Ian closed his eyes and clenched his fists and endured one of the most painful episodes of his life. Regardless of how he felt, he knew he was now in the way and he turned to the doctor.

"Do what you can do, but there is no tellin' what that twisted psychopath has done to them."

"I will help the Captain , sir."

"This area is now under full medical quarantine until cleared by the CMO. All hands clear out and let the doctors do their jobs."

Ian moved toward the door and was the last to exit the shuttlebay, he then returned to the bridge and relieved Inzjana, resuming command as he waited for word from the doctor.

Then Don had followed everyone to sick bay. It was a good way to get news on the baby. How the baby was Jaeger's? Poor kid was born before his time. He had wondered how that gonna affect the little tyke.

Inzjana

Quote from: Ian Galloway on October 07, 2018, 05:16:12 PM

[Shuttlebay]

"Commander Galloway has the conn," Inzjana said, more for the computer to log, rather than to anyone on the bridge who would actually care.

Inzjana was relieved by Commander Galloway in two ways when he come back on to the bridge; relieved from the 'watch' and relieved that he relieved her from said duty. Never in her career was she really that interested in being in command, preferring instead to be where she was at present. Naturally, if presented with command, she would take it out of obligation, but would not actively seek it out for herself.

While away from Shadow Fleet, Inzjana spent much of her time on the planet Reach, Vulcan and out on missions whether for scientific purposes and for Starfleet Intelligence. During that time Section 31 even tried to recruit her, but she refused wholeheartedly much to their chagrin, apparently, but they left it at that, which was odd for them. But Inzjana, although weary of S31, never really looked back and seeing what they were up to on Illiad III, Inzjana was relieved that she did say no.

Back at her station, Inzjana kept an eye on the gravimetric, quantum and subspace sensors, specifically looking for an sign that there was another gateway out there, it was possible, even probable, given just how prolific the Iconians seemed to be.

>>>END<<<

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.