S12 - M5: Raid on Paradise

Started by Kirok, December 01, 2017, 07:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on December 24, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

[Bridge]

A brief moment of silence ensued, and T'Ra found herself thinking about the strange situation she had found herself in: on a new ship, in the captain's chair, dealing with a hostage situation, and pregnant. She was tired and irritable, but the safety of the crew came before all else. Though she did not know them yet, they were now like family to her.

EQ was right, voicing concerns she already feared would be true. They could not beam anyone back up without lowering the shields, and she was not about to do that, at least not until they had a better idea of the enemy's strength and numbers.

"Do we have locations on everyone down there?" she asked.

[Bridge]

EQ looked up from his station.  "I can start working on that next.  The probes came up empty.  I can divert power to long range sensors, if you like, Captain" he called out.

Then he dropped his head again.  He minimized the probe info.  Then started the search for his crewmates on the planet.

That would take some time.  There were lots of them.  And he would have to go one by one to be absolutely correct.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: EQ Kimball on December 24, 2017, 04:36:24 PM

[Bridge]

EQ looked up from his station.  "I can start working on that next.  The probes came up empty.  I can divert power to long range sensors, if you like, Captain" he called out.

Then he dropped his head again.  He minimized the probe info.  Then started the search for his crewmates on the planet.

That would take some time.  There were lots of them.  And he would have to go one by one to be absolutely correct.

[Bridge]

T'Ra almost frowned, but she kept her face placid. The probes had come up empty, leaving them with no more information than they had before, and less time. With a hostage situation on their hands, every second mattered. T'Ra nodded. "Divert power."

She pushed herself to her feet, too uneasy to remain sitting, though her back groaned with the effort. "Open a channel." To the Kazon, to Starfleet? It didn't matter. But someone was about to get an earful.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on December 27, 2017, 01:28:30 PM

[Bridge]

T'Ra almost frowned, but she kept her face placid. The probes had come up empty, leaving them with no more information than they had before, and less time. With a hostage situation on their hands, every second mattered. T'Ra nodded. "Divert power."

She pushed herself to her feet, too uneasy to remain sitting, though her back groaned with the effort. "Open a channel." To the Kazon, to Starfleet? It didn't matter. But someone was about to get an earful.

[Bridge]

"Aye, Ma'me" EQ replied.  He tapped a few buttons.  First to divert power.

Then to open a channel.  "Channel open, Ma'me" he said.  Then he set about on his next task.

Quote from: LK Reede on December 23, 2017, 09:57:25 PM

Hearing phaser fire and the resultant screams, LK immediately fell on the ground, sidling toward a copse of trees. Just as she rolled to a stop, she realized she still had her uniform on. Her type 1 phaser was tucked into the small pouch at the back of her slacks.

A rustling and a swish sounded above her. Looking up, Lt. Reede saw the bottom of a boot disappear as it flung itself over a tree branch. Squinting, she glimpsed the profile of the Bajoran science officer. They'd never formally met, but they'd been in the same briefings together. Well, if she can do it, I can, too. Taking a deep breath, LK carefully looked around, noting the beautiful scenery that she didn't have time to fully appreciate. At least she didn't see any enemies. She stood, crouched and thrust herself up onto the same branch ensign Alway had climbed on. Away? Awen? Oh, well, I'll find out soon enough.

Sitting on the branch, keeping her balance by placing her fingertips on the trunk of the tree, she touched her comm badge opening a personal channel. Then she whispered, =/\= Reede to Awen. I'm below you. Do you have a plan? =/\=

Hope I got her name right.

While Jones prepared to talk to the Kazon, EQ typed out a message that would hit all the crew com badges at the same time.  He excluded those he knew to be currently on the ship - intending for those on the planet below to receive.  'EQ to Discovery crew.  We have encountered enemies. Group in central locations as you are able and prepare to transport.  And reply as you are able' the sent out.

Lennox Ainsley

[Bridge]

Lennox was at his station, doing checks over their weaponry and their systems in case anything went sideways.

"Do ye want me to do anythin'?" He asked.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: EQ Kimball on December 27, 2017, 07:57:04 PM

[Bridge]

"Aye, Ma'am," EQ replied.  He tapped a few buttons.  First to divert power.

Then to open a channel.  "Channel open, Ma'am," he said.  Then he set about on his next task.

While Jones prepared to talk to the Kazon, EQ typed out a message that would hit all the crew com badges at the same time.  He excluded those he knew to be currently on the ship - intending for those on the planet below to receive.  'EQ to Discovery crew.  We have encountered enemies. Group in central locations as you are able and prepare to transport.  And reply as you are able' the sent out.

Quote from: Lennox Ainsley on December 28, 2017, 11:15:40 AM

[Bridge]

Lennox was at his station, doing checks over their weaponry and their systems in case anything went sideways.

"Do ye want me to do anythin'?" He asked.

[Bridge]

T'Ra folded her arms behind her back as the liberated borg set about his tasks. She took it as a chance to ground herself, taking in the soft pressure of the center chair against her calves. In the moment before the main viewer flickered, a crewman spoke up, breaking her reverie. "Yes," she replied, just now realizing she didn't know his name --she barely knew any of them. "Prepare a firing sequence to deal with the Kazon ship. Things are about to get dicey."

-Evan Buehler

Kirok

[Bridge]

EQ offered the Sec/Tac Officer a nod.  Then he relaxed just a bit.  Having extra hands would help.

Then he looked down at his board.  It worried the Liberated Borg that no one had replied yet.  So he tested the com system by sending a message to his badge - which rang immediately.

T'Ra Jones

[Bridge]

T'Ra turned back to face the main viewer, her brows furrowing as the image of a Kazon male filled the screen. "This is Maje Ralak," he growled. "What is the meaning of this?" A jagged tooth rested against his bottom lip.

"I wish to negotiate a surrender," T'Ra replied flatly, giving no explanation. The Maje gave a grunt of surprise. Clearly he was not expecting that. But she had learned a thing or two after serving under Hawke for the better part of a year. "But it will take us some time to get everyone beamed off the ship."

"An hour," Ralak grunted.

Then T'Ra motioned for the channel to be closed. "Just to be clear," she added, in response to the baffled looks, "we're not beaming down. Just buying time."

-Evan Buehler

LK Reede

Quote from: EQ Kimball on December 27, 2017, 07:57:04 PM

[Bridge]

'EQ to Discovery crew.  We have encountered enemies. Group in central locations as you are able and prepare to transport.  And reply as you are able' the sent out.

Lt. Reede wiggled around on the branch in an attempt to get the bark sticking her into flattening out before replying to the comms in a whisper.

=/\='Reede here. Get me off this planet, will ya?=/\=

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.