S12 - M10: Humility's Right Hand

Started by Tekin Nevir, June 03, 2018, 12:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Don Damien Addams on July 01, 2018, 06:41:51 PM

[Beta battle Bridge]

The man bit his lower lip. May you prophets protect us, he prayed in a thought. He knew there was some force out there, but he did not practice. However, it does rub off a bit from some certain spiritual believers.

His brown eyes was focused on that gap and his hands was pressing buttons. He had take a quick look down to be sure he was going to hit the proper button for full impulse.

You heard that? a thought said to him.

One chance...one chance to do it right, he told that thought.

Not his knowledge, Don had always pulls off a last second stunt when things look bad. So here it is.

[Vidiian's bridge]

The Vidiian's pilot saw the other saucer coming toward them. They are crazy! These people are not suppose to do that. It was not that nature!

"*MOVE MOVE!" The commander of the ship was rushing behind his pilot. "Move!" He exclaimed. The commander figured he could do it himself.  The pilot fell onto the floor. Punching buttons as he had turned the ship little more wrong.

[Beta Battle Bridge]

The Beta hull was right into the gap and the the other ship seemed to shift. The bash pilot curses as he quickly made the adjustment. It was close that he swear he could see the eye's of the Vidiian.

Quote from: Jebediah Schrock on July 01, 2018, 11:37:20 AM

[Bridge]
Jeb would have been bamboozled at the captain using his first name, but he was under too much pressure to note it at the moment. With the message freshly sent, he now had two Vidiians behind him (trying for his very gently-used liver perhaps), and the shield to take care of.
While Jeb tried to engage all the internal shields, one of the Vidiians near him was shot, alongside a panel that fell to expose the ship's wiring. The other Vidiian grabbed his arm, thus exposing his stomach to Jeb's starfleet-issued boots to make impact. As the diseased brute howled in pain, Jeb firmly stepped on him, shuddering as he felt ribs crack.
With the intruders leaving him for the moment, Jeb put up shields which fully compartmentalized the ship. Then, he turned to try and get the Discovery's own shields back up. Since a high-energy configuration simply could not be maintained, he opted for a pulsating shield model, in which, at any given moment, 35% of emitters work at a more intense mode. It was not as good as fully functional shields, but that was what the backup systems could fuel so it was what they had.
Then, as Nevir requested the status of the other hulls, Jeb checked it.
"Sir, the Gamma Hull is fine, but the Beta Hull seems to be on a... c-c-collision course with the Vidiians?"
Jeb could hardly believe it himself. What were they doing?

[Main Bridge - USS Discovery]

It was the second time in the past hour that he gave an exasperated "What?", only this time he followed it up with an order for it to be put on screen.  The main viewer change views to the aft section, where the secondary hull was sailing almost right at them.  Did Alex lose his mind?

"Reinforce hull integrity... take it from all systems if necessary."

=/\= "All hands.... brace for impact!"  =/\= he shouted, before taking a seat and gripping the arms.  It felt like seconds turning into hours, while throughout the hull the Vidiians went from a raid to a panic.  This so called disabled ship wasn't defenseless as they expected.

The ship shuddered as the Vidiian vessel tried to pull out of way, still attached to the Discovery.  Whether it was luck, pitch, or piloting, the ship sailed right at the gap between the two ships, the only obstacle being the dorsal nacelle, which offered little resistance to the force of hundreds of thousands of tonnes.  The alpha section was pushed down by the force of a tractor beam, and the grapple cables were no match for the momentum of the other ship.

Inside the bridge, panels exploded with feedback energy, and even Nevir was thrown out of his seat... right into where the first officer laid.  It was then that he was able to see the first of what had to be quite a few causalities.  Nevir was stunned, as the upper hull drifted away from the ship.  The force acting on the ship was gone, as the vessel that it came from was severely injured.

The other Vidiian ship light up as their shields failed, and the vessel pulled away from Gamma.  It sailed over Alpha for a moment, and used the disabled shields to pick up those that had fallen.  Both ships struggled, but they engaged their engines and went to warp.  It was over.

"Hail Wu...." he said, standing up, turning as the viewscreen changed.

"Alex.... I ought to have you strung up for what you just did......"  he said, but a relieved smile spread through.  "But thanks.  I have no idea what I'm going to do without you now...." he shook his head.  "Well, we've lost our warp abilities with that nacelle... get Gamma and interlink the ships. Then I want you to get us home.  Tekin out." he said, turning to where the visible body of his Trill former first officer laid.

"Medical team to the bridge... we have causalities." he said, hitting the comm one more time. He closed his eyes, shaking his head.  His was Captain again, and once again, people died under him.  And there was ship damage.

"Admiral... until Wu gets here... you have the bridge." he said, turning and going into his ready room. 

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Alexander Wu on July 01, 2018, 04:53:22 PM

[Beta Section: Battle Bridge]

Despite Addams' reassurances, Alex wasn't convinced. It just didn't look or feel enough. "Kali, get on the Ops panel." He sprang from his seat, vaulting over the railing to take her place at Tactical. "Reconfigure the tractor beam to repel against the Alpha section. If the Vidiian are using grappling hooks, their shields will be down and vulnerable. We're going to drive them apart like a wedge."

As he spoke, Alex's fingers were racing over the console, accessing the targeting arrays. The computer was helpful in analyzing weak spots, but at the moment, he only cared about two; the deflector shield and those grappling points. "Addams, full impulse, overdrive those engines. Set course for that gap. Kali, get ready with the tractor beam and be prepared to extend our shields around the Alpha section. Timing's critical, we only have one chance to get this right."

[Beta Section - Battle Bridge]

Kali all too quickly vacated the seat for Ops, which was beeping incessantly with damage reports and the intra-ship communications relay knocked offline from the last hit. She had no choice but take all the reports via text and compile the emergency ones that needed immediate verification.

Once her short reply assured the Beta section's department heads, Kali waited for the tractor beam to power up as they intercepted themselves between Alpha and the Vidiian ship. This is suicide - I quit! Kali shot an incredulous look at Alex for emphasis before she did as ordered.

Natch! Their tractor beam managed to snag the Alpha portion. Her console went crazy, warning her of overload between them and the enemy ship, but she had a sneaking feeling Alex was going to have her head of she half-assed the rescue. Kali threw up a pitiful power flux of shielding over Alpha in order to power the tractor beam to its absolute limit and, out of either luck or miracle, Alpha came undone from the enemy ship.

And of course, the Ops console had to finish its death knell by shortening out just as she relaxed, sending more sparks all over the place. Kali took a deep breath and raised her hands in the air. "Not even mad. Nope." Even if it meant having to run down the turbolift to get a proper damage report.

...she was going to have to run down the turbolift to get a proper damage report.

"Okay," she announced. "I'm a little mad."

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on July 01, 2018, 09:50:53 PM

[Main Bridge - USS Discovery]

It was the second time in the past hour that he gave an exasperated "What?", only this time he followed it up with an order for it to be put on screen.  The main viewer change views to the aft section, where the secondary hull was sailing almost right at them.  Did Alex lose his mind?

"Reinforce hull integrity... take it from all systems if necessary."

=/\= "All hands.... brace for impact!"  =/\= he shouted, before taking a seat and gripping the arms.  It felt like seconds turning into hours, while throughout the hull the Vidiians went from a raid to a panic.  This so called disabled ship wasn't defenseless as they expected.

The ship shuddered as the Vidiian vessel tried to pull out of way, still attached to the Discovery.  Whether it was luck, pitch, or piloting, the ship sailed right at the gap between the two ships, the only obstacle being the dorsal nacelle, which offered little resistance to the force of hundreds of thousands of tonnes.  The alpha section was pushed down by the force of a tractor beam, and the grapple cables were no match for the momentum of the other ship.

Inside the bridge, panels exploded with feedback energy, and even Nevir was thrown out of his seat... right into where the first officer laid.  It was then that he was able to see the first of what had to be quite a few causalities.  Nevir was stunned, as the upper hull drifted away from the ship.  The force acting on the ship was gone, as the vessel that it came from was severely injured.

The other Vidiian ship light up as their shields failed, and the vessel pulled away from Gamma.  It sailed over Alpha for a moment, and used the disabled shields to pick up those that had fallen.  Both ships struggled, but they engaged their engines and went to warp.  It was over.

"Hail Wu...." he said, standing up, turning as the viewscreen changed.

"Alex.... I ought to have you strung up for what you just did......"  he said, but a relieved smile spread through.  "But thanks.  I have no idea what I'm going to do without you now...." he shook his head.  "Well, we've lost our warp abilities with that nacelle... get Gamma and interlink the ships. Then I want you to get us home.  Tekin out." he said, turning to where the visible body of his Trill former first officer laid.

"Medical team to the bridge... we have causalities." he said, hitting the comm one more time. He closed his eyes, shaking his head.  His was Captain again, and once again, people died under him.  And there was ship damage.

"Admiral... until Wu gets here... you have the bridge." he said, turning and going into his ready room.

[Bridge]

"Aye, captain." Adeyemi said quietly. At some point in the fight, a sliver of something sharp and small had ricocheted from an exploded panel and grazed the admiral's shaved skull. He was bleeding slightly, from his temple down to his jaw. He didn't notice until a few scattered droplets hit his console.

"Get on to someone else," Adeyemi waved away a medical officer as she approached. This wasn't heroic grandstanding of a flag officer; he was simply not hurt enough to warrant immediate treatment.

"Get the captain a damage report," He said tiredly. He stood in front of the commanding officer's chair, not sitting. "And carry out his orders."

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Don Damien Addams on July 01, 2018, 06:41:51 PM

[Beta Battle Bridge]

The Beta hull was right into the gap and the the other ship seemed to shift. The bash pilot curses as he quickly made the adjustment. It was close that he swear he could see the eye's of the Vidiian.

As the reticule settled on the Vidiian's ship's deflector array, Alex held his fire as long as he dared, even while watching their enemy try and maneuver free. Hardlined to the Alpha section, their former prey was now deadweight and the cause of their demise. His knees bent to absorb the impact, Alex's first torpedo volley macerated the deflector, putting an end to whatever effect their beam had on Alpha section.

As their hull sliced through the grappling lines like a dull knife through butter, Alex belatedly remembered to transfer power to the structural integrity field. Only they had no spare auxiliary left, the strain on their extended shields and tractor beam already stressing the core past it's rating. Firing the dorsal phasers at point-blank range, he winced at every shudder, feeling every impact. And then it was all over, the Vidiians limping away as fast as they could go. Alex knew they were in no shape to pursue.

Quote from: Kali Reyes on July 01, 2018, 10:19:03 PM

And of course, the Ops console had to finish its death knell by shortening out just as she relaxed, sending more sparks all over the place. Kali took a deep breath and raised her hands in the air. "Not even mad. Nope." Even if it meant having to run down the turbolift to get a proper damage report.

...she was going to have to run down the turbolift to get a proper damage report.

"Okay," she announced. "I'm a little mad."

"Sorry Kali. I'll make it up to you." Alex replied, slowly straightening as the immediate danger receded into the distance at warp. "Stand down to yellow alert. If you're getting too old, I can make arrangements to get you an assistant." He added the last part teasingly, giving her a tired smile. The viewscreen flickered, and Alex tried to hide his dismay on seeing the damage in Tekin's background. Selfishly, he also felt relieved at the same time, spotting a familiar blonde still at the helm.
Quote from: Tekin Nevir on July 01, 2018, 09:50:53 PM

"Alex.... I ought to have you strung up for what you just did......"  he said, but a relieved smile spread through.  "But thanks.  I have no idea what I'm going to do without you now...." he shook his head.  "Well, we've lost our warp abilities with that nacelle... get Gamma and interlink the ships. Then I want you to get us home.  Tekin out."

Without you? Puzzled, Alex hid a frown as the viewscreen switched off, and then just gave up working altogether. "Tabernac...sorry again, Kali." He winced, glancing at the Ops Chief, and the person who would now have to clean up much of the mess they had made. "I'll pitch in to help. And first round's on me when we get back to spacedock."

"Mr.Addams, begin the reintegration process with Alpha and Gamma. And nice flying." Alex took a deep breath, the acrid smoke harsh in his nose and throat. This has been one hell of a shakedown cruise. "Carry on."

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Don Damien Addams

[Disco - Beta bridge]

As the Beta was soaring after her vicious, ripping attack Don was staring blankly at the main screen front of him. He was still. The shock had left his soul back there. It jumped out. The out of body feeling was on him. His body did not want to move. He just did not believe he had done that with people and lived. But he had done it. He knew he was damn good, but his confidence was being challenge with people and a bigger ship.

The blinking button was saying, you idiot the nacelle is gone. His brown eyes shifted to stare at it. The world around him was slow. ]MOVE! he was yelling to himself in the still of time. The fact time was normal, but his mind was playing slow.

"Mr.Addams,

SWOOSH!

The soul was sucked back to its body as he heard his name.

begin the reintegration process with Alpha and Gamma. And nice flying." Alex took a deep breath, the acrid smoke harsh in his nose and throat. This has been one hell of a shakedown cruise. "Carry on."

"Yes sir," he said with happiness. The flight officer started to punch the manual settings in.  I really need a drink. Really a good one. They had don all lot of damage, but it saved all lot of people.

Jebediah Schrock

[Bridge]
Everything that happened next was a blur to Jeb. There was a crash, shaking, another console exploding and leaving what was probably a first-degree burn (he jolted quickly) on his right hand, and lastly some more shaking.
Finally, a rattled Jeb got straightened out, and made his way to the back of the bridge to make some adjustments to the power systems on the ship. Namely, everything in the Alpha hull that wasn't fried went to life support, sanitation, and keeping the lights on.
"Sir, most of the consoles here are cooked," he reported, not entirely aware of which "sir" this was. "I recommend we transfer control of the ship to one of the Battle Bridges or Main Engineering as soon as the sections are integrated."
This was a sensible proposition, in Jeb's eyes. The main bridge was like a marshmallow that had been dropped into a bonfire, roasted beyond recognition on the outside.

I may fall down on my face almost every day, but I always get back up with a smile on my face.
~Alt of Judy Eastman~

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Jebediah Schrock on July 03, 2018, 12:53:36 PM

[Bridge]
Everything that happened next was a blur to Jeb. There was a crash, shaking, another console exploding and leaving what was probably a first-degree burn (he jolted quickly) on his right hand, and lastly some more shaking.
Finally, a rattled Jeb got straightened out, and made his way to the back of the bridge to make some adjustments to the power systems on the ship. Namely, everything in the Alpha hull that wasn't fried went to life support, sanitation, and keeping the lights on.
"Sir, most of the consoles here are cooked," he reported, not entirely aware of which "sir" this was. "I recommend we transfer control of the ship to one of the Battle Bridges or Main Engineering as soon as the sections are integrated."
This was a sensible proposition, in Jeb's eyes. The main bridge was like a marshmallow that had been dropped into a bonfire, roasted beyond recognition on the outside.

[Bridge]

Looking around, Adeyemi saw that the crewman was wholly correct. He nodded.

"Make it so, crewman." The admiral didn't see the need to inform Tekin of the change. It was all clean up at this point. He did not want to disturb the Bajoran, who was clearly ill at ease with what he had just been forced to do.

The admiral approached the viewer, where the remains of the Vidiian ship were still exploding like a starburst. Quietly, the devout Christian said a prayer for all the lives that they had been forced to snuff out. God always forgave, he knew, but sometimes that was harder to believe than others.

" =/\= Adeyemi to Jones. Doctor, casualty reports, please. =/\= " The admiral asked.

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 02, 2018, 08:48:30 AM

[Bridge]

"Aye, captain," Adeyemi said quietly. At some point in the fight, a sliver of something sharp and small had ricocheted from an exploded panel and grazed the admiral's shaved skull. He was bleeding slightly, from his temple down to his jaw. He didn't notice until a few scattered droplets hit his console.

"Get on to someone else," Adeyemi waved away a medical officer as she approached. This wasn't heroic grandstanding of a flag officer; he was simply not hurt enough to warrant immediate treatment.

"Get the captain a damage report," He said tiredly. He stood in front of the commanding officer's chair, not sitting. "And carry out his orders."

[Bridge]
Ardy quickly shifted all of the power she could to the structure of the ship in breakneck speed after getting the orders, before getting jolted violently almost off the seat. Panels were exploding left and right, and the helm was no exception, sending a smattering of splinters her way, slicing through her unguarded hands in a chilling reminder of explosions long past. It didn't seem as though her baby was hit though, thank goodness for that. Wincing just slightly as she pulled some of the larger pieces out, she surrendered her hands to the medical officer to finish up the deed. "Admiral, we're ready for Beta to rejoin when they're ready

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Don Damien Addams on July 02, 2018, 07:44:38 PM

"Yes sir," he said with happiness. The flight officer started to punch the manual settings in.  I really need a drink. Really a good one. They had don all lot of damage, but it saved all lot of people.

Although some of the latch points had been damaged, enough were still serviceable for Discovery to reunite as one ship. As the lighting flickered to blue undertones, Alex nodded slightly. "Addams, proceed with the maneuver. I'm going to check on the main bridge, stay at your station for now."

"Kali, once you have that damage report, bring it up top." Alex patted her on the shoulder as he passed, stepping around several pieces of bulkhead that had inexplicably become detached from the wall. What a mess. With a final sigh as he boarded the turbolift, he waited for the confirmation that the docking was successful, and then made his way to the bridge.

[Main Bridge]

Stepping out into the scene of destruction that had been behind Tekin, Alex was for a moment speechless. There were still bodies of the Vidiian lying about amongst the wreckage, and he could see the top of their XO's head slumped over in her seat. Merde. "Ardyn." He whispered, a jolt of panic shooting through him when she saw her being attended to by a medic, blood dripping from her hands.

Alex was halfway to her before he realized the Admiral was still on the bridge, standing at the Conn. Hesitating midstep, the priorities in his mind only took a second to solidify. "Ardyn, are you alright?" Alex asked, coming to a halt next to the MO, though careful not to interfere. "Admiral, has the Captain been injured?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Don Damien Addams

Although some of the latch points had been damaged, enough were still serviceable for Discovery to reunite as one ship. As the lighting flickered to blue undertones, Alex nodded slightly. "Addams, proceed with the maneuver. I'm going to check on the main bridge, stay at your station for now."

The flight Acting Ensign nodded his head. "Aye,aye sir," he replied. Gemma and Beta had to override alpha's locking to get locked in. Sadly, Alpha's flight console was out of order.

This was his first official mission in this Starfleet uniform again and it was an huge disaster. It made no sense to DD. The only thing he could fester was destiny. Destiny had played a role. Things are in the right place and right time. Destiny. Luck. Whatever you want to call it. Some claim it is the Celestials in space have to do with it. Possible those Prophets exists.

"Kali, once you have that damage report, bring it up top." Alex patted her on the shoulder as he passed, stepping around several pieces of bulkhead that had inexplicably become detached from the wall. What a mess.

All bridges got the green light saying all was connected. There will be major repairs to seal the holes and cracks.

With a final sigh as he boarded the turbolift, he waited for the confirmation that the docking was successful, and then made his way to the bridge.

Addams turned to Kali after the Captain stepped out of the bridge. He whispered to her, "Sorry breaking the ship..." he was going to say it was an order. "Send the bill to the Lieutenant Commander," he winked.

Then the pain in his knees acted up from the broken blown off panel under the flight console. "Let me at least me fix that," he told her. He added. "I use duct tape and paper clips," he joked. The left turn punch line.

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Alexander Wu on July 04, 2018, 12:43:08 PM

"Kali, once you have that damage report, bring it up top." Alex patted her on the shoulder as he passed, stepping around several pieces of bulkhead that had inexplicably become detached from the wall. What a mess. With a final sigh as he boarded the turbolift, he waited for the confirmation that the docking was successful, and then made his way to the bridge.

[Main Bridge]

Stepping out into the scene of destruction that had been behind Tekin, Alex was for a moment speechless. There were still bodies of the Vidiian lying about amongst the wreckage, and he could see the top of their XO's head slumped over in her seat. Merde. "Ardyn." He whispered, a jolt of panic shooting through him when she saw her being attended to by a medic, blood dripping from her hands.

Alex was halfway to her before he realized the Admiral was still on the bridge, standing at the Conn. Hesitating midstep, the priorities in his mind only took a second to solidify. "Ardyn, are you alright?" Alex asked, coming to a halt next to the MO, though careful not to interfere. "Admiral, has the Captain been injured?"

[Bridge]
Ardy winced as the medic plucked out another shard and ran the dermal regenerators over the open wound. You'd think that with as often as I've been caught in console explosions, they'd make them out of more durable stuff. she grumbled to herself as she noticed Alex come into the bridge. the flash of panic from him was pretty evident, even without her Betazoid abilities to amplify that. "I'm-OW! - fine, Alex. It's just my hands that took the worst of it." she said nonchalantly, nudging her elbows to the slight bump on her abdomen. One mental glance at the baby confirmed that all was well on that front. "I think the kiddo might be sleeping or something. They didn't notice a thing." She said, looking around the bridge.  Thick smoke, while extinguished, still wafted up lazily from the security console, and debris and dead bodies were strewn all around, including the lifeless form of the XO. Sighing, she felt the locks engage as Beta rejoined. "Beta is now connected to Alpha. Standby to reattach Gamma."

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Alexander Wu on July 04, 2018, 12:43:08 PM

[Main Bridge]

[Bridge]

"Just his pride," Adeyemi replied in a low voice that only carried between the two officers. He knew that Wu would understand what he meant. The admiral did not know what kind of man Tekin was, but he clearly required solitude and introspection after battle.

"Let's get a security squad to escort any wounded enemies to sickbay," The admiral told Wu. "And then right to the brig. We'll debrief the Vidiians and find out what is to be done with them after."

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on July 04, 2018, 03:51:18 PM

"I'm-OW! - fine, Alex. It's just my hands that took the worst of it." she said nonchalantly, nudging her elbows to the slight bump on her abdomen. One mental glance at the baby confirmed that all was well on that front. "I think the kiddo might be sleeping or something. They didn't notice a thing." She said, looking around the bridge.  Thick smoke, while extinguished, still wafted up lazily from the security console, and debris and dead bodies were strewn all around, including the lifeless form of the XO. Sighing, she felt the locks engage as Beta rejoined. "Beta is now connected to Alpha. Standby to reattach Gamma."

[Bridge]

"Get yourself to Sickbay Ardy...there's nothing more you can do here." Alex suggested gently, touching her lightly on the shoulder before turning to the Admiral.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on July 05, 2018, 08:39:52 AM

[Bridge]

"Just his pride," Adeyemi replied in a low voice that only carried between the two officers. He knew that Wu would understand what he meant. The admiral did not know what kind of man Tekin was, but he clearly required solitude and introspection after battle.

"Let's get a security squad to escort any wounded enemies to sickbay," The admiral told Wu. "And then right to the brig. We'll debrief the Vidiians and find out what is to be done with them after."

"Aye Sir." Alex nodded once, then appraised the damage again. There's no way this will be functional anytime soon. Tapping his commbadge, he contacted the other section. =/\="Wu to Addams. Once reintegration is complete, set course for Starbase Columbus, best safe warp speed. Maintain Wu to Engineering, provide Chief Reyes with a damage report and repair estimate. Wu to Security, initiate a full sweep of the ship, secure all remaining Vidiians in the brig."=/\=

Don Damien Addams

"Aye Sir." Alex nodded once, then appraised the damage again. There's no way this will be functional anytime soon. Tapping his commbadge, he contacted the other section.  =/\= "Wu to Addams. Once reintegration is complete, set course for Starbase Columbus, best safe warp speed. Maintain Wu to Engineering, provide Chief Reyes with a damage report and repair estimate. Wu to Security, initiate a full sweep of the ship, secure all remaining Vidiians in the brig.  =/\=

[Beta Battle bridge]

=/\= Aye, aye. Sir,  =/\= he replied as he tapped his own comm badge. The earthling pilot had feeling on how the Discovery can handle by feeling it. His instinct felt 7 was to high, but 6.8 was safe.

To double check his instinct, he ran a analysis on the power of the systems of the whole adjoining. The computer calculated 7.2. Well, he was off by .4.

=/\= Sir, 6.5 is the fastest we can go,  =/\= he reported. The reason he had the Discover go slow, there was a deep gut feeling told him that. So, he had gone with that feeling.

Plus, he had wanted to joke about the ship falling apart again. He had not said nothing funny cause he felt it was bad timing. His instinct was his best friend.

Don turned to the bridge crew, "Any you know what the Vidiians are? Are  they those unforntate race who rob organs from any race?" He asked.

That sounded much like the Borg he thought. He recalled hearing about the Borg had wanted to have perfection. There was something about that was their faith. To be all IN one with all and that was their perfection. To be all IN one and be IN one of everything. To accomplish that was above all. If they ever had reached that goal. Which was impossible. However, if there was a TRY there was a possible it would happen. They reach that level. Would the eliminate themselves. There would be nothing to become when they become that perfect status. Even the Q could not reach that if they tried.

Kali Reyes

[Beta Section - Battle Bridge]

She sighed and slumped in her seat as the ships slowly came back together. Her first day back and they had an invasion, damage reports filled her PADD, and her hair was a voluptuous mess.

Quote from: Don Damien Addams on July 04, 2018, 01:10:35 PM

Addams turned to Kali after the Captain stepped out of the bridge. He whispered to her, "Sorry breaking the ship..." he was going to say it was an order. "Send the bill to the Lieutenant Commander," he winked.

Then the pain in his knees acted up from the broken blown off panel under the flight console. "Let me at least me fix that," he told her. He added. "I use duct tape and paper clips," he joked. The left turn punch line.

She managed to peel one eye open to mock glare at him. "You break it, you buy it." Everything was a mess, but if he wanted to play mechanic, who was she to refuse? She climbed out of her seat and stretched out her back.

"You'll get a get out of Sickbay-free card if add drink holders to my station," Kali parted as she sauntered for the turbolift. She had Alex's orders - let them sort out what the hell the invaders wanted with them. Her first and foremost priority was keeping the ship held together long enough to beat it to the nearest starbase.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.