S1 - M1: Shall we Begin

Started by Kirok, January 28, 2017, 07:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: Alex Harmon on February 04, 2017, 02:13:21 AM

[Personal Quarters]

Alex had been expecting his myserious handler to contact him soon but it was earlier than he had expected. He picked up the buzzing special communicator he had been given and answered it. "You know, you still haven't given me anything to call you."

[Off Ship]

"Agent Harmon, it is good I caught you.  I thought I had mentioned it before.  You can call me Director" Sloan said.

"We have important work to day.  I assume you are on the ship.  Have you anything to report yet?" he asked curiously.

Alex Harmon

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 2 on February 04, 2017, 03:02:24 AM

[Off Ship]

"Agent Harmon, it is good I caught you.  I thought I had mentioned it before.  You can call me Director" Sloan said.

"We have important work to day.  I assume you are on the ship.  Have you anything to report yet?" he asked curiously.

"Ok, Director it is," Alex said through the communicator. "I haven't really found much yet. I haven't been aboard long but everyone has their demons. Even Vulcan Admirals so if there is dirt to be found, I'll find it."

James H. Hawk's Alt

James A. Hawke

[

Quote from: Miriam on February 03, 2017, 09:10:24 AM

Bridge

Miriam nodded at the James in acknowledgement. "Well I'm looking forward to it commander. I'll be sure to catch you when we're off duty and we can play." Miriam smiled at the commander before considering his next question.

"My background?" Miriam tried to sum it up quickly in her mind for the commander, she knew it might still take up a bit of time though. "I was brought up in HÁƒ¤llstrom hall, my grandfathers house before he passed away, the house was then split to his 5 children, my father is the youngest of 5 so he got a fifth. My grandfather was a lawyer for some time and became very wealthy from it. He later invested his time into politics and my father, Andreas, decided he wanted to follow him into politics."  She paused for a moment and then continued. "My father is quite well known in Sweden as a politician but I'm not sure about anywhere else, I think he's known of but not known of particularly well." She paused for a moment to think of the rest of her family.

"Most of my aunts and uncles are invested in law or politics, just like my grandfather however, one of my aunts and uncles are part of starfleet and they made it sound good and although I'd like to get involved with politics at some point, I decided to join up and get some real life experience first." Miriam paused, looking at the man and smiling. "Is there anything else you'd like to know?" Finished Miriam, taking a moment to breathe.

[Bridge]

James stood listening to the Ensign.  He remembered when he was her rank.  His first assignment was on a Sovereign class vessel.  He responded with a nod "I know the feeling, between us my Father made me join for political reasons...the Hawke family has been involved in the Federation for years"  He responded

He then asked her "Is there anything you want to know about me?"

Click on the Badge to see bio

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Kirok on February 03, 2017, 09:16:49 PM

[Ready Room]

Kirok returned to his seat.  "I would agree.  And you have my consent to see what can be done from the Science Labs" he said.

Quote from: Kirok on February 04, 2017, 02:53:12 AM

[Ready Room]

"It is what I would do a well.  Which is why I'm asking you to share different information with the XO and SO.  Other members of the crew with get the same treatment" Kirok replied.

"Ms. Jones, if you so choose, you may elect to go with Mr. Conwell on his mission.  He may need the additional support and I can think of no one more able to help him.  Until I see you next" he added before exiting the room.

[Sickbay]

Minutes later, Kirok arrived in Sickbay.  "Dr. McConnell, thank you  for joining the crew.  I'm Kirok.  You must be Evan Buehler.  It is agreeable to meet you" Kirok said, offering both a small bow.

[Ready Room]

T'Ra nodded briefly before rising from seat. "I wish to thank you for seeing me, Kirok," she replied. A bit of the weight that had been weighing down on her chest had alleviated, but the danger still loomed ahead, tantalizingly out of reach. It was not a problem that she could get her hands on, and that frustrated her.

She remained where she stood, a moment, turning back to face Conwell. "I would gladly assist with your mission if that is what you desire," T'Ra told him. "But as of yet, I still need to brief my department. I am sure you have other preparations that you need to make. And I can certainly give you a description of the agent. Perhaps if we reconvene later, or if you wish to page me?"

[Science Labs]

Minutes later T'Ra finally made her way into the main science lab to find Sevoc already at one of the stations. "Na'shaya, Mr. Sevoc," she said, by way of greeting. "I apologize that the meeting took so long. It ran longer than intended. Have you managed to settle in?"

Quote from: Jamie McConnell on February 04, 2017, 12:07:39 AM

Sickbay - USS Shran

It took Jamie a few minutes to gather her thoughts before she decided that she was going to see the CO of the USS Shran.  This was all well said and done but it wasn't that easy to shirk her duties in order to see Kirok.  It seemed that once she settled one affair another sprung up.  Again, Dr McConnell managed to douse a fire as another came up.  Well it wasn't so much a fire than the call of one of her top doctors.

The Vulcan-Human hybrid smiled, which was a product of her human mother's upbringing and responded, "Sure do, in fact I'll give you several seconds."  Jamie grinned, "And please call me Jamie."

NPC Evan Buehler
[Sickbay]

"Thanks... Jamie," he said, taking a small measure of comfort from the chief's smile. It was odd to see a Vulcan smile, but not entirely unusual (though T'Ra rarely smiled in public). "I'm not really sure where to begin," Evan said, running a hand through his hair. He hesitated a moment before continuing. "I was with Ad...Commander T'Ra on Starbase Edmund before we were transferred, and we were visited by some strange bloke claiming to be from the future. But that wasn't all he claimed. I can't be sure that even half the things he said were true. T'Ra would not be one to admit this, and you can't tell her I said this, but he really unnerved her."

Evan's gaze shifted, becoming unfocused and restless. "He said something about some prisoner that the captain was bringing aboard, that Kirok was obsessed, maybe even emotionally compromised... H-he said that if the prisoner didn't get loose, I would die, and she would probably too." Evan paused, trying to get his train of thought on track when his mind felt as if it was racing out of control. He tried to mimic that Vulcan mask that T'Ra wore so well, but to little effect.

"I feel duty bound to protect her," he said. "We have worked together for so long. To hell with whatever happens to me, but I gotta keep her safe. What do we do?" Evan was looking back up now, watching, waiting, and hoping to high heaven that Chief McConnell did not mistake him for some lunatic.

He had only just finished speaking when the Vulcan in question walked through the doors and into Sickbay. A Vulcan to the left of him, a Vulcan to the right, and here he was, feeling just a tinsy bit awkward. Not quite sure what to do, he dipped his head slightly in response to the bow. "Yes, sir. I'm Evan." He had never actually met this Vulcan, and it was interesting to note the differences between him and T'Ra. Evan was coming to find, that no two Vulcans were alike.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Kira Wyman

Quote from: James A. Hawke on February 04, 2017, 04:18:26 AM

[
[Bridge]

James stood listening to the Ensign.  He remembered when he was her rank.  His first assignment was on a Sovereign class vessel.  He responded with a nod "I know the feeling, between us my Father made me join for political reasons...the Hawke family has been involved in the Federation for years"  He responded

He then asked her "Is there anything you want to know about me?"

Bridge

"My father was very disappointed when he had found out that I joined up. He tried to talk me out of it, several times in fact but hey I'm still here so I guess it didn't work." Miriam grinned.

"Well, given that you wanted to know more about my background, tell me about your background." Miriam finished, eager to hear about the commander's past.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: Alex Harmon on February 04, 2017, 03:27:46 AM

"Ok, Director it is," Alex said through the communicator. "I haven't really found much yet. I haven't been aboard long but everyone has their demons. Even Vulcan Admirals so if there is dirt to be found, I'll find it."

[Off ship]

"I'm certain you will, Agent Harmon.  It is why I recruited you.  I will check in with you later"  Sloan said.

Aislin Kane

{Bridge}

"Pleased to meet you, Ardy." Aislin said smiling.  "Looking forward to working with you."  Aislin attempted to make small talk, although not usually her strength.  She was more of Á¢â,¬Ëœlet's get to the point' type of conversationalist, but she thought she might as well try and be more social.  "Are you as impressed with this ship as I am? Heh" Aislin marveled.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on February 01, 2017, 04:34:06 PM

James stood in the command area and gave a slight smile.  "Yeah, glad you are here; your experience piloting big ships would help.  Remember the Shran is bigger than the Tempest, however compared to the Tempest we have a bigger engine and more power from the Warp Core.    So technically, we fly faster.  We are actually one of the fastest ship in the fleet"  James commented.

James then wondered to the Captain's chair and sat down for a second.  He looked at the second Flight Personnel and said "Welcome to the Shran,  I am the XO,  Commander James Hawke.   Have you both seen the Saucer Separation mechanics?  They are a lot more modern than the Galaxy Class counterpart"

As he continued he made a general announcement "Ok...you guys want we can head to Main Engineering  to see the rest of the ship...also remember to show up to Medical for your medical checkup...you don't want the EMH  taking medical scans of you when you sleep...because no offense that's kind of creepy"  James commented

Aislin was pleased to meet the XO.  She did have a brief overview of the Shran's specs, but nothing up close as of yet.  She had acknowledged what the XO had said.  Then his offer to head to Main Engineering.  Would be good to see the heart of the ship, Aislin thought.

[Turbo lift -> Sickbay]

While on the tubrolift, Kirok tapped his combadge.  =/\=Mr. Mahak and Ms. Kane.  Please meet met in Sickbay.  Kirok out=/\= he said and then tapped his combadge again.

Minutes later, Kirok arrived in Sickbay.  "Dr. McConnell, thank you  for joining the crew.  I'm Kirok.  You must be Evan Buehler.  It is agreeable to meet you" Kiork said, offering both a small bow.

=/\= Aye Sir=/\=  Aislin replied tapping her combage.

"Well, Esign, er, Ardy, perhaps we shall be able to converse again.  See you around!"  Aislin smiled and then turned to head towards the turbolift.
{Sickbay}

Aislin entered sickbay and saw the Admiral, one who she believed must have been the Chief Medical Officer and another officer, but unsure of their rank/position, although they were Vulcan, she knew that much.

Ariste Stark

Quote from: Mahak on January 30, 2017, 06:15:38 PM

[Main Engineering]

Mahak had purposefully entered in the door opposite of Stark. In his hands he carried a PADD, and its addition did not impede his strong, confident walk. It was clear to observe him that he was used to carrying himself in unfamiliar environments. He was not in the least put off by the newness of the ship, it's magnificent engineering section, or the new faces.

"Good morning, ma'am," Mahak said when he spotted Stark. "I am Crewman Mahak from the engineering department. I have discovered that our ventral comm relay is malfunctioning due to a power overload that took place here in engineering. I have the specifications here on this PADD."

[Main Engineering]

Ariste looked up as she noticed another Engineer striding toward her, very purposeful in his every action. He was clearly not someone shy, or in awe about arriving on a brand new ship. A Vulcan, and a handsome one at that.

Eyes flickered down to the PADD, as she took it without hesitation. Comm relay issues shouldn't be a problem, just a matter of patching up the fried lines between the two. Looking back up at Mahak, she nodded, and offered him a dimpled smile.
"No problem, I'm on it." She agreed, before holding out her hand. "Nice to meet you, Crewman. Aristotle Stark, but you can call me sir." She smirked, before retracting her hand, whether or not Mahak had accepted her handshake. "Or Ariste." She tacked on at the last, assuring him that she was joking about calling her 'Sir' twenty-four seven.

With that she spun around, motioning toward where the Comm Relay problems should, logically be originating from. "I should get these patched up before the Admiral comes down to yell at us. Since he can't do it on the comms and all."

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Ariste Stark on February 04, 2017, 09:26:00 PM

[Main Engineering]

Ariste looked up as she noticed another Engineer striding toward her, very purposeful in his every action. He was clearly not someone shy, or in awe about arriving on a brand new ship. A Vulcan, and a handsome one at that.

Eyes flickered down to the PADD, as she took it without hesitation. Comm relay issues shouldn't be a problem, just a matter of patching up the fried lines between the two. Looking back up at Mahak, she nodded, and offered him a dimpled smile.
"No problem, I'm on it." She agreed, before holding out her hand. "Nice to meet you, Crewman. Aristotle Stark, but you can call me sir." She smirked, before retracting her hand, whether or not Mahak had accepted her handshake. "Or Ariste." She tacked on at the last, assuring him that she was joking about calling her 'Sir' twenty-four seven.

With that she spun around, motioning toward where the Comm Relay problems should, logically be originating from. "I should get these patched up before the Admiral comes down to yell at us. Since he can't do it on the comms and all."

[Main Engineering]

Mahak hadn't gone to shake hands. The constant touching of humans was new to him. But it seemed illogical and unhygienic.

"Why would the admiral yell at us for doing our duty, sir?" The Vulcan asked, honesty curious.

[Turbo lift -> Sickbay]

While on the tubrolift, Kirok tapped his combadge.  =/\=Mr. Mahak and Ms. Kane.  Please meet met in Sickbay.  Kirok out=/\= he said and then tapped his combadge again.

[Main Engineering]

Mahak blinked. It appeared that Ensign Stark was correct. The admiral was indeed trying to contact them.

"It appears you were correct, sir." He said. "I look foreword to speaking with you again on a professional basis."

"=/\=Mahak to Admiral Kirok. On my way, sir.=/\="

Sevoc

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on February 04, 2017, 07:39:38 AM

[Science Labs]

Minutes later T'Ra finally made her way into the main science lab to find Sevoc already at one of the stations. "Na'shaya, Mr. Sevoc," she said, by way of greeting. "I apologize that the meeting took so long. It ran longer than intended. Have you managed to settle in?"

(Science Lab)

"Na'shaya, ma'am," Sevoc replied in kind. "There is no need to apologize for events outside of your control. I have begun to re-familiarize myself with the differences from a starship lab and that of the Starbase."

He was contemplating whether or not to divulge the the circumstances leading to him securing his posting. He did know, however that the efficiency of his department would be one of the best in the fleet.

"Ma'am, I do however have some concerns about our ship. Before I left the Starbase, I approached by man who claimed to be Admiral Kirok's superior. He, for lack of a better term, ordered me to lower the shields to allow him to board the ship. I have a suspicion that he is actually a member Section 31. I have had a run-in of sorts with them in my last mission, so there is no need to remind me of the dangers of the group."

Sevoc was toeing a fine line, but felt it necessary. Knowing his direct superior was a Vulcan have him the assurance that anything said, baring the logical exceptions, would remain between them.

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

James A. Hawke

Quote from: Miriam on February 04, 2017, 08:46:11 AM

Bridge

"My father was very disappointed when he had found out that I joined up. He tried to talk me out of it, several times in fact but hey I'm still here so I guess it didn't work." Miriam grinned.

"Well, given that you wanted to know more about my background, tell me about your background." Miriam finished, eager to hear about the commander's past.

James looked down and wondered what to say and not to say.  He bit the bottom of his lips to stall for time.  He looked up and gave a small smile.  He responded "Our backgrounds are surprisingly alike, I grew up on Earth, my father works as a weapons developer for the United Federations of Planets, and he thought it was good political ploys to have his son join the United Federation of Planet.  My sister wants complete control of the company and I could care less of it.  Starfleet made me a better person."

He finished with a smile as the rest of the story would be hard to believe or could get him in trouble.

"Alright, Let's head down to main Engineering"  James said as he pointed at the Turbolift

Click on the Badge to see bio

LK Reede

[Brig]
"You can drop the, Sir.  Save it for the officers.  It's Chief or Lonar" the Tholian said.

He leaned in a bit closer.  "I like your spirit.  After the doctor clears you, you will be on Bridge duty.  Or where Kirok or the XO needs you" he added.

Then he moved over to the brig duty station.  "You are dismissed" he said to the other Sec/Tac person.  "I will remain here if needed" Lonar added.

LK nodded, turned to leave but listened as her chief gave the order for their prisoner's guard to leave. The guard did. She'd gotten the impression that he was put there by the captain and therefore wasn't controlled by the ships security forces.

But she'd been incorrect before.

First sickbay then a quick stop to freshen up in her quarters and then the bridge.

She was excited to be assigned to the bridge. One of her dreams was coming true.

[sickbay]

Ensign Reede stepped into the medical department and raised her hand to a nurse.

"LK Reede, here for my checkup."

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on February 04, 2017, 07:39:38 AM

He had only just finished speaking when the Vulcan in question walked through the doors and into Sickbay. A Vulcan to the left of him, a Vulcan to the right, and here he was, feeling just a tinsy bit awkward. Not quite sure what to do, he dipped his head slightly in response to the bow. "Yes, sir. I'm Evan." He had never actually met this Vulcan, and it was interesting to note the differences between him and T'Ra. Evan was coming to find, that no two Vulcans were alike.

[Sickbay]

"Welcome to the Shran.  I hope you have found your quarters to be acceptable" Kirok replied politely.  "I have an assignment for you Dr. McConnell.  I need someone to examine the prisoner who is in the Brig" he said to the CMO.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kira Wyman

Quote from: James A. Hawke on February 05, 2017, 05:41:39 PM

James looked down and wondered what to say and not to say.  He bit the bottom of his lips to stall for time.  He looked up and gave a small smile.  He responded "Our backgrounds are surprisingly alike, I grew up on Earth, my father works as a weapons developer for the United Federations of Planets, and he thought it was good political ploys to have his son join the United Federation of Planet.  My sister wants complete control of the company and I could care less of it.  Starfleet made me a better person."

He finished with a smile as the rest of the story would be hard to believe or could get him in trouble.

"Alright, Let's head down to main Engineering"  James said as he pointed at the Turbolift

Bridge

Miriam listened to James as he talked about his past. She was interested in his past, it certainly seemed more fruitful than Miriam's, she thought.

Miriam smiled at the commander and nodded. "I'm sure going to check out engineering will be a good visit." Miriam thought it was a good idea to see main engineering, especially given that she would be helping it out in engineering. She'd probably be spending a considerable amount of time in there. "Lead the way, commander." Miriam finished smiling at the commander and preparing to follow his lead.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Sevoc on February 05, 2017, 05:32:13 PM

(Science Lab)

"Na'shaya, ma'am," Sevoc replied in kind. "There is no need to apologize for events outside of your control. I have begun to re-familiarize myself with the differences from a starship lab and that of the Starbase."

He was contemplating whether or not to divulge the the circumstances leading to him securing his posting. He did know, however that the efficiency of his department would be one of the best in the fleet.

"Ma'am, I do however have some concerns about our ship. Before I left the Starbase, I approached by man who claimed to be Admiral Kirok's superior. He, for lack of a better term, ordered me to lower the shields to allow him to board the ship. I have a suspicion that he is actually a member Section 31. I have had a run-in of sorts with them in my last mission, so there is no need to remind me of the dangers of the group."

Sevoc was toeing a fine line, but felt it necessary. Knowing his direct superior was a Vulcan have him the assurance that anything said, barring the logical exceptions, would remain between them.

[Science Lab]

T'Ra folded her arms behind her back as she listened with intent. But still, a part of her mind continued to wander, returning again and again to that mysterious agent, the contours of his face, the shadows lurking behind his eyes. She could never forget that face, especially now when lives could depend on her ability to remember it. Then something the lieutenant said caused her to suddenly prick up her ears, pulling all her thoughts back to the present. T'Ra cocked her head slightly, both intrigued and concerned by Sevoc's remark.

"Fascinating," T'Ra replied, regarding her fellow Vulcan with a look of apprehension, a brow imperceptibly arched, though she could see nothing but sincerity in his eyes, his antennae still. "It is rather curious that you should mention such an occurrence. I myself have had a run-in with a peculiar individual who seems to have confirmed your suspicions of Section 31 involvement, claiming the prisoner to be a new recruit of the organization. All this he claims to have known having come from the future."

Unfolding her arms, she reached for a padd, pausing for a moment as she stopped to think. "It also seems interesting," she added, "that he should suggest you be the one to drop the shields, given that this is not normally a function under the control of a science officer. But based on other statements, I do not doubt that he may have tinkered with your access codes to allow such a plan to go forward.

"I appreciate you telling me this. I have just expressed similar concerns to the Captain with regards to Section 31, and it seems likely that our ship may face an attack, so it would be most unwise for us to drop our shields. And we must do what we can as a department to get ready."

Quote from: LK Reede on February 05, 2017, 06:48:35 PM

[Sickbay]

Ensign Reede stepped into the medical department and raised her hand to a nurse.

"LK Reede, here for my checkup."

NPC Evan Buehler
[Sickbay]

Nurse R'ah caught sight of the ensign as she strolled into Sickbay, and she in turn caught the attention of Doctor Buehler, waving him over. "We have another reporting in for a preliminary medical exam, sir," the nurse told him as he walked over, glad to get away from what was beginning to feel like a tense mosh pit. Evan nodded, turning to greet the officer in yellow. "Welcome aboard, Miss Reede," he told her. "If you'll just come this way, we'll be in Exam Room 1."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.