S1 - M1: Shall we Begin

Started by Kirok, January 28, 2017, 07:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James A. Hawke

[Bridge]

James walked near the Captain's chair.  The ship was still in the early stages of preparation.  Most of the crew was not used to the new consoles or new stations.  He stood near the chair as he looked at the crew walking and learning about their stations.

Quote from: LK Reede on January 31, 2017, 11:15:32 PM

"I do, sir. I understand we have a prisoner. Is he so dangerous that we need a..." she searched for the right word, "ship of this caliber to transport him?" She took a deep breath and asked firmly, "What is the charge, sir?"

James heard the question and could not help but give a slight smile.  He looked down and he tried to find the answer.  He knew about the prisoner and his importance.  However, on a ship this large any rumors could be deadlier or worse backfire.
He extended his hand and introduce himself.  "I don't think I had the pleasure, of your acquaintance..." He looked at her rank and responded "Ensign...and it's alright if you call me James"

"Yeah, we should have a short shakedown cruise, it's kind of normal to do a mission about it.  The prisoner is in good hands under the care of the ship's security.  To be honest"  James gave a genuine smile "I would not worry too much about it as for the exact charges...honestly I have not even looked at the specific charges"  James responded.

Their conversation was interrupted by another Ensign.

Quote from: Miriam on February 01, 2017, 12:14:20 AM

"Well I guess I should go and get my medical done with, it was great meeting you LK and I'll see you later." Miriam smiled and gave LK a simple nod and then made her way for the turbolift so she could get to medical.

James nodded and responded "By all means, don't let me stop you...Ensign ?  I am...sorry I am still trying to put names and faces together"

James looked at the helm where he noticed a familiar face from the Tempest.  "Ensign Jaeger, how do you like the Flight Controls?"

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on January 31, 2017, 10:30:52 PM

[Bridge]

T'Ra nodded, content to wait just a few moments longer before discussing the difficult matter with her old comrade. She tilted her head slightly as the first officer was introduced. It was not a face she knew, but it seemed amiable enough. Hawke was also more well versed on Vulcan customs than his fellow humans, though perhaps that had been deemed requisite to serve under such a captain. Regardless of the reason, the gesture was appreciated. "Peace and long life," she replied, the other half of the age-old greeting, spreading her fingers briefly in kind.

"Noted, Mr. Sevoc," T'Ra acknowledged. "I doubt this will take long. I do not wish to take up too much of the captain's time."
[Ready Room]

Following Kirok into his ready room, T'Ra took a seat when offered. She listened with intent as he described possible plans for the room. There was a subtle undertone to his voice as he spoke, but T'Ra could not describe what about it that had piqued her interest. T'Ra almost frowned, wondering what it was that could cause him to be distracted as the stranger had implied.

"I wish to offer thanks for accepting me, and subsequently Evan, aboard this ship," she began, gathering her thoughts. "Though I suppose I shall get right to the point. Shortly before we transferred to this ship, we were called upon by an unknown agent claiming to be from the future. He had sufficient knowledge of things he could not have known about to convince me that perhaps this was this case."

T'Ra shifted, pausing for a moment. The stranger had never asked that she say nothing, only that he did not believe Kirok would listen. Still, she could only try. "But this is not why I came to you, Kirok. This man also spoke of a prisoner you would bring on board, one who would someone make this ship a target for some grave disaster. Kirok, this worries me deeply. I only ask for assurance that you have the matter in hand and tell me what I may do to assist in keeping the crew safe."

[Ready Room]

Kirok sat in the chair at his desk.  His back was straight.  He did not recline.

It was obvious that this was a standard issue Captain's chair.  And it was obviously not a good fit for the half Vulcan.  But Kirok did not complain.

"It is rare that I can say something and know that it will be understood completely.  But with a fellow half Vulcan like yourself, I'm certain you will.  You were the logical choice for the job.  And I am certain the Evan will be quite useful in Sickbay" Kirok said.

As T'Ra continued, Kirok right eyebrow arched slightly.  It was one thing to be on the receiving end of ridicule, questions about your loyalty to Star Fleet, and doubts from others about your actions.  But is was quite another when his ship mates were coming under the same fire.

"It is unfortunately that you have become personally involved in this matter.  You have my apologies.  But no one may be safe from Section 31 until we have eradicated them completely" he said.

"That said, we do have a prisoner aboard the ship.  He is in the Brig.  I captured him on a Section 31 base and we are taking him to Earth to stand trial" Kirok confirmed.

"It did occur to me that this might put a target on our back.  But the Shran is the largest ship in the Fleet.  I specifically chose it I think it can survive most standard battles" he added honestly.

"And knowing an attack is coming at some point gives us a certain advantage.  But you may be able to help in some way.  Did this mysterious agent give you any additional information that might help us prepare?" Kirok asked.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Aislin Kane

Quote from: Kirok on January 30, 2017, 11:49:24 PM

[Bridge]

Kirok could already see the eyes of his Bridge crew start wondering.  A sign that they were eager to start looking around on their own.  A sign that he needed to cut the tour short.

"Thank you, Mr. Conwell" Kirok said.  Then he turned back to the group.  "The ship has some other unique features as well, like the CIC which it to the bow of the Bridge" he added as he pointed out the area.

"But I'm sure you are able to locate that and all the other duty stations on the ship on your own.  So, feel free to explore.  But before we end the tour does anyone have any questions I can answer" the half Vulcan said.

{Bridge}

Aislin had no questions.  She was just in awe of the ship itself.  She couldn't wait to get the feel of the vessel and how it maneuvered.

Aislin was struggling to find a way to fit in.  This being her second transfer, it was her last hope to fit in to a Starship crew.  Perhaps her mother was right and a career in Starfleet was not worth it.  She didn't want to listen to her mother, she wanted to be like her father.  Aislin had to make this opportunity work and not fail.  She barely had any friends amongst any crew she interacted with.  She was basically a nobody.

Aislin quickly read the PADD in her hand and was able to locate the navigational conn.  She looked and had already seen an office situated.  It was time to make some introductions.

"Hi, I'm Ensign Aislin Kane" she stated in her heavy Irish accent to the ensign sitting at the helm.

Ardyn Jaeger

[Bridge]

Ardyn heard the familiar sound of Commander Hawke's voice over the background of the various crew milling around.

Quote from: James A. Hawke on February 01, 2017, 02:14:28 AM

James looked at the helm where he noticed a familiar face from the Tempest.  "Ensign Jaeger, how do you like the Flight Controls?"

She smirked confidently.  "Everything's great here. There's a few new bells and whistles than what I'm used to on the Tempest. But it's all top of the line and everything.
I don't know about you, James,  but I think this ship's going to fly just fine."
Quote from: Aislin Kane on February 01, 2017, 03:20:22 AM

{Bridge}

Aislin had no questions.  She was just in awe of the ship itself.  She couldn't wait to get the feel of the vessel and how it maneuvered.

Aislin was struggling to find a way to fit in.  This being her second transfer, it was her last hope to fit in to a Starship crew.  Perhaps her mother was right and a career in Starfleet was not worth it.  She didn't want to listen to her mother, she wanted to be like her father.  Aislin had to make this opportunity work and not fail.  She barely had any friends amongst any crew she interacted with.  She was basically a nobody.

Aislin quickly read the PADD in her hand and was able to locate the navigational conn.  She looked and had already seen an office situated.  It was time to make some introductions.

"Hi, I'm Ensign Aislin Kane" she stated in her heavy Irish accent to the ensign sitting at the helm.

Ardyn noticed another ensign make her way to the navigation seat. During her month-long stint on the Tempest before getting transferred(again)to the Shran, Ardyn hadn't had much time to make many friends. She could slightly tell that this ensign felt nearly the same way.  Smiling at her fellow pilot, she introduced herself

"Nice to meet you Aislin. I'm Ardyn. Ardyn Jaeger. But you can call me Ardy if you want."

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Kirok on February 01, 2017, 02:58:51 AM

[Ready Room]

Kirok sat in the chair at his desk.  His back was straight.  He did not recline.

It was obvious that this was a standard issue Captain's chair.  And it was obviously not a good fit for the half Vulcan.  But Kirok did not complain.

"It is rare that I can say something and know that it will be understood completely.  But with a fellow half Vulcan like yourself, I'm certain you will.  You were the logical choice for the job.  And I am certain the Evan will be quite useful in Sickbay" Kirok said.

As T'Ra continued, Kirok right eyebrow arched slightly.  It was one thing to be on the receiving end of ridicule, questions about your loyalty to Star Fleet, and doubts from others about your actions.  But is was quite another when his ship mates were coming under the same fire.

"It is unfortunately that you have become personally involved in this matter.  You have my apologies.  But no one may be safe from Section 31 until we have eradicated them completely" he said.

"That said, we do have a prisoner aboard the ship.  He is in the Brig.  I captured him on a Section 31 base and we are taking him to Earth to stand trial" Kirok confirmed.

"It did occur to me that this might put a target on our back.  But the Shran is the largest ship in the Fleet.  I specifically chose it I think it can survive most standard battles" he added honestly.

"And knowing an attack is coming at some point gives us a certain advantage.  But you may be able to help in some way.  Did this mysterious agent give you any additional information that might help us prepare?" Kirok asked.

[Ready Room]

T'Ra was not sure whether to feel relieved or distressed by Kirok's confirmation of the prisoner's presence, as well as the potential attack, so she chose the middle ground to feel neither, outwardly in any case. But inside a battle raged, and she felt torn, torn between the love for a man and a certain comfort that only logic could offer. She did not doubt that Kirok would understand. As he had said, he too was half Vulcan, he too surely knew of the constant conflict that emotion could bring, and she hoped that her emotions did not betray her, in spite of herself, despite the Vulcan mask that she constantly wore.

"It is encouraging to know that we will have size to our advantage," she replied. "Should they board us, that would certainly give us quite the playground to work with. Though to eradicate them completely..." She did not complete the sentence, preferring to leave the rest unsaid. It seemed like obsession.

T'Ra tilted her head back a moment, thinking, contemplating all that which the stranger had said to them, searching for anything relevant. After a brief moment, she continued, "In the stranger's own words, "If the prisoner reaches the intended destination, a sequence of events will follow that could ultimately result in...' in the death of a number of good people." She could not bring herself to say Evan's name, not in this way. In any case, it did not matter what her personal connection to him was. If he died, she had no doubt that they all would. "He also told me that my Vice Admiral codes were still active, a clerical error he claimed, but I am not so sure. Such codes would supersede your own, but I can assure you that I do not intend to use them in this way.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

James A. Hawke

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on February 01, 2017, 04:14:49 AM

[Bridge]
She smirked confidently.  "Everything's great here. There's a few new bells and whistles than what I'm used to on the Tempest. But it's all top of the line and everything.

James stood in the command area and gave a slight smile.  "Yeah, glad you are here; your experience piloting big ships would help.  Remember the Shran is bigger than the Tempest, however compared to the Tempest we have a bigger engine and more power from the Warp Core.    So technically, we fly faster.  We are actually one of the fastest ship in the fleet"  James commented.
Quote from: Aislin Kane on February 01, 2017, 03:20:22 AM

"Hi, I'm Ensign Aislin Kane" she stated in her heavy Irish accent to the ensign sitting at the helm.

James then wondered to the Captain's chair and sat down for a second.  He looked at the second Flight Personnel and said "Welcome to the Shran,  I am the XO,  Commander James Hawke.   Have you both seen the Saucer Separation mechanics?  They are a lot more modern than the Galaxy Class counterpart"

As he continued he made a general announcement "Ok...you guys want we can head to Main Engineering  to see the rest of the ship...also remember to show up to Medical for your medical checkup...you don't want the EMH  taking medical scans of you when you sleep...because no offense that's kind of creepy"  James commented

Click on the Badge to see bio

LK Reede

James heard the question and could not help but give a slight smile.  He looked down and he tried to find the answer.  He knew about the prisoner and his importance.  However, on a ship this large any rumors could be deadlier or worse backfire.
He extended his hand and introduce himself.  "I don't think I had the pleasure, of your acquaintance..." He looked at her rank and responded "Ensign...and it's alright if you call me James"

"Yeah, we should have a short shakedown cruise, it's kind of normal to do a mission about it.  The prisoner is in good hands under the care of the ship's security.  To be honest"  James gave a genuine smile "I would not worry too much about it as for the exact charges...honestly I have not even looked at the specific charges"  James responded.

LK grinned slightly. Best not to seem too pleased with herself. Since she was security, she'd be able to find out what she needed to know as soon as she got to the security center. She could take a tour of the ship on her own while finding out where she would be actually working.

She replied calmly, "Very good, sir... er, James."

Now she grinned as widely as she could. It seemed that she had been accepted on the ship and the feeling was mutual.

Cmdr. Hawke said,

"Ok...you guys want we can head to Main Engineering  to see the rest of the ship...also remember to show up to Medical for your medical checkup...you don't want the EMH  taking medical scans of you when you sleep...because no offense that's kind of creepy"�  James commented

"Well I guess I should go and get my medical done with, it was great meeting you LK and I'll see you later." Miriam smiled and gave LK a simple nod and then made her way for the turbolift so she could get to medical.

Ensign Reede acknowledged Miriam's parting words and nodded back.

"I think I'll make my way below decks and end up in medical myself."

With a small wave of her hand toward the crew on the bridge, LK turned and slid silently through the main doors.

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on February 01, 2017, 06:38:20 AM

[Ready Room]

T'Ra was not sure whether to feel relieved or distressed by Kirok's confirmation of the prisoner's presence, as well as the potential attack, so she chose the middle ground to feel neither, outwardly in any case. But inside a battle raged, and she felt torn, torn between the love for a man and a certain comfort that only logic could offer. She did not doubt that Kirok would understand. As he had said, he too was half Vulcan, he too surely knew of the constant conflict that emotion could bring, and she hoped that her emotions did not betray her, in spite of herself, despite the Vulcan mask that she constantly wore.

"It is encouraging to know that we will have size to our advantage," she replied. "Should they board us, that would certainly give us quite the playground to work with. Though to eradicate them completely..." She did not complete the sentence, preferring to leave the rest unsaid. It seemed like obsession.

T'Ra tilted her head back a moment, thinking, contemplating all that which the stranger had said to them, searching for anything relevant. After a brief moment, she continued, "In the stranger's own words, if the prisoner reaches the intended destination, a sequence of events will follow that could ultimately result in...' in the death of a number of good people." She could not bring herself to say Evan's name, not in this way. In any case, it did not matter what her personal connection to him was. If he died, she had no doubt that they all would. "He also told me that my Vice Admiral codes were still active, a clerical error he claimed, but I am not so sure. Such codes would supersede your own, but I can assure you that I do not intend to use them in this way.

[Ready Room]

Kirok nodded in agreement.  If someone made it past their external defenses and actually boarded this ship, the odds of that person of group taking over the ship were minimal.  But likely not impossible.

Kirok's eyebrows flattened out.  "This is disconcerting on a variety of different levels.  But it is difficult to trust the word of a time traveling agent who may well have an agenda of his own" Kirok finally said.

"We can easily check on your security codes when we are finished here.  We do have our own time traveling expert on the Bridge.  Perhaps he could offer a solution" Kiork said.

Then he tapped his com badge.  =/\=Kirok to Mr. Conwell.  Can you please join me in my Ready Room =/\= the half Vulcan said.

Jamie McConnell

Medical Bay - Main area

Jamie looked at the many faces of her new staff as they absorbed the information she was giving them.  They, in turn, took in their new boss.  As CMO, Dr. McConnell would be in charge of all the medical personnel and she wanted them to know her well enough to trust her.  She had an open door policy and often liked to work outside of her office.  "Well if there aren't any more questions then you are all dismissed."  The staff began to file out to their stations or for those that were off duty back to whatever it was they were doing before the meeting was called.  It wasn't long before the area was once again quiet with the only sound coming from the medical equipment and the soft chatter of whatever staff had been left behind.

Quote from: Miriam on February 01, 2017, 12:14:20 AM

Sickbay

Miriam had found her way through the maze which was the ship and finally found the Sickbay. The doors swooshed open and Miriam entered the immaculately clean room. The room seemed to be quiet and Miriam guessed she was either one of the first people to get their medical done with or one of the last.

As Miriam walked further into the room, she noticed the commander which seemed to have just finished talking. Miriam stopped in front of her and smiled at the commander.

"Hello commander, I am Miriam HÁƒllstrom. I was told to report to you at some point for a medical examination." With that, Miriam raised the PADD she had been clutching onto containing her assignment orders.

Jamie blinked for a moment and took in the youthful face before her.  She smiled as she took the PADD and responded, "Dr. McConnell is just fine, Ensign.  I'm still not comfortable being called Commander."  She lifted a well groomed eyebrow as she quickly skimmed over the woman's information.  "Well, the CMO doesn't really do physical exams, but I will get you just the man for the job."  With that Jamie tapped her badge,

=^= "Dr. Buehler, report to Exam Room one." =^=

She then turned to one of the nurses and handed them the PADD.  "Just follow Nurse R'ah, Ensign and Dr. Buehler will be right with you."

McConnell sighed as she handed the Ensign over and sort of missed the days when she could simply do exams and not worry about anything else.  Ever since she married Cayden, however, she had found it necessary to keep herself busy.  As much as she wanted her husband with her, she knew that he had an important job to do and that he enjoyed doing it.  Still, she knew that there will come a day when he'd put that away in order to settle down with her.  They could perhaps start a family and never be apart again.

Jamie took in a deeper sigh, one that lifted her shoulders slightly.  She then released it with an audible little moan.  Her plans with Cayden would all be ruined if that ugly man Sloane had his way.  She knew she had to speak to Kirok about this and soon...real soon.  It was now or never to go up to the bridge and speak to him...then perhaps they could put to rest the nagging feeling in her chest that Cayden was in great danger.   

Human/Vulcan Hybrid
"Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!"

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Jamie McConnell on February 02, 2017, 01:26:58 AM

Medical Bay - Main area

Jamie looked at the many faces of her new staff as they absorbed the information she was giving them.  They, in turn, took in their new boss.  As CMO, Dr. McConnell would be in charge of all the medical personnel and she wanted them to know her well enough to trust her.  She had an open door policy and often liked to work outside of her office.  "Well if there aren't any more questions then you are all dismissed."  The staff began to file out to their stations or for those that were off duty back to whatever it was they were doing before the meeting was called.  It wasn't long before the area was once again quiet with the only sound coming from the medical equipment and the soft chatter of whatever staff had been left behind.

Jamie blinked for a moment and took in the youthful face before her.  She smiled as she took the PADD and responded, "Dr. McConnell is just fine, Ensign.  I'm still not comfortable being called Commander."  She lifted a well groomed eyebrow as she quickly skimmed over the woman's information.  "Well, the CMO doesn't really do physical exams, but I will get you just the man for the job."  With that Jamie tapped her badge,

=^= "Dr. Buehler, report to Exam Room one." =^=

She then turned to one of the nurses and handed them the PADD.  "Just follow Nurse R'ah, Ensign and Dr. Buehler will be right with you."

McConnell sighed as she handed the Ensign over and sort of missed the days when she could simply do exams and not worry about anything else.  Ever since she married Cayden, however, she had found it necessary to keep herself busy.  As much as she wanted her husband with her, she knew that he had an important job to do and that he enjoyed doing it.  Still, she knew that there will come a day when he'd put that away in order to settle down with her.  They could perhaps start a family and never be apart again.

Jamie took in a deeper sigh, one that lifted her shoulders slightly.  She then released it with an audible little moan.  Her plans with Cayden would all be ruined if that ugly man Sloane had his way.  She knew she had to speak to Kirok about this and soon...real soon.  It was now or never to go up to the bridge and speak to him...then perhaps they could put to rest the nagging feeling in her chest that Cayden was in great danger.

Sickbay

"Thank you Dr. McConnell." Was all Miriam managed to say to Jamie before the nurse begun to lead her through sickbay to Dr. Beuhler.

Miriam wondered why most officers seemed to have a problem with getting their medical done. She understood their time was taken up when they could've done other tasks which would've been more useful but Miriam thought of it as a positive. In a job where she figured she wouldn't get much time to think, it gave her time to think and she liked that. Miriam's trace of thought was stopped as she arrived by doctor Beuhler.

Upon arrival, Miriam smiled at the doctor. "Hello doctor. I'm here for my medical examination. I am ensign HÁƒ¤llstrom. However, you can call me Miriam if you wish." Miriam finished, sitting down on the bed just behind her and waiting for the medical examination to begin.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Kirok on February 02, 2017, 12:43:36 AM

[Ready Room]

Kirok nodded in agreement.  If someone made it past their external defenses and actually boarded this ship, the odds of that person of group taking over the ship were minimal.  But likely not impossible.

Kirok's eyebrows flattened out.  "This is disconcerting on a variety of different levels.  But it is difficult to trust the word of a time traveling agent who may well have an agenda of his own" Kirok finally said.

"We can easily check on your security codes when we are finished here.  We do have our own time traveling expert on the Bridge.  Perhaps he could offer a solution.  Would you mind if I call him in?" Kiork said.

[Ready Room]

T'Ra nodded, as Kirok lowered his brows. She couldn't help but analyze what was likely an involuntary action, the briefest glimpse into how this news has affected him. Perhaps Evan was right. There was much to be said for that manner of nonverbal speech. Conscious of this, she tried not to express her frustration as she replied, "Yes, especially with their 'temporal prime directive', it is difficult to discern whether they are speaking the truth or simply spinning a web."

She ever so briefly lifted a hand in an indifferent motion. "It is your ready room to do with as you see fit," T'Ra told him. "But I do not mind in the slightest. I have never been particularly well versed in the subject, so an expert would be most welcome." She glanced for a moment at the door, beginning to wonder if she was taking too much of his time. And no doubt her department was beginning to wonder what had happened to their new chief.

Quote from: Jamie McConnell on February 02, 2017, 01:26:58 AM

Medical Bay - Main area
=^= "Dr. Buehler, report to Exam Room one." =^=

Quote from: Miriam on February 02, 2017, 01:47:17 AM

Sickbay

"Thank you Dr. McConnell." Was all Miriam managed to say to Jamie before the nurse begun to lead her through sickbay to Dr. Beuhler.

Miriam wondered why most officers seemed to have a problem with getting their medical done. She understood their time was taken up when they could've done other tasks which would've been more useful but Miriam thought of it as a positive. In a job where she figured she wouldn't get much time to think, it gave her time to think and she liked that. Miriam's trace of thought was stopped as she arrived by doctor Beuhler.

Upon arrival, Miriam smiled at the doctor. "Hello doctor. I'm here for my medical examination. I am ensign HÁƒ¤llstrom. However, you can call me Miriam if you wish." Miriam finished, sitting down on the bed just behind her and waiting for the medical examination to begin.

NPC Evan Buehler
[Turbolift]

Evan was already heading to check out Sickbay when he got the call from the someone who could only be Doctor McConnell, Chief Medical Officer of the shiny new vessel. =/\=Aye, Chief,=/\= he replied, quickly tapping his badge, =/\=on my way.=/\=

Given that Sickbay was located on deck 8, it was a rather short jaunt from the bridge. As the doors parted, he briskly made his along to corridor, eager to get started.

[Sickbay]

Evan strode into sickbay to be greeted by a bright young ensign in yellow. "Ah, welcome aboard, Miss HÁƒ¤llstrom," he replied, returning the smile. He accepted the padd, skimming through the data as he led the ensign into Exam Room 1. "Impressive," he mummered. "Only 20 and you've already snagged a commission. I might have been perhaps halfway through my studies, if that, by the time I was your age." The Swedes sure were serious about their education. No doubt about that.

"Now there doesn't seem to be anything too critical in your medical history, and by all accounts you seem to be fit as a fiddle," he added, reading over the rest of the info. Finished he turned his gaze back to the ensign, who looked as cheery as a canary with her blonde hair and bright uniform. "Before we begin, is there anything concerning you at the moment that is not listed in your file?"

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Justin Conwell

Quote from: James A. Hawke on February 01, 2017, 04:34:06 PM

James stood in the command area and gave a slight smile.  "Yeah, glad you are here; your experience piloting big ships would help.  Remember the Shran is bigger than the Tempest, however compared to the Tempest we have a bigger engine and more power from the Warp Core.    So technically, we fly faster.  We are actually one of the fastest ship in the fleet"  James commented.

James then wondered to the Captain's chair and sat down for a second.  He looked at the second Flight Personnel and said "Welcome to the Shran,  I am the XO,  Commander James Hawke.   Have you both seen the Saucer Separation mechanics?  They are a lot more modern than the Galaxy Class counterpart"

As he continued he made a general announcement "Ok...you guys want we can head to Main Engineering  to see the rest of the ship...also remember to show up to Medical for your medical checkup...you don't want the EMH  taking medical scans of you when you sleep...because no offense that's kind of creepy"  James commented

"Maybe a bit faster than what's down in the specification, Commander Hawke. I've been doing some off the grid modifications to many of the Shran's systems." Justin spoke up as he was listening in on the discussion. He was more than welcome to let them have a tour around Main Engineering if they didn't get in the way of any of his engineers who were working on getting this vessel ship worthy.

"I do have a few matters I need to attend to but you should check out Main Engineering next. When I left to head up, it wasn't that busy. Can't say how busy it is now." Justin said before Kirok summoned him.

Quote from: Kirok on February 02, 2017, 12:43:36 AM

[Ready Room]

"We can easily check on your security codes when we are finished here.  We do have our own time traveling expert on the Bridge.  Perhaps he could offer a solution" Kiork said.

Then he tapped his com badge.  =/\=Kirok to Mr. Conwell.  Can you please join me in my Ready Room =/\= the half Vulcan said.

He tapped his com badge and responded, before making his way to the ready room. =/\= "On my way, Admiral. Conwell out." =/\=

As the Commander neared the ready room doors, they swished open and he entered before swiftly closing again. Justin slightly bowed to both Admiral Kirok and Lt. Commander Jones. "You asked to see me, Admiral?"

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

Kira Wyman

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on February 02, 2017, 03:41:16 AM

NPC Evan Buehler
[Turbolift]

Evan was already heading to check out Sickbay when he got the call from the someone who could only be Doctor McConnell, Chief Medical Officer of the shiny new vessel. =/\=Aye, Chief,=/\= he replied, quickly tapping his badge, =/\=on my way.=/\=

Given that Sickbay was located on deck 8, it was a rather short jaunt from the bridge. As the doors parted, he briskly made his along to corridor, eager to get started.

[Sickbay]

Evan strode into sickbay to be greeted by a bright young ensign in yellow. "Ah, welcome aboard, Miss HÁƒ¤llstrom," he replied, returning the smile. He accepted the padd, skimming through the data as he led the ensign into Exam Room 1. "Impressive," he mummered. "Only 20 and you've already snagged a commission. I might have been perhaps halfway through my studies, if that, by the time I was your age." The Swedes sure were serious about their education. No doubt about that.

"Now there doesn't seem to be anything too critical in your medical history, and by all accounts you seem to be fit as a fiddle," he added, reading over the rest of the info. Finished he turned his gaze back to the ensign, who looked as cheery as a canary with her blonde hair and bright uniform. "Before we begin, is there anything concerning you at the moment that is not listed in your file?"

Sickbay

"I didn't have many friends in the academy so I mainly stook to myself and did work before and after lectures. I guess that might have been why I finished my studies early." Miriam said before focusing on the question he asked.

"I do not believe there is anything to note which isn't in my file." Miriam paused for a moment, thinking of anything there could be which might effect her. "Instead from being a bit nervous given this is my first time doing all this stuff. However, I'm not sure that counts." Miriam finished, smiling at the doctor once again.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Kirok

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on February 02, 2017, 03:41:16 AM

[Ready Room]

T'Ra nodded, as Kirok lowered his brows. She couldn't help but analyze what was likely an involuntary action, the briefest glimpse into how this news has affected him. Perhaps Evan was right. There was much to be said for that manner of nonverbal speech. Conscious of this, she tried not to express her frustration as she replied, "Yes, especially with their 'temporal prime directive', it is difficult to discern whether they are speaking the truth or simply spinning a web."

She ever so briefly lifted a hand in an indifferent motion. "It is your ready room to do with as you see fit," T'Ra told him. "But I do not mind in the slightest. I have never been particularly well versed in the subject, so an expert would be most welcome." She glanced for a moment at the door, beginning to wonder if she was taking too much of his time. And no doubt her department was beginning to wonder what had happened to their new chief.
NPC Evan Buehler
[Turbolift]

[Ready Room]

"Yes, and there in lies the problem" Kirok agreed.  He stood preparing for Conwell to enter.  When he did, Kirok offered a small bow.

Quote from: Justin Conwell on February 02, 2017, 05:18:28 AM

"Maybe a bit faster than what's down in the specification, Commander Hawke. I've been doing some off the grid modifications to many of the Shran's systems." Justin spoke up as he was listening in on the discussion. He was more than welcome to let them have a tour around Main Engineering if they didn't get in the way of any of his engineers who were working on getting this vessel ship worthy.

"I do have a few matters I need to attend to but you should check out Main Engineering next. When I left to head up, it wasn't that busy. Can't say how busy it is now." Justin said before Kirok summoned him.

He tapped his com badge and responded, before making his way to the ready room. =/\= "On my way, Admiral. Conwell out." =/\=

As the Commander neared the ready room doors, they swished open and he entered before swiftly closing again. Justin slightly bowed to both Admiral Kirok and Lt. Commander Jones. "You asked to see me, Admiral?"

"Yes, thank you for joining us Mr. Conwell.  I believe you already know T'Ra Jones.  Please take a seat" Kirok said.

"Ms. Jones has just revealed to me that a time traveler recently visited her and warned her of a potential danger to the ship and crew.  It specifically relates to the prisoner we are transporting to Earth for trial.  Supposedly, should the prisoner reach Earth some members of the crew will die.  Correct me if I have missed anything" he said turning back to T'Ra.

"I have had some recently dealings with time traveling enemies.  So, I am lead to believe that there must be some truth in this warning but that danger is unavoidable no matter who transports the prisoner.  Our ship or another" the half Vulcan added after he turned back to Justin.

"So, the question becomes this.  What can we do to change the possible outcome.  But accomplish our mission at the same time?" he asked quite simply.

LK Reede

Her mind on her padd and her feet making their way into the lift, Ensign Reede almost bumped into a crewman heading out of the lift. At the last moment she glimpsed a shadow, stepped quickly aside and gave a sheepish smile.

"Sorry," she mumbled. "Hard to read and walk at the same time." LK hoped he wasn't paying much attention to his surroundings either.

"It's okay, sir," he replied. Then he was moving quickly down the corridor.

Before the doors closed, she called out, "Deck 31."

First, she thought, a quick check on their prisoner, then a run through the armory, check in with the chief, then medical. Got to unpack, too.

The doors slid open giving LK an inspiring view of the vast armory and brig. Much larger than she'd expected. She made her way to the control console and tapped in her access code. The prisoner's information popped up at the touch of a button.

And not much was there. LK felt disappointed. She looked up to find a large man glaring at her. He lifted an eyebrow as if to question her presence, then said, "Ma'am, you need not concern yourself about this man. I have been assigned to guard him."

LK felt she'd been dismissed. She nodded and asked, "Know where I can find Chief Lonar?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.