USS Athena Awards

Started by Constance Lafayette, December 15, 2016, 06:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance Lafayette

We've come to the time of the year where we give out awards. This is one of my favorite times because it lets your command staff and I a chance to give back and let you guys know JUST how awesome you are. This ship means a lot to me personally and it takes a bunch of effort. However... I love every second of it thanks to you guys. YOU guys make it worth it and I can't thank you enough for that.

We are a new ship. Not the newest anymore, but still one that is finding it's place on the site. However- in the 6 missions we've done we have blazed a trail no one on this site will ever forget.

We've had a lot of fun dealing with inebriated colonists, getting swallowed by living planets, and debating with shifty Ferengi. We've had some darker times, like the Tarna stuff and fighting our Mirror selves. We even got to flex out brain muscles a few times trying to solve the puzzle in Language of the Gods (speaking of which- anyone solve the one in the current mission yet ;) ) and trying to figure out the truth in The Only Good Kind of Traitor.

That having been said, we have a LOT of new crew members who just joined us recently. We couldn't give out an award to every single crew members. However, rest assured that if you didn't get one this time you will for sure be getting one when the next awards ceremony rolls around in a few months. Without further ado, let's start with the service ribbons.

Service Ribbons

The following members have served Shadow Fleet for 3 years, an exceptional feat to be sure, and are thus are due their three year service ribbon.
Race Warez (6/23/12)
T'Lara (9/4/13)

Likewise, I am due my 2nd year service ribbon.
Constance Lafayette (10/8/14)

Several of our members are due their 6 month service ribbon. This is one of my favorite awards to give out because most people who hit 6 months stay for a long time and I can't see a single name on this list that I'm not ecstatic is there.
James Carter (5/7/16)
Dylan Torngate (5/6/16)
Leonard T. Scott (7/4/16)
Susan Venator (6/27/16)
Ashlynn Ren Morgaine (7/14/16)

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Constance Lafayette

USS Athena Crew Awards
Posting Excellence Award
This award is given at our, discretion, to someone who is always posting with an exceptional high level of polish and skill. In my opinion, it can go to none other than the person who won a post of the month...

Catrin Maddux

Most Improved Player Award
Watching people improve is one of my favorite parts about being Captain. If I get to have a hand in it- even better. This award goes to...

Race Warez

Descriptive Combat Award
This award is for someone who just makes you feel like you were THERE and that the danger of a scene was just so visceral and real. I am awarding this award to...

James Carter
(For his role in "High Times on Epsilon Indi")

Best Newcomer Award
The best newcomer award is one of my favorite to give out. It lets me give an award to someone for just jumping in with both feet and going for broke. I'd like to give this award to...

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Technical Precision Award
So the technical precision award is given to someone who not only knows (at a glance) the difference between a Nova class and a Rhode Island class but can argue the finer points about their deck layout or that you can rely on to know exactly what a Metreon cascade is and how it can impact the skin of a victim (don't look it up). It's my pleasure to give this award to...

Dylan Torngate

Most Engaging Member Award
The person who most engaging member is someone who is constantly online and posting- someone who picks up the slack when others drop it- and doing it in the most engaging way possible. I want to give this award, with some heartfelt thanks for the emotion she poured into her posts with Danny, to...

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Best Duo Award
This award is for a pair of players who are awesome alone but better together. The only people this could possibly go to are...

Leonard Scott & Catrin Maddux
(Come on, you knew it had to be them ;D)

Contribution Award
I know it's not typical to give out two of these awards but I wanted to recognize two characters who both helped out in very different ways out of mission. One jumped at every opportunity, even (especially) if he had no business doing it, but managed to help out nonetheless. And the second, following in those same footsteps, has gone above and beyond to try to get involved and help out with the OOC/player side of things.

Dylan Torngate
Leonard Scott

Outstanding Commitment Award
Again, I am handing out two copies of this away this time because there could be no choosing between these two characters. They are getting this award because they are constantly online and posting- they are someone who we can rely on to pick up the slack when others drop it- and doing it in the most engaging way possible. I want to give this award, with some very heartfelt thanks for being part of this crew, to both...

Susan Venator
T'Lara

Captain's Personal Merit Award
I am afforded the opportunity to personally recognize a member of our ship on a personal level. Personally, I like to give this award to a newer player who explodes onto the scene and takes the site by storm to encourage them to stoke the fires and continue onward. I'd like to offer my Captain's Personal Merit award to:

Dylan Torngate

~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you all for your activity, commitment, and exceptional roleplaying. It's my hope that you will all continue to help the Athena blaze this path in the future by being the very heart and soul of her.

Live Long and Prosper,
Captain Constance Lafayette
Proud Commanding Officer, USS Athena NCC- 3145

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Catrin Maddux

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Leonard T. Scott

Congrats to everyone and thanks Cap!

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Dylan Torngate

Congrats to EVERYONE!

And to everyone, including those not named here, it's you who make the Athena a great place to be, and I'm so happy to be here and enjoy this little island of the internet with you all.

Now... onto the finer points of the differences between the Rhode Island and the Nova.....

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Race Warez

Wow! Congratulations everyone.

[

Kirok

Athena crew,

Congratulation to each of you for a great year!

Since my return to the Fleet in June, this ship has consistently preformed at the highest possible level month after month.

That has largely been due to her Command Staff.  But certainly could not have done that with out the contribution of her dedicated crew!

Keep up the great work!

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.