Mission 1.6 Ten Minutes to Midnight

Started by Constance Lafayette, November 01, 2016, 06:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb Brighton

[Medical Sick Bay 2]

Caleb wheeled out the latest patient from surgery.  There was an eerie calm about the sick bay. Everything seemed to be calming down some which was a relief for him. He checked on Alphonse who was smiling because his brother Edward had ran in. He went over and chatted with the two for a moment. He really wanted to go over what happened to Edward. Caleb took immediate notice on Edward's prosthetic limbs.  Edward laughed it off a bit saying he'd need a mechanic instead of Caleb if things went wrong. The three laughed it off. Caleb excused himself to check on a few others.

After three passes around the two medical bays. After things seemed calm enough, he then headed toward the morgue. It was time to check on the cavader and prepare for the autopsy. As he was reading over the scans he initiated from the morgue, a nurse asked for his aid. The readings climbed from last time without him noticing. "Life force .10%" read the PADD that Caleb placed down to go help the nurse.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Dylan Torngate

[Shuttle]

Dylan was glad that Warez had made it at least. The shuttle was marvelously undamaged, so he brought the shuttle around and scanned the area for anyone... any THING that had survived. He looked over to Warez, trying to seem calm, cool, and collected... and failing at all three of them. This wasn't the first time he'd lost people close to him, but it was the most recent.

He broke off and made a short jump to the Athena. =/\= Away team to Athena... requesting permission to dock.=/\= he said, emotions threatening to overwhelm his voice. He looked over to Warez, speaking to him. "Carter gave his life protecting his home, defending the Federation. May we all be so lucky."

At that, he waited for the Athena's authorization. Dylan dimmed the outboard running lights, the bright pulsing lights now dull and dim.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Susan Venator

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 19, 2016, 12:23:21 AM

[Shuttle]

Dylan was glad that Warez had made it at least. The shuttle was marvelously undamaged, so he brought the shuttle around and scanned the area for anyone... any THING that had survived. He looked over to Warez, trying to seem calm, cool, and collected... and failing at all three of them. This wasn't the first time he'd lost people close to him, but it was the most recent.

He broke off and made a short jump to the Athena. =/\= Away team to Athena... requesting permission to dock.=/\= he said, emotions threatening to overwhelm his voice. He looked over to Warez, speaking to him. "Carter gave his life protecting his home, defending the Federation. May we all be so lucky."

At that, he waited for the Athena's authorization. Dylan dimmed the outboard running lights, the bright pulsing lights now dull and dim.

Bridge

Suzie was still in shock when the call came through. It took her a few seconds before her brain engaged. the immediately checked the board before opening a com-channel.

=/\=Athena to Away Team. You are cleared to dock in the Main Shuttlebay.=/\= She replied. Wanting to say more but afraid that her emotions would get the better of her and that would be no good for anyone.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

Race Warez

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 19, 2016, 12:23:21 AM

[Shuttle]

"His family is down there on Earth." Warez recalled as they streaked away from the blast. "You are right that few people leave this life in such a noble cause Commander. I fervently hope that thing it now blown to atoms and beyond."

It was a relief to just let Dylan plot the shuttle back to Athena. Warez watched as the ship drew closer and larger. It's profile and lights beautiful against the stars.

Quote from: Susan Venator on December 19, 2016, 12:38:27 AM

Bridge

Suzie was still in shock when the call came through. It took her a few seconds before her brain engaged. the immediately checked the board before opening a com-channel.

=/\=Athena to Away Team. You are cleared to dock in the Main Shuttlebay.=/\= She replied. Wanting to say more but afraid that her emotions would get the better of her and that would be no good for anyone.

As Dylan brought them back safely Race could not stop thinking of the empty seat behind them.  He met the man's eyes. "I was thinking less than fours months back in the field and another good crew mate lost. I saw action as a tactical crewman in the Klingon War. Too many good people died there as well." He paused and reflected a moment. "That was more than two years ago now. But you never really forget."

As he watched the Athena grow in the viewer, he promised himself to not to think of her has crowded ever again.

[

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Rocket Rose on December 18, 2016, 05:59:18 AM

Rocket nearly jumped back in her suprise when she heard that Danny wasn't dead. She immediately ran to Ash, and asked "What do you mean? There's no way that she could be alive, she was shot in the head! People generally don't survive that."

[Bridge]

Ash turned slightly to face the other woman as she answered. "Well, that's the problem. Danny doesn't really count as "people" - despite however much she appears to at times." Ash ran both of her hands through her already distressed hair and closed her eyes as she sharply exhaled. "We should have expected the possibility of something like this happening."

Her stress was palpable. She couldn't stop thinking about what Danny might be doing as they spoke. The doctor... Catrin... Dammit, what if something happens to them?? Part of her wanted to run down there herself that instant, but she knew that without any training, plan, or even the remotest way to defend herself, she'd be no help to anyone. With her luck, she'd probably just make everything worse.

Constance Lafayette

[Captain's Log- Supplemental]

"When beggars die, there are no comets seen;
The heavens themselves blaze forth the death of princes."

Or so says The Bard of Caesar's view on the death of good men. I can't find a more apt way to describe it. I have no doubt Mr. Car... James would have resented being referred to as a "prince".
I have sent out mission report to the station CO aboard Earth Spacedock. We recovered the away team before our departure. I've recommended the crew speak to the counselor, Ms. Maddux.

The Danny situations concerns me. I've ordered her locked down in a sickbay isolation field. I'm told she's recovering... slowly. It's really only a matter of time before she regains enough power to adapt to whatever we do. I'll cross that bridge after the funeral I guess.

Lafayette out.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.