Mission 1.4 - The Only Good Kind of Traitor

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, September 01, 2016, 01:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Constance Lafayette on September 29, 2016, 08:55:17 PM

[Ready Room]

"Thank you for your discretion Ms. Morgaine." She said casually, nodding. It might actually be good to have another soul know.

Constance accepted the injection,

"Thank you Doctor. I'd welcome any suggestions. Sometimes my position causes me to work long hours so I appreciate the leniency with it."

Just then Kirok's message reached the ready room. He put in on so the two of them could see- though they were not in frame.

"One moment. The Admiral is calling." She said and pressed the receive button.

She returned the hand sign and ended the transmission.

"The crew vote was a tie so I did a hybrid of both plans. I turned over the evidence to the man I trust most in Starfleet Command... but I also made a copy and told him it'd be released in 1 year's time if they didn't." She admitted, the last part a little sheepishly.

[Space]

The Athena, now under T'Vor's piloting, sped away from the Tucson at maximum impulse, angling itself so it would take the least damage in the event of the worst situation. As the core of the Tucson exploded the Athena was rocked by the shockwaves.

[Athena Corridors]

Scott was thrown against the bulkhead as the ship rocked. He could feel a small trickle running down his head. He reached up and felt the area affected and saw blood.

"Lovely," he thought as he altered his plan. He found the nearest companel and activated it.

=/\=Scott to Sickbay. I'm en route. I've bumped my head due to the shockwave that just hit. There maybe more across the ship. Scott out.=/\=

He figured it wasn't too serious, but figured he'd take a precautionary measure.

[Sickbay]

Scott arrived in sickbay and found a biobed. He say down and waited to be treated.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Lizzie Vaughan

[Ready Room]

"Thank you for your discretion Ms. Morgaine." She said casually, nodding. It might actually be good to have another soul know.

"Thank you Doctor. I'd welcome any suggestions. Sometimes my position causes me to work long hours so I appreciate the leniency with it."

Just then Kirok's message reached the ready room. He put in on so the two of them could see- though they were not in frame.

"The crew vote was a tie so I did a hybrid of both plans. I turned over the evidence to the man I trust most in Starfleet Command... but I also made a copy and told him it'd be released in 1 year's time if they didn't." She admitted, the last part a little sheepishly.

[Space]

The Athena, now under T'Vor's piloting, sped away from the Tucson at maximum impulse, angling itself so it would take the least damage in the event of the worst situation. As the core of the Tucson exploded the Athena was rocked by the shockwaves.

Ready Room

Lizzie thought for a moment.

"I would suggest something like meditation or Tai Chi Captain. But we can discuss it later. I'll be in sickbay if you need me Captain." Lizzie said, excusing herself and heading back to Sickbay.

Sickbay

Lizzie entered Sickbay and saw Ensign Scott sitting waiting for treatment.

"Mr Scott, what can I do for you?" She asked.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on September 29, 2016, 10:16:52 PM

Ready Room

Lizzie thought for a moment.

"I would suggest something like meditation or Tai Chi Captain. But we can discuss it later. I'll be in sickbay if you need me Captain." Lizzie said, excusing herself and heading back to Sickbay.

Sickbay

Lizzie entered Sickbay and saw Ensign Scott sitting waiting for treatment.

"Mr Scott, what can I do for you?" She asked.

"Just a bump on the noggin with a cut," Scott said fairly matter-of-factly. "Might want to prep for others after that jolt."

He figured the advice would be good seeing as he was the first to head that way. He hoped that huge weren't too many more to follow.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on September 29, 2016, 10:35:48 PM

"Just a bump on the noggin with a cut," Scott said fairly matter-of-factly. "Might want to prep for others after that jolt."

Sickbay

Lizzie smiled and nodded in understanding.

"You're right. Now if you'll take a seat on the bed here, I''ll take a look at you." She said, indicating bed one.

In Memorium.

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

[Ready Room]

[Space]

[Ready Room]

Ash waited until the message from the Admiral ended then took her leave quietly, nodding to the Captain and offering an encouraging smile before ducking out. She was satisfied with the Captain's choice here and hoped that the rest of the crew thought the same.

[Mess Hall]

Just as she was getting ready to begin undoing the damage done to her hall, the ship rocked violently once more. Ash tumbled and landed on the floor, while all of her cleaning supplies flew off of the one upright table left in the hall to land on top of her. Long after she knew the rocking had ended, she still remained on the floor, not moving but obviously unhurt. Eventually she pushed herself up with a long sigh and removed her now soaking jacket as she walked over to a chair. I am NOT cleaning this up until I know the excitement is over and the mess-making has finished... I wonder what happened? Her curiosity was belated and didn't last long. Ash sat down, for once content to sit and do nothing.

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on September 29, 2016, 10:41:37 PM

Sickbay

Lizzie smiled and nodded in understanding.

"You're right. Now if you'll take a seat on the bed here, I''ll take a look at you." She said, indicating bed one.

Scott laid back as directed. He was fighting the urge to fall asleep.

"This feels a little too comfortable," he thought.

"After this," Scott began with a laugh, "I think I'm going to recommend some cushioning and some of the bulkheads."

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on September 29, 2016, 11:11:14 PM

Scott laid back as directed. He was fighting the urge to fall asleep.

"This feels a little too comfortable," he thought.

"After this," Scott began with a laugh, "I think I'm going to recommend some cushioning and some of the bulkheads."

Sickbay

Lizzie chuckled a little at Scott's statement as she moved the tricorder over the Helm Officers scalp.

"I'll pass it along, though I can't see it being agreed." She replied as she examined the readout.  "Good news Ensign. While you do have a small cut on your scalp, your skull is not broken and there is no sign of any Concussion  or other brain damage. I'm going to close the wound then ask you to get some sleep. Come back and see me tomorrow so I can give you a checkup. Then if everything is clear, you will be able to return to duty with no problems." Lizzie added, picking up the dermal re-generator and closing the small cut.

Once she was done, she put the re-generator back on the trolley and helped Scott to sit up.

"Right, you are free to go for now, as long as it is only to your quarters and as long as you get some sleep. Do you understand me Ensign?" She said, her tone more serious.

In Memorium.

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on September 29, 2016, 11:52:30 PM

Sickbay

Lizzie chuckled a little at Scott's statement as she moved the tricorder over the Helm Officers scalp.

"I'll pass it along, though I can't see it being agreed." She replied as she examined the readout.  "Good news Ensign. While you do have a small cut on your scalp, your skull is not broken and there is no sign of any Concussion  or other brain damage. I'm going to close the wound then ask you to get some sleep. Come back and see me tomorrow so I can give you a checkup. Then if everything is clear, you will be able to return to duty with no problems." Lizzie added, picking up the dermal re-generator and closing the small cut.

Once she was done, she put the re-generator back on the trolley and helped Scott to sit up.

"Right, you are free to go for now, as long as it is only to your quarters and as long as you get some sleep. Do you understand me Ensign?" She said, her tone more serious.

"I am concerned for Cat," Scottsaid. "Is it alright if I stay here until she gets back? Besides, I doubt she'll be too long, right?"

He doubted he'd get the answer he wanted, but it never hurt to ask.

Catrin Maddux

[Hallway en route to Brig]

Catrin tried her best to follow the Captain's suggestion that she assist Lt. Carter with DuPont and his XO. She really did. Getting lost three times then stuck on the lift while some scuffle went down in the mess hall didn't help matters. She sighed to herself, she felt out of her league still and a bit like what her Da would call 'fel rhech mewn pot jam.'

She was confident though, that this time she was headed in the right direction. Suddenly the whole ship violently rocked and Catrin was thrown headfirst into the locked door to the brig. Her last thought before she blacked out was, Oh, here's the brig...

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Constance Lafayette

[Captain's Log- Supplemental]

"There are times when a log entry can include the famous line of Á¢â,¬Ëœthese are the voyages of the...' with pride. Today my log entry will not tell you of the voyages of the Athena, as they were not a happy task, but instead they will report on the final Voyage of the USS Tucson and her brave crew. Some may say it is disrespectful to call them Á¢â,¬Ëœbrave', but that's what they were. They, for twenty years, held to their ideals and attempted to right a wrong. I just hope that one day I'll be able to match their tenacity.

However, rules are rules. The Athena is docked at Lampour Station, a waypoint with a large enough holding area for their crew. I cannot do anything for them now. Tragically Captain DuPont took his own life before he could arrive at the station- they might very well put Á¢â,¬Ëœasphyxiated on byronic pride' on the death certificate.

The matter of the Borg AI on my ship continues to vex me. I have enclosed it in a sensor dampening field with a shifting defense matrix of my own design but I fear that one day it will be able to adapt to even that. I do not relish the task of being its custodian but accept it as a necessary penance for my command.

The crew performed admirably once again, though I fear I may lose some of them to promotions shortly. Of particular note, Commander Stafford is transferring to Starbase Horizon- getting off with the Tucson crew. Though we often did not see eye to eye on many things, he was one of the finest officers I ever had exactly for that reason. I wish him and the others who are transferring the best of luck.

Our next mission takes us to the Thanatos system to check on a colony reporting water shortages and crop failures. A mild mission but a welcome one after this one.

Lafayette out."

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.