Athena Minisode: Pre-Approved, Multi-Denominational, Holiday Recreation Time

Started by Constance Lafayette, December 19, 2016, 06:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on December 24, 2016, 02:14:36 AM

{Engineering}

"Laddie, I only want to be able to help you should the need arise," Scotty replied, "Temporal Prime Directive be damned. Do you know how many times this sort of thing gets broken out here?"

He was only a little annoyed at the comment, but like his over stating the length of time it took to get something fixed, he felt like embellishing a bit. He started to walk about in the department observing. It was one of those things where he would move about until told not to.

[Engineering]

He shifted his weight from one foot to another, trying to decide what to do. "I... I'm not sure..." he said, thinking. He was very worried for his job... but then decided to ignore it. "Well... fine. But if I get a visit from DTI I'm blaming you." he said, frowning. "A lot of the networking for Engineering has been made with redundant processors throughout the ship, and the computers are a lot faster." he said, giving vague replies but still specific at the same time.

He didn't tell the man to stop, but made sure nothing critical was on the diagrams. He felt like the man was telling the truth... but this could be a huge espionage hoax. One never knew.

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

Catrin Maddux

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 24, 2016, 03:08:03 AM

[Sickbay- as McCoy]

He turned as the new figure entered the room. He chuckled. It seems Starfleet still had a habit of making random coincidences. He raised an eyebrow at the comment of the play, but decided not to pursue the issue. It wasn't his place to intrude.

"Ms. Catrin." he said, nodding his head. "So they still have the Academy? I always hated that place... got my medical degree at Ole'Miss myself." he said, rambling on a bit. He appraised the area around him, trying to figure out what to do next. He needed to find his way to the rest of the crew- unless he was the only one here.

[Sick Bay]

Cat puzzled over 'Ole Miss' but figured it was another sort of Academy. "I'm none too familiar with that school, but then I didn't grow up on Earth, so it still holds a few mysteries for me."

She smiled at him, wanted to help him feel more at ease. It couldn't be easy for him, being away from not only his ship but his own time. The Counselor thought it was a pretty safe bet that Caleb hadn't informed the bridge of their interloper. She didn't want to step on his toes, but protocol and courtesy demanded.

"I hope you don't mind, Doctor, but I'll need to inform the Captain of your arrival. I'm sure she can get to the bottom of this mystery."

She tapped her combadge. =/\="Sick Bay to Bridge, this is LtJG. Catrin Maddux. We have an unexpected guest for Christmas Dinner. Dr. Leonard McCoy of the USS Enterprise has joined us. If he's not alone, perhaps gathering for a meeting would be advised."=/\=

Cat adjusted her antlers, anxiously. She hoped she hadn't overstepped herself with the Captain. She'd find out one way or the other. To ease her mind as she waited for a response, she turned to Dr. McCoy.

"I realize coming here wasn't your idea, but is there anything we can do to make your visit here more comfortable?"

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Race Warez

Quote from: T'Lara on December 23, 2016, 08:08:02 PM

[Mess Hall]

T'Lara's head turned at the sound of the doors and she raised her brow slightly at her crewmate's eccentric choice in clothing. He introduced himself to the blonde woman wearing a green dress, a new tactical officer she hadn't met yet.

She nodded to Ash, still at somewhat of a loss as to what to do and grateful that she had taken control of the situation. Under the circumstances it was best to wait and see just how many visitors they had, and for the captain to give further instruction. It certainly seemed like the Commander Spock in front of them was here because of time travel. If she was alone with him the first thing she'd do after informing the captain would be to determine whether it was indeed him. But in this case everyone was aware and she'd most likely have to wait for a briefing. A very small part of her felt a twinge of regret because she wouldn't be able to talk to him alone. In her entire life she had only met one other Vulcan/Human hybrid. Despite her hard exterior, she still felt like an outsider at times, and nobody would understand that better than Spock. But the opportunity was gone.

She sat down to the left of Rocket and listened as the others proceeded to ask some of the questions she also had, a sort of unofficial briefing before the senior staff came together. As they inquired she sat with her hands folded on the table when she realized that Warez had remained standing. She could sense the distrust he had. She felt it too, but she didn't let it overcome her judgement. If she was wrong, at least someone would be on their guard.
Race gripped the chair in front of him loosely. He was more or less physically at ease, doubting this Mr. Spock would suddenly turn violent. His mind however was spinning at lightspeed. Unfortunately there was no way for him to know if this was the 'real Spock or not. Or if that even mattered. He found this most irritating.

"We should report this to the bridge." Insisted Warez. "Lt. T'Lara? As ranking officer I believe the duty goes to you Ma'am."

[

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Catrin Maddux on December 25, 2016, 02:28:07 PM

[Sick Bay]

Cat puzzled over 'Ole Miss' but figured it was another sort of Academy. "I'm none too familiar with that school, but then I didn't grow up on Earth, so it still holds a few mysteries for me."

She smiled at him, wanted to help him feel more at ease. It couldn't be easy for him, being away from not only his ship but his own time. The Counselor thought it was a pretty safe bet that Caleb hadn't informed the bridge of their interloper. She didn't want to step on his toes, but protocol and courtesy demanded.

"I hope you don't mind, Doctor, but I'll need to inform the Captain of your arrival. I'm sure she can get to the bottom of this mystery."

She tapped her combadge. =/\="Sick Bay to Bridge, this is LtJG. Catrin Maddux. We have an unexpected guest for Christmas Dinner. Dr. Leonard McCoy of the USS Enterprise has joined us. If he's not alone, perhaps gathering for a meeting would be advised."=/\=

Cat adjusted her antlers, anxiously. She hoped she hadn't overstepped herself with the Captain. She'd find out one way or the other. To ease her mind as she waited for a response, she turned to Dr. McCoy.

"I realize coming here wasn't your idea, but is there anything we can do to make your visit here more comfortable?"

[Sickbay- As McCoy]

"Never heard of her?" he said, incredulous. "Why, she's only the finest university on earth!" he said, looking at her. He sighed. "University of Mississippi, Earth." he said, hoping that now it would click for her.

"Captain? Who's the captain of this monstrosity anyways? Don't tell me that Kirk's still flying this ship.... what's her name again?" He asked, hoping beyond belief that nobody with the name "Kirk" was in this command. Then she mentioned a "she" captain... and his thoughts were slightly more settled.

"Not at all Miss. Take your time." he said, waiting for her to go over to her desk to place the call, but then she tapped her chest and a tiny little badge on it. He nodded to himself, impressed at how small the tech had gotten. "Scotty would kill to dissect this stuff." he said to himself, looking around the medbay and poking into things he likely shouldn't have.

"No no, I'm fine." he said, to respond to her question. "Just seeing what's around here..."

Shadow Fleet

Leonard T. Scott

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 24, 2016, 03:19:18 AM

[Engineering]

He shifted his weight from one foot to another, trying to decide what to do. "I... I'm not sure..." he said, thinking. He was very worried for his job... but then decided to ignore it. "Well... fine. But if I get a visit from DTI I'm blaming you." he said, frowning. "A lot of the networking for Engineering has been made with redundant processors throughout the ship, and the computers are a lot faster." he said, giving vague replies but still specific at the same time.

He didn't tell the man to stop, but made sure nothing critical was on the diagrams. He felt like the man was telling the truth... but this could be a huge espionage hoax. One never knew.

{Engineering}

"Hmm," Scotty said thoughtfully. "I may wanna look into working on improving our systems if we ever get back. Say, ye wouldn't happen to know where we could go get a drink, would ya laddie?"

He had seen enough to begin formulating in his mind how and what he would improve once back on the Enterprise. He was getting a bit parched and thought to continue the discussion over a nice scotch. Besides, he thought ideas were best talked over with a drink or two.

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Dylan Torngate

Quote from: Leonard T. Scott on December 28, 2016, 01:48:25 AM

{Engineering}

"Hmm," Scotty said thoughtfully. "I may wanna look into working on improving our systems if we ever get back. Say, ye wouldn't happen to know where we could go get a drink, would ya laddie?"

He had seen enough to begin formulating in his mind how and what he would improve once back on the Enterprise. He was getting a bit parched and thought to continue the discussion over a nice scotch. Besides, he thought ideas were best talked over with a drink or two.

"A drink might be the mess hall... Deck two, section thirteen." he said, in response. It seemed stories of the man's fondness for a good drink weren't understated. "As to the systems, I can't give you too much in the way of details... and I certainly don't want to create a paradox."

He led the way to a turbolift. "Deck two." he said, and the capsule launched into motion- no handle-holding or anything. A minute or two later, the pod opened in front of the mess hall.

"After you." He said, and followed the man out.

[Mess Hall]

He looked in as he walked in... and saw yet another out of place person. Great.

Shadow Fleet

T'Lara

Quote from: Race Warez on December 26, 2016, 11:05:11 PM

Race gripped the chair in front of him loosely. He was more or less physically at ease, doubting this Mr. Spock would suddenly turn violent. His mind however was spinning at lightspeed. Unfortunately there was no way for him to know if this was the 'real Spock or not. Or if that even mattered. He found this most irritating.

"We should report this to the bridge." Insisted Warez. "Lt. T'Lara? As ranking officer I believe the duty goes to you Ma'am."

[Mess Hall]

T'Lara turned to Race as he spoke to her and raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"I believe Miss Morgaine has already done that, there is no need to give the message twice," she said matter-of-factly.

[Mess Hall]

She heard another person enter along with someone else who looked out of place. This only caused her to feel more uneasy...

"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 29, 2016, 01:54:22 PM

"A drink might be the mess hall... Deck two, section thirteen." he said, in response. It seemed stories of the man's fondness for a good drink weren't understated. "As to the systems, I can't give you too much in the way of details... and I certainly don't want to create a paradox."

He led the way to a turbolift. "Deck two." he said, and the capsule launched into motion- no handle-holding or anything. A minute or two later, the pod opened in front of the mess hall.

[Mess Hall]

[Mess Hall]

Ash was relieved when everyone moved to one of the tables. She would join them at an open chair in a little bit, but she needed to get things sorted in the kitchen so that the holiday festivities later could go on as planned. She was in the process of rolling out some sugar cookie dough when the mess doors opened and two more visitors popped in.

"Dylan!" Ash bounced over to where the pair stood by the door and threw her arms around her friend. She was in a fantastic mood and couldn't really contain her excitement. When she pulled away, she started laughing - she had accidentally gotten flour all over the front of his uniform. She started brushing him off as she apologized. "Sorry, I'm in the middle of making some cookies for tonight's party. It's a messy process."

Turning to the other man - who seemed to be another temporally displaced crew member - she nodded a welcome. "Welcome to the Athena's mess hall. I'm it's manager, Ashlynn Morgaine, but most people call me Ash. I think we have one of your crew mates here already. Mr. Spock is sitting at that table over there if you want to join him. Can I get you anything?"

Race Warez

Quote from: T'Lara on December 29, 2016, 07:05:58 PM

[Mess Hall]

T'Lara turned to Race as he spoke to her and raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"I believe Miss Morgaine has already done that, there is no need to give the message twice," she said matter-of-factly.

She heard another person enter along with someone else who looked out of place. This only caused her  feel more uneasy...

"Indeed?" Both of Warez eye brows shot up. This whole situation was just leaving him baffled. "I must have missed that in my initial surprise. I'm afraid we humans are prone to that kind of thing." Race always hated to admit he was wrong. Even when he was wrong. Oh he'd never let it interfere with duty. Honor was most important, of course.  Father said it was a character flaw. Well I'm doing the best I can out here, Dear Ol' Dad.

Still, not understanding anything about these people upset his ordered universe.

He gave a quick Spanish style bow to both of the ladies. "I did not mean to underestimate either of you. My apologies."

Quote from: Dylan Torngate on December 29, 2016, 01:54:22 PM

[Mess Hall]

Quote from: Ashlynn Ren Morgaine on December 29, 2016, 07:25:30 PM

[Mess Hall]

Ash was relieved when everyone moved to one of the tables. She would join them at an open chair in a little bit, but she needed to get things sorted in the kitchen so that the holiday festivities later could go on as planned. She was in the process of rolling out some sugar cookie dough when the mess doors opened and two more visitors popped in.

"Dylan!" Ash bounced over to where the pair stood by the door and threw her arms around her friend. She was in a fantastic mood and couldn't really contain her excitement. When she pulled away, she started laughing - she had accidentally gotten flour all over the front of his uniform. She started brushing him off as she apologized. "Sorry, I'm in the middle of making some cookies for tonight's party. It's a messy process."

Turning to the other man - who seemed to be another temporally displaced crew member - she nodded a welcome. "Welcome to the Athena's mess hall. I'm it's manager, Ashlynn Morgaine, but most people call me Ash. I think we have one of your crew mates here already. Mr. Spock is sitting at that table over  there if you want to join him. Can I get you anything?"

"Curiouser and curiouser I believe the quote goes." said Race quietly as Dylan and another person of interest walked into the mess. He noted the fact that at least the engineers had gotten together somehow.

Race knew the Chief Engineer was a natural leader and perhaps some answers would be following. Failing that Warez would request using the ships sensors to investigate any temporal anomalies.

[

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.