Season 11, Mission 10: The Ghosts of War

Started by Tekin Nevir, March 06, 2017, 04:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klabax Cottle

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on April 03, 2017, 10:00:24 PM

[Bridge]
=^=Very well, Doctor. We'll go with your way for now. I'll give you an hour. She either cooperates and gets cleared for duty or she gets confined to quarters. Briggs out.=^=

=/\= Very Well, Captain=/\= he said, giving Reyes a look. =/\=One Hour. Though if she refuses treatment I cannot force it up on her.=/\= he said, shaking his head.

"Chief, let's make this easier on all of us, just let me do my job so you can get back to yours." he said, passing a tricorder back and forth between his hands. He had no want to make this drawn out, just make sure the crew is healthy. She was only making this harder on herself...

Klabax Cottle~Denobulan Male

Alt Account of Dylan Torngate

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on April 03, 2017, 10:00:24 PM

[Bridge]

He turned to speak to Garrison, who was speaking to one of her Science Officers, just as Tekin came over the comm.

"On screen." Kyle ordered. As the image came up, Kyle could see the bodies of the old crew strewn around the Bridge. "Any idea of what happened to them yet, Number One?" he asked his XO. "It almost looks like it was just old age from here. You aren't detecting anything biological are you?" he asked with a look of worry as the crew members he could see had already removed their helmets. He quickly regretted his question, knowing Tekin would have checked before giving the all clear. He told the young Bajoran just that. "Forget I asked. I know you would have checked and cleared all that before giving the okay to remove helmets. So what else can you tell me about the ship and crew?" he added.

While listening to his First Officer, he simultaneously  tapped out a message to Doctor Zex at her Medical Station.

Cottle isn't the best with his bedside manners. Would you mind seeing if you could help him out with Reyes? I'd really appreciate it.

He faced the view screen once more to listen to Nevir.

[Bridge - Alien Vessel]

Hearing the order put the first officer into action, as he walked over to what looked like a comm station, and activated it, causing the front panel of the Bridge to vanish into a screen showing the Discovery's bridge.

The First officer shook his head at the Captain's question.  "Negative Captain.  And to be frank, I think the mystery is why these people just sat at their posts.  Life support is functioning normally, and the tricorders are showing the filters are functioning normally. I'd like to request that we transport the body of at least one of them for study.  The rest to the morgue...."

Nevir trailed off as he could have sworn he heard a whisper.  A tiny whisper.  Dismissing it, he turned back to the Captain.  "I'll keep you informed if we find a cause.  Tekin out."

As soon as the call was closed, Nevir swung around, looking down at the Captain.  There was an odd feeling, a small sense of fear, and then it was gone.

"Run a full diagnoistic over the ship sensors.  See if we can get the language translated in the database." he said, a bit unnerved.

"I'll check out Engineering." he said, leaving and headed down to see where is other team was, and how they were doing.

Kinley Garrison

[Bridge]

Kinley nodded to the chemist.   "Yeah, we actually do. Could you help reconstruct this ancient transmission? "" Replaying what she had  already reconstructed of the deteriorated message for McCullogh, Kinley gave him a questioning look.

[As NPC Lt (jg) McCullogh]

Steven listened to the deteriorated recording. It was in pretty bad shape, but not unsalvageable. " I'm not sure what language it's in, but I think it might be enough to run the translator through once I'm done with it."

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Klabax Cottle

[Sickbay]

It appeared that the Chief was going to be less than cooperative. Klabax gathered and put away his gear, slowly and deliberately. Tricorders back in the chargers, disassembling the hyposprays, and finally snapping closed the medkit and putting it away. He turned to the Chief and spoke. "Chief Reyes, you are hereby confined to quarters until a full physical workup indicates you are ready to return to work, signed by a Starfleet medical doctor." he said, turning on his heel and marching out of sickbay with a huff.

[Bridge]

Klabax entered the Bridge, still grumpy and with a new tricorder on his belt. He approached the Captain. "Chief Reyes has been confined to her quarters... sir" he said with obvious distaste for the formality of rank. He'd had enough Captains and Chiefs and Ensigns and the like for one day.

Kyle Briggs

[Bridge - Discovery]

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on April 04, 2017, 07:08:09 PM

[Bridge - Alien Vessel]

Hearing the order put the first officer into action, as he walked over to what looked like a comm station, and activated it, causing the front panel of the Bridge to vanish into a screen showing the Discovery's bridge.

The First officer shook his head at the Captain's question.  "Negative Captain.  And to be frank, I think the mystery is why these people just sat at their posts.  Life support is functioning normally, and the tricorders are showing the filters are functioning normally. I'd like to request that we transport the body of at least one of them for study.  The rest to the morgue...."

Nevir trailed off as he could have sworn he heard a whisper.  A tiny whisper.  Dismissing it, he turned back to the Captain.

Kyle slowly nodded his head in agreement. "I agree. I'll inform the good Doctor to expect a delivery. And we'll ready the morgue. Just give us a heads up on the final body count so we can ensure we have enough room." He stopped as he watched Tekin turn, almost as if someone had called him but Kyle didn't see or hear anyone else speaking. The First Officer returned facing the view screen and finished speaking.

"I'll keep you informed if we find a cause.  Tekin out."

Kyle reached over to activate the comm just as the turbo lift doors parted to allow Doctor Cottle access to the Bridge.
Quote from: Klabax Cottle on April 06, 2017, 01:00:16 PM

Klabax entered the Bridge, still grumpy and with a new tricorder on his belt. He approached the Captain. "Chief Reyes has been confined to her quarters... sir" he said with obvious distaste for the formality of rank. He'd had enough Captains and Chiefs and Ensigns and the like for one day.

Kyle sighed once more. He had hoped Kali would cooperate and get back to the Bridge. He'd also noticed what seemed like an attitude from the Doctor.

"Very well, Doctor. That will free you up for your next assignment. Commander Tekin has found bodies on the other ship. He's examined them enough to know that whatever killed them was not contagious so he'll be sending one over for you to conduct a more thorough exam. And as soon as he has a total count, we'll ready the Morgue for the rest. Thank you." he said almost dismissively as he turned his attention back toward the Science station.

"Commander Garrison? How's the language coming?" he asked.

Kinley Garrison

[Bridge]
Kinley nodded as McCullogh refined the message.  " Great. Let's see what you've got so far." "
After a few moments, the whirring- static sound became a bit clearer

"=/\=...anajar! Thekare perika hamiahj... reyijar te' Ankara perika te ...yajo Dhaka!...=/\=

Nodding to McCullogh, Kinley began running through what he was getting through the translator. It wasn't matching any known languages or derivatives of languages in the database.
Something was definitely not right in this message. Kinley felt a growing sense of unease in the pit of her stomach.

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on April 08, 2017, 03:41:28 AM

Turning around to face the Captain, Kinley nodded. "It's coming along. It's not matching any known language however in the database, but I'm running it through to see if we can translate it.

Klabax Cottle

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on April 08, 2017, 03:41:28 AM

[Bridge - Discovery]

Kyle reached over to activate the comm just as the turbo lift doors parted to allow Doctor Cottle access to the Bridge.

Kyle sighed once more. He had hoped Kali would cooperate and get back to the Bridge. He'd also noticed what seemed like an attitude from the Doctor.

"Very well, Doctor. That will free you up for your next assignment. Commander Tekin has found bodies on the other ship. He's examined them enough to know that whatever killed them was not contagious so he'll be sending one over for you to conduct a more thorough exam. And as soon as he has a total count, we'll ready the Morgue for the rest. Thank you." he said almost dismissively as he turned his attention back toward the Science station.

[Bridge]

Klabax stopped as he got his orders, turned, and stalked back to the turbolift. "Aye" he said, as he shifted the weight of his tricorder set and turned as the turbolift doors shut and sped Klabax off to his destination.

The good thing about the dead: They didn't talk back, misbehave, walk off, refuse treatment, or in any other way get in the way. And, they didn't require you address them by rank. Klabax thought of this little fact as he was spit out by the Mourge.

When there, he prepared the area and waited for the bodies to arrive. He prepared to take tissue samples and activated the sterilization field lockout, negatively pressurizing the area so air could flow in but not out. As he did, a red light on the outside of the room began to pulse. Anyone or entity to entered the area- including other living breathing officers, would be unable to leave until Klabax entered his security code. Not even an Admiral would be able to breach medical quarantine.

He put on a surgical mask and waited. Time to cut open some aliens.

Kyle Briggs

[Bridge]

Kyle just grinned and slightly shook his head as the Doctor exited the Bridge. Cottle reminded him of one of his uncles back home in Ireland. Just a grumpy, old man, set in his ways. But he was damn good doctor. He returned his attention back to the Science station.

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on April 08, 2017, 11:29:46 PM

Turning around to face the Captain, Kinley nodded. "It's coming along. It's not matching any known language however in the database, but I'm running it through to see if we can translate it.

"Sounds like you've got it covered. I'd offer my assistance but I'm Engineer at heart. I'd probably just be in your way." he replied. "Stay on it. You'll get it sooner than later." He turned back to the view screen, which now showed the exterior of the of the other vessel. What are you hiding? he thought. Who fixed you up if the crew's been deceased for a long time? Maybe he had a little Science in him after all. He finally resided himself to the hardest part of his job ever, waiting. His crew was great at their jobs so he knew they would have something before long.

Scott Bradley

[Bridge - Alien Vessel]

Nevir trailed off as he could have sworn he heard a whisper.  A tiny whisper.  Dismissing it, he turned back to the Captain.  "I'll keep you informed if we find a cause.  Tekin out."

As soon as the call was closed, Nevir swung around, looking down at the Captain.  There was an odd feeling, a small sense of fear, and then it was gone.

"Run a full diagnoistic over the ship sensors.  See if we can get the language translated in the database." he said, a bit unnerved.

"I'll check out Engineering." he said, leaving and headed down to see where is other team was, and how they were doing.

Scott had been sat at one of the alien consoles, doing his best to open up the database. He had managed to get by the initial level of security, and had assisted sending the language back to the Discovery. The computer should work through the translation, at least faster than his tricorder.

As Scott left the crew on the Discovery to work , he paced around the Bridge, using this time to search every inch. He had came across ships that had experienced some kind of disaster, but this did not sit right with him. Something was off, and he could feel it. He ran his hands over the consoles at the side of the alien Bridge, noticing what looked like dried blood.

" What in the blue hell happened here. "

Scott listened as the alien language played, the message being relayed to the Discovery. He couldn't understand any of the language itself, but the tone of the speaker was unmistakable . He was terrified.

Scott's head snapped to the aft of the room, he swore he could hear something. resting one hand on his phaser, he tapped his commbadge

=/\= Bradley to Nevir =/\=

" Are you on your way back to the bridge sir? "

Lennox Ainsley

[Bridge]

He was manning tactical, certainly nothing major was happening as of yet. But the Scotsman was itching for something to kick off, and from the sounds of an alien language - yet to be translated by the database - playing, he was getting ready for a fight. Something was going to go down, and he needed to be ready for it.

Lennox made sure that the torpedoes and phasers were at optimum before sitting back and keeping an keen ear out for trouble.

"Corvis oculum corvi non eruit."

Kyan Mackenzie

:: Alien Derelict | Main Bridge ::

The ship is definitely haunted, Kyan thought to himself as he instinctively made a sign in the air for protection. He and Tekin had been "alone" on the bridge for some time according to his eyes and the tricorder he was holding; where he wished that there was a phaser instead, not that it would be useful against the foes with whom they currently occupied this ancient space tomb.

No, only the gods would be able to protect them now. Generally that gave the little Miran some comfort. The gods had done a fair job of keeping him relatively intact for several centuries now, so he usually gave them some leeway in these types of situations. But there was something otherworldly going on here, and he wasn't comfortable with it.

Scared might have been a more accurate description.

But he couldn't let the Bajoran Commander see that could he? And him being the Chief of Security and supposed to be keeping them all from being killed off by.... whatever. No, Kyan couldn't let fear get the better of him. So he swallowed his fear and put on his brave face.

It wasn't that comforting either. Stupid gods! he admonished silently.

[Bridge - Alien Vessel]

Oh. Great. Leave me here alone with the spirits then! Kyan though angrily. He composed himself before he answered though, like the grup head doctor had told him to do. This way he didn't offend people. He wasn't the best at it yet though, although he had been practicing in the mirror in his quarters.

"Fine then" he answered shortly before catching himself....."umm...right you are Commander. I'll just run some diagnostics on the sensors and see if I can't help Kinley the now." he added, checking his tone and forcing a smile. "I'm sure we'll be able to nail it down before long."

Kinley Garrison

[Bridge]

Kinley received a transmission from the Away team. It was some of the data banks from that creepy old ship they were investigating. Score! she thought. This would really help out with the translating of whatever this ship was trying to say.  Downloading the data from the derelict ship, she set it through the translator matrix. When she ran the looping message, she immediately felt a chill run through her.

"=/\=...elp! This is the Ankara calling... something's here! Plea... help! Is anyone out there? ... I Repeat, is anyone.. AAH!...=/\="

The recording faded into static. Whatever it was, it left no hands alive. "Captain. Listen to this. I've got a really bad feeling about who or whatever killed our friends on the Ankara.

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on April 12, 2017, 02:34:02 AM

:: Alien Derelict | Main Bridge ::

The ship is definitely haunted, Kyan thought to himself as he instinctively made a sign in the air for protection. He and Tekin had been "alone" on the bridge for some time according to his eyes and the tricorder he was holding; where he wished that there was a phaser instead, not that it would be useful against the foes with whom they currently occupied this ancient space tomb.

No, only the gods would be able to protect them now. Generally that gave the little Miran some comfort. The gods had done a fair job of keeping him relatively intact for several centuries now, so he usually gave them some leeway in these types of situations. But there was something otherworldly going on here, and he wasn't comfortable with it.

Scared might have been a more accurate description.

But he couldn't let the Bajoran Commander see that could he? And him being the Chief of Security and supposed to be keeping them all from being killed off by.... whatever. No, Kyan couldn't let fear get the better of him. So he swallowed his fear and put on his brave face.

It wasn't that comforting either. Stupid gods! he admonished silently.

Oh. Great. Leave me here alone with the spirits then! Kyan though angrily. He composed himself before he answered though, like the grup head doctor had told him to do. This way he didn't offend people. He wasn't the best at it yet though, although he had been practicing in the mirror in his quarters.

"Fine then" he answered shortly before catching himself....."umm...right you are Commander. I'll just run some diagnostics on the sensors and see if I can't help Kinley the now." he added, checking his tone and forcing a smile. "I'm sure we'll be able to nail it down before long."

Quote from: Scott Bradley on April 11, 2017, 12:40:08 AM

Scott had been sat at one of the alien consoles, doing his best to open up the database. He had managed to get by the initial level of security, and had assisted sending the language back to the Discovery. The computer should work through the translation, at least faster than his tricorder.

As Scott left the crew on the Discovery to work , he paced around the Bridge, using this time to search every inch. He had came across ships that had experienced some kind of disaster, but this did not sit right with him. Something was off, and he could feel it. He ran his hands over the consoles at the side of the alien Bridge, noticing what looked like dried blood.

" What in the blue hell happened here. "

Scott listened as the alien language played, the message being relayed to the Discovery. He couldn't understand any of the language itself, but the tone of the speaker was unmistakable . He was terrified.

Scott's head snapped to the aft of the room, he swore he could hear something. resting one hand on his phaser, he tapped his commbadge

=/\= Bradley to Nevir =/\=

" Are you on your way back to the bridge sir? "

[Ankara - Engineering]

The trip to engineering was fine, and it was fortunate that his team stated the core was functioning normally.  This ship could be underway relatively soon.  Nodding, he stopped when his comm chirped.

=/\="Aye.."=/\= he replied, shaking his head.  The Bajoran turned on his heels, and walked out, going for the Bridge.  He stopped just outside the door when he heard it again... whispers, voices, something.  He turned, and saw that the crew was on the other side of the room.. it couldn't be them....

Moments later, Nevir was on the Bridge.

"Mr. Bradley... have you ever served with Bajorans before?  Our names are reversed.  Please use Tekin from now on." he said, walking over to where Mackenzie and Bradley should be.

He was surprised that he was able to understand what was on the panel... as if it was being translated before his eyes.  He smiled to his ops officer, nodding.  "Excellent work.  What have you found?" he said, turning his head as if he just noticed the viewscreen for the first time.  The ship... it was still there.

"Mackenzie..." he started, turning to the shorter officer.  "Now that we can understand the controls better... find Tactical.  See if we can get power to them...." he said, finally turning away from the viewscreen.

"We already got this far.. let's go all the way." he said, reasoning to himself the judgement of checking all systems.

Klabax Cottle

[Mourge]

Klabax looked as a body appeared by him, and he got to work. He began by taking a detailed tricorder scan, and putting the results up on the screen in front of him. He pulled out the laser scalpel and set it down, first working on the physical workup.

He sighed as he realized he was lacking most of the data. =/\= Klabax to away team, please advise on any retentive data on the death of the crew.=/\= he said, hoping someone would fill him in.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.