Season 11 - Episode 1: Old Dogs & New Tricks

Started by Alexander Wu, May 08, 2016, 04:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Briggs

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on May 30, 2016, 12:26:39 AM

"I'll give you a full report when I get back to Sickbay Captain. However I will be expecting everyone on board to report within 24 hours so I can look into the effects of whatever this is and to treat any wounds. That includes you Captain." Lizzie game a small smile. "Now if you'll excuse me Captain, I'll be heading to Sickbay." She paused and waited for Briggs' response before leaving.

"Understood, Doctor." Kyle replied. He caught her tiny grin. "And I promise to come down myself as soon as possible. Thank you. Dismissed."
Quote from: William Waring on May 30, 2016, 12:39:49 AM

[Bridge]

Will heard Lizzie talking to Kyle and fell right in line to speak after the doctor had finished.[Bridge]

"Some damage to Operational Systems due to our 'madness', for lack of a better term. Nothing that will impede our travel back to Columbus though. Helm control had been routed to Primary Ops and I have moved myself to Secondary Ops although that poses no problems." Will clasped his hands behind his back as he continued "The non-human Ops crew are being released from the Brig and their quarters for a Med Eval down in Sickbay. We will be understaffed but I am bringing some Crewmen in to work Double Shift, myself included. We were lucky to have our non-human comrades in the posts they were or we may have not been here talking right now." He offered the CO a nod "Nothing else you at this moment, I assume? A coffee? A painkiller?" He gave his friend a nod and a smile as he awaited his response.

"Good job, Will. Get with the other department heads and have them work out the same scheduling until we can get everyone checked out and back to work. And I'll be fine until I go see the Doctor."
Quote from: Ser Conley on May 30, 2016, 01:16:31 AM

"We currently moving away from the sun, being towed by the Phoenix, Captain."  Ser said.

Kyle turned toward the Helmsman. "How long until we can be under our own power?" he asked.

Kejal Buris

[USS Phoenix, Bridge]

Quote from: "Archangel T'Koris"

=^= "T'Koris to Phoenix, beam me out when you're ready.  Liaise with the other members of the team separately for their beamouts." =^=

With a relieved sigh, Buris nodded appreciatively as he tapped the comm button.  =/\="Acknowledged, Captain.  Bringing you directly to the Bridge.  Energizing... now."=/\=

Moments later, the Captain would be standing on her Bridge, seeing the way it had become so disheveled in her brief but busy absence.  He tapped the comm icons for the other Away Team members on Discovery.  =/\="Away team, this is Phoenix Ops.  Report in when you're ready to be beamed back."=/\=

Ser Conley

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on May 30, 2016, 05:34:49 AM

"Understood, Doctor." Kyle replied. He caught her tiny grin. "And I promise to come down myself as soon as possible. Thank you. Dismissed."

"Good job, Will. Get with the other department heads and have them work out the same scheduling until we can get everyone checked out and back to work. And I'll be fine until I go see the Doctor."

Kyle turned toward the Helmsman. "How long until we can be under our own power?" he asked.

"That up to Engineering, Captain.  I think the engines took a lot of stress during this... thing.  They may want to a diagnostic or two."  Ser tapped a few keys on his console.

"The good news is, we are out of the sun's corona."

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on May 30, 2016, 05:34:49 AM

Bridge

Lizzie nodded in response.

"Aye Captain." She replied and made her way, rather slower than usual, to the turbolift and took it down to Sickbay.

Sickbay

Lizzie entered and found that it was packed. Before she treated anyone, she had to make sure that she had suffered no ill effects from whatever the controller was. She took a tricorder from the rack and gave herself a full scan. She noticed there were several anomalous readings in her frontal cortex, but they were diminishing and she estimated they would return to normal within an hour of two without any intervention. She noticed she had suffered some minor nerve damage from the repeated phaser hits so after uploading the data to the computer, she injected herself with a minor anti-inflammatory to prevent any further damage and attached a neural-regenerator to her neck, before sitting in a chair. She then waved over the next patient, a female crewman in gold who had a nasty burn to her hand and still looked a bit dazed. She scanned the young woman's brain, finding the same readings she had seen in her own before treating the burn with a dermal regenerator. Since the young woman seemed to still be suffering, she attached a cortical stimulator to help her higher brain functions return to normal. Sitting the young woman down, she got on with the next in line. It was going to be a busy day.

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: William Waring on May 29, 2016, 06:08:14 PM

[Bridge]

Will had been giving himself a mental check. As far as he could tell, he was back in control of himself. He blinked a few times and looked at those present.
"I agree with Mister Conley. I will handle Operations. Ruth, you have the sensors." He looks looked over at the available secondary stations "Lt. Conley, I am going to transfer my Ops to a Secondary Station. Configure Ops to the Helm and get us out of here. I'd rather not hang around in case we get affected again." His attention then turned to Lizzie who was sat down."Are you sure you want to wait? You did get hit with a phaser more then once. I think we should get one of your staff up here to check you over."

Bridge

Ruth let out a sigh of relief that people seemed to be back to normal.  "Aye, Commander." she responded to Will briefly.

"Should we drain power from the shuttles to give more power to the engines sir?" she asked of Captain Briggs.

She'd be glad when they got to Columbus, she for one was tired, tired of fighting.  And fighting herself.  Looking at the rest of the crew that she could see the humans especially seemed to be experiencing much the same fatigue.  Still with the help of the Phoenix they'd be out of danger soon.

Quote from: Ser Conley on May 30, 2016, 07:38:16 AM

"That up to Engineering, Captain.  I think the engines took a lot of stress during this... thing.  They may want to a diagnostic or two."  Ser tapped a few keys on his console.

Ruth smiled at Conley and stuck out her hand.  "Mr Conley, I'm sorry for hurting your helm, at the time it was all I could think of, and I'm sorry I mistrusted you.  I couldn't trust anyone, not even myself at that point... no hard feelings?"

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Kyle Briggs

Quote from: Ser Conley on May 30, 2016, 07:38:16 AM

"Good job. Just keep in touch with Engineering and let me know if anything changes." Kyle responded.
Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on May 30, 2016, 01:47:09 PM

"Should we drain power from the shuttles to give more power to the engines sir?" she asked of Captain Briggs.

Kyle slowly shook his head as he still had a slight headache. "Don't bother. If the Phoenix isn't having any issues towing us, let them do the work for now." He started to look around the Bridge. "She's an old but reliable ship. Let her have her rest until we return to base."

He then watched as his crew went about doing their jobs. He could see the fatigue in all of them. They would need some R&R as well. He felt pride knowing they could and had handled a very terrible situation. And that they could all work well together. He had an amazing crew and he hoped to be a part of it for a long time to come.

Ser Conley

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on May 30, 2016, 01:47:09 PM

Bridge

Ruth let out a sigh of relief that people seemed to be back to normal.  "Aye, Commander." she responded to Will briefly.

She'd be glad when they got to Columbus, she for one was tired, tired of fighting.  And fighting herself.  Looking at the rest of the crew that she could see the humans especially seemed to be experiencing much the same fatigue.  Still with the help of the Phoenix they'd be out of danger soon.

Ruth smiled at Conley and stuck out her hand.  "Mr Conley, I'm sorry for hurting your helm, at the time it was all I could think of, and I'm sorry I mistrusted you.  I couldn't trust anyone, not even myself at that point... no hard feelings?"

"you're worried about this!" Ser said pointing a thumb at the now destroyed helm.  Then took her hand and gave it a good shake.

"Don't be, I once blow up the Captains ready room with a phaser.  It nothing that can't be fixed.  We once had to replace the whole bridge.  Literally."  he said, smiling a sad smile a he remembered the worst day of his life.

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on May 30, 2016, 02:11:08 PM

"Good job. Just keep in touch with Engineering and let me know if anything changes." Kyle responded.

Kyle slowly shook his head as he still had a slight headache. "Don't bother. If the Phoenix isn't having any issues towing us, let them do the work for now." He started to look around the Bridge. "She's an old but reliable ship. Let her have her rest until we return to base."

He then watched as his crew went about doing their jobs. He could see the fatigue in all of them. They would need some R&R as well. He felt pride knowing they could and had handled a very terrible situation. And that they could all work well together. He had an amazing crew and he hoped to be a part of it for a long time to come.

"Aye captain" Ser replied, then tapped his comm badge.

=/\="Bridge to Engineering, what's the status of the engines?"=/\= he asked.

"May you live as long as you want to, and want to as long as you live."-Irish toast

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Quote from: Ser Conley on May 30, 2016, 08:20:23 PM

"you're worried about this!" Ser said pointing a thumb at the now destroyed helm.  Then took her hand and gave it a good shake.

"Don't be, I once blow up the Captains ready room with a phaser.  It nothing that can't be fixed.  We once had to replace the whole bridge.  Literally."  he said, smiling a sad smile a he remembered the worst day of his life.

"Aye captain" Ser replied, then tapped his comm badge.

=/\="Bridge to Engineering, what's the status of the engines?"=/\= he asked.

Bridge

Ruth grinned at Ser "Guess you don't do things by halves then?! If you blow up Ready Rooms!  Have to admit while I love Sciences and most of the time it's a quieter job, I kinda miss shooting things.  What I did, well... I did have some training in since while Sciences is my primary there was no openings for it when I left the Acad, so started in Flight, then moved to Security, so that..." she nodded to the helm with her head, "...was a result of training."

Giggling now she said "Look how accurate the scorch mark of the phaser is I might as well have written my name with it!"  Fully laughing, now she suddenly looked at the Captain.

"Sorry Sir, relief I guess, or maybe I'm still crazy?!" she said with a wink.  She knew Kyle would probably think that she was and always would be a special brand of crazy.  What other woman did he know that had a collection of throwing axes that she knew how to use!?!

She trotted up to the Science station and had a quick look at the environmental sensors.  "Now that we're pulling away from the sun, nothing major of note to report between us and Columbus, Sir.  Should be easy trip now that we're free of the gravational pull."

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Kejal Buris

[USS Phoenix, Bridge]

=/\="Discovery Sickbay, this is Phoenix Ops. You have two incoming injured officers - Commander Wu and Lieutenant Pardek.  Energizing."=/\=

With that, he tapped a few buttons and the two of them disappeared into so much star-stuff, only to ensure that they rematerialized safely in Discovery's sickbay, where the doctors would take care of them.

He grimaced, realizing who two of the Away team were - and he knew he'd much rather leave them over there, or leave them out in space, or anywhere else he could... but it wouldn't be right.  =/\="Lieutenant Tre'el, Lieutenant Epath, Doctor Kintiss.  Please report status aboard Discovery, and readiness to be beamed back aboard Phoenix."=/\=

The hatred dripping in Buris' voice as he forced himself to mouth Cardassian names back to back, and not referring to Nelkar as 'Gul Epath', would be painfully obvious to either of them - especially Nelkar, as he'd come face-to-face with Buris on multiple occasions.  It was the voice of any of the Bajorans of his generation, the ones who'd grown up knowing nothing but fighting.  And yet to someone not used to it, it sounded just a tone off from the man's normal 'brusque Ops' voice; the one he used to 'ask' people things that were really orders.  Of course, he was sure the Captain could tell.  But hatred didn't prevent him from doing his duty - as much as he would have loved to lose their signals mid-transport.  Maybe try beaming them from here all the way to Cardassia Prime, that'd be a hoot.  But... no.  That was a fantasy; not something he could ever do.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Kejal Buris on May 31, 2016, 06:08:29 AM

[USS Phoenix, Bridge]

=/\="Discovery Sickbay, this is Phoenix Ops. You have two incoming injured officers - Commander Wu and Lieutenant Pardek.  Energizing."=/\=

With that, he tapped a few buttons and the two of them disappeared into so much star-stuff, only to ensure that they rematerialized safely in Discovery's sickbay, where the doctors would take care of them.

Discovery Sickbay

Lizzie heard the call and moments later she saw Wu and Pardek appear. She tapped her com-badge.

=/\=Discovery Sickbay to Phoenix Ops. We have them. Thank you for your continued assistance. Vaughan out!=/\=

She immediately went over to Wu and helped him over to the main bed, signalling one of the nurses to assist Pardek.

"Let's get you onto the bed Commander. How are you feeling, if it's anything like the rest of us it's not good." She helped him climb onto the bed. before pulling out her tricorder.

In Memorium.

Ser Conley

Quote from: Ruth Sigurdsdottir on May 30, 2016, 10:55:09 PM

Bridge

Ruth grinned at Ser "Guess you don't do things by halves then?! If you blow up Ready Rooms!  Have to admit while I love Sciences and most of the time it's a quieter job, I kinda miss shooting things.  What I did, well... I did have some training in since while Sciences is my primary there was no openings for it when I left the Acad, so started in Flight, then moved to Security, so that..." she nodded to the helm with her head, "...was a result of training."

Giggling now she said "Look how accurate the scorch mark of the phaser is I might as well have written my name with it!"  Fully laughing, now she suddenly looked at the Captain.

"Sorry Sir, relief I guess, or maybe I'm still crazy?!" she said with a wink.  She knew Kyle would probably think that she was and always would be a special brand of crazy.  What other woman did he know that had a collection of throwing axes that she knew how to use!?!

She trotted up to the Science station and had a quick look at the environmental sensors.  "Now that we're pulling away from the sun, nothing major of note to report between us and Columbus, Sir.  Should be easy trip now that we're free of the gravational pull."

Ser laughed as well.  It always felt good to laugh after cheating death.

"Don't worry, it a normal reaction after you almost being burned to nothing."

Quote from: Kejal Buris on May 31, 2016, 06:08:29 AM

[USS Phoenix, Bridge]

Ser looked round the bridge, something seem to be missing.  he could think of what it was.  the though keep pulsing in his head, until he look at the first officers seat.  The pieces fell into place.

"Captain, where our First officer?"  Then he noticed Safefta absents from the Bridge.  "And our Secerity Chief?" he asked

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on May 31, 2016, 07:18:00 PM

Discovery Sickbay

Lizzie heard the call and moments later she saw Wu and Pardek appear. She tapped her com-badge.

=/\=Discovery Sickbay to Phoenix Ops. We have them. Thank you for your continued assistance. Vaughan out!=/\=

She immediately went over to Wu and helped him over to the main bed, signalling one of the nurses to assist Pardek.

"Let's get you onto the bed Commander. How are you feeling, if it's anything like the rest of us it's not good." She helped him climb onto the bed. before pulling out her tricorder.

[Sickbay]

"Thanks Doctor. I feel like there's someone hammering away inside my head, and I'm pretty sure I've been on the receiving end of a few phaser stun blasts. Oh, and my nose might be broken. Other then that, I'm fine." Alex gestured towards Pardek, gingerly considering his friend's condition. "Take care of her first, she looks worse off than me. Safefta, what exactly happened? Phoenix's XO said you had stopped me from flying Discovery into the sun...how'd you manage that?"

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Kyle Briggs

Quote from: Ser Conley on May 31, 2016, 07:23:03 PM

Ser laughed as well.  It always felt good to laugh after cheating death.

"Don't worry, it a normal reaction after you almost being burned to nothing."

Ser looked round the bridge, something seem to be missing.  he could think of what it was.  the though keep pulsing in his head, until he look at the first officers seat.  The pieces fell into place.

"Captain, where our First officer?"  Then he noticed Safefta absents from the Bridge.  "And our Secerity Chief?" he asked

[Bridge]

Kyle took a second to look around himself before speaking.

"Computer. Locate Commander Wu and Lieutenant Pardek."

Commander Wu and Lieutenant Pardek are located in Sickbay

They were on a slow pace back to the starbase right now, so Kyle had time to go check on his officers and friend. He stood and turned for the lift. "You have the Bridge, Mister Conley." he said.

[Sickbay]

"How are they Doctor?" he asked as he entered.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Alexander Wu on May 31, 2016, 08:26:00 PM

[Sickbay]

"Thanks Doctor. I feel like there's someone hammering away inside my head, and I'm pretty sure I've been on the receiving end of a few phaser stun blasts. Oh, and my nose might be broken. Other then that, I'm fine." Alex gestured towards Pardek, gingerly considering his friend's condition. "Take care of her first, she looks worse off than me. Safefta, what exactly happened? Phoenix's XO said you had stopped me from flying Discovery into the sun...how'd you manage that?"

Sickbay

Lizzie smiled as she ran the tricorder over the XO.

"I know, my head was feeling the same, just the same as the rest of the crew I imagine. I'll give you a mild anti-inflammatory to hep ease the symptoms. If you got hit by a phaser then you'll probably need neuro-stimulation to repair any nerve damage. I know I did. And don't worry about Lieutenant Pardek, she's in good hands. As for the help, all I really remember is activating a emergency medical protocol and sending out a distress signal. Something must have happened as when I get back here I have to restore myself and all other officers back to duty and there is no sign of the Anesthizine I added to the the life support system. Also there is computer evidence that I was the one who revealed all officers, including myself of duty. I would never have done that! This tells me that someone, I don't know who, impersonated me and using my access code, countermanded everything I had put in place. While I don't remember the details, I remember fighting whatever this was. I don;t know why I was more resilient but I will be looking into it." Lizzie paused for breath. "You were right  that your nose is broken." She continued. "So I'll just repair it for you." She smiled at the XO before going over the shelf and removing the bone and cartilage regenerator. She then loaded a hypospray before going back to the bed.

"Hold still Commander. If this is going to work properly, you can't move." She said as she injected a mild analgesic before straightening the Commanders nose and activating the regenerator. A few minutes later she was done. She then fitted a neuro-regenerator to Wu's neck.

"There you go Commander, good as new. Please wait over there until the regenerator has finished its work. Then you can return to duty on the condition that you you fell at all unwell, you report back here! Understood." She had no sooner closed her mouth when she heard the Captains voice at her elbow.

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on May 31, 2016, 10:47:20 PM

[Sickbay]

"How are they Doctor?" he asked as he entered.

Lizzie gave the Captain a tired smile.

"Commander Wu is doing well Captain. Apart from the broken nose that I have already repaired, he is suffering from the same symptoms as all the other humans on the crew, to a greater or lesser extent anyway. Some, like myself seemed to be barely effected. Whereas others, seemed to be completely under the control of whatever caused this. Lieutenant Pardek is being treated over there. She is responding well to the treatment." Lizzie indicated the bed where Pardek was laying, still only half concious.

In Memorium.

Kyle Briggs

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on May 31, 2016, 11:40:10 PM

Lizzie gave the Captain a tired smile.

"Commander Wu is doing well Captain. Apart from the broken nose that I have already repaired, he is suffering from the same symptoms as all the other humans on the crew, to a greater or lesser extent anyway. Some, like myself seemed to be barely effected. Whereas others, seemed to be completely under the control of whatever caused this. Lieutenant Pardek is being treated over there. She is responding well to the treatment." Lizzie indicated the bed where Pardek was laying, still only half concious.

[Sickbay]

"Very well. Do what you need to." he said as he turned to Wu. "And you rest if you need it. We're currently being towed by the Phoenix and are heading back to the Columbus. We've got the time. Take it."

He turned to head back to the Bridge and slightly stumbled as he did so. His head was still pounding and the nausea had seemed to return. It appeared as if they all could use the rest on the return trip.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.