S11 - Mission 7: Asteroid Katra

Started by Kirok, November 29, 2016, 02:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kali Reyes

[Kennedy Base - Command Center]

The second pod was activated according to the console. Frowning, Kali activated her combadge. "Reyes to away team - what the hell was in that pod?!" 

Kyle Briggs

Mystery Ship

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on December 28, 2016, 03:24:19 AM

This is the Delta Flyer for the Federation ship U.S.S Discovery. We were in the area and noticed your ship in distress. Can we help you out? We have a medic on board for any of your party who might be injured.

The Discovery. Kyle couldn't help but to smile. He should have known that if he was gonna be rescued out here, it would be by his former ship and crew. This just went to further show how special he thought they were. Hell, when his shuttle back to the Columbus was hijacked by Orions six weeks ago, he never thought he'd ever see another Federation ship. Then an opportunity to escape presented itself and he stolen this ship. He quickly learned what a mistake that had been when he saw that it had been cobbled together from ships of several other species. Most of which he couldn't read. He quickly began tapping out his response...

-.. .. ... -.-. --- ...- . .-. -.-- .-.-.- / - .... .. ... / .. ... / -.-. .- .--. - .- .. -. / -.- -.-- .-.. . / -... .-. .. --. --. ... .-.-.- / .. - .----. ... / .- / .--. .-.. . .- ... ..- .-. . / - --- / ... . . / -.-- --- ..- / ..-. --- .-.. -.- ... / .- --. .- .. -. .-.-.- / .. .----. -- / - .... . / --- -. .-.. -.-- / --- -. . / .- -... --- .- .-. -.. / -... ..- - / .. / -.. --- / .... .- ...- . / ... . ...- . .-. .- .-.. / .. -. .--- ..- .-. .. . ... .-.-.- / .- / -- . -.. .. -.-. / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -... . / -- --- ... - / .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . -.. .-.-.-

*Discovery. This is Captain Kyle Briggs. It's a pleasure to see you folks again. I'm the only one aboard but I do have several injuries. A Medic would be most welcomed.

John Norton

Quote from: Klabax Cottle on December 27, 2016, 07:08:25 PM

Klabax nodded as he worked. He didn't restrain the admiral as he kept speaking, but he wished the man would be silent. He processed the scan results, frowning at how he hadn't gotten a response from the ship.

He nodded as the consoles booted up. "It seems they have saved us the trouble." he said, and very slightly nodded thanks to the photonic AI- almost imperceptible but still there.

"Mister Mackenzie, you've got an eye for technology. What do you make of this chamber?" he asked, genuinely curious as to the tech.

"Mister Mahak, how operational are the computer cores here?" he asked, looking to the man. If he was lucky they were mostly undamaged and he could use them for medical experiments. If not... well... that was a different problem.

He nodded to the man's replies. "No allergies to any medication of any kind? No current medications?" He asked, needing to know the details. "I'd rather not have to take a blood sample. Or have someone dig through the computer systems here." he said, not threatening, more like a promise that he'd follow through with it.

He though about it for a moment but couldn't think of any. "None that I know of but it might be I never have came into contact with any that I am yet." He replied a little exhausted. "Any chance I will be mobile in the next hour or so, Doctor?"
Quote from: Klabax Cottle on December 29, 2016, 02:04:53 PM

[Kennedy-Cryo]

"Get on it." he said, indicating to the man to fix the cores. He didn't care about or know about the tech... only that he should get it done. Somehow. "Take Mister Mackenzie with you." he said, working on the Admiral more. The poison was a remarkable specimen... given time, he might want to study it for a while. Unfortunately, that was not to be today.
[Kennedy-Cryo]

He nodded, concerned when Mahak gave his next report. "Another pod, Admiral?" he asked, frowning as he left the Admiral's side and approached the other pods.

"Yes, yes..." he muttered to himself, scanning the pod. He didn't know what there was, and hoped the Admiral or Mackenzie or Mahak knew or at least had some idea what was going on.

He stared at the other pod but he didn't remember much, not even when placed in cryo stasis. Last he remembered was what happen on Ceti Alpha IV base and then everything went black. "I have no idea who's in the pod."
[Kennedy Control]

"Admiral, the Shadow Mage will be exiting warp any minute now. They appeared to have taken a short cut to arrive well ahead of schedule. Sensors are detecting structural damage." Cassandra spoke up just as the agile Defiant vessel emerged from warp into sub space. One of the two warp nacelles was venting warp plasma.

"It's moving towards one of the base's cloaked interior dry docks."

Shadow Fleet Covert Intelligence

Primary Account: Chris Newberry, Starfleet CnC
Secondary Account: John Norton, Delphia A Tertiary Account:  Justin Conwell, Delphia A Axuillary Account: Chris Truffles, Merc for Hire!

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on January 02, 2017, 01:29:46 AM

Mystery Ship

The Discovery. Kyle couldn't help but to smile. He should have known that if he was gonna be rescued out here, it would be by his former ship and crew. This just went to further show how special he thought they were. Hell, when his shuttle back to the Columbus was hijacked by Orions six weeks ago, he never thought he'd ever see another Federation ship. Then an opportunity to escape presented itself and he stolen this ship. He quickly learned what a mistake that had been when he saw that it had been cobbled together from ships of several other species. Most of which he couldn't read. He quickly began tapping out his response...

-.. .. ... -.-. --- ...- . .-. -.-- .-.-.- / - .... .. ... / .. ... / -.-. .- .--. - .- .. -. / -.- -.-- .-.. . / -... .-. .. --. --. ... .-.-.- / .. - .----. ... / .- / .--. .-.. . .- ... ..- .-. . / - --- / ... . . / -.-- --- ..- / ..-. --- .-.. -.- ... / .- --. .- .. -. .-.-.- / .. .----. -- / - .... . / --- -. .-.. -.-- / --- -. . / .- -... --- .- .-. -.. / -... ..- - / .. / -.. --- / .... .- ...- . / ... . ...- . .-. .- .-.. / .. -. .--- ..- .-. .. . ... .-.-.- / .- / -- . -.. .. -.-. / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -... . / -- --- ... - / .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . -.. .-.-.-

*Discovery. This is Captain Kyle Briggs. It's a pleasure to see you folks again. I'm the only one aboard but I do have several injuries. A Medic would be most welcomed.

Delta Flyer

Katcha looked at the blinking lights and read it straight, having learned it as a child. She immediately tapped out a reply

=/\=..-. .. .-.. .. - --- ...-/- ---/-... .-. .. --. --. .../.--. .-. . .--. .- .-. ./..-. --- .-./- .-. .- -. ... .--. --- .-. -/... .. --. -. .- .-../-..-/--.-/-/.-- .... . -./.-. . .- -.. -.--/

She then turned to Dixon.

"It's Captain Briggs. Please prepare to transport him on his signal." She said before opening a com channel.

=/\=Flyer to Discovery. The pilot has identified themselves a Captain Briggs. We are waiting for his ok so we can transport. We will keep you updated. Out.=/\=

She turned back to the other ship to await Briggs' response.

Filitov to Briggs prepare for transport signal X Q T when ready.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Kirok

Quote from: John Norton on January 02, 2017, 01:37:54 AM

He though about it for a moment but couldn't think of any. "None that I know of but it might be I never have came into contact with any that I am yet." He replied a little exhausted. "Any chance I will be mobile in the next hour or so, Doctor?"

He stared at the other pod but he didn't remember much, not even when placed in cryo stasis. Last he remembered was what happen on Ceti Alpha IV base and then everything went black. "I have no idea who's in the pod."

[Kennedy Control]

"Admiral, the Shadow Mage will be exiting warp any minute now. They appeared to have taken a short cut to arrive well ahead of schedule. Sensors are detecting structural damage." Cassandra spoke up just as the agile Defiant vessel emerged from warp into sub space. One of the two warp nacelles was venting warp plasma.

"It's moving towards one of the base's cloaked interior dry docks."

[Kennedy - Control Center]

"Thank you Casandra.  Open a channel.  I would like to great the crew and let them know we are here" Kirok said.

A moment later the view screen in the room came alive.  And the image that appeared caught the half Vulcan by surprise.  But did not let his feelings show.

[NPC - EQ Kimball]

"This is Crewman EQ Kimball.  Requesting permission to dock.  The crew have been injured and we have taken damage" the man said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kyle Briggs

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 02, 2017, 01:54:41 AM

Filitov to Briggs prepare for transport signal X Q T when ready.

Filitov. Another name that sounded great to hear. Kyle read the incoming message and began his reply. It would be good to get some medical help. His training just hadn't been enough for his injuries. He knew his right arm was broken. He had several fractured ribs and a head injury as well. Wouldn't shock him if he was in a medical facility for few months after this.

... .. --. -. .- .-.. / .-.. --- -.-. -.- . -.. / .. -. .-.-.- / - .-. .- -. ... .--. --- .-. - / .-- .... . -. / .-. . .- -.. -.--

*Signal locked in. Transport when ready*

Non-Playing Character 4

Delta Flyer - NPC Tactical Officer, Lt(jg) Jake Dixon

"Signal received. Initiating transport now." called Dixon. He hadn't met this Captain Briggs but from the sounds of her voice, Filitov knew who he was. A few seconds later, the man appeared on the biobed located at the rear of the shuttle.

Kyle Briggs

Kyle took one last look around as the transporter beam began grabbing a hold of him. He was not going to miss this piece of crap of a ship. He couldn't wait to feel the floor of the Discovery under his feet once more. A few seconds later and he found himself lying on a biobed aboard the Delta Flyer. the doors were open and he could see Filitov at the helm. He smiled at his old friend and colleague. It felt good to be returning home.

Kinley Garrison

[Flyer]

Captain Briggs. She had heard stories about him from some of her senior crewmates. Apparently he was captain of the Disco before she had arrived onboard, and a really good one too.
Turning to Dixon and Filitov, she asked.  "What do you guys need me to do?"

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Kyle Briggs on January 02, 2017, 02:30:38 AM

Kyle took one last look around as the transporter beam began grabbing a hold of him. He was not going to miss this piece of crap of a ship. He couldn't wait to feel the floor of the Discovery under his feet once more. A few seconds later and he found himself lying on a biobed aboard the Delta Flyer. the doors were open and he could see Filitov at the helm. He smiled at his old friend and colleague. It felt good to be returning home.

Delta Flyer

Katcha heard the transport and saw Briggs appear on the biobed. The T'Narr immediately began treating the Captain's injuries. Katcha caught Briggs' eye and nodded.

"Velcome back Keptin." She said in greeting.

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on January 02, 2017, 05:48:16 AM

[Flyer]

Captain Briggs. She had heard stories about him from some of her senior crewmates. Apparently he was captain of the Disco before she had arrived onboard, and a really good one too.
Turning to Dixon and Filitov, she asked.  "What do you guys need me to do?"

Katcha looked at the Science Officer.

"You can assist T'Narr if you vish. Ozzervise ve are heading back. Keep ze ship on ze sensors." She said before engaging the Impulse Drive and heading back to the Discovery.

Soon they were aproaching the Discovery and Katcha opened up an channel.

=/\=Flyer to Discovery Dock control. Reqvest permission do land!=/\=

=/\=Dock Control to Flyer. You are cleared to land in Shuttle bay one. Welcome home!=/\=

At the signal Katcha cut the Impulse engines and using only thrusters, manoeuvred the Flyer into the shuttle bay. She extended the landing struts and softly touched the flyer down. Once they were secure, she powered down the engines and opened another channel.

=/\=Flyer to Sickbay. Ve have Keptin Briggs on board and he is hurt. Please send a Doktor to shuttle say von!=/\=

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Klabax Cottle

Quote from: Mahak on December 29, 2016, 02:17:45 PM

[Kennedy Base - Cryonics]

Mackenzie had already leaped forward at the doctor's command, with Mahak joining him, but once the second cryo pod had begun to thaw the Vulcan stayed. Mackenzie continued to the computer core.

"The equipment is functioning perfectly." Mahak told the room at large. "I see no reason why the subject should not be alive, as well."

"Thank you, Mahak." he said, walking away from the admiral for a moment to look at the new pod. He looked at the pod. It seemed to be intact but he had no readings beyond the frosted-over glass.

He took medical readings, hoping to tell anything he could about the man or woman in the pod, but he had no such insight. "It seems we have an unexpected visitor."

Quote from: Octavius Reo on December 29, 2016, 04:53:06 PM

[Kennedy Cryo]

During his time at the Academy, Octavius had read an ancient Terran story about a man who fell asleep for many years and woke up to everything around him changed. When considering the story, he had thought that it would not be so bad for him to do the same. He would have missed his room mate at the time, but other than that he had no one to fear leaving behind. Which was, at the end of the day, the reason he had volunteered to go under cryo when the Admiral was frozen.

Having no idea when the Admiral was going to be awakened, he had thought it best that at least one person go down with him. Sure, Cassandra would most likely still be functioning when they woke, but what if she was not? And the Admiral was stuck in a new time and place alone? Best to have a friendly face tag along with him.

One could imagine his surprise when it sounded as if they had been found by someone the Admiral knew. It took him a moment to realize what was going on, and since he was not needed, he simply relaxed inside his pod with the intent to drift back to sleep. Of course, before he could, his pod began a full thaw and he knew he would have to get up when it was done. When the pod opened, he carefully pushed himself to a sitting position and stretched. Almost idly, he commented "How is it you can sleep for years and still wake up exhausted?"

He walked around the pod, as it opened and he saw the man. "I'm Doctor Klabax of the Federation Starship Discovery. Who are you?" He asked, looking at the man. He appeared to be wholly well, uninjured, and as really a sentry. Possibly he was supposed to have awoken first?

He turned and spoke to the room, hoping the AI could hear him. "Cassandra, do you have any details about this?" he asked, before scanning and listening to this new subject and his story. "Cryogenic stasis is no substitute for bedrest. You havn't been sleeping, you've been frozen. Big difference." he said, before walking back to the admiral.

Quote from: John Norton on January 02, 2017, 01:37:54 AM

[Cryo]

He sighed as he worked. "I have no idea what toxin you have here... it's more complex than anything I've come across before. We'll figure it out. But for now you need rest in sickbay."

He finished cleaning and healing the man's other wounds- phaser burns, broken limbs, or even any bruising. He looked fine, if a bit hungry or tired. "Though some food might not be too far remiss." he said, as he looked at the man.

Klabax Cottle~Denobulan Male

Alt Account of Dylan Torngate

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on January 02, 2017, 11:37:14 AM

Delta Flyer

Katcha looked at the Science Officer.

"You can assist T'Narr if you vish. Ozzervise ve are heading back. Keep ze ship on ze sensors." She said before engaging the Impulse Drive and heading back to the Discovery.

[Flyer]

"All right. I'm no doctor, but I'll see what I can do."  She replied, pulling out her tricorder.  The Captain was pretty banged up, but his vitals were all right. T'narr crisply ordered; "Garrison. Would you hand me that hypospray with the pain reducer? The one that says Terakine." "On it, doc." She answered. Rummaging through the various dosages of medicine, she found the one he needed. "Here you go. 15ccs of Terakine."   Giving the efficient Vulcan his space, she walked over to the replicator and requested an ice pack. Taking the ice pack, she walked over to the battered Captain. "Alright.  The ice should reduce the swelling, sir. Let's get you back to the Discovery."

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.