S11 - Mission 6: Arch Enemies

Started by Kirok, October 28, 2016, 08:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyan Mackenzie

:: Main Bridge | USS Discovery ::

The Discovery shuddered as she "limped" through the nebula. To the bad guys, she would like like she was wounded. And then the creatures would close in... and, ideally Mr. Marshall would then unleash some Federation fury on them and... boom bang BLAUW!..off to the Summerlands. Ideally anyhow... provided that Kyan and Mister Ainsley could find them. The little Miran narrowed his eyes as he peered at the console in front of him. The Discovery's sensors updated the screen every few moments, but as yet...nothing. As he stared blankly at the screen in front of him, something occured to the ancient boy that had happened quite a long time ago... when he was at the academy class. Some grup teacher had said something about ships attracting ion energy in storms like this....and having to to go the starbase to get it discharged.

"Aye Ainsley... if the both of us came in here with no ion energy all over us... and then atteacted it... wouldn't there be some sort o fluc-tations around our boat and theirs too? That we could scan for and get the creatures' coordinates the now?"

Before Ainsley could answer however, the intercom chimed.

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on November 24, 2016, 08:14:08 PM

=/\= I know this is probably a really bad time to call you, but I'm Kinley Garrison, the new Science Officer you requested. What can I do to help out?

And perfect timing too! A scientist is just what was needed to see if Kyan's theory was correct. He tapped the intercom.

=/\= Aye Garrison... welcome aboard. You can haul your egg headed grup arse right up to the bridge and help us triangulate this ship so that we can get out of here without being killed off is what. Hurry up! Bridge out. =/\=

Kyan tapped the intercom again and peered back at Ainsley with raised eyebrows. "Morrigu's got our back the now looks like eh? Or Lugh's just plopping down scientists where we need them."

Kinley Garrison

[bridge]

The ship lurched. Kinley held on to the control panels for what seemed like an eternity before the intercom chimed.

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on November 25, 2016, 02:27:52 PM

=/\= Aye Garrison... welcome aboard. You can haul your egg headed grup arse right up to the bridge and help us triangulate this ship so that we can get out of here without being killed off is what. Hurry up! Bridge out. =/\=."

Great! Someone heard! But did he just call her Egghead? That was a first. But there was no time to wonder about her new crew mates now. They needed her on the bridge. Clambering her way through the pitching doors, she made her way through to a empty science station . "Alright . I'm here. So what kind of energy have they been  using?" "The flight control officer, a little kid, barked out. "They've been usin' ion energy t' get past us!"   "Great! That's all I really need to know." Kinley shouted across the commotion. Focusing deeply, an intense look of concentration on her face as she set the  sensors on the sea of empty space, looking for something, anything even remotely out of place. A ship that big couldn't hide for long. Just then one of the sensors chimed.  "Hey guys, I think I might have found it."
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Kali Reyes

Quote from: Kyan Mackenzie on November 25, 2016, 02:27:52 PM

=/\= Aye Garrison... welcome aboard. You can haul your egg headed grup arse right up to the bridge and help us triangulate this ship so that we can get out of here without being killed off is what. Hurry up! Bridge out. =/\=

Kyan tapped the intercom again and peered back at Ainsley with raised eyebrows. "Morrigu's got our back the now looks like eh? Or Lugh's just plopping down scientists where we need them."

Kali was much too busy getting updates on the rest of the ship, so Kyan took the liberty of greeting another new crewman through the intercom. "Can anybody else understand what the kid just said?" Because she never did and damned if it wasn't making her stir crazy. No one should be shooting obscure references on this ship except for yours truly.
Quote from: Kinley Garrison on November 25, 2016, 05:31:41 PM

[bridge]

Focusing deeply, an intense look of concentration on her face as she set the  sensors on the sea of empty space, looking for something, anything even remotely out of place. A ship that big couldn't hide for long. Just then one of the sensors chimed.  "Hey guys, I think I might have found it."

"Drop the coordinates for the rest of the class, sea legs," Kali replied to her and then waited on the brass for further orders. "All departments on green." Sickbay might be yellow though. Apparently a lot of them forgot that a ship can knock them off their toes easier than anticipated.

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Kali Reyes on November 25, 2016, 08:32:28 PM

"Drop the coordinates for the rest of the class, sea legs," Kali replied to her and then waited on the brass for further orders. "All departments on green." Sickbay might be yellow though. Apparently a lot of them forgot that a ship can knock them off their toes easier than anticipated.

[bridge]
Yes. The ship's at 674.98 on my scanners, though there's a lot of interference going on in the subionic range.
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Klabax Cottle

[Sickbay]

Klabax got a call to another compartment, but the medical staff was already scattered. He sighed as he tapped a control panel.

=/\= Computer, activate EMH =/\=

[EMH Mk. 4 Initated]

The hologram shimmered into existence. "Please state the nature of the Medical Emergency"

Klabax gave it quick orders, already gathering his stuff to leave. "The ship is under attack. All the medical personnel are busy. Take care of this place." he said, leaving on the EMH who was stuttering to reply. This model was quite the update from the EMH Mk I's personality, and so was programmed to be "polite". The hologram shook his head as he gathered tools and began to work as Klabax ran off.

Klabax Cottle~Denobulan Male

Alt Account of Dylan Torngate

Kyan Mackenzie

Quote from: Kinley Garrison on November 25, 2016, 08:43:05 PM

[bridge]
Yes. The ship's at 674.98 on my scanners, though there's a lot of interference going on in the subionic range.

"Scientists!" Kyan thought as he hopped up out of his seat and walked over to the science station a few feet away. The ancient boy stood on his tiptoes to see over the grup's shoulders.

"Sensors say she's holding still at heading 675 mark 10, looks like..... three tousand....three tousand four hundred kilomoters away." Kyan added, reacquiring his footing as the bridge shuddered again from the storm in which the Discovery and her prey were ensconced.

"Gotta givem the whole coordinates there scientist, otherwise they canae do nothing with it aye?"

Kyan pat the new cadet person on the back. "No worries though. We're about to blow them all to the Summerlands thanks to your science stuff!"

Tekin Nevir

(Sorry guys, was supposed to finish this up by Thursday.  Going to finish this now.)

[Bridge]

"Stand by!" Nevir said in reply to the Admiral, as he watched the ship close in on the target zone.  He was mentally counting down the seconds based on their velocity, and took a deep breath as it neared zero.  He glanced to his fellow officers, and then nodded.

"Fire."

The torpedo fired from the tube, aimed right for the ship.  It veered slightly, but the torpedo hit the shields and exploded.  The resulting reaction bounced around the shields of the enemy ship as the cloud itself lit up, before the shields collapsed and the hull was electrified.  Just as suddenly as it happened, the lights of the ship went out as power overloaded and was knocked offline, bringing the ship dead in the water.

As the science officer on the bridge found the third ship, Nevir called for the Disco to come about and move for that third ship.  Instead, however, the ship turned and left the cloud.  Both it and the Wells class went to warp, leaving only the disabled ship in the cloud.

Nevir took a breath, sighing, and turned to his newest Science officer.  "Welcome to the Bridge, Garrison, good work.  Relieve the Ensign for now.  Helm, get us out of the cloud.  Inform DS9 that we have one of the ships disabled in the cloud, and the others have left.  Bajor is safe for now." he said, standing back up.

He turned to the Admiral, nodding to his superior officer.  "I'm betting we have some things to talk about." he said, as the ship headed home.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.