Season 13, Episode 11: What Past Was Wrought

Started by Tekin Nevir, January 06, 2020, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on February 13, 2020, 08:36:13 AM

=/\= "Acknowledged, Commander, stand by to beam out.=/\= came the response from the Bridge, as the ship went to Blue Alert and descended down to tractor beam level, depositing the Eye into Cargo Bay Three before beaming the away team back up, and leaving the planet.  Flanked by the two Romulan warbirds, all three ships hastily went to warp en route to New Romulus.

nearly 6 hours later....

[Bridge - USS Discovery - Captain Tekin Nevir]

All was reasonably quiet.  Their liaison was currently in the Conference room speaking with the Praetor.  The Captain had his senior officers on the Bridge, and as far as they knew, it was just a quiet trip through Romulan space.  Per recommendation, the object in the Cargo Bay was left untouched, guarded by security with a pair of Romulan scientists.  While annoyed that they could not run scans on the device, they had been placated by the idea that they would be able to study the object in peace once they reached New Romulus, and that seemed to satisfy them.  As Ian said; a century of a paranoid society changed slowly, and they couldn't help but feel relief and pride and not needing to share data with the Federation.

The only study currently going on was in the science lab itself, where Ruthie was set up with a couple other science officers to decode the writings and symbols they did find.  On the request from George, Evi had already been invited to help, especially since there were no other Romulans there.  Even as she looked through the symbols, though, Ruthie couldn't shake the feeling that she had already seem them.

After a while, there was a low but slowly growing increase of stress on the hull, and the warp field was showing micro fluctuations.  Nothing alarming, just out of the ordinary.  The first to notice would of course be the Helm and Engineering... with Ops soon to follow.

[Senior Officer's Quarters - USS Discovery]

Ian was enjoying a simple dinner with Jess and discussing their days, which for Jess included revealing the Addams had come with a shoulder injury that the new doctor had repaired. Ian was in the middle of describing the location of the artifact when they felt the ship shudder. As an experienced pilot, Ian could tell the shudder was not normal and gave Jess 'the look' that meant he had to go.

"I understand, your first duty is to the ship. I guess I should be jealous, but I do understand. I'll wait up."

Ian smiled and kissed the top of her head as he pulled his uniform top back on and headed for the bridge. He relied Lieutenant Commander Felder and hit the intercom.

"Mister Ozu, report."

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Ozu Saya on February 13, 2020, 08:50:01 AM

[Bridge]

Once the away team was back aboard the ship, Saya ordered George to get some rest, then she took a brief break herself for a meal with Kyo, one that had seemed strangely familiar as she'd plucked a few fresh herbs from their small wall garden, before returning to the Bridge to man the Engineering station. While she'd like to get a look at the device, it was mostly in the purview of Science and Security, so instead she monitored things from the Bridge... until she felt the change in the ship's motion. This felt ominously familiar.

Before she could say anything, her combadge chimed: =A= Chief, can you come down here? Got some odd fluctuations.

Mr. Hugo, I do believe... didn't I tell you to rest when you returned? Saya said mildly, though her feelings of deja vu were growing.

I did... for a couple of hours. He sounded not the least abashed.

Very well. I will be there momentarily. =A=

She stood and headed for the turbolift. Captain, we may have to slow to impulse to track down the problem, but I will keep you apprised. Saya hesitated before actually stepping into the 'lift. Captain, that feeling of deja vu you mentioned earlier? I have been feeling it most of the day now. Her brow furrowed in concern as she looked at Tekin.

[Deck 1 - Main Bridge - Captain Tekin Nevir]

The Bajoran glanced towards the briefing room doors, and frowned.  Ralik had been there an awfully long time, and it did slightly concern him.  The Captain stood up, and was about to walk towards the room, when he felt that slight tremor too.  Almost immediately, there was a call from engineering and his Chief left, but not before telling him that they may need to slow.  He looked at her as she got ready to step into the turbolift, and frowned.  He was having the same sense... and it bothered him.  "Thanks for telling me Saya... hopefully this is just a feeling." he said, hearing the doors open as he turned back to Addams at the helm.

"Steady as she goes, Mr. Addams.  Let's not do anything that might set that ticking time bomb off.  Be ready to drop out of warp if necessary." he commented, before getting a message from Ops.  It was Starfleet command.  He was going to call for Ian, but he had a feeling... sure enough, Ian was suddenly stepping out onto the Bridge.

"Eerily perfect timing, Commander.  I have to step into my Ready Room.  You, uh, have the Bridge." he said, standing up and walking into his own private room.

It didn't take long to see what the message was about.  He sighed, before tapping his console.  Yup, just as he thought.

=/\= "Ensign- Petty Officer Torra, please report to my Ready Room."  =/\=

Ozu Saya

[Bridge --> Engineering]

Saya nodded her agreement with Tekin's sentiment before heading to engineering, where she went straight for the master systems display. George was already standing there, using a stylus to pinpoint various power relays in the display. He stepped to one side to let the chief get close.

Thought it might be those damn plasma injectors, but so far, they look fine. Power relays also look good. No energy leaks or spikes showing up anywhere.

Power consumption is slightly elevated in the warp core, but it's still within tolerance levels.

Inertial dampeners? Saya asked.

Again, all looks normal.

Saya's lips pursed to the side. Adjust the dampeners to at least smooth out the ride and keep searching for the problem.

You saw that weapon we brought aboard. Could it be responsible for this?

I don't see how. The thing didn't seem to be putting out any kind of energy, but I can go take another look.

Saya nodded. I'll take over here.

George passed over the stylus and picked up his kit. He and Saya stared at each other for a moment before George shook his head and headed out of engineering to the shuttle... No, the weapon had been tractored into the cargo bay. Why had he thought otherwise?

Quote from: Ian Galloway on February 13, 2020, 07:58:08 PM

"Mister Ozu, report."

Nothing. Every system was functioning normally. Saya muttered in frustration before tapping her combadge to respond. =A= Commander, I don't know what to tell you. Other than the effect that we're feeling, there is nothing wrong with the ship's systems. I sent Lt. Hugo to the shuttle bay to check on the Romulan device. See if there's some sort of energy emission that we missed. =A=

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Ozu Saya on February 14, 2020, 09:39:01 AM

[Bridge --> Engineering]

Saya nodded her agreement with Tekin's sentiment before heading to engineering, where she went straight for the master systems display. George was already standing there, using a stylus to pinpoint various power relays in the display. He stepped to one side to let the chief get close.

Thought it might be those damn plasma injectors, but so far, they look fine. Power relays also look good. No energy leaks or spikes showing up anywhere.

Power consumption is slightly elevated in the warp core, but it's still within tolerance levels.

Inertial dampeners? Saya asked.

Again, all looks normal.

Saya's lips pursed to the side. Adjust the dampeners to at least smooth out the ride and keep searching for the problem.

You saw that weapon we brought aboard. Could it be responsible for this?

I don't see how. The thing didn't seem to be putting out any kind of energy, but I can go take another look.

Saya nodded. I'll take over here.

George passed over the stylus and picked up his kit. He and Saya stared at each other for a moment before George shook his head and headed out of engineering to the shuttle... No, the weapon had been tractored into the cargo bay. Why had he thought otherwise?

Nothing. Every system was functioning normally. Saya muttered in frustration before tapping her combadge to respond. =A= Commander, I don't know what to tell you. Other than the effect that we're feeling, there is nothing wrong with the ship's systems. I sent Lt. Hugo to the shuttle bay to check on the Romulan device. See if there's some sort of energy emission that we missed. =A=

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Ian frowned at Saya's comment and replied with some concern in his voice as he knew if what he was about to say was confusing to him, Maker what someone else would think of it.

=/\= "Saya, the device is in cargo bay three, not the shuttlebay. I... wait? It was tractored there, not beamed... this time. I know that doesn't make sense, but the déjà vu is makin' things feel... different." =/\=

Don Damien Addams

[USS Discovery - the six hours ahead timeline]

"Steady as she goes, Mr. Addams.  Let's not do anything that might set that ticking time bomb off.  Be ready to drop out of warp if necessary." he commented, before getting a message from Ops.  It was Starfleet command.  He was going to call for Ian, but he had a feeling... sure enough, Ian was suddenly stepping out onto the Bridge.

There it was again. The same damn feeling when he went to sick bay, the mess hall and here. That dreaming of Leesill was possible not what he thought. Or was it?

The mind had always questioned many things. Judgment of doing the right or wrong. Or doing an action your mind ask was that right or wrong. Then it could go over the top by trying break things down with more questions.

The helmsman was keeping an eyes on his console and knew something would go wrong.

Something was amiss. He had no idea. There was NO WAY THIS CAN HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!

Danjar-Torra Addams

PO2?  Ensign? Danjar-Torra Addams
[USS Discovery - Deck Ten - Sickbay - Surgery >>>> 6 hrs later Captain's Ready Room]

Torra was tired and frustrated with the sensation that she wasn't where she was supposed to be.  It made her less attentive on the medical procedure that she had been invited to watch.

After the procedure was done, Torra went to check in on Donny 2.0.  Despite her and Dr. Juraan's break-through with the Iaba virus cure, Donny 2.0 was still a potential carrier and therefore Torra had been denied moving him to her quarters with Happy as a 'pet'.   But she had managed to convince the Dr. Thane to allow her to keep the rodent in securely in the lab "in case the virus mutates".

Torra kept herself occupied helping out in Sickbay.  Thane had asked the Grazerite to write up a summary report of the medical incident and that took a good portion of her time.  Much like her talking habits, Torra had to pare down her repetitiveness when it came to writing.   He had just double checking the report when her comm badge chirped.

When she acknowledged the call, and heard the Captain call her to his Ready Room, Torra was curious as to what the call was about.   Was this in regards to the unfulfilled promotion that Commander Galloway had referred to earlier?  Oh! that was likely since the Commander hadn't actually given her the pip he's shown her down on the planet.   Torra grinned in anticipation.  She send off her report to Dr. Thane and Dr. Dunngar who  was who was the head doctor at the time of the incident, and made her way to the Captain's Ready Room.

As she stepped out of the turbolift onto the Bridge to head to the Ready room, she spotted Don at the Helm, and smiled.  She missed being able to see him when they were on shift together.  That was the one downside to being in Medical.  She was only needed when others were hurt and as much as she wanted to be useful, she'd rather people - her husband especially - not get injured.

An odd thought occurred to her that that situation would change soon and that she might be back on the bridge more often.  For some odd reason she thought that Lt Cadbury would assign her there... which made no sense at all since Cadbury was the department head for Science not Medical.

She noted that it was the Commander in the center seat, which made sense as she was here to meet with the Captain in his Ready Room.  At the reminder, she turned towards the door

She chimed the door and when permitted entrance, stepped inside, ducking her head to fit through the doorway, before coming to attention within the room standing in front of the Captain's desk.

"Ensign.. I mean Petty Officer Danjar-Addams, reporting as ordered, sir." she softly corrected herself at the rank slip.  A sudden looming feeling washed over her.

She dipped her head apologetically.   "The Commander, kind of hinted at a possible promotion earlier... and now a call from you...  I may have jumped to conclusions.. I hope you forgive the assumption."

Danjar-Torra's Bio - Grazerite female 6'6' (1.98m) - Alt of ShranLahr ch'Verret

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Danjar-Torra on February 14, 2020, 06:05:53 PM

PO2?  Ensign? Danjar-Torra Addams
[USS Discovery - Deck Ten - Sickbay - Surgery >>>> 6 hrs later Captain's Ready Room]

Torra was tired and frustrated with the sensation that she wasn't where she was supposed to be.  It made her less attentive on the medical procedure that she had been invited to watch.

After the procedure was done, Torra went to check in on Donny 2.0.  Despite her and Dr. Juraan's break-through with the Iaba virus cure, Donny 2.0 was still a potential carrier and therefore Torra had been denied moving him to her quarters with Happy as a 'pet'.   But she had managed to convince the Dr. Thane to allow her to keep the rodent in securely in the lab "in case the virus mutates".

Torra kept herself occupied helping out in Sickbay.  Thane had asked the Grazerite to write up a summary report of the medical incident and that took a good portion of her time.  Much like her talking habits, Torra had to pare down her repetitiveness when it came to writing.   He had just double checking the report when her comm badge chirped.

When she acknowledged the call, and heard the Captain call her to his Ready Room, Torra was curious as to what the call was about.   Was this in regards to the unfulfilled promotion that Commander Galloway had referred to earlier?  Oh! that was likely since the Commander hadn't actually given her the pip he's shown her down on the planet.   Torra grinned in anticipation.  She send off her report to Dr. Thane and Dr. Dunngar who  was who was the head doctor at the time of the incident, and made her way to the Captain's Ready Room.

As she stepped out of the turbolift onto the Bridge to head to the Ready room, she spotted Don at the Helm, and smiled.  She missed being able to see him when they were on shift together.  That was the one downside to being in Medical.  She was only needed when others were hurt and as much as she wanted to be useful, she'd rather people - her husband especially - not get injured.

An odd thought occurred to her that that situation would change soon and that she might be back on the bridge more often.  For some odd reason she thought that Lt Cadbury would assign her there... which made no sense at all since Cadbury was the department head for Science not Medical.

She noted that it was the Commander in the center seat, which made sense as she was here to meet with the Captain in his Ready Room.  At the reminder, she turned towards the door

She chimed the door and when permitted entrance, stepped inside, ducking her head to fit through the doorway, before coming to attention within the room standing in front of the Captain's desk.

"Ensign.. I mean Petty Officer Danjar-Addams, reporting as ordered, sir." she softly corrected herself at the rank slip.  A sudden looming feeling washed over her.

She dipped her head apologetically.   "The Commander, kind of hinted at a possible promotion earlier... and now a call from you...  I may have jumped to conclusions.. I hope you forgive the assumption."

[Deck 1 - Captain's Ready Room - Captain Tekin Nevir]

After hearing the chime and announcing her permission to enter, the Captain sat in his chair, watching as the Petty Officer took her place, urged by his own hand gesturing to the seat.  She seemed embarrassed, and he couldn't exactly blame her.

"Unfortunately, the First Officer did end up letting the proverbial cat out of the bag... but yes.  We approved your request for transfer to the commissioned track with the rank of Ensign.  The scores from the officer exam were... exceptional, to say the least." he said, turning a PADD around so that she could see her academic record, and the approval for her new rank.

"We were going to do a proper ceremony once this mission was done, a surprise at it were.  I wanted to wait because I needed to hear back from Starfleet Command in order for it to be a full promotion and not a field promotion.  Its a good thing I did, because Starfleet saw something in your record that needs to be corrected." he stated, tapping his fingers a few times on the table, mostly to shake the feeling of dejavu that was apparently rampant throughout the ship.

"When you first came aboard, you were an Operations crewman. You went to Medical because you had the training and knowledge for it, and we did need the help.  But when I looked at the transfer request, I was surprised to see Science." he said, glancing up at the teal medical uniform she had on.

"Transferring to science from medical is not an uncommon thing, however they are usually under a bio specialization.  But not this one... this transfer said General Science.  Torra... General Science is a first year cadet track, not an experienced officer track."  he said, shaking his head, while leaning back.

"So I tried to look up your academy record.  There is very little in the way of science-based courses.  Just the required general science to graduate the academy on the Non-Commissioned track, which is honestly far less than required for cadets in the commissioned track.  I know we are on a tactical ship, doing tactical missions, but I am still a science officer." he said, crossing his arms.

"When I saw the transfer to science, I was shocked; I expected you to go back to Ops.  But now I am seeing something that concerns me.  Why does it show you choose science and not medical, or operations?"

Ozu Saya

Quote from: Ian Galloway on February 14, 2020, 10:50:18 AM

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Ian frowned at Saya's comment and replied with some concern in his voice as he knew if what he was about to say was confusing to him, Maker what someone else would think of it.

=/\= "Saya, the device is in cargo bay three, not the shuttlebay. I... wait? It was tractored there, not beamed... this time. I know that doesn't make sense, but the déjà vu is makin' things feel... different." =/\=

[Engineering]

=A= Oh, Saya said pausing in confusion. I thought... Yes, it's quite confusing. I don't know how to account for it.

She shook her head, even though she knew the commander couldn't see her. Pushing wisps of hair back from her face, Saya said, We'll keep searching for the problem. And I'd best make sure George is headed to the right place. I'll keep you updated, sir. =A=

Her badge chimed again almost immediately. =A= Uh, Chief, not sure where my head is, but the Romulan weapon thing is in the cargo bay, not the shuttle bay.

Yes, I was just reminded of that. Proceed with caution.

Yes'm, =A= George said faintly.

Vulcan-Bajoran Hybrid; 5'2"
Domen Kyo: Bajoran; 6'6"
George Hugo: Human; 6'6"
Eviess Aihai Annhw: Romulan-Human Hybrid; 5'

Nira Said

Quote from: Ozu Saya on February 15, 2020, 02:09:13 PM

[Engineering]

=A= Oh, Saya said pausing in confusion. I thought... Yes, it's quite confusing. I don't know how to account for it.

She shook her head, even though she knew the commander couldn't see her. Pushing wisps of hair back from her face, Saya said, We'll keep searching for the problem. And I'd best make sure George is headed to the right place. I'll keep you updated, sir. =A=

Her badge chimed again almost immediately. =A= Uh, Chief, not sure where my head is, but the Romulan weapon thing is in the cargo bay, not the shuttle bay.

Yes, I was just reminded of that. Proceed with caution.

Yes'm, =A= George said faintly.

[Lieutenant JG Nira Said | Cargo Bay | Deck Nine | USS Discovery NCC-78393-B]

Nira then looked up from her work and realized...she wasn't in the shuttle bay. She, and thus the security detail she was with, was in the cargo bay.

Why am I getting confused as to the layouts? She thought to herself.

Nira had been growing used to the creakings, but she was sure something was up. The vibrations were growing stronger. This in itself was unusual. And Nira had a feeling it had to do with this artifact tractored aboard. Her suspiciousness was aroused. She was certain the Romulans were up to something.

She was about to tap her comm badge when she realized that she had no one to turn to, let alone anybody who understood the Romulan language, to translate what the Romulans aboard were talking about. She wasn't about to turn to Cadet Falleg-Tekin; she made it clear that it was a matter that required turning to either Commander Galloway and the Captain, and in any case, there were, after all, Romulans with her, and she wasn't about to let the Romulans knew she knew...if they knew about some kind of activation or operation of the artifact. She was still wary of Cardassians, but she didn't know why she kept thinking of Ensign Kell. And she wasn't sure about Evie...she learned her full name was Eviess Aihai Annhwi...as she didn't know her.

Besides, she was virtually alone on the ship anyway; she barely got to know some of the people on the ship.

She began pacing back and forth in front of the sphere, both like a prowling predator and a predator at a zoo itching to eat the herbivores in the exhibit next door. She heard the door open and she looked around, and she saw a familiar face.

"Ah, Mister Hugo," she said. "I suppose you're here about this," she added in a bored and bland tone, jabbing a thumb at the sphere.

Somehow, she realized that she wasn't technically alone. George Hugo...she found his name on personnel records...seemed like he was the investigative type, like her. And she did technically know Torra.

First Officer, Outpost Solaere
Betazoid
"Reading the mind can be like reading a book at times. Sometimes it is a lot more preferable to skim the pages, but one needs to immerse himself or herself totally into it to discover the truth, if necessary."
NPC: Savar

Don Damien Addams

[USS DISCOVERY -Bridge]

Don turned to Ian from the Helm station. "Sir. I am feeling I have been re-living a dream. I had to report that."

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Don Damien Addams on February 15, 2020, 03:26:41 PM

[USS DISCOVERY -Bridge]

Don turned to Ian from the Helm station. "Sir. I am feeling I have been re-living a dream. I had to report that."

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Ian found himself nodding as Addams spoke and it was somewhat of a relief to know he wasn't the only one with the constant feeling of repetition.

"You are nae the only one Mr Addams. I've had the impression that all this has happened before and all this will happen again. It's damned frustratin' ta ken summat isn't right and ta nae be able ta do anything about it or ever be sure it's real."

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Ian Galloway on February 15, 2020, 04:05:43 PM

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Ian found himself nodding as Addams spoke and it was somewhat of a relief to know he wasn't the only one with the constant feeling of repetition.

"You are nae the only one Mr Addams. I've had the impression that all this has happened before and all this will happen again. It's damned frustratin' ta ken summat isn't right and ta nae be able ta do anything about it or ever be sure it's real."

[USS Discovery - Bridge]

Reading on USS Enterprise and USS Voyager Don recalled about a power being name the "Q". He bit his lower lip. "You think it could be a Q? The one who had the USS Enterprise and USS Voyager. You think a Q can be involved?" It could be Romulans but he had decided to think they are not capable to do that with this new item they are carrying for the Romulans.

Ian Galloway

Quote from: Don Damien Addams on February 15, 2020, 05:37:21 PM

[USS Discovery - Bridge]

Reading on USS Enterprise and USS Voyager Don recalled about a power being name the "Q". He bit his lower lip. "You think it could be a Q? The one who had the USS Enterprise and USS Voyager. You think a Q can be involved?" It could be Romulans but he had decided to think they are not capable to do that with this new item they are carrying for the Romulans.

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Ian frowned at the thought of Q being involved and went over everything he knew about the capricious alien parasite.

"I'm no expert on that wanker, but from what I've read, he's big on attention and as we haven't seen him, it doesn't fit his pattern. I think the most frustratin' thing about whatever is happenin', is there's no proof that summat is even happenin'. I'd rather face a Borg cube than havin' this feelin' of continuous déjà vu."

Don Damien Addams

Quote from: Ian Galloway on February 15, 2020, 07:40:30 PM

[Bridge - USS Discovery]

Ian frowned at the thought of Q being involved and went over everything he knew about the capricious alien parasite.

"I'm no expert on that wanker, but from what I've read, he's big on attention and as we haven't seen him, it doesn't fit his pattern. I think the most frustratin' thing about whatever is happenin', is there's no proof that summat is even happenin'. I'd rather face a Borg cube than havin' this feelin' of continuous déjà vu."

[USS Discovery - Bridge]

"Well. Then may I speak off duty," he asked. "To be honest it's nerve whacking. My prejudice to Romulans was getting better. That eye viper artifact thing is making me hate it more. Ever since we got our hands on it something weird is happening. Back on record now. It makes no sense. My dislike seems not accepting  it as purpose." He sighed. "I know. Maybe it is me. I must having a dream since I hurt my shoulder. That is where it started. So this might be a dream...and... " he shook his head. "I am going crazy."

Danjar-Torra Addams

Ensign Danjar-Torra Addams
[USS Discovery - Deck One - Ready Room]

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on February 15, 2020, 02:03:56 PM

[Deck 1 - Captain's Ready Room - Captain Tekin Nevir]

After hearing the chime and announcing her permission to enter, the Captain sat in his chair, watching as the Petty Officer took her place, urged by his own hand gesturing to the seat.  She seemed embarrassed, and he couldn't exactly blame her.

"Unfortunately, the First Officer did end up letting the proverbial cat out of the bag... but yes.  We approved your request for transfer to the commissioned track with the rank of Ensign.  The scores from the officer exam were... exceptional, to say the least." he said, turning a PADD around so that she could see her academic record, and the approval for her new rank.

"We were going to do a proper ceremony once this mission was done, a surprise at it were.  I wanted to wait because I needed to hear back from Starfleet Command in order for it to be a full promotion and not a field promotion.  Its a good thing I did, because Starfleet saw something in your record that needs to be corrected." he stated, tapping his fingers a few times on the table, mostly to shake the feeling of dejavu that was apparently rampant throughout the ship.

"When you first came aboard, you were an Operations crewman. You went to Medical because you had the training and knowledge for it, and we did need the help.  But when I looked at the transfer request, I was surprised to see Science." he said, glancing up at the teal medical uniform she had on.

"Transferring to science from medical is not an uncommon thing, however they are usually under a bio specialization.  But not this one... this transfer said General Science.  Torra... General Science is a first year cadet track, not an experienced officer track."  he said, shaking his head, while leaning back.

"So I tried to look up your academy record.  There is very little in the way of science-based courses.  Just the required general science to graduate the academy on the Non-Commissioned track, which is honestly far less than required for cadets in the commissioned track.  I know we are on a tactical ship, doing tactical missions, but I am still a science officer." he said, crossing his arms.

"When I saw the transfer to science, I was shocked; I expected you to go back to Ops.  But now I am seeing something that concerns me.  Why does it show you choose science and not medical, or operations?"

Ensign Danjar-Torra Addams
[USS Discovery - Deck One - Ready Room]

Torra sat, though with her long legs the chair was not half as comfortable as standing would have been.   She listened attentively, head cocked to the side slightly, as spoke about how well her exam went, then he went over what was in her service file.  Questioning her apparent department choice of Science.

"I don't know sir, I didn't request a transfer of department.   I'm beginning to suspect that there is an administration error linking my name with perhaps another Danjar from my home upsol.  I can't explain it any other way.    I was initially Security on the Challenger sir.  And somehow got transferred to Discovery - in the Medical department.   A few months later, I did request a temporary move to Ops to help out a friend during our time in the Gamma quadrant while I continued with my virus research that I'd begun during our Iaba mission.   When that temporary Ops assignment was up I returned to Medical.  Then thinking I could be more useful as a Nurse or Field medic, I studied the medical field course intensively and challenged the Academy exam .. but haven't requested Science..." she clarified, a slight hesitation in her voice as she suddenly got a vague impression of what Science might be like for her..

Then because she didn't want him to think she was complaining, she quickly added. "I'm more than happy to be assigned to any department, sir.  Well, perhaps not Engineering.  I'm fine at taking things apart but struggle with the re-assembly."  She lowered her head a bit in embarrassment. "I thought I wasn't going to pass to Security because of the phaser rifle dismantle & assembly practicum."

She lifted her head after a moment to meet the Captain's eyes.  "As odd as it might sound, sir I'm actually grateful for the administration mix-up.   My people tend to plod along sedately in our chosen field of practice and live their life never experiencing much more than that day to day routine.  For some that is a beautiful way to live; but it wasn't for me, which is why I chose to enlist.    However, I too do tend to get into a routine - so happenstances like this are good for me.  It broadens my experience.   Unlike most humanoids,  we Grazerites only have about 15 to 20 years before we reach retirement age.  I'd like to fit in as much experience as I can during that time.  So though I hadn't requested Science... I'd welcome the opportunity to at least try my hand at it.  If that is permissible?  Unless I'm needed elsewhere of course."

Danjar-Torra's Bio - Grazerite female 6'6' (1.98m) - Alt of ShranLahr ch'Verret

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.