Season 1 Mission 10 - Lights Out

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, August 01, 2017, 08:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: E'Veece Septimus on August 27, 2017, 10:12:59 AM

USS Gibson, Bridge

=/\="Gibson to Columbus! Mission accomplished!"=/\=

[Ops]

"=/\=Acknowledged, cadet. Good work.=/\=" Adeyemi said. "=/\=Continue to coordinate in sector space. I have just been informed that the USS Blackfish is arriving with relief efforts.=/\="

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 27, 2017, 11:37:25 AM

[Neural Core]

=/\= Knox to Captain. Sir, we are going to do everything we can to support Lt. T'Prina. Though, if things do get a little out of hand, you shall need to end it, Sir. =/\=

[Ops]

"=/\=Acknowledged, lieutenant.=/\=" Adeyemi gestured at Daorn, the Tellarite Operations officer. "Get on it, commander. I want our fall back plan good to go in case they fail."

Jenna McKinson

[ Neural Core ]

Caleb stayed for a while to talk to the Analyn. Jenna knew the ramifications of this and would hear it from Caleb. However, she felt it was needed in the moment. She closed the locked and gave it a kiss before her heard Dan call to her on her combadge.

Quote from: Daniel Howell on August 28, 2017, 09:38:35 AM

Snapping his fingers he opened a channel =/\= Howell to McKinson, please report back to main engineering immediately.=/\=

[ Neural Core ]

Jenna then thought for a moment. Though she did want to help, she felt she was needed. She took a moment to walk out of listening distance. The Analyn was too preoccupied asking the "Prince" questions. She then tapped her combadge. = / \ = "Chief I am right in the Neural Core with T'Prina and the others. If I am beamed out, it may risk suspicion. This is risky enough as it is. The Analyn has manifested herself and we need to handle this delicately. I wish I was in two places at once"= / \ =

[ Main Engineering ]

"She doesn't have to be now that I am here,"Molly said appearing just as Jenna finished talking. She had recovered rather quickly thanks to the wonderful medical staff, had managed to find her way back to engineering. She trudged through the snow and managed to find a proper exosuit to get directly back to Engineering. "Hey there Sherlock,"She began to reply to Jenna while the coms were still open. "You take care of what's needed down there and I'll help Dan up here. Just make sure not to blow us up again ok?"

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Auzual Knox

[Neural Core]

Knox only partially paid attention as the Ensign told Analyn a story about her friend Caleb. She was too busy looking around the white room attempting to figure out which panel to remove to reveal the neural link necessary for the Lieutenant.

Ok, I have heard multiple voices in my head, I cannot judge anyone for thinking they can summon people to just appear to them.

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on August 27, 2017, 04:12:47 PM

It was then Caleb appeared ethereal, but with a smile. "Why hello there little one. I am prince Caleb. Jenna was telling me about the games you and her were playing earlier. I wish I could be there myself, but I am on a very important mission. Now you be good for everyone and play with the rules ok? If you listen to your Aunt T'Prina, I promise I will come and say hello for real and not like this ok,"Caleb said. It was at this point the air in the room shifted. Eyes went wide and Jenna just smiled. She knew the ramifications, but if she stalled just long enough, it would help. Caleb then bowed and disappeared

Knox looked around to the rest of the group to ascertain if she had really witnessed what she had seen with her own two eyes.

What the ...?

"He appeared out of thin air. Just like our Gods. Before we destroyed them."

Ch'pok's strong voice and deep tone rippled through the anxious and confused tension.

Quote from: Naira on August 27, 2017, 11:38:53 PM

Before Naira had a chance to respond, she found herself wearing what looked to be a massive bright pink princess style ball gown covered in lace and tulle and sporting a pair of iridescent butterfly wings and a matching tiara. Naira felt ridiculous in such an outfit and found it difficult to walk in. Then again, when she stepped into the room and saw what everyone else was wearing, she realized that she could have had it so much worse.

"What's going on in here?"

"Nice dress."

Ch'pok noticed Dr. Naira's entrance. Being the General's par'Mach'kai, he showed her the proper respect.

"Thank you for coming, Doctor. Well, Lt. T'Prina shall perform a technological mind-meld with, with our young friend and the Lieutenant's neurological state should be .... monitored .... by the best."

Knox could barely make eye contact with T'Prina as she explained to Dr. Naira. Just imagining the information overload and the mental strength needed to overcome it. She really hoped T'Prina would be successful, but mostly she hoped she would simply get out of this without any severe neurological deficits.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on August 28, 2017, 01:23:13 PM

"=/\=Acknowledged, lieutenant.=/\=" Adeyemi gestured at Daorn, the Tellarite Operations officer. "Get on it, commander. I want our fall back plan good to go in case they fail."

Thank you, Captain.

Knox nodded even though the Captain was not actually present.

Quote from: Daniel Howell on August 28, 2017, 09:38:35 AM

Main Engineering
Howell was frantically trying to figure out a way to safely take analyn offline, but at every point he hit  a wall that could cause serious damage to the analyn programe and other ship systems. Damn, it's an AI, not a bloody EPS transfer relay he thought to himself. He was about to try another avenue when he heard the voice to Knox raise him on comms. He tapped his badge replying =/\= Acknowledged, we'll be ready... =/\=

Good man.

Knox felt relieved knowing that Howell was with them. Not only was he an exceptional engineer but a great Commander. She knew that he would do everything possible to keep the Station's lights on.

Crazy child AI. Check. Sullen complex ballerina Klingon. Check. Self-sacrificing pink-knight Vulcan. Check. Pirate Human that speaks to ghosts(?). Check. Fairy Princess Doctor Orion. Check.

All we need now is Prince Charming and we shall be ready to go.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

T'Prina

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on August 27, 2017, 07:36:11 AM

"=/\=Adeyemi to McKinson, Knox, and T'Prina. Continue talking with...her. T'Prina, link yourself to her. All of you do whatever you can. And God help us if you're wrong.=/\="

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 27, 2017, 11:37:25 AM

[Neural Core]

"A mind meld? With an AI? Are you sure, Lieutenant? Though it would appear that Analyn trusts you, this is unprecedented in all the history of Vulcan!"

Looking over to the Ensign in yellow.

"Are you able to monitor the power in here? If the voltage gets too high it could ..."

Knox knew how much discipline it required for Vulcans, never mind mind melding with another species. Sirzi had visited Vulcan as Ambassador for Trill on many occasions and witnessed a few, though experienced only one, once very briefly. She could not imagine the influx of information. Surely it would be too much for T'Prina's neural network? Knox also knew what was at stake and thus, there was no other option but to support her decision. Though, it was obvious they would need all the help they could get.

=/\= Knox to Jett. Where are you Flyboy? We need you in the Neural Core. NOW. =/\=

Ch'pok walked over to T'Prina and placed his hand on her shoulder. He was at least two feet taller than her, but at that moment, she was taller than he.

"You have a Warrior's heart. Your actions today shall be sung for many generations to come."

"Analyn, are you ready to play a game with Aunt T'Prina?"

"Today is a good day to die."

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on August 27, 2017, 04:12:47 PM

[ Neural Core ]

She quietly listened along what Knox had suggested as well as T'Prina. Her mind was going a million miles per hour, but she knew that if the plan was to work, they'd need time. It was then her mind got a brilliant idea. She then gave T'Prina a hug. "I wish you luck on this. Until we get the supplies, I am going to stall for time. Once you are fully in, I will monitor with Knox. Once we make it outta here I can buy you that drink I promised... Between friends of course,"Jenna whispered.

[Neural Core]

T'Prina shifted rather uncomfortably after the influx of awkward emotional responses subsided. She didn't particularly view her plan as noble, like the Klingon implied, but as a necessity to ensure the survival of the others on the Starbase. To her mind, it was as Ambassador Spock had once said, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. A small part of her had hoped to see Thomas Jett before enacting her plan, but she could afford to wait no longer.

Thankfully, Jenna distracted Analyn and the others with her childish story about princesses and dragons. T'Prina slipped a small pendant of her own out from under the outlandish costume she wore. It was simple with a single hyacinth blossom encased in a crystalline resin. Jewelry crafting wasn't one of her usual hobbies, but she had made this specially in her lab. She kept it hidden, so no one could accuse her of harboring a foolish sentimentality. Of course that was unlikely. Only one other person would understand the meaning behind it anyways.

The holographic prince character Jenna had conjured up caught her attention momentarily. Perhaps her locket had a sort of projector, or she had tapped into the room's system unnoticed. It was an impressive bit of engineering either way, and T'Prina made a mental note to discuss it with the ensign later.

Quote from: Naira on August 27, 2017, 11:38:53 PM

[Outside the Neural Core]

"Ms. Naira will you come play too?" Analyn's voice asked.

"I was asked to come help, Analyn. Is someone injured or in need of help?"

"No, but you can come play wid us! We're playing dress up."

Before Naira had a chance to respond, she found herself wearing what looked to be a massive bright pink princess style ball gown covered in lace and tulle and sporting a pair of iridescent butterfly wings and a matching tiara. Naira felt ridiculous in such an outfit and found it difficult to walk in. Then again, when she stepped into the room and saw what everyone else was wearing, she realized that she could have had it so much worse.

"What's going on in here?"

T'Prina shuffled her gaudy gold and pink shield, decorated with glitter and penguins, from hand to hand before spreading her arms widely. She was well aware the situation appeared to be some sort of carnival sideshow.

"That would be the million latinum strips question, Dr. Naira. Or so to speak. It is fortunate that you have arrived with the necessary gear." She cocked her head to the side, lightening her somewhat sardonic remark before continuing an explanation. "It is as Lieutenant Knox has said but perhaps a more in depth explaining is required for everyone. When Analyn was first brought online, the procedure was somewhat rushed and incomplete, due to the crisis situation with The Collector. Commander O'Connell attempted to merge her personality into the AI via a neural link, but was unsuccessful. I was involved in the process at the time, but afterwards the Commander restricted all access to the Neural Core. Analyn has explained to me, that after repeated attempts to correct what she considered faulty and broken programing, the Commander tried to manually shut down the AI. This resulted in the various systems failures that occurred."

T'Prina took a breath, and linked her arms behind her back, allowing the information to sink in before continuing. She didn't enjoy long soliloquies but this was necessary. "Somehow Commander O'Connell is in a "time out" which I am assuming to be a form of stasis. Analyn has been running without guidance trying to "fix" the problems, resulting in additional trouble. I have recommended to the captain and have his permission, that I may link my mind to Analyn in an attempt to self-correct the personality software. A more disciplined mind seems to be the solution. However, this is not without some risk to myself. That is why your expertise and equipment were requested, Doctor, so you may monitor my cortical activity and prevent any further damage if the data reverberations are more than I can handle." She explained her plan in a simple, clinical tone. In theory, it was clear cut. In practice is where the variables would work together like clockwork, or backfire. She turned to the child AI and squatted down to her eye level.

"Analyn, we will need you to return the Neural Core back to it's original state. This is necessary to save both you and everyone on the Starbase. It may not be as fun as colorful costumes, but I know your true purpose is to be helpful and protect the Starbase. You may not understand it now, but you are very lucky. Not everyone is born knowing what they are meant to do."

The adolescent AI pouted a little but considered her words, before seriously nodding. "If you say so, Auntie Pwina. You won't be mwean to me like Mamaconnell or Captain Grumpyface?"

T'Prina patted her head. "I do not believe it to be in my nature to be unduly cruel, particularly to a child. I will endeavor not to be mean." With that the holographic child vanished, along with the silly costumes as the room returned to its actual state of quietly bleeping computers and humming machines. Slumped in a chair, in a corner of the room was Commander O'Connell, appearing to be sleeping soundly. After removing her bulky EV suit and straightening her uniform, she headed straight to the neural link station located centrally and began applying the cables to her temples.

"Once you are all ready, I will begin the transferral process with Analyn. If all goes well it should not take long to complete." With that, she sat down at the console and began making necessary adjustments in preparation. Her perfect posture and sharp precise movements showed no sign of hesitation.

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Ops]

"Functions in Neural Core returning to normal, captain." A crewman reported.

"Praise Jesus." Adeyemi breathed. He wanted to flop back onto his chair very badly just then, but stopped himself. They weren't out of this yet. "Has sector space--"

The bulkheads around Operations shuttered, causing the room itself to vibrate. Adeyemi felt it first on the soles of his boots, then his knees, and within a moment the entire deck felt as if it was bouncing rapidly.

He shouted something, an order, a curse, but it was lost in a crunch of twisted metal. Cracks splintered in the viewscreen and in the portholes. And a sudden explosion tore through Operations, ripping his voice out from his chest and his boots off the deck with a sudden blast of cold. A cold that went right through him, to the bone.

[Shuttlecraft Susquehanna]

Cadet Alyssa Bryant couldn't believe her eyes. One moment she was helping tractor the Columbus back into orbit and making sure it stayed there, no small feat, but even the shuttle's tractor marginally helping. The next...she frowned, sniffled a little.

"=/\=Cadet Bryant to Commander Tritter, or Commander Naira. ...Operations has just decompressed into space. Sensors indicate stress fractures in the hull.=/\=" The young transgender woman's voice broke. "=/\=Columbus, I see bodies...=/\="

Michael J. Tritter

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on August 29, 2017, 08:24:07 PM

[Ops]

"Functions in Neural Core returning to normal, captain." A crewman reported.

"Praise Jesus." Adeyemi breathed. He wanted to flop back onto his chair very badly just then, but stopped himself. They weren't out of this yet. "Has sector space--"

The bulkheads around Operations shuttered, causing the room itself to vibrate. Adeyemi felt it first on the soles of his boots, then his knees, and within a moment the entire deck felt as if it was bouncing rapidly.

He shouted something, an order, a curse, but it was lost in a crunch of twisted metal. Cracks splintered in the viewscreen and in the portholes. And a sudden explosion tore through Operations, ripping his voice out from his chest and his boots off the deck with a sudden blast of cold. A cold that went right through him, to the bone.

Cadet Alyssa Bryant couldn't believe her eyes. One moment she was helping tractor the Columbus back into orbit and making sure it stayed there, no small feat, but even the shuttle's tractor marginally helping. The next...she frowned, sniffled a little.

"=/\=Cadet Bryant to Commander Tritter, or Commander Naira. ...Operations has just decompressed into space. Sensors indicate stress fractures in the hull.=/\=" The young transgender woman's voice broke. "=/\=Columbus, I see bodies...=/\="

[Location: Aquaponic's bay]

Tritter had just finished loading the trays back into the Aquaponic's system. He than heard his comm badge go off, he heard the woman's voice come across it, they was a certain sense of... stress in their voice. He than tapped his comm badge and than said, "Cadet Bryant, I am on my way, Tritter out" He turned on a heel and exited the area. He than double timed it to Operations, but he stopped on the way to grab a respirator and tank, as he knew there was the likelihood of there being an atmospheric issue in the area.

He made his way towards the Operations area, he tried to key in for the door to open, but it would not open. The large man than proceeded to force the door open, by wedging his fingers into the door, than pulling to either side to force the door open. He than managed to slide in the door, he than immediately noticed that there was no breathable air. He than put the mask over his face, so he could breathe, it was the appearance of a traditional fire fighter mask. He proceeded to begin to comb the area, he noticed the hull fractures, it wasn't enough to suck someone out, but it left them with no breathable air.

He proceeded to comb the area, he was like a blood hound on the trail. He approached one of the bodies, he kneeled down, placing two fingers underneath their right jaw, testing for a pulse, he noticed that they did not have one. He than tapped his comm badge, speaking to Doctor Naira, although his voice would be a bit muffled due to the respirator mask he was wearing, he stated the following, "Doctor, we have one deceased and I see more in Operations. I will begin to document and bag them up" Tritter seemed strangely... comfortable with it.

He proceeded to document the dead, followed by bagging up on the man. He would start to move his way through the Operations area, he noticed another body, he kneeled down to check their pulse. He decided to inform the Captain, he than tapped his comm badge, "Captain, we have causalities in Operations, two so far, but I see more in the area" His heavily accented voice was muffled due to the respirator mask he was wearing. This was a situation that he was oddly comfortable with, as he had been in similar situations in his past.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Naira

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 29, 2017, 07:41:22 PM

[Neural Core]

Ch'pok's strong voice and deep tone rippled through the anxious and confused tension.

"Nice dress."

Ch'pok noticed Dr. Naira's entrance. Being the General's par'Mach'kai, he showed her the proper respect.

"Thank you for coming, Doctor. Well, Lt. T'Prina shall perform a technological mind-meld with, with our young friend and the Lieutenant's neurological state should be .... monitored .... by the best."

Quote from: T'Prina on August 29, 2017, 07:51:20 PM

[Neural Core]

T'Prina shifted rather uncomfortably after the influx of awkward emotional responses subsided. She didn't particularly view her plan as noble, like the Klingon implied, but as a necessity to ensure the survival of the others on the Starbase. To her mind, it was as Ambassador Spock had once said, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. A small part of her had hoped to see Thomas Jett before enacting her plan, but she could afford to wait no longer.

Thankfully, Jenna distracted Analyn and the others with her childish story about princesses and dragons. T'Prina slipped a small pendant of her own out from under the outlandish costume she wore. It was simple with a single hyacinth blossom encased in a crystalline resin. Jewelry crafting wasn't one of her usual hobbies, but she had made this specially in her lab. She kept it hidden, so no one could accuse her of harboring a foolish sentimentality. Of course that was unlikely. Only one other person would understand the meaning behind it anyways.

The holographic prince character Jenna had conjured up caught her attention momentarily. Perhaps her locket had a sort of projector, or she had tapped into the room's system unnoticed. It was an impressive bit of engineering either way, and T'Prina made a mental note to discuss it with the ensign later.

T'Prina shuffled her gaudy gold and pink shield, decorated with glitter and penguins, from hand to hand before spreading her arms widely. She was well aware the situation appeared to be some sort of carnival sideshow.

"That would be the million latinum strips question, Dr. Naira. Or so to speak. It is fortunate that you have arrived with the necessary gear." She cocked her head to the side, lightening her somewhat sardonic remark before continuing an explanation. "It is as Lieutenant Knox has said but perhaps a more in depth explaining is required for everyone. When Analyn was first brought online, the procedure was somewhat rushed and incomplete, due to the crisis situation with The Collector. Commander O'Connell attempted to merge her personality into the AI via a neural link, but was unsuccessful. I was involved in the process at the time, but afterwards the Commander restricted all access to the Neural Core. Analyn has explained to me, that after repeated attempts to correct what she considered faulty and broken programing, the Commander tried to manually shut down the AI. This resulted in the various systems failures that occurred."

T'Prina took a breath, and linked her arms behind her back, allowing the information to sink in before continuing. She didn't enjoy long soliloquies but this was necessary. "Somehow Commander O'Connell is in a "time out" which I am assuming to be a form of stasis. Analyn has been running without guidance trying to "fix" the problems, resulting in additional trouble. I have recommended to the captain and have his permission, that I may link my mind to Analyn in an attempt to self-correct the personality software. A more disciplined mind seems to be the solution. However, this is not without some risk to myself. That is why your expertise and equipment were requested, Doctor, so you may monitor my cortical activity and prevent any further damage if the data reverberations are more than I can handle." She explained her plan in a simple, clinical tone. In theory, it was clear cut. In practice is where the variables would work together like clockwork, or backfire. She turned to the child AI and squatted down to her eye level.

"Analyn, we will need you to return the Neural Core back to it's original state. This is necessary to save both you and everyone on the Starbase. It may not be as fun as colorful costumes, but I know your true purpose is to be helpful and protect the Starbase. You may not understand it now, but you are very lucky. Not everyone is born knowing what they are meant to do."

The adolescent AI pouted a little but considered her words, before seriously nodding. "If you say so, Auntie Pwina. You won't be mwean to me like Mamaconnell or Captain Grumpyface?"

T'Prina patted her head. "I do not believe it to be in my nature to be unduly cruel, particularly to a child. I will endeavor not to be mean." With that the holographic child vanished, along with the silly costumes as the room returned to its actual state of quietly bleeping computers and humming machines. Slumped in a chair, in a corner of the room was Commander O'Connell, appearing to be sleeping soundly. After removing her bulky EV suit and straightening her uniform, she headed straight to the neural link station located centrally and began applying the cables to her temples.

"Once you are all ready, I will begin the transferral process with Analyn. If all goes well it should not take long to complete." With that, she sat down at the console and began making necessary adjustments in preparation. Her perfect posture and sharp precise movements showed no sign of hesitation.

[Neural Core]

Naira listened intently to what both Ensign Knox and Lieutenant T'Prina had to say. She didn't exactly like their plan, but at the moment she didn't have a better one to offer up. Naira wasn't even sure if what they were suggesting was even possible. She assumed it could work, in theory, but she had no idea as to the actual logistics. To her knowledge, Analyn had been designed as an artificial intelligence meant to mimic closely the human consciousness and it seemed possible that the program could connect to the electrical connection and brainwaves, but this was something she would want to discuss with an engineer.

She had no idea just how powerful the Analyn program was or what effect it could have on a Vulcan mind. It was possible that the connection could overwhelm her or even fry her brain; however, the lieutenant seemed intent to go through with it. What more, the captain had already signed off on the plan.

She was relieved when Analyn dropped her hologram program and the room returned to normal. Her work would be easier to do and she wouldn't feel so silly doing it as she would in that frilly mess of a dress.

"Give me a moment to set up and then we can begin."

Before seeing to the lieutenant, Naira made sure to pull out her tricorder and took a reading of the unconscious Commander O'Connell in the corner. While she didn't like the idea of this women having been kept in stasis outside of sickbay and without the oversight of a doctor, the woman appeared to be in good health. Despite the AI's child-like persona, she had the forethought to ensure that the woman was well taken care of.

Then, she scanned the science officer so that she had a normal baseline to gauge further reading on. She hooked up the neurocortical monitor to the Vulcan's temple and took another reading.

She was just about to give the go ahead to begin, when a call came through on her comm badge.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on August 29, 2017, 08:24:07 PM

She cursed under her breath. This was the last thing they needed right now. There was no way that she could make it all the way up to the Operations Center in time and even if she could, she doubted that there was much of anything she could do to help.

She turned her back on the others in the room so that they would be spared the look of despair on her face.

=/\= Commander Naira to Cadet Bryant, there's nothing I can do from the Neural Core to help at the moment. I suggest you contact the K'tomoc, the Gibson and any other ship in the area to help retrieve anyone you can. Coordinate with any medical officers...or anyone with medical knowledge that you have. As of this time our transporters are down and our primary sickbay is unusable. =/\=

Things had gone from bad to worse and she wasn't sure just how much more of this they could all take.

Quote from: Michael J. Tritter on August 29, 2017, 10:05:11 PM

"Doctor, we have one deceased and I see more in Operations. I will begin to document and bag them up" Tritter seemed strangely... comfortable with it.

=/\= Commander Tritter, you're in Operations right now? I just got a report from the Susquehanna that they were seeing bodies outside. How bad is it? I've ordered them to coordinate with the other ships in the area to form a search and retrieve effort. =/\=

She had just turned back to the others, not wanting to look them in the eyes as they surely overhead the report, when a grim thought crossed her mind.

=/\= Commander, the last we heard from the captain, he was in Operations. Is there any sign of him? =/\=

Auzual Knox

[Neural Core]

Knox listened as Lt. T'Prina elegantly explained the process. She also observed the Vulcan even calm Analyn. It was impressive. Though, Knox still could see too many potential life threatening issues to be calmed. She went into organizational mode in order to keep her balance. Though her left arm was in a sling and her uniform torn, she was completely focused.

As the facade of the Neural Core changed, everyone seemed relieved for a moment. Ch'pok's slight smile indicated he was pleased to no longer be a pink ballerina and nodded to Knox, as if to acknowledge her concerns. She had wanted to make fun of his pride, how he placed honor above all, but he could not be faulted for his sense of camaraderie for this eclectic group of species as well as ranks.

As Dr. Naira began initializing her instruments and establishing Lt. Prina's baseline, Knox looked to the engineering Ensign.

"McKinson. Where are with monitoring the Neural Core's energy readings? Are you coordinating with Main Engineering if we need to cut all external power immediately? Is life support programmed to be restored? It is imperative that we know exactly what is happening to the voltage. Too much shall overload .... It would not be good. Ensign, have you got this?"

Knox looked around whilst taking a deep breath. They could do this, they shall do this. Ch'pok stood tall next to her and held her gaze. He was a man of few words, though at that moment, they did not need any to fully understand each other.

Quote from: Naira on August 30, 2017, 02:31:48 AM

She turned her back on the others in the room so that they would be spared the look of despair on her face.

=/\= Commander Naira to Cadet Bryant, there's nothing I can do from the Neural Core to help at the moment. I suggest you contact the K'tomoc, the Gibson and any other ship in the area to help retrieve anyone you can. Coordinate with any medical officers...or anyone with medical knowledge that you have. As of this time our transporters are down and our primary sickbay is unusable. =/\=

Things had gone from bad to worse and she wasn't sure just how much more of this they could all take.

=/\= Commander Tritter, you're in Operations right now? I just got a report from the Susquehanna that they were seeing bodies outside. How bad is it? I've ordered them to coordinate with the other ships in the area to form a search and retrieve effort. =/\=

She had just turned back to the others, not wanting to look them in the eyes as they surely overhead the report, when a grim thought crossed her mind.

=/\= Commander, the last we heard from the captain, he was in Operations. Is there any sign of him? =/\=

Knox froze.

Ops .... ? The Captain ... ?

Ch'pok walked over to Dr. Naira and placed his hand on her shoulder. He showed her his support by sharing his strength. Though they had not got off to a great start in Sickbay, he very much respected her now. He was also aware of how crucial she was to the success of what was to come. Though he did not exactly understand what was about to happen, he assumed that it was the most logical course of action.

"They were not prepared. After we are triumphant, we shall keep the predators away on their journey."

Knox was still in shock. She was in need of earl grey tea, with a shot of Aldebaran whiskey.

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Leanna Mazal

[Puzzles]

"Lea have I ever told you how much I've always liked you" Alex stated as he ran his hand softly through Leanna's raven coloured hair making her smile at his touch. The dinner with the lead singer of her house band had gone well and for the young Betazoid she had enjoyed the company and had forgotten how much fun it could be to actually go on a date if you could call it that without having to worry about your boss withholding your pay or refusing point blank to give you it because you spent too much time with the client.

She hated it when the memories of her time with Arvin and what she used to do came to the surface when she was feeling happy especially since Alex had joined her on the sofa after dinner and she had let him hold her nothing more. Realising she hadn't answered him she turned slightly to look at him.

" No but you have now Alex and as much as I've enjoyed this I can't date an employee " she replied  his almost perfect features were tempting her to break her own rule but knew it would cause nothing but heartache for both of them if they continued.

" I understand Lea but that doesn't mean I can't flirt with you from time to time" he said grinning at her and she believed him as his thoughts confirmed it and for Leanna that was a relief as the last thing she wanted was for him to leave and not be able to talk to her.

" That's very true Alex and as much as I want to stay here, we both need to get back to work " she stated untangling herself from his strong embrace to stand up. He grinned again and got to his feet before going over to open the door. Perhaps she was making a mistake but she had spent so long trying to shield herself that it would take more than a good looking employee to change her mind and for now she would limit herself to flirting.

Thanking him she smiled and led the way out of the office and back into the bar where she left Alex to rejoin the band for the next set and she went over to the dining area to check on her customers.

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Operations]

Tritter had been finishing tagging the second body and placing them in body bag, than closing it up. It was a somber duty that he carried out with the utmost respect for the deceased. He hoped those who had ended up in space due to the hull breach would be afforded the same respect.

He knew he needed to take action to isolate this part of Operations from the hull damaged section, as he noticed the hull tears were starting to cause small objects to make their way to the nearest hull tear. Tritter calmly made his way over to the nearest panel and closed the blast doors for the other section of Ops. He would than hear his comm badge go off.

[Neural Core]

Tritter listened intently to her message, he tapped his comm badge and replied with the following, "Yes Doctor, I am there now. Theres significant hull damage, I had to close the blast doors for part of Operations to prevent further crew members from being lost in space. I have tagged and identified two soo far, neither of whom are the Captain" He took a moment and looked around, doing a quick body count, he than would add the following, "I counted another fifteen with just quickly scanning the area." He was a bit muffled due to the respirator he was wearing, since there was no breathable air in the area since the hull tears and life support issues.

He than tapped his comm badge and stated the following, "Cadet Lachlyn, if you arr available, grab an air pack and meet me in Operations" The Executive Officer's tone was calm and collected despite the goings on, he could use some help and he figured she would be up to the grim but important task ahead.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Malcolm Adeyemi

[NPC Post - Cadet Alyssa Bryant - Shuttlecraft Susquehanna]

"=/\=Aye, ma'am.=/\=" Hands flying over the cockpit's control panel, the cadet disengaged the tractor beam, expertly whipped the shuttle into a hard turn. The tiny memento she always kept on the dashboard of every ship or vehicle she'd ever operated hula'd merrily. It was an old family heirloom, a pointless chunk of old fashioned plastic, but it never failed to bring Alyssa comfort. When her dad had banged around in a civilian air transport back home in Brooklyn he'd had it. So had his father before him, a wet navy cargo captain. The Bryants had always been pilots.

Sensors indicated lifesigns. Alyssa cleared her throat.

"=/\=Computer, beam our cargo to the Columbus, now.=/\="

"=/\=Transporters offline.=/\="

Damnit! Must have been using the tractor beam for so long at max capacity. No time. And she couldn't jettison their cargo directly into space, either. The Susquehanna was hauling rare plant samples that were used to combat Verulian plague. There was only one option left.

"=/\=Computer,=/\=" The young transgender woman said as she stood. "=/\=Bring us into position outside of Operations.=/\="

"=/\=Acknowledged.=/\="

With rapid movements, the young woman pinned up her long, pink hair. It was technically outside of regulations, but old Captain Stafford had never cared. In fact, she thought as she put herself into an environmental suit, her old CO had laughed and brushed his shaved head and said that one day his might be out of regs, too.

"=/\=Computer, airlock. Now.=/\=" Time was running out, she thought, as she stepped into the small chamber, the door closing behind her.

With a gush of compressed air, Alyssa was shot out into space.

[Space]

There was only one body in range. Had too much time elapsed? Alyssa forced the thought out of her mind as she used her suit's jetpack to shoot over to the form adrift in space.

She took whoever it was in her arms. There was no telling; he or she was simply too covered with ice.

"=/\=Computer, open airlock!=/\=" Alyssa rapidly turned, looking for an instant more like she was swimming then floating in space, and burned out her suit's power generator with the speed that she flew back to the shuttle.

The computer anticipated her order and shut the airlock behind her, pumped fresh air into the room. Had the new station AI effected it somehow? Alyssa resolved to find out when things were decidedly calmer.

With the artificial gravity back online, she sagged underneath the form of the person whose life she had saved. Alyssa was slight and willowy, barely five feet tall, weighing less than a 100 pounds. Even before she'd transitioned she had had feminine musculature, she felt. The person she had rescued was over six feet tall and felt like he weighed double what she did. She couldn't bear the weight and collapsed onto the deck.

"Are you alright? Wake up!" The transgender female said, frantically shaking the person by their collar. Alyssa slapped his face, ran a knuckle harshly over the sternum. She began to make out some of the features: a man. Black skin, brown eyes, a shaved head. Red uniform. Four pips.

"Stop that," Captain Malcolm Adeyemi rasped out in his mixture of Nigerian and British English. "And fix your damn hair, cadet. That's not a regulation color."

Daniel Howell

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on August 28, 2017, 01:44:46 PM

= / \ = "Chief I am right in the Neural Core with T'Prina and the others. If I am beamed out, it may risk suspicion. This is risky enough as it is. The Analyn has manifested herself and we need to handle this delicately. I wish I was in two places at once"= / \ =

[ Main Engineering ]

"She doesn't have to be now that I am here,"Molly said appearing just as Jenna finished talking. She had recovered rather quickly thanks to the wonderful medical staff, had managed to find her way back to engineering. She trudged through the snow and managed to find a proper exosuit to get directly back to Engineering. "Hey there Sherlock,"She began to reply to Jenna while the coms were still open. "You take care of what's needed down there and I'll help Dan up here. Just make sure not to blow us up again ok?"

Main Engineering
=/\= Good point, ok, remain as you were, we'll manage here. Good luck.=/\= Howell was just about to close the channel when Molly walked in. It was good to see she had made a quick recovery and was authorised to return to duty, Dan needed all the help he could get. "Good to have you back Molly. We've got work to do." =/\= Just hold on there Jenna, we may experience some vibrations. Howell out. =/\= and with that he closed the channel.

He was just about to give out an order when he heard something from the hull of the base. He looked straight up to the high up deck plates of Engineering. oh shit... he muttered under his breath as he slowly looked back down and at the master display unit. By this point, the sounds had grabbed the attention of other engineers who were looking around in confusion. The Master Display Unit read an over pressure on the hull plating. In all the confusion and stress he had forgot to keep an eye on the hull pressure that had been climbing from the tractor beams holding the base in orbit. Before he could say anything more there was an almighty bang as the deck shook violently. Many of the officers lost their footing and fell to the floor, as did Dan. He held on to a table whilst sparks flew everywhere. All there was, was the sound of fizzing electrics and all that could be seen were bright flashes and sparks flying. Loose parts of the interior structure fell to the deck.

A few seconds later, the shaking stopped. Dan cautiously got up, looking around with only his eyes, not initially moving his head. Once he saw it was clear, he moved around a bit more as other members of crew started to get up. You could hear the muttering of them talking to each other, discussing what it could of been. Operations was lit up red on the master display unit, which in itself was half fried and blackened out. A few taps told him the story. A hull breech. Hoping the emergency force-fields engaged (as he couldn't tell due to damaged systems), he lightly pressed his badge =/\= Howell to operations...=/\= He cautiously awaited any response he hoped he might get.

We have to get up there somehow... he spoke softly, mainly to himself but anyone in close enough proximity to Dan would of heard it.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

Jenna McKinson

[ Neural Core ]

Jenna smirked while the Analyn was looking at her locket. Her plan of distraction was working perfectly. While everyone was listening to Caleb, She was furiously working on her PADD. Thankfully the long walks earlier in the day got her to thinking.

When things returned to normal, Caleb disappeared. Her pirate getup was replaced with her exosuit. Her knife was still attached to her hip. Her bag was still present on her back. She closed the locket and kissed it. She took a deep breath. She began to take everything. The Anayn seemed that much more scary, but awe inspiring to her. She thought back to Alphonse on the Athena in that moment. How his brother Edward tried to tie his consciousness to that suit. No one really knows if it was successful. The AI acted like Alphonse and had the memories, but it was still a scary thought. She thought about Caleb not being there to comfort the two in that moment.

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 30, 2017, 08:48:30 AM

"McKinson. Where are with monitoring the Neural Core's energy readings? Are you coordinating with Main Engineering if we need to cut all external power immediately? Is life support programmed to be restored? It is imperative that we know exactly what is happening to the voltage. Too much shall overload .... It would not be good. Ensign, have you got this?"

"One step ahead of you," Jenna began. "While Caleb was talking to us, I ran the program on my PADD I've been writing since this began. Back when I checked the power coupling that seemed to cause this mess, I seized the opportunity to essentially hack my way in. I've been monitoring subtly this whole time. For all intents and purposes, I've had this since the first snowball was thrown at me. come to think of it this has kind of gotten out of control hasn't it ?"

Quote from: Daniel Howell on August 30, 2017, 06:14:31 PM

Main Engineering
=/\= Good point, ok, remain as you were, we'll manage here. Good luck.=/\= Howell was just about to close the channel when Molly walked in. It was good to see she had made a quick recovery and was authorised to return to duty, Dan needed all the help he could get. "Good to have you back Molly. We've got work to do." =/\= Just hold on there Jenna, we may experience some vibrations. Howell out. =/\= and with that he closed the channel.

Hearing Molly's voice made her smile. she would have to thank the good Doctor later for her help with Molly. However, then wasn't the time for mind wandering. She rolled her neck to get the blood flowing and then turned her attention back to her PADD.

"Alright people let's get this going. I hate to rush things, but we just had a hull breach in operations and I'd personally not want to have more casualties. The quicker we can get this fixed the better in my opinion," Jenna said. When she talked she exhibited the same mannerisms Caleb would show when he would talk to his staff or need to calm down a crowd in a stressful moment.

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Tanner Lachlyn

[Security]

=/\="Cadet Lachlyn, if you arr available, grab an air pack and meet me in Operations"=/\=

Tanner looked at her badge, tapped it and answered, =/\=I'll meet you there.=/\= Closing the channel she headed to supply to gather what was needed .

[Operations]

-A little later-

Tanner entered Ops and looked about, not seeing who she was looking for the Security cadet quietly waited.

Michael J. Tritter

[Neural Core]

[Location: Operations]

Tritter had been focused on tagging a third body when his comm badge went off. He listened carefully to the Doctor. He than replied with "Yes, Doctor, I am, theres a good bit of bodies here, at least fifteen" He said as he started to bag up the body he had just tagged. He than added the following to her comment, "No Doctor, I have not seen the Captain, but if I find him, I will let you know"

Quote from: Tanner Lachlyn on August 31, 2017, 11:09:19 AM

[Security]

=/\="Cadet Lachlyn, if you arr available, grab an air pack and meet me in Operations"=/\=

Tanner looked at her badge, tapped it and answered, =/\=I'll meet you there.=/\= Closing the channel she headed to supply to gather what was needed .

[Operations]

-A little later-

Tanner entered Ops and looked about, not seeing who she was looking for the Security cadet quietly waited.

Tritter had just finished his communication with the Doctor as he heard the doors for Operations open, he was finishing up zipping a body into a bag. He than looked up towards the Cadet and rose to his feet. He focused on the cadet, he took about five steps away from the body as he waited for her to come over to him.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.