Season 1 Mission 10 - Lights Out

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, August 01, 2017, 08:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Aquaponics bay]

Tritter had been focused on a fairly sticky yet... simple task. It had taken the Executive Officer about eight hours of detailed cleaning to remove all the red slime from the Aquaponic's bay, he had enlisted one of the Operations cadet's to lend him a hand. Both of them were covered in water, as well as with random pieces of red slime on their uniforms. With his uniform being red, it at least would largely blend in. He didn't mind the work, it was fairly simple but it wasn't exciting, which was both a good and a bad thing.

He knew the Station would collapse into a panic and the excrement would hit the fan pretty quickly if they ever ran out of food. Thankfully they had a decent bit stored, but they needed the Aquaponics bay to get back in action so that they would not completly run out, which would happen in the next two days or so if they didn't get things at least back up and started. He didn't understand much about plants, but he knew the Science department, or squints as he called them knew plenty about it and that they had backups on hand to put back into the system to grow.

Once he was satisfied with how it looked and how clean it was, he than tapped his comm badge with a soaking wet hand that had some red goo hanging off of it. He than stated the following, "Lieutenant Commander Tritter to Lieutenant Degroat" It would be about two minutes before the Executive Officer would receive a slightly less than pleasant reply of "Degroat here, how may I help you Sir?" He pondered to himself, wondering if they woke up on the wrong side of the bed. But he dismissed it for now, he replied with "Lieutenant, we just have finished cleaning and restoring the Aquaponics bay to a serviceable condition. If you can spare us one of your Officers to facilitate replanting, that would be appreciated" The Lieutenant was once again slow to respond, which Tritter found irritating, but the Science head answered him with, "Acknowledged Sir, I will send someone to you shortly" And that was where it was left. They were on standby until the squint with the plants came to replant the various plants that had been there before the excrement hit the fan.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: T'Prina on August 20, 2017, 08:30:59 PM

[Puzzles]

Once it calmed down some in the bar, a shuffling and a bang could be heard in the ceiling above. A muffled voice called out, "Look out below!"

Several people scattered as a ceiling panel fell to the ground harmlessly, and an attractive Klingon poked her head out, upsidedown, to assess the damage.

Rixxy spotted Leanna and decided to inform her of what she'd been working on. "Hiya, Boss!" I got in just before everything started going haywire. I've been tinkering with the generators up here, and I'm pretty sure I got the inertial stabilizers in working order finally."

She ran a hand through her hair as she surveyed the clean up efforts in the room. "Must have been pretty wild down here. I'd come help with the aftermath but I'm a little stuck, hanging out here as it is." The Klingon bartender/former engineer looked down, well up at her bionic leg.

"In the repair process, one of the bulkheads magnetized, and I haven't been able to reverse the polarity of the neutron flow.  I could detach the leg, but the limited mobility wouldn't be ideal." Rixxy was Klingon enough to be embarrassed by her reliance on an artificial limb, but practical enough to see the necessity.

[Puzzles]

Leanna had soon put Eliana to work as they finished the second clean up and yes it may not look as perfect as it had when they first opened but at least now no one would fall over or be injured by any flying debris. Everyone who had been in the bar since the start and those who joined them when everything started to go wrong continued to make the best of a bad situation and it was good to hear laughter over the sound of the band playing their next song.Black Velvet

It was then that she heard banging from above and didn't want to know what was going on until she heard the familiar voice of her missing bartender followed by the soft crash of a ceiling tile falling to the ground before she popped her head out and spotted Leanna. At that point Leanna shook her head and grinned as she should of known that's where Rixxy would be yet at the same time was glad she was no longer missing and grateful for what she did around the bar especially now that the glasses had stopped floating.

" I should of known that's where you would be but I'm glad to see you and yeah you missed a lot but thank you for sorting out the stabilisers " she replied looking up at her. When she then mentioned that she would be unable to get down due to her bionic leg being magnetised to the bulkhead she was immediately filled with concern and how she could leave but be limited with her mobility Leanna knew how reliant she was on it and there had to be a way for her to help Rixxy.

" Is there anything I can do to help Rixxy as I don't like the idea of you being stuck up there in case anything else happens to the station".

Michael J. Tritter

[Location: Aquaponics bay]

Tritter had been focused on making sure that the Aquaponics bay was back to 100 percent before the squints arrived. He than heard two sets of foot steps making their way towards him. He than greeted the Lieutenant and Ensign after they approached him and greeted him.

Tritter than stated the following, "Thank you you both for coming, the Aquaponics bay should be ready for the seeds to be planted" One of the Science Officers, a Lieutenant chimed up with "Thank you Sir, I will look"

A few moments later, he heard what sounds like a child's giggling, he muttered "Damn it" under his breath. He than heard the following in a sing song voice "Oh bubbles, soo shiny and pretty, floating in the air. Bubbles are soo much fun!" Tritter than noticed these large bubbles that almost matched his own height coming towards them, he advised the Science Officers to take cover. He than moved away from it, so he would not get sucked up in it. The large bubble sucked up the red goo he had been removing gets sucked up into the bubble.

He than stated, "Analyn, what are you doing?" He than heard her giggle once again, she replied with "Making bubbles Mister Twitter! They are my favorite, would you like to make shiny and pretty bubbles with me?"

Tritter sighed a bit and replied with, "No thank you Analyn, just try to not have too much fun" He than heard one more giggle followed by "Aww, you no fun Mister Twitter"

Tritter lacked a good response to  that, so he focused on summoning the Science Officers out from underneath the Aquaponics system as they had decided to hide there. The look on his face clearly showed what he thought of them for hiding underneath it from bubbles. He proceeded to watch them as they started to plant the seeds where they needed to.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Naira

[Between the Cargo Bay and the K'tomoc]

"Mommy, I'm cold." Lurels snuggled up against Naira as she wrapped her little arms around the woman's neck. The little girl did feel cold to the touch, despite the fact that she had been wrapped in a thermal blanket. All the fussing and squirming that she had done must have loosened the blanket allowing heat to escape.

"I'm hungry," Aorua added.

Naniid remained silent as she walked beside the others, but it was clear from the look on her face that she too was feeling the strain of current events. Life had forced her to mature too quickly and Naira knew that she was attempting to make the best of their situation and if nothing else, trying to keep her younger sisters calm, but she was still a child herself and not properly prepared for such responsibilities.

"Don't worry. We're going get you someplace warm and safe, and find you something to eat," she reassured the girls as they walked.

[K'tomoc]

"Match our impulse to the other ships in the area. I don't want us burning out our thrusters trying to pull the station," General Yoduk barked orders at his men. In addition to overseeing this rescue attempt, he had also made it a point to play an active role welcoming the refugees back to his ship and making them feel comfortable.

He had organized for a grand feast to be set up. The bloodwine was flowing and some of the civilians had taken to singing the classics. A few of the warriors joined in, singing off key. A number of children ran around, under his feet, caught up in one of their games, but he wouldn't have had it any other way.

Naira and her children were beamed into the middle of what looked like half a party and half barely organized chaos. But at least it was warm and they were no longer at risk of burning up in the atmosphere of the planet below.

"You came!" The general clasped his hands down on her shoulders and gently squeezed them. "Eat something. Grab some bloodwine."

Naira sat down Lurels and directed the three girls over to the table where all the food had been laid out. While they normally ate whatever nutritional supplements Naira put together for them, the girls had tried a few Klingon dishes since coming to live on the station. While Klingon food was lacking in the leafy green vegetation they needed, at least it was high in protein and lacked the fats and added sugars that the Humans seemed to prefer. Naira loaded up a plate with live octopus, pipius claw and a few zilm'kach and then handed it off to the girls to help themselves.

"Nothing for yourself?" The general chided her as she stood back and watched her girls join the other children. She barely had to the energy to respond with a half-hearted smile. "You're tired. You should rest. You have not slept or eaten in hours."

"Your children will be fine with the others. You can sleep in my quarters." He had a way in which he spoke that made everything he say sound both like an order and a suggestion. While normally she might try to argue that she wasn't tired and didn't need to rest, she just didn't have the energy right now to do it. So she nodded and followed him.

Jenna McKinson

Quote from: T'Prina on August 20, 2017, 08:30:59 PM

"No need to be up in arms, Ensign. I am Lieutenant T'Prina, a Science officer. I merely inquired as to your health, but if you are feeling up to shouting, I suppose the question is answered." She raised an eyebrow, but entered fully into the room.

[ Orbital Stabilizers Room ]

Jenna sighed. She knew her snapping was not the best in that situation. She wanted to kick herself then, but she knew that everyone got at least three chanced before their minds were made up. She then bowed before she said "I do apologize. I let my emotions get the better of me. Until you came I was pretty much a trapped rat. There's very little oxygen out in the hall as you've already seen. I was going to head back to engineering, but my suit doesn't have enough oxygen to get me back and the station I could use to fill up is borked. " As she said this she pointed out her predicament. While she was waiting in the corner, she had out her knife and was carving a piece of wood. The knife looked borderline machete mixed with tactical knife."Normally I'm resourceful enough to think ahead, but to fix that station I'd need a particular tool that's all the way back in engineering. I guess the stress of the day got to me."

Jenna knew immediately that this meant almost nothing to the vulcan who entered the room. However, knowing that T'prina was pretty much the only way for Jenna to get out sooner rather than later, she felt the need to apologize. There had been only one other time she had been trapped with little to no chance of getting out herself. She owed Mitchell a great deal for that. "So what brings you down to these parts?" Jenna asked. "If it's investigating the orbital stablizers, I have those checked out. I was just finishing my report for Dan. What bothers me is that nothing is wrong with them. For all intents and purposes, the base should be in stable orbit. That little drop we had makes no sense to me. Here let me show you my findings." Jenna then hopped up from her chair with her PADD in her hand. She moved it to show T'prina her findings. "The funny thing is, It's like the analyn wanted me here. She sure does know how to make a game of tag exciting. You didn't happen to see a bear in a tutu riding a unicycle did you? Yes I am being serious it was a hologram."

"I always try to be true to who I am and just be myself."

Auzual Knox

[ Jefferies Tube 875, junction 32]

Crawling through jefferies tubes was not exactly pleasant with one left arm in a sling. They had made their way along the narrow tight passageways together in silence. Gravity had just about returned and it was warmer. Knox was leading as Ch'pok followed behind her. His armor making clinking sounds every so often and she could make out the occasional growling sound. A Warrior would probably not want this story to be sung. An hour passed and they were finally approaching life support and environmental controls. They came to a halt instantly as they heard some kind of loud creaking noise.

That does not sound right....

"qaStaH nuq jay'"

All of a sudden Knox had to hold on to the ladder beside the jefferies tube she had been crawling along in order to prevent herself from falling on Ch'pok (again). They knew that they had to hold on. The strain was too much for her right arm as the muscle began to burn. She wished she had taken more pain relief whilst in Puzzles. It took a few moments for her to realize what was actually happening to them.

No, it cannot be.

"The Station is no longer in orbit!"

Knox knew that this could end rather badly, though it took several moments for Ch'pok to realize.

"Today is not a good day to die. It would bring dishonor to my family that I would not take my place in Sto vo kor."

With Ch'pok placing his large hand on Knox's lower back he pushed her up. He groaned as he pulled himself up and continued to make sure she was secure before repeating.

Another loud creaking noise rattled through the jefferies tube. It was like the Station was being pulled in two different directions and the strain could be heard throughout. Knox sighed.

[Environmental Control Suite & Life Support]

The bright light instantly hurt their eyes. The room was white. The black, silver and chrome consoles were gone. A small female human child with long brown hair stood in the middle and smiled at them.

=/\= Knox to Captain. Sir, we have a problem. =/\=

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Malcolm Adeyemi

[Operations]

After all ships were dispatched to help tractor the Station, Adeyemi sat in the commanding officer's chair. Briefly, his mind went to his family, the many sisters he had left behind. Right before he had left for his first posting, he had assured his favorite nephew, Jordyn, that he would return. That was nearly 20 years ago now, but the two had kept in touch. Adeyemi loved all his nieces and nephews, but "Jay" had always been his favorite. He still promised him whenever he received a new assignment that he would return. And he always kept his promises. His hand found the silver Saint Christopher's medal he always war around his neck. A prayer was on his lips.

"Sir," A crewman said, distracting him from his brief respite. "Security on the Promenade is reporting looters."

"Looters?" Adeyemi demanded. If it was one thing he hated, it was a thief.

"They're breaking into the shops and going for the latinum and any so on," The crewman said. "Our officers are still evacuating the civilians."

"=/\=Captain Adeyemi to Tanner, get yourself over to the Promenade. Investigate these looters. I'm sending Venator down to help.=/\="

The captain motioned to the female officer in Operations.

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 22, 2017, 01:00:04 PM

[Environmental Control Suite & Life Support]

The bright light instantly hurt their eyes. The room was white. The black, silver and chrome consoles were gone. A small female human child with long brown hair stood in the middle and smiled at them.

=/\= Knox to Captain. Sir, we have a problem. =/\=

[Operations]

What now? Adeyemi thought.

"=/\=Go ahead, Knox.=/\="

Auzual Knox

[Environmental Controls / Neural Core]

Knox walked slowly around the young child. She was singing to herself, looking to the floor and playing with her hair, not yet making eye contact.

"Knock knock knock, Knox knocked on the door. Come in, come in, come in! said Analyn."

Knox held her hand up to prevent Ch'pok from moving.

"We can play, always and every day and no one shall ever leave or go away!"

It was hard to ascertain what was exactly happening.

Is the power being diverted from essential systems for....?

"Analyn?"

The girl stopped singing and looked directly at Knox and tipped her head with a large smile.

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on August 22, 2017, 02:45:33 PM

[Operations]

=/\= I am currently in the Neural Core and, and playing with Analyn, Sir. She is a very pretty young girl, Sir. Captain, please advise as to which games we should play. But, I think it is past Ch'pok's bedtime, Sir. =/\=

Ch'pok grunted.

"Let's have fun on the Station!"

PAST HOSTS OF THE KNOX SYMBIONT | Sirzi Diplomat (First to Vulcan) | Darzem Trill Private Service (CLASSIFIED) | Jorzon Engineer (Died young in an engineering accident) | Izu Geneticist (Crimes against Trill Law, Symbiont removed, outcast) | Nazar Ambassador for Trill (Loved everything that life had to offer; woman, wine and weddings) | Katharoz StarFleet First Officer of SBC (Died. Investigations ongoing) | The Seventh Unknown Alien species shared host.

Member of the Great House of Ruktah PENDING General Yoduk's approval.

Susan Venator

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on August 22, 2017, 02:45:33 PM

[Operations]

After all ships were dispatched to help tractor the Station, Adeyemi sat in the commanding officer's chair. Briefly, his mind went to his family, the many sisters he had left behind. Right before he had left for his first posting, he had assured his favorite nephew, Jordyn, that he would return. That was nearly 20 years ago now, but the two had kept in touch. Adeyemi loved all his nieces and nephews, but "Jay" had always been his favorite. He still promised him whenever he received a new assignment that he would return. And he always kept his promises. His hand found the silver Saint Christopher's medal he always war around his neck. A prayer was on his lips.

"Sir," A crewman said, distracting him from his brief respite. "Security on the Promenade is reporting looters."

"Looters?" Adeyemi demanded. If it was one thing he hated, it was a thief.

"They're breaking into the shops and going for the latinum and any so on," The crewman said. "Our officers are still evacuating the civilians."

"=/\=Captain Adeyemi to Tanner, get yourself over to the Promenade. Investigate these looters. I'm sending Venator down to help.=/\="

The captain motioned to the female officer in Operations.

[Operations]

Ops

Suzie listened to the report and was somewhat surprised to find out that she had been tasked with assisting. Nonetheless, she nodded.

"Aye Captain." She replied, retrieving a Type 2 phaser and a Type 3 rife from the weapons locker as well as a bag of flexicuffs, kept for times like these.

Once she was suitably armed, she headed to the promenade.

Promenade

Suzie stepped off the turbolift and headed towards the parade of shops on the upper level. She soon came upon the civvies who were taking what was not theirs! Her head began to pound, but she ignored it.

She approached the first shop, one that sold jewellery. She had barely arrived when two men, both bigger than her, came out of the shop. She immediately drew her type 2.

"All right, stop right there. Put whatever you have taken on the floor and put your hands in the air!" She announced.

The taller man, who was easily well over 6 feet tall and with bushy black hair and beard, laughed.

"You don't frighten me girlie!" He growled. "I tell you what, you put down your toy gun and l promise we'll leave you alone!" She added, looking her up and down.

"I don't really care whether I frighten you on not!" Suzie replied, her headache getting worse. "This phaser is set to wide beam and maximum stun. If I shoot, I'll hit you both then I'll just tie you up and leave you t be retrieved by security later. You'll then end up in the brig and I will testify how you threatened a Starfleet Officer with assault." She finished testily.

The first man laughed again and the second one, a smaller man with sandy coloured hair and eyes the colour of dishwater, looked at her with a funny expression.

"What makes you think it's just the two of us?" The smaller man asked, his face impassive.

Suzie was not sure what to make of this. They could be bluffing and trying to detract her. She decided to shoot now and deal with the fallout later. She did not even hear the approach of a third man from behind.

"You can't hit me too!" Came a sinister voice in Suzie's ear.

Suzie reacted almost without thinking. She kicked back with her right foot and made contact with the unseen mans groin, causing him to groan and keel over. At the same time she fired the phaser, hitting both the other men.

She quickly secured the three thieves and moved on. She now took no chances, she would warn any thief once, before opening fire and binding the unconscious person.

She paused after a while, her headache getting worse. If things gt much worse, she would have to take a neural sedative and she hated doing that. She had no time at the moment to meditate and restore her focus.

Species: Betazoid
Bio: Susan Venator Bio Alt of Lizzie Vaughan

E'Veece Septimus

USS Gibson

E'Veece trusted that all crew members that had been tasked with going to the Gibson would have already arrived or would be arriving shortly. This Nova-class was not much bigger than the Defiant-class she'd trained on back at the academy. Well, simulated Defiant-class.

Once inside the ship's bridge, she immediately sat in the Captain's chair and began to read the various displays. The Gibson had been docked this entire time. There was a very real chance it had been infected with the virus too. E'Veece keyed her comm badge to engineering.

=/\="Septimus to engineering! Please respond!"=/\= the Romulan said over the comm in a distinctly authoritative.

T'Prina

Quote from: Jenna McKinson on August 21, 2017, 08:35:58 PM

[ Orbital Stabilizers Room ]

Jenna sighed. She knew her snapping was not the best in that situation. She wanted to kick herself then, but she knew that everyone got at least three chanced before their minds were made up. She then bowed before she said "I do apologize. I let my emotions get the better of me. Until you came I was pretty much a trapped rat. There's very little oxygen out in the hall as you've already seen. I was going to head back to engineering, but my suit doesn't have enough oxygen to get me back and the station I could use to fill up is borked. " As she said this she pointed out her predicament. While she was waiting in the corner, she had out her knife and was carving a piece of wood. The knife looked borderline machete mixed with tactical knife."Normally I'm resourceful enough to think ahead, but to fix that station I'd need a particular tool that's all the way back in engineering. I guess the stress of the day got to me."

Jenna knew immediately that this meant almost nothing to the vulcan who entered the room. However, knowing that T'prina was pretty much the only way for Jenna to get out sooner rather than later, she felt the need to apologize. There had been only one other time she had been trapped with little to no chance of getting out herself. She owed Mitchell a great deal for that. "So what brings you down to these parts?" Jenna asked. "If it's investigating the orbital stablizers, I have those checked out. I was just finishing my report for Dan. What bothers me is that nothing is wrong with them. For all intents and purposes, the base should be in stable orbit. That little drop we had makes no sense to me. Here let me show you my findings." Jenna then hopped up from her chair with her PADD in her hand. She moved it to show T'prina her findings. "The funny thing is, It's like the analyn wanted me here. She sure does know how to make a game of tag exciting. You didn't happen to see a bear in a tutu riding a unicycle did you? Yes I am being serious it was a hologram."

[Orbital Stabilizers Room]

T'Prina stood up fully and straightened her uniform. She wasn't very imposing, her height topped out at around 5'4".

"No need for an apology, Ensign. The situation is fairly stressful, irrational outbursts are to be expected." She spoke quickly, as she analyzed the room. "I am working on a theory that all the problems occurring currently trace back to our... errant AI."

The Vulcan dug in her bag for her PADD to compare her findings with Jenna's. Much of the data seemed to correlate, but there was a distinct pattern of power loss affecting the stabilizers even though they seemed to be in proper functional order.

"I can honestly agree there. I heard of the AI here being peculiar, but never to this magnitude. It took the voice of a little girl and she wanted to play games," Jenna began. "I do not mean figuratively. When the Promenade was covered with snow, she wanted to play red light green light mixed with hot and cold. Granted she did lead me to a group that was in a bit of trouble. A man named Jett was being threatened. By that time the gravity was out of whack so I used it to incapacitate the attacker. The next game she wanted to play was tag. I was being chased by a hologram of a bear in a tutu riding a unicycle. Hence why I asked if you saw as you came from that hallway. Come to think of it she does have a strange taste in music that and the bear had clown makeup on too.

T'Prina had been nodding absently, as she focused on the oxygen generator. Her head snapped up sharply at the mention of a certain civilian. "Jett? He was not injured, was he?" A touch of concern colored her usual practiced bland tone. It had been in the back of her mind to check in with him, but she had denied the worried feeling as illogical. She shook her head and with an almost fierceness pried off the faceplate cover of the damaged machine. The emotions embarrassed her.

"He was not hurt. I did a number on his attacker though. Emasculated him a right bit I did. Though what was odd is that his attacker said not to trust him, but I know his ilk and let me tell you, the pot looked to be calling the kettle black. Just trust me on that," Jenna began she then noticed T'Prina's body language shift though she knew Vulcans were driven by logic, it intrigued her to see the woman actually show some form of emotions. "Call me crazy, but I think you care about him to a degree. Look just know that he was ok when I left him and didn't look harmed when I crossed his path," Jenna said in a reassuring tone.

T'Prina pulled out a fried circuit board and tossed it to the side. She hated to admit it but it relieved her mind to hear Jett was alright. "The man is exasperating. He and I are... Well... complicated would be the best word." With a fine pointed pair of pliers, she worked on re-routing the damaged circuitry by splicing the wires onto an improvised motherboard. The delicate work took her mind away from some of the embarrassment she had experienced. "I thank you for informing me," she added quietly, almost an afterthought.

Jenna raised an eyebrow, but decided this was not the time nor place to pry. Though she was curious about how a Vulcan might be fond of a non Vulcan. Though hearing T'Prina's comments about Jett made her think of Eliana. Maybe she should at least talk with her. "You're welcome. I'm surprised those were fried as bad as they were. Man I guess my scans weren't as deep as I though eh 100 K?" Jenna asked.

"The scans were more superficial, but the circuitry is delicate. Whatever means Analyn used to re-route the power from the stabilizers hit this generator like a bolt of lightning. I think I have managed a temporary stop gap measure. It will not function at full capacity, but it should still be adequate to suit its purpose," T'Prina said.

Jenna nodded listening. "Good. The chief said he was working to get the power up. Wait...will this interfere once we get full power back? Or will it just start to drain again? Do you want me to check the other panels while we are here?" She asked coming to the immediate realization.

"At this point, I believe we are just treating the symptoms of a larger problem. If you take a look at my PADD you will see the diagnostics of the entire station, with each system failure and odd fluctuation notated. Everything is echoing out from the Neural Core. We should head there immediately to ascertain what has gone wrong with Analyn." She replaced the panel cover and the generator kicked into life with a steady hum. "I was there when Analyn was first implemented. Commander O'Connell should be there, the AI was supposed to be imprinted with her personality but there were, complications. I should like to see her notes and find out what she is doing to address the situation."

Jenna nodded listening and looking at T'Prina's PADD. "She's got a personality that's for goddamn sure. She's cute, but vicious kind of like me when I was younger. I once punched a shark in the nose once to reach it a lesson. It was harassing my friend Caleb and me as we were headed to an island to camp for the weekend. I won't bore you with the details. The thing that worries me is how quickly we can get to the core. There's spotty spots of little oxygen and I've got barely enough to make it half there," Jenna said.

"I've got 5 hours of oxygen in my EV suit tank. I can transfer half to yours. That should more than suffice, the Neural Core is in the deck right below us." T'Prina tapped on the green light indicating a full tank. "In a worst case scenario, I can give you more, I can lower my heart rate and breathing to survive longer with less oxygen." All this was stated in a flat matter-of-fact voice.

"Thank you. Once we get this all straightened out I'll not only make sure to fix that fill station, but I'll buy you a beverage of your choice. Alcoholic or non. It's the least I can do,"Jenna said with a smile. She found the conversation with T'Prina less irritating than she thought it would. Most vulcans she encountered were drier than a desert. Though T'Prina thought logically, she did have something about her. If Jenna were stuck with her, it'd be tolerable until she got to know her. That and Jenna would love to ask endless science questions and in turn she would answer her Engineering questions if any. Though to be fair there was a fair bit of overlap.

Quote from: Leanna Mazal on August 21, 2017, 09:11:35 AM

[Puzzles]

" I should of known that's where you would be but I'm glad to see you and yeah you missed a lot but thank you for sorting out the stabilisers " she replied looking up at her. When she then mentioned that she would be unable to get down due to her bionic leg being magnetised to the bulkhead she was immediately filled with concern and how she could leave but be limited with her mobility Leanna knew how reliant she was on it and there had to be a way for her to help Rixxy.

" Is there anything I can do to help Rixxy as I don't like the idea of you being stuck up there in case anything else happens to the station".

[Puzzles]

Rixxy flushed, although it was not apparent if it was from embarrassment or hanging upside down. "Honestly boss, I'm fine either way. But just get me a chair and I'll take up real estate behind the bar. Don't want you to be worried about me. The leg can be fetched later."

With the graceful moves of a practiced gymnast, the Klingon swung down from the ceiling in a swirl of skirts. She landed, more or less seated on a bar stool and hooked a booted ankle around the base to keep her balance. With a nonchalant flip of her hair, she spread her arms and pronounced, "Ta-da!"

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Naira

[Secondary Sickbay]

Dr Lunn had been in the middle of treating a minor flesh wound on an elderly woman who had slipped and fallen in the snow, when his ever-present headache grew in intensity. What had started out as a minor throbbing pain at the back of his mind was becoming so strong that he found himself unable to push past it. He lost his grip on the dermal regenerator he was holding as he had to steady himself on the side of the biobed. He felt as if his head wanted to explode.

One of the nurses, alarmed by his demeanor, rushed over to his side.

"Doctor...Kece," She gently touched him on the shoulder as she spoke to him. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

He took a slow deep breath and tried to stand up straight, but felt his knees buckle beneath him. The strain of trying to filter out all the emotions of all the scared individuals around him was starting to get to him. "I'll be fine, thank you." He dismissed the nurse and tried to return to work, but middle-aged half Betazoid man wasn't sure how much more of this he could take.   

Leanna Mazal

Quote from: T'Prina on August 22, 2017, 11:50:06 PM

[Puzzles]

Rixxy flushed, although it was not apparent if it was from embarrassment or hanging upside down. "Honestly boss, I'm fine either way. But just get me a chair and I'll take up real estate behind the bar. Don't want you to be worried about me. The leg can be fetched later."

With the graceful moves of a practiced gymnast, the Klingon swung down from the ceiling in a swirl of skirts. She landed, more or less seated on a bar stool and hooked a booted ankle around the base to keep her balance. With a nonchalant flip of her hair, she spread her arms and pronounced, "Ta-da!"

[Puzzles]

Leanna had to admit that Rixxy knew how to take care of herself but still at the same time it was only natural for her to worry about her staff as she felt close to each and every one of them regardless how long they had served with her. " Okay I can do that and you know me if I don't worry then there's something wrong " she replied with a grin before going to fetch a chair for Rixxy to sit on but stopped half way as she watched her descent from up above.

The Klingon always had a way of making her smile but Leanna was happy that she had gotten down without any problems. With a shake of her head at the dramatic entrance she grabbed a chair and set it behind the bar and looked over at her employee " You always know how to make a good entrance " she said " Before you start work is there anything else I can get you?" she asked as bubbles began to float into the bar. Now she had seen everything but again wouldn't let it close her down besides they were pretty to look at and harmless.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Katharoz Knox on August 22, 2017, 04:06:27 PM

[Environmental Controls / Neural Core]

Knox walked slowly around the young child. She was singing to herself, looking to the floor and playing with her hair, not yet making eye contact.

"Knock knock knock, Knox knocked on the door. Come in, come in, come in! said Analyn."

Knox held her hand up to prevent Ch'pok from moving.

"We can play, always and every day and no one shall ever leave or go away!"

It was hard to ascertain what was exactly happening.

Is the power being diverted from essential systems for....?

"Analyn?"

The girl stopped singing and looked directly at Knox and tipped her head with a large smile.

=/\= I am currently in the Neural Core and, and playing with Analyn, Sir. She is a very pretty young girl, Sir. Captain, please advise as to which games we should play. But, I think it is past Ch'pok's bedtime, Sir. =/\=

Ch'pok grunted.

"Let's have fun on the Station!"

[Operations]

Adeyemi's security instincts took over. He looked over at the communications officer, Hebert, and made a slashing gesture over his throat. The comms were severed.

"Lieutenant, can we find a way to isolate Analyn and talk without her listening?" The captain asked.

"The AI is pervasive throughout the Station," Hebert said in his French accent. "But she should be distracted now. Her attention span is like a toddler's and she's got guests to play with."

It wasn't the answer he wanted, but Adeyemi didn't see how that could be helped. He addressed Ops at large.

"Does anyone have any experience with children?"

No one answered. Adeyemi could see why. The majority of them were young, lieutenants or less, and the few older officers were like him, career Starfleet officers with little time for families. Though he had more nieces and nephews than he could count, Adeyemi had spent the majority of his life in space, away from all of them. Sighing, he gestured at Hebert.

"=/\=We're trying to locate someone, ensign. You'll have to do your best on your own for now. Whatever she is doing, try to get her to stop. Adeyemi out.=/\=" The captain tapped his commbadge and again gestured for the communications officer to sever any connections.

"No way to be sure she's not listening?" Adeyemi asked.

"None, sir," Hebert replied. "May I ask why?"

"=/\=Adeyemi to Howell.=/\=" The captain said, ignoring the question. "=/\=Find a way to disconnect the Analyn system. If you can't disconnect it temporarily I want it destroyed. Kill her.=/\="

Daniel Howell

Quote from: E'Veece Septimus on August 22, 2017, 08:38:40 PM

=/\="Septimus to engineering! Please respond!"=/\= the Romulan said over the comm in a distinctly authoritative.

Engineering
As busy as it had been in Engineering, he had a feeling things were starting to slow down, or at least they were until the voice of Septimus came over comms. Dan tapped his badge in reply =/\= Go ahead...=/\=

Quote from: Malcolm Adeyemi on August 23, 2017, 07:51:16 AM

"=/\=Adeyemi to Howell.=/\=" The captain said, ignoring the question. "=/\=Find a way to disconnect the Analyn system. If you can't disconnect it temporarily I want it destroyed. Kill her.=/\="

Whilst he awaited the reply from Septimus, the Captain contacted him. His request came somewhat of a surprise to Howell. Dan knew the Captain had worked hard on analyn and Dan did not want to 'kill' her. =/\= Standby Captain, I'll try and isolate her program =/\= and with that he set to work.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known - Carl Sagan

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.