Author Topic: I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)  (Read 51169 times)

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: I See, I See (Judy/Stryker)
« Reply #420 on: February 22, 2019, 09:45:06 am »
[Judy & Max's Quarters]

"Put me there, then," Judy requested. "Explain to me, what happened that led you to think there's a power play here?"

Judy's incredulity remained, but she managed to force herself to a more neutral tone.
Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Offline stryker aune

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Hard work and persistence pays.
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #421 on: February 22, 2019, 11:30:47 am »
Sven's quarters

"We just had a meeting with the command staff. She left early and went down to engineering. Finally we were dismissed, and I head down to pick up a tool kit. Walking in, her goon had two members of the engineering team by the collars, and she was standing there scolding them. As if security can't do their job as well.

He made a sour face.

Human male | Combat Engineer | 6'3" | 353 lbs | Profile | Character images

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #422 on: February 22, 2019, 11:33:04 am »
[Judy & Max's Quarters]

Judy shook her head. It sounded like everyone involved had screwed up on some level.

"First of all, let's not use loaded words like 'goon'. It's not constructive," she instructed. "Secondly, let's consider why she might've felt a need to do that. What did those two engineers do?"

Offline stryker aune

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to Players who have been with the Fleet for one year. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #423 on: February 22, 2019, 11:35:22 am »
Sven's quarters

"Does it matter? She was roughing them up."

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: February 22, 2019, 11:39:14 am »
[Judy & Max's Quarters]

"And you haven't?" Judy asked.

Three words, that was all she felt she needed to really make Sven think. He'd done similar things to what Hugo had allegedly done, hand't he?

At the same time, she heard footsteps moving down the hall. Glancing at her watch, the older woman realized that their session was almost done, and her "trophy husband" (he was 8 years her senior, but she insisted on calling him that) seemed to want to subtly remind her of that.

Offline stryker aune

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #425 on: February 22, 2019, 11:42:06 am »
Sven's quarters

"That's my point exactly. I got tossed into the brig for doing that crap. So should she, and her goon- I mean George." he paused.

"Look, all I'm saying is that she seems nice, but her actions are showing something completely different. I don't have to like her or George.

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: February 22, 2019, 11:45:40 am »
[Judy & Max's Quarters]

"You're still walking around with preconceived notions," Judy admonished. "You have to think about what those engineers might have done that prompted him to do that. You of all people should know that these things don't just happen on their own."

Judy wasn't having it. She was going to make Sven try to understand where those around him were coming from, or she was going to relieve him of duty. Either way, she was going to need some love from her husband after this stressful session.

Offline stryker aune

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: February 22, 2019, 11:47:56 am »
Sven's quarters

He took a deep breath.

"Okay, you make a good point. Suppose there was a full on fistfight going on. Waiting for security might not have been conducive. Maybe that's why George scruffed them?"

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: February 22, 2019, 11:50:57 am »
[[Judy & Max's Quarters]

"Security doesn't always come right away. You know that as well as I do," Judy reminded Sven. "So, suppose these two were punching each other, or fucking with the warp core in some dangerous way, it would make sense to break them up as quickly as possible. Not only that, but it'd also be many people's first instinct. That doesn't make it a power play."

Offline stryker aune

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: February 22, 2019, 11:53:13 am »
Sven's quarters

Sven conceded. Judy made a successful argument and it caused him to reevaluate his preconceived notions. He wasn't going to pull the stubborn card out either.

"You're right."

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #430 on: February 22, 2019, 12:00:08 pm »
[Judy & Max's Quarters]

"People's actions make a lot more sense when you consider why they're acting as they are, instead of making a snap judgement," Judy summarized. "Especially so with people you'd benefit from having a good relation with - snap judgements there will only hurt you."

Judy set down her glasses.
"Consider, for example, the smell of garlic currently drifting in here from the kitchen. I could conclude that Max is messing with me, or I could think about why he's doing that."

There was a subtle message here for Sven as well.

Offline stryker aune

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #431 on: February 22, 2019, 12:01:34 pm »
Sven's quarters

"You're a vampire or something." he said with a slight smile.

"Sounds like dinner is ready."

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #432 on: February 22, 2019, 12:13:11 pm »
[Judy & Max's Quarters]

"More like a late evening snack," Judy answered, smiling. "Max! How do you think that makes me feel?"
"I just want my wife!" Max cried back from the kitchen.
"Come and say hello!" the shrink ordered, which prompted the silver-haired chef to do just that, an apron tied over his pajamas.

"Max, Sven; Sven, Max," Judy introduced.
"Lovely to meet you," Max replied, prominently displaying his distinguished British accent.
"Not worried about yet another young, male patient?"

Offline stryker aune

• Approved Applicants
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #433 on: February 22, 2019, 12:17:48 pm »
Judy's quarters

Sven was not ready for that.

"Uh. Hi. Dr. Eastman has told me how much of a legendary chef you are." he said most uncomfortably.

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: February 22, 2019, 12:25:21 pm »
[Judy & Max's Quarters]

Max could tell that his beloved wife had successfully made things awkward for her patient, which made him blush a little.

"She tends to brag about me too often," he answered, sending a not-so-subtle message to the missus.

"I do," Judy acknowledged, picking up the message. "Sven, if you have another party over our scheduled meeting, feel free to reschedule on me. I'll just extend my lunch break and spend it bothering this hottie at work."

The older woman rose, signaling that Sven's weekly torture was just about done.
She was also eager to enjoy the evening.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles