Author Topic: Hello, Hello (Not Really Open Anymore)  (Read 65363 times)

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hello, Hello (Open)
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2018, 01:30:13 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

"Let's go with both," Judy answered. "It's always fun to go for a little indulgence now and again."
Judy opened the pantry she kept stocked to get some adorable mini-marshmallows, which she arranged in a ring along the rim of each mug. Then, from her fridge, she got a can of whipped cream and made a majestic swirl of it atop their drinks. Finally ready, she carried the mugs one by one to the counter and set them down. Lea got the cookie monster mug, as it happened to be the one Judy grabbed first, and was also just a tiny bit bigger.

Just as Judy put down the second mug, the oven timer went off. Her cookies were ready!
"I'm in the habit of going a little overboard with the chocolate chips. My sons like it that way," Judy said, in a sort of sorry-not-sorry tone. "I hope that's OK."
After Judy put on her oven mitts and took out the tray of cookies, it was quite clear what she meant. The cookies were mostly covered by a mixture of dark, milk, and white chocolate chips.
Judy moved the cookies one by one onto a large serving plate, and set that down on the counter in between the two mugs. At last, she joined Lea at the counter, bringing two long bendy straws with her.

"Is Ari as much of a sugar fiend as my boys?" she asked Lea. Judy always liked to hear more about her friends' children, because she felt it deepened her own bond with the friends in question.
Academy Civilian Instructor

"I promised, but I never promised to keep the promise" - Levi Eshkol

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2018, 02:00:59 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

" Sounds good to me and definitely " Lea replied when Judy decided to go with both toppings and how it was fun to enjoy a little indulgence now and again. That was something Lea often believed in and it had never hurt her yet especially when it came to hot chocolate, an Earth treat she had only discovered when she had set up the bar on her first Starbase with he who must not be named.

Watching as Judy added the marshmallows and cream before bringing the mugs over to the counter and smiled when she saw the cookie monster one.

" Thank you" she said as she put down the mug before the timer went off to let her know about the cookies.

When Judy spoke about going overboard with the chocolate chips and how her sons liked it that way, Lea understood exactly what she meant. " Nothing wrong with that at all Judy especially when it comes to chocolate" Lea said as Judy then took the cookies out.

They looked and smelled divine and her stomach grumbled in appreciation as Judy then set them down and joined her. Accepting the long bendy straw from her as she then asked about Ari and if she was a sugar fiend.

" Oh most definitely, she takes after me when it comes to anything sweet " Lea admitted " Her favourite thing is cookies with a glass of strawberry milk".

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
  • Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded in January and July to the player with the most humorous posts. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2018, 02:16:34 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

"At her age, that's how she should be," Judy remarked. "Does she know strawberry milk doesn't come from pink cows yet?"
Judy laughed. She'd known adults who didn't know where their food comes from, and who genuinely believed things like that. Her sons, naturally, were taught better at an earlier age.

Judy helped herself to a cookie. It was soft and chewy, just the way she liked them. The chocolate chips gave just the right infusion of sweet, chocolatey flavor (that is to say, a heck of a lot of it). After a bite of cookie, Judy took a long sip of hot chocolate.
"Even for us grown-ups, sometimes it feels good to let our inner child take over and enjoy their favorite treats," she mused.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2018, 02:23:37 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

Lea smiled at Judy's remark and it was exactly how she herself had thought whilst raising her daughter and had never denied her anything. " I completely agree and she does " she replied especially in regards to the pink cows and Ari knowing where her milk comes from.

The Betazoid also agreed with what Judy said next about letting your inner child take over and enjoy their favourite treats. " Oh most definitely and mine is always there ready to do so especially with living on the station and having The White Rose and Puzzles" she said as she took one of the cookies.

Taking a bite, she sighed in happiness and savoured each bite.

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2018, 02:47:34 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

"Oh, yeah. It's definitely easy to indulge out here," Judy responded. "I think I got the funnest posting in all of Starfleet."

Judy had a feeling that she could be very happy here, even if she didn't get any more promotions for the next 20 years. If the actual work was even just tolerable, the people were enough to make life on Columbus a real joy.

"There's only one problem I can think of," she added, still with a broad smile. "Back in Manhattan, I used to jog to my favorite pizzeria or deli, which were about 12 blocks away, to burn some of the calories. Now, Puzzles is too close, and the food is even more tempting."
It was clear from Judy's tone that this wasn't actually a problem at all. In fact, she was happy to have a good food source, owned by a good friend, so easy to reach whenever she didn't want to cook.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2018, 03:15:14 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

Having finished her cookie and now taking a sip of the hot chocolate, Lea listened as Judy agreed with how easy it was to indulge out here and smiled when she said that she had got the funnest posting in all .of Starfleet.

" I couldn't agree more being here is a lot of fun and I'm glad that I moved here" Lea admitted as Judy then continued.

Knowing exactly what she meant and that it wasn't a problem at all in fact it was something else that they shared and the convenience of having delicious food close at hand.

" Ah yes I know what you mean and in all honesty I hardly cook in my quarters with having the bar so close and people like Seamus making sure that I eat ".

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2018, 04:10:05 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

"I could never not cook. I love cooking; it's a joy," Judy replied. "Cooking got me through my divorce, and all sorts of other difficult times in my life. It puts me in this mental happy place, if you know what I mean. Music actually does the same."

That actually made another thought float up to Judy's head. As she sipped at her hot chocolate, she thought of it briefly, before deciding to float the idea.
"Speaking of music, what do you say I play you a little guitar?" she suggested.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2018, 04:31:27 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

Lea listened and appreciated what Judy was saying as she explained how cooking for her was a joy and how it had gotten her through her divorce and other difficult times in her life. She also understood why it put her in her happy place along with music.

" I understand that completely and I get the same feeling out of singing and running the bar" she replied before Judy then suggested playing her guitar.

" I would love to hear you play".

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2018, 05:01:45 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

"Let me just unpack one of my many guitars," Judy excused herself as she got up to do just that. Even choosing one acoustic guitar of her collection wasn't an easy decision to make, considering the sheer number she'd collected over the past half-century.

She looked at the guitar cases until she finally found the one she wanted: a nice Fender guitar she'd had with her for about 40 years. Not just that model, but this same guitar. It needed some repairs over that time, but it was still the same guitar, and Judy had an emotional connection to it.

Judy sat down cross-legged at the foot of Lea's chair, placed the instrument in her own lap, and introduced it.
"This was my very first guitar, way back in, I think it was '56, before you were born," Judy recalled. It made her just a touch nostalgic, but not in a sad way.

She then performed a love song from the 20th century that she was rather fond of. She started off keeping to a mostly faithful cover, but on the last chorus, as a joke, she sang "Lea" instead of "Layla".

"So, what do you think?" she asked after finishing the song.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2018, 10:31:38 am »
[Judy's Quarters]

" Okay" Lea replied politely, wrapping her hands around the warm mug as Judy went to unpack one of her guitars and definitely had to introduce her to Alex at some point especially with Judy having an extensive collection. Taking a moment to drink some more of the delicious hot chocolate and eat another cookie before Judy returned and sat down at the foot of her chair.

Smiling as Judy introduced the guitar, understanding the nostalgia and connection that her friend had to it before she began to sing. Half closing her eyes as she listened to Judy play and sing, becoming almost lost in the song as she often did and even loved how she jokingly changed the lyrics on the last chorus.

After she finished and asked what she thought, Lea smiled as she spoke.

" I loved it Judy " she admitted truthfully.

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2018, 12:54:15 pm »
[Judy's Quarters]

"Thank you," Judy replied. This one statement from her audience of one meant as much to her as rapturous applause from a crowd would. "I'm glad you enjoyed it."

Judy put the guitar away neatly and got back to her hot chocolate. It was still nice and warm, and still delicious. Another success in one of the many fields she enjoyed. She did think of herself as a very capable host, and so far she seemed to be succeeding at keeping her guest comfortable.
"So, what do we want to do next? Perhaps play a game? Or curl up with the dogs in front of the TV?" Judy asked, thinking of some fun, cozy things they could do with all these cookies in their stomachs.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2018, 03:03:32 am »
[Judy's Quarters]

Lea smiled as Judy thanked her and told her that she was glad that she enjoyed it. " Anytime Judy and I certainly did, I love people playing the guitar like that and I definitely have to introduce you properly to Alex" she replied.

When she then asked what they wanted to do next and gave a couple of options, Lea was happy to do either one but then the idea of curling up with the dogs won out over the other.

" As tempting as it is to play a game, I think curling up with the dogs in front of the TV has to be the winner for me".

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2018, 09:44:48 am »
[Judy's Quarters]

"To my room, then," Judy announced as she downed the rest of her hot chocolate. Then, she led the way down the hall and to her room.

While most of the furniture was still packed, Judy's room was ready. There was a large bed, big enough for two or even three people (she liked a lot of space, and so did the corgis), an antique desk with a collection of pictures, some beanbags, bookshelves upon bookshelves, and a massive TV best viewed from either the beanbags or the bed.

Judy went for the bed, going on the left side as she usually did. She took off her housecoat and slipped under the sheets for maximum cozy.
"You can have the right side, if you'd like," she told Lea. Unlike many of her fellow Americans, Judy wasn't overly puritan about these things, and could split a large bed with another woman without making it weird.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2018, 10:02:31 am »
[Judy's Quarters]

Lea smiled at Judy's announcement before she too finished her hot chocolate and followed Judy down the hall and into her bedroom. Taking a moment to look around and loved the way it had been set up. It made her think of making some changes to her own apartment as she had been wanting bookshelves for a while and was soon imagining where she would put them.

As Judy went for the bed and took off her housecoat before slipping under the sheets, Lea took off her slippers as she was offered the right side and loved how sharing a bed didn't bother Judy. She was of the same thought that it didn't have to be weird as she spoke.

" Thanks Judy" she said and soon joined her in bed, taking the right side as offered.

Offline Judith Eastman

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Loyal Member
  • Literally Heartless
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2018, 10:38:29 am »
[Judy's Quarters]

"Plenty of space in here," Judy remarked as Lea joined her. It seemed that the two were of the same mind about this matter.
The corgis interpreted this as an invitation for them to join in. Bridge went for Lea's face, while Tunnel went after Judy's stomach, each seeking more attention and cuddles.

"You're in their side of the bed, but they're good at sharing," Judy explained. "Aren't you? Oh, aren't you?" she added as she scratched behind her corgi's ear.

Judy rolled a little to one side to put on her reading glasses and get the TV remote. She flipped it on, and then turned to look at Lea over the lenses.
"Well, what shall we watch, now that we're nice and cozy?" she asked.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles