Author Topic: Family Time (Fells & Lea)  (Read 12112 times)

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Family Time (Fells & Lea)
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2020, 01:59:45 pm »
[Apartment]

The way he looked at her, well it confirmed to her, that he knew just as much as she did, that she had given in to him again, before he spoke so sincerely. " I do trust you and I know you do, so don't worry about it, its sorted now".

Whether that changed or not, she didn't know but the matter was settled and she could just sit and relax, without any more tension.

At the mention of her picking out furniture for Aven's room and what he needed apart from a bed, Lea sat down, with a fruit danish as she then answered him.

" I've started looking, Pieter is making the crib for us and apart from that, we'll need a changing station, a dresser for his clothes and a few other things, I thought we could have a look on the Promenade for those and once I'm further along, we can also pick out a stroller".

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2020, 04:50:29 pm »
[apartment]
He watched her sit down with a Danish and wondered whether she needed to watch her nutrition. Then again Lea was a pro, nutrition and baby wise, so Fells didn't say anything.

When she said that Pieter was making a crib he smiled. "Noone has handmade things anymore. That's very cool."
The different things they might be needing were a little overwhelming. Of course Fells had seen various advertisings for childrens items but he had never paid any attention to them now.
"Half of the things they are offering noone ever needs. It's crazy what you can spend on a newborn. Good thing I got a raise."

He got up to get a drink as well but before he reached the kitchen, which came fully furnished with a replicator and large fridge, he added. "Can you make a list of the absolute necessities?"

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 2 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2020, 05:19:39 pm »
[Apartment]

" It is very cool and I know what you mean, so when Pieter told me, I thought it was a lovely idea and I can't wait to see it".

Now that they were talking more about the baby and what they would need for him, it made her forget about the negativity from earlier. Although she did agree with what he said next as she had learned that lesson from when she had Ari.

" I agree on both counts and I've definitely learned a lot from having Ari and only getting what they really need and true, but we'll be okay".

Taking a bite of her danish and a sip of the smoothie as Fells got up and headed to the kitchen, she looked over as he then stopped and mentioned making a list.

" Yeah I can do that, in fact we can make the list together".

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2020, 05:41:23 pm »
[apartment]
in the kitchen he took a moment to collect himself. The whole topic of having a baby was still mind blowing to Fells. How should he of all people take care of a baby? He had no idea how that would work or what it actually meant.The question whether he'd be a good father had popped in his head, too. There were probably much better suited men but it was his son and he'd try his best.

A little lost in thoughts he stared at the replicator. He hated the thing but it was convenient, so he replicated himself a coffee with a dash of Irish cream. Then he returned to the living room and sat down next to Lea and placed his hand on her knee.
"Okay....list....what do we need?...You know that I have no idea about any of this. You chose a guy who has never had much to do with babies...I don't even know how to hold one properly."

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2020, 06:38:23 am »
[Apartment]

Even having experience didn't mean that Lea wasn't a little apprehensive about dealing with a newborn and everything that they came with one. It had been over 4 years since she had last been pregnant but at the same time was glad that Fells was around to help and for them to share all of this together. So as he lingered at the replicator, Ari had decided to go an find Shadow, leaving the adults to discuss the baby stuff.

Lea had settled onto the sofa a bit more as Fells then used the replicator, which was useful, although was reminded to make a fresh pot of coffee, when she made dinner. Their new quarters was everything and more, including a larger kitchen for her to cook in, thanks to the new stove and soon to be fully stocked cabinets.

When Fells then returned and joined her on the sofa, she smiled as he placed his hand on her knee, before he asked what they needed and shared his thoughts about it all, including how he didn't know how to hold a baby properly.

Resting her hand on his leg, she looked over as she answered honestly.

" I didn't when I had Ari and its been a while since I was last pregnant, so I'm going to be relearning it all, so we can help each other through this and you'll soon get the hang of holding him".

Picking up a PADD, Lea brought up what she needed so they could make a list.

" As for what we need, aside from a stroller and crib, we're going to need, clothes, diaper bag, day crib for in here, diapers, various creams etc, bottles, blankets .... a lot basically, so I think a trip to the Promenade definitely needs to happen, as there's probably things I've missed".

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: February 23, 2020, 09:11:53 am »
Fells listened to the rather long list.
"How do primitive cultures do without all that? I think some way along our oh so cultivated ways we've lost touch with our roots. There are cultures on Earth that still do it like thousands of years ago. They use long fabric to bind the babies to their bodies and simpky breast feed."
He shut up when he saw Aris and Leas face.
Both of them had done this and Ari turned out great.
"Sorry....sometime I hate what living with nothing has done to me. I sometimes crave sleeping in a hollow, no clothes and hunting down my food...."
Something deep insude of him had changed when his primal instincts took over.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: February 23, 2020, 09:22:46 am »
Fells's response was enough to distract Lea from the seemingly never ending list as he made a valid point about primitive cultures and losing touch with their roots. Although she was interested in what he had to say about cultures who still practiced the old ways.

However seeing Ari's face and maybe the look on her own had soon shut him up.

He didn't need to apologise but his explanation, she could understand, given what he had gone through, with being left alone.

" It's okay Babe, but I did find it interesting about what you had to say and I know you hate what it's done to you, we'll get through it and maybe going shopping, will also help".

She paused for a moment, as an idea came to her and she then added.

" A lot of this stuff, we can probably get handmade, more traditional items and such, I'm also willing to give breastfeeding another try".

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2020, 12:07:19 pm »
[Apartment]
Fells rubbed his face and smiled at her. "You hace more understandung than anyone I know."
He leaned over for a brief kiss.
"How do you feel about going shopping now? See what we can find? We could also check out those Earth wind and fire stores."

Ari looked to her mother first but then got up and tugged on his much larger hand.
"Can I get something, too?"
"Something? What do you need?"
She looked at her toys and then said. "A unicorn friend for my unicorn."

Fells looked to his slightly rounder girl friend.
"Ready?"

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2020, 12:19:08 pm »
[Apartment]

Lea smiled at his comment before responding to his brief kiss, savouring the moment of his lips on hers. When he then asked how she felt about going shopping now and also checking out the earth, wind and fire stores, Lea thought it was great idea.

Although paused in replying as Ari looked at her, before reaching out to Fells and asking if she could get a friend for her unicorn.

It was very sweet and something they couldn't refuse.

" I think we can do that sweetheart and yes I'm up for some shopping".

Thinking it was probably a good idea to take the list, Lea then put it in her purse as Fells then asked if she was ready.

" I am".

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2020, 04:47:58 pm »
[Apartment]
"Ari....shoes, please, and bathroom...."
Fells had gotten so used to living with the toddler that he knew she would have to use the bathroom 5 minutes after they left home.

Ari didn't feel like listening though. She put on her shoes and declared. "Ready...don't need to go."
"Do it anyway."
"No."
She crossed her arms.
Sometimes Fells wished he knew how far he could push her.
He looked to Lea and said.
"I can wait here until you feel it's time because we're not going before."

The little girl gave him a mean look and then left to do what he had siggested.

Then she returned with the same look just to demonstratively take her moms hand.

Fells shrugged and closed the door.
"Guess you'rer walking today."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:49:58 pm by Fells Halgerdur »

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2020, 02:41:41 am »
[Apartment]

Ari's behaviour after Fells had told her the usual routine before they left for anywhere, was typical Ari. Although it appeared that she was being extra stubborn today, something that they would need to bring under control, before the baby was born.

Seeing no reason to intervene as Fells was handling it well, so as he looked at her, was in full agreement.

" Daddy Fells is right, especially if you want that unicorn".

When she then stormed off, Lea decided it was best to just let her, as Fells was right, plus they didn't need any extra bathroom stops. However when she returned and took hold of her hand, Lea again agreed with Fells and Ari's attitude had to change if she was to be given a piggy back.

" I guess she is and she needs to learn, not to storm off when she's told to do something".

Hopefully that would sink in as they left their quarters and headed for the Promenade.

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2020, 06:54:58 am »
[promenade]
Thanks to Turbolifts and a bit of walking the Promenade was easy to reach. Ari walked most of the way and then wanted to be carried but Fells only said.
"I'll carry you on the way back."
It was his way of telling her that her own behavior had caused this. She mostly accepted Fells as her father but sometimes he felt he wanted to be a bit stricter.
It was the way he'd been brought up. Perhaps because the environment was rougher or the fact that he was a boy.

The promenade was busy, even during the week and there were too many shops to choose from.
"Which one do you usually go to?" He asked Lea as he put his arm around her.

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2020, 08:23:55 am »
[Promenade]

Lea didn't blame for Fells for not giving into Ari, when she asked for a carry, once they had almost reached their destination. It was only right to do so as she needed to learn and not expect it, after she had misbehaved.

Perhaps it was finally sinking in as she didn't protest and nodded when Fells replied, before they arrived onto a busy Promenade. Lea did make sure that she was holding her hand properly, as Fells then asked about which shop she usually went too and put his arm around her.

There was one where she got most of Ari's stuff from and was sure they had a baby range, so decided that one for now.

" There's one just a few shop's up that we can start with, then look at the others".

Lea then led the way and the three of them, quickly entered a fairly large store, where Lea took out her Padd to consult the list.

Offline Fells Halgerdur

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2020, 06:19:16 pm »
[baby store]

The multitude of things one could buy for a baby was absolutely overwhelming. Fells almost gasped when he looked at the large advertising holos and heard jingles coming from every corner. The store even had a 'kiddie land' where children could go and play with all sorts of toys while they were being supervised.

"Holy crap." Escaped his mouth when he looked around.
"They have 200 varieties of strollers...with one seat, with two, with wheels, hovering, entertainment units or none....what the.....who needs all this."
But then he spotted something that caught his interest. It was a small toy transporter, that you could sit your child in, which hovered over a platform and simulated a smooth flight scenario.
As he headed for it, Ari ran ahead and wanted to climb in.
"Wait, no....didn't mom say, no running ahead? Do you want to walk home?"
"No." The girl trotted back to him and now took his hand.
"Good girl."

He then looked to Lea and smiled. "I found what I want....for me."

Offline Leanna Mazal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2020, 02:49:01 am »
[Baby Store]

Her boyfriend's reaction to the store was one that Lea would remember, especially when he then commented about the various types of stroller.

" Yeah my thoughts exactly, I want something fairly simple and useful" she replied honestly, before something else got his attention.

Watching as he and Ari went over to it, glad to see Ari behaving herself, as Fells then looked to Lea and she couldn't help but grin, with what he said next.

" That's good Babe, see coming here wasn't so bad after all was it?" she said playfully, then added.

" I'll let you both check it out, whilst I look at the strollers".

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles