Author Topic: Name for the new Commander of Avalon  (Read 660 times)

Offline Ruth Sigurdsdottir

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • It's clearly illogical.
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Name for the new Commander of Avalon
« on: March 02, 2020, 10:18:58 am »
Our 2nd mission of Season 4 will see us back (briefly) at Innominatum Avalon where we'll have a renaming ceremony (a few posts at most) and deposit the new Commander there, say our goodbyes to those staying on the post (Maggie, Taray), have Taray's baby and attend Maggie's wedding to Dr. Al-Hambra (these can be played out as a holodeck thread if anyone is interested).

But we have a small problem.  We don't have a name, rank, or species, or gender for the Commander, and since it can be anything... I'm opening it to you for suggestions.

We have until 2 days before the end of the March mission to decide this as I intend that s/he be given a lift back on the Challenger from GHQ.

Throw your ideas this way.  Face Claims would be useful (or least a description of 'He looks like Sean Connery when he was playing James Bond' or 'Maggie Smith - as McGonagall' )

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Offline Sukal

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • I Have Returned!!!
  • Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Name for the new Commander of Avalon
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 06:43:51 pm »
Name:  Kristopher Daniels

Position:  CO of AVALON Station
Species:  Human

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 07:06:22 pm by Ruth Sigurdsdottir »
"'The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged."  ~Captain Jean-Luc Picard:  2367

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
  • Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Three year award Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 07:07:54 pm »
Name:  Kristopher Daniels

I like this idea and is a lovely tribute to the late 'Spartacus'.  Any other ideas folks or do people like this one??

P.S. I fixed the link for you, it was being squiffy whatever I did to it too so uploaded it to imgur so it's there to us if we go with him!

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 09:45:30 pm »
Name: Allistar Askelson

I'm just messing around and playing on your love of Norse with a pic of "Odin"......lol.....I'm good with who ever.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 10:37:18 pm by Kyle Briggs »

Online Rayek trLhoell

• Site Administrators
  • Revered Member
  • I-jol au, e'lev
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Biannual Award for players who have created and played alts. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer Awarded every January by the FCO.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 04:04:26 am »
Character Details

Character NameCharacter Age: 42
Character DOB: 2356
Character Image:
Character Species:  Hybrid (Human/Andorian)
Character FamilyCharacter Bio
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 04:09:16 am by Rayek trLhoell »

Mrht Heis'he ehl'ein qiuu
Rayek's BIO : Romulan male. 6'1" (1.8m)

• Approved Applicants
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 01:13:35 pm »
Ooooh I think we might have to go to vote for this!!  I'm liking all of them!

I'll leave this open until Sunday, then put up a poll, and run that for a week.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles