CATCH UP SYNOPSIS - CHECK HERE IF YOU'VE BEEN LOA or NEW or JUST LOST THE PLOT!

Started by Ruth Sigurdsdottir, June 18, 2019, 11:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Having been on the end of illness, time off and so on and a busy moving plot before, with some discussion with my excellent Number 1, We've decided that it might be an idea if we post a plot synopsis of what has gone on the previous week on the Challenger.

There will be a brief run down of what the principal things each department is involved in. Any general Challenger stuff (as in things the whole ship is involved in).  Stuff on Innominatum (while we are still involved with the Outpost), We will incorporate a section for other ships if and when we co-op with another SIMM.

Then there will be a section for any OOC Challenger stuff like reservations, new players, and any news we deem worthy of being mentioned again.

Obviously if you've been away more than a week then you will have to read more than one week but it will be set out so that there is not more than about 3 lines on each department, a short paragraph on the ship in general, ditto on Innominatum.  'Any other business' and 'Transfers, Reserves, Newbies' will be as per it happens.

Thank you!

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

THIS WEEK PER DEPARTMENT:

COMMAND:
Running around like headless chickens screaming 'Why the hell is this happening to me?!' ;)  Erm we mean Sukal - liaising with Lek, cooking up some plan with torpedoes.  Ruth, having major wibble and trying to pull all the departments together (doubting her ability to be Captain in private... having Sukal kick her arse and tell her she's doing ok!)

FLIGHT:
Dradis and Litt find a 1.7 degree margin of error that has put them about 10 degrees west by going to nav. controls on Battle Bridge which are unaffected.  It seems that some diagnostic that was run prior to leaving Innominatum (by Cadet Olivia) was actually hacked.  Olivia (clone cadet) is at helm on main bridge and offers an experimental fix which is immediately shot down in flames by both CO and XO.

OPERATIONS: Lahr being a blue antennae'd superman version of Uhura and being Ruth's message boy (poor thing) sending a million messages and liaising between the Battle Bridge.  Sukal working on torpedoes and working with Lek for the 'Sukal manoeuvre'.

ENGINEERING: Working with Sukal for the 'Sukal manoeuvre'.  Lt. Lek has the Chief and Cadet M'raarra scrubbing the hull with toothbrushes.

SCIENCES: Dr. Jex (El-Aurian real version) checks out as who he says he is, finally has clearance for the consoles and is analysing the crystal drugs with Cadet Apprentice (Arya) Sigurdsdottir

SECURITY: Cadet Peter Davidson (Sciences) found dead in his room, presumably of an overdose of the crystal drugs. Security investigating (Taray, Mondo and Cadet Apprentice (Katya) Sigurdsdottir)

MEDICAL: Elsa Murtaugh (Ensign NPC) attending the investigation into death of Peter Davidson.

GENERAL ORDERS AND THINGS PERTAINING TO THE CHALLENGER AS A WHOLE: Still following (see note about flight) the USS Redav standing orders to pursue and capture Admirals Leyton and d'Arth but not to kill if possible.

MEANWHILE ON INNOMINATUM: Veronique and Pema have Peter Davidson's bag full of drugs.  'The Traveller' has got ahold of some of them and passed them onto Security on the outpost.

TRANSFERS, NEWBIES, LOAs and RESEVEREs: New Flight Cadet - Richard J. Litt has joined the Challenger.  Crewman Esme Labinjoh (Flight) has reserved.  Dr. Lizzie Vaughan is IPC.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS (news relating to Challenger out of character):

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

WEEK ENDING 23rd June 2019

COMMAND: Sukal - Modifying torpedoes, Control of the bridge until just now.  Ruth - meeting with Medical and Science, alerts Innominatum and Control about drugs report and death of Cadet Davidson

FLIGHT: Navigation re-calibrated.

OPERATIONS: Lahr reset the navigation after dropping out of warp

ENGINEERING: Scrubbing the hull, Lek prepping down in Main Engineering for the 'cunning plan'

SCIENCES: Discovered that there are micro organisms with the drugs which can be mind controlling

SECURITY: Still dealing with the Davidson death, gets Sciences report, Mondo reports to the Bridge

MEDICAL: Concerned with the Davidson death.

GENERAL ORDERS AND THINGS PERTAINING TO THE CHALLENGER AS A WHOLE: Follow Leyton/Redav (the general order as per whole of this mission)

MEANWHILE ON INNOMINATUM: Pema and Veronique in deep water as one of their customers has just died in public after taking a 'normal' amount of the drug.

TRANSFERS, NEWBIES, LOAs and RESEVEREs: IPC - Jex, Litt.  LOA/ELOA - Lyra and Lizzie

ABOUT TO HAPPEN: Back to warp, catching up (to within 'Sukal Manoeuvre' distance) with the Redav, Time jump to this point.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

WEEK ENDING: 4th (7th) July 2019

COMMAND: Ruth and Sukal are now OFFICIALLY your command team and have the ranks of Lt. Commander Sukal, Executive Officer and Captain Ruth Sigurdsdottir, Commanding Officer.

Ruth making hard decision to follow REDAV wherever she's gone, despite the risks to the Challenger. We need to find where the Redav is going (I would say more but ...

... so sorry! Don't want to spoil it for you, but there might be fireworks on 4th July for you all! ;)

FLIGHT: We have the awesome Ensign Litt who passed his OTC and will assume the rank of Ensign at the start of Revelations Part 2: Into the Rabbit Hole (Monday) at the helm, did some sterling evasive flying and got us up close and personal so that Mondo could unleash hell on the Bismark!

OPERATIONS: Lahr doing a million things at once, and Sukal modified some torpedoes that were effective against the Bismark

ENGINEERING: Lek Miracle pulled off - Managed to up the shields by drawing power from other places and saved the day.  Lek sustained rib and cheek bone fracture as well as concussion after being thrown into a bulkhead by impact.  Gianetti held the department together while Lek was in Sickbay.  Lek now on light duties and 3 hour shifts much to his chagrin.

SCIENCES: Discovered the method the Bismark used to appear suddenly, also where presumably the Redav has disappeared and we are trying to replicate this.

SECURITY and TACTICAL: Excellent firing by Mondo... We sunk the Bismark!!

MEDICAL: Patching up everyone after the impact, small operation on Lek to repair the cheekbone and boneknitter on ribs.

GENERAL ORDERS AND THINGS PERTAINING TO THE CHALLENGER AS A WHOLE: Sukal and Lek's Warp bubble worked however USS Bismark appeared out of 'nowhere' to assist, so sudden that only Lek's miracle of the shields saved us, however, Challenger's systems knocked out for a while and we're still only able to manage Warp 4.  Still following the Redav into the ??wormhole?? but will shortly return to Innominatum for repairs and planning.

NOTE:  We will be assisting the USS Athena briefly for their season finale - while this involves the Challenger, Captain Carter has said it will mostly in reality just involve me (Ruth) posting.  I will update as I get information.

MEANWHILE ON INNOMINATUM: The Traveller (Lark) has meeting with Chief Maghouin who offers him a personal deal that if they manage to catch the drug smugglers and catch Leyton, even if Starfleet Command don't give him a free pardon, she will resign and fight it all the way to the top with a few friends from JAG.  Lark also works an immunity deal with her for Veronique and Pema.

TRANSFERS, NEWBIES, LOAs and RESEVEREs: IPC - N/A LOA - Lyra (to 10th July) - TRANSFERRED/TO - N/A   RESERVED - Dr. Lizzie Vaughan

ANY OTHER BUSINESS (news relating to Challenger out of character): We lost Lizzie. May she rest in peace.

ABOUT TO HAPPEN: Science work their bit of miracle, hopefully Engineering can push Warp 5 out of our engines to get us there that bit quicker, go thru the 'wormhol', get heading of Redav, get back thru wormhole, and get plotting to scrobble Leyton for good!  And wind up this missing back at the Outpost :)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

WEEK ENDING SUNDAY 14th JULY 2019 (MISSION END ROUND UP)

COMMAND: Ordered destruction of the Redav following Sukal finding traps that would blow up the ship upon transporting in to certain points.  Redav senior staff initiated the self-destruct.

FLIGHT: Took us to the twin white dwarf and to the site of the abandoned Redav, then back home to Innominatum in about 3 days.

OPERATIONS: Found 5 warp trails - USS Poseidon, USS Falcon, and USS Gol. The fifth warp trail was more dissipate...  either the USS Kumari-E or the USS Ushaan both Andorian run Federation vessels, all of these ships are reported missing.

ENGINEERING: Lek still fighting the headache from hell following surgery to his cheekbone/eye socket, and from broken ribs

SCIENCES: Used a twin white dwarf and a graviton-tachyon beam to create artificial wormhole to jump where Redav had gone, successfully thanks to a suggestion by Ensign Farrah and the initial idea from Dr. Jex

SECURITY: Safeguarding lone occupant from the Redav once we had beamed them over to Medical.

MEDICAL: Making sure that the survivor was still alive.  Dr. (Capt.) Lizzie Vaughan transferred to Starfleet Medical HQ as lead in the Paediatric Trauma department taking Alys (her daughter) with her.

GENERAL ORDERS AND THINGS PERTAINING TO THE CHALLENGER AS A WHOLE: THIS is important.  Read it! Remember it for later!! Otherwise, general orders.

MEANWHILE ON INNOMINATUM:Nothing of note this week, same old same old... we'll catch up with The Traveller, Maghouin and the drug smugglers in the next mission.

TRANSFERS, NEWBIES, LOAs and RESEVEREs: IPC - NIL  LOA/ELOA - NIL TRANSFERRED/TO - - Mondo (not sure where too but we wish him well in his new assignment RESERVED - Dr. Elizabeth Vaughan, PO2 Lyra  NEWBIES - Lt. Djann Tempest our new CSO will be joining us (NPC'd as Ensign Farrah for the end of last mission so he was around :P ), Ens. James Walding will be joining us in Sec/Tac, NPC CMO Dr. (Lt.) Margaret (Maggie) York, M.D. is starting in Medical too :)

ANY OTHER BUSINESS (news relating to Challenger out of character): RIP Lizzie Vaughan.  The next mission is dedicated to her, let's make it a good'un

ABOUT TO HAPPEN: Big meeting on Innominatum, receiving new staff in the form of Lt. Djann Tempest the new CSO, Lt. Maggie York (NPC CMO) and Ensign James Walding in Sec/Tac.  Meeting is in the form of a 'War Cabinet'... we are going to have a room set up permanently, people coming and going, and basically like old war movies where you'd have a huge map (this one holographic but still!) and different coloured markers for different things... All departments are going to be offering solutions and making a 'battle plan' then we go out after Leyton once and for all.. well that's the theory! :)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

WEEK ENDING 4TH AUGUST 2019 (FULL MINISODE ROUND UP, sorry I've been lax)

COMMAND: Taking a little much earned rest, somewhat enforced.  Trying to marshall the troops into getting everything ready for the 'Think Tank'

FLIGHT: Involved in making sure all flight vehicles are serviced, flying workabees to assist engineering repairs

OPERATIONS: Questioning cadets (Sukal), Liaising with Sec/Tac (Sukal), Finding warp trails and cross referencing that with information we already have.

ENGINEERING: Repairs to base, drinking with Flight, Helping Sec/Tac with ideas for faux drug ring

SCIENCES: Working on wormhole and frequencies, locating source of strobolin, making a faux drug

SECURITY: Liaising with Ops regarding getting Outpost up to snuff for customs, the drug smuggling ring closing in and training up 2 new Ensigns.

MEDICAL: Examining the data for the brainwashing machine, doing medicals/patching up problems.  New doctor (Chang) arrived.

GENERAL ORDERS AND THINGS PERTAINING TO THE CHALLENGER AS A WHOLE: Repairs, ongoing investigations, R&R, and getting crew to full fitness with a view to preparing for Conference (Aug) and going back on the offensive with Leyton (Sept)

MEANWHILE ON INNOMINATUM: As above - Innominatum is getting ready for this (esp. the conference) as much as preparing to do battle with Leyton again, Captain wants the outpost as ready as it's gonna be so that they can 'safely' leave it and it will defend itself more.

TRANSFERS, NEWBIES, LOAs and RESEVEREs: IPC -  NIL LOA/ELOA - NIL TRANSFERRED/TO - NIL (out), Lt. Sven 'Stryker' Aune coming IN for a month to learn alternative, outpost Sec/Tac policies from USS Athena RESERVED - NIL NEWBIES: Ensign Zavrol Gohun in Sec/Tac, Dr. Oscar Chang in Medical

ABOUT TO HAPPEN: MASSIVE Conference on Innominatum, ongoing preparations for Leyton assault.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.