ANNOUNCEMENTS AND INFORMATION BOARD - PLEASE CHECK HERE REGULARLY!

Started by Ruth Sigurdsdottir, April 28, 2019, 07:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Hi dear crew of the USS - Challenger-A

I've created this board for two reasons:

1.  Not all of our crew have Discord, and I for one am not going to force people to install things on their PCs or phones just for something that is (hopefully!) fun!

2.  It's good to have somewhere we can post anything that will be changing etc., that is not pertinent to the mission running currently but to the SIMM as a whole, or regarding the multiple NPCs we'll need in coming months and so on.   I'll also be using this to ask for volunteers for things like helping to get information to flesh out e.g. our NPC roster and so on.  These sort of things (i.e. helping the CO! ;) ) all count in your favour when it comes to promotions and who gets picked to be the next department head or whatever.  Anything that is important to the flow of the current mission i.e. TAGS, TIME JUMPS etc please post on the Discussion Thread.

So... my first 'announcement' is below, PLEASE when there are multiple announcements or bits of information, quote the original so we know what you are talking about! :P Thanks

Ruth Sigurdsdottir
Acting Captain

"If I were human I believe my response would be "go to hell." If I were human."

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

NPC ROSTER
While I know not all of you will have permissions to update the roster (that 'delight' belongs to the CLOs only! One more thing for us to do haha!) you can still help us out!

I have noticed that quite a few of the names don't have face claims, or have notes beside them like 'needs first name'.

With regard to those NPCs NOT controlled by an APC if you would like to suggest FCs (preferably from HERE so we have a picture), or character traits etc so we can build up a more interesting NPC roster, please do so.

Also Department Heads especially but any crew members - please refer to the NPC Roster and use existing NPCs before creating new ones unless specific character traits are necessary.  I mean this to be if 'faceless security grunt 2,3 and 7' are needed you can pick anyone from the list.  If you particularly need someone that is essentially Worf... then go ahead and create Worf!

Any updates, Face Claims, suggestions... please PM me with 'NPC ROSTER UPDATES/SUGGESTIONS' in the subject line.

Thanks!

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

SEASON 3 NPCs - MISSION CENTRIC CHARACTERS
As discussed on Discord - there are going to be at least 8 recurring NPCs, 3 of which at least will be ongoing NPCs after this season (or at least 2... Ruth's sisters!, the 3rd, who will be known as 'The Traveller' I'd like to have hanging around in the background after the season arc concluded, but that depends on how his story pans out ... watch this space!)

To make it easier for everyone I want to put up short character descriptions for each person involved since we'll be referring to these all month, but there's a few things I need to ask.

1.  Would you like these on a) the existing NPC board b) a LINK to another board in the Database in the NPC board that would go to c) a totally separate 'Season 3 NPCs' board.  Please comment below which would be easiest for you.

2.  Those of you that have agreed to play these NPCs (THANK YOU!!!) I will provide you with needed character traits, races whatever, and drop you a PM/DM periodically when your char needs to do something specific to the storyline (stuff that before S3:E8 or whatever would be a bit of a spoiler LOL), BUT in the meantime, and so I don't hinder creativity, unless I've specifically said that someone needs playing in a certain way - you are free to play the characters give them whatever face claims that you want etc.  HOWEVER... I need - Face Claims, and a potted biog (Name, age, race, any other interesting information about the player you want revealed, and any character traits e.g. 'is rather shy')

Thank you all for your time in making this a great season, I'm looking forward to running it!  Please use the form below to do your biogs so we keep it all ship shape:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Played by (your main char on Challenger):[/b]
[b]Portrayed age:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Face Claim (photo):[/b]
[b]Any information you wish to disclose about the character as precursor to when they appear:[/b]
[b]Character Traits:[/b]

Mondo'li Nari

Hello,

I'm not sure if we are allowed to respond to this.  Please delete if not.

But I wanted to caution that we should try not to pick famous or well known people for NPC face claims.  It is probable that people playing PCs will like to play famous actors/models.  I would not want us to steal that opportunity away.

Cheers!

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Perfectly ok to comment here Mondo.  And yeah I kinda like that idea, kinda like the HP kids before they did Harry Potter.  I mean yeah, NOW they're mega stars but had anyone heard of them before that really.  (Yeah I know Daniel Radcliffe did Nicholas Nickleby and Draco did Anna and the King but Luna? Neville? )

Given that these are cadets, I like this idea.  I'll make an exception for Commodore D'Arth as he needs to be imposing so whomever Sukal (who is taking him on rather than Lizzie) chooses as a FC for him is fine with me so long as appropriate age to be a Commodore and not too good looking, I'm thinking a more rugged look maybe Daniel Day-Lewis (as he is now rather than back in Last of the Mohicans), Russell Crowe, Clive Owen, Gary Oldman (ooooh I like that idea, I could see him playing this part if it was made a movie LOL)  That sort of age, demeanor.

Comments are welcomed!

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

We should have the Redav contact us on approach tomorrow at the latest, so things will start heating up meaning...

Medical - will have cadet to train up
Engineering - will have cadet to train up and a ship to fix (yeah on top of everything else, yes Lek you are a miracle worker!! :P )
Ops - (see as for Engineering!)
Security - will have stuff to do cuz of the smuggling rumours
Science - plants coming in and for Lyra marshalling the cadets :P

And all on our 2nd best behaviour cuz there's a Rear Admiral around  ::)

Please check S3 Mission-centric recurring NPCs for more details on what the incoming cadets are like and so on.

Traveller should arrive soon too and we have the miscreants known as the younger Sigurdsdottir girls incoming with d'Arth too :)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Replacement Engineering Cadet (who will be NPC'd by myself) as well as the 2 female smugglers (also me) have been added to the NPC for S3 roster.

Lt. Malik Grippen has transferred to the USS Athena we thank him for his service here and hope he will be happy and successful in his new assignment.  We will be assigned a new flight officer in due course. (We do have a flight cadet NPC coming in so we are not totally bereft, and Ruth can also pilot if necessary since that is the department in which she started her Starfleet career!)

So... Lark is here, d'Arth is almost here, and we have 2 smugglers on the base (although no one actually IC knows that they are smugglers yet! :P )

And a shout out to all of you - you're doing awesome.  It's only day 5 of this mission and with another 5 posts we'll be on page 6 already!  Thank you for being so super active.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

ATTENTION ALL HANDS!!
Just a heads up to let you know that 26th thru 29th while I will deffo be around, posting will be slower as I have visitors from out of town.  Thus I will be doing the tourist guide thing and entertaining during the day - thus posting will likely be early evenings my time.

They are arriving late afternoon on Sunday and leaving sometime on the Wednesday before lunch.  During this time I will mostly be handing off to Lt. Sukal and Dr. Vaughan to keep an eye on you, make sure you're all ok.  I will however be answering tags, and generally making sure that everything is in place to get us thru what will hopefully be the last week of our first mission of Season 3!  So far you've been great and there's been some good writing, keep it up.

There's going to be a LOT happening this week so keep your eyes peeling on your Discord chat, FB, PMs (however I message you) if you are doing central to the plot and I say 'Go go go idea 3' then slip that in asap in the plot.  PLEASE... or we're going to be dragging over into June and while a lot of the plot lines in this season arc are pretty fluid, this mission is crucial to laying in those plot lines and cementing them in concrete so the rest of the season runs smoothly.  Thank you!

I will also be using here - with general notifications to e.g. 'All NPC Cadets'... so to that end PLEASE make sure you check this thread, USE (and check) the Discussion thread for tags, and if you're on Discord (please please remember that not everyone is on Discord! so message them on here, namely Lyra and Esme... Esme is on Discord but often only has a chance to check here between work and sleep!) check there and well... have fun!

Big things to do this week:

1) Once back at Innominatum fully there will be a big DH/People important to the investigations meeting where all the info will be brought together, plan of action for repairs (NOTE TO LEK: I want Challenger (she's mostly 'done' I think?), Redav and 90% of the stuff on Innominatum sorted or least 'able to be continued if the Challie is away from base' as of say Mon 27th.

2) Have meeting between Lyra, Judy and the Cadets.  Judy just there as offering counselling after the battle as this would have likely been the first action they'd seen.

3) Supply stocking on both ships

4) Some bad family news for Admiral d'Arth

Thanks for all being a fantastic crew, and enjoy your week.

Captain Sigurdsdottir[/size]

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

It is my unhappy duty to report today that Dranik has decided to reserve.

Following a 'Hi how are you, any update on your return' kind of PM I got this reply from player

I apologize but I'm going to have to put my character on reserve while I work on some issues that have come up. I will notify you when I plan on returning. I don't mind if they use him as an NPC character as long as he isn't killed without my permission.

Best Regards
- Dranik

We'd like to wish Dranik all the best and hope that he finds his way back to us sooner rather than later.

~ Ruth

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

Just a quick heads up that Lek has opted out of playing Cadet Pauline Rosario and to that end I've taken over the playing of her.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

In addition to Sukal making Acting XO and Lt. Commander, Lizzie gets her training wheels off and becomes full Second Officer.  I'd like to thank her for her continuing service both in that capacity and that of my CMO!

There are no other promotions this month, but we're all on the lookout this month as July is AWARDS MONTH!! so there will be people put forward for various things, we as the Command team will be looking at all of you, but DH's please if you think one of your staff is worthy of recognition or if you just particularly thing that a post (ANYONE about ANYONE!!) is a particularly good bit of technobabble or whatever... let us know!  We have our ideas but won't hurt to have extra eyes! :)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

ATTENTION ALL HANDS

POSTING HERE SO THOSE NOT ON DISCORD SEE TOO
Guys, something to point out - if you are tagging people (I'm as much at fault as the rest of you, I own that) then please give them a chance to respond.  Also read all the posts (permission given if you don't have any NPC on Innominatum at present to skip those if you don't want to read, I will give a potted update on the drug situation on site now and then, so that when it ties into the main plot line you're not all totally clueless!)  so that you know if someone else is waiting on a person to show up.  Thank you.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

ATTENTION ALL HANDS

We are going to be winding up Revelations Part 1: The Traveller in the next 2 days... it is a little bit of a rushed ending BUT the things that I don't get done in the end of this will only be things on base which we can pick up on Revelations Part 2: Into the Rabbit Hole.  This is still a 2 parter mission over a couple of months.

HOWEVER...

We've been asked by Captain Carter of the Athena if we can go help him over there.  Now it's a little bit... how shall we say... Time has gone wibbly wobbly.  Athena is currently at least a month ahead of us timeline wise so we can assume in the time between us finishing part 1 and starting part 2 we not only get back to Innominatum, Lek works his wizardry on repairing the ship to full capacity, we whizz over to wherever the Athena is and... well we stop some nasties beating up my ex Captain and the Athena.  It's their season finale and we're honoured to be asked to help out!

Then sorry it's back to Innominatum making plans to go and sort out Leyton once and for all.  I'm all for a little break from him first tho!

I promise that while quite a few of the missions we will be doing between now and next Feb will be eventually brought to a head in the Feb season finale of our own, most of the missions we won't see or hear of him at all, but there will just be subtle hints that... it's because of him.

As soon as I have more info about this minisode, I will let you know.

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

AWARDS are going up in a second, congratulations to all.

The small 'minisode' will only need to be a few posts by me on the Athena so ... as you were (Captain Carter and I were thrashing out the details but it's boiled down to that :)

not sure how you'd thrash a starship... Lek would probably work something out tho!! ;)

Ruth Sigurdsdottir

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.