News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

POTM - November 2017

Started by Kirok, November 30, 2017, 10:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirok

Fleeters,

We have had a pretty great month!

I believe all but one SIMM currently has over 10 players and that number has kind of stabilized this month - instead of dipping and peaking.

And we had a record number of POTM nominations this month.  Each of them good and special in their own way.  Some even unique in fact.

The winner was one of those unique post!  It was writing by a player who has recently returned.  It is our very own Alyssa Meadows and here is her post:

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on November 19, 2017, 07:00:34 PM

[Sickbay]
'Shit.' Alyssa thought to herself. She could feel her heart fluttering, attempting to fly out of her chest and into the vacuum of space; she could feel herself salivating, as if her body was anticipating vomit to come spewing out at any moment. Her eyes darted across the room, at the cadets who were playing with the hyposprays on the holographic crew members that she had activated. She watched as their seemingly playful demeanor shifted to one of solemn and fear.

"Doctor?" one of the younger cadets, Jamie Cassidy, a first year medical student at the academy, asked. Her eyes seemed to waver behind her wire-framed glasses, which she pushed up the bridge of her nose. "Is the Captain joking? I mean, he's joked about this stuff before while we've been here, so it must be another one.....right?"

Alyssa shook her head. "No. It's not a joke." she murmured. Her head was swirling now, flashes of different images and phrases threading their way through her consciousness. Her breathing shuddered. She was experiencing a pain, a white searing pain that was worst than anything she had ever felt. It seemed to burn through her skull as if it were melting the bone and flesh with it. She wanted to scream, wanted to cry out in seek of help, but she couldn't. The other woman wouldn't let her.

"They are going to find you." The voice of her hallucination sneered, appearing in an instant. Alyssa looked up to see her, the other her. The hallucination looked a bit different this time. The gray fabric on the collar of her uniform was torn, her face caked with green blood. There was a fire in her eyes, a rage that not even Alyssa had ever seen before. And she was making her way right to her. "They are going to catch you and you will be put in a penal colony for the rest of your life unless you do exactly what you were meant to do."

Alyssa shook her head. No. She couldn't. This had to be a joke. There was no way that any of this could be real. But the pain was real. The ideas she was being forced to see were very real.

"Ma'am?" Another cadet asked, noticing that she was acting a bit strange, but not strange as in the way she normally acted. This was a bit different to the cadet. They had never seen this side of her before.

"Evan!" Alyssa shouted. "Please take the cadets to a safe location. I have to prep sickbay. Have you seen Smithe?"

The cadets were shuffled out and the room fell silent, her question not being answered. As the doors closed behind her, she could hear the second Alyssa sighing in the background. "Why are you trying to fight it? It's no use. The quicker you get this done, the better."

'But I don't want to....' were the words Alyssa wanted to say, but she found that she couldn't. Any attempt to reply was only met with a warm wind of air coming out of her mouth, but it was enough for the hallucination to understand her meaning.

"Well, if you won't do it, then it looks like I'll do it for you."  In a second, Alyssa felt herself moving against her will. It felt like she was on autopilot, being navigated by an unseen calculating force that had already predetermined the route she was going to take. She tried to resist, tried to hold back, but with each step, she could feel herself getting weaker, that putting resistance on her own muscles like that was going to wind up getting her more injured than she already was.

Alyssa was forced to walk to the hypospray cabinet, open it, and blindly grabbed two top shelf hyposprays. She felt herself move to the work station in the middle of sickbay as her hands laid the two hyposprays down. She wasn't given the opportunity to look at them. Every time she tried, her eyes darted across the room to an invisible point that was determined for her.

When Alyssa's hand raised to her commbadge, Alyssa attempted to shriek. This wasn't happening. Please, would someone, anyone help? Could anyone help? On the click of the badge, Alyssa heard her voice beginning to speak.

=/\=Meadows to bridge, I will be up there shortly to give aid where needed.=/\=

Please help me to congratulate her.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Dylan Torngate

Webmaster and Administrator
Shadow Fleet

T'Ra Jones

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Fala Awen

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Kyle Briggs

Kyan Mackenzie

Solluk

My Primary Shadowfleet Character:

Naira

Congrats! I know it was hard just to pick a nomination to send forth from a bunch of amazing posts on the Athena, I don't envy the admins having to weigh in on all the nominations from every simm.

Katheryn Brighton

Academy Commandant

Kyan Mackenzie

Malcolm Adeyemi

Catrin Maddux

Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

T'Prina

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

Ardyn Jaeger

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.